JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 457
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: [Day 0] Triskaidekaphobia Mafia

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scotty wrote: :shrug2:
I'm giving you a "little twitch". I'm sorry it's on you.
I don't give a fart if you or anyone else suspects me, that is irrelevant to anything I say about you. You know me better than that by now.
Scotty wrote:By listing your #3 preference as getting lynched above a no-lynch, yes, I think you would be willing be lynched above a no-lynch. Why even mention that?
I was illustrating just how terrible I think a no lynch is. I was making it crystal clear that I think it's awful, abysmal, and whatever other strongly negative adjectives you might cook up.

I didn't say I am willing to be lynched. I said it's better than a no lynch. I hate both options. I shouldn't have to clarify that I would not be in favor of being lynched. This is stating the absolute obvious, and that's why I think you're suspicious -- for presenting it like it's not obvious.

What non-town motive can you assert would exist for me to say that?
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 68
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Scotty wrote: :shrug2:
I'm giving you a "little twitch". I'm sorry it's on you.
I don't give a fart if you or anyone else suspects me, that is irrelevant to anything I say about you. You know me better than that by now.
Scotty wrote:By listing your #3 preference as getting lynched above a no-lynch, yes, I think you would be willing be lynched above a no-lynch. Why even mention that?
I was illustrating just how terrible I think a no lynch is. I was making it crystal clear that I think it's awful, abysmal, and whatever other strongly negative adjectives you might cook up.

I didn't say I am willing to be lynched. I said it's better than a no lynch. I hate both options. I shouldn't have to clarify that I would not be in favor of being lynched. This is stating the absolute obvious, and that's why I think you're suspicious -- for presenting it like it's not obvious.

What non-town motive can you assert would exist for me to say that?
I dunno. Like I said I'm shit at reading people day 1.
Could be giving people a sense of trust in you. Like "I'm humble and I'm civ but if you don't believe me, then lynch me and find out."

I also must preface that I don't innately think this is anything damning of you. I'm certain you are more of a smooth operator as Mafia.

But. What do i know?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scotty wrote:I dunno. Like I said I'm shit at reading people day 1.
Everyone is, even those who claim otherwise. :nicenod:
Scotty wrote:Could be giving people a sense of trust in you. Like "I'm humble and I'm civ but if you don't believe me, then lynch me and find out."

I also must preface that I don't innately think this is anything damning of you. I'm certain you are more of a smooth operator as Mafia.

But. What do i know?
I can on some level understand that perspective. I would argue though that my entering this quite slow game thread and shaking it really hard as I have tonight is not the best way to promote trust. I don't have much use for trust right at this point. I want to make things happen. Dead threads are dead towns.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 39

Post by Spacedaisy »

Scotty wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:I tried to post earlier when I voted but my internet has been wonky this evening. I've never found Hillary Swank to be attractive, or hot any other word of the kind. :shrug: but to each their own.

Jay, you are saying you would rather we lynch you than we no lynch? If you are a civ, how would this be beneficial to us? You should know you are civ (assuming you are), and thus lynching you would mean we would be down two civs if a civ gets NKed, which seems likely, rather than one if we were to no lynch rather than lynching someone you know is a civ. Don't get me wrong, I'm not in favor of a no lynch. But I would rather a no lynch than my own lynch, because I know that it is not in the civs' favor. But I am not in favor of a no lynch versus someone I don't know that same thing about. So I am confused why you would prefer your own lynch over a no lynch. Please explain your reasoning there.
Question 2: is there a female celebrity that you do find hot? :shifty:

LOL, did my husband put you up to this question? :p First of all, "hot" is not a word I usually use to describe how attractive I find another person, male or female. It just has never been a word I use in that way. If I say hot, it usually refers to temperature. That said, I think that Karen Gillan is an attractive woman, and I'm sure there are others I would call attractive, but I haven't thought about it extensively. I like Zoey Deschanel, but I'm not sure if that is just because I like the quirky roles she frequently plays or if I consider her attractive. She's cute but I don't know if I would consider her attractive, beautiful or "hot." Whatever.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:I tried to post earlier when I voted but my internet has been wonky this evening. I've never found Hillary Swank to be attractive, or hot any other word of the kind. :shrug: but to each their own.

Jay, you are saying you would rather we lynch you than we no lynch? If you are a civ, how would this be beneficial to us? You should know you are civ (assuming you are), and thus lynching you would mean we would be down two civs if a civ gets NKed, which seems likely, rather than one if we were to no lynch rather than lynching someone you know is a civ. Don't get me wrong, I'm not in favor of a no lynch. But I would rather a no lynch than my own lynch, because I know that it is not in the civs' favor. But I am not in favor of a no lynch versus someone I don't know that same thing about. So I am confused why you would prefer your own lynch over a no lynch. Please explain your reasoning there.
I believe a day phase which progresses without a lynch is the worst-case scenario. I would rather not be mislynched and I would fight any attempts to do so tooth and nail, but it's better than nobody being lynched. There is information in my mislynch. Those who live beyond me would be tasked with deciding what to do with that information -- I'd have to hope that the rest of the town team has the initiative to do something.

Nothing is worse than lynching nobody other than lynching a top power role, but when that happens on Day 1 I am typically inclined to blame the victim more than the voters. It should be quite unlikely if the players in those roles are doing their jobs.

I firmly believe that no lynching is an objectively terrible strategy to the point of being indefensible. I don't mean to imply Quin is dumb or even suspicious for disagreeing -- this is a debate I've engaged in many times.
This answer is satisfying to me. I actually had seen that as a possible answer, but did not want to backpedal until you answered. I wanted to hear how you responded. At the moment you sound civ to me.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Scotty wrote:I dunno. Like I said I'm shit at reading people day 1.
Everyone is, even those who claim otherwise. :nicenod:
Scotty wrote:Could be giving people a sense of trust in you. Like "I'm humble and I'm civ but if you don't believe me, then lynch me and find out."

But. What do i know?
I can on some level understand that perspective. I would argue though that my entering this quite slow game thread and shaking it really hard as I have tonight is not the best way to promote trust. I don't have much use for trust right at this point. I want to make things happen. Dead threads are dead towns.
That I can definitely agree with.

I know trust is not a thing to cling to this early. But even saying "I lean civ" on someone based on a few posts is like making Ready Rice without water. For me. It's much easier to not trust someone than put any level of civness on someone right now. Ya dig?

No one pings me as good right now. If I had to vote now it would be for Polo.

Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Ricochet »

S~V~S is replacing Serg-
S~V~S wrote:I am replacing in here; I was under the impression that I was going to be announced by the host earlier, but life is crazy in Nauru, amirite?

Haven't read the rules etc yet, just checking in. Also I think H. Swank is hot, a person doesn't need to be traditionally beautiful to be hot. She & Chloe Sevigny (another hot but not really pretty per se actress) burnt up the screen in Boys Don't Cry, which is mainly where I recall Hilary Swank.

Linki, also plan on marching to my own drummer this game.
Ok, then.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

To be fair, I normally don't have quite so many immediate reactions as I've had so far in this game. It's nice.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

What do you mean? You haven't had quite so many people immediately react to things you have said?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Spacedaisy wrote:What do you mean? You haven't had quite so many people immediately react to things you have said?
Other way around. For a game that has barely started to realize its own sensorimotor capabilities, I have some manner of a stance on more people than I'd expect.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Quin wrote:How does one do the links to peoples post histories? I'll do it when everyone has posted for convenience

You can check a player's post history in this game, by clicking "In Topic" under their avatar and total post count.

I'll also update the front page with ISO links, shortly.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:What do you mean? You haven't had quite so many people immediately react to things you have said?
Other way around. For a game that has barely started to realize its own sensorimotor capabilities, I have some manner of a stance on more people than I'd expect.
Ah, and what stances do you have so far?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I didn't even see that question, Quin. Now I feel like a jerk. Muh bad.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Spacedaisy wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Ah, and what stances do you have so far?
I've had at least one positive thing to say about sig, S~V~S, and Quin, Elohcin, and Vompatti.

I'm unsure how I feel about you. I can understand your line of questioning, but I wouldn't say it is more or less likely to come from a town mindset. I've discussed my early ping on Scotty. It's a rather healthy pile of opinions considering how young the game is.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I actually am more interested in your stances on others than your opinion on me. I'll have to go back over your posts in more detail to see what positive things you have said about them. For now I need to sleep and I think that leaves me at 5 posts so I think I can safely stop posting for the evening.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Day 0 will conclude in roughly 12 hours. Don't forget to send me those "forms", if you havent already.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 60

Post by S~V~S »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Anyone in particular you feel is playing it safe so far, S~V~S?
Not particularly. As I said, only one thing in my (at that time and with my ppp setting) one page catch up stoof out to me, and that was a *meh* thing that isn't really alignment indicative. The fact that it stood out to me is pretty standard for sig, and a good illustration of why he gets lynched early. He says what he thinks.

@sig, what is odd about pointing out things that stand out to me? This is the point of the game, right? See above, and maybe reread my original post before you use it to point fingers, k?

As for No Lynch options, I hate them in this kind of set up. All they do is basically turn Day One into a day of jockeying for position andlearning nothing. They serve a potential civ purpose in games that go right into Day One by creating, essentially, a Day Zero. But we already have a Day Zero, why do we need two days where we learn nothing and give the baddies more time to entrench & manipulate without leaving an actual trail via votes?

I agree with Jay, if someone is lynched, even me, who I know to be civ, we learn something and the baddies have to take stances. I will never support a No Lynch in a game that has a Day or Night Zero.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Spacedaisy wrote:I actually am more interested in your stances on others than your opinion on me. I'll have to go back over your posts in more detail to see what positive things you have said about them. For now I need to sleep and I think that leaves me at 5 posts so I think I can safely stop posting for the evening.
You are only interested in his opnion on other people? You don't want to hear what people think of you?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Ricochet wrote:S~V~S is replacing Serg-
S~V~S wrote:I am replacing in here; I was under the impression that I was going to be announced by the host earlier, but life is crazy in Nauru, amirite?

Haven't read the rules etc yet, just checking in. Also I think H. Swank is hot, a person doesn't need to be traditionally beautiful to be hot. She & Chloe Sevigny (another hot but not really pretty per se actress) burnt up the screen in Boys Don't Cry, which is mainly where I recall Hilary Swank.

Ok, then.
Yeah, this was what I figured. Sorry for putting the jump in on you but I wanted to get some posts in before the "lynch Serge" seed got planted :haha:

Also having to count posts, yikes. Sorry for multiposts, but I did not want to end on 4.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Elohcin »

Wow, it had been so quiet in here and then BOOM!
Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:Well I never liked you anyway!

Different philosophies, I guess. When I have the option I have pretty much always and will always vote no lynch on Day 1.
Please tell me your philosophy. If I find it disagreeable, I'll surely explain why.
There is not enough information for me, personally. Day 1 is a mix of throwing fingers around aimlessly and hoping you can find something that sticks. There's also a high probability of mislynching, but that's variable on what information is available, but you can't really get that until you have more concrete information.
I see where you are coming from. It is rare that a baddie is lynched on Day 1 due to lack of information. I also think that lynching people is where we get a lot of our information, assuming we get to learn the lynched player's alignment.
Vompatti wrote:I think it would be a good idea to start lynching the mafia before they outnumber the civs.
Yes. This is difficult. B/c if the Day 1 lynch is in fact a mislynch, then we have made it that much more difficult for ourselves as our number is possibly two less including a night kill. But the Day 1 lynch does at least give us an opportunity to TRY to get a baddie.

Welcome SVS. Do you know who you are replacing?

I think your observation about the rules, or lack there of, is interesting. Perhaps if we do end on a post count of 4, 9, 13, or multiple of, then the secret rule #4, #9, or #13 will be there to bite us in the butt.

Epignosis wrote:What about those of us who haven't posted at all?
I was wondering where you were at?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Svs, That's not how I meant that. I meant that I wasn't asking to try to solicit his opinion of myself, I was asking because I was curious about his opinion on others. I'm not stressed about me because I know my role, lol. If someone suspects me they are more than welcome to share it so I can address any suspicions of course.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Here you go, Eloh. We had discussed me coming in, and when I would be home, but time zones are a bitch, you know? It was Serge.
Ricochet wrote:S~V~S is replacing Serg-

Ok, then.
Spacedaisy wrote:Svs, That's not how I meant that. I meant that I wasn't asking to try to solicit his opinion of myself, I was asking because I was curious about his opinion on others. I'm not stressed about me because I know my role, lol. If someone suspects me they are more than welcome to share it so I can address any suspicions of course.
Fair enough, it just seemed an odd thing to say without the context.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 28

Post by insertnamehere »

3J's posts are just getting kind of ridiculous. He says that he wants to encourage conversation, but he tries to shut down anything that doesn't vibe with his view point.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 56

Post by rabbit8 »

:shrug:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

insertnamehere wrote:3J's posts are just getting kind of ridiculous. He says that he wants to encourage conversation, but he tries to shut down anything that doesn't vibe with his view point.
Disagreement is not the same as shutting down. I have been completely successful in getting this game moving thankyouverymuch. :noble:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:3J's posts are just getting kind of ridiculous. He says that he wants to encourage conversation, but he tries to shut down anything that doesn't vibe with his view point.
Disagreement is not the same as shutting down. I have been completely successful in getting this game moving thankyouverymuch. :noble:
You know, this got me thinking- how do day 1 conversations take off? Someone making a bold statement? Someone disagreeing with principles? It always just seems to flow organically, but I'm never sure of how or why.

This isn't anything new, but it's very intriguing to me. In so many other sites and venues the day 1 is literally random. Like, literally in the sense that in a group, most the time people will vote for someone based on a dream they had, or not liking the name of a person, or what have you. But this site especially has a weird way of dogpiling on someone that has a certain air if suspicion for doing something out of the ordinary. It's always amazing to me that votes on the first day are so justified here. I can't recall the last time I went back to day 1 conversations to get a confirmation of a tonal read on someone. Only to look at votes and who voted for whom, and when.

"Getting the game moving" does not necessarily translate to civ behavior, mind you. I would hope everyone just likes to talk about things having to do with the game. Hell, I have no filter so I just talk about whatever's goin on in my head, regardless of my alignment. Gets me into trouble a lot, but whatever. Until we get to a day 1 flip, I don't think the game has taken off.

Blah blah blah shut up Scotty.

Also this is my 19th post, which is a good number. :beer:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scotty wrote:You know, this got me thinking- how do day 1 conversations take off? Someone making a bold statement? Someone disagreeing with principles? It always just seems to flow organically, but I'm never sure of how or why.

This isn't anything new, but it's very intriguing to me. In so many other sites and venues the day 1 is literally random. Like, literally in the sense that in a group, most the time people will vote for someone based on a dream they had, or not liking the name of a person, or what have you. But this site especially has a weird way of dogpiling on someone that has a certain air if suspicion for doing something out of the ordinary. It's always amazing to me that votes on the first day are so justified here. I can't recall the last time I went back to day 1 conversations to get a confirmation of a tonal read on someone. Only to look at votes and who voted for whom, and when.
In truth, I'm not sure it always is organic. I think that sometimes it takes a player or two to force a read into the thread, or anything game-relevant, which can be discussed by other people. At the game's earliest stages, I think that's the most important function of a read.

I really don't even care that much whether I'm right or wrong during the first half of Day 0/1. The game needs facilitators who can make the thread grow however it may, and the only way to facilitate game-relevant content is to create it yourself. It takes someone saying "I think that's a good look" even when it's barely meaningful page one stuff, or someone saying "I think this strategy is the right one moving forward", or even picking another player at random and shouting "YOU'RE BAD, I KNOW YOU'RE BAD, GET LYNCHED RIGHT NOW."

I've seen the Day 1s full of total randomness like you describe, and in my first handful of Mafia games I contributed to them myself (for my first five-ten games or so I had no faith in my skill in this game and I just screwed around the whole time). I think those are the products of a player base who is waiting for the game to happen, for suspicious things to happen, instead of causing them to happen -- or at least trying to.

One thing I do think is not ideal though is a Day 1 dog pile. GIven that there cannot be a conclusive case against anyone in the absence of objective evidence, I don't think it makes sense for anyone to receive a significant majority of the votes (barring an "I'm scum, please lynch me" or something). In my experience, the most productive Day 1s, the ones that provide a wealth of evidence that can revisited later, are the ones that end with a close tally and a hectic EOD sequence. I would love to see someone get lynched in a 7-6 vote, or a 5-4-4. :dark:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 121

Post by G-Man »

Brace yourself for automatic suspicion from me. I'm prepared for and anticipate reciprocation.

Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:Well I never liked you anyway!

Different philosophies, I guess. When I have the option I have pretty much always and will always vote no lynch on Day 1.
Please tell me your philosophy. If I find it disagreeable, I'll surely explain why.
There is not enough information for me, personally. Day 1 is a mix of throwing fingers around aimlessly and hoping you can find something that sticks. There's also a high probability of mislynching, but that's variable on what information is available, but you can't really get that until you have more concrete information.
If nothing else, Quin, at least you're consistent on your support of no-lynch options.

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: 1. Lynch a baddie.

2. Lynch another townie.

3. Lynch ME.

4. Lynch nobody.

5. Profit.
FIFY

Quin wrote:Sticking to the post count rule is going to kill me :sigh:

I think I'll number my posts from now on so I don't have to worry.

I like this idea and will do likewise, since the host clarified that it is per phase and not cumulative.

This is just Jimmy being supatown because, if civvie, we'd at least learn something about someone on Day 1. For what it's worth, I bet he'd vote for no lynch if the poll were between him and no lynch.

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

I believe a day phase which progresses without a lynch is the worst-case scenario. I would rather not be mislynched and I would fight any attempts to do so tooth and nail, but it's better than nobody being lynched. There is information in my mislynch. Those who live beyond me would be tasked with deciding what to do with that information -- I'd have to hope that the rest of the town team has the initiative to do something.

Nothing is worse than lynching nobody other than lynching a top power role, but when that happens on Day 1 I am typically inclined to blame the victim more than the voters. It should be quite unlikely if the players in those roles are doing their jobs.

I firmly believe that no lynching is an objectively terrible strategy to the point of being indefensible. I don't mean to imply Quin is dumb or even suspicious for disagreeing -- this is a debate I've engaged in many times.

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Scotty wrote:Ah yes, you know I agree with this criticism. Day 1 lynches produce more info than no-lynches, but why even invite a self-lynch. In what world would that benefit town if you are town?
I didn't invite a self-lynch. This is the first suspicious post of the game.
I find myself pinged by Scotty's post too.

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I was illustrating just how terrible I think a no lynch is. I was making it crystal clear that I think it's awful, abysmal, and whatever other strongly negative adjectives you might cook up.
This line made me think of a children's book title. We should write one called JaggedJimmyJay and the Awful, Abysmal, Very Bad, No Lynch Day.

:biggrin:

I don't see it that way. *ping*

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
*ping* because...

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:One thing I do think is not ideal though is a Day 1 dog pile. GIven that there cannot be a conclusive case against anyone in the absence of objective evidence, I don't think it makes sense for anyone to receive a significant majority of the votes (barring an "I'm scum, please lynch me" or something). In my experience, the most productive Day 1s, the ones that provide a wealth of evidence that can revisited later, are the ones that end with a close tally and a hectic EOD sequence. I would love to see someone get lynched in a 7-6 vote, or a 5-4-4. :dark:
I agree that a dogpile isn't the way to start a game, your lynch tallies don't add up to 14.

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Oh yeah. I keep thinking 13 because that was the original heist limit. Keep that tally close anyway. :P

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Scotty wrote:
This is very interesting to me. I love to hear about how things go on other sites, even though I don't plan on ever playing anywhere other than here. I can only imagine how I would be grilled for voting someone Day 1 just because I didn't like their name or had a certain dream about them. Of course there is the occasional random vote on Day 1 here, but it always seem sot be a controversial issue. And it's usually professed as "random", not excused with a silly explanation.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Elohcin wrote:
Scotty wrote:
This is very interesting to me. I love to hear about how things go on other sites, even though I don't plan on ever playing anywhere other than here. I can only imagine how I would be grilled for voting someone Day 1 just because I didn't like their name or had a certain dream about them. Of course there is the occasional random vote on Day 1 here, but it always seem sot be a controversial issue. And it's usually professed as "random", not excused with a silly explanation.
In our original home cultures, Day 1 votes have, for the most part, generally been srs bsns. Someone is gonna die based on our votes, how not srs? People always tended to take flak for trivial voting reasons, randomizing, etc.

@G-Man, yeah, I always tend to get a residual baddie BTS effect the next few games, lol. Oddly, it tends to effect me the opposite way, I tend to want to trust my bad partner from a recent intense game like BSG was.
Scotty wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Scotty wrote:Ah yes, you know I agree with this criticism. Day 1 lynches produce more info than no-lynches, but why even invite a self-lynch. In what world would that benefit town if you are town?
In your opinion.
In my opinion, too, tbh.

I understood clearly what Jay was saying. I am not sure how you would interpret it otherwise?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

S~V~S wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Scotty wrote:
In our original home cultures, Day 1 votes have, for the most part, generally been srs bsns. Someone is gonna die based on our votes, how not srs? People always tended to take flak for trivial voting reasons, randomizing, etc.

@G-Man, yeah, I always tend to get a residual baddie BTS effect the next few games, lol. Oddly, it tends to effect me the opposite way, I tend to want to trust my bad partner from a recent intense game like BSG was.
Scotty wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
In your opinion.
In my opinion, too, tbh.

I understood clearly what Jay was saying. I am not sure how you would interpret it otherwise?
I've already answered this. I can't help if you, GMan and JJJ find it suspicious. But good to know you think that post is also the first suspicious post of the game.

My current propensity is to vote Polo today, unless he shows up.

Post 20

Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

When exactly does Day 0 end?
Polo
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Polo »

Hi, folks! Just got here. Sorry, I had been really busy the last couple of days. Time for some catchin' up
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Scotty wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Scotty wrote:

Scotty wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
In your opinion.
In my opinion, too, tbh.

I've already answered this. I can't help if you, GMan and JJJ find it suspicious. But good to know you think that post is also the first suspicious post of the game.

My current propensity is to vote Polo today, unless he shows up.

Post 20
Sorry for lack of clarity, Mr Word Reader Into guy (to be fair, that is what we do in Mafia, but still :haha: )

"In my opinion, too" referred to Jay saying, "I didn't invite a self-lynch.", not the "first suspicious post of the game" bit. I don't necessarily find it suspicious. I think that recently we rely too much on tiny nuances of semantics, and we jump too much on people who talk and pick apart their posts for lack of anything better to do. But I also think it is important to comment on what we notice as we go along, it leaves a trail to be followed. So part of "following my own drummer" means commenting on what I notice; it does not mean I find it suspect. I just like to shake the tree and see what falls out, I guess.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Elohcin wrote:When exactly does Day 0 end?
4 hours.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

@Eloh, this post was at 8:42 PM eastern, so I am thinking 6:42 Eastern tonight.
Ricochet wrote:
Day 0: Everything Will Be OK
It's OK. It's OK. It's OK.

Everything is going to be fine.

Breathe.

Breeeeeeeeaaathe.

It proved, however, difficult to do that and for his own words to have any effect, given the circumstances. Not a moment had passed, in fact, without him chastising himself for being so distracted this morning as to forget to take his medication, after so many months of endless routine. Not when he had to go past a few neighbours, greeting him on his way outside. Not when he had to walk all the way to the destination, given that taking subway would have been like descending straight to the ninth circle and the buses were all staggeringly busy (at least in his flustered perception) at this early hour. Not when he had to slalom through one flux of people after another, on every street. Quite the predicament.

You'd think that, compared to this, finding only two people inside the elevator he was supposed to take, once inside the office building he arrived at, would be far less problematic. Then his anxiety translated this moment with the same disruptive intensity, hardwiring all his senses and thoughts. The couple nodded politely as he got in, to which he could barely etch a faint smirk and try to look away the following instant.

The elevator doors closed, to his fidgety displeasure.

'Which floor?' the woman asked, seeing as though she and her partner were closer to the panel, since he went straight squeezing himself in the opposite corner.
'Th-thirteen', he struggled to state.
'Oh, you mean twelve and a half?' the woman inquired.
"Twelve and what now?" he asked, glaring in puzzlement.
'Twelve and a half', the woman repeated, pointing at the panel with a smile. 'There is no thirteenth floor. The listing board at the entrance specifically said floor twelve and a half, as well. Isn't that right, hun?' she even asked her partner, to which the man simply grunted.

Twelve... twelve and a half... he squinted at the panel. 'Oh', he then remembered. 'That's right. Floor twelve and a half.' He also took the woman's smile as a sign of her likely finding him to be completely daft.

'We're following you, it seems', the woman cheerfully added, as she pressed the peculiar button.
'Beg your pardon?!' he let out a shriek.
'I was just saying that it seems we might be going the same way' the woman explained, this time looking a bit startled. Her partner also glanced his way, giving him a bit of a dirty look.
'Oh.'

As the elevator started moving, he now tried to focus on the jazzy jangles playing in the speakers, in an attempt to calm his heavy breathing. His discomfort worsened no more, overall, than when another person joined them, as the elevator reached the fourth floor. Fortunately, he only took the elevator up five floors and there was no other stop and no other people that joined them.

Floor twelve and a half, at last. The couple got off first and he let them distance themselves, to the extent of almost letting the door close back and have the elevator take off again. He rushed outside at the very last second and noticed how, indeed, the couple were heading the same way he intended to. Waiting a few more seconds, only when the sight of them was no more did he follow the same path, down the long corridor, then turning right, to enter a lobby area.

'Dunder Mifflin, this is P-... I mean, Virtual Reality Medical Center, how may I help you?' a lovely receptionist was answering the phone as walked right in.

This proved actually reassuring for him, as she was the first familiar face he'd seen all day so far. He alsoseemed to regain his composure a little bit, this way.

'Good morning, Mrs. Julie', he said, walking up to her booth.
'Oh, good morning, Dr. Halloway', Mrs. Julie replied with a big smile. 'How are you today?'
'Could be better, I guess', he nervously sighed. 'What's on the agenda for today?"
"Well, the special therapy session, of course", Mrs Julie replied with visible excitement. 'I think everyone has gathered, in fact."

He quickly turned livid, however, to this news. 'That's today?!' he panicked.
'Indeed it is', Mrs Julie confirmed.
'And they arrived? They're all here?' he fretted even more.
'Yes. All fourteen.'
'F-f-fourt-'
'Did you happen to forget?' Mrs. Julie further asked, starting to look worried. 'I even sent you a memo this morning.'

Distracted enough to even forget checking the mail, he thought to himself. And of all the days to forget to take my medication.

'No, no', he stammered. 'Well then, l-let's proceed.'

There were indeed fourteen people, fourteen patients waiting in a small conference room between the lobby and the practice labeled to be Dr. Halloway's. The couple he met in the elevator was, to no surprise, among them.

Breathe. Breeeeathe. Everything will be O-

'Go-good morning ev-vryone', he tried his best to greet them, although his pulse was now racing to thump over the sound of his voice and he was beginning to tremble at every step he took inside the room, closer to the group.
'Oh look, hun', Elohcin exclaimed. 'The person we met in the elevator must in fact be our therapist.'
'He doesn't look like much of a therapist to me', Epignosis replied with indifference.

A few hello's aside, everyone was waiting silently for Dr. Halloway to speak further.

'M-Mrs. Julie', he turned all the more anxiously towards her, 'would y-you ki-kndly ask th-tht-m to f-fl-lf-fil''

The following sound, however, was that of him hitting the floor, as he keeled over, then of chairs screeching, whilst everyone rose in shock, and Mrs Julie, together with several others, rushing to his aid.

'See', Epignosis added. 'I'd rather say he is one of us.'

The Host, an anthropophobe, has fainted.
Day 0 has begun and will last 46 hours (24 + 22).
Linki @Host, ok gonna post anyhow since I have 8 posts, 2x4.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Polo wrote:Hi, folks! Just got here. Sorry, I had been really busy the last couple of days. Time for some catchin' up
Good thing you showed up, Scotty just said he was gonna vote for you if you didn't.

*10* :phew:

K back to work, later.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I like 7PM as a deadline and I plan to do my best to keep it sharp.

(Woo, 14 posts, out of the "danger zone" myself. Image)
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:I like 7PM as a deadline and I plan to do my best to keep it sharp.

What time zone?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Ricochet wrote:I like 7PM as a deadline and I plan to do my best to keep it sharp.

What time zone?
EST/EDT
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Cool beans. 37.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Re: [Day 1] Triskaidekaphobia Mafia

Post by Ricochet »

Day 1: Therapy by Lynch
The people inside the conference room were getting nervous, after the Host had been taken away by the medical staff and minutes had passed without any sign of activity. One of them, who had home curiously dressed as a sergeant, even left, but minutes after another person, an imposing looking lady, joined them. Then, since Mrs. Julie had left too, accompanying the Host, there was no new phone call, no new visitor, as if there were no other appointments or emergencies during that time. A few people were peeking outside or looking through the venetian blinds, to try to see if anything might be happening or anyone might show up, but the majority was still seated, across the room.

'It's been 15 minutes. No wait, that was actually a minute ago, so it's now 16 minutes', a young white-collar lad wearing a flannel tie named Quin noted.
'Should we do something?' the ever considerate and concerned Elohcin asked.
'I don't think there's anything we can do, really', said Scotty, looking anxious.
'My name is Wilgy and I am definitely not a doctor, so I can't do anything about it!', a man in the back seat felt the need to declare.
'I'm more interested to know what I payed my money for', mumbled Epignosis from his chair, checking his text messages with a bored expression.
'Oh you', Elohcin scolded him. 'That's not the important thing right now. I'm sure we'll get to that soon enough and we'll be in capable hands.'
'Did that man look capable to you?' Epignosis appealed to her reason.
'What happened?' asked the lady who had arrived late, having introduced herself as SVS. 'Oh I see, that must have been definitely weird. And now, I know what I came for, but right now it feels like we're just sitting here, waiting for something to take place, playing it safe.'
'Makes you wonder if we've come to the right place', added Spacedaisy.
'If you intended to come at the Virtual Reality Medical Center, then you've come to the right place', Vompatti sagely told her.
'...Uhm, ok', she gave him a weird look.
'With U.S. offices in San Diego, West Los Angeles, Palo Alto, California and an office and manufacturing facility in Orlando, Florida, VRMC is a world leader in applying virtual reality technology in combination with physiological monitoring and feedback for training, therapy, and emerging applications.', Vompatti started reading from a leaflet he was holding in his hand.
'Ok, son', Epignosis cut him short.
'I say there's no cause for worry and that we take things slowly', a man called Jay got up from his chair and stepped in front of the whole seated gathering. 'We've obviously gathered here with the same purpose, in pursuit of the same agenda-
'And we all seem to be interesting folks, too!' G-Man interrupted the speech.
'Yes, thank you', Jay calmly said and then continued with the same pragmatical tone, 'How about we take it slowly and get to know each other a bit first? I like getting some first impressions as soon as I join a collective. Hi, my name is Jay, how about you?'
'Hi', said Epignosis.
'Y-yes...?' Jay waited.
Epignosis looked up at him after a few seconds. 'Oh no, that's all', he added.
'OK then', Jay regrouped, trying his best to look affable and determined. 'Who else? I'd say that no talk would not be beneficial for any of us. You could even focus on me, rather than not talk at all about anything.'
'Wait, why should we focus on you? We don't even know you', Spacedaisy questioned him.
'Dunno, just saying. Some talk always beats no talk', Jay shrugged.
'Hey man, you're supposed to write down your name in that space, not copy the words <insert name here>', Quin pointed to a fellow that was filling out his form. They were seated in the back, away from the main conversation. The fellow in question just glared at him.
'Did anyone notice that there are extra questions on the back of this form?' Sig inquired, after thoroughly studying the sheet. Everyone checked what he was pointing at.
'Wait, isn't this from The Office?' G-Man got startled.

An hour later, they were debating the hotness or notness of actress Hilary Swank, with a picture of her put up on the blinds using a projector they had found. At that very moment, another person, called Polo, was trying to argue that the obvious symmetry of her face, creating the natural appeal based on the scientific standard of koinophilia, was beautiful, but not hot. Overall, the nots seemed to have it, when Mrs. Julie entered the room. 'Oh, this is just like in The Office!' she exclaimed. Everyone turned at her perplexed.
'That's really all there was to it?!' Scotty shouted.

Seconds later, the Host himself sprang in the room, wearing this time his white robe and looking surprisingly self-possessed and sprightly.

'Ok everyone, sorry to keep you waiting, everything is under control now and we can proceed with our session', he addressed the group.
'Did you not fall in a coma just a while ago?' Epignosis asked.
'Ahaha, no', the Host chuckled a bit, 'I just had a bit of a syncope from a lack of medication, nothing to worry about.'
'What kind of medication?' Epignosis further inquired, with slight suspicion.
'Low blood pressure, no biggie', the Host brushed the question off.
'Are you ok now?' Elohcin asked, a bit more affectionately.
'Yes, thank you', The Host smiled back at her, then faced the others again, 'Is everyone ready and excited?'
'Excited about what?' SVS queried.
'The session, of course. Shall we?'
'I'm scared', Scotty fussed a bit.
'No need to', the Host confidently responded, 'we're hear to take care of all your fears.'
'I don't have any', Epignosis stated.
'Surely there must be something', the Host riposted.
'Nope', the man insisted. 'Just here accompanying the missus.'
'Well then, let's head over anyway, this room is slightly too small for our gathering.'
'I think your practice would be too small for fourteen people, just as well', Epignosis ironically reacted again.
'Oh, we're not going to my practice', the Host simpered. 'We're going downstairs, to the Center's Red Room.'
'The... wait, you serious?' the man who wrote his name as 'insert name here' sprang a bit off his chair.
'Just a fancy name, that's all', the Host said while already on the move. 'Any other questions before we proceed?'
'Yes, are you a capable therapist?' Epignosis kept poking with the questions, to which the Host, this time, just froze a bit, mouth slightly open, as if ready to given an answer, but then took off in the opposite direction. Mrs. Julie just smiled. Everyone look at each other in a confuse state. A man who filled his name on the form as "Rabbit" simply shrugged.

Eventually, everyone returned to the elevators. They split, as Mrs. Julie escorted half of them in one of the two lifts and the Host lead the rest in the second one. Although he intentionally remained in front of the pack, Epignosis happened to be closest to him and could notice his body twitching a bit, as if trying to hold it in.
'Should have upped the dosage a bit more, I suppose', he muttered to the Host. The latter again tried to ignore the remark, reaching for the panel.
'Thirteen floors down', the Host announced.
'But we're on floor twelve and a half, remember?' Elohcin reminded him.
'It's still thirteen floors down', the Host replied, as the doors closed. In complete mismatch with the other's silent growing restlessness, the Host began to hum along the tune coming from the elevator's speakers.
'Has anyone noticed that there is no rule 4 on the Safety Rules list?' Sig pointed it out once more.

~~~Intermezzo~~~

The descent did take them, it turned out, one level below the ground floor, where, past a thin long corridor leading to a single entrance, the patients discovered a room that could indeed accommodate their meeting. That was, however, its only agreeable aspect, given how scarcely equipped it looked: a lot of circularly placed chairs, a whiteboard at the other end of the room, a large table in a corner with several refreshments and boxes, weirdly, electrical sockets; a lot of them. The walls were of a slight dirty beige and the floor was all black and white marbled.

'Ugh I'm not too pleased with this location, to be honest', SVS complained. 'Couldn't we have stayed up, after all?'
'How is this the Red Room?' INH glanced with disappointment.
'It'll be red soon enough', the Host continued with his cryptic talk.
'Red ruum', joked Wilgy.
'Red rum is bad for your teeth!', Vompatti affirmed.

The host sat down on one of the chairs at random, inviting the rest to gather around. 'Mrs. Julie', he summoned his assistant, who proceeded to hand out brochures to each person.

'Therapy by...' Jay started reading the title of his material aloud, only to confoundedly pause at the third word. 'What's this now?'
'Ah, well, allow me to first introduce that notion properly', the Host elaborated slowly. 'You've all individually subscribed to our phobia therapy and we've proudly decided to group you in this special, experimental collective session. We all have our fears, our anxiety, our stifling impulses, with symptoms that affect our social performance or emotional state...'
'Pounding or racing heart, shortness of breath, elevated blood pressure, trembling or shaking, chest pain or tightness, sense of impending doom', Vompatti once again recited in an exegetical way.
'We seem to have a very informed patient', the Host commended him. 'Anyway, our proposal is to combat our fears head on in a unique way, in order for you to gain more reassurance and fearlessness.'
'Like in those televised competitions where people have to eat bugs or get inside a pit of snakes?' Spacedaisy asked.
'That's one component for sure', the Host clarified, 'but we've also added a human component of danger and confrontation, which is why we've called this the Therapy by Lynch.'
'As in David Lynch?' INH's interest sparked again.
'No, more like those social games called Mafia, in which the good faction has to uproot and lynch the baddies hiding amongst them', the Host explained. 'Has anyone here ever played a Mafia game?'

"Nope's" and "nuh-uh's" chirped from every part of the circle.

'So how is this game supposed to help us deal with our own worst fears?' Sig challenged the concept.
'The incentive to overcome what terrorizes or threatens you should normally work on more levels', the Host went on, 'which is why we've prepared both a virtual threat for you to face, according to the phobias you all listed in your forms, using our immersive VR helmet technology' - at which he pointed to the boxes on the table, from which Mrs. Julie was beginning to unpack and plug in the devices - 'and a live component based on, and here is the interesting bit, the fact that three people among you are actually bad people - convicts, mafiosos, killers, you name it.'
Everyone jumped off their chair in outrage. Their voices started overlapping one another in their desperate clamor.
'Are you for real, man?'
'This can't be happening!'
'You brought us here and locked us together with villainous people?!''
'Only bad people live to see their likeness in stone.'
For a second, the Host was quick to notice that the nefarious persons were just as quick and smart to vociferate, alongside the good folks. Then he refocused on dealing with the people's general outcry.
'So we're just supposed to acquiesce to this idea of a live battle royale of sorts, only to satisfy your little experiment?' SVS berated him.
'Three people among you have bogus claims of fears and are here simply to pressure or to persecute you. Their only real fear is being exposed. It'll be your job to force them out. The VR helmets would test the veracity of your claims and whether you can overcome your fears or succumb to the panic.'
'I still don't get how you can correlate this kind of experience with any form of therapeutical remedy', Jay carried on with the questioning.
'Oh, it's all explained in your brochures, page 39'.
'The brochure only has 38 pages', noted Scotty after checking.
'That's odd', the Host acted clueless. 'Guess you'll have to find a way yourselves, then.'
'This is ridiculous and a waste of time!' shouted Epignosis, as his patience finally reached its limit. 'Let's go home, Eloh.'
'There's beer', said the Host persuasively.
'I guess it's just ridiculous, then', Epignosis redacted. 'Can we still go?'
Elohcin was, however, seated firmly and had for once a solemn, determined look on her face, as she replied 'I... I want to stay.'
'What for?', Epignosis asked disconcerted. 'This therapy is a sham. This mind game of a confrontation is nothing to approve of.'
'We can't just... let these bad people get away with it', Eloh retorted in an even more resolute manner. 'They could follow us later, they could remember our faces and come to hurt us. We have to do this. Plus, I have nothing to fear regarding the challenge. I know I can overcome my fear, if the moment of being tested comes.'

Epignosis saw no other end to it but to sit back down, though still disapproving of the whole point of this.

'What... what could happen if we enter the VR, but can't overcome our fear?' Quin frightfully asked.
'Anything can happen, just like in real life. Panic attacks, breakdowns... or even worse', the Host's voice suddenly lowered. Some of the folks started to realise the implications.
'So you're asking us to... choose and send someone to be lynched in VR, with full consequences?' Spacedaisy shuddered.
'Everything is possible', the Host coldly stated. 'But it should all turn out well, as long as you can keep the fear from your mind', he seemed to recite, with a different voice.
'Hey, isn't that from...' INH started saying, but was swiftly shushed from behind by Mrs. Julie.
'What if... someone will die in the VR?'

The shruggiest of shrugs followed from the Host, in response to this. The fury manifested itself even louder this time.

'Inconceivable!'
'Barbaric!'
'Lunatic!'
'Madman!'
'Heathen!'

The appelatives just kept coming, at least for a while.

Day 1 has begun. You have 48 hours to lynch someone.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 117

Post by Epignosis »

The hell you think you are, Tolstoy?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I was thnking more like, "the hell you thing you are, JJJ?" :p haha. And that red is hard on my eyes, woo wee.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Having issues with the poll timer. Despite having added "2" in the Days box, it ends up telling me that poll will run until Tue Jul 19, 2016 (3:45 am - my time zone, but it basically means one hour and a half from now on). Help?

So until I can fix it, the poll will stay timer-less. If it'll run like this during the whole Phase, I will post often reminders of the deadline.

linki: Hard as in too dark or... too red?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Nevermind, I forgot to delete the Swankpoll, beforehand. :doh:
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 117

Post by Epignosis »

Ricochet wrote:Having issues with the poll timer. Despite having added "2" in the Days box, it ends up telling me that poll will run until Tue Jul 19, 2016 (3:45 am - my time zone, but it basically means one hour and a half from now on). Help?

So until I can fix it, the poll will stay timer-less. If it'll run like this during the whole Phase, I will post often reminders of the deadline.

You have to delete your polls each time. You can't just change the options.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Just a weird combination for my eyes with the dark grey background, but don't change it just for me.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Having issues with the poll timer. Despite having added "2" in the Days box, it ends up telling me that poll will run until Tue Jul 19, 2016 (3:45 am - my time zone, but it basically means one hour and a half from now on). Help?

You have to delete your polls each time. You can't just change the options.
Well, you CAN change the options, you have to add the days to the ORIGINAL poll, so if the original poll was for 2 days, you change the options and make it 4 days, and that wll advance it properly. Thats how to make a poll end at the same time every time without necessarily changing it at the exact time, see? Although he had an open end poll for Zero, didn't he? So this is for future reference :haha:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Y'all are too late. I already time-traveled back to yesterday and gave Ricochet all the correct advice.

Return to “Previous Heists”