57%

Total votes: 7
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 167
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Re: Kid's Birthday Party Mafia Day 2

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Marmot wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:17 am I'll just assume you meant sparkles.

Nanoook probably hadn't read it
No I read it. And you. I don't have you cleared 🤷‍♀️
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 143
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:34 pm For anyone to answer:

Why is Nanook town?
He popped in during a point in time where it was theoretically possible for the D1 exe to switch from Sparkles to lucy in order to say that he thinks lucy's meta matches up with her claims. If the team is Sparkles/Nanook, I would think that he would be more likely to leave lucy on the table as a possible misexe.

He also committed to voting whoever Wilgy voted fairly early on in the day. If the team is Sparkles/Nanook, Nanook is giving up a mafia vote in order to make a strong consensus town a doublevoter. That would be quite damaging to his team.

These are my reasons for townreading Nanook. They are not as strong as my reasons for the others, and so I have him as my top suspect if my immediate POE (lucy and then you) doesn't end the game.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.

Alison and Lucy can both easily fit in the poe. It's fine. This is a pointless argument.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

I am comfortable being in the POE as long as my suspects are too.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 201
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:47 pm Alison and Lucy can both easily fit in the poe. It's fine. This is a pointless argument.
Agreed

I'm not quite ready to add Jay to the POE

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 144

Post by falcon45ca »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:37 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:20 am [VOTE: Jx3] aubergine
what’s happening, falco
Hey, not much, you?
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage

Marmot wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:50 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:47 pm Alison and Lucy can both easily fit in the poe. It's fine. This is a pointless argument.
Agreed

Why would you?
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 296
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

There are a few moments of interest in Sparkles' posts about Alison I want to bring up:

MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:46 pm I’m gonna give Alison and Falcon town leans and call it a day on this opening

This was the first thing Sparkles posted that triggered my suspicions, as it's a pretty classic tell that I've encountered many times over the last decade --> mafia enters a thread, sees two townies filling thread space with hand-to-hand combat, and high-roads the fight by dismissing both as town reads. This doesn't have to imply that both Alison and falcon are town, but that would be my first guess if I am looking at only this post in a vacuum. That would represent a fundamental mistake on Sparkles' part, and I think it's plausible enough that Sparkles would have made that mistake.

MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:08 pm
Alison wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:06 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:04 pm
Alison wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:00 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:57 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:54 pm Have you ever changed your avi before? I feel like it’s always the same aesthetic with u and that makes me a sad panda. 🐼 😢

I skipped and read the latest page and deduced both of my reads on you on posts I’ve seen from this page aka recent developments.

So like I felt like u saying “u bamboozled her” as mafia before and simultaneously calling her town was a good look and not something I’d see mafia doing, I like your tone and responses towards her and they felt towny in nature.

Alison’s being super aggressive and yea ok could be a wolf in power, but this early in the phase and this vocal more often than not comes from a towny imo
What experience do you have playing with falcon and Alison?
More than enough to know playing aggressively is completely NAI for me. :smoky:
I mean the last time I saw you open this aggressively you caught mafia as the sk, and the play your doing itself is towny so LOL. So aggressively confident Alison this early has never been mafia for me, so eh not sure why you think this when I’ve never seem your openings as scum too compare
"Alison seems very similar to the time she was the SK... better town clear her"?

That read makes no sense. It reeks of TMI. If anything you should be more suspicious of me.

[VOTE: Sparkles] aubergine
A SK doesn’t have TMI, lol are u serious rn.

This entire exchange says a lot to me. Consider the direction of the read on both sides of the coin here. Sparkles has opened with a town read of Alison, so if they're teammates she hadn't opted for distancing as her opening move. She sustained that into this dialogue with the orange bit, and only later turned against Alison (see next post). Sparkles had town read Alison, and it led to this conflict with Alison voting Sparkles because of that town read. That doesn't strike me as coordinated. I also griped with the green bit later, just as a comment that looks bad at face value, and it extends the prior point. This is basically a textbook example of "caught for the wrong reasons", and when that shows up, in my experience tends to be directed by mafia at town.

MissSparkles wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:43 pm [VOTE: Alison] aubergine

Gonna follow my strongest townread. Im gonna iso Alison next i think.

When Sparkles turned against Alison, I think it would be fair to say that she did so only on the heels of other players (by explicitly assigning them credit). Here's an example with Marmot, and the quote above is another with Sabiplz. If Alison is mafia, these engagements by Sparkles with her have already been drained of much of their distancing power -- because that credit is being handed to other people. Indeed, Sparkles is giving the responsibility to other people. That was especially apparent in her dialogue with Sabiplz.

These would be town indicators for Alison.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@Sabiplz thoughts appreciated
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Sabiplz
<3
Posts in topic: 333
Preferred Pronouns: They them
Aka: Kuti

Post by Sabiplz »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:06 pm @Sabiplz thoughts appreciated
Points were made but then Alison eod stuff...
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sabiplz wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:09 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:06 pm @Sabiplz thoughts appreciated
Points were made but then Alison eod stuff...
Could you summarize your eod gripes for me, or otherwise point me to anywhere you've already stated them? I'm still digging in isos.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Re: Kid's Birthday Party Mafia Day 1

Post by Marmot »

Ok, I'll take some time to towncase Jay, or at least defend why his approach to Sparkles probably comes from town.

Jay first looked at Sparkles before she was ever really a wagon. The following post came before Sparkles had any votes.

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:18 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:08 pm A SK doesn’t have TMI, lol are u serious rn.
not thrilled with the material following the comma

I voted directly after this post from Jay, albeit from something else that I noticed from Sparkles.

Jay then progresses with the following series of posts, including listing Sparkles as his top scumread.

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:22 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:20 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:18 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:08 pm A SK doesn’t have TMI, lol are u serious rn.
not thrilled with the material following the comma
Why? It’s kinda weird to think as SK you’d play the same as a mafisoso who knows who’s mafia
I don't think your base reasoning is wrong. A serial killer is uninformed and mafia are informed. Sure, okay. "lol are u serious rn" implies a degree of total absurdity though, as if it's ridiculous to wonder why SK meta is being used for a town read.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:21 pm Basic sort:

[town read]
DrWilgy
Sabiplz
Marmot

[town lean]
Alison
falconf5ca

---POE---

Esooa
outed wolf
Nanook
lucy
MissSparkles

Sparkles had one vote at this time (from me, an unexplained one), so Sparkles was not yet under any real pressure. Jay, as Sparkles' partner, is likely not looking to put a heavy-handed attempt at distancing with her. Jay is the last person you want to win as lone wolf in F3, because he will always die before that as town.

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:24 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:42 pm When is a manipulative Sparkles just and only a scum Sparkles, when youre good at the manipulation game dont you think id use it as both alignments, have you never seen me manipulate as town before really, its my claim to fame.

Votine me over Alison for this in your POV doesnèt feel very kosher, maybe im onto something.

[VOTE: Marmy] aubergine
To ensure I understand: does this imply that Marmot's assertion that you were being manipulative was accurate? Alignment aside.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:51 pm Not gonna be here much for the time being. Dissertation is priority.

[VOTE: Sparkles] aubergine
Eventually we see a vote from Jay. This comes after I make my initial suspicion, and OW places a vote, so this is the third vote on Sparkles. I don't recall the wagon composition at the time, but this likely helps put Sparkles in real contention as a wagon.

It's a very reasonable progression imo, and again, it's proactive enough that it probably comes from town.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:04 pm
Marmot wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:50 pm
Agreed

Why would you?
That was more of a broad comment to the players voicing suspicion of Jay, namely falcon and lucy.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

When I look at Alison/Sparkles from Alison's side, I don't see anything that stands out as significant to change my view. Alison is competent as a mafioso distancing from teammates, and I don't fault folks for exploring that avenue -- but I don't see anything that says that's the theory I should favor at this point. She essentially reduced Day 1 to two candidates, lucy and Sparkles (an arrangement I found pretty agreeable), jockeyed her vote between them, and one of them was chopped and flipped mafia.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

My POE is trending towards just lucy.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dumbest read in the thread: Sparkles calling Marmot "Marmy" was a pocket

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:22 pm Dumbest read in the thread: Sparkles calling Marmot "Marmy" was a pocket

She's called me Marmy for ages, from discord games, PerC games, Town of Salem, etc

But you can consider her treatment of my otherwise as OMGUS followed by pocketing.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

If you say so, Marmy. :smile:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Kid's Birthday Party Mafia Day 1

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:17 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:12 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:54 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:47 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:30 pm Sup? Page 1 was a bore to read, I quit smoking yesterday because I have zero monies and we’ll oof I feel awful rn fam.
Check out the following pages, it gets pretty kray kray
Have you ever changed your avi before? I feel like it’s always the same aesthetic with u and that makes me a sad panda. 🐼 😢

I skipped and read the latest page and deduced both of my reads on you on posts I’ve seen from this page aka recent developments.

So like I felt like u saying “u bamboozled her” as mafia before and simultaneously calling her town was a good look and not something I’d see mafia doing, I like your tone and responses towards her and they felt towny in nature.

Alison’s being super aggressive and yea ok could be a wolf in power, but this early in the phase and this vocal more often than not comes from a towny imo
Alright, but is Alison's assertion within a realm of reality or are you taking tone, thinking a W wouldn't do that and moving on?
Her quick vote switch to me states that moving on and not caring about what she “had” on Falcon was probably for the best yo. I don’t give dolphins for people’s “it’s falcon” i’m sire of it withon the first 5 pages. Idc who u are. Especially not after switching too someone else the very next page.

It was a move designed to cast the tide, draw lines in the sandbox, and well I think that’s towny; sue me.
MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:03 pm Fair take on Jay + Marmot.

I was mostly talking about Alison re: the ego thing, about why itès important re: wilgy and why this is even a thing but then lucy in the sky with diamonds said stress test and im like ok yeah can kinda see that i guess.

These were Sparkles' only instances of acknowledging that DrWilgy exists. Not much there.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:16 am
MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:42 pm
Marmot wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:12 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:05 pm im slightly upset than that marmot is wasting his vote on me rn rather than voting Alison, i found it odd he isnt, maybe he doesnt want too eliminate a possible pairing early aka him and alison early on as scum which would be smart and kinda explains the vote on me more.
This is actually why im voting you lol, expressing sadness to get others to do a thing you want them to do.

You did the same thing when you expressed sadness to falcon because he hasn't changed his pfp.

You also did it when you used sad panda emotes to get nook to work with you

It's a form of AtE that is perfectly acceptable, but imo manipulative.
When is a manipulative Sparkles just and only a scum Sparkles, when youre good at the manipulation game dont you think id use it as both alignments, have you never seen me manipulate as town before really, its my claim to fame.

Votine me over Alison for this in your POV doesnèt feel very kosher, maybe im onto something.

This doesn't make sense to me.

AtE in the method that Marmot detailed seems like it would be AI and would warrant Marmot's suspicion. None of the examples provided at least are using AtE in a means that would tie you to another player or indicate solving.
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:37 am
Esooa wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:38 pm I think everyones hould stop posting
This is a meme ass post and I like it. Nai but I like it. Not even sure if the contextual humor between the lucy/falc post count thing was intended or not, but that's how I read it.

Suppose I can use this moment to put reads as of this post in the thread:
Still thinking:
JJJ
MARM
SABI
FALC
ALISON

are town or pro town enough to not put in PoE.

NOOK will just inevitably need to be clipped if he doesn't stop shitposting.

Lucy's feeling off, like yes I get Lucy's relatively soft d1 meta, but something is off from the get go and idk how to describe it.

Esooa is null
OA is null

Sparkles is w lean
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:39 pm Alright, I'm caught up now.

Esooa can have a town lean. Sparkles/Lucy slots in the current to yeet.
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:21 pm I really want to yeet Lucy in spite of it being suboptimal just because my W lean is growing.

I think optimal yeets are OW or Sparkles as it stands.

And I say optimal in the fact that Sabi seems to be shielding Lucy rather hard. Can Sabi/Lucy be W/W? Yes, DO I think W in Sabi, not really? Is Sabi likely just correct on the Lucy thing? Sabi likely knows better than I.
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:21 pm Meh, [VOTE: Sparklyparklybark] aubergine
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:18 pm Actually [VOTE: OW] aubergine.

If you want me to read more than tea leaves, you should at least provide a half soggy toilet paper roll with hieroglyphs on it.
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:45 pm Food for thought.

What is Sparkler's game plan voting Alison? If it's a lost cause vote, is the teammate bussing? Does W Sparkler think an Alison yeet actually happens and saves them?

I think I have like 30 posts left after this one for the rest of the game. So please digest and regurgitate. If there's more banter I'll try to keep it to big responses.

Wilgy's progression on Sparkles is similar to Alison's, though perhaps with a messier finish. He didn't say much about Sparkles until the latter half of Day 1, but when he did it was distinctly negative (see the first two posts in there and the lone orange read. He ended up with lucy and Alison as the candidates as well, briefly, before adding outed wolf into the equation. He ended up voting outed wolf, and left with a soft defense of Sparkles in green. That doesn't have to be the end of the world, but it is something that Wilgy should talk about.

@DrWilgy, why was outed wolf the choice for you in the end, rather than lucy or Sparkles or otherwise?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Alison

Post by Alison »

So Jay is town.

Which means the mafia is just lucy and maybe Nanook.

But it's really just lucy.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Ehhh he kinda has to clear me if he's mafia doesn't he.

But he also kinda can't. The POE is way too tight for him to be coming in townreading fringe members of the POE like me.

He does choose to throw more sus on Wilgy than most people... but if his idea was just to open the POE, why pick Wilgy to go after instead of me?
Alison

Post by Alison »

Why did you choose Wilgy to examine Jay?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Alison wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:43 pm Why did you choose Wilgy to examine Jay?
Alphabetical order. I'm looking at Esooa currently.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think Wilgy looks town at face value and have much of the game. It's necessary though to interpret interactions with mafia responsibly, regardless of preconception. I'll see what Wilgy has to say.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 207

Post by robyn »

i wish to renounce alison from the church, plus sabi if you turbo alison u throw
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:20 pm
Esooa wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:36 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:26 pm I also was just genuinely sad Nook no sold me when we we’re both here, but I can’t express emotion without it being labeled as manipulative AtE apparently
this is manipulative ate

No u.

@lucy that’s cutee, buddy attempt accepted for now, who do u wanna vote for are voting for and why

That's it from Sparkles on Esooa.

Esooa wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:05 pm
Alison wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:04 pm My top suspects are Marmot and Sparkles. Everyone else is various shades of null to town right now.

I don't think lucy's opening is AI for her. I would like to see the promised thoughts as it has been 5 hours. @lucy
why sparkles
Esooa wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:48 pm Don't know how to read sparkles so I'll just sheep
Esooa wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:43 am she's only that loud about it cause of all the things I posted and such lol

Tho saying she was going to give reads and then coming and not is a thing at least

also don't really feel like Sparkles is that scummy but she could a wolf. I guess this post is useless but I was thinking she was kinda towny until I realized that might make her a wolf cause when I played with her before my thoughts were anything but "pretty forgettable, a little towny ig" so there's that
Esooa wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:49 am
outed wolf wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:33 am Thinking on it, I feel less concerned about Alison's posts around Lucy, because the fact she ain't voted and is refusing to play D1 is really beginning to grate on me.

I'd give myself good odds of voting her some tomorrow out of spite.

You sign up, you play the damn game. That means you vote, make reads, whatever.

As we lurch towards a damp squib EOD killing the person I suspect, the doubts have begun to creep in (few defenders, could be misreading, wolves taking an easy D1). But the days are short and this is what we have to work with. Not like many of the counter votes are agreeable.

Hope I'm right!
Why does you beginning to be more/less grated by Lucy make Alison's posts more towny? I don't really get it

Also, I've thought about the few defenders thing a bit irt maybe not Lucy, maybe not Sparkles, but really if they're a wolf then they have 1 partner who may defend them and it's just not really going to sway me thinking about it like that.

Can you talk a bit more about why you think Sparkles is wolfy? Tbh, none of their content in particular I've had an issue with. I know you gave general reasons earlier but when I read them I didn't really get anything out of it, didn't connect it to their posts I guess. But the biggest problem I could say I have with Sparkles right now is when I've played with them as town before, they've really annoyed me by doing very vocal and very wack pushes, but their reads this game seemed a fair bit more reserved and sensible even under pressure.

I was thinking Nanook could be her partner just cause he hasn't really done anything. His post saying that someone reads list was 'really boring' kinda stuck out to me in a time where I was wondering who's actually defending Lucy/Sparkles/etc and... well, in a world Nanook+1 of them is a wolf, it certainly is boring, and that certainly would be a way to at least try and get an edge in against it. But I mean, it's also kinda true it's boring and I've had thoughts like that as town so I didn't wanna push it or think of it so much as wolfy. Still is a thing though.

Since I'm typing, personally I think Alison's pushes have all made sense coming from her, and the way she's moved off things she's been pushing prior is actually good imo, contrary to what I've read a few times in thread. She's giving thoughts, realizing they're not valid because of something or changing her mind on the read, and changing pretty readily. I don't really see her pushing the envelope on anything or stretching reasoning for her thoughts at all, so I have no issue with it and think she's probably town for it. I haven't really been paying as much attention as I should be to say she's 100% town but I'm confident enough in it.

As for Wilgy I agree with what JJJ and some others has said. He's active, he's contributing, and realistically it probably means he's town. But it's a read I'd be willing to budge on. I think outside of just posting a lot though, he's had good curiosity in some things

One thing that's interesting though, mentioning JJJ, is while I think he's done a lot of things that I agree with/same kinda end point as me, I don't really find him towny at all. I don't know why, maybe I just don't know how to read him or have poor expectations, and I think very possibly so, but I just don't really care that much about anything he's said since early day 1. I haven't really felt like he's pushed the game along that much in a positive direction save for some unique thoughts early day 1 (when I'd value it the least), saying that I guess the game hasn't really felt like it's moved at all to me today so that could be a point against the idea, but still. I'm just not feeling it irt him.

Falcon is a read I could explain if I really wanted to, but I don't really. He's just Falcon. Every game I've ever seen him in people always go ??? at things he says, and sometimes if they don't know him too well they push him for it, but at the end of the day people like Alison and myself are right on him almost all the time. I've had a few games where he slips by a bit longer as a wolf, and I think once every I ML'd him while he wasn't doing that much compared to his normal games (could be remembering wrong), but this game in particular I think he's being especially town-falcon-y with his really weird logic that he obviously believes in. Things like earlier when he wolf read someone for mentioning post cap as a way to make there be less posts, really weird logic imo, but then a bit after I posted "I think everyone should stop posting" and he said it was wolfy and put me in his wolf reads. That's the kinda thing you just see from town Falcon every game and he's been executing on it like expected.

I can't remember other names right now and I've typed enough
Esooa wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:32 am Didn't really understand Nanook's read on me for a little bit of calling me obvious town. But I've thought about it more now and think I know his reasoning, and I think he's towny for it.

Thinking maybe Outed wolf/JJJ wolves, cause why not. Not feeling great on Sparkles despite what I've said, but realistically I'm fine with Lucy or Sparkles dying

And I just remembered day ends in 28 minutes, so I guess I have to be
Esooa wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:34 am
Esooa wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:32 am Didn't really understand Nanook's read on me for a little bit of calling me obvious town. But I've thought about it more now and think I know his reasoning, and I think he's towny for it.

Thinking maybe Outed wolf/JJJ wolves, cause why not. Not feeling great on Sparkles despite what I've said, but realistically I'm fine with Lucy or Sparkles dying

Not feeling great on the Sparkles exe, is what I mean here
Esooa wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:38 am I was perfectly content sitting on my Nanook vanity wagon while I town read him and just watching Sparkles flip

But now I'm anxious but I don't know if I should go with my meager OW read or leave Sparkles where she is

From Esooa's side, we're given a bunch of opportunities to make judgment calls. If Esooa is Sparkles' teammate, I don't think we can call this material "distancing", and maybe not even "bussing" unless that word means "place a vote for your teammate" and nothing more. Esooa's treatment of Sparkles kind of falls on the third corner of the triangle that has formed in my head of players with similar world views and very different products reflecting their world views: Alison, Wilgy, and Esooa. All three said in some form that they were cool with the lucy/Sparkles POE, and Esooa was the one to place the actual Sparkles vote. That vote came with little verbal weight, however, given that it was a shrugging sheep and followed by commentary that could move late wagons elsewhere.

So that's the judgment call. Is this Esooa genuinely shrugging her way uneasily into the correct Sparkles chop, or is it some combination of feeble distancing and effort to move other votes? With a gun to my head I favor the former. Esooa, even in this lower activity body, is not a player I would describe as "feeble". If she is going to distance or bus, she probably just does it? All the way? It's not a crime to be unsure about a Day 1 chop. I welcome discussion on this one, because it's not my most confident read.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Alison

Post by Alison »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:43 pm
Alison wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:43 pm Why did you choose Wilgy to examine Jay?
Alphabetical order. I'm looking at Esooa currently.
Oh, good point. Didn't realize. I keep thinking Wilgy starts with W, not D.
Alison

Post by Alison »

lucy wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:52 pm i wish to renounce alison from the church, plus sabi if you turbo alison u throw
What exactly about Esooa's thought process is off?

This is the second time I am asking you this question. Esooa is your top suspect and you are allegedly very worried that town will throw the game. If you care enough to beg me not to vote you, or beg Sabi not to vote me, you should care enough to at least give a brief summary of why your top suspect is your top suspect.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Alison wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:09 pm
lucy wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:52 pm i wish to renounce alison from the church, plus sabi if you turbo alison u throw
What exactly about Esooa's thought process is off?

This is the second time I am asking you this question. Esooa is your top suspect and you are allegedly very worried that town will throw the game. If you care enough to beg me not to vote you, or beg Sabi not to vote me, you should care enough to at least give a brief summary of why your top suspect is your top suspect.
girlboss
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

u have to find the reasons yourself bucko
Alison

Post by Alison »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:01 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:26 pm I also was just genuinely sad Nook no sold me when we we’re both here, but I can’t express emotion without it being labeled as manipulative AtE apparently
this is manipulative ate

No u.

@lucy that’s cutee, buddy attempt accepted for now, who do u wanna vote for are voting for and why

That's it from Sparkles on Esooa.

Esooa wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:05 pm
Alison wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:04 pm My top suspects are Marmot and Sparkles. Everyone else is various shades of null to town right now.

I don't think lucy's opening is AI for her. I would like to see the promised thoughts as it has been 5 hours. @lucy
why sparkles
Esooa wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:48 pm Don't know how to read sparkles so I'll just sheep
Esooa wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:43 am she's only that loud about it cause of all the things I posted and such lol

Tho saying she was going to give reads and then coming and not is a thing at least

also don't really feel like Sparkles is that scummy but she could a wolf. I guess this post is useless but I was thinking she was kinda towny until I realized that might make her a wolf cause when I played with her before my thoughts were anything but "pretty forgettable, a little towny ig" so there's that
Esooa wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:49 am
outed wolf wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:33 am Thinking on it, I feel less concerned about Alison's posts around Lucy, because the fact she ain't voted and is refusing to play D1 is really beginning to grate on me.

I'd give myself good odds of voting her some tomorrow out of spite.

You sign up, you play the damn game. That means you vote, make reads, whatever.

As we lurch towards a damp squib EOD killing the person I suspect, the doubts have begun to creep in (few defenders, could be misreading, wolves taking an easy D1). But the days are short and this is what we have to work with. Not like many of the counter votes are agreeable.

Hope I'm right!
Why does you beginning to be more/less grated by Lucy make Alison's posts more towny? I don't really get it

Also, I've thought about the few defenders thing a bit irt maybe not Lucy, maybe not Sparkles, but really if they're a wolf then they have 1 partner who may defend them and it's just not really going to sway me thinking about it like that.

Can you talk a bit more about why you think Sparkles is wolfy? Tbh, none of their content in particular I've had an issue with. I know you gave general reasons earlier but when I read them I didn't really get anything out of it, didn't connect it to their posts I guess. But the biggest problem I could say I have with Sparkles right now is when I've played with them as town before, they've really annoyed me by doing very vocal and very wack pushes, but their reads this game seemed a fair bit more reserved and sensible even under pressure.

I was thinking Nanook could be her partner just cause he hasn't really done anything. His post saying that someone reads list was 'really boring' kinda stuck out to me in a time where I was wondering who's actually defending Lucy/Sparkles/etc and... well, in a world Nanook+1 of them is a wolf, it certainly is boring, and that certainly would be a way to at least try and get an edge in against it. But I mean, it's also kinda true it's boring and I've had thoughts like that as town so I didn't wanna push it or think of it so much as wolfy. Still is a thing though.

Since I'm typing, personally I think Alison's pushes have all made sense coming from her, and the way she's moved off things she's been pushing prior is actually good imo, contrary to what I've read a few times in thread. She's giving thoughts, realizing they're not valid because of something or changing her mind on the read, and changing pretty readily. I don't really see her pushing the envelope on anything or stretching reasoning for her thoughts at all, so I have no issue with it and think she's probably town for it. I haven't really been paying as much attention as I should be to say she's 100% town but I'm confident enough in it.

As for Wilgy I agree with what JJJ and some others has said. He's active, he's contributing, and realistically it probably means he's town. But it's a read I'd be willing to budge on. I think outside of just posting a lot though, he's had good curiosity in some things

One thing that's interesting though, mentioning JJJ, is while I think he's done a lot of things that I agree with/same kinda end point as me, I don't really find him towny at all. I don't know why, maybe I just don't know how to read him or have poor expectations, and I think very possibly so, but I just don't really care that much about anything he's said since early day 1. I haven't really felt like he's pushed the game along that much in a positive direction save for some unique thoughts early day 1 (when I'd value it the least), saying that I guess the game hasn't really felt like it's moved at all to me today so that could be a point against the idea, but still. I'm just not feeling it irt him.

Falcon is a read I could explain if I really wanted to, but I don't really. He's just Falcon. Every game I've ever seen him in people always go ??? at things he says, and sometimes if they don't know him too well they push him for it, but at the end of the day people like Alison and myself are right on him almost all the time. I've had a few games where he slips by a bit longer as a wolf, and I think once every I ML'd him while he wasn't doing that much compared to his normal games (could be remembering wrong), but this game in particular I think he's being especially town-falcon-y with his really weird logic that he obviously believes in. Things like earlier when he wolf read someone for mentioning post cap as a way to make there be less posts, really weird logic imo, but then a bit after I posted "I think everyone should stop posting" and he said it was wolfy and put me in his wolf reads. That's the kinda thing you just see from town Falcon every game and he's been executing on it like expected.

I can't remember other names right now and I've typed enough

Esooa wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:34 am

Not feeling great on the Sparkles exe, is what I mean here
Esooa wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:38 am I was perfectly content sitting on my Nanook vanity wagon while I town read him and just watching Sparkles flip

But now I'm anxious but I don't know if I should go with my meager OW read or leave Sparkles where she is

From Esooa's side, we're given a bunch of opportunities to make judgment calls. If Esooa is Sparkles' teammate, I don't think we can call this material "distancing", and maybe not even "bussing" unless that word means "place a vote for your teammate" and nothing more. Esooa's treatment of Sparkles kind of falls on the third corner of the triangle that has formed in my head of players with similar world views and very different products reflecting their world views: Alison, Wilgy, and Esooa. All three said in some form that they were cool with the lucy/Sparkles POE, and Esooa was the one to place the actual Sparkles vote. That vote came with little verbal weight, however, given that it was a shrugging sheep and followed by commentary that could move late wagons elsewhere.

So that's the judgment call. Is this Esooa genuinely shrugging her way uneasily into the correct Sparkles chop, or is it some combination of feeble distancing and effort to move other votes? With a gun to my head I favor the former. Esooa, even in this lower activity body, is not a player I would describe as "feeble". If she is going to distance or bus, she probably just does it? All the way? It's not a crime to be unsure about a Day 1 chop. I welcome discussion on this one, because it's not my most confident read.
I think Esooa has been townie both yesterday and today, just in a vacuum. She is reading me in a very specific way (trying to see how far I stretch my logic) and I find this to be a reasonable way of reading me that matches with her previous approach to me as town. Her approach to lucy matches mine as well. As you suggest, she has expressed doubt on Sparkles, but so did Outed Wolf himself, and she has not expressed that doubt in ways that are likely to convince people to move off Sparkles.

Today, she has stuck to her guns on lucy even when handed ripe opportunities to turn on me, despite openly voicing hesitation on her previous Alison townread. She shares my belief that the game can be solved by simple POE. I have no issues with her approach at all and in many respects she has played the game as I would as a townie in her shoes.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Oh, and I think if Esooa is mafia she tries harder to get a lucy wagon with my support rather than wandering off to hop on Sparkles.
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

She didn't hop on sparkles. She was on Nook vanity wagon
Alison

Post by Alison »

lucy wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:18 pm u have to find the reasons yourself bucko
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, does this look like a town who sees the impending loss on the horizon and is desperate to do anything she can to stop it?
Alison

Post by Alison »

Sabiplz wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:22 pm She didn't hop on sparkles. She was on Nook vanity wagon
She was on Sparkles' wagon EOD, when did she move? I am on mobile and can't ISO easily.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Alison wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:22 pm
lucy wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:18 pm u have to find the reasons yourself bucko
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, does this look like a town who sees the impending loss on the horizon and is desperate to do anything she can to stop it?
ur conf biasing again and putting words into my mouth
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

bye
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Nevermind she moved her vote from. Nook to sparkles
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

I'm going back to napping on the train gngngn
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

Alison wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:23 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:22 pm She didn't hop on sparkles. She was on Nook vanity wagon
She was on Sparkles' wagon EOD, when did she move? I am on mobile and can't ISO easily.
Moved right before day end

Otherwise was on nanook for like 12 hours I think and before that Lucy
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Esooa vote didn't matter irt sparkles.

I'm trying to read her without taking the vote in consideration.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 224

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:35 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:16 am
MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:05 pm im slightly upset than that marmot is wasting his vote on me rn rather than voting Alison, i found it odd he isnt, maybe he doesnt want too eliminate a possible pairing early aka him and alison early on as scum which would be smart and kinda explains the vote on me more.
This is actually why im voting you lol, expressing sadness to get others to do a thing you want them to do.

You did the same thing when you expressed sadness to falcon because he hasn't changed his pfp.

When is a manipulative Sparkles just and only a scum Sparkles, when youre good at the manipulation game dont you think id use it as both alignments, have you never seen me manipulate as town before really, its my claim to fame.

This doesn't make sense to me.

AtE in the method that Marmot detailed seems like it would be AI and would warrant Marmot's suspicion. None of the examples provided at least are using AtE in a means that would tie you to another player or indicate solving.
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:37 am
Esooa wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:38 pm I think everyones hould stop posting
This is a meme ass post and I like it. Nai but I like it. Not even sure if the contextual humor between the lucy/falc post count thing was intended or not, but that's how I read it.

Suppose I can use this moment to put reads as of this post in the thread:
Still thinking:
JJJ
MARM
SABI
FALC
ALISON

are town or pro town enough to not put in PoE.

NOOK will just inevitably need to be clipped if he doesn't stop shitposting.

Lucy's feeling off, like yes I get Lucy's relatively soft d1 meta, but something is off from the get go and idk how to describe it.

Esooa is null
OA is null

Sparkles is w lean
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:39 pm Alright, I'm caught up now.

Esooa can have a town lean. Sparkles/Lucy slots in the current to yeet.
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:21 pm I really want to yeet Lucy in spite of it being suboptimal just because my W lean is growing.

I think optimal yeets are OW or Sparkles as it stands.

And I say optimal in the fact that Sabi seems to be shielding Lucy rather hard. Can Sabi/Lucy be W/W? Yes, DO I think W in Sabi, not really? Is Sabi likely just correct on the Lucy thing? Sabi likely knows better than I.
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:21 pm Meh, [VOTE: Sparklyparklybark] aubergine
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:18 pm Actually [VOTE: OW] aubergine.

If you want me to read more than tea leaves, you should at least provide a half soggy toilet paper roll with hieroglyphs on it.

What is Sparkler's game plan voting Alison? If it's a lost cause vote, is the teammate bussing? Does W Sparkler think an Alison yeet actually happens and saves them?

I think I have like 30 posts left after this one for the rest of the game. So please digest and regurgitate. If there's more banter I'll try to keep it to big responses.

Wilgy's progression on Sparkles is similar to Alison's, though perhaps with a messier finish. He didn't say much about Sparkles until the latter half of Day 1, but when he did it was distinctly negative (see the first two posts in there and the lone orange read. He ended up with lucy and Alison as the candidates as well, briefly, before adding outed wolf into the equation. He ended up voting outed wolf, and left with a soft defense of Sparkles in green. That doesn't have to be the end of the world, but it is something that Wilgy should talk about.

@DrWilgy, why was outed wolf the choice for you in the end, rather than lucy or Sparkles or otherwise?
Green: I did find it strange that Sparkles would go to Alison rather than try to build on the Lucy wagon, which gave me doubt. The question was simply, does a W go for the improbable wagon vs the easy one that's been semi present all day. I didn't know so I asked in a way that could help me clear it up while at the same time assessing others thoughts on Sparkles.

OW was more of a knee jerk that stayed because of the EoD timing. Sparkles and OW were equally yeetable, but OW said I was reading tea leaves or something silly while I was trying to pick apart their highly detailed 6 posts at the time.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 224

Post by DrWilgy »

Had surgery the other day, so I ain't solving this cycle.

Will respond to notifications if you need something though.

[VOTE: Lucy] aubergine is safe enough. Don't let me misyeet her if we are wrong town glgl.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:46 pm I’m gonna give Alison and Falcon town leans and call it a day on this opening
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:49 pm
Hmmmmmm

[VOTE: MissSparkles] aubergine

This sequence recalls my review of Alison, and it applies similarly to falcon. This looked like high-roading TMI from Sparkles, and falcon's response suggests he felt the same way.

MissSparkles wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:15 pm I’d say Falcon still the only one I’m town leaning on my wagon, the rest are degrees of null/meh/cappuccino and maybe wolf
MissSparkles wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:51 pm Falcon is doing what I remember him doing in my games as town, vote switch a lot without much explanation and offering vote support where needed. liked his reaction to early pressure and think his vote on me is just cause he felt off about me early and offering vote support. falcon is teh type of guy to push nulls if they have a wagon and vote there. hes definetely along for the ride on my wagon, which i guess would be scummy in nature but ive seen him do it loads so its not really for falcon i think.

This feels the same to me. The second post there is a long-winded explanation for a shallow town read on falcon that looks more like an effort to justify already acquired knowledge (i.e., "falcon is town") than an effort to be deceptive about falcon's alignment. It's basic, low-level meta stuff like "vote switch a lot without much explanation" that lends itself to being easily replicated in any alignment.

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:07 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:54 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:47 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:30 pm Sup? Page 1 was a bore to read, I quit smoking yesterday because I have zero monies and we’ll oof I feel awful rn fam.
Check out the following pages, it gets pretty kray kray
Have you ever changed your avi before? I feel like it’s always the same aesthetic with u and that makes me a sad panda. 🐼 😢

Not on this site, and extremely rarely in general. I like the consistency, it's like a name brand logo...all you have to do is see it, and you know.

[VOTE: Essoa] aubergine
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:22 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:21 pm Basic sort:

[town read]
DrWilgy
Sabiplz
Marmot

[town lean]
Alison
falconf5ca

---POE---

Esooa
outed wolf
Nanook
lucy
MissSparkles
Can ya give me a couple quick points on Nook, Sparkles & lucy?
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:47 pm [VOTE: Sparkles] aubergine
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:29 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:21 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:20 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:24 pm Wasn’t necessarily trying to be manipulative, but a lot of players have said my posts come across as such wether town or scum. Some people are manipulative or seem so without actively trying to be and it seems I fit into that category @JaggedJimmyJay

My boyfriend wants me too watch Troy with him so I’ll be back afterwards.
Skip it, it's shit. Watch something better
I actually liked it, Achilles was hot af 🥵
Well, it's Brad Pitt, so 'natch

[VOTE: lucy] aubergine

Posting, but not adding. Last few posts def seem like they're fine slowing down engagement between players
falcon45ca wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:37 pm [VOTE: Sparx] aubergine

The remainder of falcon's progression on Sparkles is the sort of turbulent voting movement that Sparks herself referenced before. It's "fine". This doesn't do a ton to move the needle either way for me. Overall I don't think falcon is a likely teammate of Sparkles.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:03 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:54 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:45 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:34 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:33 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:29 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:24 pm Nook you just gonna run past me all phase?
Yes. Look how fast I am.
:charlieblackmon:

Can’t catch u, you’re the gingerbread man. idk who i’m gonna work with this game, my two town leans aren’t really the type to work with others, and we’ll your running away from me 🐼 😢
Ok, what are we working on

Fair warning im still crying about Jay calling my reads bad
:ohyeah:

Is jAY just a random vote, i remember playing with him as town in the 70s (champs s2) and we won. he seems pretty proactive in engaging others but thats obvi easy to fake as scum. tell me more about him, unless hes right and youre reads are just bad.

tbh i still dont get the ego thing AND WHY ITs important or being used for a read but maybe im just confused idk.
Idk it might be bad its a micro read i made while exhausted lol, but I didn't think his sabi read was real or made sense at the time, and his looking for a wikgy read from me after like 3 hours was kinda bad too given the nature of the read (which he apparently knows exists but doesn't know how works, which is...weh)

I think marmot's argument amounts to "alison wastes more time arguing trivial things as mafia"

Idk if its meaningful or not, I thibk its something Marmot could realistically believe
Fair take on Jay + Marmot.

I was mostly talking about Alison re: the ego thing, about why itès important re: wilgy and why this is even a thing but then lucy in the sky with diamonds said stress test and im like ok yeah can kinda see that i guess.
this is manipulative ate

No u.

MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:22 pm
lucy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:21 pm
this is manipulative ate

No u.

I don't make reads d1, sheep someone besides me
So you just sit still and look pretty? Why?
MissSparkles wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:37 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:30 pm How is Nook from an insulated community when he has played on numerous forums through out the many years?
How is this topic really helping, or anything involving lucy while i was asleep?

I dont agree with lucys play and her defense spanning pages on principle and it was a distraction for the most part, although considering i wasnt here to respond too points against me and hunt i feel like most of you wouldève stayed stagnant so its wtv, i dont think lucy puts this much attention on herself and is this contrarian as mafia i do not know them as a player and i think DrW or Sabi said they get easier to read and play like they should on D2,im willing togive thema chance to prove that but still meh on their play on principle.

thats basically my thoughts on lucy cause there is nothing else i can really use to read them.
MissSparkles wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:44 pm I liked the way Alison started the game, it got this game firing on all cylinders, so I gave her town points. What Ive seen since has got me paused on her alignment and I think its enough to retract my town lean.

Marmy said he viewed Alison making a lot of distractions as her mafia meta correct? Cause ive been seeing a lot of that especially re: points on lucy and other stuff regarding other players that I felt didnt make much sense.Her vote has been flailing around a lot and shes been awfully accusy towards others but with her constant vote switch i fail to see much bite in any of her accusations. so it feels rather fake fam. more like being the center of a town that will eat itself apart when the concensus target flips town aka me.

so mindmelding with sabi.
MissSparkles wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:39 pmmindmelded here with not really being upfor a lucy mislim, on principle i can see why, but does the principle gets a scum lynch not always and more often then not someone being this uncooperative is usuallya stubborn townie so i like Sabi highlighting this.
MissSparkles wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:41 pm I dont wanna vote Sabi, falcon, lucy, marmy today.

null af on most slots. which is meh.

Sparkles' handling of lucy was mostly nothing until the multi-color highlights. In that post, Sparks' account of lucy covers a lot of ground in a short span, which I represent with the colors (negative assessments of lucy are orange, null is yellow, and positive assessments are green). That's a lot of caveats and buts and althoughs, and it's not a great look.

The following post in which Sparks gripes with Alison could also represent a classic chainsaw defense (i.e., defend teammate by attacking their attacker).

Be aware that the pink highlight is Sparks' own, not mine.

lucy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:23 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:22 pm
lucy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:21 pm
this is manipulative ate

No u.

I don't make reads d1, sheep someone besides me
So you just sit still and look pretty? Why?
so I don't die d1 lol

There's not much else to talk about on lucy's side. I only found this extension of a dialogue I included previously, so do something with this if you are so inclined, reader. It doesn't mean much to me.

Separately: @lucy, why was outed wolf the vote for you? You suggested it was "wagonomics" in the moment; please expand.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:25 pm
Marmot wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:24 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:22 pm
Marmot wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:20 pm [VOTE: misssparkles] aubergine

I miss you and you be woofin
Why?
Why not?
I’ll allow it. Miss u too baby boo
MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:03 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:54 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:45 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:34 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:33 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:29 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:24 pm Nook you just gonna run past me all phase?
Yes. Look how fast I am.
:charlieblackmon:

Can’t catch u, you’re the gingerbread man. idk who i’m gonna work with this game, my two town leans aren’t really the type to work with others, and we’ll your running away from me 🐼 😢
Ok, what are we working on

Fair warning im still crying about Jay calling my reads bad
:ohyeah:

Is jAY just a random vote, i remember playing with him as town in the 70s (champs s2) and we won. he seems pretty proactive in engaging others but thats obvi easy to fake as scum. tell me more about him, unless hes right and youre reads are just bad.

tbh i still dont get the ego thing AND WHY ITs important or being used for a read but maybe im just confused idk.
Idk it might be bad its a micro read i made while exhausted lol, but I didn't think his sabi read was real or made sense at the time, and his looking for a wikgy read from me after like 3 hours was kinda bad too given the nature of the read (which he apparently knows exists but doesn't know how works, which is...weh)

I think marmot's argument amounts to "alison wastes more time arguing trivial things as mafia"

Idk if its meaningful or not, I thibk its something Marmot could realistically believe
Fair take on Jay + Marmot.

MissSparkles wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:14 pm I don’t really wanna vote Marmy anymore.
MissSparkles wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:44 pm I liked the way Alison started the game, it got this game firing on all cylinders, so I gave her town points. What Ive seen since has got me paused on her alignment and I think its enough to retract my town lean.

Marmy said he viewed Alison making a lot of distractions as her mafia meta correct? Cause ive been seeing a lot of that especially re: points on lucy and other stuff regarding other players that I felt didnt make much sense.Her vote has been flailing around a lot and shes been awfully accusy towards others but with her constant vote switch i fail to see much bite in any of her accusations. so it feels rather fake fam. more like being the center of a town that will eat itself apart when the concensus target flips town aka me.

MissSparkles wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:57 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:52 pm More or less. I thought Sparkles dismissing the Alison/falcon kerfuffle as town/town was questionable, and her handling of pressure since that point has left me wanting.

Keep doing your thing, Sparkles. I will listen.
how often are those early game squabbles anything but tVt? town starts game aggressively by coming at someone and the person responds, i liked the response so i felt at the time like thats what we were witnessing.

i liked marmy considering my point about manipulation and how others view things as alignment indicative that doesnt apply too every player,i felt the take back there was towny and like he realised that yea maybe this doesnt make sparkles scum, felt genuine and like his earlier point i didnt like was actually a valid attempt at reading me. so its why im not wanting to vote marmy anymore at this junkture, posts since have felt towny. so town leaning on the pretty cute animal at this junkture.
MissSparkles wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:41 pm I dont wanna vote Sabi, falcon, lucy, marmy today.

null af on most slots. which is meh.
MissSparkles wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:05 pm Marmy lets have a chat. im not flipping mafia and people arent budging on me. this might be our last dance.
MissSparkles wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:16 pm how familiar are you with my playstyle Marmy? And what will sell you on Alison over me?
MissSparkles wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:25 pm
Marmot wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:22 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:16 pm how familiar are you with my playstyle Marmy? And what will sell you on Alison over me?

I'm not as familiar with you as I like. I feel like I play a game with you once every 6 months or so, which is not enough to really get a good grasp on your meta.

So your description of your meta I'm just taking with a grain of salt, because I don't have time to go look at other games of yours.

You said that your manipulation isn't AI for you. How/why do you try to manipulate players as town?
A lot of the time I dont really try too, its mostly just my personality coming into its own and seeping into my game.

When I actively try too manipulate it because i know im a mislim and town is in a position where their looking at me when I know its another player specifically, so i do what i can to help town win even if its not the most goody good way to play as town. i do what i canédo best for town to win and steer away from mislynching me.

Marmot himself described this progression as one of omgus followed by pocketing. Per my color coding, you can see that I think that's a valid take. I think the timeline is important here. When Sparks was going after Marmot a little bit, that first orange post came soon after Alison had voted for Marmot and those two had exchanged words over it. In this way, she is indirectly signal-boosting Alison's suspicion of Marmot. Then, later, after Alison has gone after Sparks, that flips on its head. In the second green post, Sparks is signal boosting Marmot's suspicion of Alison. That may imply that Alison and Marmot are aligned, because I suspect that at each respective stage of this progression, Sparks was happy to kill either one of them.

Marmot wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:38 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:24 pm Wasn’t necessarily trying to be manipulative, but a lot of players have said my posts come across as such wether town or scum. Some people are manipulative or seem so without actively trying to be and it seems I fit into that category @JaggedJimmyJay

My boyfriend wants me too watch Troy with him so I’ll be back afterwards.

Ok fair.

I've been accused and killed multiple times on PerC simply for telling people that I'm leaving the thread and won't be around for a few hours, even though I do it as either alignment.

Among other things.
Marmot wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:58 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:37 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:30 pm How is Nook from an insulated community when he has played on numerous forums through out the many years?
How is this topic really helping, or anything involving lucy while i was asleep?

I dont agree with lucys play and her defense spanning pages on principle and it was a distraction for the most part, although considering i wasnt here to respond too points against me and hunt i feel like most of you wouldève stayed stagnant so its wtv, i dont think lucy puts this much attention on herself and is this contrarian as mafia i do not know them as a player and i think DrW or Sabi said they get easier to read and play like they should on D2,im willing togive thema chance to prove that but still meh on their play on principle.

thats basically my thoughts on lucy cause there is nothing else i can really use to read them.

My interpretation of how lucy has played today is that she's attempting to be steadfast about not giving reads, but will talk about anything else, and is otherwise open to discussion, which at surface level isn't really townie, but also not a player I'd want to kill today.

If she's town, mafia should just kill her N1 anyway just to spite her meta :beer:
Marmot wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:07 pm

I don't think I said that in particular, or maybe that's just summing up what I said, sorta. Or maybe it was. I guess what I accused Alison of doing was straw-personing Wilgy's argument, where he talked about her playing with a lot of ego, and rather than explaining how it wasn't using ego, instead told Wilgy he doesn't know what ego is.

Vote flailing is fine imo. Votes are a decent way to broadcast a read/pressure, and aren't necessarily going to be permanent/stagnant (looking at your Vernon).

Regardless, she's still on my mind. she pushed lucy I believe a lot more than anyone else did. I don't find that surprising from Alison, but I do have a concern it was an attempt to make lucy "AI" or potentially "scummy-looking". I don't feel strongly about that argument though. V!Alison would want everyone to be perfect pro-town decisions.
Marmot wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:15 pm

Thoughts on what v!sparkles might do here?
Marmot wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:32 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:27 pm i think my emotional responses come across as manipulation, when its not really intended, im just an emotionally expressive person and i do me when i play mafia, ive had success and failures but i dont know any other way to play but be myself and try hard to not get mislynched and bote when i got something.

I'm a very unemotionally expressive person, especially in mafia, so I do find expressed emotions more noteworthy, especially if they impact others.

expressing joy at a dead wolf: good

expressing anger and yelling at other players: bad

It's not a direct correlation between expressing emotions and wolfy behavior ofc, but the examples that I noted for you looked like manipulation, which did ring alarm bells.
Marmot wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:56 am Not voting OW. Much of their content came after Wilgy voted them, nanook is just sheeping wilgys vote, and lucy doesn't have Day 1 scumreads, so I don't like the wagon composition

Keeping my vote on sparkles.

Things from Marmot's side seem similarly solid. Marmot's assertions that Sparks was engaging in legal appeal to emotion, and Sparks' half-resistance to that description, don't strike me as aligned. Then in the end, Marmot opened dialogue with Wilgy about the latter's semi-town case for Sparks, and still decided firmly against the outed wolf counterwagon to remain on Sparks. Good rodent.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Fine I will vote for lucy
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Most boring d2
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sabiplz wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:18 pm Most boring d2
Sometimes what's boring is what's best.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Hustles”