Who put Boquise on ice?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:00 pm

Creature
No votes
fingersplints
15%
RondoDimBuckle
8%
Final 3 (dead, host, mod, non-player option)
77%

Total votes: 13
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 69

Re: Halvøsen Ridge [DAY 1]

Post by DrWilgy »

Boquise wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:39 am
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:48 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:43 am
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:41 am Ah! An interesting conundrum! *Sits up from study and lifts paper to light*

Seanzie, can be scum in this scenario. When given the opportunity to expand thinking, a joke reply was given not even considering alternatives to the action of voting me.

EnderWiggin I do not have enough data on, this can be either way.

*Brings the paper back down and stands up, beginning to pace around his study*

Macdougall however intrigues me the most here. I do believe that Mac has a good read on me, but is either wrong or is wolf. I do wonder if town Mac pushes on me in effort to solve, but the fervor I see does not seem to indicate that this is in fact fishing. Yes, Mac who is good at reading me, I do not feel would commit this hard to a scum read on me at this point. This is potentially Scum Mac. I will review in the morning as it is time for the doctor to get some well deserved rest.

My studies on Jay the all consuming will continue tomorrow.

*Turns off the lights and exits stage left*
So do you think that town Mac should be townreading you for your play prior to this post? If so can you show me the parts where you've towntold to a degree where you'd expect me to notice?
I do not, but I do believe that town Mac would allow for more data before gauging someone he has a track record of reading correctly.

That is what's throwing me off. Your conclusion was drawn far more quickly than I'd expect.

However, the gusto I feel from your posts is in line to how I perceive town Mac. It is quite the contradiction.

Do you, Mac, feel as if your ability to read me has shifted at all in the past year? If so, do you feel it has improved or declined?
Maybe Mac plays differently here, but my expectation of town Mac is that he creates reads by tunnelling a player and looking at what ripples that causes in the thread. Basically going in with a machine gun and "100% sure someone is scum". So your first sentence doesn't really vibe with my experience tbh
The error here is that Mac doesn't bull fake reads and if he does, he will often give up the act shortly. For the tunnel to exist, his read had to at least exist in partial.

Unfortunately for us, in further reading his posts so far, I think he's town, just, well, as the kids would say, "a dingus" in regards to his read on me.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 77

Post by falcon45ca »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:44 am @NateTheLesser I scanned falcon’s posts with your view in mind. I’m not sure that I emerge with a strong impression either way. I could issue one gripe, and @falcon45ca can talk about this:

That initial dig that Sean and I were dancing around each other looks a bit cooked. A couple of introductory town leans portrayed as something sinister is pretty token — particularly given that falcon acknowledged later that I am Mr. Town Reads. My prompts for expansion were shatposted.
Ah hahahaha, I'm on mobile now, but I'll quote the posts when I'm able. You both were dancing around your TRs, with just a wee bit of "but maybe/could be"
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 549
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Boquise wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:42 am
Marmot wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:41 am
Boquise wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:39 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:05 am If I had to provide a GTH sorting of the game by a seven-player POE, this is about where I'd fall right now:

Alison
Boquise
lucy
MacDougall
RondoDimBuckle
Seanzie
NateTheLesser

---[POE LINE]---

Creature
DrWilgy
Dyslexicon
EnderWiggin
falcon45ca
fingersplints
Marmot

Names within groups aren't ordered. Not every name above the line is a confident one (e.g., Nate is an undeveloped read, but I give him the gut read nod). EnderWiggin is another challenge that I could stand to develop with an ISO.
I think Nate sounds similar to his G1 play tbh
We pretty much have the same poe!
I'm so glad the band could get together for a game of mafia!

Now I wish @Master Radishes were here.
Where's your jazz marmot tho
Right back at you cuz

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 135

Post by MacDougall »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:44 am
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:41 am Ah! An interesting conundrum! *Sits up from study and lifts paper to light*

Seanzie, can be scum in this scenario. When given the opportunity to expand thinking, a joke reply was given not even considering alternatives to the action of voting me.

Macdougall however intrigues me the most here. I do believe that Mac has a good read on me, but is either wrong or is wolf. I do wonder if town Mac pushes on me in effort to solve, but the fervor I see does not seem to indicate that this is in fact fishing. Yes, Mac who is good at reading me, I do not feel would commit this hard to a scum read on me at this point. This is potentially Scum Mac. I will review in the morning as it is time for the doctor to get some well deserved rest.

So do you think that town Mac should be townreading you for your play prior to this post? If so can you show me the parts where you've towntold to a degree where you'd expect me to notice?
I do not, but I do believe that town Mac would allow for more data before gauging someone he has a track record of reading correctly.

That is what's throwing me off. Your conclusion was drawn far more quickly than I'd expect.

However, the gusto I feel from your posts is in line to how I perceive town Mac. It is quite the contradiction.

Do you, Mac, feel as if your ability to read me has shifted at all in the past year? If so, do you feel it has improved or declined?
Maybe Mac plays differently here, but my expectation of town Mac is that he creates reads by tunnelling a player and looking at what ripples that causes in the thread. Basically going in with a machine gun and "100% sure someone is scum". So your first sentence doesn't really vibe with my experience tbh
The error here is that Mac doesn't bull fake reads and if he does, he will often give up the act shortly. For the tunnel to exist, his read had to at least exist in partial.

Unfortunately for us, in further reading his posts so far, I think he's town, just, well, as the kids would say, "a dingus" in regards to his read on me.
I don't understand why you go to such an extent to call me a dingus for scumreading you here? What purpose does it serve?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Alison wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:42 am

Why bring up Ender if you don't have anything to say about him?
*Points to a list of people labeled "The 3 that I've seen vote me"*
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
falcon45ca

Re: Halvøsen Ridge [DAY 0]

Post by falcon45ca »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:52 am
falcon45ca wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:59 pm Alison looks towny, JJJ looks towny

Sean's a wolf
This post is scummy for Falcon... these reads are agenda laden regardless of what Alison and Jay's alignment is (can be t/w or t/t).
falcon45ca wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:07 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:00 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:59 pm Alison looks towny, JJJ looks towny

Sean's a wolf
why why why
It's how I'm reading your playstyle, your vibes.

t's the approach Alison has, her posting has a questioning solvey method, that doesn't feel like it's pushing an agenda. You have a similar feel, like you're working on solving the game.

Sean feels...stiff, awkward.
words... that mean nothing

What really did it was his spree of just asking aimless questions of why people had the reads they had that I can already see he has no intent in following up on lol.

eg., town Falcon doesn't give a shit about why EnderWiggin would vote Fingersplints lol.
Are you making your current read on my slot based on your predictions of my future actions?

That's not how you Frolf yo
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Boquise
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 714
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by Boquise »

I think Mac has played pleasant in this game, no need to name call tbh
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I glanced at DrWilgy's ISO and have a firm townread there.

I glanced at falcon's too and don't have a firm townread, but I'm not ready to call him scum yet. I'll probably defer to Mac's read since he's so consistent at reading him.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I also don't think a team of DrWilgy and falcon would both attempt to simultaneously scumread a town!Mac (in this gamestate).

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Boquise wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:51 am

I think Mac has played pleasant in this game, no need to name call tbh
These two have a long history together fwiw.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I have to go to work, bbl

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:34 am I am considering the exchanges between DrWilgy and Mac, and I have a vague concern.

The overall message of Wilgy’s read on Mac seems to slant positive. Indeed, my impression of that read is: Mac looks town except for his suspicion of me. There’s a resistance to rattling cages in that — one could argue Mac’s cage is being rattled, but only in response to receiving rattling from him. If Wilgy is mafia, here’s the rough translation:

Mac is town, too town for me to fully attack, but I have to at least do something about his correct read on me

I’m not sure I view the hedging as authentic
My friend, when have I ever done this as wolf? If I go after towncore as wolf It's all or nothing, but a half baked turd placed down to shrivel and die.

Especially d1, wouldn't I be more inclined to just give the TR and move on to a LHF?

This read is bad.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:48 am

I don't understand why you go to such an extent to call me a dingus for scumreading you here? What purpose does it serve?
Just a means of saying you are wrong. Perhaps my use of young folk language came off too hard. I hope you are well aware of my love and admiration of you Mac.
Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Marmot wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:57 am I also don't think a team of DrWilgy and falcon would both attempt to simultaneously scumread a town!Mac (in this gamestate).
yes they would and have done
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:09 am
Marmot wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:57 am I also don't think a team of DrWilgy and falcon would both attempt to simultaneously scumread a town!Mac (in this gamestate).
This would in fact, be very funny.
Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:09 am

Just a means of saying you are wrong. Perhaps my use of young folk language came off too hard. I hope you are well aware of my love and admiration of you Mac.
Lol idc about the insult. I just find it weird that you are going on the attack over it. Like me making an incorrect read is nothing but meh. You're putting more emphasis on it than I feel it would deserve if it were just plain wrong.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:10 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:09 am
This would in fact, be very funny.
You and Falcon have wolfed together in a game before against me I am sure. And I am sure that you both went after me at some point in it lol.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 572
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@DrWilgy I have no idea when you have or have not done that exact thing as mafia. That is more specific than I am going to get with a meta read. Is Mac in the “town core”?
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:11 am

Lol idc about the insult. I just find it weird that you are going on the attack over it. Like me making an incorrect read is nothing but meh. You're putting more emphasis on it than I feel it would deserve if it were just plain wrong.
Because I keep wavering on you my friend. I feel as if I have failed to read you correctly for a while now, and I'm not sure why.

It is somewhat frustrating to be honest, and I expect better of my read on you, so do forgive the passion I put into solving your slot this game.
Image Image Image
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Seanzie wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:37 pm I know it is only day 0 and I know I've not actually seen Jay as scum, but kinda okay calling Jay town right now and not worrying about it for at least like 20 minutes or so.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:41 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:40 pm It is a read.
Werd. What gives me away, Seanzie?
Seanzie wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:46 pm
I mean, your general approach is helpful, and even though I kinda think you'd do that as either alignment as it would be expected of you, I'll still give marginal townpoints to people townsiding early on even if it is in their wolf range, but your approach to (and around) Lucy looks good, in particular this post:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:17 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:13 pm I play casually every game, even when I Should be competitive. What about you? You seem to be taking this PREEETY serious
Does lucy taking the game PREEETY serious mean something to you?
Something about the combination of snideness, curiosity and pushing the game forward in this post is enough that town bells rang in my head.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:47 pm Thanks for the answer, Seanzie. No immediate gripes.
All of this sticks out to me as a difference check between JJJ & Sean. Sean gives him a TR, that's hedged w/ "but he'd do it regardless of alignment", and JJJ is cool with that....it reeks, somebody isn't playing w/ straight dice
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:15 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:11 am

Because I keep wavering on you my friend. I feel as if I have failed to read you correctly for a while now, and I'm not sure why.

It is somewhat frustrating to be honest, and I expect better of my read on you, so do forgive the passion I put into solving your slot this game.
Oh yeah I forgot about the part where I'm not an inno child lol.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:16 am
Seanzie wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:37 pm I know it is only day 0 and I know I've not actually seen Jay as scum, but kinda okay calling Jay town right now and not worrying about it for at least like 20 minutes or so.
I mean, your general approach is helpful, and even though I kinda think you'd do that as either alignment as it would be expected of you, I'll still give marginal townpoints to people townsiding early on even if it is in their wolf range, but your approach to (and around) Lucy looks good, in particular this post:
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:13 pm I play casually every game, even when I Should be competitive. What about you? You seem to be taking this PREEETY serious
Something about the combination of snideness, curiosity and pushing the game forward in this post is enough that town bells rang in my head.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:47 pm Thanks for the answer, Seanzie. No immediate gripes.
All of this sticks out to me as a difference check between JJJ & Sean. Sean gives him a TR, that's hedged w/ "but he'd do it regardless of alignment", and JJJ is cool with that....it reeks, somebody isn't playing w/ straight dice
interesting you frame it this way and not just outright sus of seanzie given your already stated townread on Jay and scumread on Seanzie?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:13 am @DrWilgy I have no idea when you have or have not done that exact thing as mafia. That is more specific than I am going to get with a meta read. Is Mac in the “town core”?
It appears so.

Even if it is just a 2 person core from what I've seen of the thread so far and trying to exclude my own bias. Other potential core members who are being read as town potentially include Boc, you, maybe Alison. It is early but I see it developing.
Image Image Image
EnderWiggin
Made Man
Posts in topic: 339
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by EnderWiggin »

[VOTE: Seanzie] aubergine

Hm.
We can only trust the truth. Everything else is a lie.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Where did I say I'm SR Mac?

Hmmmmmm
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Watch me flip from voting Falcon to voting with Falcon.

Tis my latest magic trick.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@falcon45ca I don’t understand how you’re getting from A (those reads from Seanzie and I) to B (difference check).
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:15 am
EnderWiggin wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:07 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:12 am Mac’s entry into this game might be his most inspired in five years. Town read.
Honestly? That's more wolf indicative of him than when he goes all limp and lazy.
Is that your current read on Mac?
Idk it's kinda weak and I'm poking things.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@EnderWiggin how would you say you normally operate in terms of getting and sharing town reads

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:19 am
interesting you frame it this way and not just outright sus of seanzie given your already stated townread on Jay and scumread on Seanzie?
Yeah, I don't think they're both wolves, & JJJ has done other things I find more in line with his town play.

What does your world look like when I'm town? You've already admitted you had an immediate scum vibe off me, have you considered you're confbiasing?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:26 am @falcon45ca I don’t understand how you’re getting from A (those reads from Seanzie and I) to B (difference check).
That's OK, I'd wager you see the game from my perspective approx 42% of the time
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 217
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:07 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:34 am I am considering the exchanges between DrWilgy and Mac, and I have a vague concern.

The overall message of Wilgy’s read on Mac seems to slant positive. Indeed, my impression of that read is: Mac looks town except for his suspicion of me. There’s a resistance to rattling cages in that — one could argue Mac’s cage is being rattled, but only in response to receiving rattling from him. If Wilgy is mafia, here’s the rough translation:

Mac is town, too town for me to fully attack, but I have to at least do something about his correct read on me

I’m not sure I view the hedging as authentic
My friend, when have I ever done this as wolf? If I go after towncore as wolf It's all or nothing, but a half baked turd placed down to shrivel and die.

Especially d1, wouldn't I be more inclined to just give the TR and move on to a LHF?

This read is bad.
You seem significantly more reactionary and defensive than I have ever seen you. Do you feel you are being this way, and if so what do you attribute it to?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:29 am @EnderWiggin how would you say you normally operate in terms of getting and sharing town reads
I tend to play loosely early on until I gain some sort of confidence in the reads.

There's a few cases of me having very confident townreads early but I'm just not able to grasp anyone solidly on the town side this game.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:31 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:26 am @falcon45ca I don’t understand how you’re getting from A (those reads from Seanzie and I) to B (difference check).
That's OK, I'd wager you see the game from my perspective approx 42% of the time
If you make a case for Seanzie I will listen.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 217
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

Marmot wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:39 am
Seanzie wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:33 am
Marmot wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:24 am
Seanzie wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:18 am
Marmot wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:12 am I have one complaint about seanzie thus far and that's a lack of transparent townreads, but I find him kinda townie aside from that.
Serious question: Do you believe the average number of townreads/game I give over all days in all my town games is above or below 4?
I don't have any belief about how many townreads/game to expect from you, but I'm basing it more around what I like to see from players in general, and that is townreads along with scumreads.

Tbh, despite the number of times I've played with you, I don't feel like I have a good grasp on your playstyle possibly because it doesn't happen frequently. But when I do picture you playing mafia, I always picture you in an armchair.
Hmm... I suppose we haven't played many games together lately.

In that case if it is a general read rather than Seanzie-specific, what about me sticks out in terms of the number of townreads? Do you believe I have contributed the fewest overall, or was it some other criteria that caused you to focus on me?

My approach to today, I won't have time to read the first 1000 posts of this game, so I plan to read from this point forward, and dive into ISOs for earlier content when I can. You'd posted recently, so you were one of the first on my ISO list. Glancing through your ISO, the thing I am concerned by is that you've noted a number of reasons to suspect other players, but little reason to trust/TR anyone, which could be an attempt to keep any sort of towncore from happening. Would you consider that your playstyle? Are there players that you townread at this point? Did I miss seeing those in your ISO?
I think the way you phrased it is a bit leading/misleading. I am a scumhunter more than a townhunter, so while I am happy to contribute to the general PoE when I can, I mostly focus on who we should chop every day. trying to say this "keeps a towncore from happening" is a bit shallow of a take IMO. I feel like you should know this about me, as we have played quite a few games together, even if not for a while.

I feel okay about some players, mostly people who are consensus townreads though. Yes, I have given many "not a concern right now" reads, you must have missed those.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

NateTheLesser wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:40 am Doing this for now
[VOTE: falcon] aubergine

Maybe a weird read. But the one game I have with him he was more pure shitpost-y and difficult for me to get a read either way on. Here it's "shitpost-y" interspersed with like actual reads, which is throwing me off.
This is def a weird read, given you're using meta when I've played exactly 1 game with you
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:33 am
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:31 am
If you make a case for Seanzie I will listen.
I know you would, you're a pretty swell guy.

I'm also not the type of player to build cases per se, they just happen when they happen. Most of my reads come thru w/ my spartan posting style, and you've read my stance on Sean. It's not changed
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:29 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:19 am
Yeah, I don't think they're both wolves, & JJJ has done other things I find more in line with his town play.

What does your world look like when I'm town? You've already admitted you had an immediate scum vibe off me, have you considered you're confbiasing?
Mmm dunno son.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Nate, Sean, Marmot

83% chance of at least 1 scum in that lil' group
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:54 am Nate, Sean, Marmot

🤨

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Marmot wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:00 am
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:54 am Nate, Sean, Marmot

🤨
What, you don't like my math?

I'm a Mathlete yo....tho I've been banned from international competition for taking PED's
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 432

Post by Creature »

Did anything happen?
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 432

Post by Creature »

Is falcon a wagon because he's wolfy or just POE?
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 198

Post by fingersplints »

I’ve been burned by this kind of logic before
Gro-oo-ovy
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

fingersplints wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:26 am
I feel that a comment like this from anyone else I'd call wolfy.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

EnderWiggin wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:11 am
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:13 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:04 am Nah ur reads are bogus lol.
And you are either of the ten fools or a wolf.

Your read indicates one while behavior hits at the other, I'll place you orange.
I also agree DrWilgy's reads seem pulled out of a hat.

Which makes it worse that I agree with a lot of them.
I've shared more since the post about my reads you quoted. What are your thoughts on me and my studies?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Marmot wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:53 am I glanced at DrWilgy's ISO and have a firm townread there.
Tell me all about Doctor Will G. please

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:33 am
But not from splints?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:47 am
EnderWiggin wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:11 am
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:13 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:04 am Nah ur reads are bogus lol.
And you are either of the ten fools or a wolf.

Your read indicates one while behavior hits at the other, I'll place you orange.
I also agree DrWilgy's reads seem pulled out of a hat.

Which makes it worse that I agree with a lot of them.
I've shared more since the post about my reads you quoted. What are your thoughts on me and my studies?
I'm slowly deciding I don't want to vote there rn.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:57 am
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:33 am
But not from splints?
Specifically. I expect worries and expression of worries from town splints.

Does this make them town? Not really, but it does give me a slight lean and I thought it warranted pointing out.
Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Hustles”