Post by robyn »

Seanzie wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:45 pm
lucy wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:40 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:39 pm
lucy wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:37 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:36 pm
lucy wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:31 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:30 pm

You're welcome to try, but I'm pretty stubborn.
vote dizzy
Wow, very convincing.
read up and see, I god read her
I have read up.

You saying you have a confident read on Dizzy does nothing for me when I view you as more likely to flip wolf than Dizzy.
I can pull up 5-6 times I read someone like this, do you want me to pull it up?

that's lazy
Lucy, if you are town here, I really recommend trying to work on communicating your thoughts.

You're essentially trying to demand I listen to an appeal to authority when I have no reason to respect said authority (you can bring up as many examples as you want where you were right about a read... so can I, and so can the worst mafia player ever as long as they've played a reasonable number of games) and ignore the fact that from my POV if you're a wolf, your Dizzy read is just fake.

If you want me to vote Dizzy, you're going to have to get me to think or feel Dizzy is scum. I'm not just going to blindly trust you.
I almost said I'm appealing to my own authority with Mac, I told my best friend the same thing today concerning other things, 5-6 god reads in 4 mafia games (town)

I have no argument, yes, I can tell you exactly why I believe but you will not, I have to tell you to believe me and also find out for yourself
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 281
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Re: ASMRfia [DAY 5]

Post by Seanzie »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:48 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:40 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:37 pm If I had to articulate succinctly why Dizzy is mafia I would say... "their reads have been far too accurate for someone who is playing the game the way they are, that is to say not really playing it at all".
This is a fair criticism, but their read in contention was on D1, right? They weren't inactive on D1.
You should reread their ISO and give me your thoughts. I think while they weren't inactive on d1, it's still fair to say that they weren't actually playing the game. Dyslexicon was willfully refusing to participate on day 1 early and most of their reads were "I don't feel like playing" and then suddenly they just had the entire solve.
I should, but I am not likely to do that tonight. It is almost my bedtime, and I am playing a fun vidja game so no deep dives right now. Tomorrow though I will take a look.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 837

Post by MacDougall »

Seanzie wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:49 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:37 pm If I had to articulate succinctly why Dizzy is mafia I would say... "their reads have been far too accurate for someone who is playing the game the way they are, that is to say not really playing it at all".
This is a fair criticism, but their read in contention was on D1, right? They weren't inactive on D1.
You should reread their ISO and give me your thoughts. I think while they weren't inactive on d1, it's still fair to say that they weren't actually playing the game. Dyslexicon was willfully refusing to participate on day 1 early and most of their reads were "I don't feel like playing" and then suddenly they just had the entire solve.
I should, but I am not likely to do that tonight. It is almost my bedtime, and I am playing a fun vidja game so no deep dives right now. Tomorrow though I will take a look.
I mean it took me 3 minutes to read their day 1 posts. It's not exactly laborious.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 81

Post by DrWilgy »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:05 pm I wouldn't be surprised if Dyslexicon was mafia and did do that stuff as mafia. I'd be like "dang". Not surprised. But it's also just anti the probability mindset I solve with when I'm in this particular hyper fixated headspace.
This is well said and I agree.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

@Dyslexicon your thoughts would be much appreciated.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

@Dyslexicon your thoughts would be much appreciated.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: ASMRfia [DAY 1]

Post by MacDougall »

Tommy wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:23 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:16 pm
Tommy wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:07 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:06 pm Town

Dyslexicon

Considering

Achro
Sabi

Mafia

Porscha
Tommy

POLICY DAY 1 CHOP

Rondo
Why am I mafia
why are you not?
Got me there
LOL
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:35 pm @DrWilgy I require some analysis from you please.
Idk my dude.

I still don't think dizzy does what dizzy did in that post as wolf.

The stars would have to align and the world flip sideways for me to think that was a deliberately placed early super bussing.

I feel that Ender was just right in that read.

Achro's read on Flanders I think to trust but I know I need to review it.

If I'm stipulating on "I'm just wrong." The slot I have the least data on in my head is Vivax. I just know the equity places then in town. I do need to put the equity to context to reassess.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Tommy wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:00 pm
lucy wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:58 pm
Tommy wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:56 pm
Tommy wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:55 pm
Achromatic wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:47 pm
lucy wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:45 pm
Vivax wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:43 pm

What's up, what's your solve?

Achro defending Tommy here irks me a bit
why lmao, objective he’s correct, subjectively i’m scared of them flying under the radar
I feel like even me, who is defending Tommy due to circumstances, is expecting more than just 'idk sorry guys' day 2. He will have a lot more to go on then and if he still can't produce much then... well FM isn't for him x(
I am literally crying rn at my desk. What more do i need to do
I’m sorry if I don’t over analyze meaningless discussions. When something has happened, or someone has said something wrong I’ve spoken up
you do this all the time, why are u trolling?
No i dont tf
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:55 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:35 pm @DrWilgy I require some analysis from you please.
Idk my dude.

The stars would have to align and the world flip sideways for me to think that was a deliberately placed early super bussing.

If I'm stipulating on "I'm just wrong." The slot I have the least data on in my head is Vivax. I just know the equity places then in town. I do need to put the equity to context to reassess.
Vivax is the slot I am least worried about. Some of their day 1 posts are nonsense to think about in the context of being partnered with Porscha. They have no TMI at all.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I'm becoming relatively comfortable with;

Kill Dizzy/Lucy
I die
Sleep
Kill whichever of Dizzy/Lucy is still alive at f5
If the game doesn't end good luck to the f3 townies.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:56 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:55 pm
Idk my dude.

Vivax is the slot I am least worried about. Some of their day 1 posts are nonsense to think about in the context of being partnered with Porscha. They have no TMI at all.
Fair enough, but I do still intend on double checking likely tomorrow when I have time.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Alright, I've caught up with the recent banter.

Like I said I'll try to some reassess tomorrow, we could benefit from it, but for now it's bed time.

Mac, since we are on shorter, I'll make sure I read through what you have tonight.

Something that bugs me immediately though, is why Lucy latched onto Dizzy and not Nook or I. I feel like a wolf grasping would go the route of us two before Dizzy.
Image Image Image
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:50 pm
I mean it took me 3 minutes to read their day 1 posts. It's not exactly laborious.
It took me more than 3 minutes, so I am cranky now.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Seanzie wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:04 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:50 pm
It took me more than 3 minutes, so I am cranky now.
BUT BEFORE BED, to you seanzie, I offer an honorary 'phwah' you may put it in your 'phwah' bag for when you are cranky next.
Image Image Image
robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 485
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by robyn »

phwah
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 374
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

lucy wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:25 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:24 pm
lucy wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:19 pm @Seanzie @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME now I have to convince u two
What are you convincing me of
voting dizzy
Gonna be a hard sell atp
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:07 am
lucy wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:25 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:24 pm
lucy wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:19 pm @Seanzie @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME now I have to convince u two
What are you convincing me of
voting dizzy
Gonna be a hard sell atp
I'm appealing to my own authority and god read
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Yeah, I won't fight the Dizzy elim. I don't really agree with Mac that Dizzy was actively not being caught upnor whatever he said since the big post in question was after Dizzy stated they were going to read them game, and they were responding to things in a way that indeed did look like they were reading and caught up.

However, rereading Dizzy's D1 did remind me of some things and ofher things popped out at me. One big thing that will probably not sway anyone else was that normally town Dizzy interacts with me in a very casual, kind of flirty way most games early on, and I didn't get that impression here, if anything I felt like they were avoiding me until I started to pressure them a bit about it.

Now on to things that might sway others. Dizzy pretty early on votes Tommy than Porscha (this was before they were "reading", each time with like a backhand reason in a way that looks fakeish. Dizzy does keep up pressure on Tommy, but looking at everything they say about Porscha, it is always "I scumread her but want her to not die right now", with a little bit of "my read on her might change with time", which is not a good look. Tommy likely was not doing well in scumchat before they were killed, so I give little points to people pushing Tommy, and Dizzy's D1 stuff on Porscha could be teamed for sure. Distancing, specifically, not bussing, I do not get the feeling that Dizzy ever wanted Porscha to go over.

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:01 am Alright, I've caught up with the recent banter.

Like I said I'll try to some reassess tomorrow, we could benefit from it, but for now it's bed time.

Mac, since we are on shorter, I'll make sure I read through what you have tonight.

Something that bugs me immediately though, is why Lucy latched onto Dizzy and not Nook or I. I feel like a wolf grasping would go the route of us two before Dizzy.
so is that not simply cause to townread her?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

if we kill dizzy and they're town like ur dead u know that right?
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:14 am if we kill dizzy and they're town like ur dead u know that right?
I'm not wrong
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

I pointed and you and seanzie found evidence
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

further indicates my correctness
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

lucy wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:17 am I pointed and you and seanzie found evidence
I could find evidence that anyone in this game is scum.

robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Seanzie wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:26 am
lucy wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:17 am I pointed and you and seanzie found evidence
you were wrong on me
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

lucy wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:27 am
you were wrong on me
That has yet to be seen.

robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Seanzie wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:28 am
you were wrong on me
That has yet to be seen.
it's seen by me
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

and jjj
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Seanzie wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:28 am
you were wrong on me
That has yet to be seen.
would u Lynch dizzy over me rn?
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

I sleep

Dizzy is a tough sell for me cause of their doc read on me, it was just....felt really pure
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

tbh at the time it seemed like a panicked reaction at missing the doc and also showed them as the primary candidate likely to not have shot Rondo due to simply not believing him or knowing
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 366

Post by Dyslexicon »

Good morning, friends.

Is it my turn lol
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:53 pm @Dyslexicon your thoughts would be much appreciated.
Going to work now, but you will get thots later. I don't think you should be voting me though, that's a thought

MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:57 am tbh at the time it seemed like a panicked reaction at missing the doc and also showed them as the primary candidate likely to not have shot Rondo due to simply not believing him or knowing
I thought it lined up well with their "nanook is town, just trust me" moments the day before

Usually that comes when I find something micro to TR dizzy on and he realizes it and locks me town in turn, the fact he did it without me doing my bit made me kinda ??? but doing it for a doc read there makes a lot of sense imo?

Idk I guess ill reread it later if I have to
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:20 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:57 am tbh at the time it seemed like a panicked reaction at missing the doc and also showed them as the primary candidate likely to not have shot Rondo due to simply not believing him or knowing
I thought it lined up well with their "nanook is town, just trust me" moments the day before

Usually that comes when I find something micro to TR dizzy on and he realizes it and locks me town in turn, the fact he did it without me doing my bit made me kinda ??? but doing it for a doc read there makes a lot of sense imo?

was unaware of these thots

@Dyslexicon you can go along way to surviving here by explaining where you think nook softed doc
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:59 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:53 pm @Dyslexicon your thoughts would be much appreciated.
Going to work now, but you will get thots later. I don't think you should be voting me though, that's a thought
how convincing, I should unvote you
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:53 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:20 am

was unaware of these thots

@Dyslexicon you can go along way to surviving here by explaining where you think nook softed doc
I already did, but his first two posts at the beginning of D2:
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:15 pm Nice

Mac lock town
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:12 pm
Achromatic wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:09 pm Nanook trying would he neat too
I did my job
Particularly that second one. I was wrong, but I thought Nook was doc after this
Dyslexicon
<3

Re: ASMRfia [DAY 4]

Post by Dyslexicon »

lucy wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:26 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:24 pm [VOTE: Lucy] aubergine
makes no sense to vote me here
Why?
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:47 am
Why?
too soon after being concerned about me
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

like, ur emotions wouldn't be fully there
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

lucy wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:51 pmshe never voted Porscha, ignore her reasoning, see the optics
I didn't vote Porscha because I was tunnelled on Achro. I also didn't try to save Porscha, I thought she was getting chopped D2 anyway.

And I was worried for you when you said you hadn't slept for 2 days. I'd be worried for anyone hearing that. It's obviously not AI, please
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:51 am
lucy wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:51 pmshe never voted Porscha, ignore her reasoning, see the optics
I didn't vote Porscha because I was tunnelled on Achro. I also didn't try to save Porscha, I thought she was getting chopped D2 anyway.

And I was worried for you when you said you hadn't slept for 2 days. I'd be worried for anyone hearing that. It's obviously not AI, please
voting right after just wouldn't happen broski
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

ergo fake emotions on some level
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

lucy wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:50 am
Why?
But your alignment doesn't have anything to do with my concern for your well being.

Also, you had already gone to bed and was not logged on. I did actually check that, you're right
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

lucy wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:53 am ergo fake emotions on some level
Please no.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:53 am
lucy wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:50 am
Why?
But your alignment doesn't have anything to do with my concern for your well being.

Also, you had already gone to bed and was not logged on. I did actually check that, you're right
logically yes, in practice never

lol that's weirddddd
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:53 am
lucy wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:53 am ergo fake emotions on some level
Please no.
makes one message not make sense in my pov from a malicious level, and I'm right about these reads
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:06 pm I think it bodes rather well for you that your choice of who to push here as the bottom POE is the person that I am least likely to agree with you on. That is what I need to ascertain whether you are capable of doing as mafia because if you were mafia doing this you would most likely be doing this specifically to demonstrate that your interest is in solving and not surviving which is very clever.
Mac =p

Return to “Previous Heists”