Total votes: 7
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 296
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Kid's Birthday Party Mafia Day 3

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Esooa wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:35 am Sabi thinking that becuase I meagerly gestured towards another wagon then realized they were a wagon prompting me to back off.. is damning? is pretty awful
Is it suspicious awful or not suspicious awful?
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

Nanook kill is still the most boring thing I can imagine and will almost always prompt another day of people repeating themselves about the most ridiculous reads possible on me so I'm inclined to beg you just let me be free still
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:39 am
Esooa wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:35 am Sabi thinking that becuase I meagerly gestured towards another wagon then realized they were a wagon prompting me to back off.. is damning? is pretty awful
Is it suspicious awful or not suspicious awful?
dunno, maybe I'll vote her and see if it helps me find out
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Sabiplz
<3
Posts in topic: 333
Preferred Pronouns: They them
Aka: Kuti

Post by Sabiplz »

What does that say about Wilgz and marmar, who both followed along it?

All I told them was to ead eod1 and both of them came into the same conclusion.

Yet I'm the one being called out for this.
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Again my pronouns are they/them
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Sabiplz wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:41 am

Wilgy misread something I said, which while p annoying, happens. And Marmot has said at least actual things about me even if it's stuff like old and imo irrelevant meta
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 167
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Marmot wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:37 pm I'm not actually townreadin esooa, but she's not my top wolf candidate atm. That slot belongs to Nanook.
Nice
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Esooa wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:42 am
Sabiplz wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:41 am

Wilgy misread something I said, which while p annoying, happens. And Marmot has said at least actual things about me even if it's stuff like old and imo irrelevant meta
What was the least actual things about you that marmar said?
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

there is literally no one in this game who is thinking more than "well nanook I guess can be voted and Esooa said good things about the wolf once so end it there and kill her too I suppose," it's like literally the worst game possible to play lol
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Deeper review of Wilgy

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:03 am Alison W

Nook T
Falcon T
Sabi T
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:06 am JJJ W.

We've been in RVS too long for a Jay game.

These are, as far as I can tell, the first true content posts Wilgy provided (his 14th and 16th posts overall). So perhaps he did fluff a bit before getting into things. That's not a charitable interpretation, I grant. These reads generally seem believable given the context in which they arrived, albeit without explanations.

If there's one read here that raises questions, it would be the Nanook read. To this point, Nanook had made six posts, none of which really amounted to solving content. Wilgy, if you can remember this moment, any kind of expansion on that read would be super.

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:25 am I do think we've found a good portion of the town so far.

Gut says wolves are in the non-present.

As of this post, I believe most players had been in the thread not including Sparkles (her first post came about three hours later). That's a nice look, as it implies a pretty restrictive POE that hit at least one mafia.

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:34 am Jay, however, what do you make of Marmot?
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:35 am @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME I'd like your thoughts on Marmot as well.
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:40 am Ty for the takes. I agree.
Marmot wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:24 am Wilgy: I think jjj and Sabi are town

Nook: I think jjj and Sabi are scum, also wigly town

(I infer that nooks wilgy read is a townread)

:/
I raised the subject as this was the 2nd thing that I assessed as off.

Too early for the :/ face. That's like a day 2 post flip on a town yeet you really wanted to sheep reaction.

It's a small moment, but this progression does display some inkling of investment by Wilgy in moving his own hunt.

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:25 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:22 pm After the game I might change Wilgy's undertitle to "Ancient Creature of Syndicate Lore"
A slanking menace from the deep.

I would like for everyone to place a vote regarding their favorite new DrWilgy undertitle:

1. Ancient Creature of Syndicate Lore
2. Slanking Menace from the Deep

They're both class. Let's get it right.

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:38 pm I find all of Jay's analysis so far to be correct.

Whether or not it derives from TMI and is well hidden behind truthful towny review or not, I think is very much pro town and thus they have earned a TR.

This could be called a rather frivolous town read of me. It's cool to agree with my analyses, and that's okay as a starting point for a town read. The progression from this point will be a matter of interest for me.

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:41 pm Sabi
JJJ
Falcon
Marmot

Nook
OW

Alison

Per my memory of this stretch of the game, I think these reads were a decent blend of consensus and counter-culture. The Alison and Marmot reads might have been relatively controversial, but generally it's about where the flow of the game was (including my own reads sans Alison). I appreciate that blend, because it doesn't imply either of the two more blatant agendas that a mafioso might pursue -- status quo boredom or total revolutionary contrianism. The balance is okay.

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:45 pm Falcon and JJJ are I think the most flexible of my green reads rn for the simple fact that they are day 3-4 catches if they are W.

I'm more confident in my Marmot and Sabi read.

Jays read of Marmot I think just kinda town firms them. It's not a W/W interaction and I trust Jay's read if he's town.

This is a post I quite like. The Marmot read in particular adds a layer of nuance via gamestate awareness that I think fits congruently with a Wilgy mindset bent on sorting that gamestate.

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:07 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:51 pm There is utility to what Alison has done over the last page or so independent of falcon's involvement (that sort of ties in with the "I'll take on the Mac role" mindset). I won't expand on that for the moment; I'd prefer she continue to engage the game her way before I speak on it further.

Generally, from a strategic standpoint, this is token Alison. And that's fine. I would expect to see a set of strong, principled posts from her regardless of alignment. My focus isn't on the strategy being employed but rather on the motivation, and I am inclined to perceive that motivation as genuine for the moment. I will expand when it strikes me as pertinent.
This comment is largely NAI towards Alison which is odd.
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:08 pm Unless I'm misunderstanding, but it felt like you posted without stance there Jay.

Is token Alison a W or T statement?

I suggested before that I wanted to see Wilgy's progression on me, and this sequence is promising. After having dropped me in the town bucket he still paid me close scrutiny and sought clarity.

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:26 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:16 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:14 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:07 pm
lucy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:06 pm who is outed wolf
Jay is outed wolf, vote him imo
k well your reads seem bad :smile:
Good thing I'm sheeping wilgy then innit
[VOTE: Nook] aubergine

Wilgy didn't accept Nanook's sheep votes with open arms. There's wifom in that, but at least it suggests the potential for critical assessment of Nanook's motivations.

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:26 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:45 pm To expand a little on some of my prior Alison commentary:

I think that she must be interpreted for motivation (at least before results-based assessment via flips can provide additional insight), because her principled strategies and application of her views of logic to the game are going to be consistent and generally unrevealing. For her to turn the day into a combative thunderdomy mess, ham-fisting the "murder falcon" narrative wouldn't be especially productive on its own power unless falcon is exactly mafia; indeed, it'd even remind me of Halvosen Ridge Day 1 between her and Rondo (both mafia).

Alison's handling of this incident was considerably more nuanced and more balanced, in that she seemed to understand and intend the greater function of her attacks -- to turn the game thread into something pro-town regardless of falcon. This is the kind of thing I think she associates with MacDougall, validly, and I have behaved similarly in many past games. As soon as folks began to interact with her calls to murder falcon [and then her if he flips green etc], she took inventory (e.g., #240) and morphed it into different reads (e.g., #267, #330) stemming directly from that origin combat. I think that's a nice sign.
Aye, that's where I was yesterday before I had to step away.

The Falcon strong arm is appearing to be utilized and thus I'm good with it being pro-town. I would like to add that half my bickering at it was because I wanted to see it move, but I will say that trying to be a movement pressure is so far is so far out of my crouching moron hidden slanker that I didn't know if I was assisting in a way that wasn't distracting. I think it moved in a proper direction, BUT I'm not sure if I'm correct on how to read as it moved with mechanisms that I added not knowing if I did so correctly or not.

What I'm trying to say is I agree and the outside perspective helps.

After having previously listed Alison as a red read, and then after getting into that lengthy dialogue about "ego" with her, he was willing to move his perspective as seen here. That's decent from the standpoint of narrowing POE.

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:37 am
Esooa wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:38 pm I think everyones hould stop posting
This is a meme ass post and I like it. Nai but I like it. Not even sure if the contextual humor between the lucy/falc post count thing was intended or not, but that's how I read it.

Suppose I can use this moment to put reads as of this post in the thread:
Still thinking:
JJJ
MARM
SABI
FALC
ALISON

are town or pro town enough to not put in PoE.

NOOK will just inevitably need to be clipped if he doesn't stop shitposting.

Lucy's feeling off, like yes I get Lucy's relatively soft d1 meta, but something is off from the get go and idk how to describe it.

Esooa is null
OA is null

Sparkles is w lean

And in so doing, Wilgy produces this reads list that POEs Sparkles all by her lonesome. That is quite a clean progression that ends in precisely the right place.

~~~

Otherwise, refer to my prior assessment of Wilgy. That contains what would essentially be the counter-case, relating primarily to his vote for outed wolf.

When I raised questions in this review, I felt like I was nitpicking (and the case regarding his outed wolf vote kind of gives me a similar vibe). When I gave credit, it felt like credit earned. I still think Wilgy looks town.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

so whatever, I posted enough for people to at least post differently for a little bit but it didn't happen, hopefully that's enough for me to be fine w myself to resign to death
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Esooa wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:52 am there is literally no one in this game who is thinking more than "well nanook I guess can be voted and Esooa said good things about the wolf once so end it there and kill her too I suppose," it's like literally the worst game possible to play lol
I don't think this is a valid assessment of the game thread.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

:shrug2:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'll do a similar review with Marmot soon. Going through that with Wilgy felt pretty productive for me.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Esooa wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:52 am there is literally no one in this game who is thinking more than "well nanook I guess can be voted and Esooa said good things about the wolf once so end it there and kill her too I suppose," it's like literally the worst game possible to play lol
What direction do you want the game to go?

You wanted to vote on j3.

What are your thoughts on his recent posting?
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 224

Re: Kid's Birthday Party Mafia Day 1

Post by DrWilgy »

Esooa wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:49 am Also, I've thought about the few defenders thing a bit irt maybe not Lucy, maybe not Sparkles, but really if they're a wolf then they have 1 partner who may defend them and it's just not really going to sway me thinking about it like that.
Break it down for me real quick then Esooa, perhaps the negatives in 'maybe not lucy, maybe not Sparkles' made me think you would think between them they'd have one partner wanting to defend?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:00 am
Esooa wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:49 am Also, I've thought about the few defenders thing a bit irt maybe not Lucy, maybe not Sparkles, but really if they're a wolf then they have 1 partner who may defend them and it's just not really going to sway me thinking about it like that.
Break it down for me real quick then Esooa, perhaps the negatives in 'maybe not lucy, maybe not Sparkles' made me think you would think between them they'd have one partner wanting to defend?
it means

I've had thoughts like maybe it's not Lucy, or maybe it's not Sparkles, because they've not had many defenders. But if they're a wolf there's only person who has agenda to defend them so it'll not be a relevant voice in the overall thread and isn't something I'm thinking about because of that
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 201
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sabiplz wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:37 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:32 am
Sabiplz wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:29 am No just my town paranoia.

I already have worries about you and marmar also pocketing me
If you find a way to put these fears into words, I would encourage you to do so for whoever you have in mind. Give folks the opportunity to impact your perception and your confidence level.
Stuff like Wilgz quick turnaround on reading my slot. Yes he idnt taking in account two state game and what not so this is just me being 🤔 about the quickness.

Marmar read on me based off gut and not like concrete stuff. Has been sheeping my ideas and what not (which gives me pause).

You, reads also based off gut and not actual concrete stuff. Just been super agreeable with me.

Yes my paranoia is based on a lot of people agreeing with me and their reads on me.

Well, you have been asking us to listen to you, and though I don't feel as strongly on esooa as you do, I'm trying to give it a fair shake.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

the last part is supposed to be orange, I've not done coloring on ts
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Sabiplz wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:29 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:28 am
Sabiplz wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:18 am (what if Wilgz is pocketing me)
Is there something in particular that gives you that impression?
No just my town paranoia.

I think you believe your arguments, if town that's a rather good thing. If w, you've done some mental gymnastics.

I am just really hung at Alison T reading Esooa.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Cuz I'm lazy

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Marmot wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:09 am

If you find a way to put these fears into words, I would encourage you to do so for whoever you have in mind. Give folks the opportunity to impact your perception and your confidence level.
Stuff like Wilgz quick turnaround on reading my slot. Yes he idnt taking in account two state game and what not so this is just me being 🤔 about the quickness.

Marmar read on me based off gut and not like concrete stuff. Has been sheeping my ideas and what not (which gives me pause).

You, reads also based off gut and not actual concrete stuff. Just been super agreeable with me.

Yes my paranoia is based on a lot of people agreeing with me and their reads on me.

Well, you have been asking us to listen to you, and though I don't feel as strongly on esooa as you do, I'm trying to give it a fair shake.
I know I just get paranoid sometimes.

What is your take on her pop in and assessment on the votes on her? Esp her take on you, saying you weren't accurate about her?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Esooa wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:09 am
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:00 am
it means

I've had thoughts like maybe it's not Lucy, or maybe it's not Sparkles, because they've not had many defenders. But if they're a wolf there's only person who has agenda to defend them so it'll not be a relevant voice in the overall thread and isn't something I'm thinking about because of that
Thank you.
Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:53 am Deeper review of Wilgy

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:03 am Alison W

Nook T
Falcon T
Sabi T
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:06 am JJJ W.

We've been in RVS too long for a Jay game.

These are, as far as I can tell, the first true content posts Wilgy provided (his 14th and 16th posts overall). So perhaps he did fluff a bit before getting into things. That's not a charitable interpretation, I grant. These reads generally seem believable given the context in which they arrived, albeit without explanations.

If there's one read here that raises questions, it would be the Nanook read. To this point, Nanook had made six posts, none of which really amounted to solving content. Wilgy, if you can remember this moment, any kind of expansion on that read would be super.

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:25 am I do think we've found a good portion of the town so far.

Gut says wolves are in the non-present.

As of this post, I believe most players had been in the thread not including Sparkles (her first post came about three hours later). That's a nice look, as it implies a pretty restrictive POE that hit at least one mafia.

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:34 am Jay, however, what do you make of Marmot?
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:35 am @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME I'd like your thoughts on Marmot as well.
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:40 am Ty for the takes. I agree.
Marmot wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:24 am Wilgy: I think jjj and Sabi are town

Nook: I think jjj and Sabi are scum, also wigly town

(I infer that nooks wilgy read is a townread)

:/
I raised the subject as this was the 2nd thing that I assessed as off.

Too early for the :/ face. That's like a day 2 post flip on a town yeet you really wanted to sheep reaction.

It's a small moment, but this progression does display some inkling of investment by Wilgy in moving his own hunt.

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:25 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:22 pm After the game I might change Wilgy's undertitle to "Ancient Creature of Syndicate Lore"
A slanking menace from the deep.

I would like for everyone to place a vote regarding their favorite new DrWilgy undertitle:

1. Ancient Creature of Syndicate Lore
2. Slanking Menace from the Deep

They're both class. Let's get it right.

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:38 pm I find all of Jay's analysis so far to be correct.

Whether or not it derives from TMI and is well hidden behind truthful towny review or not, I think is very much pro town and thus they have earned a TR.

This could be called a rather frivolous town read of me. It's cool to agree with my analyses, and that's okay as a starting point for a town read. The progression from this point will be a matter of interest for me.

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:41 pm Sabi
JJJ
Falcon
Marmot

Nook
OW

Alison

Per my memory of this stretch of the game, I think these reads were a decent blend of consensus and counter-culture. The Alison and Marmot reads might have been relatively controversial, but generally it's about where the flow of the game was (including my own reads sans Alison). I appreciate that blend, because it doesn't imply either of the two more blatant agendas that a mafioso might pursue -- status quo boredom or total revolutionary contrianism. The balance is okay.

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:45 pm Falcon and JJJ are I think the most flexible of my green reads rn for the simple fact that they are day 3-4 catches if they are W.

I'm more confident in my Marmot and Sabi read.

Jays read of Marmot I think just kinda town firms them. It's not a W/W interaction and I trust Jay's read if he's town.

This is a post I quite like. The Marmot read in particular adds a layer of nuance via gamestate awareness that I think fits congruently with a Wilgy mindset bent on sorting that gamestate.

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:07 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:51 pm There is utility to what Alison has done over the last page or so independent of falcon's involvement (that sort of ties in with the "I'll take on the Mac role" mindset). I won't expand on that for the moment; I'd prefer she continue to engage the game her way before I speak on it further.

Generally, from a strategic standpoint, this is token Alison. And that's fine. I would expect to see a set of strong, principled posts from her regardless of alignment. My focus isn't on the strategy being employed but rather on the motivation, and I am inclined to perceive that motivation as genuine for the moment. I will expand when it strikes me as pertinent.
This comment is largely NAI towards Alison which is odd.
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:08 pm Unless I'm misunderstanding, but it felt like you posted without stance there Jay.

Is token Alison a W or T statement?

I suggested before that I wanted to see Wilgy's progression on me, and this sequence is promising. After having dropped me in the town bucket he still paid me close scrutiny and sought clarity.

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:26 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:16 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:14 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:07 pm
lucy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:06 pm who is outed wolf
Jay is outed wolf, vote him imo
k well your reads seem bad :smile:
Good thing I'm sheeping wilgy then innit
[VOTE: Nook] aubergine

Wilgy didn't accept Nanook's sheep votes with open arms. There's wifom in that, but at least it suggests the potential for critical assessment of Nanook's motivations.

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:26 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:45 pm To expand a little on some of my prior Alison commentary:

I think that she must be interpreted for motivation (at least before results-based assessment via flips can provide additional insight), because her principled strategies and application of her views of logic to the game are going to be consistent and generally unrevealing. For her to turn the day into a combative thunderdomy mess, ham-fisting the "murder falcon" narrative wouldn't be especially productive on its own power unless falcon is exactly mafia; indeed, it'd even remind me of Halvosen Ridge Day 1 between her and Rondo (both mafia).

Alison's handling of this incident was considerably more nuanced and more balanced, in that she seemed to understand and intend the greater function of her attacks -- to turn the game thread into something pro-town regardless of falcon. This is the kind of thing I think she associates with MacDougall, validly, and I have behaved similarly in many past games. As soon as folks began to interact with her calls to murder falcon [and then her if he flips green etc], she took inventory (e.g., #240) and morphed it into different reads (e.g., #267, #330) stemming directly from that origin combat. I think that's a nice sign.
Aye, that's where I was yesterday before I had to step away.

The Falcon strong arm is appearing to be utilized and thus I'm good with it being pro-town. I would like to add that half my bickering at it was because I wanted to see it move, but I will say that trying to be a movement pressure is so far is so far out of my crouching moron hidden slanker that I didn't know if I was assisting in a way that wasn't distracting. I think it moved in a proper direction, BUT I'm not sure if I'm correct on how to read as it moved with mechanisms that I added not knowing if I did so correctly or not.

What I'm trying to say is I agree and the outside perspective helps.

After having previously listed Alison as a red read, and then after getting into that lengthy dialogue about "ego" with her, he was willing to move his perspective as seen here. That's decent from the standpoint of narrowing POE.

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:37 am
Esooa wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:38 pm I think everyones hould stop posting
This is a meme ass post and I like it. Nai but I like it. Not even sure if the contextual humor between the lucy/falc post count thing was intended or not, but that's how I read it.

Suppose I can use this moment to put reads as of this post in the thread:
Still thinking:
JJJ
MARM
SABI
FALC
ALISON

are town or pro town enough to not put in PoE.

NOOK will just inevitably need to be clipped if he doesn't stop shitposting.

Lucy's feeling off, like yes I get Lucy's relatively soft d1 meta, but something is off from the get go and idk how to describe it.

Esooa is null
OA is null

Sparkles is w lean

And in so doing, Wilgy produces this reads list that POEs Sparkles all by her lonesome. That is quite a clean progression that ends in precisely the right place.

~~~

Otherwise, refer to my prior assessment of Wilgy. That contains what would essentially be the counter-case, relating primarily to his vote for outed wolf.

When I raised questions in this review, I felt like I was nitpicking (and the case regarding his outed wolf vote kind of gives me a similar vibe). When I gave credit, it felt like credit earned. I still think Wilgy looks town.

Ancient Creature of Syndicate Lore will do

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:10 am

I think you believe your arguments, if town that's a rather good thing. If w, you've done some mental gymnastics.

Why is Alison t reading Esooa this major thing? You have read her.

Alison can be wrong and has been wrong this game. Esooa could have been buddying with up with Alison eith the whole agreeing with her takes especially in regards to lucy.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

yes, I could have been buddying with her, and my master plan finally coming to fruition with her town reading me I murdered her in the night to silence her voice

doesn't matter tho cause wifom exists
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

You'd have to have fooled what I think to be just about every town member for you to be wolf. I think that's also very much helping you being on top of the town pile.

My take on Alison being yeeted pointing towards you was half to question 'who'd be the deepwolf' but at that time I didn't really assess Sparkles who spewed you town.

:shrug:
Image Image Image
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Do I have to go through Alison and Esooa isos and time stamp when Alison said opinions and when Esooa said opinions and see if Esooa copied Alison?

I want to be lazy but if I need to do this to prove my case I will.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sabiplz wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:13 am

What is your take on her pop in and assessment on the votes on her? Esp her take on you, saying you weren't accurate about her?

I noticed that she had a more scathing response to your vote than anyone else's, which I'm scratching my head at.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Esooa wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:39 am Nanook kill is still the most boring thing I can imagine and will almost always prompt another day of people repeating themselves about the most ridiculous reads possible on me so I'm inclined to beg you just let me be free still
this is silly in a bad way.

we have 1 member of mafia left. Nook is as boring as anyone else.
Image Image Image
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Marmot wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:18 am

I noticed that she had a more scathing response to your vote than anyone else's, which I'm scratching my head at.
Again, you've already said by now that you were mostly just vote hoping along to see about it, which was also a bit more obvious considering you moved your vote 3 times in a pretty short timespan, and Wilgy misread something I said as his reasoning. Sabi has been giving bad reasons to wolf read me and nothing else with no respite
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Let us also not forget, esooa claimed wolf.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Because she can't push you and Wilgz. I'm the weakest of the trio. Easier to discredit my argument than either of yalls.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

How are you weak Sabi? I don't think of you as weak

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:18 am
Esooa wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:39 am Nanook kill is still the most boring thing I can imagine and will almost always prompt another day of people repeating themselves about the most ridiculous reads possible on me so I'm inclined to beg you just let me be free still

I just don't think a Nanook kill is anything other than "well, we don't know if anyone else is a wolf so should kill him now." Which if you arrive there, fine, but I don't really feel like anyones arrived there rather than just gone with the path of least resistance

Maybe I'm wrong because I'm obviously town and fmpov the PoE is literally "kill a towny and that one guy who hasn't really done anything wolfy, and if that doesn't end the game we're all clueless on it" but still
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Marmot wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:20 am Let us also not forget, esooa claimed wolf.
real
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Sabiplz wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:15 am
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:10 am

Why is Alison t reading Esooa this major thing? You have read her.

Alison can be wrong and has been wrong this game. Esooa could have been buddying with up with Alison eith the whole agreeing with her takes especially in regards to lucy.
Because it doesn't make sense with the night yeet.

Like, I get it if Alison was still alive and barking at Nook or something dumb, but Alison is dead and spoke favorably of the person that killed them?

Unless the line is to just wifom for wifom sake, but I'm not sure yet if I even saw esooa suggest the wifom in alison's death before I saw it.
Image Image Image
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Marmot wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:21 am How are you weak Sabi? I don't think of you as weak
Because, as Alison mentioned several times, I fall for ate from others. Also I don't do well when pressured because I start second guessing myself.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Sabiplz wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:17 am Do I have to go through Alison and Esooa isos and time stamp when Alison said opinions and when Esooa said opinions and see if Esooa copied Alison?

I mean, it'd help?
Image Image Image
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Sabiplz wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:20 am

Because she can't push you and Wilgz. I'm the weakest of the trio. Easier to discredit my argument than either of yalls.
I'm making a wolf salad too, but my salad apparently is composed of all possible ingredients, from pocketing someone then killing them, watching my wolf partner die but not bussing them, pushing the hardest to push player JJJ but then having to push the easiest. And what's amazing, is all the ingredients work together. A master chef
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:23 am
Sabiplz wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:17 am Do I have to go through Alison and Esooa isos and time stamp when Alison said opinions and when Esooa said opinions and see if Esooa copied Alison?

I mean, it'd help?
Will do so tomorrow.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Esooa wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:22 am

I just don't think a Nanook kill is anything other than "well, we don't know if anyone else is a wolf so should kill him now." Which if you arrive there, fine, but I don't really feel like anyones arrived there rather than just gone with the path of least resistance

Maybe I'm wrong because I'm obviously town and fmpov the PoE is literally "kill a towny and that one guy who hasn't really done anything wolfy, and if that doesn't end the game we're all clueless on it" but still
I mean, I think there's been plenty of stated reasons as to why everyone else has been removed from PoE.
Image Image Image
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Like Sabi is literally making excuses to keep me as a wolf read, not think of actual reasons. If they are, I have no clue how they're getting to the things they're saying. So I'm voting them. That's really all there is too it rn, though
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Esooa wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:26 am Like Sabi is literally making excuses to keep me as a wolf read, not think of actual reasons. If they are, I have no clue how they're getting to the things they're saying. So I'm voting them. That's really all there is too it rn, though
Can you detail me your current PoE?
Image Image Image
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:26 am

I mean, I think there's been plenty of stated reasons as to why everyone else has been removed from PoE.
Having your PoE be what it is right now is cause for concern irt those reasons
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:28 am
Esooa wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:26 am Like Sabi is literally making excuses to keep me as a wolf read, not think of actual reasons. If they are, I have no clue how they're getting to the things they're saying. So I'm voting them. That's really all there is too it rn, though
Can you detail me your current PoE?
idk, still trying to figure it out.

Tbh probably half of why this is annoying so much is because we already spent a day killing Lucy because she basically decided that she was going to die doing nothing and now I don't want to kill Nanook and have another flip that does nothing for the game unless it ends it so meh
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

That's not how we got to chopping Nanook though.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

like if Nanook dies town we're going to be on day 4 that's basically day 2, one day from lylo with nothing to show for it for an entire week. But I guess that isn't the best reasoning to not want to kill Nanook. Sabi's posts about me still are p bad tho
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Marmot wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:34 am

That's not how we got to chopping Nanook though.
Do you tihnk he's posted wolfy things?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sabiplz wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:23 am
Marmot wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:21 am How are you weak Sabi? I don't think of you as weak
Because, as Alison mentioned several times, I fall for ate from others. Also I don't do well when pressured because I start second guessing myself.
I'm in the same boat, though I don't always vocalize it.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Hustles”