other (host / spec / dead)
38%

Total votes: 13
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 85

Re: basic mafia [DAY 1]

Post by DaughterOfOmega »

Alison wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:44 am It's less "why are you posting in this thread" and more "why are you engaging with me the way that you are". I've made it clear that I think your approach to my accusations is a scummy one, and that if you were a townie who just wanted to chill and relax with friends, you'd be less peeved by what I'm saying and be more "okay man, whatever. Have you seen the new Black Widow movie?" (This is what Nanook, who has that attitude every game, often does.) There is a discrepancy between your stated position of "I just want to chill and I don't want to get into big drama and fights", and your continual attempts to engage me, call me delusional and cocky etc. when I think you'd just not care about my posting and talk about other things if you really held that mentality.

I'll add "There's not much to say to help someone in your position. I used to be that kind of player [implied to be bad], and I hope you find the answer by yourself eventually" to my list of scummy attempts at discrediting me, above.
So you think I'm saying my old playstyle was bad? Nah I think I was pretty fucking good at mafia. So you trying to say that I implied you were a bad player is kind of funny. That style of play just makes it harder for others to engage with you in a gentle/relaxed attitude. I was often told of how people wouldn't want to talk a case with me because it would cause them to be more serious and annoyed than they want to be during a game. I rarely would see the response of someone and just go "you know what, my world and assumption was incorrect sorry" instead I stuck to telling people my view, and when I was wrong I had to work myself out of it. There were times I was right and it paid off, but when I was wrong it wasn't something I got out until quickly.

That's all the meaning in my original post. I know you made a few incorrect reads/assumptions and you likely won't escape those until new events/later posts can start to convince you. Me telling you won't matter to you now.
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

lol I've had no anxiety over your read of me.

just to let you know for whenever I get flipped or proven town
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

Alison wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:49 am
DaughterOfOmega wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:45 am You created a falsified world, and then you want to say me discrediting that falsification is scummy.

So I should engage with your incorrect reading of the situation?

I find that a weird view
Why wouldn't you? Don't you want to know why I did it? Don't you have any curiosity at all as to my alignment, my motivations?
no

I guess that's a crazy thing for you to imagine
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 243
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:51 am It's page 2, everyone is going to have forgotten about this by end of day, not let's move to something more productive entertaining.

What's your psychological evaluation on me, and how does me confirming the theory that made you scum read me affect your read of the situation?
My psychological evaluation of you is that you are someone who cares more about seeking attention and engaging in provocative behavior than about playing optimally. This would explain both your decision to fake a red check in AtLA as well as your behavior postgame taunting Guillo. It would also explain your deciding to enter the thread by making a joke at my expense (that my posts were boring and should be ignored).

My initial read was specifically that you were faking ignoring me because of an out-of-game dispute so that you would have an excuse to avoid engaging with me, and could just coast through the day pretending I didn't exist, while in reality you were reading all my posts because you're mafia and want to know what townies are up to. Realizing that you were just doing it as a joke (reinforced by #86) makes me think it's NAI instead.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:53 am
Alison wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:49 am
DaughterOfOmega wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:45 am You created a falsified world, and then you want to say me discrediting that falsification is scummy.

So I should engage with your incorrect reading of the situation?

I find that a weird view
Why wouldn't you? Don't you want to know why I did it? Don't you have any curiosity at all as to my alignment, my motivations?
no

I guess that's a crazy thing for you to imagine
It would be pretty crazy if you're town, since the job of the town is to figure out these things.

Not as crazy if you're mafia and already know my alignment and motivations.
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 283
Preferred Pronouns: HE

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Alison wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:54 am
NotAnAxehole wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:51 am It's page 2, everyone is going to have forgotten about this by end of day, not let's move to something more productive entertaining.

What's your psychological evaluation on me, and how does me confirming the theory that made you scum read me affect your read of the situation?
My psychological evaluation of you is that you are someone who cares more about seeking attention and engaging in provocative behavior than about playing optimally. This would explain both your decision to fake a red check in AtLA as well as your behavior postgame taunting Guillo. It would also explain your deciding to enter the thread by making a joke at my expense (that my posts were boring and should be ignored).

My initial read was specifically that you were faking ignoring me because of an out-of-game dispute so that you would have an excuse to avoid engaging with me, and could just coast through the day pretending I didn't exist, while in reality you were reading all my posts because you're mafia and want to know what townies are up to. Realizing that you were just doing it as a joke (reinforced by #86) makes me think it's NAI instead.
:clap:
Russian Machine Never Breaks 769 #3
Spoiler: show
2022 Stats
| Overall 4-6 40% | Town 4-6 40% | Mafia 0-0 - |

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
| Overall 6-5 55% | Town 4-5 44% | Mafia 2-0 100% |
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Not right, but bravo.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

E for effort as they say
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
Alison

Post by Alison »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:51 am So you think I'm saying my old playstyle was bad? Nah I think I was pretty fucking good at mafia. So you trying to say that I implied you were a bad player is kind of funny. That style of play just makes it harder for others to engage with you in a gentle/relaxed attitude. I was often told of how people wouldn't want to talk a case with me because it would cause them to be more serious and annoyed than they want to be during a game. I rarely would see the response of someone and just go "you know what, my world and assumption was incorrect sorry" instead I stuck to telling people my view, and when I was wrong I had to work myself out of it. There were times I was right and it paid off, but when I was wrong it wasn't something I got out until quickly.

That's all the meaning in my original post. I know you made a few incorrect reads/assumptions and you likely won't escape those until new events/later posts can start to convince you. Me telling you won't matter to you now.
So far, Syndicate players seem to have no issues with talking through my suspicions, cases and reads in mafia games. My playstyle is pretty good, and works for me.

I'm intrigued by your note that I've made "a few incorrect reads/assumptions". You've pointed out various "assumptions" I've made that you challenged, but as far as I can tell you only seem to disagree with me on one read (that you're mafia). What other reads do you think are incorrect on my part?

One more thing. In your characterization of my responses to your behavior, you bring up the idea that I'm stuck in a tunnel and will need to dig myself out of it as the game develops further:
you likely won't escape those until new events/later posts can start to convince you
This seems to presume that I'm town, and am genuinely re-evaluating my ideas and reads in light of new information. If I was mafia, then all my reads are faked, and I'll change them when it's convenient for me, not as a result of an authentic process of re-evaluation in response to new information. But this is strange, because you claimed earlier that you were 72% confident I was mafia. What changed that made you go from thinking I was mafia to taking me as coming from a town mindset?
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

Alison wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:00 am
DaughterOfOmega wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:51 am So you think I'm saying my old playstyle was bad? Nah I think I was pretty fucking good at mafia. So you trying to say that I implied you were a bad player is kind of funny. That style of play just makes it harder for others to engage with you in a gentle/relaxed attitude. I was often told of how people wouldn't want to talk a case with me because it would cause them to be more serious and annoyed than they want to be during a game. I rarely would see the response of someone and just go "you know what, my world and assumption was incorrect sorry" instead I stuck to telling people my view, and when I was wrong I had to work myself out of it. There were times I was right and it paid off, but when I was wrong it wasn't something I got out until quickly.

So far, Syndicate players seem to have no issues with talking through my suspicions, cases and reads in mafia games. My playstyle is pretty good, and works for me.

I'm intrigued by your note that I've made "a few incorrect reads/assumptions". You've pointed out various "assumptions" I've made that you challenged, but as far as I can tell you only seem to disagree with me on one read (that you're mafia). What other reads do you think are incorrect on my part?

One more thing. In your characterization of my responses to your behavior, you bring up the idea that I'm stuck in a tunnel and will need to dig myself out of it as the game develops further:
you likely won't escape those until new events/later posts can start to convince you
This seems to presume that I'm town, and am genuinely re-evaluating my ideas and reads in light of new information. If I was mafia, then all my reads are faked, and I'll change them when it's convenient for me, not as a result of an authentic process of re-evaluation in response to new information. But this is strange, because you claimed earlier that you were 72% confident I was mafia. What changed that made you go from thinking I was mafia to taking me as coming from a town mindset?
We are discussing a hypothetical about playstyle, which I've seen you do as town. I have no alignment information on you. The entire point of the post was to discuss that you remind of a playstyle where instead of actually taking in what I say, you've stuck to an assumption you made, and want to mindlessly press on that assumption as if it were true. Until you come back to this at a later time, anything I say to you now is not helping the game. Now maybe you come back later and don't find the correct truth, and stick to this wrong read, well that would partly be on me for not making more of a impact for you to come around to what is right. I've seen you play, and you're good enough to come to the correct conclusion later on. It'd be unfortunate if you are mafia and I have to later on fight against you since you wouldn't come back and rethink, but if that is the case then I'd end up fighting you.
EnderWiggin
Made Man
Posts in topic: 395
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by EnderWiggin »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:56 am Not right, but bravo.
X
We can only trust the truth. Everything else is a lie.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

The fact that everyone but Axe who wants to butt his nose into everything went silent while you two duel at it suggests that there isn't two other players trying to break things up
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Either that or Axe is legit scumbuddies and this game is already mostly solved
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

OR this is night for most of the players.

Actually that's probably the correct one.
Alison

Post by Alison »

EnderWiggin wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:41 am The fact that everyone but Axe who wants to butt his nose into everything went silent while you two duel at it suggests that there isn't two other players trying to break things up
The fight lasted 3 hours, from 5am to 8am EST. The fact that nobody is responding during a three-hour window in the middle of the night means that they're asleep, not that they have no interest in defending DOO.
Alison

Post by Alison »

What do you think of my case on DOO, independent of threadstate stuff, Ender?
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Alison wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:47 am
EnderWiggin wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:41 am The fact that everyone but Axe who wants to butt his nose into everything went silent while you two duel at it suggests that there isn't two other players trying to break things up
The fight lasted 3 hours, from 5am to 8am EST. The fact that nobody is responding during a three-hour window in the middle of the night means that they're asleep, not that they have no interest in defending DOO.
See my last post. My Aussie-ism is poking through.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Esooa wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:39 am hi (sorry for scummyness)

what's up Wiggin
What's up Esooa. Who do you feel most likely to defend right now? =P
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Alison wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:47 am What do you think of my case on DOO, independent of threadstate stuff, Ender?
Hmmm.

The DOO/Luckbox feels too simplistic tbh. DOO has acted very aggressively to you, but last game when I pushed (Albeit much less aggressively) DOO was much calmer as wolf.

I don't know how that matches up exactly but I'm more inclined to think that it's not w/w with LB/DOO.

(Shitty d1 reads lesgo)
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 97
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Alison wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:26 am Actually no, it's not outing.

Still a weird as fuck thing to say but probably not an outright scumslip

[VOTE: DaughterOfOmega] aubergine Go here then.
It was an obvious joke lol
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

I developed a serious read this game and people think I'm trolling.

smh.

@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME You see what I'm saying right?
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats

I'm gonna say yes but I'm actually not sure
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:18 am I developed a serious read this game and people think I'm trolling.

smh.

Something something reap what you sow. =P
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

EnderWiggin wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:25 am
NotAnAxehole wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:18 am I developed a serious read this game and people think I'm trolling.

smh.

Something something reap what you sow. =P
I blame Guillotine.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 38
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

EnderWiggin wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:50 am
Esooa wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:39 am hi (sorry for scummyness)

what's up Wiggin
What's up Esooa. Who do you feel most likely to defend right now? =P
alison
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Damn that's fair.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

I was gonna scumread whoever you said but that puts me in a position =P
Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 301

Post by Luckbox Inc »

I'm awake.
And yeah Alison seems pretty villagery.
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 190
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Alison wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:47 am I can feel the awkwardness and discomfort radiating from your computer screen.
They sound too much like you; I think it’s the periods

As any self respecting 18th century man will tell you, periods are evil
Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer

Post by Luckbox Inc »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:50 am
Alison wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:47 am I can feel the awkwardness and discomfort radiating from your computer screen.
They sound too much like you; I think it’s the periods
Alison's cool but I don't think we sound anything alike.
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 60

Post by falcon45ca »

What have I missed? Who's got hawt takes I may sheep?
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 151
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

Well that was a pleasure to read...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer

Post by Luckbox Inc »

[VOTE: Falcon] aubergine
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Tempted to say Alison/DoO is town/town but let me reassess when I've actualy had some coffee (tell).
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Seanzie wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:19 pm Well that was a pleasure to read...
Pickin' up on yer sarcasm...
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer

Post by Luckbox Inc »

Somebody should call someone a wolf fwiw
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Luckbox Inc wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:06 pm Somebody should call someone a wolf fwiw
I need to tread carefully, otherwise the NPCs will riot.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats

NotAnAxehole wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:09 pm
Luckbox Inc wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:06 pm Somebody should call someone a wolf fwiw
I need to tread carefully, otherwise the NPCs will riot.
I used to be adventurer like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Any suggestions on who?

Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer

Post by Luckbox Inc »

Seanzie wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:21 pm
Any suggestions on who?
One of Falcon, Axehole, or Nook would be good.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Luckbox Inc wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:22 pm
Seanzie wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:21 pm
Any suggestions on who?
One of Falcon, Axehole, or Nook would be good.
I mean, I'm pretty sure I've called Nook a wolf already.

What do you think of DoO and Alison?

Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer

Post by Luckbox Inc »

Seanzie wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:24 pm
I mean, I'm pretty sure I've called Nook a wolf already.

What do you think of DoO and Alison?
I don't claiming you hacked his account counts as calling him a wolf fwiw.

I think they're both likely villaging but if one of them is wolfing then it's DoO. This is only my second game with both of them and it wasn't extensive with either-- but Alison seems exactly like she did in the game we played previously, complete with wanting me dead early D1-- and DoO I'll give some respect to as I did think she was villaging D1 (strangely though) in Alta.
Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer

Post by Luckbox Inc »

*don't think
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 68

Post by fingersplints »

Hello all, glad to see this game has finally started :)
I don’t have any idea who I’ll be voting for yet. I’ll be back to read the thread and help hunt those wolves after my little one is asleep.
Gro-oo-ovy
Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer

Post by Luckbox Inc »

fingersplints wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:40 pm Hello all, glad to see this game has finally started :)
I don’t have any idea who I’ll be voting for yet. I’ll be back to read the thread and help hunt those wolves after my little one is asleep.
Ok that's wolfy.
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Luckbox Inc wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:57 pm
fingersplints wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:40 pm Hello all, glad to see this game has finally started :)
Ok that's wolfy.
It might be more productive (and shorter) if you gave us a list of things you didn't scum read.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 68

Post by fingersplints »

I haven’t read yet :shrug: literally just checking in
Gro-oo-ovy
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

fingersplints wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:08 pm I haven’t read yet :shrug: literally just checking in
Yeah, but you've already done that.

And I've seen this technique from you before as Maf, so....

[VOTE: Fingersplints] aubergine

Cue the indignant outbrust at being scum read while being busy IRL and trying to catch up
Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer

Post by Luckbox Inc »

"I don't have any idea who I'll be voting for yet"-- it reads super wolfy on tone.

Return to “Previous Heists”