Who put Boquise on ice?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:00 pm

Creature
No votes
fingersplints
15%
RondoDimBuckle
8%
Final 3 (dead, host, mod, non-player option)
77%

Total votes: 13
RondoDimBuckle
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 680
Preferred Pronouns: Rondo/RondoDimBuckle
Aka: Rondo

Re: Halvøsen Ridge [DAY 1]

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

EnderWiggin wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:04 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:30 pm EnderWiggin ISO

Ender has been a read in flux for me, so I wanted to take a closer look. Click spoiler for wall.

Spoiler: show
EnderWiggin wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:15 pm I refuse to scumhunt on D0 so enjoy me sitting around memeing and pocketing Rondo

Shrug. Sometimes I feel this way about Day 0 (hunting is apart from the original purpose of Day 0, but people do it anyway), so I don't really hold this against Ender as long as things kick into gear by Day 1. I'm just marking it here for the sake of context.

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:31 pm Day 0 has been a pleasant period of introductions and light reading. That’s healthy. Day 1 fast approaches, however, and I would love to solve the game as expediently as possible.

General query to everyone in the thread: how do you feel when I label lucy, Boq, and Seanzie town? Who else should I label town? We need seven, mmkay.
EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:36 pm I don't entirely like it.
EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:36 pm Because I think one specifically of that list is wolf
EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:37 pm
lucy wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:37 pm
EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:36 pm Because I think one specifically of that list is wolf
speak now or forever hold your peace
Can I hold it softly or just like, really hug it hard?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:38 pm I am absolutely fascinated, EnderWiggin. Oh my god. My juices are flowing. I'm sure you'll expand when you're ready in the near future.
EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:40 pm ...

And that reaction alone makes me half think JJJ is wolf and knows he has a partner in that list.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:43 pm

And that reaction alone makes me half think JJJ is wolf and knows he has a partner in that list.
Tell me more. When JJJ was "extra" (see, gang, I am not old, I used the language of the youths), what inspired this perspective?
EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:46 pm

Tell me more. When JJJ was "extra" (see, gang, I am not old, I used the language of the youths), what inspired this perspective?
Wolves, albeit usually not ones of your caliber, have tended to over-exaggerate when someone pinpoints a partner.

That being said, the reason I said "Half" is because I half would expect you to be too experienced to fall for a simpler ploy like that, and you read as mildly sarcastic in your response to me.

But I didn't want to give you that out if you hadn't.

I extracted this full series of posts, as they serve as the first especially game-relevant content Ender had to offer. My initial reaction to this was a positive one. I thought Ender's suggested that I seemed sarcastic read authentically (and I can see how my standard goofball posting can come off as sarcasm). His replies became a bit more flippant, which fits a perception of being subjected to sarcasm. Perhaps that ought to be tempered, because authentically perceiving sarcasm doesn't necessarily preclude the mafia alignment.

EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:49 pm Hey Nate.

Can I get you to take a look at JJJ's three clears and gimme your opinion on them?
EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:06 pm What do you like about Boq or Lucy specifically? Is Seanzie slipping your radar or you just don't think his posts are AI?

A little inquisitiveness never hurt. It led to meaningful content from Nate so that's fine.

EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:21 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:17 pm
EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:07 pm I have turned into one of those "But how do you really feel" players.

How.
How we feel is important, Ender. Never be afraid to ask how we feel. :bighug:
How sweet.

But tbh I've already been called out for it:
I don't actually sus your list, I just wanted to see what happened if I insinuated I did.

I think I mostly like Boq/JJJ a s my little town.

I'm wary of trusting Lucy because tone doesn't do a lot for me from chattier players and I don't think she'll struggle with that, my reservation is held until I see her talk about reads.

Falcon is rand but more rand!town so I'll agree with that.

I hold my thoughts on Seanzie.

Rondo is mildly in his townsphere but that's tentative and early so don't trust it.

The previous exchange being relegated to "reaction test" is a bit of a wet fish. The rest of this post is a bit more important to me though for a reason I will share shortly.

EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:37 pm
Boquise wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:21 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:19 pm
Alison wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:18 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:15 pm

It is a thing she has done :shrug:. I dont really care too much because I knew it was coming and it makes me happy
Why would someone attacking you make you happy?
Because I am a giant troll and love when I can elicit an emotional reaction from people. Ala, you entering thread and insta voting me. Its predictability is food for the soul. It just makes me happy
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Townie schadenfreude, perhaps.jpeg tbh
It is entirely NAI for Rondo. Rondo is best read on how he positions his wagons and what sus he pushes rather than the trolling he does.
EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:40 pm
Boquise wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:31 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:48 pm
lucy wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:46 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:45 pm I’m a little concerned about the potential for toxicity. We should avoid using language like “X hates the way I play”. If you have that perception, @RondoDimBuckle, we can and should talk about it. Let’s just be mindful please and thank you
yeah this message is 100% ai indicative, if a stands for age
no way, a mod is a mod, wolf or not
JJJ's approach sorta mirrors his approach in the game I played with him on MU though tbh
Jay is absolutely able to replicate his town-leader-yness as wolf. While his content or detail mileage might vary, I find it hard to believe that Jay can be read on "Is he approaching game as a 'make town collaborate' thing?" given that's almost his trademark from all that people have told me in the past.
EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:54 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:50 pm
Boquise wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:49 pm

JJJ's approach sorta mirrors his approach in the game I played with him on MU though tbh
Jay is absolutely able to replicate his town-leader-yness as wolf. While his content or detail mileage might vary, I find it hard to believe that Jay can be read on "Is he approaching game as a 'make town collaborate' thing?" given that's almost his trademark from all that people have told me in the past.
That's fair tbh
JJJ is a null for me right now tbh
I have him as firmly town fwiw.
I want to be clear:
I also have JJJ as town.

I was just saying that "Is he town-leadering" isn't a good approach.
EnderWiggin wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:33 am
Alison wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:17 am The way I see this game is fairly simple.

Mac and JJJ are both playing to their obvious town power town selves. I think they are very likely just town but even if they are I suspect they are townsiding for now because they are bringing down a lot of unnecessary bad attention if they shove blatantly bad reads down our throat here. So either way their reads are probably going to be good D1.

I am likely going to prioritize hammering on the reads we have in our Venn diagram overlap as those are the most likely to be hits. If we don't get pelts after a bit it will be obvious something is rotten.

As mentioned earlier, I find Boquise, Wilgy and Lucy townie in addition to JJJ and Mac. I am hands off Rondo for now in deference to Mac's read. Nate feels like someone a little out of their depth but trying to do the best he can to be part of the solving which I think is a pretty okay place to be in.

Seanzie has been ~fine. He started off a little weaker than usual but his ISO of me was decent. I wouldn't put him in my town squad but I don't really have interest in a Seanzie exe today.

I interpreted Ender's cryptic approach to Seanzie earlier as a way to fish for reactions with him like he did with JJJ but he hasn't really followed through on that promise which leaves me wondering why he did it. I am also unnerved by how hands-off he is with Rondo, who he knows well and even gave advice on how to read. It's weird that me and Mac have a stronger read on Rondo than the guy who knows him the best.

Loosely, I have a POE pool of Falcon, Creature and Ender. The afks remain null, maybe bump Dizzy a bit higher since he is more shameless about lurking when he is town and feels obligated to try a bit harder as scum.
The fact that I know him best and am not making a read should tell y'all to be more careful.

I actually do think Mac is right for now but Mac's confidence is very strong. I can tell you 100% that Rondo could fake this D1 as wolf, with the caveat that he hasn't wolfed in forum yet and I know he's not 100% confident he can do the same level of fakery first try.

But that being said he's very capable of it irl so benefit of the doubt means I'm wary to trust anything I'm not confident is town indicative of him.

These are the posts that I think caused the initial dissonance leading eventually to me reviewing this ISO in the first place. There's a theme here: Rondo and I are both receiving town reads, sometimes of high confidence, from various sources -- and Ender has been inclined to resist that confidence. I have a little concern that this may reflect a case of "trying to keep the box open", so to speak, and that is something I have observed from mafia with decent frequency over the last couple of years. As my own game has shifted more and more in the direction of pure POE and I have found success in that journey, the necessary mafia resistance is to stall the formation of "town cores".

I will acknowledge that Ender has provided a few town reads himself, however, including on me. That's what I referenced previously. So in this case, if my concern is valid, it would be more centered on Ender's resistance to Rondo town reads.

~~~

Conclusion

This at least allows me to express what's in my head with respect to Ender. I don't think this ISO looks "bad" holistically, but there are some things here worth discussing that Ender can speak of as he desires. If I could summarize my perspective: Ender is doing things and the things are okay. The things don't quite inspire the confidence for me that some others on the roster have inspired to this point.
Hey Jay, why do you emphasise the townread on you as being a mitigating factor when I also have expressed a townread on Rondo?

Why do you think that my resistance to you is offset by that townread when it doesn't do the same for Rondo?
Not sure I fully understand what you are saying here. But yes
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
I'm not dumb I just don't know things.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

EnderWiggin wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:15 pm [VOTE: Falcon] aubergine

I just remembered thanks to Rondo that I disliked Falcon's Creature push.
Happy to help\
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

EnderWiggin wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:16 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:15 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:31 pm *Scribbles down notes*

I believe this is wise.

[VOTE: EnderWiggin] aubergine
more words as to why?

Ender hasn't been particularly engaged in this game but he isnt full wolf range yet. Do you have anything you have to point at specifically that I have missed?
Do you wolf read me on my engagement?
I go into it later... ok, fine. GTH I have you as a sliiiight town lean. But your recent "disquieted" talk worries me a bit. But that could just be normal Ender. I came into this game not wanting to tinfoil so hard so I am trying to go against my better nature and goosefraba a bit
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
EnderWiggin
Made Man
Posts in topic: 339
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by EnderWiggin »

Seanzie wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:34 pm
EnderWiggin wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:33 pm
Seanzie wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:32 pm
EnderWiggin wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:25 pm
Seanzie wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:24 pm [VOTE: Enderwiggin] aubergine

I kind of don't believe his "something feels off" spiel. For someone who has been "tugging at his clothes", he didn't really seem to have given much recent thought to the two current wagons. I have a hard time thinking someone would have that gamestate read and not be wondering about if the current vote tally is on the right track or not.
I don't believe your questioning line so we can be even stevens.
What questioning line?
The line of questioning that lead you to believe I wasn't actually disquieted
If it helps, I didn't believe you were disquieted before I asked you anything.
See that just matches with my belief.

That being said you admitting it might be a better look than I gave credit for.

Stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill

Vote Falcon with me <3
We can only trust the truth. Everything else is a lie.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

EnderWiggin wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:30 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:28 pm
EnderWiggin wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:25 pm I am at a level of disquiet and don't know how to functionally put that in thread.
more words please
words words words words words words
Hahah, Genuinely got a laugh out loud on that one
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:37 pm

I believe this is wise.

more words as to why?

Ender hasn't been particularly engaged in this game but he isnt full wolf range yet. Do you have anything you have to point at specifically that I have missed?
I go into it later... ok, fine. GTH I have you as a sliiiight town lean. But your recent "disquieted" talk worries me a bit. But that could just be normal Ender. I came into this game not wanting to tinfoil so hard so I am trying to go against my better nature and goosefraba a bit
I was asking about your process not your current read on me lol
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 217
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

EnderWiggin wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:39 pm
Seanzie wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:34 pm
EnderWiggin wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:33 pm
Seanzie wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:32 pm
EnderWiggin wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:25 pm
Seanzie wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:24 pm [VOTE: Enderwiggin] aubergine

I kind of don't believe his "something feels off" spiel. For someone who has been "tugging at his clothes", he didn't really seem to have given much recent thought to the two current wagons. I have a hard time thinking someone would have that gamestate read and not be wondering about if the current vote tally is on the right track or not.
I don't believe your questioning line so we can be even stevens.
What questioning line?
The line of questioning that lead you to believe I wasn't actually disquieted
If it helps, I didn't believe you were disquieted before I asked you anything.
See that just matches with my belief.

That being said you admitting it might be a better look than I gave credit for.

Stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill

Vote Falcon with me <3
I'm happy with where my vote is right now.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

NateTheLesser
The Mark
Posts in topic: 334
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by NateTheLesser »

I'm around and catching up, I see some pings so I'll start there.

A few miscellaneous marbles that have been rolling around in my head in the meantime (these are just from memory, I can go back and find actual postnums if needed):

@JaggedJimmyJay - In your early post about things we should keep in mind for town success, was that just drawn from spectating this season or have you also played mountainous setups before?
Also I noticed that your "town leader" thread presence seemed to dip after Mac showed up (in my perception, anyway). Was that intentional, or am I just reading something into the vagaries of like, when people can be active in thread?

If Lucy's a wolf, I think she could be with Mac (but I don't think Lucy's a wolf). If Lucy's not a wolf, it's interesting to me that Seanzie picked her to focus on in Mac's list of town leans. @Seanzie - what was your thought process behind making sure Mac knew that Lucy had extensive discord mafia experience? (I also think it's interesting that Rondo +1'd Seanzie's fear that Lucy was being cleared too easily).

@lucy - Pretty early in Mac's thread entry, he said something in reply to you about your wolf partners, implying that you're a wolf. It seemed possibly like a reaction test to me, but there was no reaction. Did you see it at the time? He went on to townread you pretty soon after that so maybe it wasn't relevant anymore.

@MacDougall - How much have you played with Falcon? You seemed to vibe with my unease there, just wondering how much that's based on.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

EnderWiggin wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:39 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:37 pm

I believe this is wise.

more words as to why?

I was asking about your process not your current read on me lol
Oh well, egg on my face.

I thought I explained it here
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:24 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:30 pm EnderWiggin ISO

Ender has been a read in flux for me, so I wanted to take a closer look. Click spoiler for wall.

EnderWiggin wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:15 pm I refuse to scumhunt on D0 so enjoy me sitting around memeing and pocketing Rondo

Shrug. Sometimes I feel this way about Day 0 (hunting is apart from the original purpose of Day 0, but people do it anyway), so I don't really hold this against Ender as long as things kick into gear by Day 1. I'm just marking it here for the sake of context.

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:31 pm Day 0 has been a pleasant period of introductions and light reading. That’s healthy. Day 1 fast approaches, however, and I would love to solve the game as expediently as possible.

General query to everyone in the thread: how do you feel when I label lucy, Boq, and Seanzie town? Who else should I label town? We need seven, mmkay.
EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:36 pm I don't entirely like it.
EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:37 pm
lucy wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:37 pm
speak now or forever hold your peace
Can I hold it softly or just like, really hug it hard?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:38 pm I am absolutely fascinated, EnderWiggin. Oh my god. My juices are flowing. I'm sure you'll expand when you're ready in the near future.

EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:46 pm

Wolves, albeit usually not ones of your caliber, have tended to over-exaggerate when someone pinpoints a partner.

That being said, the reason I said "Half" is because I half would expect you to be too experienced to fall for a simpler ploy like that, and you read as mildly sarcastic in your response to me.

But I didn't want to give you that out if you hadn't.

I extracted this full series of posts, as they serve as the first especially game-relevant content Ender had to offer. My initial reaction to this was a positive one. I thought Ender's suggested that I seemed sarcastic read authentically (and I can see how my standard goofball posting can come off as sarcasm). His replies became a bit more flippant, which fits a perception of being subjected to sarcasm. Perhaps that ought to be tempered, because authentically perceiving sarcasm doesn't necessarily preclude the mafia alignment.

EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:49 pm Hey Nate.

Can I get you to take a look at JJJ's three clears and gimme your opinion on them?
EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:06 pm What do you like about Boq or Lucy specifically? Is Seanzie slipping your radar or you just don't think his posts are AI?

A little inquisitiveness never hurt. It led to meaningful content from Nate so that's fine.

EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:21 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:17 pm
EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:07 pm I have turned into one of those "But how do you really feel" players.

How.
How we feel is important, Ender. Never be afraid to ask how we feel. :bighug:
How sweet.

But tbh I've already been called out for it:
I don't actually sus your list, I just wanted to see what happened if I insinuated I did.

I think I mostly like Boq/JJJ a s my little town.

I'm wary of trusting Lucy because tone doesn't do a lot for me from chattier players and I don't think she'll struggle with that, my reservation is held until I see her talk about reads.

Falcon is rand but more rand!town so I'll agree with that.

I hold my thoughts on Seanzie.

Rondo is mildly in his townsphere but that's tentative and early so don't trust it.

The previous exchange being relegated to "reaction test" is a bit of a wet fish. The rest of this post is a bit more important to me though for a reason I will share shortly.

EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:37 pm
Boquise wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:21 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:19 pm
Alison wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:18 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:15 pm

It is a thing she has done :shrug:. I dont really care too much because I knew it was coming and it makes me happy
Why would someone attacking you make you happy?
Because I am a giant troll and love when I can elicit an emotional reaction from people. Ala, you entering thread and insta voting me. Its predictability is food for the soul. It just makes me happy
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Townie schadenfreude, perhaps.jpeg tbh
It is entirely NAI for Rondo. Rondo is best read on how he positions his wagons and what sus he pushes rather than the trolling he does.
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:48 pm
lucy wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:46 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:45 pm I’m a little concerned about the potential for toxicity. We should avoid using language like “X hates the way I play”. If you have that perception, @RondoDimBuckle, we can and should talk about it. Let’s just be mindful please and thank you
yeah this message is 100% ai indicative, if a stands for age
no way, a mod is a mod, wolf or not
EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:54 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:50 pm
Boquise wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:49 pm

That's fair tbh
JJJ is a null for me right now tbh
I have him as firmly town fwiw.
I want to be clear:
I also have JJJ as town.

I was just saying that "Is he town-leadering" isn't a good approach.
EnderWiggin wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:33 am
Alison wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:17 am The way I see this game is fairly simple.

Mac and JJJ are both playing to their obvious town power town selves. I think they are very likely just town but even if they are I suspect they are townsiding for now because they are bringing down a lot of unnecessary bad attention if they shove blatantly bad reads down our throat here. So either way their reads are probably going to be good D1.

I am likely going to prioritize hammering on the reads we have in our Venn diagram overlap as those are the most likely to be hits. If we don't get pelts after a bit it will be obvious something is rotten.

As mentioned earlier, I find Boquise, Wilgy and Lucy townie in addition to JJJ and Mac. I am hands off Rondo for now in deference to Mac's read. Nate feels like someone a little out of their depth but trying to do the best he can to be part of the solving which I think is a pretty okay place to be in.

Seanzie has been ~fine. He started off a little weaker than usual but his ISO of me was decent. I wouldn't put him in my town squad but I don't really have interest in a Seanzie exe today.

I interpreted Ender's cryptic approach to Seanzie earlier as a way to fish for reactions with him like he did with JJJ but he hasn't really followed through on that promise which leaves me wondering why he did it. I am also unnerved by how hands-off he is with Rondo, who he knows well and even gave advice on how to read. It's weird that me and Mac have a stronger read on Rondo than the guy who knows him the best.

Loosely, I have a POE pool of Falcon, Creature and Ender. The afks remain null, maybe bump Dizzy a bit higher since he is more shameless about lurking when he is town and feels obligated to try a bit harder as scum.
The fact that I know him best and am not making a read should tell y'all to be more careful.

I actually do think Mac is right for now but Mac's confidence is very strong. I can tell you 100% that Rondo could fake this D1 as wolf, with the caveat that he hasn't wolfed in forum yet and I know he's not 100% confident he can do the same level of fakery first try.

But that being said he's very capable of it irl so benefit of the doubt means I'm wary to trust anything I'm not confident is town indicative of him.

These are the posts that I think caused the initial dissonance leading eventually to me reviewing this ISO in the first place. There's a theme here: Rondo and I are both receiving town reads, sometimes of high confidence, from various sources -- and Ender has been inclined to resist that confidence. I have a little concern that this may reflect a case of "trying to keep the box open", so to speak, and that is something I have observed from mafia with decent frequency over the last couple of years. As my own game has shifted more and more in the direction of pure POE and I have found success in that journey, the necessary mafia resistance is to stall the formation of "town cores".

I will acknowledge that Ender has provided a few town reads himself, however, including on me. That's what I referenced previously. So in this case, if my concern is valid, it would be more centered on Ender's resistance to Rondo town reads.

~~~

Conclusion

This at least allows me to express what's in my head with respect to Ender. I don't think this ISO looks "bad" holistically, but there are some things here worth discussing that Ender can speak of as he desires. If I could summarize my perspective: Ender is doing things and the things are okay. The things don't quite inspire the confidence for me that some others on the roster have inspired to this point.
Let me just step in here after that massive wall post and say. If Ender had just stepped out and given me a free hall pass to townie. I would have snap voted him to oblivion. He is either walking the line of not calling me town and not calling me wolf as a wolf or he is town and he is keeping me in check. Either way I would not say Enders actions towards me have been AI towards wolf. We are at this point in time, failing out saves.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

NateTheLesser wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:42 pm Image

A few miscellaneous marbles that have been rolling around in my head in the meantime (these are just from memory, I can go back and find actual postnums if needed):

@JaggedJimmyJay - In your early post about things we should keep in mind for town success, was that just drawn from spectating this season or have you also played mountainous setups before?
Also I noticed that your "town leader" thread presence seemed to dip after Mac showed up (in my perception, anyway). Was that intentional, or am I just reading something into the vagaries of like, when people can be active in thread?

If Lucy's a wolf, I think she could be with Mac (but I don't think Lucy's a wolf). If Lucy's not a wolf, it's interesting to me that Seanzie picked her to focus on in Mac's list of town leans. @Seanzie - what was your thought process behind making sure Mac knew that Lucy had extensive discord mafia experience? (I also think it's interesting that Rondo +1'd Seanzie's fear that Lucy was being cleared too easily).

@lucy - Pretty early in Mac's thread entry, he said something in reply to you about your wolf partners, implying that you're a wolf. It seemed possibly like a reaction test to me, but there was no reaction. Did you see it at the time? He went on to townread you pretty soon after that so maybe it wasn't relevant anymore.

@MacDougall - How much have you played with Falcon? You seemed to vibe with my unease there, just wondering how much that's based on.
I thought I had caught Lucy in a slip but it was just us miscommunicating. We have resolved to not be enemies at least for now.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

I had thought Lucy was new to mafia for a good part of the early game. Something Mac did made me think that maybe he had misread in the same way as me, so I let him know. I don't think I feared Lucy being cleared to easily; I think she is fine thus far. Instead, I think it is important for everyone to be playing with correct information so they can make the best decisions they can and to avoid misunderstandings that arise from misinformation.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

NateTheLesser
The Mark

Post by NateTheLesser »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:38 am
NateTheLesser wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:40 am Doing this for now
[VOTE: falcon] aubergine

Maybe a weird read. But the one game I have with him he was more pure shitpost-y and difficult for me to get a read either way on. Here it's "shitpost-y" interspersed with like actual reads, which is throwing me off.
This is def a weird read, given you're using meta when I've played exactly 1 game with you
It's the thin gruel of day 1, yes.
robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by robyn »

I gauged his tone to be intentionally fallacious and somewhat black and white, leading me to believe he wasn't actually thinking what he said was true and he was baiting someone. he ended up saying his reaction/read towards me was "exaggerated" and intentionally getting a response out of Seanzie
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Seanzie wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:48 pm

I had thought Lucy was new to mafia for a good part of the early game. Something Mac did made me think that maybe he had misread in the same way as me, so I let him know. I don't think I feared Lucy being cleared to easily; I think she is fine thus far. Instead, I think it is important for everyone to be playing with correct information so they can make the best decisions they can and to avoid misunderstandings that arise from misinformation.
Oh, I misread part of your initial post which made me not respond to something I should have.

As far as why I asked Mac about Lucy specifically was because Mac said something like "Everyone here has done something that I'd expect of them if they were town", and listed a bunch of people that I know Mac knows well, and then Lucy, which I thought it was very likely that Mac had never played with Lucy since I kinda doubt Mac plays discord games and I don't think he was in Champs. So Mac saying Lucy had done something he'd expect Lucy to do as if he had meta on Lucy raised a red flag in my brain.

RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:47 pm

I thought I had caught Lucy in a slip but it was just us miscommunicating. We have resolved to not be enemies at least for now.
Also I note here that you didnt tag me even though you talk about me but took the time to tag other people. Oversight or choice?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Seanzie wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:51 pm

Oh, I misread part of your initial post which made me not respond to something I should have.

As far as why I asked Mac about Lucy specifically was because Mac said something like "Everyone here has done something that I'd expect of them if they were town", and listed a bunch of people that I know Mac knows well, and then Lucy, which I thought it was very likely that Mac had never played with Lucy since I kinda doubt Mac plays discord games and I don't think he was in Champs. So Mac saying Lucy had done something he'd expect Lucy to do as if he had meta on Lucy raised a red flag in my brain.
This is a good point, Did Mac talk about it? I might have missed it

if not @MacDougall
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

do you think mac's read is reasonable, and are/would you make the same read concerning me?
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

lucy wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:55 pm

do you think mac's read is reasonable, and are/would you make the same read concerning me?
Which read? The initial one when he thought this was your second-ever mafia game? Yeah if this was your second ever mafia game, you'd be IC at this point. However, that was based on false info.

If you want my opinion on some other read of Mac's, you'll have to quote it or something so I know what you're asking about.

NateTheLesser
The Mark

Post by NateTheLesser »

Yeah, it's a good thought (what expectations would he have for someone he doesn't know).
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 77

Post by falcon45ca »

EnderWiggin wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:20 pm
Seanzie wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:18 pm
EnderWiggin wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:17 pm
Seanzie wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:16 pm
EnderWiggin wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:14 pm
Seanzie wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:12 pm
EnderWiggin wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:59 pm So I'm just disquieted. It's like wearing a set of clothes and feeling like they just don't fit properly even though they do. Keep tugging at them, because you can't take them off now you're out in public.

All you can do is tug.
How do you feel about the two people holding wagons right now; Creature and Falcon?
I thought one of them was wolf and I should stick to that tbh.

Who's your top 5 "People to yeet" rn Seanzie?
Can you explain a bit more? "one of them is wolf" isn't much of a take.

I will answer you after you give a satisfactory answer to me. You haven't yet this game, and I don't give to those who only take.
Explicitly I wolfread Falcon rn.

The "I thought one of them was wolf" was referencing that I was voting for one earlier in Falcon.

I wasn't saying "It's w/v"

I'm saying "Damn I sus Falcon."
Why?

And what about creature?
Creature is a !rand read for me on D1 because he hates engaging.

The push on him mildly makes me wonder if he's just the LHF vote for today tho.

I sus Falcon because his reaction to pressure and his direction was mildly lacklustre, especially since it feels like he just LHF defaulted for his push once there was a wagon on him.
That's a ridiculous reason to SR me, and you know it
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:55 pm

if not @MacDougall
Yes, I believe Mac thought it was Lucy's second game ever, as is kinda explained in the other post you spoilered there.

RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Seanzie wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:01 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:55 pm

if not @MacDougall
Yes, I believe Mac thought it was Lucy's second game ever, as is kinda explained in the other post you spoilered there.
Ah my bad.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 77

Post by falcon45ca »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:10 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:54 am Nate, Sean, Marmot

83% chance of at least 1 scum in that lil' group
Care to explain my guy. I will cash in one of my townie points if it helps
It's D1, I'm vibing right now.

I'm curious how these reads will shake out when I'm in spoilers
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Seanzie wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:58 pm
lucy wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:55 pm

Which read? The initial one when he thought this was your second-ever mafia game? Yeah if this was your second ever mafia game, you'd be IC at this point. However, that was based on false info.

If you want my opinion on some other read of Mac's, you'll have to quote it or something so I know what you're asking about.
my bad, I was confusing Mac and jay for this would be response
NateTheLesser
The Mark

Post by NateTheLesser »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:53 pm

Also I note here that you didnt tag me even though you talk about me but took the time to tag other people. Oversight or choice?
I think I just tagged the people I had direct questions for so they'd see it, and I didn't really have a question for you, just an observation.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 572
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I see a few folks have tagged me. I’m on mobile and out, so bear with me while I loosely respond with tags instead of quoting things and trimming.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

NateTheLesser wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:07 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:53 pm

I think I just tagged the people I had direct questions for so they'd see it, and I didn't really have a question for you, just an observation.
Could you let me know where your head is at in terms of reads? I know you did some bucket sorting at some point, but it has been a while and I feel like a lot has happened, so I'm curious where your head is at now.

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:11 pm I see a few folks have tagged me. I’m on mobile and out, so bear with me while I loosely respond with tags instead of quoting things and trimming.
Is the scum team you/Creature/Ender?

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@EnderWiggin

My impression is that your town read of me is/has been a more solid, constant thing than your read on Rondo. You said at one point that we should be mindful that you weren’t giving a Rondo read given your experience with him. Is this impression accurate?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Seanzie wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:12 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:11 pm I see a few folks have tagged me. I’m on mobile and out, so bear with me while I loosely respond with tags instead of quoting things and trimming.
No

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:13 pm
No
Damn, I really thought I was on to something. Back to the drawing board I suppose.

RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

@EnderWiggin Can you please say "I am human"?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:13 pm @EnderWiggin

My impression is that your town read of me is/has been a more solid, constant thing than your read on Rondo. You said at one point that we should be mindful that you weren’t giving a Rondo read given your experience with him. Is this impression accurate?
I guess that's the way it has been expressed in thread but no, I wouldn't say that's accurate to my current state.

But fair enough.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@RondoDimBuckle

You asked why I had you on the town side of my POE sort. You’re a bit of an odd duck, and I mean that in an endearing sense. That means you’re hard to follow, but you’re still absolutely everywhere in this game thread. I don’t think players similar to your archetype in this game tend to flip mafia very often.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:15 pm @EnderWiggin Can you please say "I am human"?
LMAO.
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 432

Post by Creature »

[VOTE: NateTheLesser] aubergine
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@NateTheLesser

I have played a small number of mountainous games. My initial call to town for mountainous preparedness was mostly inspired by spectating champs (indeed my playing the game at all is also inspired by that). I am broadly known as a balancing nut as a host too, however, and I am always pretty conscious of how a game is balanced and what it will take to overcome imbalance.

As for your question about leadership: I dunno. I am here as ever before. Perhaps the rest of the game has accelerated around me, so in a sense that has lessened my perceived “dominance”. That’s an arrogant word, but you know what I mean. Mac’s involvement has definitely added gas to the game.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Creature wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:17 pm [VOTE: NateTheLesser] aubergine
Do you take issue with any specific Nate posts or Nate reads

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Alison
Posts in topic: 347
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Boquise wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:57 am Another reason to make an unpopular town read/town reading a fellow "weirdo" is that it causes waves in the thread tbh!

If Rando is town, I am potentially stealing a misyeet from scum. If Rando is scum, I might make him sweet up to me, lower his guard, and it can prompt other town to figure him out!
I can respect that.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

EnderWiggin wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:07 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:12 am Mac’s entry into this game might be his most inspired in five years. Town read.
Honestly? That's more wolf indicative of him than when he goes all limp and lazy.
I don't think that's true. I've seen some wolf games where he didn't have much energy, and I can think of a lot of town games where he brought a lot of energy to the table.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@EnderWiggin if you do town read Rondo to whatever degree, and your reasoning doesn't entirely align with the broader perspectives that you have resisted -- could you describe what you do like?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Alison

Post by Alison »

EnderWiggin wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:33 am The fact that I know him best and am not making a read should tell y'all to be more careful.

You phrase this like Rondo has towntelled. You agree with Mac's townread of him but caution that he could fake it - which means that there is something to fake. What is the towntell you're referring to?
Alison

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:34 am I'm now 99% sure Boq is town.
I feel good about Boq too. His approach to reading Rondo was thoughtful, even if I didn't agree with it. He still feels unpartnered and like he's working alone.
Alison

Post by Alison »

fingersplints wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:28 am I consistently fall into the category of townie feeling forced to post day 1 despite not having solid suspicions. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, but I really admire all of you who are able to come up with this stuff right away for sake of discussion. Takes me days to get into a game.
Just make up some BS reads and pretend you believe in it. I do it all the time. You can always reverse them if it turns out they're bad, but sometimes people will respond to them in a way that gives you clues about their real alignment.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Seanzie wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:14 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:13 pm
No
Damn, I really thought I was on to something. Back to the drawing board I suppose.
No

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I don't know if anyone will get that joke but I laughed :goofp:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:36 pm I don't know if anyone will get that joke but I laughed :goofp:
Was it because I said "no" to two of Falcon's posts back-to-back earlier when he suggested one of us is a wolf?

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

yes that's the joke good job

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Alison

Post by Alison »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:34 am I am considering the exchanges between DrWilgy and Mac, and I have a vague concern.

The overall message of Wilgy’s read on Mac seems to slant positive. Indeed, my impression of that read is: Mac looks town except for his suspicion of me. There’s a resistance to rattling cages in that — one could argue Mac’s cage is being rattled, but only in response to receiving rattling from him. If Wilgy is mafia, here’s the rough translation:

Mac is town, too town for me to fully attack, but I have to at least do something about his correct read on me

I’m not sure I view the hedging as authentic
That's one interpretation, sure. Another is "Mac has been townie, but I'm bothered by his bad read on me - he's usually better than this as town". What about Wilgy's behavior makes you interpret it the first way rather than the second?
Alison

Post by Alison »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:05 am If I had to provide a GTH sorting of the game by a seven-player POE, this is about where I'd fall right now:

Alison
Boquise
lucy
MacDougall
RondoDimBuckle
Seanzie
NateTheLesser

---[POE LINE]---

Creature
DrWilgy
Dyslexicon
EnderWiggin
falcon45ca
fingersplints
Marmot

Names within groups aren't ordered. Not every name above the line is a confident one (e.g., Nate is an undeveloped read, but I give him the gut read nod). EnderWiggin is another challenge that I could stand to develop with an ISO.
Swap Wilgy for Rondo and this is a good reflection of where I stand right now.

Return to “Previous Hustles”