67%

Total votes: 9
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 56
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Re: Gym Class Mafia D2

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

@Wisdom has died. They flip town, odd night tracker/even night watcher.

@Dolby has replaced @Spacedaisy

Hammer is set at 5. Today is F9, votes are NOT locked. Eod is July 22, 7pm eastern.

Spoiler: show
@ Cape90
@ DrWilgy
@ dunya
@ dyachei
@ falcon45ca
@ Marmot
@ Seanzie
@ Shending_Help
@ dolby
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dolby
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 5
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Aka: Morg, Dolbster

Re: Gym Class Mafia D3

Post by Dolby »

Hi I’m here to chew ass and kick bubblegum

And I’m all out of bubblegum
Shending_Help
The Mark
Posts in topic: 271
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
Aka: Shending

Post by Shending_Help »

@Wisdom gg friend, was nice finding each other In a game for once. I had a feeling you weren't gonna be allowed to stick around

Sorry sabi

@Dolby heyo! Gonna be interesting to see if an outside perspective is gonna land in the same towncore as most of the ppl alrdy playing have

How much have you read?
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

It's possible we lose tonight if we misyeet and there were 6 wolves. That feels p crazy
Dolby
Money Launderer

Post by Dolby »

Shending_Help wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:15 pm @Wisdom gg friend, was nice finding each other In a game for once. I had a feeling you weren't gonna be allowed to stick around

Sorry sabi

@Dolby heyo! Gonna be interesting to see if an outside perspective is gonna land in the same towncore as most of the ppl alrdy playing have

How much have you read?
Imma be blunt

I think your post surrounding HK up to about 150 (where I’ve read to) are wolfy.

Wilgy is probs town

I have a chat with Spacedaisy and she thinks that Dunya is a wolf and marmot is town and she kinda just dipped recently

1 min Before flip I called you/cape/Dunya the PoE
Dolby
Money Launderer

Post by Dolby »

Shending_Help wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:17 pm It's possible we lose tonight if we misyeet and there were 6 wolves. That feels p crazy
Today is LYLO, host confirmed
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

Dolby wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:20 pm
Shending_Help wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:15 pm @Wisdom gg friend, was nice finding each other In a game for once. I had a feeling you weren't gonna be allowed to stick around

Sorry sabi

How much have you read?
Imma be blunt

I think your post surrounding HK up to about 150 (where I’ve read to) are wolfy.

Wilgy is probs town

I have a chat with Spacedaisy and she thinks that Dunya is a wolf and marmot is town and she kinda just dipped recently

Uh wow. Yeah that's something alright.

I can see how you think I'm a wolf if you read my handling of HK by itself. I'll be more surprised if you keep that read when you've read more of my posts

Why do you think Cape is a wolf (or dya /falc are town?)
Cape90
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 221
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Post by Cape90 »

Wow I thought EOD/SOD was an hour later for me and stuff, my bad for not being there.

Today is final 9? dude who are the mafia then? I am still thinking dyachei is one after that Sabi flip

Mafia is in dyachei/dunya/falcon/DrWigly/Dolby IMO. I think we at least solve in that crew of people first
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

Gonna say for those bad at reading, votes are not locked today
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

Cape90 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:28 pm Gonna say for those bad at reading, votes are not locked today
We should still treat it like they are, since hammer is still in effect
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

Sorry sabi

How much have you read?
Imma be blunt

Wilgy is probs town

Why is Wigly town?

I think your POE is also mostly wack so sup with that? Also regarding Shending, are you talking multiple posts?
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

Shending_Help wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:29 pm
Cape90 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:28 pm Gonna say for those bad at reading, votes are not locked today
We should still treat it like they are, since hammer is still in effect
Okay, that sounds fair to me and probably a good idea
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 96
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

@Dolby curious about your read on dunya because i dont think she'd posted up to that point
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

Cape90 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:28 pm Wow I thought EOD/SOD was an hour later for me and stuff, my bad for not being there.

Today is final 9? dude who are the mafia then? I am still thinking dyachei is one after that Sabi flip

Mafia is in dyachei/dunya/falcon/DrWigly/Dolby IMO. I think we at least solve in that crew of people first
I agree. So mostly I guess my focus today will be to see if there's any strong reasons why any of those 5 can't be w/W with another person from that group. And therefore both get the result of if a wolfteam of 4 in those 5 ppl is reasonable, and if so, who of the 5 ppl has the most non-pairings with the other 4

And then last who is the wolfiest of the leftovers, but that has power priority than finding non-w/w pairings for me at this stage
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

Shending_Help wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:48 pm Let's remember that HK only expanded on the Wigly townread because I asked for it, he didn't put the reasoning out there unprovoked.

And I don't agree it looks particularly forced of a read. I think I'm leaning more on the side of it looking good for Wigly.

But I do agree Wigly's likelyhood to be V is far from from the #core
I was curious to check out this claim over here from EOD yesterday
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:10 pm
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:38 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:17 pm wisdom, shending, marmot, and wigly can be town
what's *your* reason for wigly?
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:24 am Pleasure to meet you new friends.

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is DrWilgy and I am most definitely a doctor.

I used to claim doctor d1 every game, but have become old and grumpy in my recent age. Have been playing since 2013. Exclusively on the Syndicate since about 2015?

I may be wrong on this assumption, but out of this player cast, Alison and Marmot may have the best capacity and track record for reading me. Though, that may be them getting lucky tossing darts, as many others seem to have inconsistency on determining both my scum and town range.
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:25 am [VOTE: HK] aubergine is a wolf this game and is to be yeeted at last light.

This is an imperial decree and shall not be revoked.
I like both of these posts. I don't find Wigly being quite this confident in a read this early in a game when he's a wolf
I guess I can see the read as it was pretty heavily expanded on.

Do you think that mafia would put reads on their members more unprovoked vs provoked? Or is it something to do with the amount of detail HK provides to make the town case on Wigly?

Honestly, to me, the ladder reason looks better in my head in terms of Wigly then the provocation
Dolby
Money Launderer

Post by Dolby »

dyachei wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:32 pm @Dolby curious about your read on dunya because i dont think she'd posted up to that point
I’m driving rn and was respecting daisy’s read

Wanted to out for potential post game cred
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

Lower priority*
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

Shending_Help wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:51 pm Kinda getting the feeling sabi is just accepting death today. I don't feel like that's V-sabi's style (IK it's happened in turbos but that's different)
I have seen Sabi roll over before without much of a fight
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:04 pm Due to host error, the postcap for everyone today has been set at 120 (thats 120 total). Please do not exceed this.

On future days post caps will be posted at SOD, apologies for the inconvenience.
@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME

Apologies if this isn't the most appropriate way of addressing this, however, you still have yet to do this for today
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

Shending_Help wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:07 pm Is Cape doing 'the Dunya' now or am I trippin'
what exactly do you mean by this?
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

Cape90 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:34 pm
Shending_Help wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:48 pm Let's remember that HK only expanded on the Wigly townread because I asked for it, he didn't put the reasoning out there unprovoked.

And I don't agree it looks particularly forced of a read. I think I'm leaning more on the side of it looking good for Wigly.

But I do agree Wigly's likelyhood to be V is far from from the #core
I was curious to check out this claim over here from EOD yesterday
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:10 pm
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:38 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:17 pm wisdom, shending, marmot, and wigly can be town
what's *your* reason for wigly?
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:24 am Pleasure to meet you new friends.

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is DrWilgy and I am most definitely a doctor.

I used to claim doctor d1 every game, but have become old and grumpy in my recent age. Have been playing since 2013. Exclusively on the Syndicate since about 2015?

I may be wrong on this assumption, but out of this player cast, Alison and Marmot may have the best capacity and track record for reading me. Though, that may be them getting lucky tossing darts, as many others seem to have inconsistency on determining both my scum and town range.
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:25 am [VOTE: HK] aubergine is a wolf this game and is to be yeeted at last light.

This is an imperial decree and shall not be revoked.
I like both of these posts. I don't find Wigly being quite this confident in a read this early in a game when he's a wolf
I guess I can see the read as it was pretty heavily expanded on.

Do you think that mafia would put reads on their members more unprovoked vs provoked? Or is it something to do with the amount of detail HK provides to make the town case on Wigly?

Honestly, to me, the ladder reason looks better in my head in terms of Wigly then the provocation
I'm not exactly sure what you mean but

Iirc ppl in the thread at the time were implying that HK tried to force a wolfread on a teammate into the thread while giving that reasoning, and I mainly wanted to get it out there that no, it wasn't offered unprovoked but only given as an answer to me asking.

And for HKs comments themselves I just lean on the side of the reason not feeling forced enough for me to think w/w instantly. It sounds like solid (for early game at least) reasons that I can see HK believing. And if he believes them, it means wilgy is V
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

Cape90 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:40 pm
Shending_Help wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:07 pm Is Cape doing 'the Dunya' now or am I trippin'
Dunya had come in earlier and derped regarding Alison. Then you did the same thing. AKA. 'the Dunya' (I named it on the spot)

BTW I do want answers to my questions I sent you yesterday and I think you never saw/responded to it
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

Cape90 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:36 pm
Shending_Help wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:51 pm Kinda getting the feeling sabi is just accepting death today. I don't feel like that's V-sabi's style (IK it's happened in turbos but that's different)
I have seen Sabi roll over before without much of a fight
Yeah well I only know Sabi from turbos and what I've seen in discord. I just *felt* like they would be the kind of personality to hate getting misyeeted in a longer game that they had put some time into

But obv they rolled over here so yeah

I was wrong
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

I'll do some looking tomorrow bout different constellations, but currently I'm leaning towards a Dya vote
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

But this will be a hard hard position to win from even if I vote a wolf. Dya/falcon/dunya should Imo be the ppl laying down their votes first
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

Well assuming falcon even shows up...
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 176
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

If I had to vote right now, it'd be Dya.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Cape90
Money Launderer

Re: Gym Class Mafia D1

Post by Cape90 »

Shending_Help wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:55 pm Questions to @Cape90 :

---

Cape90 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:37 am
Wisdom wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:30 am Good thing to know for everyone who's bad at reading openings: There's a post cap of 60!

I'm not sure I get the whole draft system but there can be up to 6 wolves? (Even though the pick order says 8) 6/15 is still a lot.

I don't know how much we are allowed to talk about the drafting? I have thoughts!

Oh, and n0 Dunya!
Oh I just assumed that the post cap was 50 because that's what it said in the description of The Racket. But I suppose it does not exactly say it had to be 50 posts. Good to know.

I kinda remember you making a similar opening post in the last light game we played together and that's giving me slight good vibes off you
I thought about asking you this at the time, gonna do it now instead. What exactly felt similar to you? Please add all context you remember from when you made this post.

---
Cape90 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:16 pm
Wisdom wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:15 am Sure SS I think that might make sense. [Adding Sabi to Wolf? Pile]
Yeah SS is actually pretty dead on about me

I think you were wolfy early on but are looking a bit better

Sending is town not rescinding
What was it that I had said about you that was dead on?

---
Cape90 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:22 pm I think Kutis wall is town indicative for her

Seanzie looks towny to me this game

Dyachei feels more... Typical this game

Jack feels okay so far I guess

Anyways see y'all later lol

Sorry

You all started to post too much today
I wanna hear you expand on most of the thoughts you had at the time when you posted this^ :

What about Kuti's wall post was town indicative? The fact that they wallposted at all? The content in it? If so what?

Regarding Dya, did you play a game where they didn't act typical? And what was their alignment there and what conclusions do you draw about Dya feeling more typical here? Is it towny?

Was Jack feeling “okay so far i guess” a slight townread for you at that time? If so why?
1. The way Wisdom talked about there being a postcap was similar to how they talked about it in the light game. The second post in the light game, Wisdom gave thoughts about the whole team captain thing which also kinda felt like deja vu to me this game.

2. This post
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:21 pm
Cape90 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:54 pm
Marmot wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:59 am [VOTE: Cape] aubergine

tbh lol
Wagon me more, it fuels me

:epig:
Does it?

in the 2 games we've played together (FAM and the lightgame) it hasn't felt like you're one of the players who thrive of getting pushed and read people based on their handling of you. So... I'm not sure I believe this? Wanna talk about your mindset here?
It also just felt like a towny "hey wait a second" moment.

3. To expand. Kuti's wall was towny mostly because I feel like I haven't really seen Kuti really put out a post like that as wolf, usually it would be of lower effort from what I have seen. Even if I wasn't a fan of what was in the wall upon revisiting it when I got more time to actually look at the thread cuz these were like impressions I got within like 5 minutes of reading like 150 posts okay?
On the dyachei part, it just felt like their game was lacking I guess distinctive qualities to where I am like "yeah they are posting like dyachei to me and not anybody else" it's strange. Like I have a similar read for Garden Gnome (aka I took it from somebody) to where I feel like as town, they play more like themselves but when they are wolf, they try to check off boxes. If that makes sense. Typical meant like they were trying to play more in the crowd I was thinking which I find to be a bit scummy. Unrelated, I find dya omitting me from their readslist to be really strange, it stuck out to me even before you pointed it out later (or it might have been sean that noticed but i think it was u).
Jack just felt fine to me and I really didn't get the early suspicions on him. I don't have much to add to what Jack said like him talking about being a bad draft captain or whatever but it felt like a pretty standard entrance to the game but probs wouldn't have been looked at if it was earlier or whatever. Not really slightly towny, I didn't exactly read Jack as town but also just thought Jack was not scummy and this read pretty much stayed consistent even if I couldn't really point to why or I more mean something explicitly towny.
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

Shending_Help wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:44 pm
Cape90 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:40 pm
Dunya had come in earlier and derped regarding Alison. Then you did the same thing. AKA. 'the Dunya' (I named it on the spot)

BTW I do want answers to my questions I sent you yesterday and I think you never saw/responded to it
I didn't see it I am sorry
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

Ye if Cape is W I'm losing to him. (he's V tho)

So Dolbys POE if he doesn't change it contains 0-1 wolves, which is not a good look in lylo. I'll wait and see where he goes from here tho, if he's V he'll hopefully correct his path before its too late

Early bird gets the worm i guess, if the worm is a few extra posts. Postcaps are these plus 60:

ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:08 pm Early bird gets the worm i guess, if the worm is a few extra posts. Postcaps are these plus 60:

@Cape90@DrWilgy@dunya@dyachei@falcon45ca@Marmot@Seanzie@Shending_Help@dolby
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 141
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Welcome Dolby, bye Spacedaisy.

It's wild that there can still be 4 wolves left alive, meaning we are in LYLO (well probably).

I wish we'd flipped dya yesterday, but that's probably partially hindsight atp.

I'll have more free time tomorrow to dive back into ISOs. My current POE of falcon/dya probably isn't big enough (even if it's right) so it's time to expand.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

This is slow to say the least.

Btw, I've never understood why the best lylo strat is to just let the most universally clear person decide who we kill and just force everyone to follow that vote. That way we have a very high chance of getting a hit, while if every single villa is allowed to vote according to their (usually varied) reads, only 1 person has to be wrong

Sure then we have less info tomorrow compared to if everyone voted freely and we got a wolf, but I feel like it's very very difficult to get a wolf from this spot, so I'd rather just maximize the chance of even reaching tomorrow
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

Shending_Help wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:39 am This is slow to say the least.

Btw, I've never understood why the best lylo strat is to just let the most universally clear person decide who we kill and just force everyone to follow that vote. That way we have a very high chance of getting a hit, while if every single villa is allowed to vote according to their (usually varied) reads, only 1 person has to be wrong

Sure then we have less info tomorrow compared to if everyone voted freely and we got a wolf, but I feel like it's very very difficult to get a wolf from this spot, so I'd rather just maximize the chance of even reaching tomorrow
The first sentence is meant to be "isn't just"
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

(Imo Marmot should be that person based on what I've seen others say + my own thoughts)
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

I know I'll probably get backlash from pushing this angle since it's both something that I haven't seen be used before and ppl don't know if I'm suggesting it from a wolf perspective. But I feel like it's the best bet we have?

Thoughts? I'm down to hear why I'm wrong
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 50

Post by DrWilgy »

Marmot, am I still a scum read?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 176
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

Shending_Help wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:42 am (Imo Marmot should be that person based on what I've seen others say + my own thoughts)
Why Marmot?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Dolby
Money Launderer

Post by Dolby »

Spacedaisy hasn’t providing full reads In chat still so I guess I’m doing the hard slog forward
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 96
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

I wanna look at wilgy and falcon most because i think they are coasting the most
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:00 pm
Shending_Help wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:42 am (Imo Marmot should be that person based on what I've seen others say + my own thoughts)
Why Marmot?
Shending_Help wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:47 pm Reasons why Marmot is town:

Marmot wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:52 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:20 pm I feel like Wisdoms Alison comment is more likely true than NAAs Lime statement is if only because if Lime is so antagonistic to NAA forcing NAA to wolf would probably be funny as fuck to Lime. I know it would be to me.
LC forced you to wolf didn't he?
This feels kind of a... abrasive (?)... way of bussing. I don't know if I have the right words for it, but I feel like it's Marmot legit wondering if that's what happened, and not him knowing. (Small town-point)

---
Marmot wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:56 pm Townreads thus far

NAA
Cape
Shendog
Wisdom

Null

Everyone else
I'm pretty confident all 4 people in this list are town. A good look. (Small town-point)

---
Alison wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:32 am
Cape90 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:55 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:06 am Marmot's entrance is pretty townie.
What have they done that is AI?
Marmot's entranced was relaxed and comfortable. I think they tend to enter kinda stiffly as mafia, and sometimes even play it up because they enjoy leaning into suspicion as a wolf.
Alison wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:33 am
Alison wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:32 am
Cape90 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:55 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:06 am Marmot's entrance is pretty townie.
What have they done that is AI?
Marmot's entranced was relaxed and comfortable. I think they tend to enter kinda stiffly as mafia, and sometimes even play it up because they enjoy leaning into suspicion as a wolf.
Compare his entrance here to eg. GOC.
This feels like a TMI read that Alison really believes, rather than trying to force a townread on a partner. (Medium town-point)

---
Marmot wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:19 pm I could see sabi and Alison being teammates based on sabi's treatment of Alison. But also they're two of the three leading wagons, so maybe that's a little bold.
I like the thought process, and i also like the tone of "so maybe that's a little bold". Feels uninformed. (small town-point)

----
Marmot wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:39 am @Wisdom I think Wilgy is more likely to have himself bussed over bussing another teammate.

I also am trying to think of a world where mafia hellbussed hk, and given that he was a PR, it doesn't seem like an optimal solution. If there are 5-6 mafia, they had plenty of voting power. But maybe the mafia team is just low WIM, and that WIM dropped even lower after that Alison shot.

I realize now I had read the ITA rules incorrectly. I thought we each got a shot in each window, but the reality is that we only get one shot total, so there was no rush to use it.

The reason I was proposing a list and pushing that discussion forward was twofold

1) If there were a 6 wolves, then utilizing all of our KP to eliminate them is important to lower the mafia/town ratio quickly and finding a consensus for who to ITA would be helpful.
2) I have a single Day 2 vig shot, and plan on using it after the second ITA window closes.
Openly claiming a Dayvig as a wolf is usually not a good move. Now he has to shoot into the PoE if he doesn't wanna play the day setting up for a "heroshot" and try to justify himself afterwards when it flips town. So if he does have a dayvig, it's better to just shoot an Obv-town and stay silent. And if he doesn't have one then obviously ppl will realize that at EoD. (BIG town-point)

---
Marmot wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:02 am hollowkatt ( 7 ) Marmot, Spacedaisy, Wisdom, Cape90, DrWilgy, Seanzie, Sabiplz
sabiplz ( 3 ) Shending_Help, NotAnAxehole, hollowkatt
falcon45ca ( 1 ) dyachei
Wisdom ( 1 ) Alison
Not Voting ( 3 ) dunya, falcon45ca, Jackofhearts2005

Here's the vote count from EOD1 again.

I believe what happened was, in the final minute, Spacedaisy vote for hk to make it a tie between hk and sabi at 5-5. Then sean and I moved our votes from sabi to hk to break the tie.

If sabi is town, I think this is a decent look for Spacedaisy since she sheeped a TR's vote. Ties are scum-sided in this setup, but I SD didn't seem to notice she'd made it a tie, and I'm willing to believe that.
I like this post, both content and tone ("and I'm willing to believe that"). Especially so if Spacedaisy is V (small town-point)

--------

Apart from these posts, I also remember liking Marmot's entry d1, which is a small +, and he felt natural every time I saw him around in the thread.

But ATP I don't even need all the other reasons, I'm pretty much fine calling him town just for the Dayvig-claim
I still stand by what I said in this post. Mainly I think scum would never claim KP early in the day like that so they'll be forced to shoot into the consensus. But I think he's been towny individually as well
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

And I've seen some ppl suspect me / Cape / Sean at least sometime, while all ppl seem to agree on Marmot being town (at least that's my vibe)
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 95

Post by dunya »

gg @Wisdom it was great playing with you <3

i'm just gonna stick to my guns and feels and go dya today, sorry.

i do not believe dyachei is town in this game.

since im so suspected, happy to vote there first. i could also do falcon because i think dya was throwing falcon under the bus for cred based on handling of him (calling out his soft as if it was something discussed in maf chat) etc.

still, i would go for dya today first.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i'm not tunneling btw so pls no one accuse me of that, i just don't think dya has been actively sorting people and trying to read them. the hunt has been very focused and narrow without much wiggle room.

i struggle to believe they have me at null still. it doesn't make sense from what i know of them.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:48 am Marmot, am I still a scum read?
i think you're town, baby
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Shending_Help wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:39 am This is slow to say the least.

What's your POE right now?

I'm a little hesitant on this strategy, because killing scum today kinda doesn't matter if we miss tomorrow (assuming there are multiple wolves left ofc) and so on. Forcing a unanimous vote like this is great if the POE is correct, but game over if the POE is wrong.

I do think it's probable that there is at least one wolf in dya/falcon, but that means there's probably another 1-2 wolves in the rest of the players.

Regardless, it could be game over if we're wrong on dya/falcon (which I'm worried about given how much dya has been pushing falcon this game).

But I agree with dunya, we should go dya first here.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Oh I forgot about hammers.

Ok never mind, we do have to be careful about where players votes.

If I'm the person deciding, we should kill dya today.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Re: Gym Class Mafia D1

Post by Marmot »

Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:21 am
Marmot wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:02 am hollowkatt ( 7 ) Marmot, Spacedaisy, Wisdom, Cape90, DrWilgy, Seanzie, Sabiplz
sabiplz ( 3 ) Shending_Help, NotAnAxehole, hollowkatt
falcon45ca ( 1 ) dyachei
Wisdom ( 1 ) Alison
Not Voting ( 3 ) dunya, falcon45ca, Jackofhearts2005

Here's the vote count from EOD1 again.

I believe what happened was, in the final minute, Spacedaisy vote for hk to make it a tie between hk and sabi at 5-5. Then sean and I moved our votes from sabi to hk to break the tie.

If sabi is town, I think this is a decent look for Spacedaisy since she sheeped a TR's vote. Ties are scum-sided in this setup, but I SD didn't seem to notice she'd made it a tie, and I'm willing to believe that.
I did not make it a tie. My vote put him at 5 over i think Sabi or someone at 4. Then you all moved your votes, probably because I voted and then I posted my vote since I only had two minutes until the poll ended.

@Wisdom what I meant. By liking you, was that immediately before my vote, you said something that struck me as very townie and since I was very much going on hit reads of people, I liked the look. I was already leaning voting he because sabi didn’t read to my gut as bad, so when I saw you had also voted there, I felt more confident in that choice based on my limited info at that time.

Back to catching up now.
Spacedaisy wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:01 pm It wasn’t a tie when I voted I don’t believe. Or if it was I didn’t know it.

There's a disconnect in these two posts from Spacedaisy. On EOD1, she claimed to not make the Day 1 vote a tie. On Day 2, she also claimed to not break a tie.

I'm oretty darn certain that Spacedaisy made the vote a tie, and Sean and I broke the tie. It's possible someone else was moving votes at the time too, but I don't think it was anyone but Spacedaisy.

I don't think either of these actions are scummy (and breaking the tie would be townie), but I think it's odd that she denied doing either of them.

I wish she could be here to talk about it, but we have Dolby who doesn't know.

Sorry sabi

How much have you read?
Imma be blunt

Wilgy is probs town

I'm glad we can have a fresh perspective on the game, but why do you think Cape and dunya are poe? I see your reasoning for Shen, I need to go back and look at those posts.

Overall, I still think Spacedaisy/Dolby are slight town or at least outer POE. Outer POE mostly due to lack of Spacedaisy sharing content or reads, but townie because of the Day 1 HK vote.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:48 am Marmot, am I still a scum read?

Reading your ISO now.

Today, I will not make the same mistake that I made yesterday, and attempt to conserve posts.

~~~~~~~~~

I still think you're town. I know I've waffled on your slot, but I've found your explanations for your reads believable, and more townie than not for you.

Both your reads on Jack and HK stemmed from experiences in previous games, and in particular, given that your read on Jack in P#602 was wrong (and he was town), I think it's more likely that you're town, because I think you would have trouble pushing someone like Jack if you were scum. I know I would, and I don't think of either of us as being good enough wolves for that.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Rackets”