Who put Boquise on ice?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:00 pm

Creature
No votes
fingersplints
15%
RondoDimBuckle
8%
Final 3 (dead, host, mod, non-player option)
77%

Total votes: 13
robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Re: Halvøsen Ridge [DAY 1]

Post by robyn »

i played games for 2 years without any randing, it’s a completely foreign concept for me. if true that matters a lot
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 572
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

lucy wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:10 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:06 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:22 am General question for anyone:

If you had to name four solid town reads as of right this moment, who are they?
Thanks, by the way, to those that answered this prompt. I will do the same: Boquise, Mac, Alison, and lucy.
These are the strongest players in the game (excluding myself), do you have any concerns about that? and if all of you were town, would G-man re rand roles?
All respect to those three, and to lucy, but "strongest players" is relative and probably varies game-to-game. I'm not selling Seanzie short, or Dizzy, or Marmot, etc. Tons of people in this roster are capable of playing awesome games of Mafia.

I don't tend to concern myself with that. We make judgments to the best of our ability, we check them and work on them as much as we are reasonably able, and we live with the results. G-Man wouldn't be likely to re-roll the game, no. That's very iffy for game integrity and would be a rare thing to see anywhere.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 594

Post by Dyslexicon »

Seanzie wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:14 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:11 pm I can do three town reads without having read the game, just glanced on a few posts: Lucy, Boq, Creature.

How did I do?

Don't hold me to these when I get to reading, but they will probably be unchanged.
It would be good for you to elaborate on Creature as they are in contention.
Yeah, I realise.
I liked how they thought about the game state. And their musing to themselves repeatedly reminded me of what I've seen from them before as town. And the pessimistic view of having no mafia being threatened right now, I think is a towny state of mind.

This was just from the last page or last couple of pages.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

lucy wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:14 pm i played games for 2 years without any randing, it’s a completely foreign concept for me. if true that matters a lot
Imagine.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:15 pm

Thanks, by the way, to those that answered this prompt. I will do the same: Boquise, Mac, Alison, and lucy.
These are the strongest players in the game (excluding myself), do you have any concerns about that? and if all of you were town, would G-man re rand roles?
All respect to those three, and to lucy, but "strongest players" is relative and probably varies game-to-game. I'm not selling Seanzie short, or Dizzy, or Marmot, etc. Tons of people in this roster are capable of playing awesome games of Mafia.

I don't tend to concern myself with that. We make judgments to the best of our ability, we check them and work on them as much as we are reasonably able, and we live with the results. G-Man wouldn't be likely to re-roll the game, no. That's very iffy for game integrity and would be a rare thing to see anywhere.
reasonable to the above. concerning the below that’s actually insane, the games would be so much more fun with complete randing, and harder to make reads, which in turn makes the games more fun
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:17 pm
Seanzie wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:14 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:11 pm I can do three town reads without having read the game, just glanced on a few posts: Lucy, Boq, Creature.

How did I do?

Don't hold me to these when I get to reading, but they will probably be unchanged.
It would be good for you to elaborate on Creature as they are in contention.
Yeah, I realise.
I liked how they thought about the game state. And their musing to themselves repeatedly reminded me of what I've seen from them before as town. And the pessimistic view of having no mafia being threatened right now, I think is a towny state of mind.

This was just from the last page or last couple of pages.
I don't know why people are voting or scum reading Creature though. Those reasons may be better.

I'm getting baited or baiting myself into thinking about the game before I can.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Seanzie wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:10 pm I'm not completely sure, but I don't think they'd be majorly concerned about it. They usually shrug off things for a while in most games i've seen. Alison made a point that they freaked out about being suspected in an FX situation, and actually after seeing her say that I remember Wilgy did respond to pressure in the TF2 game, but again that was late game when miselims were becoming scarse, so I still feel the reactionary way they've been playing is not in-line with what I expect from town!Wilgy unless they feel the game is at a crucial point, which I don't get the indication that they do.
Okee dokee. I have a feeling that expectations on both sides of this conflict are too specific to be "correct", and that your view became hyperbolic. I'll mull it over, as I wouldn't call Wilgy a town read anyway. The best counter I have right now is "Alison and Marmot town read Wilgy", which I acknowledge isn't the easiest thing to draw inspiration from.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

lucy wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:18 pm reasonable to the above. concerning the below that’s actually insane, the games would be so much more fun with complete randing, and harder to make reads, which in turn makes the games more fun
I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Are you accustomed to games in which roles are not randomized to players at all? :eek:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

NateTheLesser
The Mark
Posts in topic: 334
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by NateTheLesser »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:54 am Nate, Sean, Marmot

83% chance of at least 1 scum in that lil' group
Creature wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:52 pm I kinda want to do Nate the most because he seems pretty under and it feels like he's being forcefully shoved into the townreads list and/or barely evaluated at all. As comparison, I often see myself going from townread to wolfread or viceversa.
Creature wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:55 pm How do you all read Marmot and Seanzie?
Hmm. Both came to a me/Sean/Marmot team.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:24 pm
lucy wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:18 pm reasonable to the above. concerning the below that’s actually insane, the games would be so much more fun with complete randing, and harder to make reads, which in turn makes the games more fun
I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Are you accustomed to games in which roles are not randomized to players at all? :eek:
yeah, hell i used to bribe hosts to get good roles (such as sk and cult leader) because that was fairplay enough. very little if at all randing and certain players like myself had a high probability of being anti town or a town PR so they’d get lynched or NKed early. only thing that wasn’t fair play was screenshotting and telling another player your role in dms/leaking mafia team to a friend, or telling/getting your friends to leave the game because you died
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Nate's posts inspire a sense of unnerving calm in me. I read them to my mind's ear while puffing a mind's pipe. This post is mostly meaningless. I think Nate seems okay.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

NateTheLesser
The Mark

Post by NateTheLesser »

lucy wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:31 pm
yeah, hell i used to bribe hosts to get good roles (such as sk and cult leader) because that was fairplay enough. very little if at all randing and certain players like myself had a high probability of being anti town or a town PR so they’d get lynched or NKed early. only thing that wasn’t fair play was screenshotting and telling another player your role in dms/leaking mafia team to a friend, or telling/getting your friends to leave the game because you died
This is wild. The lawless frontier of discord mafia.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

lucy wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:31 pm yeah, hell i used to bribe hosts to get good roles (such as sk and cult leader) because that was fairplay enough. very little if at all randing and certain players like myself had a high probability of being anti town or a town PR so they’d get lynched or NKed early. only thing that wasn’t fair play was screenshotting and telling another player your role in dms/leaking mafia team to a friend, or telling/getting your friends to leave the game because you died
That is the opposite of any Mafia I have ever known. My skin crawls.

I'm sure folks had fun anyway.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

my usual reading based off player skill being worthless will have to be adjusted, not doing that makes me intuitively suspicious lol
NateTheLesser
The Mark

Post by NateTheLesser »

NateTheLesser wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:38 pm
lucy wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:31 pm
This is wild. The lawless frontier of discord mafia.
And to your earlier point about being concerned that some of the stronger players are currently being townread: it'll be great if that's correct. I think caution is definitely warranted as far as locking that group as town and focusing only on the rest of the game, though, especially after the first day or two.
NateTheLesser
The Mark

Post by NateTheLesser »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:34 pm Nate's posts inspire a sense of unnerving calm in me. I read them to my mind's ear while puffing a mind's pipe. This post is mostly meaningless. I think Nate seems okay.
I aim to whelm.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

@DrWilgy what are your current thoughts concerning me?
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

@JaggedJimmyJay Thoughts on game state and PoE? and do you reckon wolves have “touched” and influenced D1 chat?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

lucy wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:56 pm @JaggedJimmyJay Thoughts on game state and PoE? and do you reckon wolves have “touched” and influenced D1 chat?
I think Days 0 and 1 have been productive, and the thread is progressing in a healthy way that should be amenable to town success. Just by sheer probability there's a good chance that mafia have had some influence on things, sure. Generally though I believe that the brunt of the effort we have seen in this game so far has been town-motivated. I don't have a vague sense that "someone is deep" or the gamestate is "off" as has been suggested by some e.g. Ender or Creature, at least not anymore than I would sense in [insert any game here]. It's plausible as it always is, and town's task will be to sort that as the game moves. For now though, I think we're doing good things.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 347
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:02 am
Alison wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:44 am falcon, what's your Mac read exactly? You've been picking apart his posts, but you don't seem like you're gearing up for a push. I struggle to see what you're getting at.
67% town, I don't think scum Mac would push my ML so hard. I'd say his gut feel is real, it's just wrong.
What do you hope to gain by treating a town read like this?
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:00 am I have questions about the authenticity of some of falcon's play. A few examples:

~ I already mentioned his initial reception of Seanzie and I. I don't see a thread of logic that connects our early town leans to a "difference check", and the dichotomy presumed by a difference check is not one I care for.

~ When prompted to talk about his own reads, it's memes and gifs. That's fine in moderation, but I don't think it's being done in moderation. This might relate to the observation Nate made first about the awkward mix of gaming and shitposting.

~ Some gotcha moments that just look fake. I didn't like falcon's motion against Creature, just grabbing four posts Creature made in succession, voting, and doing a gif. On this page his treatment of Mac gives a similar impression. "Why vote out of order in your POE list of four players" -- even if the order was truly misinterpreted, the implication that Mac has to honor some precise order of operations is kinda bunk.
This is a good post.
Alison

Post by Alison »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:03 am I have a vague impression that fingersplints is trying to sort the game, even if we cannot see all of it in actual posts. There are nuggets and hints to suggest it. This is not a strong read and should be taken with a grain of salt, but it's my initial gun-to-head view.
Elaborate on these nuggets and hints? I am struggling to read fingersplints right now.
Alison

Post by Alison »

You, Mac, Boquise, Lucy.
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 77

Post by falcon45ca »

Alison wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:15 pm
Alison wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:44 am falcon, what's your Mac read exactly? You've been picking apart his posts, but you don't seem like you're gearing up for a push. I struggle to see what you're getting at.
67% town, I don't think scum Mac would push my ML so hard. I'd say his gut feel is real, it's just wrong.
I'm not sure I know what you mean...how am I treating him? If you're talking about my picking apart his read on me, I should think that obvious.

When you mention me picking apart his posts, are there any examples you have that are not related to Mac's read on my slot?
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

Boquise wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:20 am
Creature wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:51 am
Creature wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:49 am Shall we do falcon, Marmot or NateTheLesser?

Or do you want to convince me on another player?
I'm leaning the three unless it's Dyslexicon taking advantage of "Dizzy would play harder as wolf" or Mac got Alison like she is a purring cat.
Why would Dizzy play harder as scum? I haven't seen this mentioned before
I think he feels an obligation to perform as mafia because a bad mafia member hurts their team a lot more than a bad townie.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Creature wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:49 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:23 pm I kinda think that there is a necessary auto period here.

Like there is a line and those below it have to all die before those above it because if the mafia are all above it the game is already over and we are wasting our time and that's very unlikely.

Line

Dyslexicon
Creature
Falcon
DrWilgy

For some reason I don't want to put Fingersplints below the line. I think Dyslexicon has the most chance of being town but I can't reasonably put him above it.
This post is just terrible and you all are completely ignoring how terrible this post is
I've seen him make posts very similar to this as town and I'm pretty sure you have too so this is weird shade.
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 198

Post by fingersplints »

NateTheLesser wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:57 pm
fingersplints wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:00 am
NateTheLesser wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:31 am
fingersplints wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:13 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:00 am
yeah but like, as town I'm never wrong on you so you shouldn't think I'm town lol
Can anyone vouch for Mac never being wrong as town about falcon?

Gth I’d say I’m townleaning mac, and scumleaning falcon so considering following that vote but I have reservations as I always think falcon is scum and have been wrong
Have you played with scum!Falcon?
Yes
👍

Are you scumleaning Falcon due to that past experience, or what's feeding that scumlean?
Just a vibe based on past experiences and general tone in posts in this game.

It’s not great and completely vague, so I apologise to everyone and falcon. I wish I had more to go off of, but day 1 is rough
Gro-oo-ovy
Alison

Post by Alison »

Intentionally manipulating roles like that isn't allowed.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:39 pm
lucy wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:31 pm yeah, hell i used to bribe hosts to get good roles (such as sk and cult leader) because that was fairplay enough. very little if at all randing and certain players like myself had a high probability of being anti town or a town PR so they’d get lynched or NKed early. only thing that wasn’t fair play was screenshotting and telling another player your role in dms/leaking mafia team to a friend, or telling/getting your friends to leave the game because you died
That is the opposite of any Mafia I have ever known. My skin crawls.

I'm sure folks had fun anyway.
Used to be a lot of this in the early days. Certain hosts, that even hosted on the syndicate, you would just know that they would have hand picked roles. Mafia trends change over time. I remember back in the day when resurrection and recruitments were all the rage, and then there was a time with a ton of fun posting modifiers. It was crazy. Good times lol

(For the record, I have a long history of GMan games and he has absolutely not ever been one of those hosts to hand pick. Fair as always)
Gro-oo-ovy
Alison

Post by Alison »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:21 pm
I'm not sure I know what you mean...how am I treating him? If you're talking about my picking apart his read on me, I should think that obvious.

When you mention me picking apart his posts, are there any examples you have that are not related to Mac's read on my slot?
If your objective is to get him to reconsider his read on you, I'm not sure what you're doing is good at that at all.
Alison

Post by Alison »

I am amenable to Creature and Falcon wagons, and would be happy to lend my support to either. I am less enthusiastic about Dizzy or Wilgy wagons; I think Creature and Falcon are both scummier than an =rand player, even if you look past Dizzy trying harder as scum, and I have a townread on Wilgy.
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 77

Post by falcon45ca »

Alison wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:34 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:21 pm

If your objective is to get him to reconsider his read on you, I'm not sure what you're doing is good at that at all.
Oh, I know Mac well enough to know it's unlikely I can get him to reconsider his tunnel thru any argument of my own. He either will of his own accord, or he won't.
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Alison wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:16 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:03 am I have a vague impression that fingersplints is trying to sort the game, even if we cannot see all of it in actual posts. There are nuggets and hints to suggest it. This is not a strong read and should be taken with a grain of salt, but it's my initial gun-to-head view.
Elaborate on these nuggets and hints? I am struggling to read fingersplints right now.
An example: there's some loose-but-existent connectivity in her short post history pertaining to the relationship between falcon and Mac. This looks like something she has taken notice of and is trying to parlay into initial impressions of the game. It's a small point, but it's something.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Alison wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:18 pm

You, Mac, Boquise, Lucy.
So there is a towncore.
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 432

Post by Creature »

Guess I'll have to hope falcon is wolf here otherwise town already started pretty horrible and is unwilling to reevaluate.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I still don't get the Nate townreads. From which weirdverse did they come from?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:21 pm So there is a towncore.
How bad do you want to be in the clubhouse, Dizzyboo

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

NateTheLesser wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:31 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:54 am Nate, Sean, Marmot

83% chance of at least 1 scum in that lil' group
Creature wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:52 pm I kinda want to do Nate the most because he seems pretty under and it feels like he's being forcefully shoved into the townreads list and/or barely evaluated at all. As comparison, I often see myself going from townread to wolfread or viceversa.
Creature wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:55 pm How do you all read Marmot and Seanzie?
Hmm. Both came to a me/Sean/Marmot team.
I'm currently only wolfreading you. I don't know how I feel about Marmot and Seanzie and that's why I asked the question in the third quote.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Alison wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:37 pm I am amenable to Creature and Falcon wagons, and would be happy to lend my support to either. I am less enthusiastic about Dizzy or Wilgy wagons; I think Creature and Falcon are both scummier than an =rand player, even if you look past Dizzy trying harder as scum, and I have a townread on Wilgy.
Why are you all following Mac's list? I'm not seeing more than 0 or 1 wolves in it which is pretty fucking bad.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Alison wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:24 pm
Creature wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:49 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:23 pm I kinda think that there is a necessary auto period here.

Like there is a line and those below it have to all die before those above it because if the mafia are all above it the game is already over and we are wasting our time and that's very unlikely.

Line

Dyslexicon
Creature
Falcon
DrWilgy

For some reason I don't want to put Fingersplints below the line. I think Dyslexicon has the most chance of being town but I can't reasonably put him above it.
This post is just terrible and you all are completely ignoring how terrible this post is
I've seen him make posts very similar to this as town and I'm pretty sure you have too so this is weird shade.
Yes, but considering these are me (who I know to be town), falcon (who is the other popular lynch name) and two nulls it looks a lot like the Pokemon mash game on MU where Scyther/Mac made bad pushes on town and was eventually caught as wolf D2.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Creature wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:23 pm Guess I'll have to hope falcon is wolf here otherwise town already started pretty horrible and is unwilling to reevaluate.
Do you believe falcon is town? I'm happy to listen to your perspective, I just need you to make it clearer. What's the despair
Creature wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:24 pm I still don't get the Nate townreads. From which weirdverse did they come from?
I don't have a strong impression of Nate either way. I would call him town GTH. His perspective of the game strikes me as thoughtful, and I haven't felt it's inauthentic -- perhaps it's a bit sparing. If you feel otherwise, please talk about that. What is NateTheLesser's greatest crime?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:24 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:21 pm So there is a towncore.
How bad do you want to be in the clubhouse, Dizzyboo
Right now? Not very.

If I was, I would probably be mafia.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

@marmot Do you feel you have an ok grasp of the game state?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:29 pm @marmot Do you feel you have an ok grasp of the game state?
@Marmot
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

@Seanzie I went through Marmot's ISO. My read there is TBD at this moment.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:29 pm
Creature wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:23 pm Guess I'll have to hope falcon is wolf here otherwise town already started pretty horrible and is unwilling to reevaluate.
Do you believe falcon is town? I'm happy to listen to your perspective, I just need you to make it clearer. What's the despair
I don't know how I feel about falcon. His "gotcha" case on me, on one hand, was awful and reminded a lot of the Panda game where he came pushing me D4 and was caught as wolf for it. On the other hand it's really pissing it feels like only falcon and me are being considered for today's lynch and it makes me fear wolves are pushing us for t/t.
Creature wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:24 pm I still don't get the Nate townreads. From which weirdverse did they come from?
I don't have a strong impression of Nate either way. I would call him town GTH. His perspective of the game strikes me as thoughtful, and I haven't felt it's inauthentic -- perhaps it's a bit sparing. If you feel otherwise, please talk about that. What is NateTheLesser's greatest crime?
His posting has been pretty unimpressive and I feel like he's posting exactly how I'd expect wolves to post to stay under the radar (faking some solving here and there but not sticking neck out). Also I feel like wolves are trying to put him in town lists discreetly considering I don't think he has done anything to be put outside of POE.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Creature wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:33 am I could see it being Marmot + NaateTheLesser

Maybe DrWilgy for third
Was the question about this ever answered? I don't think Marmot had posted anything really game relevant at this point.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Creature wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:34 pm I don't know how I feel about falcon. His "gotcha" case on me, on one hand, was awful and reminded a lot of the Panda game where he came pushing me D4 and was caught as wolf for it. On the other hand it's really pissing it feels like only falcon and me are being considered for today's lynch and it makes me fear wolves are pushing us for t/t.
Okay. I wouldn't say it's just the two of you being considered, but regardless this is something to explore. I think falcon suspicion has been discussed with some depth already in this thread, but I am less clear where the group at large stands on you, Creature. @Alison, @MacDougall, @falcon45ca -- why is Creature the best vote?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:38 pm
Creature wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:33 am I could see it being Marmot + NaateTheLesser

Maybe DrWilgy for third
Was the question about this ever answered? I don't think Marmot had posted anything really game relevant at this point.
Marmot seemed frozen at the time.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

[VOTE: falcon] aubergine
Gro-oo-ovy

Return to “Previous Hustles”