Mafia Misplay Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 621
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Re: Mafia Misplay Mafia

Post by Esooa »

that doesn't really explain why wolves are just killing someone with 100% wrong reads which is what actually matters there
Spoiler: show
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
santygrass
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 809
Preferred Pronouns: Any
Aka: Santy

Post by santygrass »

@hollowkatt did you reply in why are you voting me instead of Mac? What makes you lean more to me rather than Mac?
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

Esooa wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:48 pm that doesn't really explain why wolves are just killing someone with 100% wrong reads which is what actually matters there
If HK is town they prob killed there to maintain status quo, IMO
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

Like, I stand by the fact that one if these three is true by that kill almost always

V!Hollowkatt
W!Achro
W!Lily.

Other thing it could point out is to another UTR slot without much impact being Scum (Wilgz,Jack,Neon)
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

santygrass wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:52 pm Like, I stand by the fact that one if these three is true by that kill almost always

V!Hollowkatt
W!Achro
W!Lily.

Other thing it could point out is to another UTR slot without much impact being Scum (Wilgz,Jack,Neon)
this literally doesn't make any sense but whatever idc to read this game more rn
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

Esooa wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:54 pm
santygrass wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:52 pm Like, I stand by the fact that one if these three is true by that kill almost always

V!Hollowkatt
W!Achro
W!Lily.

this literally doesn't make any sense but whatever idc to read this game more rn
... Why not?
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

Werent Visor reads like, Hk town, sus on me/achro/Lily???
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

Also the townread in ris wowee
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

v!hollowkatt as one of the options and that is an exclusive reason for the kill is like never true because wolves have multiple options even if they're wanting to kill someone who is explicity townreading HK and killing someone who doesn't wolf read wolf over.. someone who does is just not how it works. And low posting wolves would explicitly rather kill higher posting and more influential people because the thread influence aspect, which OW had very little of, is already important but even more so then. And then this is all amplified by the fact it's a weird kill as you've said yourself
Achromatic
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 632
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Sir Chris/Chris

Post by Achromatic »

V!Hollowkatt
W!Achro
W!Lily.

I mean it can

a) locks in bad reads
b) one less voice in hk's corner down the line

Not saying it has to be this world but 'doesn't make any sense' lacks imaginaton imo.
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

Esooa wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:56 pm v!hollowkatt as one of the options and that is an exclusive reason for the kill is like never true because wolves have multiple options even if they're wanting to kill someone who is explicity townreading HK and killing someone who doesn't wolf read wolf over.. someone who does is just not how it works. And low posting wolves would explicitly rather kill higher posting and more influential people because the thread influence aspect, which OW had very little of, is already important but even more so then. And then this is all amplified by the fact it's a weird kill as you've said yourself
But cant you apply this fact to like, being more vocal people sussing those slots? Why not kill sabi for example?
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Achromatic wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:56 pm

V!Hollowkatt
W!Achro
W!Lily.

I mean it can

a) locks in bad reads

Not saying it has to be this world but 'doesn't make any sense' lacks imaginaton imo.
lock in bad reads is for wolves with influence not low posting wolves and b being the exclusive reason does not happen so yes I still think what I said is true
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

You can't always look at the world as it is, but as the world as it could be.

What if people started today more paranoid of say, me because visor died? It would have been reasonable and then day goes off track wildly.
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

And like, there were a lot of vocal voices that influenced the ~vibes~ not being good in thread I'd say. So I dont think Visor Kill to maintain status is crazy to imagine ?
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Esooa wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:58 pm
Achromatic wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:56 pm

V!Hollowkatt
W!Achro
W!Lily.

I mean it can

a) locks in bad reads

lock in bad reads is for wolves with influence not low posting wolves and b being the exclusive reason does not happen so yes I still think what I said is true
Okay hold on.

Sorry, I missed the very last sentence by Santy like four times sorry lmao.

Withdrawn.
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

I was dead ass just responding to everything but the last line.
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

The last point/sentence is refering on why they could've picked Visor as a kill to maintain status , idk if that is not explained well or what. Like adds up to the equity lf them being Wolf?
Cuz for example Wilgz would be a better kill to maintain status in my mind, them not doing that also speak for the UTR slots
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

santygrass wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:59 pm And like, there were a lot of vocal voices that influenced the ~vibes~ not being good in thread I'd say. So I dont think Visor Kill to maintain status is crazy to imagine ?
Porscha was more town read and seems to fit the description of what you're saying wolves want in killing

Risiinq

Sabi

Wilgy

etc

There's a reason OW was chosen over all of them and I don't think you can just say "some of them made the thread have bad vibes"
hollowkatt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 424

Post by hollowkatt »

santygrass wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:49 pm @hollowkatt did you reply in why are you voting me instead of Mac? What makes you lean more to me rather than Mac?
I didn't reply. I am voting you because I think you are a wolf. I am not voting mac because I do not think he is a wolf. I have played a metric fuckton of games with mac as all possible alignment combinations (including 3p) and in all of them this is mac indicative behavior, not alignment indicative. I judge mac on the results of his pushes only. It generally takes me a couple of days to get to a read on Mac but when I do it's fairly accurate.

like when achro says "mac is lying about being tilted by sabi" I don't look at that and go "chop all liars" I look at that and go "mac being mac, he'll have a poop and feel better in the morning/afternoon/whatever"
ImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu wrote:fluffy furry
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

santygrass wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:03 pm The last point/sentence is refering on why they could've picked Visor as a kill to maintain status , idk if that is not explained well or what. Like adds up to the equity lf them being Wolf?
Cuz for example Wilgz would be a better kill to maintain status in my mind, them not doing that also speak for the UTR slots
you mean Wilgy not dying over OW when they're similar ones is why Wilgy is more likely a wolf?

I mean sure that on it's own is possible but I don't see why Wilgy specifically is wanting to kill someone like OW either is the problem there
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

With that list I agree with Wilg, not so sure about Porscha, cuz in maintaining status i think mostly in killing a player with low impact tbh?
And yeh, it had something that benefitted them (aka why V!hk is a reason there, cuz Visor had a townread there)
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Esooa wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:56 pm v!hollowkatt as one of the options and that is an exclusive reason for the kill is like never true because wolves have multiple options even if they're wanting to kill someone who is explicity townreading HK and killing someone who doesn't wolf read wolf over.. someone who does is just not how it works. And low posting wolves would explicitly rather kill higher posting and more influential people because the thread influence aspect, which OW had very little of, is already important but even more so then. And then this is all amplified by the fact it's a weird kill as you've said yourself
the visor kill points to one of two worlds:
a world where one of the wolf team members is familiar with visor and how, even with low engagement and low presence can just wreck a wolf team
or
a world where the wolf team wanted to solidify visors reads before he could re-evaluate

yeah they look similar but they're really not. One of them is more akin to a fear kill and the other is an advantage kill
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

Esooa wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:06 pm
santygrass wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:03 pm The last point/sentence is refering on why they could've picked Visor as a kill to maintain status , idk if that is not explained well or what. Like adds up to the equity lf them being Wolf?
you mean Wilgy not dying over OW when they're similar ones is why Wilgy is more likely a wolf?

I mean sure that on it's own is possible but I don't see why Wilgy specifically is wanting to kill someone like OW either is the problem there

In the scenario where hk is a wolf, and me/lily/achro are town, dont you think that Visor being a kill points more of other of the UTR slots being rand > W ?
I dont say that Wilg wanted to kill outed wolf, just saying that the wolf mindset of killing to maintain status and stuff there it would fit better with other slots then, and them bot being the kill then should be taken into account
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

santygrass wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:57 pm
But cant you apply this fact to like, being more vocal people sussing those slots? Why not kill sabi for example?
sabi, bless their soul, does not have thread impact or pull even with the massive number of posts that they have. If the wolf team was concerned about sabis pull sabi would be dead.
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

santygrass wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:09 pm

In the scenario where hk is a wolf, and me/lily/achro are town, dont you think that Visor being a kill points more of other of the UTR slots being rand > W ?
I dont say that Wilg wanted to kill outed wolf, just saying that the wolf mindset of killing to maintain status and stuff there it would fit better with other slots then, and them bot being the kill then should be taken into account
I mean, maintaining status by killing a lower impact slot can be done if the wolves are primarily in people everyone thinks is going to be NK'd. Because an off kill throws them off tracks rather than backing the wolves into a corner in later kills. But, maintaining status as a general kill is done by killing louder and solving voices because once you get rid of everyone that has the WIM to reevaluate constantly and post about alignments a bunch you end up in way more of a stagnant game. So I think Wilgy being the latter matters more than the fact that Wilgy didn't die for this specifically
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

And this is part of why I scum read you, as Visor did, and Mac, as he is a frequent night kill as town
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

hollowkatt wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:10 pm
sabi, bless their soul, does not have thread impact or pull even with the massive number of posts that they have. If the wolf team was concerned about sabis pull sabi would be dead.
And like, isnt sabi PoE A LOT similar to Visor?

As in Me/Achro/Lily with a lot of sus? Think maybe Mac/Jack too but the three that Visor sussed I remember sabi sussing too, tbh
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

santygrass wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:12 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:10 pm
And like, isnt sabi PoE A LOT similar to Visor?

As in Me/Achro/Lily with a lot of sus? Think maybe Mac/Jack too but the three that Visor sussed I remember sabi sussing too, tbh
if true would point more towards a "wolf team that understands what visor is capable of" I would think, which points squarely at myself, mac, achro, esooa, possibly jackofhearts, and potentially you but I'm unsure of your MU experience or if you've played on sites like The Org or CFC.
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

Esooa wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:11 pm

I mean, maintaining status by killing a lower impact slot can be done if the wolves are primarily in people everyone thinks is going to be NK'd. Because an off kill throws them off tracks rather than backing the wolves into a corner in later kills. But, maintaining status as a general kill is done by killing louder and solving voices because once you get rid of everyone that has the WIM to reevaluate constantly and post about alignments a bunch you end up in way more of a stagnant game. So I think Wilgy being the latter matters more than the fact that Wilgy didn't die for this specifically
Ehh idk if I particularly agree? In sf2 a big part of why we decided to nk a slot, was because he was townreading 2 slots that were yeet material. And it would make just life easier for us. Even deciding to leave other slot (Fext) which had a lot of threadpull and was wary/sussing me. Idk if I fully agree or understand your view of how kills to maintain status are carried
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

Esooa wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:12 pm And this is part of why I scum read you, as Visor did, and Mac, as he is a frequent night kill as town
Also didnt understand thi
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

If I played with Visor before, they were alting I'd say. Only played in MU, and recently in a game from supershorty community that just ended yesterday (Didnt want to talk about it because it was going while this started, but also a partial reason on why my D1 was just like super busy and I prefer to slank it mostly and focus on the other game wowee)
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

Going to search for a Sabi readlist near EoD, wish me luck
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

santygrass wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:17 pm

Ehh idk if I particularly agree? In sf2 a big part of why we decided to nk a slot, was because he was townreading 2 slots that were yeet material. And it would make just life easier for us. Even deciding to leave other slot (Fext) which had a lot of threadpull and was wary/sussing me. Idk if I fully agree or understand your view of how kills to maintain status are carried
I'm not talking particularly about the reads people who die have, but their post tendencies, whether it's low-impact with less posts like OW or higher impact with more posts like Achro. Wolves p often kill their opposites I guess you could say there and that's been true in some way in I think every game I've played since I started again, at least what I remember. For the reasons I explained and other things. So OW dying isn't scum indicative for people like Wilgy but Mac instead
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Like, a wolf playing as Wilgy or Nanook are just won't stand up to Achro or Mac come later in the game. They just won't. So Achro and Mac need to die.

Achro or Mac as wolves will be sus'd out by the fact they are alive because they are supposed to be dying with how they are posting/usually do. So they can't make kills that are normal, onto for example the other in the pair. It'll just lead people to them. Leaving the other alive gives more options for people to be paranoid of, and confuses the NKA.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

The above is why Mac kills OW
Lilypetal
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 746
Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Aka: lily

Post by Lilypetal »

im gonna probs check out of this game till maybe eod kill mac thx
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

Forget it. I hate ISOing here I cant find shit and It really annoys me
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

Esooa wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:21 pm
santygrass wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:17 pm

I'm not talking particularly about the reads people who die have, but their post tendencies, whether it's low-impact with less posts like OW or higher impact with more posts like Achro. Wolves p often kill their opposites I guess you could say there and that's been true in some way in I think every game I've played since I started again, at least what I remember. For the reasons I explained and other things. So OW dying isn't scum indicative for people like Wilgy but Mac instead
Ah yeah, I can see that. My point to look at Wilgy there is mostly that 'if that scum mindset why didnt you die' kind of deal
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 182

Post by DrWilgy »

Imt still just sheeping Sabi... But now that Mac's in the lead I wonder if I'm to move to Santi.

Concern.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

Is there a correct way to ISO? Cuz when I did the post search on Sabi it bringed me up even results from post in other topics wowee. And I hate that quotes just dont let me read the content sabi put in a post wowee
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:37 pm Imt still just sheeping Sabi... But now that Mac's in the lead I wonder if I'm to move to Santi.

Concern.
How are you sheeping sabi? Sabi has been voting and insisting to vote for me since D1
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

santygrass wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:41 pm Is there a correct way to ISO? Cuz when I did the post search on Sabi it bringed me up even results from post in other topics wowee. And I hate that quotes just dont let me read the content sabi put in a post wowee
Not sure if this helps, but I go back into the the topics list, select "replies" then click on the number next to whomever I like to eyeball.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

santygrass wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:41 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:37 pm Imt still just sheeping Sabi... But now that Mac's in the lead I wonder if I'm to move to Santi.

Concern.
How are you sheeping sabi? Sabi has been voting and insisting to vote for me since D1
Sabi said they wanted a Mac wagon and to stay on Mac.

I don't disagree with the Mac wagon, and I trust Sabi, but idk what the nearest confirmed town player who has read more than me wants rn lol.
Image Image Image
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

santygrass wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:41 pm Is there a correct way to ISO? Cuz when I did the post search on Sabi it bringed me up even results from post in other topics wowee. And I hate that quotes just dont let me read the content sabi put in a post wowee
ok.
at the top of your screen, below the syndicate banner you'll see "board index > active mafia games > the hustle"
Click "the Hustle"
You'll see our game listed.
Click the number in the Replies column. This brings up the post count by player screen. Click the number in the posts column to see only the posts from that player in this game.

Alternately find the player you want to ISO in the game thread. Click the "Posts in topic" number.
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

go to the hustle, click replies, then click on the number of posts a person has and it'll show you only their posts

Or if not on mobile click the post number under their pfp
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

Omg tysm Im crying
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

My WIM just went up a notch
Lilypetal
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 746
Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Aka: lily

Post by Lilypetal »

santygrass wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:51 pm My WIM just went up a notch
wim these
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 691
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

santygrass wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:14 am @Neon I think I already asked you this and probably forgot the answer already. Could you elaborate on Mac? What are some posts that pinged you as towny? What do you think about his pushes and solving?
I believe him and I'd he's playing me well gg. I believe his WiM is shot and I believe he was barely trying d1. I believe he tried to muster the WiM and went into trying to generate content and solve. I don't know how much stock I would put into how attacked he feels but the explosion happened so maybe I should buy into that too.

Or this has all been a game and because AtE is allowed the wolfies are AtEing it up for funnies. If the wolf team is Mac and HK I am gonna laugh my ass off.

But I believe Mac and the way he's been acting and I think he's gonna flip town because he just doesn't care about mafia anymore and if I'm wrong... well I've been wrong a lot lately.

I'm catching up ignore me if any of this no longer applies.
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 691
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:37 pm In my time away the only thing that has held true is that we need to yeet Neon.
...why?
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.

Return to “Previous Hustles”