Welcome to Night Vale Mafia [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 98
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Re: Welcome to Night Vale Mafia

Post by LoRab »

And on reread, wilgy's comment was more about virgins and unicorns than the cerberus part of lc's post.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 173

Post by Epignosis »

From my end, fiber can take a hike. And it has.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:12 pm
Made wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:33 pm Tony, Jack, and Neverwhere: I have never played with you all before. Hello! It is nice to meet you! Good Luck in this game!
Nice to meet you too!

And to all the players who haven't played with me or who have only played with me in Pokémon, I look forward to experiencing your mafia play.

Gonna be hard with no vote changing to signal intent. I vote for marking "intention to vote" posts with :feb: :feb: so we know what to look for.
:feb: :feb:
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Yeah, when I see you post that, Epi, I can't help but think that you're declaring yourself a FEB.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

^^ That should have been orange.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

LoRab wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:16 am Yeah, when I see you post that, Epi, I can't help but think that you're declaring yourself a FEB.
Really? I was announcing my suspicion of TonyStarkPrime in a way of which he would approve.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

LOL. That makes so much more sense now. Why do you suspect him?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

LoRab wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:23 am LOL. That makes so much more sense now. Why do you suspect him?
Here's why:
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:19 pm
Elohcin wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:19 pm As long as we keep up with the thread, the unchangeable votes shouldn't be a problem. If you need to take notes as to who is suspecting who throughout the day, then do so. I don't think we need to assifn a specific emoji to that. What if I want to use that emoji for fun?
It might help for searching the thread to check vote patterns. It just might be good to come up with a way to do that.
The hedging language here (might, just might) tells me he isn't really invested in his own idea. If TonyStarkPrime were serious about finding a useful way to track votes in the thread, he wouldn't suggest one idea, get thwarted by Eloh, and then just say "It just might be good to come up with a way to do that." He is talking about how to track something that doesn't matter, since even when votes can be changed, it isn't like we can see who voted for whom when.

"But Epi, you don't know TonyStarkPrime! What if this is how he normally is?"
Spoiler: show
I don't care.
"But Epi, didn't he die Day 1 in Pokemon? Wouldn't it be cruel to lynch him Day 1 here?"
See above.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 483

Post by Golden »

We all know you care, Epignosis. The secret is out.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:38 am We all know you care, Epignosis. The secret is out.
I care that my name is spelled correctly.
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 17
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Epignoesis wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:42 am
Golden wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:38 am We all know you care, Epignosis. The secret is out.
I care that my name is spelled correctly.
I see why that might be frustrating. Short names that are simple are the way I choose to go typically. Have you played with all the users in this game in the past previously that are here now?
Pov: you reading my takes
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I can't make a joke to save the lives of the people in the city in the pin return in the bowling alley.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 107

Post by DrWilgy »

Made wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:03 pm Ok, so I've read the thread a few times. Based on the reads I have read, a mafia team of Neverever, Lorab and Wilgy seems like the choice that would make the most sense to choose. Putting my vote there for now. Does anyone else see things with which i am seeing?

Capo reads on the way
Absolutely. It's the lines in the sky that connect us right? You can see them and no one else can? I know you aren't crazy Made.
LoRab wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:43 pm I'm assuming the wilgy connection comes form his comment about the Cerberus stuff with LC...which, reading back, is interesting. I mentioned it to LC based on very old history back from LP days. Anyone who has that history, I don't think, would question my asking him about that (lovingly). But Wilgy isn't from that era....which makes me curious what his intention was with is comment on that conversation.
Golden wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:40 pm
LoRab wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:38 pmNot true at all from my end.
I find this unreasonably funny.
I aim to amuse? I just meant that I know I'm not mafia and that I can't speak for the other 2 mentioned.
Wut?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 170

Post by Ricochet »

Made
Hitman
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re : Welcome to Night Vale Mafia - The Syndicate

Post by Made »

Hi Rico hru?

Sent from my motorola XT1585 Using Ez Forum for Android
Pov: you reading my takes
Neverwhere
The Mark

Post by Neverwhere »

Made wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:33 pm Tony, Jack, and Neverwhere: I have never played with you all before. Hello! It is nice to meet you! Good Luck in this game!
HI Made! It's really nice to meet you too. :) Looking forward to playing with you.

Also lol. Who called me Neverever. After Pokemon I'm looking forward to the creative name fuck ups.
TonyStarkPrime
Posts in topic: 140
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:34 am
LoRab wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:23 am LOL. That makes so much more sense now. Why do you suspect him?
Here's why:
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:19 pm
Elohcin wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:19 pm As long as we keep up with the thread, the unchangeable votes shouldn't be a problem. If you need to take notes as to who is suspecting who throughout the day, then do so. I don't think we need to assifn a specific emoji to that. What if I want to use that emoji for fun?
It might help for searching the thread to check vote patterns. It just might be good to come up with a way to do that.
The hedging language here (might, just might) tells me he isn't really invested in his own idea. If TonyStarkPrime were serious about finding a useful way to track votes in the thread, he wouldn't suggest one idea, get thwarted by Eloh, and then just say "It just might be good to come up with a way to do that." He is talking about how to track something that doesn't matter, since even when votes can be changed, it isn't like we can see who voted for whom when.

"But Epi, you don't know TonyStarkPrime! What if this is how he normally is?"
I don't care.
"But Epi, didn't he die Day 1 in Pokemon? Wouldn't it be cruel to lynch him Day 1 here?"
See above.
Ooh. Forgot about how the polls worked. (In case my language gets misconstrued again, forgot here means "I neglected to consider") Back on my home site we do the whole "vote in bold in-post" thing, so I typically play with a pretty trackable record and that influences how I play. Even here it would be easier to check in on the thread, look at votes, and have an idea where we stand, and if I recall correctly from Mass Effect, we would mark votes with orange so we would have that record. I assume that is more or less a standard thing.

I don't quite understand the whole hedging thing. I had an idea, someone said "I don't like that idea" and then I said "well maybe there is another way". Which to me would suggest that I'm still invested in the general idea. The word "might" is more of a "I'm not going to force an idea through if people don't want it" than a "well, I don't really care about what I'm saying".
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 107

Post by DrWilgy »

INH! TSP! I see you down there!

INH what do you think of Elohchin? What do you think of me and TSP?

TSP what do you think of me and INH? What do you think of DF?

What is your favorite color? And where is that screaming coming from?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Help me out here: how do I see all of somebody's posts? Is there a way to do that?
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 119

Post by insertnamehere »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:39 am INH! TSP! I see you down there!

INH what do you think of Elohchin? What do you think of me and TSP?

TSP what do you think of me and INH? What do you think of DF?

What is your favorite color? And where is that screaming coming from?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 209

Post by speedchuck »

Made wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:13 am Have you played with all the users in this game in the past previously that are here now?
:ponder:

Made, what is the purpose/meaning/point/idea/mission of this question?
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 82
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Have you ever looked at the sun? Like, really looked at it? Try it. Go ahead. No, really: go ahead. Take a good, hard look.

Yes. Just like that. No, don't squint. You won't be able to see anything with your eyes closed like that! Open your eyes. Wider. Even wider. Yes. Perfect.

Notice the features of the sun. See those dark specks? Those are sunspots, caused by the Magnetic Field Flux War of 1957. I'm sure you have a grandparent or two that could tell you some fantastic stories about their time during the War, and maybe about a particular sunspot or two that they hold dear to their hearts. Now, look around the sun. See the flames rising in the daylight? Well, those aren't flames at all - that is the corona, and you should never touch it under any circumstances.

Did you know that all stars in the night sky are suns, just like ours? Because if you did, you should report to Town Hall immediately for re-education.

This has been Children's Fun Fact Science Corner.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:16 am I can't make a joke to save the lives of the people in the city in the pin return in the bowling alley.
Technically, the city is under bowling alley itself (or at least under lane 5, but it's implied that it's larger than that). The entrance is under the pin return of lane 5.
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:44 am
LoRab wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:43 pm I'm assuming the wilgy connection comes form his comment about the Cerberus stuff with LC...which, reading back, is interesting. I mentioned it to LC based on very old history back from LP days. Anyone who has that history, I don't think, would question my asking him about that (lovingly). But Wilgy isn't from that era....which makes me curious what his intention was with is comment on that conversation.
Golden wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:40 pm
LoRab wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:38 pmNot true at all from my end.
I find this unreasonably funny.
I aim to amuse? I just meant that I know I'm not mafia and that I can't speak for the other 2 mentioned.
Wut?
I retracted after this post, upon rereading your posts.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:53 am Help me out here: how do I see all of somebody's posts? Is there a way to do that?
Click where it says Isolate Posts by [name] under their name and avi to see all their posts from this game. To see all their posts from ever, go to their profile and there's a thing to click on see all their posts.

linkitis: LOVING your host posts!! It's almost like the show isn't on hiatus.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

What's a FEB?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Long Con wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:41 pm Is that a soap Kraken?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_in_My_Pocket

Pocket monsters. Who'd have thought something like that could be popular?
Hi!

Spoiler alert: Jack is a tryhard, Tony is awesome and rarely scum and Never doesn't know how to be a townie, yet, so cut him(?) some slack.

PS: How did Sprityo make it into this game? I tried (not really) to cut him out of it by recruiting Tony so the mafia wouldn't kill me on N1 again. Yet here he is. Did someone drop or is Doc bad at counting?
Dom wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:18 pm tony we played in pokemon together what do u think of me? :D
:haha:

(Don't mind me. Just time traveling. :nicenod: )
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:56 pm PS: How did Sprityo make it into this game? I tried (not really) to cut him out of it by recruiting Tony so the mafia wouldn't kill me on N1 again. Yet here he is. Did someone drop or is Doc bad at counting?
If you die night one, we can just lynch Sprit on D2.

FEB == :feb: == bad guy, I assume
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:52 pm What's a FEB?
It stands for Fucking Evil Bastard (or Bitch, depending on whom it is describing). It's a term of endearment, for dastardly genius kind of baddies. :FEB: is the official FEB smiley, created by Long Con, at my request, and based loosely on a player who hasn't played for a very long time.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Aaaaaand that's it.

Most inclined to vote Sprityo for self preservation lolololol or Epi for picking on someone he may view as weak.

Epi has seen Tony twice. Once, in a mediocre town performance in ME (sorry, Tony. I've seen you do better) and once when he got himself modkilled and lynched with only one post.

Does Epi care? No. Is that good as a townie? Yes. Is it a great cover to push a bad lynch? For sure.

Tony hasn't said anything to make me think he is good or bad.

Someone ask me a question.

Linki@ Speed

All the more reason to lynch Sprityo and save us both the trouble. :p
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:09 pm Aaaaaand that's it.

Most inclined to vote Sprityo for self preservation lolololol or Epi for picking on someone he may view as weak.

Epi has seen Tony twice. Once, in a mediocre town performance in ME (sorry, Tony. I've seen you do better) and once when he got himself modkilled and lynched with only one post.

Does Epi care? No. Is that good as a townie? Yes. Is it a great cover to push a bad lynch? For sure.

Linki@ Speed

Yeah, my syndicate play has definitely not been good.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 82
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:53 am Help me out here: how do I see all of somebody's posts? Is there a way to do that?
The player list on the first page has also been updated with links to individual posts.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 198
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Long Con wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:46 pm
Isn't it, like...

"Is that a motherfucking JoJo reference?!"
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Linki@ Speed

I was thinking the exact same thing!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Well I've read enough. Mostly of what I wanted.

Same ole same ole, I want to policy lynch jack because he's a :feb: but anyone with half a brain should know this is all banter that me and jack have and have little to no proof to actually want the other lynch outside of past grudges

Moving on, I'm gonna call it off the top of me head that........ Rico is mafia aligned. Yeah that's a good guess. I feel satisfied in my bowels about that statement

Also griffin was listed at least twice as the favorite creature and that just enforces the popular opinion that griffins are in fact the best.

Oh also epi is town or indi.

Making predictions based off no substantial information is fun ain't it?
Banners:
ImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

sprityo wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:06 pm Making predictions based off no substantial information is fun ain't it?
So is undermining all of your own statements so that you look like you're making content, when you're really not. :mafia:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 24
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Been reading along but don't really have anything to add. I hate Day 1. I trust no one. Y'all are cool and funny but I haven't seen anything in particular to make me trust or suspect any individual over others.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

And now, the weather. *farts* :sax:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

speedchuck wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:18 pm
sprityo wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:06 pm Making predictions based off no substantial information is fun ain't it?
So is undermining all of your own statements so that you look like you're making content, when you're really not. :mafia:
Am I allowed to actually suspect Sprityo? :ponder: On paper, this looks bad. Additionally, announcing to everyone that me and him are joking is a bit...defensive, perhaps. :smoky:

I don't think I've ever town read Sprit, though. Double lynched in ASOUE and I saw no difference between day 1 town Sprityo and day 2 scum replacement Sprityo. Suspected him until almost the end in ME as one of the two remaining not-my-team bad guys. Didn't really think one way or the other about him in Pokemon when he was bad.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'll have a hard time lynching Sprityo early. I'm hoping I start getting a real bead on him this game. We'll see.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Aw man I wish Dizzy were playing this one. And DH too. With all the goofy thread banter it feels like they should be here. Oh and Marmot too. :sigh:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Why is the poll locked so that we can't vote? Or is that just me?

I'm not voting for Tony.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I am good at reading: Dom, LC, Nut, Speed

I can kinda read: Doc, Golden, Tony

I always scum read: DF, Eloh

I'm not so great at reading: Epi, Sprityo, INH, Never

I've never/barely played with: Boom, Made, Rico, Lorab, Timmer

So anybody from the bolded lists I suppose. Back and forthing on my new SL, Sprityo. I'll let his reactions determine how much free pass he gets.

Linki: I miss Marmot.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 170

Post by Ricochet »

sprityo wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:06 pm
Moving on, I'm gonna call it off the top of me head that........ Rico is mafia aligned. Yeah that's a good guess. I feel satisfied in my bowels about that statement
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I think we should launch a 'find and return Marmot' campaign.
Neverwhere
The Mark

Post by Neverwhere »

Neverwhere is a female but I can be a man for the syndicate if it makes things easier on you all.

Day 1 sucks. Someone ping me, quick.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Golden wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:09 pm I think we should launch a 'find and return Marmot' campaign.
I thought that was already a thing.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:29 pm
Golden wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:09 pm I think we should launch a 'find and return Marmot' campaign.
Dammit, I'm so out of the loop!

I don't think I've ever played with Neverwhere and she was a civilian. So it doesn't surprise me that she found the idea entirely foreign in Pokemon.

can ya read me Jack, can ya? :p
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I've so far had reverse pings from Made, LoRab and Tony. If no one ever looks suspicious I'll vote amongst the people who haven't given me reasons to get town pings from them. I'd give this a fancy name but I don't want to make anyone upset :feb:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Golden wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:30 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:29 pm
Dammit, I'm so out of the loop!

I don't think I've ever played with Neverwhere and she was a civilian. So it doesn't surprise me that she found the idea entirely foreign in Pokemon.

can ya read me Jack, can ya? :p
You bet. :grin:

I'll let you guess your alignment on Day 4 and then I'll tell you if you guessed right.

Linki: I'd ask you why but apparently, multimafia strategy is to hide the townies so baddies shoot each other (ASOUE) instead of the town (ME).
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Linki@ Speed

Weak?

If I thought TonyStarkPrime was weak, I'd leave him alone.

You don't see me coming after you, do you? :shifty:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Epignosis wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:36 pm

Linki@ Speed

Weak?

If I thought TonyStarkPrime was weak, I'd leave him alone.

You don't see me coming after you, do you? :shifty:
:fist:
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

@Golden: Is a reverse ping, like you think I might be good?
nutella wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:02 pm Aw man I wish Dizzy were playing this one. And DH too. With all the goofy thread banter it feels like they should be here. Oh and Marmot too. :sigh:
If mountains don't exist, do marmots even exist at all?

Return to “Previous Side Missions”