Who put Boquise on ice?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:00 pm

Creature
No votes
fingersplints
15%
RondoDimBuckle
8%
Final 3 (dead, host, mod, non-player option)
77%

Total votes: 13
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 432

Re: Halvøsen Ridge [DAY 0]

Post by Creature »

Is this gonna be a game where players don't play just because they expect someone else to do all the work?
EnderWiggin
Made Man
Posts in topic: 339
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by EnderWiggin »

Hey Nate.

Can I get you to take a look at JJJ's three clears and gimme your opinion on them?
We can only trust the truth. Everything else is a lie.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 572
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:46 pm Wolves, albeit usually not ones of your caliber, have tended to over-exaggerate when someone pinpoints a partner.

That being said, the reason I said "Half" is because I half would expect you to be too experienced to fall for a simpler ploy like that, and you read as mildly sarcastic in your response to me.

But I didn't want to give you that out if you hadn't.
Okay.

To be clear, I intended no sarcasm. I exaggerated, because I am a silly boy, but I am interested in your perspective.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by robyn »

Alison wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:45 pm
lucy wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:42 pm
Alison wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:41 pm
lucy wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:07 pm i got warned about this lobby lol, do you reckon it’ll be a casual or very competitive game?
"Warned" is an odd choice of words to use. Who "warned" you about this lobby and why?
Lag, because of player strength, and that this is my second forum mafia game
Generally people are excited to play in stacked lists. I'm curious about your framing of it as a warning, a negative thing. Was there anything specific you or Lag were concerned or afraid about?
excited is quoting me, I was paraphrasing lag. i was framing it as competition where for me personally that specific framing has positive connotations due to the lack of competition I normally face in games/school and whatnot. one concern i had was pulling wolf, thankfully I didn't cause then this lobby would become a burden compared to an asset
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 347
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

I can tell Lucy is a Discord mafia player just by reading her posts.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
RondoDimBuckle
Posts in topic: 680
Preferred Pronouns: Rondo/RondoDimBuckle
Aka: Rondo

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

NateTheLesser wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:48 pm
Boquise wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:12 pm
lucy wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:48 pm does pretty much everyone in this lobby know one another?
I am essentially playing with a large sum of players I am supposed to give my "expert" opinion on lmao
Is this the part where we try to get in your good graces? Because I've heard you're a scholar, a gentleman, and a fine judge of horses.
You should never judge a horse in the mouth. Or so I am told the saying goes.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
I'm not dumb I just don't know things.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

That felt like an authentic little exchange from Ender
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Creature wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:49 pm Is this gonna be a game where players don't play just because they expect someone else to do all the work?
I am just waiting for Mac to show up
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

lucy wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:50 pm
lucy wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:07 pm i got warned about this lobby lol, do you reckon it’ll be a casual or very competitive game?
"Warned" is an odd choice of words to use. Who "warned" you about this lobby and why?
Generally people are excited to play in stacked lists. I'm curious about your framing of it as a warning, a negative thing. Was there anything specific you or Lag were concerned or afraid about?
excited is quoting me, I was paraphrasing lag. i was framing it as competition where for me personally that specific framing has positive connotations due to the lack of competition I normally face in games/school and whatnot. one concern i had was pulling wolf, thankfully I didn't cause then this lobby would become a burden compared to an asset
Okay.

What's your most confident read at this moment?
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Alison wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:50 pm I can tell Lucy is a Discord mafia player just by reading her posts.
correct
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Alison wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:52 pm
lucy wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:50 pm
Okay.

What's your most confident read at this moment?
I don't make reads this early
Alison

Post by Alison »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:06 pm lucy
Boquise
Seanzie

decent squad for Day 0. everybody get in my squad. show me your vip squad passes
I have 0 people I'd consider clear enough to call them part of my squad - I have a light townread on Falcon and that's mostly it. You have three.

What are you seeing that I don't?
Alison

Post by Alison »

lucy wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:24 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:20 pm
lucy wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:16 pm how old are ya seanzie?
32, and you?
18, ur posts give me jokey vibes but I've spoken to enough old people to where specific age effects the tone your posts convey which is important
I think I like this post more than any other I've seen in the thread.
Alison

Post by Alison »

lucy wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:57 pm
lucy wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:56 pm A few things I wanna say before we get started for those of you who don’t know. Champs, particularly in qualifiers is incredibly scumsided. The current stats are 54 wolf wins to 19 town wins for qualifiers. Not only that but from what I know there has only ever been one town sweep in qualifier game for champs, and my goal is for us to be the second . Few things I’ve picked up from that game and previous champs games this year that I think might be important for us to incorporate and areas where I picked up previous towns went wrong

-This point may already be obvious to some but : the most important thing you can do as a villager is make yourself an obvious villager. The last town that swept was led by Jjj/spf and they encouraged a playstyle that focussed heavily on finding other townies first before hunting for wolves and the best way to facilitate that is by making yourself an obvious townie and taking yourself out of the miselimination pool and working with open communication to find other townies. Champs by nature encourages a glory hunting playstyle where people want to be the one who catches wolves before everyone and be the one to bury wolves but the most successful towns have always been the ones that focussed more on working with each other and finding other townies before trying to bury wolves. If we can all do our part to raise the bar of towniness wolves will eventually out themselves and either be forced to push obvious townies and further out themselves, bus each other or just give up and lolcat.

- if the game starts too feel too easy it probably means there’s something wrong. The stats don’t lie, this is favored for wolves which means it’s not supposed to be easy for us. People often go for the easiest/least accountable votes on d1 but keep in mind wolves have teammates and I’ve rarely seen wolves bus hard d1 in champs. So if the entire lobby is dogpiling on one or two slots d1 don’t get complacent because we could be way off.
im plagiarizing Illario/happy, who was a wolf in my game, but I found this advice pretty good nonetheless
I bet he added in the second part after the Champs Practice game.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Alison wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:54 pm
Boquise
Seanzie

decent squad for Day 0. everybody get in my squad. show me your vip squad passes
I have 0 people I'd consider clear enough to call them part of my squad - I have a light townread on Falcon and that's mostly it. You have three.

"Clear" is a strong word. I wouldn't call anyone in the game "clear". Those three reflect the earliest blossoms of town reads for me, however, and that meets my Day 0 standard. Lucy, for example, has fallen into an archetype that has, in my experience, proven to be a quite reliable town tell (not infallible, but plenty solid). She is a new player to forum Mafia, and she is in a new environment filled with strangers who carry reputations in their wake, and she still strikes me as comfortable, engaged, and motivated. She appears ready to try to make her mark on the game, and it has been pretty rare for me to see that kind of attitude in the past from mafia-aligned players in circumstances like hers.

Whaddya like about Captain Falcon?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Alison

Post by Alison »

Boquise wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:33 pm Regarding the "not say your wolf leans on D0" thing I asked Creature about. I mentioned that there are some reasons and given Creature has now replied, I will say mine.

Scum reads tend to make people defensive/emotional. Since D0 seems to be jokish, I reckon it could from one perspective ruin the "chill phase" and from another perspective, give scum hints on how to act accordingly.

I am not really pro hiding thoughts, but I think it is better to focus on town reads. I did have a dude on my ol' homesite who was great at sniffing out scum in our N1 phases tho (we had N1 starting before D1 and open night chat for everyone) by just looking at how players acted, if they were nervous etc.

Creature's response is lol and creature-esque. I'm not really satisfied, but it is D0 so!
Making people defensive and emotional is a good way of both finding and executing scum.
NateTheLesser
The Mark
Posts in topic: 334
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by NateTheLesser »

EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:49 pm Hey Nate.

Can I get you to take a look at JJJ's three clears and gimme your opinion on them?
Sure. Is Seanzie the one you're balking at? Boq and Lucy I feel good about so far, Seanzie I don't have a lean on either way. So if you and JJJ are reading him differently that'll be interesting. (And if I'm wrong and it's not Seanzie you're thinking of, then we probably disagree on Boq or Lucy, which is interesting in a different way).
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

What do you like about Boq or Lucy specifically? Is Seanzie slipping your radar or you just don't think his posts are AI?
Alison

Post by Alison »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:00 pm
Boquise
Seanzie

"Clear" is a strong word. I wouldn't call anyone in the game "clear". Those three reflect the earliest blossoms of town reads for me, however, and that meets my Day 0 standard. Lucy, for example, has fallen into an archetype that has, in my experience, proven to be a quite reliable town tell (not infallible, but plenty solid). She is a new player to forum Mafia, and she is in a new environment filled with strangers who carry reputations in their wake, and she still strikes me as comfortable, engaged, and motivated. She appears ready to try to make her mark on the game, and it has been pretty rare for me to see that kind of attitude in the past from mafia-aligned players in circumstances like hers.

Whaddya like about Captain Falcon?
I've played with a lot of players who come from chat mafia - they are almost always chatty and comfortable in that chattiness, regardless of alignment. I think the fact that Lucy is refusing to make reads and is just talking about TV shows means that I'd expect her to be comfortable even if she was a wolf.

I townread her for a post she made afterwards where she asked Seanzie about his age. I think her worrying about adjusting her perspective on his tone based on his age was a sincere thought, and it's not something that many people, especially forum mafia newbies, would think to fake. It reflects a desire to get things right, which I guess is sorta close to what you said about her wanting to make a mark. I'm with you on Lucy right now.

What about Boquise and Seanzie? I'm not familiar with Boquise, but he hasn't done anything that jumps out as me as town, and Seanzie if anything is being slightly less proddy and pokey than he usually is.

Re: falcon, I think if he was mafia and said the line about there being one wolf between you and Seanzie, it would have been intentionally made to throw shade on you - but he backs off it relatively quickly and plays it off as a joke, which suggests he isn't really interested in pushing that narrative. Nothing out of the realm of fakeability, but it's enough for a townlean on page 2.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

I have turned into one of those "But how do you really feel" players.

How.
Alison

Post by Alison »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:49 pm Just so I am clear, with all this talk of Champs and stuff. I havent accidentally entered a champs game have I?

Pretty sure I havent, just need to make sure because its early and you're all doing my head in with this champs talk
Sometimes I wonder how much of your posting is a joke and how much isn't.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Alison wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:08 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:49 pm Just so I am clear, with all this talk of Champs and stuff. I havent accidentally entered a champs game have I?

Pretty sure I havent, just need to make sure because its early and you're all doing my head in with this champs talk
Just assume every post of his is a joke and you should be fine 90% of the time.

(For legal purposes, this is a joke post.)
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 77

Post by falcon45ca »

Boquise wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:22 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:57 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:55 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:54 pm JJJ and Sean doing a cute lil' dance around each other here.

69% chance one of em' is Maf
Please tell me more, falcon. Tell me everything.
OK, but it'll cost ya.

If you're good at something, never do it for free
You're quite more jokish than in your quali. Albeit i have only D1 so far tbh

Are you feeling more relaxed or something? Considering this isn't a high stakes game tbh
I am quite relaxed, tho you have me at a disadvantage...do I know you under a different name?
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

Ender just to be clear do you actually scumread one of Jay's townreads or was it just a reaction test?
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Alison wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:11 pm Ender just to be clear do you actually scumread one of Jay's townreads or was it just a reaction test?
Don't look at the man behind the curtain.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:07 pm I have turned into one of those "But how do you really feel" players.

How.
How old are you? I just want to make sure I am reading you right
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:12 pm
Alison wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:11 pm Ender just to be clear do you actually scumread one of Jay's townreads or was it just a reaction test?
Don't look at the man behind the curtain.
:noble:
Alison

Post by Alison »

If I had to pick someone to vote right now it would be Rondo.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:12 pm
EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:07 pm I have turned into one of those "But how do you really feel" players.

How.
How old are you? I just want to make sure I am reading you right
Just passed my 9th century.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

The universal constant:
Alison voting Rondo.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Alison wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:08 pm

That was a serious question. I dont know how these things work. Then after I posted it I remembered Ender telling me they were invite so it looks dumb but I just forget things
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Champs isn't even run on this site you nonce.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Alison wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:13 pm If I had to pick someone to vote right now it would be Rondo.
You know, I KNEW going into this game you would focus me. This is going to be fun. HAHAHAH
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Alison wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:07 pm I've played with a lot of players who come from chat mafia - they are almost always chatty and comfortable in that chattiness, regardless of alignment. I think the fact that Lucy is refusing to make reads and is just talking about TV shows means that I'd expect her to be comfortable even if she was a wolf.

I townread her for a post she made afterwards where she asked Seanzie about his age. I think her worrying about adjusting her perspective on his tone based on his age was a sincere thought, and it's not something that many people, especially forum mafia newbies, would think to fake. It reflects a desire to get things right, which I guess is sorta close to what you said about her wanting to make a mark. I'm with you on Lucy right now.
Fair enough.

It's plausible that a player like lucy enters the forum experience with an inherently broad "range", a la the EpicMafia crew. We seem to agree where it counts.
Alison wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:07 pmWhat about Boquise and Seanzie? I'm not familiar with Boquise, but he hasn't done anything that jumps out as me as town, and Seanzie if anything is being slightly less proddy and pokey than he usually is.
My read on Boquise is deeply spiritual. I gleaned it from the garnet crystal I keep next to my bed. Boq and I have a somewhat unique experience to draw from, and it's a single game (champs, season 7, semifinal 3). Boq had less than a good time in that game, and it kind of became a standard bearer for him as a descriptor of his "town self-worth". Just given what happened in that game and the conversations I have had with Boq since, I have a decently developed mental concept of what town Boq ought to look like in our next game. And I think he is starting this one in decent alignment with that mental concept. He seeks to put his turbulence behind him and solve the cot-damned game. At least that's my initial impression.

I don't have quite as much to say about Seanzie. I have a playing personality that I associate with him (I might describe it as assertive inquisitor), and in that character he has looked generally similar so far here to other town versions of him I have seen. If I made a big pretty rainbow list, perhaps Seanzie's green is a bit duller than lucy's or Boq's.
Alison wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:07 pmRe: falcon, I think if he was mafia and said the line about there being one wolf between you and Seanzie, it would have been intentionally made to throw shade on you - but he backs off it relatively quickly and plays it off as a joke, which suggests he isn't really interested in pushing that narrative. Nothing out of the realm of fakeability, but it's enough for a townlean on page 2.
Cool beans. I am not sure that I agree with the premise, but before I go arguing I will think about it and see falcon's play develop.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:15 pm Champs isn't even run on this site you nonce.
See I dont know these things! Now I do
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

How.
How we feel is important, Ender. Never be afraid to ask how we feel. :bighug:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Alison

Post by Alison »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:16 pm
Alison wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:13 pm If I had to pick someone to vote right now it would be Rondo.
You know, I KNEW going into this game you would focus me. This is going to be fun. HAHAHAH
I put down a phantom vote on you less than 10 pages into the game.

Does that feel like being focused to you?
Alison

Post by Alison »

@boquise How good would you say JJJ is at reading you?
Alison

Post by Alison »

I used to know how to ping people on this site. @Boquise
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Alison wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:18 pm

No but your opening is exactly how I expected it to be, I called it early and I like being right.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:17 pm

How.
How sweet.

But tbh I've already been called out for it:
I don't actually sus your list, I just wanted to see what happened if I insinuated I did.

I think I mostly like Boq/JJJ a s my little town.

I'm wary of trusting Lucy because tone doesn't do a lot for me from chattier players and I don't think she'll struggle with that, my reservation is held until I see her talk about reads.

Falcon is rand but more rand!town so I'll agree with that.

I hold my thoughts on Seanzie.

Rondo is mildly in his townsphere but that's tentative and early so don't trust it.
Alison

Post by Alison »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:20 pm

No but your opening is exactly how I expected it to be, I called it early and I like being right.
Where did you call it?
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

He said it to me when he saw the player list lol.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:21 pm

How.
How sweet.

I don't actually sus your list, I just wanted to see what happened if I insinuated I did.

I'm wary of trusting Lucy because tone doesn't do a lot for me from chattier players and I don't think she'll struggle with that, my reservation is held until I see her talk about reads.

Rondo is mildly in his townsphere but that's tentative and early so don't trust it.
how does a trust fall sound?
Alison

Post by Alison »

EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:22 pm He said it to me when he saw the player list lol.
I didn't notice him calling it anywhere in the thread so I was wondering if he said it in the mafia chat and slipped that he did lol.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Alison wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:07 pm I've played with a lot of players who come from chat mafia - they are almost always chatty and comfortable in that chattiness, regardless of alignment. I think the fact that Lucy is refusing to make reads and is just talking about TV shows means that I'd expect her to be comfortable even if she was a wolf.

Fair enough.

It's plausible that a player like lucy enters the forum experience with an inherently broad "range", a la the EpicMafia crew. We seem to agree where it counts.
Alison wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:07 pmWhat about Boquise and Seanzie? I'm not familiar with Boquise, but he hasn't done anything that jumps out as me as town, and Seanzie if anything is being slightly less proddy and pokey than he usually is.
My read on Boquise is deeply spiritual. I gleaned it from the garnet crystal I keep next to my bed. Boq and I have a somewhat unique experience to draw from, and it's a single game (champs, season 7, semifinal 3). Boq had less than a good time in that game, and it kind of became a standard bearer for him as a descriptor of his "town self-worth". Just given what happened in that game and the conversations I have had with Boq since, I have a decently developed mental concept of what town Boq ought to look like in our next game. And I think he is starting this one in decent alignment with that mental concept. He seeks to put his turbulence behind him and solve the cot-damned game. At least that's my initial impression.

I don't have quite as much to say about Seanzie. I have a playing personality that I associate with him (I might describe it as assertive inquisitor), and in that character he has looked generally similar so far here to other town versions of him I have seen. If I made a big pretty rainbow list, perhaps Seanzie's green is a bit duller than lucy's or Boq's.
Alison wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:07 pmRe: falcon, I think if he was mafia and said the line about there being one wolf between you and Seanzie, it would have been intentionally made to throw shade on you - but he backs off it relatively quickly and plays it off as a joke, which suggests he isn't really interested in pushing that narrative. Nothing out of the realm of fakeability, but it's enough for a townlean on page 2.
Cool beans. I am not sure that I agree with the premise, but before I go arguing I will think about it and see falcon's play develop.
I have tried reading this four or five times and every time I start I cant be bothered finishing it. Ear marked for later
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:21 pm

How.
How sweet.

Smart man :think:
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 77

Post by falcon45ca »

Boquise
Seanzie

JJJ often has early TRs, no? Is it the fact he has TRs, or the players he's TRing?

Is your TR on my slot based off just the one post you quoted, or is there something more?
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:22 pm He said it to me when he saw the player list lol.
Alison wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:21 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:20 pm

Where did you call it?
This. I was going to open the game by asking you "Should we get this over quickly?" and vote myself but the RULES say I CANT
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

falcon45ca wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:25 pm
Boquise
Seanzie

JJJ often has early TRs, no? Is it the fact he has TRs, or the players he's TRing?

Is your TR on my slot based off just the one post you quoted, or is there something more?
The fact that he has three in a gamestate that I found difficult to parse/extract easy reads from.

I explain my townread on you later on, keep reading.

Return to “Previous Hustles”