Total votes: 8
MissSparkles
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 399
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Traitors for Exile

Post by MissSparkles »

Marmot wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:42 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:09 pm Marmy just throwing a vote for the sake of it makes me feel decent about him, trying to get things going is a good sign, i think he would just hide behind mech talk and/or try manipulating the current strategy we have in place.

Just small town feels. Not enough to join my town inner circle (super exclusive by the by) but definitely enough for a slight town lean.

I love stab in the dark day one

I'm town, so this is a good read :noble:
That’s what scum would say, lmao.

But yea i’d feel you wouldn’t follow me here if you were Traitor, the game we played as town you were one of the few to correctly town read (still ended up yeeted but what can u do)) so I know you’d consider my opinion as town. Since you have the hone field advantage here, you’d definitely be able to pain me in a negative light, and you know i’m not easily pocketed so following me here looks good from you.
:cloud9:
MissSparkles
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MissSparkles »

Paint me*
MissSparkles
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MissSparkles »

Marmot wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:02 pm
Wiml wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:37 am I think with the exile vote isn't it better to not vote the same people twice while it's avoidable to do so?

That way it's betting on making no more than 3 mistakes in the upper half of the player list (which seems fair) compared to betting the entire game on a specific player being town (which I think is easier to fake because of a lack of TMI).

Not sure if this is the better mech play.

I disagre. One of our win conditions is to send three traitors to Exile over the course of the game, and with the limited knowledge that traitors have of each other, yeeting based on interactions will be difficult.
Yeeting based on interactions is impossible this game and I’d look closely at people doing it, it would be a try to look productive/good tactic here.

Not saying that’s what Wiml is doing here though
MissSparkles
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MissSparkles »

Marmot wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:12 pm We have a heavy reliance on the cop this game I think (thankfully there's a backup, on the off chance that there's a cc), which means that them claiming might not be in our best interest yet, because it'll give the Anti-Cop more info into who they should frame.

That said, claiming early would prevent cc wars from going down.
So what do you think about our cop being forced to claim?

Fake move too coast? Cause I honestly have a hard time believing it, especially when as I said an outed cop makes it easier for the Traitor Cop to guess the target?

Is Gavial a bastard host? Then again this setup would probably only come from a bastard host mindset lmao
MissSparkles
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MissSparkles »

Marmot wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:41 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:04 pm But anybody with experience with Cat as a player and their meta/strategy can gladly weigh in, i’m all bog cute cartoon eyes over here!

I've only played with cat once, we were teammates in GoC, and he was yeeted Day 1. That said, his entrance into that game had a little more assurance in it then this one, so though I dislike the post, I'm willing to let him say more things here in the event that he just feigns more confidence as mafia.
I mean trying out a different strategy would make sense? Especially when he got yeeted as scum (Was scum right?). And signal attempt abd then dipping ain’t a towny look and fits with someone looking to switch there style up and fly under the radar. I mean it makes a lot of sense if he got yeeted as scum with an assertive assured tone/style.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 141
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MissSparkles wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:53 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:09 pm Marmy just throwing a vote for the sake of it makes me feel decent about him, trying to get things going is a good sign, i think he would just hide behind mech talk and/or try manipulating the current strategy we have in place.

Just small town feels. Not enough to join my town inner circle (super exclusive by the by) but definitely enough for a slight town lean.

But yea i’d feel you wouldn’t follow me here if you were Traitor, the game we played as town you were one of the few to correctly town read (still ended up yeeted but what can u do)) so I know you’d consider my opinion as town. Since you have the hone field advantage here, you’d definitely be able to pain me in a negative light, and you know i’m not easily pocketed so following me here looks good from you.

I may have homefield advantage here, but I've only played with half of this player list (we got a huge influx of new players in the last couple months).

I do remember that game, but the problem was that I chose to actually read your ISO like 30 minutes before EOD when you were probably gonna be yeeted anyway and it didn't matter. :haha:

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
MissSparkles
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MissSparkles »

This post is unnecessary as town though, and feels like a slight buddy/pocket attempt. Cause agreeing with any read of mine will make me think i’m doing good and thus could win my favour.

But the other towny points don’t outweigh this scummy post but still no INNER TOWN CIRCLE VIP PASS 4 U
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I do have a couple more thoughts on the strategy this game, but I'm going to withhold them until everyone has checked in.

I do have a question for everyone though. I've reconsidered my original stance on the cop claiming, and I've seen a couple players advocating for it. Should we encourage the town cop to claim or not? At this moment, I'm leaning toward yes.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MissSparkles wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:04 pm

This post is unnecessary as town though, and feels like a slight buddy/pocket attempt. Cause agreeing with any read of mine will make me think i’m doing good and thus could win my favour.

But the other towny points don’t outweigh this scummy post but still no INNER TOWN CIRCLE VIP PASS 4 U

I enjoy pocketing as town too tbh.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

MissSparkles
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MissSparkles »

Marmot wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:02 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:53 pm

I may have homefield advantage here, but I've only played with half of this player list (we got a huge influx of new players in the last couple months).

I do remember that game, but the problem was that I chose to actually read your ISO like 30 minutes before EOD when you were probably gonna be yeeted anyway and it didn't matter. :haha:
Which is fair considering you were another yeet option!

Have you read any of my other games? How would describe my playstyle? Do you think i’m town here?
MissSparkles
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MissSparkles »

Marmot wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:05 pm I do have a couple more thoughts on the strategy this game, but I'm going to withhold them until everyone has checked in.

I do have a question for everyone though. I've reconsidered my original stance on the cop claiming, and I've seen a couple players advocating for it. Should we encourage the town cop to claim or not? At this moment, I'm leaning toward yes.
The cop has already claimed, how did u miss it?

He confirmed to me it was a valid claim and he was forced too by the mod! It’s all on page 1, go look!! 👀
MissSparkles
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MissSparkles »

Marmot wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:05 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:04 pm

I enjoy pocketing as town too tbh.
I mean it’s not considered a pocket if you’re town now is it?

Buddying/teaming up sure, but deff not a pocket.

That response also feels strange tbh.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

It's been long enough since I've played with you Sparkles, that I honestly don't really remember your playstyle, I've played a lot of games in the last 5 months, and you were only alive for that one day phase in that game. I know we've played video mafia together too, but I can't seem to recall a distinction in your meta.

That said, I'm reading you as town so far for strongly engaging in the game, and with a number of players in the game. Making reads and attempting to engage other people on those reads while we're still sorta in RVS is rand town imo.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

MissSparkles
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MissSparkles »

I’m trying to move the game away from mech soec, sure everyone canvweigh in but not sure what witholding you’re thoughts on it does for town Marmy, but i’m very much set on Cat being a RED TRAITOR so i’ll let u do u for now since you’re being a pal and helping me pressure my scum lean ;)
MissSparkles
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MissSparkles »

Marmot wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:11 pm It's been long enough since I've played with you Sparkles, that I honestly don't really remember your playstyle, I've played a lot of games in the last 5 months, and you were only alive for that one day phase in that game. I know we've played video mafia together too, but I can't seem to recall a distinction in your meta.

That said, I'm reading you as town so far for strongly engaging in the game, and with a number of players in the game. Making reads and attempting to engage other people on those reads while we're still sorta in RVS is rand town imo.
That’s fair, here’s some insight, believe it or not idc, i’m a very honest mafia player so you should.

My playstyle is always the same, my meta mostly is as well and I’m very good at not only replicating it but using my meta’s perception as a way to manipulate it for town reads.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MissSparkles wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:07 pm
Marmot wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:05 pm I do have a couple more thoughts on the strategy this game, but I'm going to withhold them until everyone has checked in.

He confirmed to me it was a valid claim and he was forced too by the mod! It’s all on page 1, go look!! 👀

I just assumed it was Mac providing cover for being so open at the start of the game with it. Why is it a confirmed, valid claim?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Wiml
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 167
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by Wiml »

Quickly dropping in, I think Sparkles is a pretty clear cut town now (mostly for reasons wrt her case on Cat that I can get into a little later but I think her approach to this game is towny too). Broadly agree with that one post from Cat being wolfy but not as strongly.

Leaning town on Marmot but I don't really have anything I can add on this (also not sure if you remember me from the hydra game we played together relatively recently?).

I'm a bit of a hypocrite but I agree that I think it'll be better to cool off focusing the mech / exile stuff until Night (since we have 24 hours to discuss it then anyway).

Would somebody please be able to tell me how to ISO here? And is there any specific way to vote or is it just announcing your vote + using the poll? Thanks!
MissSparkles
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MissSparkles »

Marmot wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:15 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:07 pm

I just assumed it was Mac providing cover for being so open at the start of the game with it. Why is it a confirmed, valid claim?
Cause I asked if he was serious and responded with “Yes, the mod forced me to claim” why lie about all that of it’s a cover play? Just tell me it was serious lmao
MissSparkles
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MissSparkles »

Wiml wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:29 pm Quickly dropping in, I think Sparkles is a pretty clear cut town now (mostly for reasons wrt her case on Cat that I can get into a little later but I think her approach to this game is towny too). Broadly agree with that one post from Cat being wolfy but not as strongly.

Leaning town on Marmot but I don't really have anything I can add on this (also not sure if you remember me from the hydra game we played together relatively recently?).

I'm a bit of a hypocrite but I agree that I think it'll be better to cool off focusing the mech / exile stuff until Night (since we have 24 hours to discuss it then anyway).

Would somebody please be able to tell me how to ISO here? And is there any specific way to vote or is it just announcing your vote + using the poll? Thanks!
How about supporting my wagon on Cat then fam?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Wiml wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:29 pm Quickly dropping in, I think Sparkles is a pretty clear cut town now (mostly for reasons wrt her case on Cat that I can get into a little later but I think her approach to this game is towny too). Broadly agree with that one post from Cat being wolfy but not as strongly.

I do remember that now!!! Sort of.

Which hydra were you again?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MissSparkles wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:31 pm

You're not even voting for cat. :p

(Reminder that your vote in the poll is the one that counts)

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 91

Post by falcon45ca »

KZA wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:46 pm When I have nothing to work with I just tunnell falcon so

[VOTE: falcon] aubergine

Might tunnell 112 aswell
That's actually a solid plan, Imma tunnel me too
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 44

Post by 112 »

getting BAD vibes from MissSparkles
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Marmot wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:35 pm
KZA wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:48 pm Marmot knows I'm KZA

Marmot might just be town

How TF do you always get my alignment right from my very first post? Is it a me thing or a you thing.

I'd ask if you have TMI, but even if you're a traitor, you wouldn't know if I was lol.
Marmot tryna get cozy in a KZA pocket?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

112 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:54 pm getting BAD vibes from MissSparkles
Oh shit. Capital letters? Must be legit
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

There's way too much confidence in these reads for this stage of the game
MissSparkles
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MissSparkles »

Marmot wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:43 pm

You're not even voting for cat. :p

(Reminder that your vote in the poll is the one that counts)
What? I thought it was some random thing we didn’t know about, guess i’ll change it then lmao
MissSparkles
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MissSparkles »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:58 pm

Well sure, but you’re probably not the greatest in the early game and generally better with them as the game goes on, but for me personally my best reads come on day 1.
MissSparkles
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MissSparkles »

Stab in the dark and meta play if day 1 is where I’m comfortable as town. As scum you either catch me day one or you don’t catch me at all.
MissSparkles
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MissSparkles »

Probably why i’m so often misyeeted on day one, the paranoia from players who’ve seen me as scum skews there judgement when I’m a pretty easy read on day one
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

MissSparkles wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 3:01 pm

Well sure, but you’re probably not the greatest in the early game and generally better with them as the game goes on, but for me personally my best reads come on day 1.
I'm not the greatest analyst stage of the game. Wiml has a lack of suspicion I find suspicious
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 3:05 pm

I'm not the greatest at any stage of the game. Wiml has a lack of suspicion I find suspicious
Fixed
KZA
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 151
Preferred Pronouns: Any
Aka: KZA

Post by KZA »

MissSparkles wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:51 pm
KZA wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:48 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:42 pm
cat wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:48 am
Creature wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:14 am I wonder how we'll find the traitors
Do you think the traitors will try to contact eachother? Should we look for softs?
Would bringing up the idea be consistent as a soft cause I feel ot is, bringing up strategies for traitors like this ain’t a good look.

Vote Cat
This is kind of towny even if I don't fully agree with the conclusion but keep going
Why not? It’s well disguised as a potential towny thought and the statement just gives traitors a way to find us aka not a very towny mindset
I think it's a decent insight

I would've like it more if it was an assertion rather than phrased as questions but that might be a personality thing

I don't know Cat so I'll let it play out
KZA
Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am eating an entire sandwich is not that hard
Wisdom
The Mark
Posts in topic: 165
Preferred Pronouns: She/They
Aka: Akarna

Post by Wisdom »

Hi

I'm new here
But I know some of you
Just, have patience with me
I'm VT btw
For real this time
It's a hard claim
MissSparkles
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MissSparkles »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 3:05 pm

I'm not the greatest analyst stage of the game. Wiml has a lack of suspicion I find suspicious
Okay sure, but what he’s doing is good, finding town in a any setup is easier then finding scum. So this early having more town reads is smart, I just like to attack when I have a scum read, i’d be doing the same if I didn’t.

I like how real you are here, portraying yourself as not great at the game would give a perception if an easy yeet, which town wouldn’t want but neither and especially not a self preserving scum, so it reads to me as unconfident town.
KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

Marmot wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:35 pm
KZA wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:48 pm Marmot knows I'm KZA

Marmot might just be town

How TF do you always get my alignment right from my very first post? Is it a me thing or a you thing.

I'd ask if you have TMI, but even if you're a traitor, you wouldn't know if I was lol.
I'm starting my godread pokedex with you
KZA
Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am eating an entire sandwich is not that hard
MissSparkles
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MissSparkles »

KZA wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 3:08 pm
Do you think the traitors will try to contact eachother? Should we look for softs?
Would bringing up the idea be consistent as a soft cause I feel ot is, bringing up strategies for traitors like this ain’t a good look.

Vote Cat
This is kind of towny even if I don't fully agree with the conclusion but keep going
Why not? It’s well disguised as a potential towny thought and the statement just gives traitors a way to find us aka not a very towny mindset

I would've like it more if it was an assertion rather than phrased as questions but that might be a personality thing

Cooperation is better then assertion this early in the game, i’m asking questions to try and get input from others so I can get a read from there, day 1 tunnels are bad play.
KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

Meta read Falcon town
KZA
KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

MissSparkles wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 3:11 pm

Vote Cat

Cooperation is better then assertion this early in the game, i’m asking questions to try and get input from others so I can get a read from there, day 1 tunnels are bad play.
Oh I meant Cats post not yours
KZA
KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

One thing to keep in mind is that the anti cop will be slowly gaining TMI as Mac outs checks
KZA
MissSparkles
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MissSparkles »

Not really sure the cop should/would randomly give a vote like that, unless trying to lead the traitor cop astray with a fake target.

Like as the outed cop here, the best play would be to keep your cards hidden.
MissSparkles
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MissSparkles »

KZA wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 3:12 pm Meta read Falcon town
Can you explain without giving his tell away? Cause I had similar vibes due to his apathy/lack of confidence in his play
MissSparkles
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MissSparkles »

KZA wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 3:14 pm One thing to keep in mind is that the anti cop will be slowly gaining TMI as Mac outs checks
Oh this is a good thought, one that a smart traitor cop would know upon gaining the role so 🤔
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Maybe! I wanted to work out how to vote / ISO first lol.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

112 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:54 pm getting BAD vibes from MissSparkles
Can you expand on this, please?
MissSparkles
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MissSparkles »

KZA wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 3:12 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 3:11 pm

Vote Cat

Oh I meant Cats post not yours
Oh lmao. I think I feel the same way then.
KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

MissSparkles wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 3:16 pm
KZA wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 3:12 pm Meta read Falcon town
Can you explain without giving his tell away? Cause I had similar vibes due to his apathy/lack of confidence in his play
Specifically the way he confronted Marmot about potentially pocketing me pinged me as a classic town Falcon quip

Its kind of in his style to ask lots of questions like that
KZA
KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

MissSparkles wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 3:16 pm
KZA wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 3:14 pm One thing to keep in mind is that the anti cop will be slowly gaining TMI as Mac outs checks
Oh this is a good thought, one that a smart traitor cop would know upon gaining the role so 🤔
:fist:
KZA
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Marmot wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:43 pm

I do remember that now!!! Sort of.

Which hydra were you again?
Slow & Steady in the CFC game (the person doing the vast majority of the posting).
KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

I'm gonna start with someone yet to sling any mud

[VOTE: Long Con] aubergine

See if he dances for us
KZA

Return to “Previous Heists”