Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 654
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: The Lion King [Day 0]

Post by Tangrowth »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:33 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:30 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:25 am Impatient for everyone to check in. Game game game game game
Mood.
Well, we can just proceed to lynch Proto once D1 starts me thinks
protoyeet does have a ring to it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:34 am Wait, is this majority lynch?
Looks that way!
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 489

Post by Dyslexicon »

M Plus 7 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:35 am
Looks that way!
Haven't played with majority lynch in forever. This requires some coordination on town's part, which is good to keep in mind. I don't know how I feel about it, but it'll be interesting to play with a different mechanic I guess.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Also, it means we can speed lynch Proto when D1 starts, so that's pretty cool.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:36 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:35 am
Looks that way!
Haven't played with majority lynch in forever. This requires some coordination on town's part, which is good to keep in mind. I don't know how I feel about it, but it'll be interesting to play with a different mechanic I guess.
I have my own feelings about it that are mixed as well. Generally speaking I think we shouldn't hammer someone.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

M Plus 7 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:37 amI have my own feelings about it that are mixed as well. Generally speaking I think we shouldn't hammer someone.
Until day is really over? I agree with that. Question is if we have to have majority to even yeet someone? Or else it doesn't matter that much
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:38 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:37 amI have my own feelings about it that are mixed as well. Generally speaking I think we shouldn't hammer someone.
Until day is really over? I agree with that. Question is if we have to have majority to even yeet someone? Or else it doesn't matter that much
Right, until it's necessary.

From the rules it seems it isn't necessary? Like the hammer exists, but it doesn't have to be met.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

M Plus 7 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:40 amRight, until it's necessary.

From the rules it seems it isn't necessary? Like the hammer exists, but it doesn't have to be met.
Ooooh, well then I don't care as much. =p
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Also, it's soon 8 am, so I think it's approaching bed time.

Good night, MP. And good [part of the day], everyone.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:44 am Also, it's soon 8 am, so I think it's approaching bed time.

Good night, MP. And good [part of the day], everyone.

Sounds like your schedule is even worse than mine! Hehe.

Good night, looking forward to Day 1!
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

Good morning. I remember i read this game will start later in July and i came here by chance.

Glad to play again here <3 with old and new faces! Let's have an enjoyable match!

For who is new, I am a mamga binge reader (if i start a manga i can't sleep until i finish it) but since i started to play mafia i slowed down ^^ and now i am more mafia addicted.

I have to read the posts, i only read the first page and i have a good feeling about M7 but this will happen after work
Spoiler: show

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 15
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

cobbler wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:49 pm much appreciated :) i'll try not to shy away. i have to admit i'm a bit intimidated playing here because i've known about this community for a very long time and it has a strong reputation for solid gameplay
I promise not to intimidate you with solid gameplay. That's not part of my reputation. :grin:
protocultures
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 152

Post by protocultures »

oh im confused, im catching up now and panic posting because I dont want to miss deadline to have 1 post before end of Day 0.

Thought this was starting again end of July.

Skimming and will post content shortly.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

[mention]dunya[/mention] [mention]juliets[/mention] Would love a page 1 iso link if possible to generate. Thanks to both for hosting :)

Hello.

Little intro, second forum game ever. Have played some video mafia before, play played some VC mafia with concurrent text. I think forum players would call both formats turbos since they usually finish in under 2.5 hours.

My meta with players below.

1612 - multiple VC mafia games on a discord server. No forum meta
Alison - Space Invaders on Syndicate. 1 Game.
cobbler - no meta
Dyslexicon - Space Invaders on Syndicate. 1 Game.
jeraldooo - multiple VC mafia games on a discord server. No forum meta
Lavender - multiple VC mafia games on a discord server. No forum meta
Long Con - Space Invaders on Syndicate. 1 Game.
Michelle - no meta
M Plus 7 - no meta
Scirrus - think we played 1 game or I specced 1 VC game on discord. No forum meta
tutuuu - Space Invaders on Syndicate. 1 Game.
Urist - no meta, they are modding a game that just started on mafia 451.

My quickfire reads based on what I have seen so far. Not going to hang on to these long, since they arent based on much, but I think it always helps others to sort my alignment out if I give my reads on every player in the game. This game isnt as mechanical as space invaders so there wont be huge posts on what i think would be good play and then trying to convince people as to why I think its correct. Dizzy, LC, or Tutuu might point to this and say "hes playing different froim last game, outted mafia". I dont think town Dizzy, LC, or Tutuu would do that and recognise the game type is substantially different.

Once some people do start claiming, I might start pushing for some mechanical plays.

My reads - based on D0. All subject to change once D1 kicks off etc.

1612 - No Posts yet

Alison - No Posts yet. I was hard pocketed by Alison for 99% of space invaders. I expect town Alison would expect me to be super paranoid of them all game. I probably will anyway.

cobbler - Null to town. trying to figure out who has meta with eachother.

Dyslexicon - confusing for me. Need to sort later. Giving out townreads like candy. Apparently this is in line with their townplay meta. Alison can confirm/correct me on this since they did a meta dive in Space Invaders, although they were mafia in that game. Dizzy scumreading me for not posting a wall (here it is buddy) is... confusing. I kind of read it as a trap post, rather than an actual scumread on me. I think Dizzy wants to find scum by seeing who agrees with the read that I am scum for not having posted a wall yet. If they keep pushing me for not writing mechanical walls, I would kind of scumread them, but I think they will back off this strat anyway now I have called it out as a potential tactic.

Kind of openwolfing maybe with all the scar references (roleclaiming characters is not allowed so not sure how much they are flirting with that rule). Feel pretty safe that they wouldnt kill me Night 1 since although I am now new to Syndicate, I am still new enough they would give me a N1 pass. Not 100% on that. A bit selfish of me to put this out there because now there are wifom reasons to keep me alive if they are mafia, but ho hum, I need my forum mafia fix and I like still being in the game.

jeraldooo - No Posts yet

Lavender - No Posts yet

Long Con - Totally Null. Probably intentional and I take it as NAI re that intent. I can never really read LC.

Michelle - Null off 1 post.

M Plus 7 - Null to town if I had to make a read GTH. I hate GTH reads because someone will ask why i flipped a read later on if i do flip it.

Scirrus - I read as hard scum.

"Lol I love this. Are you town? It would be cool if you are :)" - scummy imo

"(I swear if you let me get misyeeted this game I will have give you the worst berating a 9 can possibly give)" - implying town alignment again

" I hope we get to both be town again too! But only time will tell I suppose :srsnod:" - implying town alignment again

liking Urist for asking if they should wait to give townreads is weird to me. Someone asking if they should wait to give reads is more likely mafia trying to avoid giving reads for as long as possible to make their alignment more difficult to determine.

"Wouldn't it be awesome if we were all town" - implying town again

Overall I dislike the spamming of posts which just repeat that they are town, and how great it is to be town, and hoping others are town with them.

tutuuu - No Posts yet

Urist - I take the song as slightly scummy if anything. Reasoning? Trying too hard.

They scumread dizzy as 99% mafia. Not sure how they can do that this early. Reeks of a fake read or bussing for credit.

Softing PR this early is also kid of scummy imo. Its bad if you are really PR, and Urist is pretty good at mafia from looking at the insane setup they created on 451, and its confusing for town if you are softing as a vanilla town, and makes it more likely to make a real PR pressured to out. Overall I hate it.

"I am town, and yes it's very cool. I get so emotionally exhausted when playing scum, it's ridic. Glad I don't have to do that here" - dislike statements like these and read them as slightly scummy, might just need to get some more forum games under my belt since I seem to see a lot of these "phew im so glad im town" posts on day 1 in forum games.
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 313

Post by tutuu »

hillo

happy to have rolld town. been years since ive played as maf. if i could roll town for the rest of my life i wouldnt even complain. here is a wholesome meme i just sent a friend who asked me to try to cheer her up
Spoiler: show
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

I left Alison out of my consideration re whether they would call me mafia for not playing the same as Space Inavders. There is almost zero chance they make this allegation because then they know I would know they are mafia 100%. This might not make sense to anyone else, but I think town Alison undersstands what I am saying here. Basically, they just understand the game setup is not the same at all and they shouldnt expect similar style from me this game as previous.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Wow Urist that was an amazing poem!! do you write for fun?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 20

Post by dunya »

If anyone spectating would like a link to spec chat, please let me or juliets know!
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

MP7 tr for her excitement to start the game and inquisitiveness (is that a word?) to get the ball rolling and stuff
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

mm my eyes started glazing over towards the last part of day 1. i will need to eat breakfast first and focus.

i keep rolling around in my head the idea to townread urist but im not feeling it. or like i feel some paranoia about it. i wanna be correct i dont wanna make one single wrong read

i feel 0 paranoia about MP7 being town
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 329
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Scirrus wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:36 pm I like Urist for town already lol

Like the tone and think that asking if he should wait to give out reads is more likely to come from town
Think the tone is NAI, hesitancy to give reads is probably slightly scummy if anything, but not majorly so (since it can also come from hesitant town that doesn't know anything and doesn't want to be wrong).

On the other hand, MP7 is town.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

cobbler is town, proto is town, tutuu is town.
Alison

Post by Alison »

And I think Dizzy is probably town as well. That read is the one I'm least confident on but I liked the interaction with cobbler. Can anyone with a townread on Urist talk to me about them?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Urist wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:32 pm Should I be waiting until d1 official before giving reads or nah
Urist wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:38 pm i'm gonna have such a hard time getting used to phpbb again hah, i'm taking so long to write my posts.

dyslexicon (dizzy) seems like 99% mafia to me. do we call them shamelanders?

cobbler, scirrus and m+ look like pridelanders, posting d0 is more likely to be done by town anyway.
i kinda wanna tr urist for the first post and the bolded part of the second post. i dont think these are factually correct statements, i think that they're just thinking out loud in a way i can understand and empathize with? then i had a second thought that they might be scum for the second post because maybe they expressed that statement with a bit more confidence than i would so what if theyre scum TMIing / vibing with town. then i lost my post cuz i wanted to go back to check for their pronouns so i right clicked the left arrow at the top left of my browser and i thought it would go "back" in a new tab but it didnt and i lost my post so im rewriting now from memory and i feel like a boomer.

in conclusion, i think that urist is either town or scum. you're welcome guys
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

tutuu wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:32 am
Urist wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:32 pm Should I be waiting until d1 official before giving reads or nah
Urist wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:38 pm i'm gonna have such a hard time getting used to phpbb again hah, i'm taking so long to write my posts.

cobbler, scirrus and m+ look like pridelanders, posting d0 is more likely to be done by town anyway.
i kinda wanna tr urist for the first post and the bolded part of the second post. i dont think these are factually correct statements, i think that they're just thinking out loud in a way i can understand and empathize with? then i had a second thought that they might be scum for the second post because maybe they expressed that statement with a bit more confidence than i would so what if theyre scum TMIing / vibing with town. then i lost my post cuz i wanted to go back to check for their pronouns so i right clicked the left arrow at the top left of my browser and i thought it would go "back" in a new tab but it didnt and i lost my post so im rewriting now from memory and i feel like a boomer.

This reminds me of the last time tutuu was town.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

protocultures wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:03 am (snip)
Dizzy, LC, or Tutuu might point to this and say "hes playing different froim last game, outted mafia". I dont think town Dizzy, LC, or Tutuu would do that and recognise the game type is substantially different.
(snip)
i tr the first sentence. i feel like this pre-emptive focus on oneself usually comes from town more so than scum ime. or like at least being genuine about it. and maybe im confbiasing for the second sentence, but i wanna tr it too since its kind of a contradiction with the first sentence (towny contradiction). like first sentence is showing self-awareness that it might happen, and then in the second sentence i feel like proto more so meant that dizzy lc and tutuu SHOULDNT scumread proto for the different style, not that they wouldnt do so (which is again imo contradiction with the first sentence) and i townread these kinda stuff since it probably means its genuine and not manufactured
Alison

Post by Alison »

I feel like if proto was scum here he'd just play the way people expect him to play rather than going "I am deviating from my play in Space Invaders and here's why". It's not like it's a hard playstyle to fake.
Alison

Post by Alison »

tutuu wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:32 am

Why doesn't scum think out loud?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

scirrus is maybe the top poster but i dont feel like he has given me the "key" to unlock the "door" to his "mind" and figure out how he works. i cant get a read on him

gun to my head i dont have a read on dizzy as well and i wished this wasnt so since he wasnt hard at all to townread last game. this could be on my part (paranoia that i might be wrong) (or paranoia that i might be overestimating myself and "spreading myself too thin" which might result in inaccurate reads if i try too hard). i dunno

my biggest focus this game will be trying to read alison. i really wish that if shes scum i can catch her. this is me reading all of alison's posts carefully and trying to catch her scumslip

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:49 am Why doesn't scum think out loud?
well i guess they do but

i guess what i meant to say is that (like in general, not in this specific case) scum would have different thoughts than town. so like it would be different / or maybe i just cant word my gut feelings any better

i dont rly have a read on urist
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:48 am I feel like if proto was scum here he'd just play the way people expect him to play rather than going "I am deviating from my play in Space Invaders and here's why". It's not like it's a hard playstyle to fake.
You townread me. Will you townread me more if I say I'm still going to be super paranoid of being pocketed again?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

ive never played with a doublevoter before. i googled it and well to no surprise its a role that lets u have double votes. i wonder if its like a 2v1 scenario, and town chooses to no lynch. then instead of the mafia ending the game cuz it would be 1v1, if the double voter is the last living town they can use their double vote to hammer the last mafia. that'd be really funny. can that work? (i colored this green cuz yea its basicall non-game related lol. was just curious
Alison

Post by Alison »

protocultures wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:55 am
Alison wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:48 am I feel like if proto was scum here he'd just play the way people expect him to play rather than going "I am deviating from my play in Space Invaders and here's why". It's not like it's a hard playstyle to fake.
You townread me. Will you townread me more if I say I'm still going to be super paranoid of being pocketed again?
About the same amount. I don't see why my read of you should change because you said that, since I think it's largely NAI (you expressed the sentiment pregame, so you'll hold it to be true if town and will have to fake it if scum anyway), and so all the things I townread you for before have not changed.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:06 am
protocultures wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:55 am
About the same amount. I don't see why my read of you should change because you said that, since I think it's largely NAI (you expressed the sentiment pregame, so you'll hold it to be true if town and will have to fake it if scum anyway), and so all the things I townread you for before have not changed.
Yeah so I townread Alison but Alison owns my soul at mafia and nobody should sheep my read.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

If Alison doesn't have 200 posts and hasn't lynched at least 2 mafia by the end of day 0 then she's mafia.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:37 am Also, it means we can speed lynch Proto when D1 starts, so that's pretty cool.
"If there is any beef you better bring it to me with a knife and fork"
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:42 am And I think Dizzy is probably town as well. That read is the one I'm least confident on but I liked the interaction with cobbler. Can anyone with a townread on Urist talk to me about them?
[mention]Alison[/mention] can you confirm dizzy's meta for having a bunch of early townreads as town? Thoughts on likelihood dizzy is faking a bunch of early townreads to be consistent with this established meta?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Yea do that Alison
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 15
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I'm mostly skimming over Day 0 analysis posts. My Day 0 is check-in chill time.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Game game game game game
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

And proto did post a wall of wallstuff
Alison

Post by Alison »

tutuu wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:27 am If Alison doesn't have 200 posts and hasn't lynched at least 2 mafia by the end of day 0 then she's mafia.
stuff like this is why I feel obligated to bus a lot when I'm scum
Alison

Post by Alison »

protocultures wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:56 am
Alison wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:42 am And I think Dizzy is probably town as well. That read is the one I'm least confident on but I liked the interaction with cobbler. Can anyone with a townread on Urist talk to me about them?
@Alison can you confirm dizzy's meta for having a bunch of early townreads as town? Thoughts on likelihood dizzy is faking a bunch of early townreads to be consistent with this established meta?
I did an entire meta trawl on them in Space Invaders! Like, I was doing it for a nefarious purpose, but I did read their games, and I think this seems pretty in line with what Dizzy usually does as town. It can be faked, of course, but they aren't doing anything out of the ordinary here and they give me good vibes with the way they talked about cobbler and their general enthusiasm for the game. (Dizzy hates playing scum and I expect them to be less enthusiastic in general if they're mafia.)
Urist
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 210

Post by Urist »

tutuu wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:41 am Wow Urist that was an amazing poem!! do you write for fun?
Thanks! I don't write for fun (outside of flavour for LotR mafia games), but maybe I should, I seem to be really ridiculously good at it.
tutuu wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:02 am ive never played with a doublevoter before. i googled it and well to no surprise its a role that lets u have double votes. i wonder if its like a 2v1 scenario, and town chooses to no lynch. then instead of the mafia ending the game cuz it would be 1v1, if the double voter is the last living town they can use their double vote to hammer the last mafia. that'd be really funny. can that work? (i colored this green cuz yea its basicall non-game related lol. was just curious
The doublevoter can't use their ability in lylo.
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

tutuu has townie diction
Alison

Post by Alison »

Urist wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:43 am tutuu has townie diction
What does this mean?
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:45 am What does this mean?
the words tutuu chooses to use seem like they were chosen by town
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

protocultures wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:03 am [Wall]
A couple of things. I give town reads (or scum reads) if I have them early game. Doesn't always happen, just if I get a feeling for someone (easier with meta). Anyway, I think I had like 7 town reads on D0 in Space Invaders and they were all correct. Not saying this is always going to happen, I'm not that magical, but it is possible to read people off of small things and details, which is often how I get my reads early on (and probably how I should get most of my reads for the whole game which I'm definitely alive for. I'm also not open wolfing, I'm just in love with Scar. Let me feel my oats. I'm actually open towning. =p

I'm going to be transparent with you and say that I didn't actually scum read you off of zero posts lol. I just thought you were a player likely to give some reaction or take it more seriously. And you're reaction was kind of feeling out if I was serious and kind of saying I shouldn't keep doing it.Which we'll see. =) What I will say is that you seem very self aware here. I wish I had seen your scum game, cause I remember you saying you weren't past your scum range at a point last game where I felt you were past most people's scum game.

Also, I disagree with your read on Scirrus for those things and that saying you're happy to be town is scummy in general. I actually think the opposite usually. Depends on how genuine it seems, but I know a lot of players who prefer town much more than scum, myself included. Scirrus should do things though, but he vibes like normal Scirrus to me. But we have all the time in the world to figure this out.

Small thing, but why is would it be a problem to explain why you potentially flipped a read? Can't you just explain why you flipped it? Really not trying to throw shade here, but it's just confusing to me. I know we have very different styles, so I'm more so trying to get even more into how you think about the game.
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

Alison's town
proto said it himself, it would be literally impossible for him to commit to the same playstyle as Space Invaders, and the main reason for why he's saying it seems to be so that he isn't scumread for having a different playstyle.
If anything, proto saying he'll have a different playstyle is slightly scummy.
Giving him a townread for it is scummy as well.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:38 am
tutuu wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:27 am If Alison doesn't have 200 posts and hasn't lynched at least 2 mafia by the end of day 0 then she's mafia.
stuff like this is why I feel obligated to bus a lot when I'm scum
Hi, Alison. You are scary. Will you bus this game? Please do, I'll be watching.

Return to “Previous Heists”