44%

Total votes: 18
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 228
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Re: Overtime Mafia [Day 3]

Post by Esooa »

it exists to show that Alison and I aren't difference checked and Alisons play is plain and simply either scum motivated or completely awful
Spoiler: show
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 121
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

esooa, we're always yeeting alison if marmot isn't it.

and I agree with you, plenty of people sided hard with scum this game, doesn't make them wolves tho

you have to understand that if me and siggie are town, then this day or tomorrow we're gonna have a confirmed wolf flip.
ImageImageImageImage
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 229
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Esooa wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:07 am I'm not ever reconsidering voting you because in the world you are "town" you made this game have 4 mafia because you think an entry post you don't like is enough of a reason to suicide bomb someone
Good for you. And in the world you're town you can blame the loss on me and LC. I'm not afraid to be wrong. I've been wrong - even terribly wrong, game losingly wrong - before. It won't deter me from taking an action I think has a high percent chance of winning the game just because it looks embarassing in the low percent chance that I throw it. That's not how I play games; I play games based on what I think is correct and has the highest chance of winning, not based on what saves me the most face postgame. I think playing based on what saves you face postgame is actually a super toxic and awful way of playing games, and I strive to make my play as correct and optimal as possible.

So yeah, after reviewing a list of my options, seeing what people are more likely to adhere to/agree on, and seeing which has the highest possibility of flipping a scum, I'm going with this one. The last time someone said this to me it was in Grasslands, where I thunderdomed Sloonei very confidently, and was told that I should not have that much confidence he would flip scum because if he was T and I was T, town would lose the game on the spot. I gave the same response there as I'll give to you now, which is that I play the game the way I believe to be correct and I won't have any regrets no matter what the outcome comes out as, because I made the move I knew was the best and had the highest probability of winning at the time. (Sloonei was scum in that game, for the record.)
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Esooa wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:12 am it exists to show that Alison and I aren't difference checked and Alisons play is plain and simply either scum motivated or completely awful
nonono. We're past that now. If you're going to shove me all the way to being forced to suicide bomb myself to prove that my reads are legitimate, you don't get to start arguing that there isn't a difference check after I flip town.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

ok dude whatever the fact no one gives a fuck about how bad Alisons tunnel is and somehow thinks I'm not town because she incessantly posts about makes me never want to play this again so I'm just going to say:

The change that the mod made because of the mistake in day 1 vote counting and didn't mention was to demote me from a medic to a VT, patently awaiting my mod kill I'm gonna go
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Alison

Post by Alison »

what
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 237

Post by tutuu »

oh boy
Alison

Post by Alison »

That is incredibly unethical no matter what alignment you are, what the hell is wrong with you

Being frustrated at a game is one thing, but you've taken it to the extent of actually ruining it
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

change of plans?

[VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine
Alison

Post by Alison »

I don't know if that angleshoot is real or fake (probably real given context) but the fact that Esooa just tried to angleshoot herself a certain alignment ruins the integrity of an already-damaged game to the point that I think the mod just has to call it.

I'm town, in case it wasn't clear.
Alison

Post by Alison »

tutuu wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:20 am change of plans?

[VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine
I don't want to. If that angleshoot is fake and we fall for it that's awful, if that angleshoot is real, I don't want to win off that shit since I think it's actually cheating and the game integrity was already fucked.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

idrc I'm not playing in this site anymore this was the most frustrating game I've ever been a part of
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

my intention is to get mod killed not angle shoot
Alison

Post by Alison »

Like if Esooa is actually town here then we almost certainly would have lost since I died telling townies to kill her, and we all agreed on a plan to exe her after I died.

So.

It would be pretty unfair to Wilgy and whoever his teammate is (or I guess tutuu if she's a mafia genius and is actually the scum) to deny them the win based off someone using knowledge they aren't allowed to disclose, that should never have happened in the first place and only happened because of host error. Like that's not even a win, it would leave a bad taste in my mouth to win because someone cheated, knowing I "should" have lost under normal circumstances.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

esooa town means ted and sig are also lock town

so wilgy + marmot or wilgy + alison
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

yea imma wait to see what the response is

peace
Alison

Post by Alison »

Esooa wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:22 am my intention is to get mod killed not angle shoot
You're part of a 3-way claim situation, you getting modkilled gives town information they aren't permitted to have early, and responses to what you just said can spew people alignments as well, when they would never have been spewed if you hadn't said it.

If you got tunnelled and lost, ok, I'll apologize to you postgame. I've been tunnelled before, I didn't like it, but we shake hands and say "fair enough" and compliment the mafia on setting townies on each other so effectively after the game. I've played mafia for 10 years and that's happened to me countless times. Sometimes it's my fault, sometimes it's other people's fault. But after the game the frustration goes away and we go next. What you've done is screw the game integrity beyond reckoning because you didn't like that you were going to lose.

Even if the host doesn't call the game or end it at this point, if we win due to this it'll feel like the mafia got robbed and it wasn't a real win. If we lose due to this, we'll be wondering if we could have won without what you said. The mafia probably feel even worse, because now they're totally denied the ability to get a "fair" win, when they were pretty favored beforehand. I know you're new to mafia so you don't understand how much it ruins the game but it's better to accept a loss, even a frustrating/embarassing loss, than to ruin the game for everyone else.
Alison

Post by Alison »

tutuu wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:23 am esooa town means ted and sig are also lock town

I'm not town. No reason to lie now, game will be called. Even the most newbie host would see that there's no repairing the gamestate.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Alison wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:27 am
tutuu wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:23 am esooa town means ted and sig are also lock town

I'm not town. No reason to lie now, game will be called. Even the most newbie host would see that there's no repairing the gamestate.
I'm town**
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

alison you tunneled me for literally no reason, you had zero valid reasons to think I was scum and you literally insist from you're first post of the game that you want me dead
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

I've literally never had a less enjoyable experience and I've been tunneled before, I'm giving up on trying or playing on this site so whatever my bad for saying a single thing you didn't like at the start of the game
Alison

Post by Alison »

Esooa wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:29 am alison you tunneled me for literally no reason, you had zero valid reasons to think I was scum and you literally insist from you're first post of the game that you want me dead
Yes. I do that sometimes. Most of the time I'm correct; evidently I was wrong in this case.

Doesn't matter. Even if I was wrong every single time and the worst player on earth, that doesn't justify cheating and gameruining because you can't just accept your loss and go next. Like that is horrific sportsmanship.

If you don't want to be suspected of being mafia, don't play mafia. Playing mafia means you accept you're going to be tunnelled, and let's face it, you suspected and pushed me too. I don't complain that you wrongly thought I was scum. I know it's part of the game. Even if I was the worst, wrongest player on planet earth it doesn't justify what you did, which was to ruin the game for everyone else because you didn't like the way it played out.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Like I don't know how to explain this to you but this reflects really poorly on your character if you'd rather ruin the entire game than just accept that you're going to lose to other townies having bad reads sometimes. Seriously, what the fuck.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Alison I knew you were town look at my posts before I said that but you scum sided harder than I've ever seen before and literally would not give up
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

ohboay

sick games
ImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

idc if it reflects poorly on my character I'll just never talk to anyone here ever again and just go fuck myself or something cause I can't handle the stress from it so whatever call me a bad person I don't care
Alison

Post by Alison »

Esooa wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:33 am Alison I knew you were town look at my posts before I said that but you scum sided harder than I've ever seen before and literally would not give up
And this gives you the right to fuck up the game for everyone else, because you think I'm playing poorly? To blatantly cheat and give out information the host sent you in private, that someone has already been modkilled for even indirectly referring to?

I mean, if you want to eviscerate my play, go ahead. I was wrong about you. But it doesn't give you the right to do what you did. I'm not talking to you as a mafia player, I'm talking to you as a person. Whoever is on the mafia team, you've just ruined their ability to get a clean, fair win. Why are you punishing them because you're upset that I'm tunnelling you?
Alison

Post by Alison »

tedxtr wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:33 am ohboay

sick games
So did you outplay us?
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

nah, still a villager

although i wish i weren't
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

to be fair, I do have some words myself

but this should be post-game stuff, so gonna wait for thread health
ImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

tedxtr wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:36 am nah, still a villager

although i wish i weren't
Glad I got there on you at least. Probably just Wilgy/Marmot or Wilgy/Sig then. I'm impressed with whichever of tutuu/Wilgy is the mafia because tutuu handled LC's claim in a townie way and Wilgy had the foresight to fake a breadcrumb + the guts to claim and fight the doctors rather than just lie back and try to squirm through the POE. If it's tutuu I'll be very very impressed and give her lots of headpats for having such great mafia play!
Alison

Post by Alison »

tedxtr wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:37 am to be fair, I do have some words myself

but this should be post-game stuff, so gonna wait for thread health
Yeah that's fair.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

now this game is straight up unwinnable

having to figure out which one of tutuu / wilgy is the scum is gonna be one of the harder things i've encountered

probably gonna vote for tutuu and not care too much, really hard to care even a little bit
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

man whenever we're close to autoing, things like fake claims and modkills happen

do I even have a team, is this april's fools
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

gonna stick to the marmot vote either way

laterz, am expecting game to end here because at this point it's not even a game anymore

idk wat it is
ImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

The really sad part is that this isn't even the first doctor getting themselves modkilled out of tilt at being suspected by town after a mafia member successfully faked being doctor and counterclaimed them in endgame I've heard of this year. Thank god I wasn't a part of that second one, but I heard about it.
Alison

Post by Alison »

tedxtr wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:48 am gonna stick to the marmot vote either way

laterz, am expecting game to end here because at this point it's not even a game anymore

idk wat it is
Yeah I've asked for the host to intervene, too many people have been spewed off this and it's not fair to the mafia even if the game continues and we win.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

I didn't do what I did cause I'm annoyed at you specifically or anything it just has felt like literally no one has cared what I've had to say and I literally have never been more stressed and anxious because of a game and I couldn't play it any more, I'm never going to convince town not to kill me after you flip town but I literally couldn't handle just trying to get you killed with the stress of you probably being town and I couldn't just step away so my bad
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

obviously I just can't play this game so I'm not going to be anymore
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

I've been saying since day 2 or something I'm gonna be really sad if you're actually town and maybe it was my bad to push a lynch on you but I didn't see a way to do it otherwise so whatever
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Alison wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:49 am The really sad part is that this isn't even the first doctor getting themselves modkilled out of tilt at being suspected by town after a mafia member successfully faked being doctor and counterclaimed them in endgame I've heard of this year. Thank god I wasn't a part of that second one, but I heard about it.
I had a vanilla townie fake claim doctor in a game I was playing, then getting the real doctor to counter-claim, because he was convinced he was so good at scumhunting that his life was more valuable than the doctor's.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:03 am
Alison wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:49 am The really sad part is that this isn't even the first doctor getting themselves modkilled out of tilt at being suspected by town after a mafia member successfully faked being doctor and counterclaimed them in endgame I've heard of this year. Thank god I wasn't a part of that second one, but I heard about it.
I had a vanilla townie fake claim doctor in a game I was playing, then getting the real doctor to counter-claim, because he was convinced he was so good at scumhunting that his life was more valuable than the doctor's.
sentence doesn't really make sense to me
Alison

Post by Alison »

Esooa - I would've apologized to you for misreading + pushing you if the game had ended normally. But the way it's ended up has left a sour taste in mine - and I think everyone's - mouth. If you wanna play mafia you have to learn that being on either end of a disastrously wrong tunnel is gonna happen sooner or later and you need to learn to deal with that. I don't think you have to leave the Syndicate or anything and I'm willing to forgive and forget if you promise not to do it again, I just don't want you to do stuff like this any more.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

wat
ImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

tedxtr wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:12 am
wat
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

this thread had about the most nonsensical posts in 2 years of gameplay combined

i really hope those posts were coming from wolves so i'll be a little less pissed off after the reveal tho
ImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

forgot you're too young to know oblivion

ur this smol puppy with birty blonde hair

tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

tutuu wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:17 am forgot you're too young to know oblivion
nah I once saw a video about the NPCs being utterly useless and making bad conversation or something dunno
ImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

tedxtr wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:19 am
tutuu wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:17 am forgot you're too young to know oblivion
nah I once saw a video about the NPCs being utterly useless and making bad conversation or something dunno

Return to “Previous Rackets”