Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 279
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: King of the Hill Mafia

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:39 am
Boquise wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:59 am
Creature wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:57 am
Boquise wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:56 am i feel like maybe the right play is to push those who do not provide any read or real content tbh
Alright. Who fits that category then?
neon, porscha, missparkles but yeh rondo just arrived, jack, nanook if i am fair tbh
I said reads
Weird me too.
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
Spoiler: show
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Alison
Posts in topic: 289
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

I am awake. Probably going to slowly catchup as I attend class, when I can spare pulling my attention away.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Lilypetal
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 723
Aka: lily

Post by Lilypetal »

arogame123 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:14 am
Lilypetal wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:38 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:34 pm maybe im getting pocketed by lily too easily lol, i just wasnt expecting her to vote a name that the majority of the thread had been townreading and who would be reasonably "scary" to go up against as a wolf and then explicitly ask me NOT to vote with her or join her on the wagon
okay tbf i dont know who boq is so a w!lily is probably just being a silly goose in that scenario

i didn't want you to join because you extending a hand to me was heartwarming enough and gave me motivation to solve alignments and I couldn't in good conscious also have you vote with me

i will use that motivation I've been given to continue figuring out my world view and hopefully make myself obv town
I know you mentioned you were frustrated by getting "easily sr" but from ur pov, did u think all the people that sr you were reasonable or did you find anyone that was potentially being opportunistic?

Reading on reads on myself is one of the easiest ways I find ways to read others, so I was wondering if you had any thoughts on that.
i didn't think spf or creature were being opportunistic just were reading into my posts incorrectly

thats part of the frustration cuz if i thought there was a wolf i would jump at it
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 77
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Alison wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:50 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:09 pm Based on the split vote count and nobody voting for me in spite of me 1 posting, I’d guess there are some opinionated people and not a clear towncore/poe.

I’ve been playing video games and working all day. Ping me with cases. Kthx
I suspect Neon, and I've briefly outlined my suspicion here. There's not a lot of focused solving, and part of that is that the thread feels low energy.
I can't believe only one person responded to my request for cases.

I mean, I kinda can but I wanted more. I'll look into this.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Lmao Alison is voting for me.
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:06 am Holy shit I am so submissive and breedable right now. This is all I am going to say for the rest of the day.
i believe this is towny
☆Princess Abigail☆

I miss queek

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

Lilypetal wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:05 am
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:06 am Holy shit I am so submissive and breedable right now. This is all I am going to say for the rest of the day.
i believe this is towny
I believe this is... something

ImageImage

Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

yeah like tbh porscha is probably a wolf here i don't think her sidestepping my @'s for reads/talking to me are like super AI but her general play is incredibly stilted and I think she may just be a wolf here. Gonna park my vote there until she does something. Sorry porscha

[VOTE: Porscha] aubergine
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Neon's iso is pretty much flufftastic. I know that's shite of me to say but it's true.
Neon wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:48 am
Alison wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:11 am @Neon You seem convinced that there is a wolf in the people who have pushed you but that I specifically am wrong town. Why?
Because people who push me for my approach to the game day 1 especially when I'm more relaxed and memey than normal are almost always town and almost always think they have some amazing solve on me when in fact I'm just being myself.

They give woofs an easy wagon to jump on and put pressure on because like okay someone else started it the reasons look good enough at a base level and it's easy to jump off if needed or to hand wave when I flip town.

Your not the first you won't be the last and it happens in almost every game with people I've never played with before when I'm at my most natural self. Lately I've been kinda not being me and trying to emulate the games of the really good players I respect but I'm shit at it so now I'm in this weird juxtaposition where people who have specced me lately expect me to be like I was in champs or since than and people who know me from before expect me to be goofy anime meme girl when in truth I don't even know who I am anymore so I kinda decided to try to be old me again... cause that's when I had fun in mafia and was like actually kinda good at it.

Anyways point is. You created a wagon that's easy for woofs to use to get a misexe if I don't change my play or to get off of if I do without much suspicion. I don't think a woof starts the wagon I do think at least one jumps on it as it gains traction though.
Mood. I do wanna see more follow up to this, though.

Mac thinks Neon is totes town. SPF thinks Neon looks like a frozen wolf and I tend to think "frozen wolf" isn't a thing that happens fucking D1. But then Neon is like "SPF is my top townie."

:kadaj:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Isn't Porscha bad at being a wolf? Is she particularly wolfy here?
☆Princess Abigail☆

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:11 am Neon's iso is pretty much flufftastic. I know that's shite of me to say but it's true.
Alison wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:11 am @Neon You seem convinced that there is a wolf in the people who have pushed you but that I specifically am wrong town. Why?
Because people who push me for my approach to the game day 1 especially when I'm more relaxed and memey than normal are almost always town and almost always think they have some amazing solve on me when in fact I'm just being myself.

They give woofs an easy wagon to jump on and put pressure on because like okay someone else started it the reasons look good enough at a base level and it's easy to jump off if needed or to hand wave when I flip town.

Your not the first you won't be the last and it happens in almost every game with people I've never played with before when I'm at my most natural self. Lately I've been kinda not being me and trying to emulate the games of the really good players I respect but I'm shit at it so now I'm in this weird juxtaposition where people who have specced me lately expect me to be like I was in champs or since than and people who know me from before expect me to be goofy anime meme girl when in truth I don't even know who I am anymore so I kinda decided to try to be old me again... cause that's when I had fun in mafia and was like actually kinda good at it.

Anyways point is. You created a wagon that's easy for woofs to use to get a misexe if I don't change my play or to get off of if I do without much suspicion. I don't think a woof starts the wagon I do think at least one jumps on it as it gains traction though.

Mac thinks Neon is totes town. SPF thinks Neon looks like a frozen wolf and I tend to think "frozen wolf" isn't a thing that happens fucking D1. But then Neon is like "SPF is my top townie."

Why is SPF being my top town so bad?

Frozen woof doesn't happen d1 and I defs don't act like this.

Mac thinks I'm town and is the only person to actually realize I've posted content within the memes lol.

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:11 am Isn't Porscha bad at being a wolf? Is she particularly wolfy here?
I dunno feel like the only person who would give Porscha some of my tea this game though.

ImageImage

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 388

Post by MacDougall »

Alison

No votes Voters: Nonearogame123,

No votes Voters: NoneBoquise

6% Voters: SeanzieCreature

6% Voters: lucyFalcon45ca

No votes Voters: NoneJackofhearts2005

11% Voters: Alison, MacDougallLilypetal

No votes Voters: Nonelucy

No votes Voters: NoneMacDougall

No votes Voters: NoneMissSparkles

6% Voters: CreatureNANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME

6% Voters: RondoDimBuckleNeon

No votes Voters: NonePorscha

22% Voters: staypositivefriend, Boquise, arogame123, LilypetalSeanzie

11% Voters: NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, falcon45castaypositivefriend

No votes Voters: Nonesleep (no elim)

6% Voters: Neonim just here for popcorn (spec)

28% Voters: Sabiplz, MissSparkles, JaggedJimmyJay, Scotty, Marmot Total votes: 18
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Neon wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:13 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:11 am Neon's iso is pretty much flufftastic. I know that's shite of me to say but it's true.

Mac thinks I'm town and is the only person to actually realize I've posted content within the memes lol.
It's not bad. It's just like...

Suppose Neon is a townie and is in fact the kind of townie that wolves will want to push on for being fluffy and other bullshit.
Here's SPF saying Neon is frozen, which sounds like bullshit so maybe SPF is actually the wolf, here.
But Neon says SPF is a townie.

It's just kinda obvious derailing of promising directions I could look into.
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 362

Post by Creature »

☆Princess Abigail☆

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:18 am

Suppose Neon is a townie and is in fact the kind of townie that wolves will want to push on for being fluffy and other bullshit.
Here's SPF saying Neon is frozen, which sounds like bullshit so maybe SPF is actually the wolf, here.

I mean I think SPF is wrong and their reasoning on my slot is wrong but that doesn't mean they can't be town right?

ImageImage

Alison

Post by Alison »

I think Neon has been townie in recent pages.
☆Princess Abigail☆

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:22 am I think Neon has been townie in recent pages.

Believe in the me that believes in me.

ImageImage

Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

Neon wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:24 am
Alison wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:22 am I think Neon has been townie in recent pages.

Believe in the me that believes in me.
god i love playing with u
Alison

Post by Alison »

Sorry, I was in class and was tapping out a quick one liner before packing up.

Elaborating on this: I think Neon is comfortable with the suspicion on her, and this is townie. She has also made stabs at solving (eg. in suggesting that there's a wolf in her voters, and that SPF is town) despite the pressure, and this solving has a degree of nuance to it (like arguing that there's a mafia in her voters but that the person who started the vote probably isn't) that I wouldn't expect from a low-effort wolf who's just throwing out takes out of obligation.

I don't think it ~clears~ her but it's a marked improvement from her early content and I don't feel a desire to kill her.
Alison

Post by Alison »

If Neon is indeed town then Lilypetal looks pretty good off that, insofar as she was presented with a pretty golden opportunity to pile on Neon (when SPF offered to doublevote with her) with little accountability (given the talk at the time, it's likely I would have taken the lion's share of any blame for a Neon flip), and not only chose not to take it, but insisted on engaging with Neon to try to "find her" before declaring Neon to be super townie and asking everyone to get off her.

If Lilypeta is mafia treating town Neon in this way, it looks an awful lot like an attempt to pocket Neon. But I don't think wolves would be seeing town Neon as a slot to pocket right now so I don't think that's the case either, which means that if Neon is town then Lilypetal likely is as well.
Alison

Post by Alison »

@MacDougall Why are my reasons for townreading Falcon bad? Also what's with "voting Seanzie seems like something town Nook would do so I can give him a pass for it"... do you think scum Nook is unable to realize that and take the opportunity to vote Seanzie with little accountability? Surely it's just NAI and not pass-worthy.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:18 am It's not bad. It's just like...

Wolves are frozen on D1 all the time so I don't think it's a bullshit take. I had similar suspicions on Neon myself before her recent bout of townie posting.

Why does Neon saying SPF is a townie derail your previous belief that "SPF is actually the wolf"?
Alison

Post by Alison »

I wonder if it's wise to angleshoot that Rondo would put in extra effort to try to snow me if he was wolf and that he's townie because he clearly doesn't care about doing so.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Thoughts on Seanzie?
Alison

Post by Alison »

Creature wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:44 am Thoughts on Seanzie?
Think he's town still
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 278
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

I'm hopping on so I don't get called out for not voting my partner
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Alright you all should probably start pushing for the player you believe to be most likely a hit otherwise we'll just lazylynch Porscha here.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Take a fucking stance instead of clowning around.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Neon wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:14 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:11 am Isn't Porscha bad at being a wolf? Is she particularly wolfy here?
I dunno feel like the only person who would give Porscha some of my tea this game though.
It's flu season. Do not share drinks.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Neon wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:20 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:18 am

I mean I think SPF is wrong and their reasoning on my slot is wrong but that doesn't mean they can't be town right?
Right. But it would have been a place to look at.
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:31 am Then againnnn...

I am an expert at wagonomics and due to the wagon spread the below holds very likely to be 1 wolf in each grouping (removing myself because duh).

JOH, Alison, Creature - Strong because it's ro4 not 3 so 1 wolf being in this group is very likely. All of Alison/Creature/Mac voting a town is relatively unlikely, but offset by the fact that I think we're just voting Jack because he's rand, but then there are no wolves voting someone who is easy to push? So there is very likely a difference check between Jack and one of his three voters and it's most likely Jack himself because of the lack of wolves voting (and if one of Creature is a wolf voting, it makes him >rand wolf for bussing tbh).

Creature, Neon, Lucy - Not strong (given I drove it and was probs wrong and Neon/Lucy are sheeping). If there is one here I think it's always Creature because of strength of read on Neon/Lucy.

Porscha, SPF, Boq - Strong. Similar to the first grouping, it's relatively unlikely that town SPF and town Boq would not be voting a wolf. That is just a read on their town quality. I think Porscha is approaching the limit of her scumrange in this game though, and SPF is a beacon of town virtue here so Boq is looking like ass in this grouping.

Seanzie, Nanook, Falcon - I feel like Seanzie is very towny. Falcon isn't really out of his scumrange and is just being given a pass by Alison for bad reasons. Nanook voting seanzie here just feels like something town Nanook would be doing so I can give him a pass for it. Town Nanook and town Falcon voting town Seanzie should have attracted a bad wolf vote by now so again I think there is probably 1 here and it's probably Falcon.

I would tend to think the mafia is composed in some formation of the below

JOH/Alison
Porscha/Boq
Seanzie/Nanook/Falcon

And I am thinking right now it's probably Jack, Boquise, Falcon.
Aside from one thing I've done, I am fully in my scumrange. Also, you've been pushing a lot gor Creature (albiet on and off), a lot more than I'd expect if you have them in a group of 3 and only comment that you single them out because you hve stronger reads on the other two.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:37 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:18 am It's not bad. It's just like...

Wolves are frozen on D1 all the time so I don't think it's a bullshit take. I had similar suspicions on Neon myself before her recent bout of townie posting.

Why does Neon saying SPF is a townie derail your previous belief that "SPF is actually the wolf"?
Because I'm only going to put minimal effort into this game. :grin:

So I don't feel like looking into anyone that is townread by 1 out of 1 player I've read expressing a read on them.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Neon wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:09 am
arogame123 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:52 am @Neon Since you are here, do you have any reads currently? I haven't swifted through the pages yet.
People I'd like to drink tea with

SPF
Mac

People I'd share a cookie with

Aro
Seanzie

People I would kick out of my house with no reservations

Creature
Boq
Falcon
This is a bad list.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

MacDougall wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:31 am Then againnnn...

I am an expert at wagonomics and due to the wagon spread the below holds very likely to be 1 wolf in each grouping (removing myself because duh).

JOH, Alison, Creature - Strong because it's ro4 not 3 so 1 wolf being in this group is very likely. All of Alison/Creature/Mac voting a town is relatively unlikely, but offset by the fact that I think we're just voting Jack because he's rand, but then there are no wolves voting someone who is easy to push? So there is very likely a difference check between Jack and one of his three voters and it's most likely Jack himself because of the lack of wolves voting (and if one of Creature is a wolf voting, it makes him >rand wolf for bussing tbh).

Creature, Neon, Lucy - Not strong (given I drove it and was probs wrong and Neon/Lucy are sheeping). If there is one here I think it's always Creature because of strength of read on Neon/Lucy.

Porscha, SPF, Boq - Strong. Similar to the first grouping, it's relatively unlikely that town SPF and town Boq would not be voting a wolf. That is just a read on their town quality. I think Porscha is approaching the limit of her scumrange in this game though, and SPF is a beacon of town virtue here so Boq is looking like ass in this grouping.

Seanzie, Nanook, Falcon - I feel like Seanzie is very towny. Falcon isn't really out of his scumrange and is just being given a pass by Alison for bad reasons. Nanook voting seanzie here just feels like something town Nanook would be doing so I can give him a pass for it. Town Nanook and town Falcon voting town Seanzie should have attracted a bad wolf vote by now so again I think there is probably 1 here and it's probably Falcon.

I would tend to think the mafia is composed in some formation of the below

JOH/Alison
Porscha/Boq
Seanzie/Nanook/Falcon

And I am thinking right now it's probably Jack, Boquise, Falcon.
Lol what is this nonsense?
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

arogame123 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:17 am Thanks, if I have the chance I will try to read those later tomorrow! No promises tho
Did you ever read any of the games you asked me for?

[VOTE: arogame123] aubergine

Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Lilypetal wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:07 am yeah like tbh porscha is probably a wolf here i don't think her sidestepping my @'s for reads/talking to me are like super AI but her general play is incredibly stilted and I think she may just be a wolf here. Gonna park my vote there until she does something. Sorry porscha

Why are you so apologetic here?

Creature wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:07 am Alright you all should probably start pushing for the player you believe to be most likely a hit otherwise we'll just lazylynch Porscha here.
Why is porscha dying bad
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Lilypetal wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:05 am
i believe this is towny
Bleh I don't

I consider that post tmi, creature slipped, gottem
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:24 am
Creature wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:07 am Alright you all should probably start pushing for the player you believe to be most likely a hit otherwise we'll just lazylynch Porscha here.
Why is porscha dying bad
idk I would lynch Porscha if I don't find any better option because rn she is being very unreadable and I'd rather get rid of someone who will be a question mark in endgame than someone who can clear themselves later in the game.

Still, Porscha is pretty close to rand and the fact we're wagoning her feels like we literally have no idea where to go.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Lilypetal wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:30 am
Neon wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:16 am Mac only has 7 posts left. Who will defend me from all the meanie butts when you are gone Mac.
I'll defend you neon. all you had to say was ur doing a different playstyle lol and it makes sense

it just came off like u didnt care but i will pay more attention and I'm sorry for slightly doubting you
This feels pockety.

I wonder if I'm confbiasing Lilypetal wolf because of her playstyle because posts like this feel a lot performative.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

lucy wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:34 am Mac and boq are towncore
Aren't they like the players who someone would be more hesitant to clear them?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Alison voting Jack who is pretty close to rand out of all players makes me paranoid. Though I still think there are some differences here between her play here and last game, like having more fire in their solving and seeming more genuinely frustrated, that makes me want to give her a pass still.

Creature wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:26 am
Why is porscha dying bad
idk I would lynch Porscha if I don't find any better option because rn she is being very unreadable and I'd rather get rid of someone who will be a question mark in endgame than someone who can clear themselves later in the game.

Still, Porscha is pretty close to rand and the fact we're wagoning her feels like we literally have no idea where to go.
Afaik people are scumreading her more than shrug reading her
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Boquise wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:56 am i feel like maybe the right play is to push those who do not provide any read or real content tbh
Like me?

Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:43 am
Creature wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:26 am
Why is porscha dying bad

Afaik people are scumreading her more than shrug reading her
Did any of them raise a good case as to why Porscha is more likely to be wolf than town here judging her meta? Because voting Porscha because she was brought up feels shrug reading.
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

Creature wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:23 am
Lilypetal wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:07 am yeah like tbh porscha is probably a wolf here i don't think her sidestepping my @'s for reads/talking to me are like super AI but her general play is incredibly stilted and I think she may just be a wolf here. Gonna park my vote there until she does something. Sorry porscha

Why are you so apologetic here?
cuz i like porscha
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

sometimes u just have to be sorry they randed wolf..

Return to “Previous Hustles”