Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 540

Re: Ducktales Woo-oo D2

Post by Dyslexicon »

Lag wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:03 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:59 pm
Spoiler: show
hollowkatt wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:51 pm here's where I'm currently at for townies:

dizzy
lc
mizery
seanzie
hollowkatt wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:43 pm
Lag wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:40 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:36 pm
Lag wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:33 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:29 pm

Why does Mizery feel like mafia to you?
The read is probably not accurate because Mizery was in the same game as me and I'm pretty sure we were both prioritizing that game at least 10x more since it was an invitational with a stacked playerlist. But when Mizery's ISO is devoid of any real content she's just >>rand wolf. Her ISO is devoid of content.

Although I have a very good record of reading Mizery, so I'm confident I'll be able to read her today if we get the chance to interact.
why do you feel like her ISO is devoid of content?
It's almost exclusively fluff posts + lists of names with no explanations.
Town Illwei has significantly more depth of thought than that. Wolf Illwei is prone to doing just that.
god dammit lag stop doing things
I think my only experience with illwei wolf was in the hydra game we were wolves together and yeah that tracks pretty accurately.
hollowkatt wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:23 pm
Lag wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:02 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:43 pm god dammit lag stop doing things

Also what do you mean by this?
because I was quite content to town read mizery and then you had to go and blow it all up.
Here's some of HK's progression on Mizery. He town reads her pretty fast in the beginning.
However, when Lag questions her on D2, he looks quite content to build up under that suspicion. He says that Lag's account for Mizery's wolf play tracks accurately with this game. And the sentence "because I was quite content to town read mizery and then you had to go and blow it all up." just doesn't read like something you would say if you had tmi that she was mafia.

The whole thing just reads like a TMI read of Mizery as town based on little, but being happy when she is suspected.
Counterpoint: Glomgold would actually not mind being a solo wolf in order to take ownership of the night kill and bussing along the way gets him the towncred he needs to survive until the end.

I'm actually coming to kind of the opposite conclusion off of this
I don't think HK would do that.

In fact, we know he didn't do that. HK had no strong suspicions or pushes at all. He bussed Falcon with a weak vote, but Falcon was already going down at that point. Yes, he could effectively bus mafia, since he knew who it was. But he didn't do that.
Also, in this situation, it's not HK potentially bussing someone. It's him egging on your suspicion. Which is different.

If he bussed, the mafia would be Jack. Cause that is the one he actually voted on D2. He didn't even have a serious vote out on D3.
Arcbell
The Mark
Posts in topic: 448
Preferred Pronouns: he/him
Aka: Object

Re: Ducktales Woo-oo D3

Post by Arcbell »

Yea I think if GG wanted to pursue a solo maf strat, they'd be sure to position themselves to take the pelt for themselves.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:23 pm Reserved for votecount
Could we get this vote count, please? :grin:
Arcbell
The Mark

Post by Arcbell »

[VOTE: srceenplay] aubergine simplicity is beauty
srceenplay
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 111

Post by srceenplay »

Arcbell wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:57 pm
srceenplay wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:56 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:48 pm
Lag wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:46 pm
srceenplay wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:30 pm someone mad about axe being universally town read?
It would be hilarious if screen made the kill thinking it frames Arcbell and made this post to plant that idea, because the kill really doesn't frame Arcbell
Actually, what did you mean by this @srceenplay
Just that. Why else would anyone get rid of him? Wasn't going to get voted out.
Maybe he was on to something.
Why do you think NAAH wasn't getting voted out?
Half of us town read him
srceenplay
Corrupt Union Official

Post by srceenplay »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:00 pm
srceenplay wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:56 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:48 pm
Lag wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:46 pm
srceenplay wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:30 pm someone mad about axe being universally town read?
It would be hilarious if screen made the kill thinking it frames Arcbell and made this post to plant that idea, because the kill really doesn't frame Arcbell
Actually, what did you mean by this @srceenplay
Just that. Why else would anyone get rid of him? Wasn't going to get voted out.
Maybe he was on to something.
He was literally almost voted out last phase.

Are you even reading the game?
Last phase didn't really read at all
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Arcbell wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:15 pm [VOTE: srceenplay] aubergine simplicity is beauty
Because of today's posts? Sitting and thinking about that right now.

The NAA kill really stands out.
So I would guess either someone who hasn't read the whole game or hasn't been paying attention (Srceen? maybe DDL - don't know how much he's read, but he seems busy?)
Someone who likes wifom for shits and giggles even though it's probably not smart (Can't really think of anyone, but Jack? but that's a stretch)
Or just Mac. But I don't think so.
Dyslexicon
<3

Re: Ducktales Woo-oo D1

Post by Dyslexicon »

hollowkatt wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:23 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:36 am
hollowkatt wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:41 pm spicy take: LC, Arcbell, and srceenplay are town
Have you played with Srceenplay before and know enough about him?
Would this be normal town play for him?

If you're saying "No" to the first question, why do you find him town?
I have played a few games with him yes. I don't have enough experience with him to know if this is "normal" town behavior, but I like these posts.
srceenplay wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:42 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:02 pm scum because of unecessary effort
FTFY
srceenplay wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:55 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:51 pm
srceenplay wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:49 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:47 pm
srceenplay wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:45 pm what one? the one you agree with or the one you don't?
The one that you're trying to make on me.
you don't see whats wrong with that?
It's wrong and it's basically trying to shut down the attempt to move the game forward, so it's scummy as hell.
where did the game stop at?
srceenplay wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:14 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:58 pm

It's wrong and it's basically trying to shut down the attempt to move the game forward, so it's scummy as hell.
Well everyone else ignored your BS after you disappeared the moment you got attention on yourself.
Then you magically reappear the moment Arcbell and I started talking about you being mafia and now you're here trying to be smart mouth with your answers.
fuck, I magically disappeared again
srceenplay wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:33 pm Maybe let other people chime in then i guess.
I feel like i'm the only one who has given information this game. If that can't be seen :shrug:
I town read attitude a lot of the time as I find wolves tend to not want to make big waves like that early in the game. Late in the game sure, set up the thunderdomes and what not but at this stage of the game srceen being a wolf and playing like this is basically forcing the other wolf to bus him for cred b/c there's no way he's escaping today yeah?

Srceen is playing super aggro, drawing attention from several players, and then using that attention to drop reads. It's something I've done as town before and something I rarely see wolves do.
hollowkatt wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:51 pm here's where I'm currently at for townies:

dizzy
lc
mizery
seanzie
Weird how HK spends a post talking about why Srceen should be town, but doesn't put him in his town reads later.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Arcbell wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:15 pm [VOTE: srceenplay] aubergine simplicity is beauty
Actually, sure

[VOTE: Srceenplay] aubergine
Arcbell
The Mark

Post by Arcbell »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:18 pm
Because of today's posts? Sitting and thinking about that right now.

The NAA kill really stands out.
So I would guess either someone who hasn't read the whole game or hasn't been paying attention (Srceen? maybe DDL - don't know how much he's read, but he seems busy?)
Someone who likes wifom for shits and giggles even though it's probably not smart (Can't really think of anyone, but Jack? but that's a stretch)
Or just Mac. But I don't think so.
Yep this is roughly the same path I walked, the first part anyways.

Also with 3mls and so many reasons to keep other people alive I don't see srceen not being one of our mls in any event

you - town overflow
jack - too town to kill early
mac - too accurate to kill early
lag - too pro-town to kill early
mizery - too funny to kill early
me - hopefully no one is reading this far down and doesn't even consider this
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Simplicity is in fact beauty. I can't believe I spent most of this game being a drama queen, when I ended D2 with pretending I had made my mind up voting HK because of his vote and Sean's read. Did the same D3. But spent more time feeling P A I N instead of just pushing that which was clearly at the forefront for me anyway.

Actually, I can believe this.
Lumi
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 361
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/they/them
Aka: Luminous

Post by Lumi »

[VOTE: Srceenplay] aubergine
Lumi
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lumi »

Screen wolf unironically explains the LC kill too
Mizery
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 434

Post by Mizery »

dizzy
lc
mizery
seanzie
Lime Coke wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:29 pm

Why does Mizery feel like mafia to you?
The read is probably not accurate because Mizery was in the same game as me and I'm pretty sure we were both prioritizing that game at least 10x more since it was an invitational with a stacked playerlist. But when Mizery's ISO is devoid of any real content she's just >>rand wolf. Her ISO is devoid of content.

Although I have a very good record of reading Mizery, so I'm confident I'll be able to read her today if we get the chance to interact.
Town Illwei has significantly more depth of thought than that. Wolf Illwei is prone to doing just that.
I think my only experience with illwei wolf was in the hydra game we were wolves together and yeah that tracks pretty accurately.

because I was quite content to town read mizery and then you had to go and blow it all up.
Here's some of HK's progression on Mizery. He town reads her pretty fast in the beginning.
However, when Lag questions her on D2, he looks quite content to build up under that suspicion. He says that Lag's account for Mizery's wolf play tracks accurately with this game. And the sentence "because I was quite content to town read mizery and then you had to go and blow it all up." just doesn't read like something you would say if you had tmi that she was mafia.

The whole thing just reads like a TMI read of Mizery as town based on little, but being happy when she is suspected.
Counterpoint: Glomgold would actually not mind being a solo wolf in order to take ownership of the night kill and bussing along the way gets him the towncred he needs to survive until the end.

if this is true then why do you think gloomgold would only bus falcon if there was anothr wolf on the waogn
Lumi
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lumi »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:10 pm

dizzy
lc
mizery
seanzie

I don't think HK would do that.

In fact, we know he didn't do that. HK had no strong suspicions or pushes at all. He bussed Falcon with a weak vote, but Falcon was already going down at that point. Yes, he could effectively bus mafia, since he knew who it was. But he didn't do that.
Also, in this situation, it's not HK potentially bussing someone. It's him egging on your suspicion. Which is different.

If he bussed, the mafia would be Jack. Cause that is the one he actually voted on D2. He didn't even have a serious vote out on D3.
Ya, okay, I buy that
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Lag wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:29 pm Screen wolf unironically explains the LC kill too
Let's hammer the last scum before Mac wakes up to make him proud of us :scared:
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

was abt to call screen a wolf for thinking naa was townread lmfao
Arcbell
The Mark

Post by Arcbell »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:26 pm Simplicity is in fact beauty.

my dearest wish in this life is to actually know how to state this fact properly 😥
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:26 pm I can't believe I spent most of this game being a drama queen, when I ended D2 with pretending I had made my mind up voting HK because of his vote and Sean's read. Did the same D3. But spent more time feeling P A I N instead of just pushing that which was clearly at the forefront for me anyway.

Actually, I can believe this.
benefit of hindsight. there is no P A I N in hindsight
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

Distraught at hk being gloomgold instead of just a goon becuase of how hard i worked at softing 3p
Lumi
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lumi »

Mizery wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:30 pm

dizzy
lc
mizery
seanzie

if this is true then why do you think gloomgold would only bus falcon if there was anothr wolf on the waogn
It's just one of many strategies he could use, I never said he only busses if the only wolf is also bussing, and considering the different angles that glomgold could have been using to approach the game is always good even if by definition all but one such angle is going to be wrong
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Arcbell wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:32 pmbenefit of hindsight. there is no P A I N in hindsight
You clearly have never played Game of Champions 2020. :noble:
Lumi
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lumi »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:35 pm
Arcbell wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:32 pmbenefit of hindsight. there is no P A I N in hindsight
Is GoC 2020 a past game on this site?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Lag wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:37 pmIs GoC 2020 a past game on this site?
Yes.

I told them. I TOLD THEM
Lumi
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lumi »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:37 pm
Yes.

I told them. I TOLD THEM
You used past perfect tense for something that should be past tense. That's kind wolfy ngl lol

But actually, what happened in that game?
Arcbell
The Mark

Post by Arcbell »

lag I think someone else asked this but is your avatar literally an undead baby wolf cheerleader?
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

Lag wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:40 pm
Yes.

I told them. I TOLD THEM
You used past perfect tense for something that should be past tense. That's kind wolfy ngl lol

Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

i love lag
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Yes.

I told them. I TOLD THEM

Well, English is my second language. I no has the grammars.

Just Alison claiming to be HARMLESS 3p at the beginning of the game.
People going, "Ok, but we'll see about that."
Town crushing it and chopping all the mafia in no time.
The game getting hard, everyone seeming super towny.

In the end, we went the rounds with mech and reads, but you had to bend spacetime to make a scum read.
I argued for chopping Alison, since she was in fact not town, and I was totally convinced everyone else was town.
Somehow, this did not happen. And Alison won alone as 3p. Town literally gave away the victory in an otherwise great game.

To be fair, we weren't told that all the mafia had been killed already, and there were surprisingly few. So it's somewhat understandable.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 441
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:16 pm @NotAnAxehole dies and flips town

Hammer is 5, eod April 19 12pm edt

@ Arcbell
@ Dragon D. Luffy
@ Dyslexicon
@ Jackofhearts2005
@ Lag
@ MacDougall
@ Mizery
@ NotAnAxehole
@ Porscha
@ srceenplay
Lol what a wifomy kill.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I'm actually kind of a grammar nerd, but only when it comes to my native language.

This is interesting to me. Cause I can tell the added "have" is a bit wonky. But I feel like it's more poetic, like it gives the impression of GoC being a thing you can do more than once. I don't know if that makes sense. Probably not.
srceenplay
Corrupt Union Official

Post by srceenplay »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:21 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:23 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:36 am
hollowkatt wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:41 pm spicy take: LC, Arcbell, and srceenplay are town
Have you played with Srceenplay before and know enough about him?
Would this be normal town play for him?

If you're saying "No" to the first question, why do you find him town?
I have played a few games with him yes. I don't have enough experience with him to know if this is "normal" town behavior, but I like these posts.
srceenplay wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:42 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:02 pm scum because of unecessary effort
FTFY
srceenplay wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:45 pm what one? the one you agree with or the one you don't?
srceenplay wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:14 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:58 pm

Well everyone else ignored your BS after you disappeared the moment you got attention on yourself.
Then you magically reappear the moment Arcbell and I started talking about you being mafia and now you're here trying to be smart mouth with your answers.
fuck, I magically disappeared again
srceenplay wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:33 pm Maybe let other people chime in then i guess.
I feel like i'm the only one who has given information this game. If that can't be seen :shrug:
I town read attitude a lot of the time as I find wolves tend to not want to make big waves like that early in the game. Late in the game sure, set up the thunderdomes and what not but at this stage of the game srceen being a wolf and playing like this is basically forcing the other wolf to bus him for cred b/c there's no way he's escaping today yeah?

Srceen is playing super aggro, drawing attention from several players, and then using that attention to drop reads. It's something I've done as town before and something I rarely see wolves do.

dizzy
lc
mizery
seanzie
Weird how HK spends a post talking about why Srceen should be town, but doesn't put him in his town reads later.
Weren't you supposed to have been lynched. How did we miss that?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

srceenplay wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:51 pmWeren't you supposed to have been lynched. How did we miss that?
You missed it because we chopped 3p instead and then we chopped mafia instead. :beer:
Lumi
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lumi »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:46 pm
Yes.

I told them. I TOLD THEM

Well, English is my second language. I no has the grammars.

Just Alison claiming to be HARMLESS 3p at the beginning of the game.
People going, "Ok, but we'll see about that."
Town crushing it and chopping all the mafia in no time.
The game getting hard, everyone seeming super towny.

In the end, we went the rounds with mech and reads, but you had to bend spacetime to make a scum read.
I argued for chopping Alison, since she was in fact not town, and I was totally convinced everyone else was town.
Somehow, this did not happen. And Alison won alone as 3p. Town literally gave away the victory in an otherwise great game.

To be fair, we weren't told that all the mafia had been killed already, and there were surprisingly few. So it's somewhat understandable.
Oof.
srceenplay
Corrupt Union Official

Post by srceenplay »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:53 pm
srceenplay wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:51 pmWeren't you supposed to have been lynched. How did we miss that?
You missed it because we chopped 3p instead and then we chopped mafia instead. :beer:
Sounds like a win for us but not a clear for you :beer:
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

I've played a game before where something like that happened, except we were told our wincon was specifically when all the mafia died, not threats, and in that case the host sismply lied to us
Lumi
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lumi »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:50 pm
I'm actually kind of a grammar nerd, but only when it comes to my native language.

This is interesting to me. Cause I can tell the added "have" is a bit wonky. But I feel like it's more poetic, like it gives the impression of GoC being a thing you can do more than once. I don't know if that makes sense. Probably not.
I was just joking around anyway, what's your native language?

And ya it does imply it's something you can do more than once, which is why I was a little bit confused since I thought it was an FM game but am not familiar enough with the site to know for sure. And it does make it more whimsical/poetic
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

srceenplay wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:56 pmSounds like a win for us but not a clear for you :beer:
Bring an accusation forward. I'm all ears.
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

[VOTE: srceenplay] aubergine

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Lag wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:43 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:47 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:41 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:37 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:31 pm Jack/Porscha doesn't look like it's a thing. Jack voted her 7 min before EoD, I followed. But I do think it's conceivable that Porscha could be run down. There was a lot of chaos during EoD.
They wouldn't know of each other's existence given that Falcon was the team mafia, yeah?
Well, yeah. Unless Jack 3p. Knowing of each other only goes one way. Though the mafia might have a good idea.
do you think the 3p would want to signal here or not? I was thinking about that in my fevered half-sleep this afternoon and couldn't come to a decision
Uhhh is this a signal?
Fucking....maybe.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Lag wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:57 pmI was just joking around anyway, what's your native language?

And ya it does imply it's something you can do more than once, which is why I was a little bit confused since I thought it was an FM game but am not familiar enough with the site to know for sure. And it does make it more whimsical/poetic
It's Norwegian.

Haha, well, then I'm happy. Cause I kind of wanted it to sound like "you've never played a GoC 2020", even though it doesn't make logical sense. =p
srceenplay
Corrupt Union Official

Post by srceenplay »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:57 pm
srceenplay wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:56 pmSounds like a win for us but not a clear for you :beer:
Bring an accusation forward. I'm all ears.
I don't have one
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

If Screenplay is a wolf, I'll have been dragged through this entire game kicking and screaming in correct townreads but incorrect wolfreads.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I thought Falcon treated Screenplay as not a wolf but it's not a surefire thing.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

srceenplay wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:00 pmI don't have one
Ok. Good talk.
Lumi
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lumi »

Arcbell wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:42 pm lag I think someone else asked this but is your avatar literally an undead baby wolf cheerleader?
Demon, not undead

His name is King from the Owl House and he's the cutest
srceenplay
Corrupt Union Official

Post by srceenplay »

I'm definitely not a wolf. I will prove it to you. After my flip.
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

srceenplay wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:02 pm I'm definitely not a wolf. I will prove it to you. After my flip.
ooooooooooooooooooooooook
srceenplay
Corrupt Union Official

Post by srceenplay »

:shrug2: If to mafia are gone that leaves 1 left.
So you are implying me last wolf big brain play comes in stirring the pot while not knowing what's going on.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

srceenplay wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:02 pm I'm definitely not a wolf. I will prove it to you. After my flip.
Is there a chance you will read the game?
srceenplay
Corrupt Union Official

Post by srceenplay »

*two

Return to “Previous Heists”