King of the Hill Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

Boquise
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 462
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Re: King of the Hill Mafia

Post by Boquise »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:04 pm At this point the number of people crying that the Porscha wagon is too easy has exceeded the number of people that actually shrugvoted them. They are being widely defended, directly ("the Porscha wagon is too auto and lazy"... as though you have never seen an auto and lazy wagon hit scum before?) and indirectly ("oh no! let's vote, uh, SPF, or Boq, for unclear reasons!"), and this occurred as a direct response to them being run up. They have not been townie since and nobody has given a concrete reason why they are. I particularly really didn't like Lilypetal randomly declaring Porscha's responses are "town indicative" with zero explanation why when she was repping a pretty strong wolfread on Porscha previously.

Porscha's actual defense against the pressure that has been put on her has been that she is being oppressed by the evil bourgeoisie of "strong players", two of which she specifically called out as not voting her. It was borderline ATE and reeked of being caught for the wrong reasons. It read more like someone venting about cliques postgame than anything. When they do express suspicion that there are 2+ strong wolves in the town they don't seem at all interested in figuring out who those wolves are or voting them despite the fact that they seem to think that town is being run over by them.

I don't know why people are defending this slot or what they find townie about Porscha's reaction to pressure so kindly enlighten me if you think Porscha is town.
the last reaction of porscha is stuff i have seen town do more than scum, so thats why I removed my vote tbh
i agree with you on the pushback on her wagon and the immediate blow-out of votes on me following my push on her tbh
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Creature wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:02 pm If Porscha is wolf good chances NANOOK is town for the TMI thing.
if porscha is a wolf then you are looking pretty bad tbh
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 362

Post by Creature »

Boquise wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:10 pm
Creature wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:02 pm If Porscha is wolf good chances NANOOK is town for the TMI thing.
Porscha still remains a shrug lynch and if she flips wolf then the 1/5 rand was in our favor. Unless someone has a good wolfcase for Porscha.
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Porscha wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:08 pm
Boquise wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:06 pm Reposting this since no one read them
Boquise wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:48 am Sorta caught up
Ignoring the Alison vs Mac debate because i have irl stuff to do

I think aro getting into the hypocrisy debate earlier is rand town, because i think scum would just let that battle happen regardless of Alison's and Mac's alignment

I think porsha's shade on me is kinda bad, compared to Lily's
Tho i am more into voting Nook or Jack rn
Neon still deserves a vote
Boquise wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:55 am
Alison wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:52 am
Boquise wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:48 am I think porsha's shade on me is kinda bad, compared to Lily's
Elaborate?
They had strong concern of one of my posts but didn't do anything at all with it.

Which is in the realm of "wolf who knows I am town but doesn't wanna push too hard so they'd look bad" tbh. Or maybe "wolf seeing that I am a potential wagon and feel a need to work up to a vote, fearing that jumping on my wagon will look opportunistic".

Whereas Lily, and even Falcon, wrote more tangible stuff that can make them accountable
I will entertain it now since you've gone thru the work of quoting it.

Yes I shaded it. With vague to no tangible reasoning. call it vibes. Didnt bother responding since I know you wont be satisfied with my answer but it's kind of how I play
We have never played before, so how do you know I wont be satisfied tbh?
Most of the pokes I do are there to... poke. So I can read what the person says. Create a conversation. Start a more concrete read tbh
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Alright I assume we have 3 hours and 45 minutes to EOD.
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Creature wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:12 pm
Porscha still remains a shrug lynch and if she flips wolf then the 1/5 rand was in our favor. Unless someone has a good wolfcase for Porscha.
Whats the difference between the porscha wagon, my wagon, and jack's wagon?

What will your first post be D2 if I end up being misyeeted today tbh?
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 758
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

boq who do u think we should kill today
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Boquise wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:56 pm
Creature wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:47 pm
Boquise wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:37 pm @Creature
Is it your town tell or something to ignore my questions and refuse to engage with me in a meaningful manner on the syndicate? You did that the last time we played here and you wolf read me until I was finally NK'd.

You also wrote in the spec chat game "it is too early to town read Boq" (which is what made me town read you).

So like, I am town reading you now again, but what gives tbh?
In Halvosen Ridge I ignored you until day 3 when I had both you and JJJ as wolves. Since I was right on JJJ being wolf and another town died also believing you two were wolves, I thought you were wolf until like the day before you died. In spec chat game all I did say was that you shluldn't be cleared too easily. Yet I ignored you and you ended up dying anyway.

I remember someone commenting in Halvosen Ridge that you seemed "lone". I also remember in spec chat you were forming actual reads and ended up coming with a readslist. I'm not seeing either things his game, your votes look kinda meh (Porscha is one vote I had in mind), it feels like you're doing lip job service instead of solving (like saying "we should go for someone not solving" and coming with a quick-made list) and hence why I'm concerned about you.
Wtf I have formed several reads this game, produced a read list, and actively engaged with several players. I have pushed Porscha to form a more concrete read, an action that cant be said about many players currently. You are taking 1 post of plenty to mischaracterise my whole play. Also, that list was correct and is also made to make people say something. Neon, Nook and Porscha had all complaints about the list

You complain about nothing happening yet you do nothing to affect the game. You push me and say I am doing nothing when I am the player who is creating the most splash in the thread tbh. I have formed more actual reads than the majority of this game tbqh.

but sure, maybe i should just go
lel i am town
oh u vote me now i will vote u
gn solving hard
i like trains
i picked flowers yesterday
pushing me is a crime against society tbh
i wonder what movie i should watch
cyndaquil is a good starter
poop penis tv show tbh
Am I town read now? I am out of my wolf range tbh

also cold to ignore me like that tbh, have i done something?
also you never responded to this @Creature
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Boquise wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:14 pm

Jack is kinda a shrug lynch too but I feel like he is better able to wiggle himself out if town and I'm also sheeping Mac (and Alison previously).

My reaction to your flip will depend on how I last ended up reading you. Though I don't really think you get lynched today over Jack or Porscha.
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:15 pm boq who do u think we should kill today
my most concrete scum read has been porscha - but she has also done a thing that I have mostly seen by town. Alison's case made me reconsider again.

I think that you, alison, mac, and jack have been side-lining a lot (aside from the mac vs Alison stuff earlier) where you exist and (with the exception of jack) make posts that sound generally good and that's that.
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 289

Post by Alison »

I mean here is the thing. It is extremely rare for Boq and SPF to get run up D1. You can complain about how this is classist or whatever but I'm pretty sure if you look at their games you'll find it is objectively true. So now here we are, 4 hours to EOD1, and SPF and Boq are being voted. The votes on them are bad - for instance Lilypetal has admitted to voting SPF because it was "the worst possible vote I could cast here" and Jack voted Boq for "I don't have a great reason for this".

So I am sitting here and I am thinking to myself why the fuck we are nearing EOD and two players who usually receive strong townreads D1 are getting run up for zero reason. Occam's Razor is just that there are nefarious motives at play and boxed in scum feel the need to create chaos in the thread and try to get away with wild pushes.

Candidates for boxed in scum who feel the need to do this to save themselves: Jack and Porscha, who were top wagons and consensus suspects before this round of voting happened.

Candidates for boxed in scum's accomplices: Lilypetal and maybe Creature.

I think it is virtually guaranteed there is one in Jack/Porscha, if not both, and if so then Lilypetal and Creature need to be put under a microscope (Lilypetal especially for that huge reversal on her Porscha read). I will probably just be voting on one of those two and currently I think it's slightly more likely to be Porscha because of her reaction to pressure.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Boquise wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:09 pm
Alison wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:04 pm At this point the number of people crying that the Porscha wagon is too easy has exceeded the number of people that actually shrugvoted them. They are being widely defended, directly ("the Porscha wagon is too auto and lazy"... as though you have never seen an auto and lazy wagon hit scum before?) and indirectly ("oh no! let's vote, uh, SPF, or Boq, for unclear reasons!"), and this occurred as a direct response to them being run up. They have not been townie since and nobody has given a concrete reason why they are. I particularly really didn't like Lilypetal randomly declaring Porscha's responses are "town indicative" with zero explanation why when she was repping a pretty strong wolfread on Porscha previously.

Porscha's actual defense against the pressure that has been put on her has been that she is being oppressed by the evil bourgeoisie of "strong players", two of which she specifically called out as not voting her. It was borderline ATE and reeked of being caught for the wrong reasons. It read more like someone venting about cliques postgame than anything. When they do express suspicion that there are 2+ strong wolves in the town they don't seem at all interested in figuring out who those wolves are or voting them despite the fact that they seem to think that town is being run over by them.

I don't know why people are defending this slot or what they find townie about Porscha's reaction to pressure so kindly enlighten me if you think Porscha is town.
the last reaction of porscha is stuff i have seen town do more than scum, so thats why I removed my vote tbh
i agree with you on the pushback on her wagon and the immediate blow-out of votes on me following my push on her tbh
I have a firm belief that ATE is scummy. I know many people do not share this, and I don't have the time or inclination to relitigate it here. I'm just explaining why the whole classism rant struck me as being very wolfy.
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Creature wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:18 pm
Boquise wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:14 pm

Jack is kinda a shrug lynch too but I feel like he is better able to wiggle himself out if town and I'm also sheeping Mac (and Alison previously).

My reaction to your flip will depend on how I last ended up reading you. Though I don't really think you get lynched today over Jack or Porscha.
you yourself havent really given us much other options tbh
what would not be a shrug yeet

what do you mean "depend on how I last ended up reading you"? Why would previous games matter here?
I am currently the likeliest to be misyeeted. You are currently wolf reading me and shading me - I hope you take the responsibility tbh
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Boquise wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:18 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:15 pm boq who do u think we should kill today
my most concrete scum read has been porscha - but she has also done a thing that I have mostly seen by town. Alison's case made me reconsider again.

I think that you, alison, mac, and jack have been side-lining a lot (aside from the mac vs Alison stuff earlier) where you exist and (with the exception of jack) make posts that sound generally good and that's that.
:huh:
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I actually find Jack's vote on Boq wolfy so I'm prob going for Jack/Porscha before Boq.
Alison

Post by Alison »

The more Creature baselessly calls votes shrug yeets and implies that they are essentially =rand when people have dropped entire cases on them and called them outed etc. the more I think he is partners with Porscha and was caught with his pants down.
Lilypetal
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 723
Aka: lily

Post by Lilypetal »

Saying I was "repping a pretty strong wolfread" is a misunderstanding or misrepresentation. I had at most a very weak scum read because I was miffed that Porscha wasn't working with me and I felt like v!porscha would've responded differently to my posts. My vote was only ever a pressure vote so that Porscha would do something and I could hopefully find her as town or help bury w!porscha
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I guess I slightly prefer Jack over Porscha. Porscha suddenly getting 6 votes made me shiver because I don't know much about Porscha and she feels like popular mislynch option.
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:19 pm
Boquise wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:09 pm

I have a firm belief that ATE is scummy. I know many people do not share this, and I don't have the time or inclination to relitigate it here. I'm just explaining why the whole classism rant struck me as being very wolfy.
i agree with you that the classist post is wolfy.

However, the sort of AtE that I quoted and gave town points for is something I have seen more in town than scum. I have a few recent examples. I am kicking myself for forgetting the word that describes the whole thing though
Alison

Post by Alison »

Lilypetal wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:21 pm

Saying I was "repping a pretty strong wolfread" is a misunderstanding or misrepresentation. I had at most a very weak scum read because I was miffed that Porscha wasn't working with me and I felt like v!porscha would've responded differently to my posts. My vote was only ever a pressure vote so that Porscha would do something and I could hopefully find her as town or help bury w!porscha
So what did you find townie about Porscha's reaction?
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

I will agree that her reply was AtE-y and I am effected by AtE a lot and that is part of why I town read her though.
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

it just seemed like frustrated town more than caught wolf idk
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:20 pm

what
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 48

Post by falcon45ca »

Boquise wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:32 pm
Lilypetal wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:31 pm @Jackofhearts2005 @Seanzie @falcon45ca @Creature

what's the case on boq
"disappointing"
"not confident"
"he scum read me and it gave me unhappy feelings"
"I am writing a fanfiction"
"dont ask me why"

pick your fav tbh
Actually, it's stuff like this
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:23 pm
Boquise wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:32 pm
Lilypetal wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:31 pm @Jackofhearts2005 @Seanzie @falcon45ca @Creature

what's the case on boq
"disappointing"
"not confident"
"he scum read me and it gave me unhappy feelings"
"I am writing a fanfiction"
"dont ask me why"

pick your fav tbh
Actually, it's stuff like this
i am aware that this sniffs into the "caught for the wrong reasons" territory, but i think, after trying to work with people, I deserve to write satire tbh
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Boquise wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:23 pm

what
weirded out by you describing me, alison, and mac as "side-lining" when we have almost singlehandedly been steering the momentum of the game but it's probably not an alignment indicative thing

if youre town then you should vote jack with me
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:21 pm The more Creature baselessly calls votes shrug yeets and implies that they are essentially =rand when people have dropped entire cases on them and called them outed etc. the more I think he is partners with Porscha and was caught with his pants down.
I'm challenging people to come up with cases. I pretty much started with wolfreading Porscha but got concerned I was myself just confbiasing her and others were jumping in for easy mislynch.
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:24 pm

what
weirded out by you describing me, alison, and mac as "side-lining" when we have almost singlehandedly been steering the momentum of the game but it's probably not an alignment indicative thing

but there is no momentum in this game, thats the problem tbh

why jack over porscha. I will sleep in a few minutes tbh
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I wonder if Boq is frustrated at me because I called him "disappointing". That sounds towny from him, but I feel like he can fake frustration like he did in Pokemash.
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

i think porscha is v but i understand that my weakness to AtE will be the death of me and I am not opposed to that wagon after the Alison post.

The only players I refuse to vote today are Boquise and Neon because I believe they are both 100% town
Alison

Post by Alison »

Lilypetal wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:23 pm it just seemed like frustrated town more than caught wolf idk
Do you believe that Porscha would find it impossible, or even mildly difficult, to fake ATE on that level?

I think it would be very easy for wolf Porscha to do ATE like that. I suspect that Porscha really does believe the classism rant on some level, and they drew it into their rant to grant it authenticity because it was something they genuinely believed. This is why I said it sounded like a rant that someone would make in postgame, or in DVC. And it also explains how little sense the rant itself makes - they're saying that the whole town is just waiting around for me/Mac to make reads to sheep them, but at the time me and Mac were both parked on Jack, not Porscha. If the town really just sheeped us then they would be voting Jack... which means there is no logical or psychological reason for Porscha to identify me and Mac and the respect that the town pays our reads as the source of the pressure on them. It is out of place because it's a genuine sentiment that they're trying to shoehorn in to fit the gamestate when it doesn't.
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

I'm unsure of Alison's framing of me comes from town or not. I want to read it as a misunderstanding but if she's scum it's an easy set up for a ML on me later on
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:21 pm The more Creature baselessly calls votes shrug yeets and implies that they are essentially =rand when people have dropped entire cases on them and called them outed etc. the more I think he is partners with Porscha and was caught with his pants down.
Btw who else was calling Porscha an easy vote besides me and maybe Lilypetal?
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Creature wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:26 pm I wonder if Boq is frustrated at me because I called him "disappointing". That sounds towny from him, but I feel like he can fake frustration like he did in Pokemash.
im hurt in the meow meow that you decided to ignore me in three games and idk what i have done to offend the creature tbh
Alison

Post by Alison »

Creature wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:24 pm
I'm challenging people to come up with cases. I pretty much started with wolfreading Porscha but got concerned I was myself just confbiasing her and others were jumping in for easy mislynch.
I have been dropping cases on Porscha ever since I came back. Have you read them?
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 48

Post by falcon45ca »

Calling a player outed doesn't mean it's so.

Do you think Creature distances a scum teammate like that D1, given the popularity of Porschas wagon?
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:27 pm
Lilypetal wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:23 pm it just seemed like frustrated town more than caught wolf idk
Do you believe that Porscha would find it impossible, or even mildly difficult, to fake ATE on that level?

I think it would be very easy for wolf Porscha to do ATE like that. I suspect that Porscha really does believe the classism rant on some level, and they drew it into their rant to grant it authenticity because it was something they genuinely believed. This is why I said it sounded like a rant that someone would make in postgame, or in DVC. And it also explains how little sense the rant itself makes - they're saying that the whole town is just waiting around for me/Mac to make reads to sheep them, but at the time me and Mac were both parked on Jack, not Porscha. If the town really just sheeped us then they would be voting Jack... which means there is no logical or psychological reason for Porscha to identify me and Mac and the respect that the town pays our reads as the source of the pressure on them. It is out of place because it's a genuine sentiment that they're trying to shoehorn in to fit the gamestate when it doesn't.
I have never seen wolf Porscha. I have seen town porscha be snarky a lot so her posts fit my internal idea of who Porscha is. I agree with what you're saying though and it's entirely possible she's AtE'ing as a wolf. I really don't know what's correct at the end of the day, but I want to believe she's V.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Boquise wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:26 pm

what

i agree the gamestate has actually been pretty slow/stagnant in general, but i wouldn't go as far as to say it has "no momentum". in either case, i don't understand why you described the few players in this game who have actually been attempting to create momentum as being the ones who are sitting in the sidelines, but i dont really care enough to pursue it further

i think the posts that jack has made so far are borderline gibberish and represent a thought process that i find it difficult to believe that he would have as town (ie: "i think SPF's description of neon is scummy but i'm not allowed to push on SPF because neon thinks SPF is town, but also, i don't think that neon is town either"), he made several posts that gestured toward solving without actually doing it (ie: asking for opinions on porscha and the never following up with it), and his vote on you was uncharacteristically lazy

i'm not really sold on him being mafia but i do think his posts are probably the worst out of everyone who has posted so far, and if he is town then i know he is capable of doing much better
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 77
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:47 pm anyway i finished catching up with the thread and i actually think that jack looks the worst out of all the people who posted when i was gone.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:11 am Neon's iso is pretty much flufftastic. I know that's shite of me to say but it's true.
Neon wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:48 am
Alison wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:11 am @Neon You seem convinced that there is a wolf in the people who have pushed you but that I specifically am wrong town. Why?
Because people who push me for my approach to the game day 1 especially when I'm more relaxed and memey than normal are almost always town and almost always think they have some amazing solve on me when in fact I'm just being myself.

They give woofs an easy wagon to jump on and put pressure on because like okay someone else started it the reasons look good enough at a base level and it's easy to jump off if needed or to hand wave when I flip town.

Your not the first you won't be the last and it happens in almost every game with people I've never played with before when I'm at my most natural self. Lately I've been kinda not being me and trying to emulate the games of the really good players I respect but I'm shit at it so now I'm in this weird juxtaposition where people who have specced me lately expect me to be like I was in champs or since than and people who know me from before expect me to be goofy anime meme girl when in truth I don't even know who I am anymore so I kinda decided to try to be old me again... cause that's when I had fun in mafia and was like actually kinda good at it.

Anyways point is. You created a wagon that's easy for woofs to use to get a misexe if I don't change my play or to get off of if I do without much suspicion. I don't think a woof starts the wagon I do think at least one jumps on it as it gains traction though.
Mood. I do wanna see more follow up to this, though.

Mac thinks Neon is totes town. SPF thinks Neon looks like a frozen wolf and I tend to think "frozen wolf" isn't a thing that happens fucking D1. But then Neon is like "SPF is my top townie."

:kadaj:
i dislike jack characterizing neon as "fluffastic" only to use neon's read on me as an excuse not to read me or push on me further. it feels like jack is attempting to position himself to vote neon as needed while also using neon's read on me as a crutch to avoid giving a stance on my alignment

in general, this train of thought doesn't make any sense to me - if jack thinks that i am mischaracterizing neon's play or describing her in a wolfy way, then i would expect him to pursue that read further instead of lazily giving up because someone who he doesn't even townread is calling me down. it borders on word salad because of how difficult the logic is to follow

i also dislike him asking a question about porscha (ie: "is porscha playing scummy this game?"") and then choosing not to self-preserve on porscha while still giving himself the space to vote her later if it becomes strategically necessary. i feel the same way about his vote on boq - it came out of nowhere and i find it difficult to believe that jack!town would be comfortable leaving his vote parked on boq on d1 of a game like this, especially without a clear reason
This is all kinda silly.

I choose to not vote Neon. I didn’t position shit.

I choose to vote for Boq thinking the day was about to end and then shrug left. My vote for Boq is real like Republican economic theory.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Lilypetal wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:28 pm I'm unsure of Alison's framing of me comes from town or not. I want to read it as a misunderstanding but if she's scum it's an easy set up for a ML on me later on
I'm reading you as Porscha's accomplice and my suspicion against you has been centered on the way you have treated Porscha. In fact if Porscha flips town much of your play will be vindicated.

Are you TMI-ing that Porscha will flip wolf, in saying that I'm setting you up to be executed?
Alison

Post by Alison »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:29 pm
Calling a player outed doesn't mean it's so.

Do you think Creature distances a scum teammate like that D1, given the popularity of Porschas wagon?
The point of defending a teammate is to save them from death. If you only defended teammates when their wagons were unpopular, you would only defend teammates when they aren't at risk of death.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:29 pm
I have been dropping cases on Porscha ever since I came back. Have you read them?
I read the one with two paragraphs. The second paragraph is fair. Though the first paragraph seemed like a gamestate read yet I feel like I was the main component of your gamestate read (the one calling Porscha an easy vote). Am I missing someone?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:30 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:47 pm anyway i finished catching up with the thread and i actually think that jack looks the worst out of all the people who posted when i was gone.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:11 am Neon's iso is pretty much flufftastic. I know that's shite of me to say but it's true.
Neon wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:48 am
Alison wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:11 am @Neon You seem convinced that there is a wolf in the people who have pushed you but that I specifically am wrong town. Why?
Because people who push me for my approach to the game day 1 especially when I'm more relaxed and memey than normal are almost always town and almost always think they have some amazing solve on me when in fact I'm just being myself.

They give woofs an easy wagon to jump on and put pressure on because like okay someone else started it the reasons look good enough at a base level and it's easy to jump off if needed or to hand wave when I flip town.

Your not the first you won't be the last and it happens in almost every game with people I've never played with before when I'm at my most natural self. Lately I've been kinda not being me and trying to emulate the games of the really good players I respect but I'm shit at it so now I'm in this weird juxtaposition where people who have specced me lately expect me to be like I was in champs or since than and people who know me from before expect me to be goofy anime meme girl when in truth I don't even know who I am anymore so I kinda decided to try to be old me again... cause that's when I had fun in mafia and was like actually kinda good at it.

Anyways point is. You created a wagon that's easy for woofs to use to get a misexe if I don't change my play or to get off of if I do without much suspicion. I don't think a woof starts the wagon I do think at least one jumps on it as it gains traction though.
Mood. I do wanna see more follow up to this, though.

Mac thinks Neon is totes town. SPF thinks Neon looks like a frozen wolf and I tend to think "frozen wolf" isn't a thing that happens fucking D1. But then Neon is like "SPF is my top townie."

:kadaj:
i dislike jack characterizing neon as "fluffastic" only to use neon's read on me as an excuse not to read me or push on me further. it feels like jack is attempting to position himself to vote neon as needed while also using neon's read on me as a crutch to avoid giving a stance on my alignment

in general, this train of thought doesn't make any sense to me - if jack thinks that i am mischaracterizing neon's play or describing her in a wolfy way, then i would expect him to pursue that read further instead of lazily giving up because someone who he doesn't even townread is calling me down. it borders on word salad because of how difficult the logic is to follow

i also dislike him asking a question about porscha (ie: "is porscha playing scummy this game?"") and then choosing not to self-preserve on porscha while still giving himself the space to vote her later if it becomes strategically necessary. i feel the same way about his vote on boq - it came out of nowhere and i find it difficult to believe that jack!town would be comfortable leaving his vote parked on boq on d1 of a game like this, especially without a clear reason
This is all kinda silly.

I choose to not vote Neon. I didn’t position shit.

I choose to vote for Boq thinking the day was about to end and then shrug left. My vote for Boq is real like Republican economic theory.
okay but why would you choose to vote boq and make him the leading wagon if you thought that the day was about to end, especially since you hadn't mentioned boq in your ISO before that point? is boq really a player that you're OK with killing on d1 without having any particular read on him? why not vote for porscha or literally any other person that isn't boq?
Alison

Post by Alison »

@Jackofhearts2005 Justify voting Boquise over Porscha.

"For bad reasons" is not an acceptable answer.

I will be back like an hour before EOD or slightly less and I will read it then. I have to go for now because I have school.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I also choose not to vote Porscha because nobody told me that she had in fact been scummy. That’s not Porscha’s scum meta.

Really don’t like SPF down the line throwing out this nonsense.

Feels similar to that scum SPF I saw in a mash.

Imagine actually thinking that a wolf with 1 stated read concocts fake reasons to not provide a read on players.
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:30 pm
Boquise wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:26 pm

what

i agree the gamestate has actually been pretty slow/stagnant in general, but i wouldn't go as far as to say it has "no momentum". in either case, i don't understand why you described the few players in this game who have actually been attempting to create momentum as being the ones who are sitting in the sidelines, but i dont really care enough to pursue it further

i think the posts that jack has made so far are borderline gibberish and represent a thought process that i find it difficult to believe that he would have as town (ie: "i think SPF's description of neon is scummy but i'm not allowed to push on SPF because neon thinks SPF is town, but also, i don't think that neon is town either"), he made several posts that gestured toward solving without actually doing it (ie: asking for opinions on porscha and the never following up with it), and his vote on you was uncharacteristically lazy

i'm not really sold on him being mafia but i do think his posts are probably the worst out of everyone who has posted so far, and if he is town then i know he is capable of doing much better
okay, but i wanna explain myself some more tbh
like, yes, sure, there IS some momentum.

In my experience, when the wagons are stagnant/day feels slow, and a town (me in this case) gets pushed for just being around and trying to play properly, and a lot of lhf names are thrown around, scum is sitting comfy and just steers the game without getting their hands dirty. Thats the impression I got when playing today tbh. That a wolf is most likely located in that sweet spot tbh.

i've seen jack be lazy as both alignments, but alright. I will consider. I am currently following Alison's Porscha take and re-evaluating my own conclusion. We'll see where I land tbh
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Boquise wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:29 pm
Creature wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:26 pm I wonder if Boq is frustrated at me because I called him "disappointing". That sounds towny from him, but I feel like he can fake frustration like he did in Pokemash.
im hurt in the meow meow that you decided to ignore me in three games and idk what i have done to offend the creature tbh
I'm not frustrated. I feel like I prob have hurt you somewhat by calling your play this game "disappointing" and so I pointed out that maybe you were frustrated at it and that's kinda towny from you (with the drawback that it's not really clearing because I feel like you've done the same as wolf in Pokemash).
Alison

Post by Alison »

Creature wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:31 pm
Alison wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:29 pm
I read the one with two paragraphs. The second paragraph is fair. Though the first paragraph seemed like a gamestate read yet I feel like I was the main component of your gamestate read (the one calling Porscha an easy vote). Am I missing someone?
You missed the one where I argued that SPF and Boquise being run up for unclear reasons EOD1 is >>rand likely to be the result of evil intentions, and that the most obvious reason for it is relieving pressure off Porscha.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:32 pm @Jackofhearts2005 Justify voting Boquise over Porscha.

"For bad reasons" is not an acceptable answer.

I will be back like an hour before EOD or slightly less and I will read it then. I have to go for now because I have school.
“Because I don’t think Porscha is a wolf.”

And also

“Mind your own business”
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:30 pm
Lilypetal wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:28 pm I'm unsure of Alison's framing of me comes from town or not. I want to read it as a misunderstanding but if she's scum it's an easy set up for a ML on me later on
I'm reading you as Porscha's accomplice and my suspicion against you has been centered on the way you have treated Porscha. In fact if Porscha flips town much of your play will be vindicated.

Are you TMI-ing that Porscha will flip wolf, in saying that I'm setting you up to be executed?
No, I'm saying in the world that Porscha is your accomplice you are setting me up to be executed.

Return to “Previous Hustles”