Posts in topic: 99
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Re: Anniversary Game 4 - Staff vs AtE D1

Post by Boquise »

lucy wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:59 pm
Boquise wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:54 pm
lucy wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:36 pm
► Show Spoiler
because I was just asking the question and forgot to include mafia, then I tweaked it after. I don't remember my first syndicate game verbatim, however the first cycle you started playing you got NKed and you expect to die n1 here + you're a finalist, I'd say you're extremely strong, but I don't know your specific strengths. as mafia you're filthy. my plan for you was to solve next to you was to see if you found pelts, if you don't Lynch a wolf by d3 I was gonna death tunnel you.
You made a big deal about how this is the mafia championship earlier. This attitude of "Oh well, I don't care if I get lynched" does not exactly resonate with your previous posts (I am thinking of #138 and #151 in particular).
wrong post?
No sweat at all! I ended up being the one to replace you and then immediately realized I needed to be replaced as well.

We were scum and ended up winning the game, so congratulations!
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 363

Post by Dyslexicon »

Boquise wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:12 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:06 pm You know what. I'm going to go with my first gut, which was

[VOTE: Ricochet] aubergine

Which is sad. And very sad if I'm wrong.
Which things? What is off about them?

apologies if this has already been asked.
I just had a gut read of hmmm from the beginning. But it's basically based on nothing. I have never played with him before. I noticed he didn't react when I voted him earlier in the game. Seems to not be very worried about me, even though I've been voting and "throwing shade" ig. Seems un-curious.

In general, it's VERY hard for me to get any sort of solid read on anyone in this game. Probably much because of low content/few interactions. I also am not a player with sure reads in general. A lot of it is either vibe, or if I tried to explain it, it would probably just be overthinking reading too much into things that's nai.

Also, this is probably a good time to mention that me and Rico lied about winning a vig shot. Our prize was different. I kind of wanted to do at least something, but the game is so dead, it didn't create much drama. If Rico flips mafia at some point, it might be interesting, considering mafia would already know we lied about it. But it probably wasn't hard to figure out we lied anyway. But in any case, day should probably not end with false information on the board.

@MartinGG99 I saw you making vote decisions based on the extra vig shot that doesn't exist. Sorry for that.
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

I understand and agree with Lucy's assessment of Moon's vote.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Boquise wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:14 pm Dizzy is town, and I'd also like to ask them if they are the same Poison Chan who recently signed up for Coronavirus Mafia on the Syndicate?
Why am I town?

And no, I'm not Poison Chan. I've played with her though.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 153

Post by Ricochet »

Boquise wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:01 pm
Ricochet wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:05 pm Building off this

Not voting the green tier, apart from any massive ping. Would circumstance-wise pass TSP for toDay.

Probably still null on Epig, said his weekend was busy and last bit of activity was about how I'd imagine him having an hour to play here, quoting and answering step by step, working on pings.

Violet seems to step into it, but then stopped at #53 with a town read. mke

Vig choice still up in the air, how many suggestions were made?

Null towards sus listing about the same, except starting to feel better about Jack's latest stuff and maybe worse about Boquise, there's really nothing + blank vote.

And finally, my low list is still there out of more or less principled takes on how I view their MOs.

TH is snap-reading and reading-into-meta at times, but everytime I revisit his ISO, something feels thin.
lucy is profiling, but at the same time not willing or warmed up to do reads out of it.
Moonwink is resolute idiosyncratic, votes flying everywhere, pings-formulaic.

If asked which of the three I'd let another Day to see them develop better stuff or shake off the trend above, vibes-mostly, I'd feel a tad more optimistic re: TH & lucy than Moonwink.

[VOTE: Moonwink] aubergine
PLAYER SALAD! Right here, smacking me in the face in the Mafia Championship.
Seems fitting to receive this from the extreme of nothing-on-plate. What Mafia Championship?
Boquise wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:04 pm
Ricochet wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:17 am I'm still the same. If it's not your MO to detail reads this early, fine, but your questioning method doesn't amount to much on its own. As town, it would be an ok effort, but not cred-gaining in any way. As mafia, it would seem like credible effort to look, but only surface level.
I do not love this post either. Ricochet shares a list (salad) of vague reads. Lucy asks him to explain said reads. Ricochet gripes, "Not sure what you're expecting of me." He is expecting substantiated reads.

The paragraph that follows is jargon about info-lynching. I continue to disapprove of that strategy.
Lucy didn't ask for explanation on reads, lucy had asked general chat what their read is.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

lucy wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:46 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:42 pm
lucy wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:40 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:39 pm
lucy wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:19 pm is nobody gonna discuss the shot?
Yeah, nobody cares. Who would you shoot if you were me and Rico?
dolby or phraze, probably phraze cause i’m bias
Biased how?
many games with phraze not posting much at all, she doesn’t give me enough posts to let me intuition do it’s thing, dolby has a 400 poster so he can possible contribute more which will let us read his alignment better and he’ll contribute more, phraze is absent of this

viewtopic.php?t=2322
Yeah. My experience with Phraze is also that they tend to low post.

@Ruri Plz give us love and any thoughts you may have
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

lucy wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:16 pm does tony win because he’s strong at mafia or because he’s lucky?
Good question. =p

"Good tone" and charm helps a lot.
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:29 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:59 pm I think Rico is a terrible Day 1 elim, frankly. He's a strong player and if he is town, he's worth having around.

I don't understand Triplehaven's read on me at all. I thought at first it was just nonsense. But then he actually tried to cast it as a real read. The things is, he could have used any of my very honest posts about my experience, strengths, weaknesses, etc. instead he used what was clearly a joke post? I think this could be a case of TMI.

[VOTE: Triplehaven] aubergine

Epi responded to the questions exactly as I would expect him to. I see nothing from him so far that I find AI.

slight town lean on Dizzy and Boq atm.
What are you seeing on Boq, Daisy? He's kinda barely posted.
whatchu thinkin' bout fry?
robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 246
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by robyn »

Boquise wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:18 pm
lucy wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:59 pm
Boquise wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:54 pm
lucy wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:36 pm
► Show Spoiler
because I was just asking the question and forgot to include mafia, then I tweaked it after. I don't remember my first syndicate game verbatim, however the first cycle you started playing you got NKed and you expect to die n1 here + you're a finalist, I'd say you're extremely strong, but I don't know your specific strengths. as mafia you're filthy. my plan for you was to solve next to you was to see if you found pelts, if you don't Lynch a wolf by d3 I was gonna death tunnel you.
You made a big deal about how this is the mafia championship earlier. This attitude of "Oh well, I don't care if I get lynched" does not exactly resonate with your previous posts (I am thinking of #138 and #151 in particular).
wrong post?
No sweat at all! I ended up being the one to replace you and then immediately realized I needed to be replaced as well.

We were scum and ended up winning the game, so congratulations!
i’ve never subbed out of a game before, idk what you’re talking about
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Boquise wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:49 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:39 pm
Boquise wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:34 pm
Moonwink wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:02 pm [VOTE: Boquise] aubergine
I can't believe he hasn't posted anything more than a hello yet! D:
I vehemently disagree with this mindset. We absolutely do not need to, nor should we, "lynch for information" on Day 1. We should all collectively vote for the player we feel is most likely to net us a mafia member. That Moonwink is defaulting to an info-lynch posture so early in the phase is Bad Look #3 or 4 in the early stages of my catch up. The others were in big quotes which were unwieldy to quote. I'll probably go into more detail later.
Wait what. Voting you for saying nothing is literally the opposite of an "info-chop"
"Day 1 rarely catches scum" is not a true statement where I come from.
D1 mafia chop is a town loss is a saying from where I come from wowee
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Yeah, Boq's posts seems like he's suddenly talking about something else when responding to things. But it's kind of amusing.
Dolby
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Aka: Morg, Dolbster

Post by Dolby »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:44 am
Dolby wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:49 pm
lucy wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:45 pm
Dolby wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:44 pm 1/4th of the way to Dolby (4)
what's your experience, read accuracy, and strengths/weaknesses as mafia and town

are u gonna lowpost?
eh i do stuff and can pretty meticulous when i want to put the effort in to be meticulous

but i don't really anymore

probably gonna lowpost tbh

I see moonwink doesn't get a question about her mafia play, she fool you recently or something?
Interesting observation. Does this tell you something, @Dolby?
having read later I don't think this panned out but at the time i was thinking potential teammate freudian slip. was kinda feeling that all three of lucy/th/moonwink were a bit performative for being there at the start of the game but just reading through that segment again the most that I feel about any post on the first two pages is

"meh could go either way"

actually kinda liked epi's post there that is also quoted in this post bc I felt it at the time and meshed with the thought in the moment

ricochet feels IOAA thus far (p#120)
Ricochet wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:57 pm I'd ask everyone townreading Daisy on why they're townreading Daisy.
like as an example, i can infer from this that he has a take on Daisy (not positive), other posts where it feels like he's attempting to give takes don't convince me that he was feeling before this
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:42 pm Ok. I have a strong town read on Martin. Never rescind. Whoever disagrees with this is mafia.
wat
MartinGG99 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:58 pm
Ricochet wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:51 pm
MartinGG99 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:47 pm I think Dyslexicon is town.

Don't think its worth over-thinking them even if they're from a champs final game some time ago, since my gut feels good about them right now.

Also, like, a number of people aren't contributing much right now so not even worth to consider higher-posting players atm imo
Why Dolby of the low-post tier?
1. why wouldn't he be, hasn't even posted after my vote on them and only three posts; in most games I have played that is less than the minimum post count (there doesn't seem to be a clarified minimum post count for this game, though?)

2. he himself said he prob was going to low-post
ok this is straight up bad and mustache twirling levels of evil. chop the low posters is not a good strategy and i expect martin to behave at least better than this. "let's get rid of the lowposters/less useful people" does not lead to good gamestate, and does not lead to victory. especially applied 12 hours into day one. Like, this is different than vote the slanker to pressure them. this just feels like "eh let's just kill him"
Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:59 pm I think Rico is a terrible Day 1 elim, frankly. He's a strong player and if he is town, he's worth having around.

I don't understand Triplehaven's read on me at all. I thought at first it was just nonsense. But then he actually tried to cast it as a real read. The things is, he could have used any of my very honest posts about my experience, strengths, weaknesses, etc. instead he used what was clearly a joke post? I think this could be a case of TMI.

[VOTE: Triplehaven] aubergine

Epi responded to the questions exactly as I would expect him to. I see nothing from him so far that I find AI.

slight town lean on Dizzy and Boq atm.
this isn't a bad post by any means but I'm really hoping that the bolded attitude does not become a part of this game, it's the pairing to the attitude expressed in Martin's post just above and it's just ugh.

i like Martin @ ing people about the event.

Daisy has posts that I like on this page so I'll toss her a TR

and martin burns that good will pretty soon after in convo with ricochet :angry:

did jack show up only for the event lol
MartinGG99 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:38 pm I got kicked from the event for not wanting to build a snowman

sadge

anyways back to what I was doing
lmao

you know what ill call 192 from epi a mindmeld i like them anyway

posts 200+ next the text box doesn't like me rn and I'd rather just clear it out
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I know I've bitched and moaned already, but I'm a bit disappointed that the activity level has been so incredibly low for D1. One of the greater points of D1 is to have content to look back on.

But if we just chop mafia, it's all good. So we can do that.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

part of me prefers 10~ pages compared to 70 pages, though around 30 would’ve been nice
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

lucy wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:25 pm part of me prefers 10~ pages compared to 70 pages, though around 30 would’ve been nice
Same.

Are you able to articulate your thoughts on TH at all?
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Sloonei;3987755 wrote:
How to Make Player Salad: A Guide[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Player Salad is the signature dish of The Syndicate. Those of you who have been following this tournament closely may have seen one of our head chefs, JaggedJimmyJay, teach the recipe to his fellow townies in Game 6. Player Salad is a dish which can sometimes confound people, but it's really quite simple. The basic recipe is this: "I could lynch Player X, Y, or Z. Maybe W." I am not one to rigorously argue for "mafia tells", but for whatever reason this one has an unusually high success rate. I suppose the above-mentioned configuration suggests that the player lacks conviction, and simultaneously feels a need to compensate for that lack of conviction by lumping several players together in an indistinguishable blend of suspicion: A salad, if you will. I will not say that it is 100% accurate or foolproof, but I give it some weight. So when I see the formula reproduced exactly by Ricochet:
Spoiler: show
Ricochet wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:05 pmTH is snap-reading and reading-into-meta at times, but everytime I revisit his ISO, something feels thin.
lucy is profiling, but at the same time not willing or warmed up to do reads out of it.

If asked which of the three I'd let another Day to see them develop better stuff or shake off the trend above, vibes-mostly, I'd feel a tad more optimistic re: TH & lucy than Moonwink.
I involuntarily raise both my eyebrows and place a vote for him. Note that he was somebody I suspected prior to this. I am not voting for him strictly because he typed those three bolded names in that exact manner. But I think there is some merit to "Player Salad", and I view it as supplementary to a larger suspicion here anyway.

I can give a more thorough read on Ricochet later. Right now it is 5:30 in the morning and I've just marathoned my way through this thread overnight so that I could be somewhat informed if I manage to also be awake at the deadline, which I hope to do. I urge people to look into Ricochet if I pass out momentarily. He is comfortably my top suspect after having read the thread in one sitting.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:26 pm
lucy wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:25 pm part of me prefers 10~ pages compared to 70 pages, though around 30 would’ve been nice
Same.

Are you able to articulate your thoughts on TH at all?
been meaning to do this but realized i was (and currently) am late to school, will be write a post on the train
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Player Salad is the signature dish of The Syndicate. Those of you who have been following this tournament closely may have seen one of our head chefs, JaggedJimmyJay, teach the recipe to his fellow townies in Game 6. Player Salad is a dish which can sometimes confound people, but it's really quite simple. The basic recipe is this: "I could lynch Player X, Y, or Z. Maybe W." I am not one to rigorously argue for "mafia tells", but for whatever reason this one has an unusually high success rate. I suppose the above-mentioned configuration suggests that the player lacks conviction, and simultaneously feels a need to compensate for that lack of conviction by lumping several players together in an indistinguishable blend of suspicion: A salad, if you will. I will not say that it is 100% accurate or foolproof, but I give it some weight. So when I see the formula reproduced exactly by Ricochet:
Ricochet wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:05 pmTH is snap-reading and reading-into-meta at times, but everytime I revisit his ISO, something feels thin.

I involuntarily raise both my eyebrows and place a vote for him. Note that he was somebody I suspected prior to this. I am not voting for him strictly because he typed those three bolded names in that exact manner. But I think there is some merit to "Player Salad", and I view it as supplementary to a larger suspicion here anyway.

I can give a more thorough read on Ricochet later. Right now it is 5:30 in the morning and I've just marathoned my way through this thread overnight so that I could be somewhat informed if I manage to also be awake at the deadline, which I hope to do. I urge people to look into Ricochet if I pass out momentarily. He is comfortably my top suspect after having read the thread in one sitting.[/QUOTE]
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

New reads, who dis

Town: Daisy, Bow, Lucy

Don't know: Everyone else
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

have u seen it work before?
Dolby
Money Launderer

Post by Dolby »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:58 pm At this moment I'm not voting for Rico, Spacedaisy, Martin, or Trips.

I'm currently fine with my present vote.
and it becomes a bit yikers. Still think that Epi is town but not vibing with this townlist
TripleHaven wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:47 pm Rio's content has gotten significantly better since my vote on them. Not willing to commit to a full townread but ill probably back off

TSP and dolby both feel like LHF at this point but us yeeting a lowposter feels sort of inevitable until more people get itt and we get a bigger towncore. so like I can't exactly scumread it
was TSP being voted at this point in time? if no i dislike this post
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:41 am I'm gonna sheep @Dyslexicon because apparently the reward was that they + Rico are sharing a day kill.

I'd rather not vote someone who may get shot (therefore making my vote useless).
oh cool.

spacedaisy continues to be town
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:12 am I'll be off for now and likely rest of D1, wish I had more time to spend.

I'll be able to pop back in once a little more than an hour before EoD to change my vote if necessary.

Oh and thing about Dolby, in the off-chance that n1 is my death, was that in a previous game he said he was self-aware that his playstyle was scummy or push-prone
Dolby wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:56 am If anything I'd expect to be scumread based off gamestate bc I hadn't been pushed for only doing easyish meta talk
I thought if he reacted with some sort of acknowledgement of that by now then it would be a point in his favor. But instead they haven't posted at all since my vote on them and just disappeared.
lol

you know what, what you were doing is fine

actually kinda makes me like some people for pushing back on it a bit
lucy wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:05 am I think it's a strategic mistake to vote dizzy d1, therefore I will vote TH, she's pinged me and I can't exactly explain why though
why exactly do you sr dizzy to begin with
lucy wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:21 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:20 am Might recommend blowing up Dolby to motivate him to play
Kim Jung Un's sister is hot tbh
townlock
Dolby
Money Launderer

Post by Dolby »

hey Dizzy

1. has that kill gone through yet ?
2. when is the deadline for it?
3. is ricochet still around?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Dolby wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:32 pm hey Dizzy

Do you have suggestions? He'll be around
Dolby
Money Launderer

Post by Dolby »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:33 pm

still in catchup mode. don't really have suggestions for who rather as much as who not but we do match to an extent anyway. would argue towards one of the three wagons just on a basis of them having votes, though i don't see any of the three as having mutual exclusivity towards each other
Dolby
Money Launderer

Post by Dolby »

i want to create some game theory tables but i don't know how long mapping would take or what considerations i should have in a dual control kill setup
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Dolby wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:35 pm

still in catchup mode. don't really have suggestions for who rather as much as who not but we do match to an extent anyway. would argue towards one of the three wagons just on a basis of them having votes, though i don't see any of the three as having mutual exclusivity towards each other
Thanks. It was a lite anyway. We don't have a shot.

@TripleHaven Is the reason you never commented on who to shoot that you and Rico are mafia, so you knew it was bs anyway? :grin:
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Sloonei;3987777 wrote:A hasty rainbow:

MartinGG99
Spacedaisy

Epi
Lucy

Dizzy
Boquise
TH
Ruri

Jack
Tony

Moonwink
Dolby

Ricochet

Some notes:
As a rule I tried to take a stance on everybody. Jack is a blank spot for the time being, though. I gave Ruri the slightest town lean because I appreciated that he poked his head in despite being under the weather. Maybe it's a sympathy town read.
I came around to a town read on Dizzy as I progressed through the thread. A few of their early posts had me shaking my head, but as I went further along I got the impression that was more to do with cultural differences than alignment.
I lean town on TH. Her thoughts have been somewhat scattered and vague, but I feel like I can see a thread in there which is earnest and independent. I am not currently inclined to vote for her.
I lean town on Lucy as well, though as I got towards the end of the thread and my eyes were getting heavier I admittedly skipped over some of the longer posts, which meant I overlooked a disproportionate amount of Lucy's content. That's not fair to her or a knock against long walls of text. I'm just tired.
Boquise feels genuine but I have not seen him make anything truly meaningful happen in the thread yet.
I do not see a clear sense of direction in Dolby's posts.

I need to close my eyes. I'll set an alarm for an hour or so before the deadline.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I have a hood with Rico, and he was committed to the vig bluff and asked people about it. So that's something I guess.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

sleep well
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Sloonei taking over Boq's body confirmed tbh
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Also lol Boq reading themselves as moderately strong town is my favourite thing so far in this game
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:23 pm I know I've bitched and moaned already, but I'm a bit disappointed that the activity level has been so incredibly low for D1. One of the greater points of D1 is to have content to look back on.

You read as very authentic to me, and none of the points that people raised against you resonated at all with me. I appreciate how direct you are in your posts, and gives you an air of transparency.

I don't really have one set thing that I look for. I try to be inquisitive, and if I feel like I can see a sincere thought process in a person's efforts to solve the game then I will be inclined to read them as town. If they don't, then I won't.
Dolby
Money Launderer

Post by Dolby »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:36 pm
Dolby wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:35 pm

Thanks. It was a lite anyway. We don't have a shot.

@TripleHaven Is the reason you never commented on who to shoot that you and Rico are mafia, so you knew it was bs anyway? :grin:
bro i literally just grabbed my notebook
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Boquise wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:29 pm

I can give a more thorough read on Ricochet later. Right now it is 5:30 in the morning and I've just marathoned my way through this thread overnight so that I could be somewhat informed if I manage to also be awake at the deadline, which I hope to do. I urge people to look into Ricochet if I pass out momentarily. He is comfortably my top suspect after having read the thread in one sitting.
[/quote]

I made the point before, but since I haven't played in years, I've chosen serious playing for this occasion and, in doing so, am going by past instincts and methods. The readlists and the low v-read threshold, irrespective of quality perceived, is a given from me.

3. still not sure I can stay till EOD, but right now, yes
Dolby
Money Launderer

Post by Dolby »

I'd lean pretty strongly towards Dizzy and Ricochet not being teammed at the very least.

Do want to question why the outting happened exactly after my take bc I don't think I'm the last person expected in the thread but I still haven't read two full pages so I might be.
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Ricochet wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:19 pm
Boquise wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:01 pm
Ricochet wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:05 pm Building off this

Not voting the green tier, apart from any massive ping. Would circumstance-wise pass TSP for toDay.

Probably still null on Epig, said his weekend was busy and last bit of activity was about how I'd imagine him having an hour to play here, quoting and answering step by step, working on pings.

Violet seems to step into it, but then stopped at #53 with a town read. mke

Vig choice still up in the air, how many suggestions were made?

Null towards sus listing about the same, except starting to feel better about Jack's latest stuff and maybe worse about Boquise, there's really nothing + blank vote.

And finally, my low list is still there out of more or less principled takes on how I view their MOs.

TH is snap-reading and reading-into-meta at times, but everytime I revisit his ISO, something feels thin.

[VOTE: Moonwink] aubergine
PLAYER SALAD! Right here, smacking me in the face in the Mafia Championship.
Seems fitting to receive this from the extreme of nothing-on-plate. What Mafia Championship?
Boquise wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:04 pm
Ricochet wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:17 am I'm still the same. If it's not your MO to detail reads this early, fine, but your questioning method doesn't amount to much on its own. As town, it would be an ok effort, but not cred-gaining in any way. As mafia, it would seem like credible effort to look, but only surface level.
I do not love this post either. Ricochet shares a list (salad) of vague reads. Lucy asks him to explain said reads. Ricochet gripes, "Not sure what you're expecting of me." He is expecting substantiated reads.

The paragraph that follows is jargon about info-lynching. I continue to disapprove of that strategy.
Lucy didn't ask for explanation on reads, lucy had asked general chat what their read is.
I am far too sleep deprived to give you a satisfying answer at the moment, but suffice to say that none of these are what I'm implying. On the surface it's just an observation of Player Salad™, no more and no less. My vote is on you primarily because of a larger suspicion I had around this particular post of yours. I highlighted a couple other posts of yours in my catch-up.

But I'm less interested in what you could say in defense, and more interested in what you have to say about other players. So just continue doing your thang and I'll check back in once I've had some rest. I apologize for dropping the beginnings of a case and then leaving, but this is a but this is a tight schedule for me.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Boquise wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:39 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:23 pm I know I've bitched and moaned already, but I'm a bit disappointed that the activity level has been so incredibly low for D1. One of the greater points of D1 is to have content to look back on.

You read as very authentic to me, and none of the points that people raised against you resonated at all with me. I appreciate how direct you are in your posts, and gives you an air of transparency.

I don't really have one set thing that I look for. I try to be inquisitive, and if I feel like I can see a sincere thought process in a person's efforts to solve the game then I will be inclined to read them as town. If they don't, then I won't.
Fair.

But um, why are you having a read on yourself in your read list? Did you mean to say Tony or something?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 66
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:11 pm @Jackofhearts2005 If you think TH is town, shouldn't you try to do something about what direction we're going or whatever?
Yeah, I ought to. I've been caught up in meetings.
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

I town-read both of the players tied for the lead right now. for the record
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Dolby wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:41 pm I'd lean pretty strongly towards Dizzy and Ricochet not being teammed at the very least.

Do want to question why the outting happened exactly after my take bc I don't think I'm the last person expected in the thread but I still haven't read two full pages so I might be.
Because I'd rather have all the information be true as we approach EoD, so that people don't vote based on "we can just shoot this person anyway". Plus, I really should sleep right this second, and am planning to be strict with myself and go to bad before EoD.
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

i've read everything.
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:42 pm
Boquise wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:39 pm

Fair.

But um, why are you having a read on yourself in your read list? Did you mean to say Tony or something?
i need to stop posting. the sun is up, goodnight everyone.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Thank you for the input, Boq. I'm very unsure on who my vote will end up on. I'm waiting for Lucy to express their thoughts on TH and see if they resonate with me. I'm also paying attention to both yours and Dolby's thoughts on Rico, coupled with my own. There's other votes I could do, but they would feel like a crap shoot.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Who could we hp to?

Cause all I got is townreads and null reads atm and one set of bad vibes that were proven to at the very least not be that AI.
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:45 pm Thank you for the input, Boq. I'm very unsure on who my vote will end up on. I'm waiting for Lucy to express their thoughts on TH and see if they resonate with me. I'm also paying attention to both yours and Dolby's thoughts on Rico, coupled with my own. There's other votes I could do, but they would feel like a crap shoot.
I’m awake and SuperSaiyan/Moon is still the one that I want to vote for.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

it’ll take a bit, i can’t find my shoes and i have to ride my bike and stuff
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Boquise wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:42 pm I am far too sleep deprived to give you a satisfying answer at the moment, but suffice to say that none of these are what I'm implying. On the surface it's just an observation of Player Salad™, no more and no less. My vote is on you primarily because of a larger suspicion I had around this particular post of yours. I highlighted a couple other posts of yours in my catch-up.

But I'm less interested in what you could say in defense, and more interested in what you have to say about other players. So just continue doing your thang and I'll check back in once I've had some rest. I apologize for dropping the beginnings of a case and then leaving, but this is a but this is a tight schedule for me.
Fair, though before returning, I had stopped with the very analysis you labeled salad, so that's where I was at in saying about others.

There is more content now, but I cannot in earnest say I'll be time left to do my thang on it all at this stage.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

lucy wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:48 pm it’ll take a bit, i can’t find my shoes and i have to ride my bike and stuff
Take care of your self and your life. This is just a game, and not that important anyway. Not that life is important.

Also, I kind of love the fact that you can't find your shoes, though it might be stressful to you. o.o
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

9 minutes.

Somebody do something so I don't have to push for a tie on a nullread and make an ass of myself for no result.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

oh wait. Hour and 9 min.

Return to “The Syndicate's 10-Year Anniversary Festival”