The Shining: Night 6

Moderator: Community Team

Great party, isn't it?

Yes, it is!
15%
I don't think it's a very nice party at all.
15%
Llama is never allowed to host again.
15%
Not as good as the party in Hawaii, I bet. (host/mod/dead)
54%

Total votes: 13
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 87
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: The Shining: Day 1

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I actually had no idea you even voted for me until I went to vote, lol. Care to explain that one, bud?
Because you obviously don't pay attention?
What?

Votes don't even show up until you vote or press the "show" button. You never even bolded your vote for me in the thread; how was I supposed to know you voted for me?

Plus, you ignored my question. I was asking why you voted for me. You couldn't have voted for me for something that hadn't happened yet because obviously you were the first to vote.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I realize your post saying "now something did" with the winky face was your vote for me, but I didn't realize you actually voted for me right there and then until I went to go vote just now. So.. care to explain>?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 29

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I actually had no idea you even voted for me until I went to vote, lol. Care to explain that one, bud?
What?

Votes don't even show up until you vote or press the "show" button. You never even bolded your vote for me in the thread; how was I supposed to know you voted for me?

Plus, you ignored my question. I was asking why you voted for me. You couldn't have voted for me for something that hadn't happened yet because obviously you were the first to vote.
Yeah, I could. I'm...gifted.

All work an no play, right? Wright? Rick Wright? Pink Floyd? Floyd? Lloyd? Lloyd the Bartender? Bar? Beer?

Yes please. I'll have another, thanks.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 79

Post by thellama73 »

I meant to post this back at the beginning, but I forgot so I'm posting it now.

If your win condition appears to be unfulfillable early in the game, please do not despair. Things can change.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
What?

Yeah, I could. I'm...gifted.

All work an no play, right? Wright? Rick Wright? Pink Floyd? Floyd? Lloyd? Lloyd the Bartender? Bar? Beer?

Yes please. I'll have another, thanks.
I see, so you had no reason. That's OK. Just was curious if you did. ;)
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I foresaw your foolishness, so I called you out on it...which led to your foolishness:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I will be voting for the first person to self-vote.

If that doesn't happen, I'm tempted to vote for Epig for trying too hard to act like the grammar police, but I'm not sure I'll actually act on that desire. I'm sure something better will emerge... I hope.
1. Vote for the first person to self vote
2. Vote for me for criticizing grammar (that would be like me voting for you for calling someone out on shitty math)
MovingPictures07 wrote:I'd much rather vote for the lowest poster than for Epig being a grammar Nazi, even though it is annoying. :P

Not sure I'll do that though. However, I will have to vote either tonight or tomorrow morning before work, as I won't be back in time.
3. Go online at work in between bookkeeping sessions. You can do it. One, I used to work for an accountant (boring shit), and two, that's how I know that bookkeeping is spelled like it is.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Well, nothing has struck me as suspicious at all. I suppose I could overanalyze Epig's behavior as S~V~S did, seeing it as squashing discussion, or likewise I could overanalyze her vote, etc. etc.

But I'm tired of that and I want to continue improving and shifting up my mafia game style. As a result, I'm going to do something new for lack of anything better. I'm going to vote for the player with the most posts in the thread.

I actually had to check to make sure this wasn't me. Lol.

votes Epignosis
4. Congratulations on not analyzing shit. You didn't analyze at all. You wanted to do something radically different, so you...went with someone else.

You win the M. Night S. Award for that twist.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

No one self-voted by the time I voted. And I was being facetious with my comment about voting you for the grammar policing, lol, like I said earlier, I just wanted to see how you'd respond. It's called shaking the tree.

And yes, I realize I could go online at work, but I work at a CPA firm, and I often times prefer not to goof off during my lunch periods, assuming I even get one. I would much rather just vote tonight knowing I had the time to vote, rather than feeling pressured at work knowing I still have to vote and have to find time to get online and do so. I don't like that lingering responsibility over me. Plus, you voted way before I did, and yet here you are still talking. So who are you to call me out on that?

What is there to analyze? You think there is seriously something telling as to someone's alignment with what everyone has posted so far? Good for you. I don't.

And just because I'm having this back and forth with you doesn't even give me any indication as to your intentions. I frankly believe it's near impossible to tell that from anyone at this moment. That being said, I still stand by my vote, as I wanted to try something new, in lack of any sort of ping on anyone, and get a response. So that I did do. I'm sorry I voted for you if you are a civvie (though the win conditions seem bizarre here), but my vote had to go to someone, so it is what it is.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:No one self-voted by the time I voted. And I was being facetious with my comment about voting you for the grammar policing, lol, like I said earlier, I just wanted to see how you'd respond. It's called shaking the tree.

And yes, I realize I could go online at work, but I work at a CPA firm, and I often times prefer not to goof off during my lunch periods, assuming I even get one. I would much rather just vote tonight knowing I had the time to vote, rather than feeling pressured at work knowing I still have to vote and have to find time to get online and do so. I don't like that lingering responsibility over me. Plus, you voted way before I did, and yet here you are still talking. So who are you to call me out on that?

What is there to analyze? You think there is seriously something telling as to someone's alignment with what everyone has posted so far? Good for you. I don't.

And just because I'm having this back and forth with you doesn't even give me any indication as to your intentions. I frankly believe it's near impossible to tell that from anyone at this moment. That being said, I still stand by my vote, as I wanted to try something new, in lack of any sort of ping on anyone, and get a response. So that I did do. I'm sorry I voted for you if you are a civvie (though the win conditions seem bizarre here), but my vote had to go to someone, so it is what it is.
Trust me- you didn't shake my tree. Only my wife does that. ;)

I'll just leave this note here for the rest of the folks:

It's not a good idea to vote for me, so don't do it.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 101
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:No one self-voted by the time I voted. And I was being facetious with my comment about voting you for the grammar policing, lol, like I said earlier, I just wanted to see how you'd respond. It's called shaking the tree.

That's ominous and doesn't sit well with me. I feel like you are trying to bully us out of voting for you.

(This has nothing to do with the grammar corrections, by the way. I get that that is your thing and I respect that.)
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Not bullying- you'll see if I'm dead, but I like not being dead, know what I mean?

And grammar isn't my thing. It's my career.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Epignosis wrote:Not bullying- you'll see if I'm dead, but I like not being dead, know what I mean?

And grammar isn't my thing. It's my career.
You seem very defensive. You don't seem like this in the other game or past games I've browsed through. Taking yourself very seriously because you have something to hide? Got some baddie goodness planned for this isolated hotel, yes? Or perhaps you just feel ganged up on, which would not be a nice feeling.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Hedgeowl »

Epignosis wrote:

Not only does this movie scare me, but now I am afraid to post for fear of grammer, spelling, and punctuation. Then there's the fear of being lynched, and now you've added the fear that I might regret voting you for an unknown scary reason.

Oh, and the fear that if either MP or you aren't lynched today, I will have to read excessively long discussion posts every day.
:overreact:
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I know - things got intense quickly! But we're all still friends here. Right?

Our time to figure out our votes is quickly evaporating. I really don't want to regret my vote (whatever it will be).
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Well, after rereading their entire exchange, I no longer suspect Epi or MP. I'll elaborate tomorrow morning after coffee.

I am back to not have any suspects.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

EBWOP: having. I'm sleepy.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Zany Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Zany Dex »

Is it just me or does anyone see another golden!?

Anyways, as I read, I see a frustrated epig making threats, that'd not cool.

And MP what seems to be enjoying winding him up,

I always saw golden as a baddie so I'm not going to vote epig just yet, give him a chance I think.
a stopped clock is right twice a day
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 54

Post by Vompatti »

i vote MP cos i liek grammer
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 113

Post by Snow Dog »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:I am not voting for anyone. So there!
Why?

Someone might get hurt.

Why don't we just get along? No one gets lynched, nobody sends in Night kills. Peace and harmony.
Then we can concentrate on our grammar more.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Only here for just a few minutes before I walk out the door. Wow, I have another vote. Thanks, Vomps. Are you going to vote me on Day 1 every game we play together? Lol.

I do think Epig's "threat" is a bit weird, but I've never played with him as a civvie (yet), so I am hesitant to always read him as bad.

Dex, I did not enjoy "winding him up". That's not my style. I realize now I should have just put my damn comment about voting him for grammar in sarcastic orange, even though it wasn't even really sarcastic. People should know me better than to think I'd make an ACTUAL vote based off of something like that (especially since I have nothing against grammar), I thought, but apparently not.

Interesting comparison though. You could say Epig's playstyle is really similar to Golden's. I hadn't thought of that previously.

I still stand by my vote because I honestly am sick of getting myself all worked up on Day 1 over something that I think is so important or allegiance-telling, even if slightly, and I usually end up being wrong. I'm done with that. I'm all about constantly trying to improve my game, and now that I've played so many games, I realize that usually my Day 1 thoughts are full of BS when I actually have any. I don't have any here because I'm trying to avoid such logical fallacies.

Anyway, work time now. I REALLY hope I don't freaking die because if I get lynched on Day 1 it's really frustrating. Literally EVERY game I play anymore I get at least a few votes on Day 1. Every. Single. Game. I could rattle off at least the last 7 or 8 games I've played and I'm confident it applies.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Snow Dog wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Why?

Someone might get hurt.

Why don't we just get along? No one gets lynched, nobody sends in Night kills. Peace and harmony.
Oh, and I forgot to respond to this. Just real quickly here.

I assume you're not being serious. I realize it sucks to vote someone off on Day 1, but someone has to go.
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

One thing I did note about golden was he was even more aggressive/frustrated as civvie than ever as baddie
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 33

Post by Nevinera »

I'll be back in a little bit, but I definitely read this as a Civ Epignosis, and that's *because* he is not playing like any time before.
He's been bad basically every game he's played in - I think this flailing is him reacting to not having any actual information to work with.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Nevinera wrote:I'll be back in a little bit, but I definitely read this as a Civ Epignosis, and that's *because* he is not playing like any time before.
He's been bad basically every game he's played in - I think this flailing is him reacting to not having any actual information to work with.
Yeah, after thinking about it for a spell, that's why I backed off. Thanks for being so astute, Nev.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

From the book (I've seen the movie, but don't remember it clearly), I suspect that the hotel has an ugly win-condition.
(I hope theorizing about wincons we *don't* know is alright, Llama?)

I'm particularly worried about the 'threats' floating around - I suspect that they actually indicate some hidden knowledge about outcomes. There are a couple of characters with 'secrets', and in particular I'm concerned what might happen if we lynch the hotel itself.

(I think the bartender probably has one of those powers that can do various things - most likely with names for each capability based on proper mixed drinks. Cause I don't think Llama could help himself ;-) )
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Snow Dog wrote: Someone might get hurt.

I'm with you!
I wish everyone could just enjoy their vacation and friendly ghosts..
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Well, I have very little to work with, and I'm not confident I'll be around before the poll closes, so I'm going to toss one out there.

Snow? I'll vote for you, because I don't think anyone else will. Feel free to vote for me too, it won't bother me.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Bullzeye »

Snow Dog wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Why?

Someone might get hurt.

Irregardless of what Epi has been up to I think grammar ain't not something we need to concern ourselfs with in this game. That being (painfully) said, I have no idea who I want to vote for today but I'm probably gonna have to vote early in all my games because I may be going out later if my friends remember the plans we made while drunk.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Why?

Someone might get hurt.

Oh, and I forgot to respond to this. Just real quickly here.

I assume you're not being serious. I realize it sucks to vote someone off on Day 1, but someone has to go.
Yes, but not the wrong person.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

.gnillet gnieb pu dedne sesnopser eht tub ,teews os saw tI .dab era yeht if enoyreve ksa ot emag siht ni nomiS dah ew hsiw I .noos ni etov ym teg ot gniog ma I os ,rekaerb-eit eht eb ot tnaw t'nod yllaer I ,lleW
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 54

Post by Vompatti »

Mongoose wrote:.gnillet gnieb pu dedne sesnopser eht tub ,teews os saw tI .dab era yeht if enoyreve ksa ot emag siht ni nomiS dah ew hsiw I .noos ni etov ym teg ot gniog ma I os ,rekaerb-eit eht eb ot tnaw t'nod yllaer I ,lleW
This text seems to be reversed. :ponder:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Vompatti wrote:
Mongoose wrote:.gnillet gnieb pu dedne sesnopser eht tub ,teews os saw tI .dab era yeht if enoyreve ksa ot emag siht ni nomiS dah ew hsiw I .noos ni etov ym teg ot gniog ma I os ,rekaerb-eit eht eb ot tnaw t'nod yllaer I ,lleW
This text seems to be reversed. :ponder:
?ydaerla hguone tnerehocni dna gnisufnoc ton I mA ?em ot siht did ohW .driew yllaer si taht ,mmH
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Anything to do with the redrum thing?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

This is an interesting turn of events on Day 1. Also, I miss Simon too! More insightful than most of us it turns out.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Hedgeowl wrote:This is an interesting turn of events on Day 1. Also, I miss Simon too! More insightful than most of us it turns out.
.etutsa yrev deedni saw eH .enildaed eht ot era ew esolc woh eveileb neve t'nac I
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I hope people don't think there will be no consequences for missing votes.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

thellama73 wrote:I hope people don't think there will be no consequences for missing votes.
Well on that note I am voting Snow for his peace and happiness quest. Welcome to the Overlook hotel, we are almost all gonna die.

I have done the ghost tour at the Stanley hotel in Colorado where King based his novel. Definitely couldn't stay there after that, but the haunted thing seemed pretty trumped up for tourists.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Ebwop: Votes Snow
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

In that case it seems I have to break a three-way tie or spread the vote further. I'm gonna vote for the only person to currently have votes that I can see an actual case against, which is Epi.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

* eyezlluB setoV *

.dnik ni em rof etov uoy fi uoy tsniaga ti dloh t'now ylsuoivbo I .won thgir tog evah I lla ylsuoires is taht esuaceb uoy etov ot gniog ma I os ,yadot uoy rof detov sah esle eno oN .gnihtemos gnidih era uoy snaem ti ebyam tub ,ecnaigella yna rof citcat a eb dluoc sihT .elbourt ni flesruoy teg ot gnihtyna yas ton ot luferac yrev gnieb osla era uoy tub ,dnuora era uoy taht eciton ot su rof hguone tsuj gnitsop neeb ev'uoy ,eyezlluB
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Hedgeowl wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I hope people don't think there will be no consequences for missing votes.
Well on that note I am voting Snow for his peace and happiness quest. Welcome to the Overlook hotel, we are almost all gonna die.

I have done the ghost tour at the Stanley hotel in Colorado where King based his novel. Definitely couldn't stay there after that, but the haunted thing seemed pretty trumped up for tourists.
?hguoht ti htrow ti saw ,hoooO
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Snow Dog wrote:Anything to do with the redrum thing?

.D ywonS ,ereht gnihtemos (?otno ro) ot no era uoy teb I
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Mongoose wrote:* eyezlluB setoV *

.dnik ni em rof etov uoy fi uoy tsniaga ti dloh t'now ylsuoivbo I .won thgir tog evah I lla ylsuoires is taht esuaceb uoy etov ot gniog ma I os ,yadot uoy rof detov sah esle eno oN .gnihtemos gnidih era uoy snaem ti ebyam tub ,ecnaigella yna rof citcat a eb dluoc sihT .elbourt ni flesruoy teg ot gnihtyna yas ton ot luferac yrev gnieb osla era uoy tub ,dnuora era uoy taht eciton ot su rof hguone tsuj gnitsop neeb ev'uoy ,eyezlluB
That's fine but I will just say if you read any of the four games I'm in or have recently died in you may notice a recurring theme of me excusing myself for being quiet due to having been ill for the past few days ;)
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

:evileye:
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

Why is mongoose posting backwards, and don't you have the reverse option? Normally when you quote the reversed post it shows it in its normal presence.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I will not be missing it. I will be deliberately not voting.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Bullzeye wrote:

That's fine but I will just say if you read any of the four games I'm in or have recently died in you may notice a recurring theme of me excusing myself for being quiet due to having been ill for the past few days ;)
!noos retteb leef uoy epoh od I -- won tsuj emag rehto eht ni taht deciton I
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Snow Dog wrote:
I will not be missing it. I will be deliberately not voting.
That is, of course, your choice. For future reference, anyone who does not vote forfeits the use of their night power the following night.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

EBWOP: The above applies to lynch votes. Nighttime votes have a difference consequence.

Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

So snow dog you still refusing to vote now?
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Zany Dex wrote:Why is mongoose posting backwards, and don't you have the reverse option? Normally when you quote the reversed post it shows it in its normal presence.
.erehwemos gnihtemos ot no neeb evah tsum I !yas I yas I ,egatobas fo foorp diloS
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”