EpiDun (Host, Mod, Dead, Specs)
64%

Total votes: 22
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 1125

Re: Game of Champions 2020 [Day 4]

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:20 pm I have now reached the stage where I'm thinking too many people sound too towny and oh god what if 112 is just town where do we go next what did we do wrong.
We? This is your doing town leader.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 338

Post by 112 »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:21 pm
112 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:18 pmgood luck guys
Thanks. Enjoy DVC.

I'm out to the store, not that my absence will really change anything.
:beer:
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 1077

Post by Master Radishes »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:22 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:20 pm I have now reached the stage where I'm thinking too many people sound too towny and oh god what if 112 is just town where do we go next what did we do wrong.
We? This is your doing town leader.
That's what makes it so funny. :mafia:
Master Radishes
Hitman

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... ost3479593
Benson (my cat) is not doing well. Please send your thoughts and prayers as I prepare him for nirvana. (in addition to being a mafia player extraordinaire i happen to double as a trans-species shaman)

he's an old dude and this was expected for a while, but i need to give the guy some love and might not be around the thread as much as yesterday
@tutuu
Master Radishes
Hitman

That game made some people so angry they couldn't eat their cheerios.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Tim, I'm struggling to track your mindset/emotional journey through this phase. You started it gung-ho on tutuu for reasons that make sense from your perspective. Then that was taken from you, and now you're...convinced the wolves are running the show?

I just don't follow. Why do you think this? Who have we mis-cleared?
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1921

Post by tutuu »

lol
Master Radishes
Hitman

I'm gonna dip before EoD. I need to catch up on the sleep this game has cost me.
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1921

Post by tutuu »

hollowkatt could be scum who claimed his real role
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 822
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:24 pm That game made some people so angry they couldn't eat their cheerios.
https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... ost3481121
Star are you seriously suggesting that Focus has picked out people who are PRs AND that this group has somehow identified each other enough to vote as a block without anyone else noticing?

That's some next level tinfoil
More or less confirmed in thread by 112 and grapefruit.

I'm so fucking furious right now I can't even eat my cheerios.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Someday. someone's gotta make a top ten funniest posts from that game. It was so funny. XD
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 627
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Hyena wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:13 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:07 pm
Hyena wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:06 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:02 pm
Hyena wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:00 pm @Sloonei Read your wall on Long Con. I'm not gonna quote it because it's too big, but I just figured I'd let you know that I saw it and took note of it.
I would not call it a "wall on Long Con", it was a wall in which Long Con came out looking not great. But then everyone told me he was pseudo-mech cleared immediately after.

Do you have any thoughts on it?
I was actually townreading Long Con. I wasn't ready to get into an argument about why Long Con is town, so I intentionally didn't comment on it. I was happy to see that you concluded that I'm town from it though! But yeah, I didn't really see the same stiffness that you saw in reaction to you being silenced.
Do you have any thoughts, even just generally, about how the mafia team might have reacted to my silencing on Day 2?
I didn't at the time. I just assume that everyone's going to have their own reaction to it regardless of alignment. For example, I laughed when I noticed it if only because I thought I was free from getting pushed on for a while. Other people may be have been confused, but not necessarily -- like, maybe mafia just assumed that we had some sort of silencing role, too? Thus, I don't know if it's a good idea to broadly look for a specific reaction (not saying that you did). You'd have to go though, player by player, to see their individual reaction and judge it based on their specific meta. Does that make any sense?
Yeah, that's mostly what I was doing.

I think the mafia team, generally speaking, would have been more caught off guard by it simply because they were not responsible for it, and I'm not somebody you'd expect to be targeted by an ability like that from anyone who's not on the mafia team. I would expect them to be a little less quick to react to it, and just follow the leads of whatever civilians were around at the time. It's way I think Made looks so good there: he was the first one to really start reflecting on what it meant at the time. I think you look good because your response was so lighthearted. Long Con's response was troubling because he just seemed to not know how to react at all. I noticed a similar response from Nanook later on.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

"trans-species shaman"
I forgot about that part. That briefly turned into a meme, too, at one point.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Hyena wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:29 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:24 pm That game made some people so angry they couldn't eat their cheerios.
Star are you seriously suggesting that Focus has picked out people who are PRs AND that this group has somehow identified each other enough to vote as a block without anyone else noticing?

I didn't follow season 6 closely enough, but everyone it seems like the absolute best of times.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
hollowkatt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 624

Post by hollowkatt »

tutuu wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:29 pm hollowkatt could be scum who claimed his real role
I could be! but I'm not
ImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu wrote:fluffy furry
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 1652

Post by Justplayingitcool »

Sort by post count
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

tutuu wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:29 pm hollowkatt could be scum who claimed his real role
I had the thought earlier that if hk and jpic really do have nearly identical roles, it is unlikely they are the same alignment, or they're both third party or something. But now that hollowkatt has clarified a bit, I no longer feel like the roles are all that similar. What I understand of hk's role is not necessarily a town ability. The same can be said of what we know about JPIC's role, unless I'm missing something.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:32 pm
Hyena wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:29 pm

I didn't follow season 6 closely enough, but everyone it seems like the absolute best of times.
X neighborhood was the best mafia post I've ever read. Ever
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:35 pm
I had the thought earlier that if hk and jpic really do have nearly identical roles, it is unlikely they are the same alignment, or they're both third party or something. But now that hollowkatt has clarified a bit, I no longer feel like the roles are all that similar. What I understand of hk's role is not necessarily a town ability. The same can be said of what we know about JPIC's role, unless I'm missing something.
My role isn’t AI.

Could be had by either alignment
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:35 pm
it is very insular, yes. Doesn't impact others, doesn't give me an advantage other than if I'm right I won't be killed. I said already it's great on a townie who's thread camping and super up to date on the winds of the thread etc. Unfortunately I got it instead.
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:31 pm
Hyena wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:13 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:07 pm
Hyena wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:06 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:02 pm
Hyena wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:00 pm @Sloonei Read your wall on Long Con. I'm not gonna quote it because it's too big, but I just figured I'd let you know that I saw it and took note of it.
I would not call it a "wall on Long Con", it was a wall in which Long Con came out looking not great. But then everyone told me he was pseudo-mech cleared immediately after.

Do you have any thoughts on it?
I was actually townreading Long Con. I wasn't ready to get into an argument about why Long Con is town, so I intentionally didn't comment on it. I was happy to see that you concluded that I'm town from it though! But yeah, I didn't really see the same stiffness that you saw in reaction to you being silenced.
Do you have any thoughts, even just generally, about how the mafia team might have reacted to my silencing on Day 2?
I didn't at the time. I just assume that everyone's going to have their own reaction to it regardless of alignment. For example, I laughed when I noticed it if only because I thought I was free from getting pushed on for a while. Other people may be have been confused, but not necessarily -- like, maybe mafia just assumed that we had some sort of silencing role, too? Thus, I don't know if it's a good idea to broadly look for a specific reaction (not saying that you did). You'd have to go though, player by player, to see their individual reaction and judge it based on their specific meta. Does that make any sense?
Yeah, that's mostly what I was doing.

I think the mafia team, generally speaking, would have been more caught off guard by it simply because they were not responsible for it, and I'm not somebody you'd expect to be targeted by an ability like that from anyone who's not on the mafia team. I would expect them to be a little less quick to react to it, and just follow the leads of whatever civilians were around at the time. It's way I think Made looks so good there: he was the first one to really start reflecting on what it meant at the time. I think you look good because your response was so lighthearted. Long Con's response was troubling because he just seemed to not know how to react at all. I noticed a similar response from Nanook later on.
This might be a scenario where timestamps of posts might be useful to look at, particularly around the time when folks started realizing you were silenced. For those that were around at that time, a significant gap/slowdown in posts in someone's ISO during that period, especially if that someone was posting at a faster pace beforehand, might indicate that they were hesitant to react to it? I might go and check for that later when I finally wake myself up more.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

tutuu wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:36 pm jpic is lock town, idk hollowkatt. regardless of hollowkatt's alignment i trust that's his role. i guess its just possible to have a scum role betting against host? but wouldnt be that shocked to see 2 town roles
Why is jpic lock town here?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

Because I am
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 1248
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

last call, any objections to me sleeping over at Wilgy's house and stealing his silverware when he goes to bed?
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

it's in contention for best forum mafia game ever played imo, and i say that without any bias
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Hyena wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:38 pm This might be a scenario where timestamps of posts might be useful to look at, particularly around the time when folks started realizing you were silenced. For those that were around at that time, a significant gap/slowdown in posts in someone's ISO during that period, especially if that someone was posting at a faster pace beforehand, might indicate that they were hesitant to react to it? I might go and check for that later when I finally wake myself up more.
I like this thought. I was reading the thread sequentially during my wall post earlier, and I also have a fairly vivid memory of the moment in real time (I was angry, you see), so I generally remember who was here and who was not, but I didn't really take notice of any trends like this.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

I remember seeing someone mentioning I should seance Falcon to somebody tonight to find out what happened with his death. Is this something you guys still think I should do? I'm down for it if you want.
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

Kylemii wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:41 pm last call, any objections to me sleeping over at Wilgy's house and stealing his silverware when he goes to bed?
Fine by me
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 1030

Post by Dyslexicon »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:12 pm
@Dyslexicon how do you feel about this list below? Others commented on it, mostly in agreement with of course a few quibbles.
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:26 pm 100% mech clear
Jack

Very likely mech clear but okay fine a tiny sliver of doubt could remain
Kyle
Long Con
tutuu

Just…super town
JPIC
Made
Syn

Mech stuff reflects well on them and have handled things in a townie way, but I guess we look here before the above groups?
Tim
Martin
Dizzy

Mostly think they’re okay on their own merits (solving etc) but I guess nothing stops them being a wolf
Michelle
Sloonei
Ted

The rest
TSP
Wilgy
Hollowkatt
Hyena

Let me know if I have any mech conclusions wrong.
This all seems fine to me. I should be at the top of the list though. Don't know if I'd call Made super town tbh, but also sure. I think JPIC was caught pretty easily in Radiohead game, so him being "super town" is probably because he's town, yes? With my quite frankly limited view of the game, this seems pretty good to me. Not surprising, since I'm sponging a lot of reads. =p
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:39 pm
tutuu wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:36 pm jpic is lock town, idk hollowkatt. regardless of hollowkatt's alignment i trust that's his role. i guess its just possible to have a scum role betting against host? but wouldnt be that shocked to see 2 town roles
Why is jpic lock town here?
tutuu says a lot of things I don't pay attention to, this is another one of them.
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 1248
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

and then selling his silverware back to him
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 1057

Post by Syn »

HK's claimed ability is town unless there's as-of-yet unactivated town KP

the only utility for HK's ability is avoiding night kills, and by all accounts there was only one shot for town during the night, and required multi-phase "charging"

if he were a wolf, what would he be betting for each night?

ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I do not dislike the vote on 112 and this feels like the right move for the game at this point, but if we had more than 15 minutes left in the day, I'd be trying to drum up support for a hollowkatt wagon tomorrow.

For Day 5, regardless of 112's flip.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 684
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Hyena wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:41 pm I remember seeing someone mentioning I should seance Falcon to somebody tonight to find out what happened with his death. Is this something you guys still think I should do? I'm down for it if you want.
I think you should. We can maybe figure out if there was or wasn't a nightkill by the mafia on the night he died.
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Hyena wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:41 pm I remember seeing someone mentioning I should seance Falcon to somebody tonight to find out what happened with his death. Is this something you guys still think I should do? I'm down for it if you want.
yes

or nutella, since she's following the thread, and we're getting thirdhand info about her from Tim through Mac

ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 1030

Post by Dyslexicon »

I need to sleep. Good night, everyone.

Sorry again for being lacklustre this game. Hope 112 is another hit.
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Syn wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:43 pm HK's claimed ability is town unless there's as-of-yet unactivated town KP

the only utility for HK's ability is avoiding night kills, and by all accounts there was only one shot for town during the night, and required multi-phase "charging"

:phew:
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Long Con wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:44 pm
I think you should. We can maybe figure out if there was or wasn't a nightkill by the mafia on the night he died.
how would falcon know this

ImageImageImageImage
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

I think nutella over falcon imo @Hyena
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Syn wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:44 pm
yes

or nutella, since she's following the thread, and we're getting thirdhand info about her from Tim through Mac
probably a good call yeah
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Syn wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:43 pm HK's claimed ability is town unless there's as-of-yet unactivated town KP

Tim is a vigilante, there could be more non-mafia killing powers floating around as well. We simply don't know. But the operative phrase here is "claimed ability" anyway. There could easily be more to that role.

of course this true of most claims.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:45 pm I need to sleep. Good night, everyone.

im not :)
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:46 pm

Tim is a vigilante, there could be more non-mafia killing powers floating around as well. We simply don't know. But the operative phrase here is "claimed ability" anyway. There could easily be more to that role.

ye

possible is that HK isn't betting for avoiding kills, but is betting for avoiding checks and such

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Syn wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:47 pm

ye

possible is that HK isn't betting for avoiding kills, but is betting for avoiding checks and such
he was careful with saying "bad things," which investigatives certainly count as if you're woofin'

ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

112 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:46 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:45 pm I need to sleep. Good night, everyone.

gth, who are the big bad wolves?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ye

he was careful with saying "bad things," which investigatives certainly count as if you're woofin'
Yup. Investigations, role blocks, kills, vote manipulation, etc.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

112 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:46 pm

but what if you are?
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

ye

would it ease your mind if I bet on Tim like twice?
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

ye

I'm paraphrasing from the text. I'm reasonably certain you can get to what it really says if you try though
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Long Con wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:44 pm I think you should. We can maybe figure out if there was or wasn't a nightkill by the mafia on the night he died.
Syn wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:44 pm yes

Justplayingitcool wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:46 pm I think nutella over falcon imo @Hyena
hollowkatt wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:46 pm
Syn wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:44 pm
yes

probably a good call yeah
Alright. I'll think things through and make a call tomorrow after rereading some stuff. Fortunately, I don't think I'm limited with regard to who or when I can seance, so theoretically, I could bring one in tomorrow, and the other the next day if needed. But yeah, I'll think things over.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”