The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 20
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Mountainous Two-Kill Tenner #2 - States in the US [END]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Mountainous Two-kill Tenner
A JaggedJimmyJay setup
We'll do a theme about states in the US. Why not?

Game Staff:

@JaggedJimmyJay - Host
@Scotty - Moderator on Duty
TBD - Moderator on Duty

Players:

@Drwilgy - posts
@falcon45ca - posts
@MacDougall - posts
@Porscha - posts

Setup:

Eliminated:

@lucy - posts - Eliminated on Day 1 - Town
@Seanzie - posts - Eliminated on Day 1 - Town
@Alison - posts - Killed on Night 1 - Town
@Sabiplz - posts - Eliminated on Day 2 - Mafia
@NotAnAxehole - posts - Killed on Night 2 - Town
@Achromatic - posts - Eliminated on Day 3 - Mafia

Days are 48 hours long. Nights are 24 hours long.

The game is mountainous. There are 8 members of the town faction and 2 members of the mafia faction. Everything is ordinary with respect to day eliminations and night kills, with the exception of a single wrinkle meant to provide pro-town balance and eliminate the necessity of a standard 8 vs. 2 "no elimination" (sleep) vote:

On Day 1 and only on Day 1, two players will be eliminated by vote instead of just one. On Day 1, every player may cast up to two votes to determine who the two players eliminated are. See below for details on ties.

After Day 1, the game proceeds as normal. One night kill per night phase, and one day elimination by vote per day phase.

Remember that the premier rules in any Syndicate Mafia game come straight from the site rules. Review those rules below, and direct any concerns you may have to the host or moderator(s) on duty.

[Link] Rules and Guidelines on The Syndicate

Also always be mindful of the culture of respect that must be maintained in all Syndicate spaces at all times, to include this game thread and any external communication spaces relating to the game. Players must be respectful to one another, to the game host, to the members of the staff overseeing the game, to the game itself by way of its rules and spirit, to the Syndicate community in general, and ideally also to themselves. Respect is never optional. See our full manifesto on our culture of respect below.

[Link] A Syndicate Mafia Culture of Respect

Game rules and guidelines (CLICK THE SPOILER AND READ)

Spoiler: show
Voting and Claiming Rules

1.) Claim whatever you want if anything. This game has no roles.
2.) Votes in the poll are official, and I will only consider the poll votes when I resolve a day phase. It is still obligatory to call votes in the game thread, as the poll does not track voting order. Call your votes to make it possible to discern timing and order. This is not optional. Please call votes with the [ vote ][ /vote ] tags (no spaces).
3.) Votes are changeable with no limitations.
4.) Voting is not obligatory. There is no requirement to vote in any phase whatsoever. There are participation standards though, which I'll cover separately.
5.) The player who has received the most votes at the deadline shall be chopped. If a majority vote is reached (next integer above 50% the number of living players), the day phase will end immediately. There will be no majority vote in effect on Day 1.
6.) In the event of a tied vote, the chopped player shall be decided among the tied names at random. This includes Day 1 in which two players are chopped. If the second-highest vote total is tied on Day 1, then that tie will be randomized. If the highest vote total is tied, then both players will be eliminated (or two of the people in the tie if it's more than two-way).
7.) A "no elimination" option will be included each day phase. This option must lead the tally with no ties to be enacted at any time.

Participation Standard

There is no rigid standard for participation; this will be at the host's discretion. All players are expected to make a sincere effort to contribute to the game thread consistently enough that their content can be fairly judged. Non-participation has an adverse effect upon the balance of the game. If I decide a player is not participating enough to facilitate this balance, that player will be replaced. If a replacement cannot be found, there might be a modkill. With this in mind I reiterate: it's very important that everyone try to participate. At least a few posts per day/night cycle are a bare minimum.

Other

1.) Respect all guidelines and rules found in The Syndicate's announcements section. Above all else, treat your fellow players with respect -- this is just a game.
2.) BTSC (behind the scenes chatter) is only permitted in host-designated locations.
3.) No editing or deleting of posts in the game thread.
4.) Just don't make posts when you're dead unless you have been given express permission by the host.
5.) Non-players may not post in the game thread.
6.) Living players wishing to discuss something off-topic may choose to do so in {Off-Topic} Green. There's an "OT" button for this in the post editor. This is not required.
7.) This is the Host Color. I don't actually care if you use it, just don't impersonate me. I might use a stupid font.
8.) If you ever have any questions about the rules, roles, or setup, please ask me privately.

Angleshooting, loopholes, and the spirit of the game

Don't.

We all know what the spirit of Mafia is about. So don't. If you ever think something might be cutting it close, just ask me before doing it/saying it. Thanks gang.

Some important examples:

- Please don't interact with the host in the game thread.
- Do not falsely concede the game as a reaction test or as a joke.
- Do not engage in excessive emotional appeals that step over lines of basic social decency.
- Do not discuss anything related to another Mafia game that is still ongoing as of the time of your post.

Sample town role card:
You're town.

The game begins at 6:00 PM EDT today (Wednesday) the 17th of August. You may access the game thread here (click).

Polls

Day 1
Day 2
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Mountainous Two-Kill Tenner #2 - States in the US [pre-game]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The game will begin today, on Wednesday the 17th of August, at 6:00 PM EDT. There will be no Day 0. We will begin immediately with Day 1. On Day 1, two players will be eliminated instead of just one. Every player will be able to cast up to two votes instead of just one. The two players with the most votes will be eliminated. In the event of a two-way tie at the highest number of votes, both players will be eliminated. In the event of a more-than-two-way tie at the highest number of votes, two players will be selected at random from the tied set to be eliminated. In the event of a tie at the second-highest number of votes, the second player eliminated will be randomized from that set.

During all day phases after Day 1, only one player will be eliminated, and all ties will be randomized.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

G’day! I'm Scotty, one of your friendly neighborhood Moderators on Duty (MoDs).

If you would like to reach me, you can PM me here on the Syndicate or DM me on Discord. Here's the info you need for that:

Scotty
Discord ID: Dustin#1927
Click Me
Time Zone: Eastern Daylight Savings (UTC-5)

I ask that you please report directly to me rather than using the report post feature, as people with access to those reports are in this game and it presents a risk to game integrity.

Please remember that every other player is also human. We all make mistakes. None of us are perfect. Treat others with respect and exercise self-care if you feel yourself beginning to get angry or upset at the game. If you need to vent and have no one to turn to, messaging a MoD is an excellent decision to make. We are also available for reports of any Code of Conduct or Rules violation. Consider us your lifeline so that the game state remains healthy and exciting for everyone.

If you have game-related queries (setup, role questions, game play, etc.) please contact the Host JaggedJimmyJay. Please have fun and enjoy the game!

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

This game has a theme. The theme is about states. The states are the states contained in the United States. Some states suck. Find the states that suck.

Day 1 is underway and will last 48 hours until 6:00 PM EDT on Friday the 19th of August. Refer to this post (click) for details on how the Day 1 double chop voting works. Have fun and play respectfully, folks.

@Achromatic
@Alison
@Drwilgy
@falcon45ca
@lucy
@MacDougall
@NotAnAxehole
@Porscha
@Sabiplz
@Seanzie

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sabiplz
<3
Posts in topic: 122
Preferred Pronouns: They them
Aka: Kuti

Re: Mountainous Two-Kill Tenner #2 - States in the US [DAY 1]

Post by Sabiplz »

Hiya she's, he's, and they's ✨

First!
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

I forgot I signed up for this game and I'm currently in three other games so juggling four games is healthy and fun I think
Achromatic
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 226
Aka: Sir Chris/Chris

Post by Achromatic »

Hi I signed up for this and then my partner got sick and I am exhausted taking care of my baby. If you are going to invoke a volume tell please just kill me today I understand and love you.

Please don't be aggro with me. Please. Vote and wolf me if you must but keep it civil I am just not in the mood. Thanks.

Also hi lucy I am going to make you solve today in your first lesson in epic mafia growth. Rank the players as town and as wolves and then show us your data ty
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Sabiplz wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:02 pm I forgot I signed up for this game and I'm currently in three other games so juggling four games is healthy and fun I think
Take past achro's energy. My sympathies.
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Epic mafia has been shut down years ago
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Where is everyone? :(
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 374

Post by MacDougall »

peeing
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:13 pmpeeing
Without me uwu
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

yes wolfy sabi I was peeing alone
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:18 pm yes wolfy sabi I was peeing alone
Sadge :(
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Are we going to play nice towards each other?
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 65

Post by DrWilgy »

I could always join you
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Hi wiglz!
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 70

Post by falcon45ca »

I am Town!

Don't believe me? Just ask JJJ
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:23 pm
I could always join you
Why would you?

Don't we have enough Big Brother in our lives? Aren't we entitled to take a leak in solitude?

#PeeInPeace
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sabiplz wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:20 pm Are we going to play nice towards each other?
Sure but as long as it's okay for me to a) pee alone and b) suspect you.

If I were to be suspicious of you, hypothetically, how would you like me to communicate it?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:44 pm I am Town!

last time you said you were town you were not town
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:52 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:20 pm Are we going to play nice towards each other?

If I were to be suspicious of you, hypothetically, how would you like me to communicate it?
Idk ask me about my reads or whatever. Dont do it like you did last game. How do you want me to express I'm annoyed at you?

You can never pee alone tho, sorry. I don't trust you
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Falcon has posted more this game than he did during the draft the game lol
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sabiplz wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:03 pm

Idk ask me about my reads or whatever. Dont do it like you did last game. How do you want me to express I'm annoyed at you?

I declare you a suspect!
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

@lucy you must now bus your partner.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:44 pm I am Town!

last time you said you were town you were not town
Yeah, that sounds like something I'd say if I randed Maf.

But it's also something I'd say if I randed Town, and I've randed Maf so much lately that I should be lock town for the rest of the year.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Sabiplz wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:04 pm Falcon has posted more this game than he did during the draft the game lol
I don't remember that game
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:17 pm

I declare you a suspect!
You eat out of garbage bins
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:18 pm @lucy you must now bus your partner.
I pinged her in wolf chat to let her know
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

About to cuddle, falcon who is scum?
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 61
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

It's Mac n Sabi, gg.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Seanzie wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:00 pm It's Mac n Sabi, gg.
Tunnel me harder daddy
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Sabiplz wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:27 pmHi wiglz!
Hi Sabi!
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:47 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:23 pm
I could always join you
Why would you?

Don't we have enough Big Brother in our lives? Aren't we entitled to take a leak in solitude?

#PeeInPeace
#ABondOnlyForgedInPee
Image Image Image
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:15 pm
Hi Sabi!
How are you?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I vibe with this
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Sabiplz wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:17 pm
Hi Sabi!
How are you?
Good! Just finished getting my workout in and it's time to chipotle.

I'll be peeing something fierce right next to Mac if you know what I mean.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Falcon is town and everyone else is scum. Tell me why I am wrong in Haiku.
Image Image Image
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:18 pm
Hi Sabi!
How are you?

Can I watch?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Sabiplz wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:21 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:18 pm
Hi Sabi!
How are you?

Can I watch?
Up to Mac. I'm not popular enough to open a subscription service or anything so I don't mind.
Image Image Image
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 61
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:20 pm Falcon is town and everyone else is scum. Tell me why I am wrong in Haiku.
Haikus can be fun, but sometimes the don't make sense. Refrigerator.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:20 pm Falcon is town and everyone else is scum. Tell me why I am wrong in Haiku.
Provincial, larger
the inhabitants of towns
the important role
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Only 40 post in 2.5 hours. 😴 I miss the hyper posting of last game
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Falcon not responding to me wanting The team. Frozen and crying in wolf chat.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

you are half right
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sabiplz wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:53 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:17 pm

I declare you a suspect!
You eat out of garbage bins
my secret shame!
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:18 pm
you are half right
Nice of you to out yourself like that.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Everyone please remember to call your votes. Thanks, and refrain from interacting with this or any host post.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

You guys are all adorable tbh.
robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 210
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by robyn »

Achromatic wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:03 pm Hi I signed up for this and then my partner got sick and I am exhausted taking care of my baby. If you are going to invoke a volume tell please just kill me today I understand and love you.

Please don't be aggro with me. Please. Vote and wolf me if you must but keep it civil I am just not in the mood. Thanks.

Also hi lucy I am going to make you solve today in your first lesson in epic mafia growth. Rank the players as town and as wolves and then show us your data ty
fair enough

Return to “Previous Hustles”