Osie's 18th Circle of Hell Game Thread - Day 4

juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Osie's 18th Circle of Hell Game Thread - Day 4

Post by juliets »

Good afternoon everyone who is playing the 18th Circle of Hell and welcome to the Syndicate!

My name is juliets and I'm an admin here at the Syndicate. My goal for you in this game is to make sure you don't unintentionally violate our Code of Conduct or Site Rules because we want you to have a great experience here! With that said, I'm going to link to our Code of Conduct and our Rules below. Note that the Code of Conduct links to a document about Respect. Please read that document as well because it explains the Code of Conduct.

At this site we have facilitator mods attached to every game we play to be an ear if you want to vent because you are frustrated or angry or any other feelings you have about the game, people in the game, etc. Our goal is to not have toxicity in the game thread as it generally ruins the experience for a lot of people. I'll serve as the facilitator mod for this game but of course Osie will be very involved in anything of a toxic nature that might occur.

If you have any questions about the COC or site rules feel free to pm me here on the site or dm me on discord at juliets#5354.

Enjoy yourselves!!!!!

Remember that the premier rules in any Syndicate Mafia game come straight from the site rules. Review those rules below, and direct any concerns you may have to the host or moderator(s) on duty.

[Link] Site Rules and Code of Conduct on The Syndicate

Also always be mindful of the culture of respect that must be maintained in all Syndicate spaces at all times, to include this game thread and any external communication spaces relating to the game. Players must be respectful to one another, to the game host, to the members of the staff overseeing the game, to the game itself by way of its rules and spirit, to the Syndicate community in general, and ideally also to themselves. Respect is never optional. See our full manifesto on our culture of respect below.

[Link] A Syndicate Mafia Culture of Respect
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
osieorb18
The Mark
Posts in topic: 11
Preferred Pronouns: Any are fine

Re: Osie's 18th Circle of Hell Game Thread - Night 3

Post by osieorb18 »

Osie's 18th Circle of Hell

A game for 24 slots hosted by Osie, Geyde, and Silviu200530.
You may assume that all Global/Site and/or Forum Game Rules apply to you in any game-related thread, chat, etc. unless the host has explcitly informed you otherwise.

Global/Site Rule
Syndicate Culture of Respect

The definition of toxicity may be loosened at times, but in general, don't be a jerk.

At 48 hour Day phases, players are expected to post at least 5 overall substantive posts per 24 hours and at least 15 overall substantive posts per 48 hours. This will be checked roughly every 24 hours.

Many of the rules of the game will be hidden at the start. The rules in this post cannot be changed or hidden.

Living Players (/in):

1. @Ruby + Trisscar + @Lemonfairy + @TiggerBane (@FoolsGold)
3. @TheLukundo
4. @Tsumugi
5. @Zone_Q11
6. @Boquise
7. @Tilgarial
8. @Millium
9. @KurosakiIchogo
10. @Whysper
11. @WindwardAway + @min (@based)
12. @NANOOK + Lag (@OwlsWriteLetters)
13. @seon + @CRichardFortressLies (@SeonRichard)
15. Dolby + Raskolnikov + @TheGoldenChumley (@TwoPlayersAndAOnion)
17. @beancat (non-invite)
18. @Solic + @Gorta (@TreeReaper, non-invite)
19. lol + dota (SonicAndKnuckles, non-invite) @FateShirou
20. @Arctic + @Vulgard (@TownMisleaders, non-invite)
21. @Daeron + @Amelia (@SkillIssue, non-invite)
22. @Leafia + @ATNoName (@ATNoLeafia, non-invite)

Dead Players:

#2. DkKoba @MathBlade - Rebel Archaeologist -> Town Maria Sekiutsu -> Town Telephone, Eliminated Day 3.
#14. @Cream + @Joker + @Lissi + @Psyx (@SpectatoChat) - Neutral Copsonistado -> Town Token, Died Night 2.
#16. @Kiiruma (non-invite) - Town Kirby -> Town Editor, Died Night 2.

Replacement (/sub):

1. @Arete
2. @ElizaThePsycho (non-invite)
3. @Chloe
4. ExLight (non-invite)
5. @Marluxion
6. MartinGG99
7. @Lemonfairy
8. @Trochilidae (non-invite)
9. @Mighty-Cannon
10. @Blizer

Spectators (/spec):

1. @astand (INFORMED)
2. @Jane (INFORMED)
3. @Lucky (INFORMED)
4. @Hally
5. @Laurentus

Checkpoint History:
Geyde
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Geyde »

Day start will be delayed by 75 minutes to account for action processing…so roughly 86 minutes from now day will start.

All action feedback will still be through the FoL forum pms
osieorb18
The Mark

Post by osieorb18 »

Revealed Hidden Rules:

#12. Prior to the game start, each slot is asked to choose another slot and one out of the three of Attack or Defend.
  • If a player and their target both pick attack, the players get a Rivals neighbour chat. They will gain rewards from successfully impeding each other throughout the game.
  • If a player picks attack and their target picks defend (or vice-versa), the Attack player gains a Rival in the form of the Defend player. The Defend player gains an Ally in the form of the Attack player.
  • If a player picks defend and their target picks defend, the players get an Allies neighbour chat. They will gain rewards from successfully assisting each other throughout the game.
  • If a player picks attack and their target picks or (or vice-versa), the Or player learns a bit about [REDACTED], or learns the name and type of their role if they have one. The Attack player gains a Rival in the form of the Or player.
  • If a player picks defend and their target picks or (or vice-versa), the Or player learns a bit about [REDACTED], or learns the name and type of their role if they have one. The Defend player gains an Ally in the form of the Or player.
  • If a player and their target both pick or, both players learn a bit about [REDACTED], or the names and types of their respective roles if they have them, and they join the ??? chat. They will gain rewards by uncovering game mechanics together as part of the ??? semifaction.
#30. Banana: Players may use one factional action, one non-factional action, and one item per phase.

#43. Banana: In the case of a tied elimination after Day 1 Start, two random players who are not voting for any of those players are eliminated. In False Start, the tie rule will be based on the most/least recent to reach that number.

#57λ. Banana: This rule will be revealed permanently when a player receives a non-48-hour Day phase.
  • At 24 hour Day phases, players are expected to post 7 posts per 24 hours. 24 hour checks.
  • At 48 hour Day phases, players are expected to post 5 posts per 24 hours and 15 posts per 48 hours. 24 hour checks.
  • At 72 hour Day phases, players are expected to post 10 posts in the first 48 hours, 5 posts in the final 24 hours, and 20 posts per 72 hours.
  • At 96 hour Day phases, players are expected to post 8 posts per 48 hours and 24 posts per 96 hours.
  • At 120 hour Day phases, players are expected to post 5 posts per 48 hours, 2 posts in the final 24 hours, and 15 posts per 120 hours.
#71. Banana: Majority requires at least 2/3rds of living players, or the total number of living players in the faction with the most living players if that number is between 1/2 and 2/3rds of players.

#97b. Banana: Alignment checks have an 4/n base chance of being incorrect, where n is the number of living players. This goes down to 2/n once 10 or fewer players remain, and 1/n once 5 or fewer players remain.

#143. Banana: On April 2nd at activity check time, if any player has yet to receive their role PM, the host calls out the living player(s) as having made it through the brawl. Each of those players receives their role PM using the priority list below. Once 24 players have been randomized this way, the rest of players are sent into uninformed spec chat.

All of this counts relevant voted-out players:
  • Up to 18 slots for most posts in first 18 invited signups with no prods so far for lack of activity.
  • Up to 4 slots for most posts in invited signups with no prods so far for lack of activity.
  • Fill out with invited signups if able.
  • Fill out with uninvited signups if necessary.
  • Everybody else goes to Uninformed Spec Chat
#147. Banana: At Activity check on April 5th, if plurality is not on Soft (33%), reveal this rule and reveal and remove the plurality rule, setting plurality to Soft (33%). All players’ phase lengths become 48/24 and deadline becomes the earliest Noon PST such that no player will have phases of less than 48/24. It becomes the same (latest) Day phase for everyone. If players don’t vote before the next end of Day, they are entered into the player roulette. X times over the course of the following Night, where X is 50%, rounded up, of the players entered into the roulette, a random player is drawn from the roulette and asked 3 quick-timed trivia questions. If they get two or more of them wrong, they die. If they get one wrong, they go back in the roulette.

#194. If a player asks politely for 1 or 2 points, they will get them. Players cannot gain more than 2 points this way.

#200. Each time a player votes for a host, plurality voting switches to the least used of the following modes. If it has shifted through all of them, it switches between Most and Least-Non-Zero.
  • “Soft” - 33% Plurality
  • “Simple” - ≥50%-Living-Voting enables Plurality
  • “Maj-at-EoD” - ≥50% of voting players is necessary to be eliminated at EoD. (Flips into <50% in Least-Non-Zero case)
  • “Plurality-Midday” - ≥50%-Living-Voting CAUSES Plurality check.
  • “Ranked” - Each player makes a list of other living players and the player with the highest spot across lists is eliminated.
#213. The 17th time any of the following words (or obvious linguistic derivatives, at host judgment) is used this game, posts which include these words do not qualify as content for the following 48 hours. The 37th time any of them is used this game, the last uncensored word on the list to be used becomes censored. Posts which include that word do not qualify as content and lead to a prod for the rest of the game.
  • Ass
  • Crap
  • Dick
  • Fuck
  • Katze
  • Orange
  • Shit
  • TWTBAW
#444. If a player votes for the same player between two Day phases in a row, the game thread switches location (See Note) at the start of the following Day. If a player is not in good standing in the location, or for any other reason, they may find a representative to play in their stead at that location. They are an imaginary friend for that representative for the duration of the time in that location. Each location other than FoL can only be accessed once.
  • FoL
  • Mafia: the Syndicate
  • Novel Updates Forum
  • [REDACTED]
#589. The second Wednesday of the game (April 13th) is "Kasparov Day". Players will each be given a non-Knight Chess Piece of their choice for their distinct (random) spot on the edge of a chess board. They may each submit a series of legal moves to get to the opposite edge of the chess board. However, if any spot on that series of moves is intersected by another player, each of those two players gets a point. The player(s) with the fewest points out of players who have submitted a series of moves each receive a reward.

#9001. The second Saturday of the game (April 16th) is “Dead Man’s Square Day”. Uninformed Dead players will be able to talk in the game thread, regardless of what phase it is.
osieorb18
The Mark

Post by osieorb18 »

Sorry about the delay; just about 45 more minutes.
osieorb18
The Mark

Post by osieorb18 »

Day 4 Start

The moon looms closer...
Nero's violin playing was actually so good that the city of Rome burnt to never hear another violin, which would just sound worse.
@FoolsGold, @Millium, and @OwlsWriteLetters would have died during the Night. BUT THEY SOMEHOW SURVIVED. They were Werewolf Ravenous Beast, Rebel False Claim Desperado, and Mafia Mooncaller.

In addition, @Zone_Q11 has been exiled and @based has returned.

Day 4 Starts now.

Sorry for the delay; human error.

Day 4 will last until 2 PM PST on April 10th.

@TheLukundo @Tsumugi @Zone_Q11 @Tilgarial @Millium @OwlsWriteLetters @TwoPlayersAndAOnion @beancat @FateShirou @SkillIssue @ATNoLeafia @TimHortons @DunkinDonuts @based @Boquise @FoolsGold @KurosakiIchogo @SeonRichard @TownMisleaders @TreeReaper @Whysper
Millium
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 205

Post by Millium »

/vote Zone
@osieorb18
Whether we live or die isn’t a big issue. If you focus on being alive, you develop fear.
Your eyes get clouded. But if you have no such feelings…
you are capable of fighting right to the end of the world.
based
Posts in topic: 51
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him (Min) She/Her (Wind)
Aka: Min + Wind

Post by based »

:wowee:
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

Of course he has been exiled,
Whether we live or die isn’t a big issue. If you focus on being alive, you develop fear.
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

@Tilgarial
Explain to me when u are removing people I dislike from the thread
based

Post by based »

that may or may not have been partly my fault (zone wanted to be exiled so I told tig to do exactly that
osieorb18
The Mark

Post by osieorb18 »

@TheLukundo @Tsumugi @Zone_Q11 @Tilgarial @Millium @OwlsWriteLetters @TwoPlayersAndAOnion @beancat @FateShirou @SkillIssue @ATNoLeafia @TimHortons @DunkinDonuts @based @Boquise @FoolsGold @KurosakiIchogo @SeonRichard @TownMisleaders @TreeReaper @Whysper

Voting Thread
beancat
Posts in topic: 17
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by beancat »

Ew I hate pages D:
And whenever I load new posts it deletes my reply
Someone please vote someone they voted yesterday to not be on this site anymore :(
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

Let's get this straight though, Zone is not town
Either he thinks he is evil, or he is actually evil, but he is not town right now

I'm sticking by that, and im want to assume wolves know who they are, but I can't really prove that yet, which I do believe the above then One is just not town aligned
TownMisleaders
Posts in topic: 75
Aka: Arctic & Vulgard

Post by TownMisleaders »

beancat wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:50 pm Ew I hate pages D:
Someone please vote someone they voted yesterday to not be on this site anymore :(
seeing as you voted on a vanity wagon yesterday, i nominate you
beancat

Post by beancat »

The site's yelling at me that my avatar's too big DDD:

I guess I'll look like a question mark for this day ):<
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

beancat wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:50 pm Ew I hate pages D:
This makes literally no sense
Anyways I complied a list of people I think are town, assuming wolves know who they are

I'm not posting it from my DM until I get home tho
based

Post by based »

just resize the photo
TownMisleaders

Post by TownMisleaders »

Millium wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:52 pm Let's get this straight though, Zone is not town
Either he thinks he is evil, or he is actually evil, but he is not town right now

I'm sticking by that, and im want to assume wolves know who they are, but I can't really prove that yet, which I do believe the above then One is just not town aligned
do you have mech or are you just a conspiracy theorist
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

Yo min and wind, when are y'all going to do something? U apparently were able to talk in an outside chat, so I would like to know what your thoughts are
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

TownMisleaders wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:54 pm
Millium wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:52 pm Let's get this straight though, Zone is not town

Do you actually have thoughts are u just going to bury everyone that claims to be mafia? I'm under the assumption this game is solvable from an analytical stand point, else I will lost my sanity

Starting with Zone who is not town
based

Post by based »

btw me and wind (at least i) am deciding to townside for now because im tired of doing nothing (and tired of not being able to do anything)

I genuinely don't know what we've said in thread or what other people said in ??? have said about us so I have no idea what lines im able to tread claimwise bc

for starters @TreeReaper did you get laundry, if so, who did you pass it to
Chihiro
The Mark
Posts in topic: 91
Aka: ChadMD

Post by Chihiro »

Def not resizing an image for a forum that wont update lol
based

Post by based »

Millium wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:55 pm Yo min and wind, when are y'all going to do something? U apparently were able to talk in an outside chat, so I would like to know what your thoughts are
I mean, can I be real with you?

We are neut, neut benign to be exact...so we've done NOTHING.
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

I also do not believe that wolves, are just targeting a bunch of people in the night killing them. Or else they wouldn't be hitting new people. I also did not shoot anyone, I couldn't find a claim from anyone I actually wanted dead, since so many people have claimed shit yet
based

Post by based »

I wanna stop being lazy so that is why im actually doing stuff right now. so yea
TownMisleaders

Post by TownMisleaders »

Millium wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:56 pm

Do you actually have thoughts are u just going to bury everyone that claims to be mafia? I'm under the assumption this game is solvable from an analytical stand point, else I will lost my sanity

bold assumption
why is zone not town
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

How about u full claim, I can't even shoot anymore since I got my true role
beancat

Post by beancat »

Millium wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:56 pm Starting with Zone who is not town
Why is zone your top scum, and not the slot that accused the Mathblade Slot to begin with?
We know that DkKoba/Mathblade was Town on both flips, when Onion accused them of being spy iirc.
Why are you mad at Zone?
Chihiro
The Mark

Post by Chihiro »

@Whysper Your the one that douses people in blood right? How come you didnt show up on my watch, my shit was on the misleaders slot but only i showed up there.

Also who is the quiz master?

They forced me to do a quiz with foolsgold hydra, thats why they died since they lost the trivia
beancat

Post by beancat »

....can someone tell me the fastest way to reply on this forum and not hit the "submit" button like 3 times
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

TownMisleaders wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:59 pm
Millium wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:56 pm

bold assumption
why is zone not town
No it's not bold it's come from a standpoint that zone has literally no idea how to deal with not being town. It's better than whatever you've been doing
TownMisleaders

Post by TownMisleaders »

beancat wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:59 pm
Why is zone your top scum, and not the slot that accused the Mathblade Slot to begin with?
We know that DkKoba/Mathblade was Town on both flips, when Onion accused them of being spy iirc.
Why are you mad at Zone?
you expect us to be scumread because we were wrong on something?
we're named the TownMisleaders for a reason
Chihiro
The Mark

Post by Chihiro »

Millium wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:59 pm How about u full claim, I can't even shoot anymore since I got my true role
what did ur alignment change to?
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

Why are you mad at Zone?
Why can't TM still be town here, is being wrong illegal?
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

Tsumugi wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:01 pm
Millium wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:59 pm How about u full claim, I can't even shoot anymore since I got my true role
what did ur alignment change to?
Mafia Token, I don't have a role, I am vanilla, with a ton of 1 shot town sided items
Dolby
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Aka: Morg, Dolbster

Post by Dolby »

Sup

We’re probably going to be less active, I think that I’m going to be the only really active head and I can’t really commit to as much activity as previously

- TwoPlayersAndAOnion
based

Post by based »

ok sure

we have a laundry basket we need passed around to everyone alive by the end of the game to win. the clothes inside the basket have funky voting modifiers in it (for me and wind, votes on us only count as 2/3rds of a vote iirc

we gave OUR basket to kiiruma, and kiiruma claimed to give it to treereaper the night before they got blasted. I have no idea if he actually received it or not lol

this forum is gonna take a bit getting used to
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

Someone ate my leg so my role wouldn't flip anyways, if it's even true, you would just see mafia "nameless"
TwoPlayersAndAOnion
Posts in topic: 28
Aka: Dolby, Rask, TGT

Re: Osie's 18th Circle of Hell Game Thread - Day 4

Post by TwoPlayersAndAOnion »

Oops wrong account sorry
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

Anyways I gotta head back to work
beancat

Post by beancat »

Millium wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:01 pm
Why are you mad at Zone?
Not sure who TM is, but I'll assume you're talking about Onion.
Onion claimed to be spy, and then claimed that DkKoba was in the faction. Zone used the argument that they wanted to kill both, and that they wanted to get rid of the useless one first.
Why does Onion have a chance to be town and Zone doesn't?
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

based wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:02 pm
ok sure

we have a laundry basket we need passed around to everyone alive by the end of the game to win. the clothes inside the basket have funky voting modifiers in it (for me and wind, votes on us only count as 2/3rds of a vote iirc

we gave OUR basket to kiiruma, and kiiruma claimed to give it to treereaper the night before they got blasted. I have no idea if he actually received it or not lol

That's ut core role?
based

Post by based »

no
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

Millium wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:04 pm
ok sure

That's ut core role?
No I'm talking TM, town Misleaders, and idk what this loaded question
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

I'm assuming Onion is town aligned either way
beancat

Post by beancat »

Millium wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:05 pm
Millium wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:04 pm
ok sure

That's ut core role?
No I'm talking TM, town Misleaders, and idk what this loaded question
....did you quote the wrong post there?
I'm questioning you about Onion, why do you feel the need to mention TM?
TwoPlayersAndAOnion
Posts in topic: 28
Aka: Dolby, Rask, TGT

Post by TwoPlayersAndAOnion »

beancat wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:04 pm
Millium wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:01 pm
Why are you mad at Zone?
Not sure who TM is, but I'll assume you're talking about Onion.
Onion claimed to be spy, and then claimed that DkKoba was in the faction. Zone used the argument that they wanted to kill both, and that they wanted to get rid of the useless one first.
Why does Onion have a chance to be town and Zone doesn't?
Did my other heads claim spy while I was gone?

Am I being trolled?
TreeReaper
Posts in topic: 43
Preferred Pronouns: N/A
Aka: Gorta + Solic

Post by TreeReaper »

It's the fact that various expletives are in a rule that prevent me from using them, but this forum change is quite ...a rule.

~Solic
based

Post by based »

can yall get icons pls, just use an online pixel resizer or something the ?'s are confusing af

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”