Mafia Syndicate Normal Game 0 - Day 5

Moderator: Community Team

Who is responsible for yo mama's demise?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:00 pm

Dragon D. Luffy
No votes
falcon45ca
No votes
G-Man
No votes
Lime Coke
No votes
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
8%
TonyStarkPrime
33%
Unvote / Other
58%

Total votes: 12
Gavial
Made Man
Posts in topic: 43

Re: Mafia Syndicate Normal Game 0 - Day 1

Post by Gavial »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:25 pm I don't like Sig's negative tone about his situation in the game (though it's 200% better than Gavial's for what it's worth).

His doubling down on tinfoiling on Nanook's rule thing makes me see good ol' town sig, though. Town Sig always has a shiny tinfoil hat.

[VOTE: Dolby] aubergine

Not having a good feeling on him overall. In TF Mafia he gave me a strong town vibe, especially early on (ofc I knew he was town, but the vibe was there). It feels like a spark is missing here.
Is this a gut wolf read? Because I’ve kinda been getting that on Dolby as well but a gut is no reason for me to go for a push or vote.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 150
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Gavial wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:32 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:25 pm I don't like Sig's negative tone about his situation in the game (though it's 200% better than Gavial's for what it's worth).

His doubling down on tinfoiling on Nanook's rule thing makes me see good ol' town sig, though. Town Sig always has a shiny tinfoil hat.

[VOTE: Dolby] aubergine

Not having a good feeling on him overall. In TF Mafia he gave me a strong town vibe, especially early on (ofc I knew he was town, but the vibe was there). It feels like a spark is missing here.
Is this a gut wolf read? Because I’ve kinda been getting that on Dolby as well but a gut is no reason for me to go for a push or vote.
I mean everything I've said so far has been 90% gut with some reasoning here and there to sprikle it. So yeah.

And I don't need a big reason to go for a push or vote. It's Day 1. The vote is its own reward.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 48

Post by G-Man »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:33 pm I think it's between sprityo, DDL and TSP for me.
Unpalatable "chop the Syndicate regulars/OG" player salad. You might as well throw my name on that list too. Why didn't you? Is it because you think I'm useful as a mischop later for my low-posting tendencies? Or do you feel I'm not worth mentioning/considering for that same reason?

DrWilgy wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:38 pm G-man's entry, while constructive, felt lacking in conclusion. Falcon maxing out posts felt bad, but what of those posts? What was drawn from them.

Gaviel's entry was far weaker than normal, but I'm unsure if that's AI. Gav went absolutely nuts in Akemi as scum. I've also seen him go absolutely nuts as town. Good shit buddy, I can't read you :')

G-Man, Sprit, DDL are all good options for D1 I feel. Everyone else gets town vibes except LC and Gav as I defined earlier.
My entry had a solid conclusion- I went to sleep. :D

I am a good D1 or D2 mischop option, but only if my demise can inject some information into the thread. I'm not sure I'm at that point yet for D1.

sig wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:14 pm
G-Man wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:09 am Upon reading the game thread, I am not impressed with the game state so far. There seems to be a fair amount of know-it-all-ism, leading to early assumptions and flimsy towncore construction. Either that or I'm still just a horrible D1 player and most of you are just fishing.

Dolby seemed constructive in his efforts. There's too much one-off posting going around, but he isn't afraid to multi-quote and build.

Falcon has almost maxed out his post count for the phase. I don't like that.

I will never be able to refer to Lime Coke as LC. Sorry.

It is good to see DDL back in the arena.
Like this post.
I like that you like me, because I generally like you too, but I haven't decided yet if we should make friendship bracelets and be each others' trust-fall partners this game.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Spoiler: show
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 84
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

TBH I think I townread G-Man mainly for agreeing on his take on the gamestate not being great so far. Yesterday had some decent amount of content but now it's at the pace of an iceberg floating in the ocean.
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 44
Preferred Pronouns: HE

Post by NotAnAxehole »

G-Man wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:13 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:33 pm I think it's between sprityo, DDL and TSP for me.
Unpalatable "chop the Syndicate regulars/OG" player salad. You might as well throw my name on that list too. Why didn't you? Is it because you think I'm useful as a mischop later for my low-posting tendencies? Or do you feel I'm not worth mentioning/considering for that same reason?

DrWilgy wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:38 pm G-man's entry, while constructive, felt lacking in conclusion. Falcon maxing out posts felt bad, but what of those posts? What was drawn from them.

Gaviel's entry was far weaker than normal, but I'm unsure if that's AI. Gav went absolutely nuts in Akemi as scum. I've also seen him go absolutely nuts as town. Good shit buddy, I can't read you :')

G-Man, Sprit, DDL are all good options for D1 I feel. Everyone else gets town vibes except LC and Gav as I defined earlier.
My entry had a solid conclusion- I went to sleep. :D

I am a good D1 or D2 mischop option, but only if my demise can inject some information into the thread. I'm not sure I'm at that point yet for D1.

sig wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:14 pm
G-Man wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:09 am Upon reading the game thread, I am not impressed with the game state so far. There seems to be a fair amount of know-it-all-ism, leading to early assumptions and flimsy towncore construction. Either that or I'm still just a horrible D1 player and most of you are just fishing.

Dolby seemed constructive in his efforts. There's too much one-off posting going around, but he isn't afraid to multi-quote and build.

Like this post.
I like that you like me, because I generally like you too, but I haven't decided yet if we should make friendship bracelets and be each others' trust-fall partners this game.
Who cares about a player's history, they are on the list you're not because I think they are higher probability mafia.
Russian Machine Never Breaks 769 #3
2022 Stats
| Overall 4-6 40% | Town 4-6 40% | Mafia 0-0 - |

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
| Overall 6-5 55% | Town 4-5 44% | Mafia 2-0 100% |
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

So, I hate being that guy, but we need 7 votes on one name to avoid an ugly "no yeet", and I'm pretty sure the poll locks at a time Americans are sleeping or just woke up.

I'm going to bed soon. You people need to start settling on names.

I wanna yeet Dolby. Gavial is cool too. Not feeling falcon rn.
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

BTW, if Falcon is mafia, TSP is always his partner.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 136

Post by falcon45ca »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:51 pm BTW, if Falcon is mafia, TSP is always his partner.
Funny, I was just thinking TSP is Maf.

His sus re: fair enough seemed opportunistic. I'm not seeing him push or develop reads...everything feels very surface level from him at this point
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

I think I'd actually go as far as saying Falcon and TSP have the same alignment.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:42 pm So, I hate being that guy, but we need 7 votes on one name to avoid an ugly "no yeet", and I'm pretty sure the poll locks at a time Americans are sleeping or just woke up.

I'm going to bed soon. You people need to start settling on names.

I wanna yeet Dolby. Gavial is cool too. Not feeling falcon rn.
Who do you feel most strongly is town rn?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Also, isn't it optimal this game to just claim PR/VT and force everyone from the group more likely to contain mafia to go over the post limit, getting themselves modkilled?

:biggrin:
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 48

Post by G-Man »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:38 am

Can you elaborate? What's the towncore you speak of?

Don't worry about my post count, I know what I'm doing...

Unscrupulous members of this game might strategically burn up their post count early so as to manipulate EOD by way of making others think twice about voting for them since they are out of posts and unable to defend themselves.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 81
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

sig wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:06 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:24 pm I don't think I've ever played a game in this site without a day zero. Feels weird.

I'm not sure how saying you read the rules is possibly AI. Feels like a trait of the individual not of an alignment.
nah It's scummy since in reading the rules and saying what he said it's an attempt to get town points.
It's an attempt to make sure we actually kill someone
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

G-Man wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:04 pm

Unscrupulous members of this game might strategically burn up their post count early so as to manipulate EOD by way of making others think twice about voting for them since they are out of posts and unable to defend themselves.
You have my permission to lynch me if you feel I'm Maf, regardless of my post count/ability to defend myself.

If I've not convinced you I'm towny by 50 posts, another 10 or so in self defense ain't gonna matter.

Also, that's 4D Maf, I'm a 1D kinda guy
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Dragon be like calling me null in his one post like a person with common sense then be calling me 3 times more wolfy then Sig in his next, then in his next next try’s to insist others to vote me without insisting or trying any means to go involve me or even any attempt to pressure.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Vote there
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Ah, I don't really see a reason to not reveal this...game away if ya don't like the play.

There are masons in this game.

I know this cuz I'm a backup Mason, I become one should one of them die

The primary masons need not reveal themselves tho, I figure the backups life is worth less
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:17 pm Ah, I don't really see a reason to not reveal this...game away if ya don't like the play.

The primary masons need not reveal themselves tho, I figure the backups life is worth less
I respect this.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Alright I’m Masons with Nanook.

Or am I just VT baiting a kill?
You chose scum!
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 84
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

🤦‍♂️
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Gavial wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:20 pm Alright I’m Masons with Nanook.

You chose scum!
:phew:

I can't wait for you to not die in the night based on this fake claim.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 66

Post by sprityo »

G-Man wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:04 pm

I actually forgot this is a racket and we have limited posting :grin: thanks Gman
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Urist
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Urist »

Post Counts

falcon45ca - 43/50 (7 left)
NotAnAxehole - 35/50 (15 left)
Dragon D. Luffy - 23/50 (27 left)
Gavial - 21/50 (29 left)
DrWilgy - 19/50 (31 left)
Lime Coke - 18/50 (32 left)
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME - 14/50 (36 left)
TonyStarkPrime - 13/50 (37 left)
sig - 11/50 (39 left)
sprityo - 11/50 (39 left)
Dolby - 5/50 (45 left)
G-Man - 4/50 (46 left)
fingersplints - 1/50 (49 left)
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 99
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

sig wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:19 pm Don't have many reads yet gonna go ahead and throw out a slight town read on Gman, wilgy, (even though it's a bit odd how series he is so early), DDL, and Gavil.

Gman is the strongest town read for sure right now just since I 100% agree wih his towncore post. :beer:

I won't vote for sprityo day 1 since he's also a common mischop.

I guess falcon and nanook are a bit meh? I do think I may have caught something with my rule reading point. :srsnod:

And while falcon did suspect me correctly last game and I called him mafia for it, I'm actually for real town, like 1000000000% no reason to suspect sig, ignore the man behind the current level town, this time which means he's actually probably mafia. :nicenod:
Tbh I forget how to read sig when we’re not wolves
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:55 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:51 pm BTW, if Falcon is mafia, TSP is always his partner.
Funny, I was just thinking TSP is Maf.

His sus re: fair enough seemed opportunistic. I'm not seeing him push or develop reads...everything feels very surface level from him at this point
;The fair enough thing was a joke to be clear, but I do agree that everything I’ve done has been surface level)
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:17 pm Ah, I don't really see a reason to not reveal this...game away if ya don't like the play.

I’m going to preemptively lol at this point with the understanding that I highly doubt there are primary masons
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Gavial wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:20 pm Alright I’m Masons with Nanook.

You chose scum!
Gavial I’ve never seen a claim I believed less and I’ve seen you claim things before
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Lol Tony
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:00 am
sig wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:19 pm Don't have many reads yet gonna go ahead and throw out a slight town read on Gman, wilgy, (even though it's a bit odd how series he is so early), DDL, and Gavil.

Gman is the strongest town read for sure right now just since I 100% agree wih his towncore post. :beer:

I guess falcon and nanook are a bit meh? I do think I may have caught something with my rule reading point. :srsnod:

And while falcon did suspect me correctly last game and I called him mafia for it, I'm actually for real town, like 1000000000% no reason to suspect sig, ignore the man behind the current level town, this time which means he's actually probably mafia. :nicenod:
Are you implying you don’t think he’s a wolf? :doh:

Dolby wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:33 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:34 pm I regretted signing up for this game from the moment I got my role PM.
believible. idk what direction it'd be ai in but believible
NotAnAxehole wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:42 pm I'm willing to immediately blast Falcon into the sun btw.
two posts and you're vibing well
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:47 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:34 pm I regretted signing up for this game from the moment I got my role PM.
You prefer playing as a townie? :smoky:
NotAnAxehole wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:42 pm I'm willing to immediately blast Falcon into the sun btw.
Same tbh

[VOTE: falcon] aubergine
Bolded: ok lmao that's funny maybe tone the TL down. That said I feel that Luffy reading into the same posts that I actually read into is a good look

P#17 from LC is decidly nonnormal
sig wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:41 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:07 pm I know you guys don't read rules or the OP
Fact you read the rules is kinda scummy tbh. :eye:
nope, my :eye: is on you
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:24 pm I don't think I've ever played a game in this site without a day zero. Feels weird.

I'm not sure how saying you read the rules is possibly AI. Feels like a trait of the individual not of an alignment.
Yeah I'm just gonna call Luffy a confidentish TL

Wilgy also v for having a absurd but believible degree of confidence
falcon45ca wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:02 pm Of the folks on my wagon, DDL looks the worst IMO
why?
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:15 pm Idt hes the same

I also told him how I caught him that game so idk that he'd come in here and do the exact same thing lol
ngl I barely read that game, how'd you catch him?

Also why are you voting me Nanook?
Lime Coke wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:24 pm I mean I saw him get warned about going after me which would lead to an OMGUS in the wolf chat, which he went for me anyways, so I don't think the dude listens to anyone.

Also probably want to kill him out of annoyance of trying to scumread a fucking intro post. Literally if you're town make better fucking reads.
ok I'm gonna townread this on the assumption that Falcon is town. I feel like there's a degree of legitimate annoyance here that there'd probably not be if LC/Falcon are w/v
Updated answer: I'm prescient
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Eod is pretty inconvenient, ill pop on right before to make sure we get majority
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Or are you trying to say that you can’t remember what sig was like when you were wolves with him before compared to this game.
But failed miserably at explaining it.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

This is directed to Tony in case you couldn’t tell after Nanook body blocked me
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:13 am Eod is pretty inconvenient, ill pop on right before to make sure we get majority
Nah man I got it you just relax. :D
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Gavial wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:12 am

I’m implying I have no idea if he’s a wolf
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Gavial wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:15 am Or are you trying to say that you can’t remember what sig was like when you were wolves with him before compared to this game.
Somehow the opposite of this
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:48 am
Gavial wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:15 am Or are you trying to say that you can’t remember what sig was like when you were wolves with him before compared to this game.
So you remember when Sig was like when you were wolves with him compared to this game yet for some reason you say “I forget how to read Sig”
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

I don’t think your implying that no.
Your lying.
Your implying something else entirely different, I already explained what you were probably trying to say.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

I don’t like TSP or Dragon RN.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

@NotAnAxehole
@Lime Coke

You guys wanna stop ninja voting me? :ninja:
It’s creepy!
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Honestly if someone goes and tells me my recent posts are wolfy I’m gonna slap them in the face with my bare hand.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Gavial wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:57 am
So you remember when Sig was like when you were wolves with him compared to this game yet for some reason you say “I forget how to read Sig”
I've given up on understanding you, you can give up on understanding me too
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Gavial wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:58 am

I don’t think your implying that no.
Your lying.
Your implying something else entirely different, I already explained what you were probably trying to say.
gavial you sound like SR in MU debate
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:11 am
Gavial wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:57 am
I've given up on understanding you, you can give up on understanding me too
No thanks, I’ll pass!
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Now mafia knows who they need to shoot next if we yeet a mason.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Gavial wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:16 pm Dragon be like calling me null in his one post like a person with common sense then be calling me 3 times more wolfy then Sig in his next, then in his next next try’s to insist others to vote me without insisting or trying any means to go involve me or even any attempt to pressure.
I didn't say you're 3 times more wolfy than Sig. I'm saying your defeatist attitude is 3 times worse. Cuz it is. Sig didn't announce he was gonna gamethrow then vote for himself.

Also you are still neutral, maybe scum leaning, but you are a solid yeet option because of that defeatist attitude.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Well the uncountered claim changes things.

Now I'm picturing Nanook yelling at Gavial in the mason chat.

@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME I feel for you bro, we will also yell at Gavial with you in spirit.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Unnecessary claims aside, it doesn't seem anything happened at all in the yeet poll while I was asleep.

This makes me disappointed and worried. But mostly worried.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

To be fair almost everytime I see a host trying to implement majority vote on a site that's not used to it, players fail to get the majority on day 1. Or 2. Or both.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I can't help but notice Nanook's vote is still on Gavial after the later claimed to be masons with the former.

Heck, Nook shouldn't even have made that vote in the first place if they were masons unless he was trying to hide it.

Still, he should have taken the vote off. Could be just that he didn't bother to change it, though.

Return to “Previous Rackets”