S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 122

Re: Merged Tribe: Day 5

Post by S~V~S »

Quin wrote:
Golden wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Opt_Outside wrote:Unless anyone is opposed, I have named our chicken Doodle. May she roam happy and free! :D
Can't wait for some Doodle Noodle Soup. :grin:
You're in charge of finding the noodles.
Our supreme overlord DharmaHelper named it Lucile, but I like this better.
Me too.

Congrats Speedchuck!
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 71

Re: Merged Tribe: Day 5

Post by Elohcin »

How are you all up all hours of the night for this game?
LoRab wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Opt_Outside wrote:Unless anyone is opposed, I have named our chicken Doodle. May she roam happy and free! :D
The chicken already had a name: Lucille. She's already used to answering to that.
Epignosis wrote:
Can't wait for some Doodle Noodle Soup. :grin:
You kill our chicken, you die.
Doodle Jr. Noodle Soup?
Still Lucille. And still: NO SOUP FOR YOU.
I'll cook you some of my Brown-kid-famous scrambled eggs :cloud9: :bighug:
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Re: Merged Tribe: [Night 5]

Post by LoRab »

If y'all didn't like the name Lucille, you could have said something when the chicken was named. You didn't. So how was anyone to know you didn't like the name?

Eggs sound great elo!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

LoRab wrote:If y'all didn't like the name Lucille, you could have said something when the chicken was named. You didn't. So how was anyone to know you didn't like the name?

Eggs sound great elo!
I didn't want to do anything that ended with me being hit by a bat :)

I went through the posts and everyone here contributed to riddle solving. Eloh was the standout for revealing all she knew while saying she was not very likely to win herself.

Eloh is 100% safe from my vote today. So is anyone I have BTSC with, so Faraday, INH and Quin (via well). So is Golden becasue I want to talk to him tomorrow, lol.

Why did LC take votes over here last council? I am curious mainly because I felt he was trying to shit stir a bit back at Atamai, and wondered if he did the same over here. Epi, Sorsha and Sawyers input would be interesting, if any of them have opinions.

And now for the 600 lb gorilla, if anyone wants to talk to me about what happened with DH yesterday, I will be in and out all day. I am of the opinion that DH was the single biggest threat to each and every one of us in this game in the long term, and he was an immediate threat to me and those I was loyal to. I cannot imagine the circumstances in which you guys would have voted him out, and now seeing his role, his weighted vote would have been more of a factor as the number of players was reduced. And know that this is a compliment to DH~ even without knowing about his weighted vote, I felt that he was the single biggest threat in the game.

So I think we did every single one of you a favor. If anyone plans on holding this against me, I want to know it up front.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

If it means anything to you, SVS, I would have done the same thing in your place.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Elohcin wrote:If it means anything to you, SVS, I would have done the same thing in your place.
Thank You.

I think, with a new, evenly balanced tribe, that tribe should not come into play today.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 42

Post by speedchuck »

I figured, based on the way that DH was acting, being thrown into a new tribe would either cement his victory or be his instant downfall. While he was good to me, I'm not going to start up a stink about it. What I'd rather know is what Quin did to get votes that night.

We lynched Long Con for a few reasons. I personally voted him because he was sort-of anti-aligned with me in BTSC, though I did feel bad about it because he was being fairly nice about the whole thing.
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Epignosis »

I had BTSC with LC and it seemed like even in there he was trying to trip me up or find a reason to "catch me." That coupled with my suggested that redundant skill sets be removed influenced my vote.

What's this about DH with a bat? Can you tell me more? Sounds terrifying.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote:I had BTSC with LC and it seemed like even in there he was trying to trip me up or find a reason to "catch me." That coupled with my suggested that redundant skill sets be removed influenced my vote.

What's this about DH with a bat? Can you tell me more? Sounds terrifying.
He spent a lot of time punctuating his pronouncements with pictures like these.

The implied threat of violence inherent in the system, as Llama might say.
speedchuck wrote:I figured, based on the way that DH was acting, being thrown into a new tribe would either cement his victory or be his instant downfall. While he was good to me, I'm not going to start up a stink about it. What I'd rather know is what Quin did to get votes that night.

We lynched Long Con for a few reasons. I personally voted him because he was sort-of anti-aligned with me in BTSC, though I did feel bad about it because he was being fairly nice about the whole thing.
He was not as helpful in the challenge as everyone else, primarily though, since he lives in Australia and the challenge started at 3 AM his local time. So He got defensive when called on it, whereas Faraday, whose name was also mentioned, did not get defensive. To be honest, I felt it was a fairly random choice on DHs part. I was in there from the early morning with DH planning strategies, so he took me off the table. In BTS DH implied that since Faraday was the doctor, PoE, Quin had to go since he was not going to lynch LoRab or Eloh.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 39

Post by insertnamehere »

Well, I'm a moron. In case anyone already wasn't aware of that, it should be cemented by my failing to remember to send in my BTSC PM.

I apologize to SVS (who I still get to talk to anyways) and Speedchuck for taking up one of their slots.

I know this is a jerk thing to do to someone else; nevertheless, it was driven by idiocy, not by malice, if that makes things better. (It really doesn't.)
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

DH was including Negan pictures in most of his posts throughout the game. I think we all just got used to it on the original beach and it never seemed threatening. It wasn't so appreciated on the new beach.

As for why Quin, DH put it out there as the old tribe not wanting to vote for each other and not wanting to vote SVS for her contribution to the challenge. He did not do so in a way that was kind or friendly; even if I agreed with much of his point, I thought he went about it in a really crappy way.. Anyway, he put it out that DF and Quin were his 2 options. DF took it in stride, and pointed out that his role could be really helpful. Quin got angry, became rather mean spirited in the thread, and made everything into a fight--including accusations against DH. It was his attitude in the thread (and what was reported was his attitude in BTSC) that made him seem unfriendly to the tribe in any way and earned him votes.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I think he did that on purpose to draw the votes since he had an idol. INH read it exactly right.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

I can take solace in being the Cassandra of Atamai.

Well, not that much solace.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I'm not too upset, INH. After all, I don't have much access to the BTSC on weekdays. You didn't miss much. I'll have to wait till tonight to talk to Sorsha, and contact will be brief
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Opt_Outside
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 108

Post by Opt_Outside »

Lots of big plays. Well, this is survivor! Anyway, we all deserve a huge congrats because we made it to the merge!
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

At least we aren't undateable.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 26

Post by DFaraday »

LoRab wrote:DH was including Negan pictures in most of his posts throughout the game. I think we all just got used to it on the original beach and it never seemed threatening. It wasn't so appreciated on the new beach.

As for why Quin, DH put it out there as the old tribe not wanting to vote for each other and not wanting to vote SVS for her contribution to the challenge. He did not do so in a way that was kind or friendly; even if I agreed with much of his point, I thought he went about it in a really crappy way.. Anyway, he put it out that DF and Quin were his 2 options. DF took it in stride, and pointed out that his role could be really helpful. Quin got angry, became rather mean spirited in the thread, and made everything into a fight--including accusations against DH. It was his attitude in the thread (and what was reported was his attitude in BTSC) that made him seem unfriendly to the tribe in any way and earned him votes.
So are you, Eloh, and INH still in a pact not to vote each other? If so, how many other people are part of this group?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

DFaraday wrote:
LoRab wrote:DH was including Negan pictures in most of his posts throughout the game. I think we all just got used to it on the original beach and it never seemed threatening. It wasn't so appreciated on the new beach.

So are you, Eloh, and INH still in a pact not to vote each other? If so, how many other people are part of this group?
I doubt it; we have formed anew now and with a 50/50 group, I would think past tribes are now moot. That was a good move for them coming as a majority group to us. It would not serve as well, now, I think.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

DFaraday wrote:

Since one of the people with whom I had made promises is no longer in the game, I'm rethinking former pacts. I'm something of a free agent now, I suppose. :noble:
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

DFaraday wrote:

I dunno. Nobody's given me any reason to vote for either of them.

You want all Manama members give up any and all loyalty to other Manama members, correct?

Are Atamai members willing to do the same? You're certainly talking the talk, but are you willing to walk the proverbial walk?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

No, I am willing to do the same. I have taken two former Mananas off of the table, and am totally willing to consider former Atamai people. I can't speak for everyone, of course, but yeah, I would
consider it. My goal was to take as many Atamais to merge as possible, and to come in in a power position. I did not get that, but I did get a level playing field, and I am happy with that.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

ebwop, I had explained this to DH; before the switch, we had had only two totally uncontested, stress free, no dissension lynches. A total zero post no show, and someone who literally volunteered to be lynched. That day, I don't think we had any discussion at all after MP volunteered.

We were then confronted with a guy with a bat who came in and took over, threatened us with elimination and his teammates who pretty much said, yah, we aren't voting for each other.

:shrug:

I think we were just a little bit nervous going forward that that may still be the case. Everything I have seen and heard makes me think it is; that that was DH's schtick, not everyones. I think DH's death probably broke up a few alliances, and now things will have to realign. If they had lynched a Manana yesterday (which I really expected, I thought our guys would go in there and try to do what Manana did to us, sans bat lol) , that might not be the case, but you did and it is.

LC was lynched with 3 votes; was that the three Mananas, or did Epi vote for him too? Because Epi seemed to imply that earlier.

And if he did, well, there is another one willing to look ahead, not behind.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I think we were just a little bit nervous going forward that that may still be the case. Everything I have seen and heard makes me think it is NOT the case.
fixed
Opt_Outside
Stool Pigeon

Post by Opt_Outside »

LC was taken out with 5 out of 7 votes, actually. We let go of tribe alliances and made a group decision to take out a dangerous, deceptive player
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Oh, really? Good. I am glad to hear it was cooperative.

I forget only enough votes to lynch are shown.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

So LC and one other voted for you and Speedchuck?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

S~V~S wrote:So LC and one other voted for you and Speedchuck?
I don't want to jump to conclusions, but I imagine the other was NotSawyer. LC for me, NS for Opt.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 164

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:Why did LC take votes over here last council? I am curious mainly because I felt he was trying to shit stir a bit back at Atamai, and wondered if he did the same over here. Epi, Sorsha and Sawyers input would be interesting, if any of them have opinions.
I know that sorsha was concerned that he had been shitstirring and perhaps even manipulative. She can speak to it better. He just seemed like a threat.

A part of my own personal vote was that I was afraid sawyer was trying to make an idol play (and we all thought he and LC were in an alliance). So the toughest bit was lying to LC and blindsiding him to make sure no idol would be played on him.

As for DH - if he couldn't see the idol play coming, he reaped what he sowed. I hope no-one holds any grudges over that, I'm glad to hear elo say she would have done the same in your position. I'm pretty sure I would have too.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

insertnamehere wrote:At least we aren't undateable.
Damn it, I meant to do this meme yesterday and forgot and now you beat me to it.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

speedchuck wrote:
S~V~S wrote:So LC and one other voted for you and Speedchuck?
I don't want to jump to conclusions, but I imagine the other was NotSawyer. LC for me, NS for Opt.
I don't think it's much of a leap. Sawyer said he was voting opt in the thread and LC said he was voting speed in btsc. Everyone else agreed to vote LC.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

And I was waiting to see what would happen in the thread first but I'll just say what I'm thinking for now.

Sawyer asked to be voted out yesterday. He sort of waffled on it (it wasn't an MP situation), but he did offer to be voted for. He probably would have gotten his wish if we weren't worried it could be an idol play. I'm certainly open to ideas, and I'm open to sawyer saying this doesn't still stand as well, but for right now he's top of mind for me.
Opt_Outside
Stool Pigeon

Post by Opt_Outside »

Golden wrote:And I was waiting to see what would happen in the thread first but I'll just say what I'm thinking for now.

Sawyer asked to be voted out yesterday. He sort of waffled on it (it wasn't an MP situation), but he did offer to be voted for. He probably would have gotten his wish if we weren't worried it could be an idol play. I'm certainly open to ideas, and I'm open to sawyer saying this doesn't still stand as well, but for right now he's top of mind for me.
I'm thinking along the same lines as you, Golden. Sawyer openly said that life had gotten in the way of the game and he'd only be on this week after he drank his army buddies under the table. He was great in the challenge and I'm sure he's great to work with so nothing on him personally, but he seems like an obvious choice to me
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Opt_Outside wrote:
Golden wrote:And I was waiting to see what would happen in the thread first but I'll just say what I'm thinking for now.

I'm thinking along the same lines as you, Golden. Sawyer openly said that life had gotten in the way of the game and he'd only be on this week after he drank his army buddies under the table. He was great in the challenge and I'm sure he's great to work with so nothing on him personally, but he seems like an obvious choice to me
He was OK to work with. He always made the challenges and contributed as much as anyone. It would not surprise me that he had an alliance with LC; they go back.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Shit stirring, manipulation, and asking to be voted off? I think I know who I'll be voting for tonight.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Of course I will wait to hear from Sawyer first unless he doesn't come in before I go to bed.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Elohcin wrote:Shit stirring, manipulation, and asking to be voted off? I think I know who I'll be voting for tonight.
To be fair, the first two were the perception of LC not sawyer. The last one was sawyer (I haven't seen evidence of him being particularly manipulative, given his offer to be voted out turned out not to be an idol play).
Opt_Outside
Stool Pigeon

Post by Opt_Outside »

Golden wrote:
Elohcin wrote:Shit stirring, manipulation, and asking to be voted off? I think I know who I'll be voting for tonight.
To be fair, the first two were the perception of LC not sawyer. The last one was sawyer (I haven't seen evidence of him being particularly manipulative, given his offer to be voted out turned out not to be an idol play).
Yes I don't think sawyer was intentionally shit stirring or manipulative at all, but he did ask to be voted out and give off an air of not caring about the game anymore which is why he'll probably get my vote tonight
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Well, I definitely care and would like to keep around others that care as well.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 179

Post by Quin »

S~V~S wrote:I think he did that on purpose to draw the votes since he had an idol. INH read it exactly right.
This. I realise I was acting shitty and it made my very soul ache to act the way I did, but I did it solely for the purpose of luring votes. DH had a point, but at the same time he'd demonstrated that he was a threat.

I'm not that mean, promise :grin:
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

insertnamehere wrote:
DFaraday wrote:

I dunno. Nobody's given me any reason to vote for either of them.

You want all Manama members give up any and all loyalty to other Manama members, correct?

Are Atamai members willing to do the same? You're certainly talking the talk, but are you willing to walk the proverbial walk?
I never made a pact with Atamai members, so sure. We worked together to stop DH's threat, but I don't hold any special allegiance to Quin or SVS (no offense guys).

But I'm fine with voting Sawyer today. Anytime someone volunteers I won't feel bad obliging.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
notsawyer540
The Mark
Posts in topic: 7

Post by notsawyer540 »

Yeah, go ahead and vote for me guys. I've been a bit busy and haven't found much time to spend on here the last few days. I was looking forward to this game a lot, but I don't want someone else who will get more out of it to get booted instead of me. :)

@Scotty: It's been a great game so far.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Maybe we can all sit around the fire now and sing Kumbaya.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

A toast to not-trev. :beer:
notsawyer540
The Mark
Posts in topic: 7

Post by notsawyer540 »

:beer:
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

notsawyer540 wrote::beer:
I'll even be nice and not post pictures of you an LC dressed up as mafia. Or, ya know, keep them for blackmail for a later date.
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

S~V~S wrote:Maybe we can all sit around the fire now and sing Kumbaya.
I literally just watched the LOST episode where Sawyer suggested doing that.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 124
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Episode 6: "You Reap What You Sow"

It was the boars that did it in.

The tribe heard the grunting and shrill barking in the middle of the night, and scrambled away from the shelter towards the water. When they returned: ruin. The structure had fallen, the chicken had been cut loose and was running around aimlessly. LoRab corralled it and held it close, whispering "Good girl, Lucille, good girl." Even though the chicken was obviously named Doodle. Either way, the tribe was probably not going to sleep well tonight. Thankfully, they still had fire and water.

But they couldn't worry about that now: it was time for tribal council.

Tribal came.

"You all look like shit," badgered Probst.

"Can you say that on TV?" asked Sorsha.

"I can say that Hitler is my personal hero and no one would dare question me. I am the god of the island as far as you are concerned."

"Okay, weirdo," frowned S~V~S.

"So who are y'all thinking of voting out?" asked Scotty.

"I just want to go home, eat a nice meal and see my kids again," pleaded Epi.

"Quiet!" intoned Scotty, creating a spark of lightning and sending it a foot in front of Epi, "it's time to vote!"

And vote everyone did.

"I'll get the votes," intoned Probst.

Probst put on his Google Glass and prepared to read the digitized votes on the screen.

"Wow! That looks amazing!" screamed no one.

"If anyone has the hidden immunity idol and you wish to play it, now would be the time to do so."

The tribe around at each other, knowing that surely it would be played again...

But no one did.

“Ok. Once the votes are read, the decision will be made and the person will be asked to leave the tribal council area immediately. I’ll read the votes.

1st vote:

2nd vote:
That's 2 votes notsawyer

3rd vote:
3 votes notsawyer

4th vote
4 votes notsawyer

5th vote:
5 votes notsawyer

6th vote:

7th vote:

That's 7. That's enough.
The 7th person voted out of Survivor: Mafia...is notsawyer540.

notsawyer, the tribe has spoken.” Probst pulls out a marble and got ready to flick it at notsawyer forcefully. Then he pulled back.

"Actually, I'm not going to kill you tonight. Your job's not over yet.

You will become the first member of the Jury. As a jury member, you will be tasked with ultimately voting for and deciding who you think deserves to be called the winner of this game."

"Cool," sawyer shrugged. And then he was led away.[/spoiler]

notsawyer540 was the Army Sergeant:
Army Sergeant, originally from Season 18's Tocantins.

Army Sergeant has seen two tours of Afghanistan, and knows how to manage a team.

He receives a bonus in all Willpower challenges.
Each night, he can bark orders at one target, making them expend 2 energy and either 2 hunger or 2 thirst during the night instead of 1 each.
Army Sergeant does not get as thirsty as most, and as such, starts with a higher thirst level.

Your starting wellness levels are as follows:
20 Energy, 15 Thirst, and 10 Hunger.

************************************************************************************************************************

It is now Day 6. Day will end in 24 hours at Midnight, EST.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Re: Polls

Post by Scotty »

Night 5:
What's Least Important?

You may select 1 option

Warmth
speedchuck (12) 7%
Home
insertnamehere (2), Opt_Outside (3), Epignosis (4), notsawyer540 (5), LoRab (6), Golden (7), Quin (8), S~V~S (9), Elohcin (11), Sorsha (13) 71%
Sustenance
DFaraday (14) 7%
Trust
No votes
Ratings (Host/Non-player Option)
Scotty (1), JaggedJimmyJay (10) 14%
Total votes : 14

LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Bye, not trev! And good luck on the jury.

Opt and Golden, I would love BTSC with both of you this coming evening.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

[center]CHALLENGE #6: SURVIVOR AUCTION
10 Players: REWARD, no immunity[/center]

It’s your favorite time of the game! The Survivor Auction is today! Join me at 6:30pm EST and take a load off from those strenuous challenges of yore! (If majority says this cannot work, I'll try and work towards a better time, but for now that's what I'm aiming for.)

What is the Survivor Auction, you say? Players will receive $500/person in Survivor Money (TM) and can choose to bid as many times as they wish on items as long as they have the funds left. At the conclusion of the auction (which could end at any time without notice), those that chose not to spend any money will receive nothing but the Survivor Money TMwhich may or may not be a useless currency in this game.

All items will begin with a starting bid of $20. All forthcoming bids must be in increments of $10, and all items can be bought outright to the first bid of $500.

Return to “Survivor Mafia”