Coffia (Coffee Mafia) [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Do you prefer drip, french press, or percolated?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:00 pm

alexa (467)
8%
Gira (330)
15%
Lime Coke (352)
15%
staypositivefriend (389)
No votes
TonyStarkPrime (160)
8%
Marmot (Marmot) (Dead/Host/Mod/Non)
54%

Total votes: 13
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 345
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Coffia (Coffee Mafia) [DAY 5]

Post by staypositivefriend »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:13 pm i mean if both of you are town then you should both start deciding that LC is a wolf and we can move on with our lives
would you bank the game on gira being town?
alexa
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 427
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by alexa »

SPF wolfreads Gira right
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 303
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:10 pm So I'm interested in the fact that LC has expressed possibly no reads
You're right, most I did today was pressure Alexa, I don't have an etiquette at all for LYLO since this is maybe the 2nd time I was in LYLO as town? The first time (EM Themed Game) 1 of the mafia members was outed and the second just open wolfed.

I'm trying to observe and figure things out. I feel like this game is actually kinda big for me right now and I don't want to be wrong.
Spoiler: show
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Gira
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 276

Post by Gira »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:12 pm
Gira wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:05 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:02 pm
Gira wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:58 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:28 pm @Gira -

fwiw, i'm not really comfortable with you labeling me as being part of a "clique" and insinuating that i dislike you or have some kind of issue with you. wev'e been running in the same mafia circles with each other since i was 14 years old and i've always assumed that we mutually respect and enjoy playing with each other, so i'm not really sure why this game feels so oddly personal and heated. we can talk about it more in the post-game, but i want to make it clear that i really do not have an issue with you
i did not have any issue with you prior to this game

i think my issue with the dynamics of how things have played out is self-evident
i have more to say about this but i will hold my tongue for now
i don't care to drag any more mud onto the boards of the syndicate people than i have already (and, massive apologies to them) but i sort of have to express what i think is going on
above all else i'm just frustrated that this game would create an issue between us, but it's something that i dont see any benefit in discussing publicly
i mean if you're mafia it's whatever but if you're town i've found it deeply frustrating. which happens, it's not the end of the world
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:16 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:13 pm i mean if both of you are town then you should both start deciding that LC is a wolf and we can move on with our lives
would you bank the game on gira being town?
no
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

well not for another 18 hours or so
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:14 pm therefore wolf team is SPF/LC
Read my Day 1 there's no way I try to wolf case SPF immediately if she's my teammate.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

alexa wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:16 pm SPF wolfreads Gira right
im actually starting to think that it's you and TSP which probably just means that we lose the game
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Lime Coke wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:16 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:10 pm So I'm interested in the fact that LC has expressed possibly no reads
You're right, most I did today was pressure Alexa, I don't have an etiquette at all for LYLO since this is maybe the 2nd time I was in LYLO as town? The first time (EM Themed Game) 1 of the mafia members was outed and the second just open wolfed.

I'm trying to observe and figure things out. I feel like this game is actually kinda big for me right now and I don't want to be wrong.
I appreciate your observation but I'd recommend that you try being a more active participant
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Trying to.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:18 pm
im actually starting to think that it's you and TSP which probably just means that we lose the game
Why's that?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

sounds good
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Lime Coke wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:19 pm
Why's that?
we're both trying to force an SPF/gira cross despite the fact that we have no professed game solutions
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

Gira wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:17 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:12 pm
Gira wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:05 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:02 pm
Gira wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:58 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:28 pm @Gira -

fwiw, i'm not really comfortable with you labeling me as being part of a "clique" and insinuating that i dislike you or have some kind of issue with you. wev'e been running in the same mafia circles with each other since i was 14 years old and i've always assumed that we mutually respect and enjoy playing with each other, so i'm not really sure why this game feels so oddly personal and heated. we can talk about it more in the post-game, but i want to make it clear that i really do not have an issue with you
i did not have any issue with you prior to this game

i think my issue with the dynamics of how things have played out is self-evident
i have more to say about this but i will hold my tongue for now
i don't care to drag any more mud onto the boards of the syndicate people than i have already (and, massive apologies to them) but i sort of have to express what i think is going on
above all else i'm just frustrated that this game would create an issue between us, but it's something that i dont see any benefit in discussing publicly
i mean if you're mafia it's whatever but if you're town i've found it deeply frustrating. which happens, it's not the end of the world
(and ftr, i have been considering the possibility of you as town despite my earlier words)
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:20 pm
Why's that?
we're both trying to force an SPF/gira cross despite the fact that we have no professed game solutions
This is both being as real as possible and kind of hilarious.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

ok I've never played with gira except possibly in a turbo and so I'm going to need someone to provide a player profile sooner rather than later pls

read:
is this in their wheelhouse as a wolf
and
is this in their wheelhouse as w/w with spf
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

lol okay
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

fwiw the only times i've felt toward spf "if you're town, what you're doing is frustrating AF" she's been mafia
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:23 pm ok I've never played with gira except possibly in a turbo and so I'm going to need someone to provide a player profile sooner rather than later pls

read:
and
i've never seen gira as wolf but i skim-specced a game they were wolf in and had them as town so i know they're a good wolf

i don't think this is in their wheelhouse as w/w with spf but

brb actually i will look into it more
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:23 pm ok I've never played with gira except possibly in a turbo and so I'm going to need someone to provide a player profile sooner rather than later pls

read:
and
i don't particularly know what "this" is referring to but i have absolutely leaned into frustration/emotional stuff as mafia in the past, the thing about EM was that it was a chat game with 10 minute deadlines on open setups so it forced kind of a memorization of going through the motions and faking tonal notes and leaning into feelings and all that

i probably don't pull back if we're leaning into cross-bussing today but you have to sip on that wifom
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... ack-Clover

This was the most recent Gira wolf game.

He did start off with an intense theater with his partner...I don't think this was on purpose or planned from what I remember? But either way he could argue pretty well with his teammates in game.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Why's that?
the fact that alexa is still alive in the f5 could be indicative of her being a deepwolf. when i pair that with the fact that she has been not-so-subtly trying to steer the rest of the game into pushing on me and positioning herself to end the day with her vote on me, it's pretty easy to see her as a deepwolf that is playing with the specific agenda to get me killed today. i also think the fact that her read on gira shifted as unnaturally (IMO) as it did could be indicative of her trying to pocket him and steer him into voting for me

esooa/CR/TSP has strongly towntold throughout a lot of this game, but the bulk of my reasoning to townread them boils down to: "emotion", which is the type of thing that i tend to misclear people for more often than not. if i remove "emotion" from the picture, i'm not really sure if i have any compelling reasons to townread the TSP slot. TSP has been explicitly egging on gira's scumread on me and outright trying to get him to vote for me, which also aligns with the agenda of a wolf that's trying to win the game today by getting me killed

above all else, the thing that makes me suspicious of an alexa/TSP team is that their treatment of gira has an interesting synchronicity to it. both of them have been treating gira in a pockety, overly cloying way and both of them have been subtly trying to push gira into voting for me (or in TSP's case, he is also quite possibly trying to get gira to vote for lime coke as well). the way that alexa and TSP are treating gira feels oddly strategic to me, which could be indicative of them just being mafia together
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

that was because insaner started pre-emptively bussing me and i got pissed at it
staypositivefriend
Hitman

alexa wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:23 pm fwiw the only times i've felt toward spf "if you're town, what you're doing is frustrating AF" she's been mafia
whatttt? this is so not true lol, i can recall you getting frustrated by me in the last game we played together (the hydra game) because i was fixated on your read on me
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

did i say i'm stepping away again? i did not. i'm stepping away again
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Gira wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:28 pm that was because insaner started pre-emptively bussing me and i got pissed at it
I did remember correctly then.
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:27 pm
Why's that?
the fact that alexa is still alive in the f5 could be indicative of her being a deepwolf. when i pair that with the fact that she has been not-so-subtly trying to steer the rest of the game into pushing on me and positioning herself to end the day with her vote on me, it's pretty easy to see her as a deepwolf that is playing with the specific agenda to get me killed today. i also think the fact that her read on gira shifted as unnaturally (IMO) as it did could be indicative of her trying to pocket him and steer him into voting for me

esooa/CR/TSP has strongly towntold throughout a lot of this game, but the bulk of my reasoning to townread them boils down to: "emotion", which is the type of thing that i tend to misclear people for more often than not. if i remove "emotion" from the picture, i'm not really sure if i have any compelling reasons to townread the TSP slot. TSP has been explicitly egging on gira's scumread on me and outright trying to get him to vote for me, which also aligns with the agenda of a wolf that's trying to win the game today by getting me killed

above all else, the thing that makes me suspicious of an alexa/TSP team is that their treatment of gira has an interesting synchronicity to it. both of them have been treating gira in a pockety, overly cloying way and both of them have been subtly trying to push gira into voting for me (or in TSP's case, he is also quite possibly trying to get gira to vote for lime coke as well). the way that alexa and TSP are treating gira feels oddly strategic to me, which could be indicative of them just being mafia together
what do you feel about us (me/you) both having the same exact view of TSP then?
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:28 pm
alexa wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:23 pm fwiw the only times i've felt toward spf "if you're town, what you're doing is frustrating AF" she's been mafia
whatttt? this is so not true lol, i can recall you getting frustrated by me in the last game we played together (the hydra game) because i was fixated on your read on me
i wasn't really frustrated, just confused

the only time you really tilted me was in Reflections
staypositivefriend
Hitman

alexa wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:29 pm
Why's that?

the fact that you scumread TSP but you aren't pushing on him is only adding to my paranoia that the two of you might be teamed together

it is EXTREMELY common for wolves in LYLO situations to scumread two players, one town and one mafia, and then push on the town more than they push on the mafia. this is how i caught wolves in LYLO on epicmafia like 99% of the time, by just forcing them to out two scumreads and then seeing who they pushed on more lol
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:32 pm
Why's that?

the fact that you scumread TSP but you aren't pushing on him is only adding to my paranoia that the two of you might be teamed together

it is EXTREMELY common for wolves in LYLO situations to scumread two players, one town and one mafia, and then push on the town more than they push on the mafia. this is how i caught wolves in LYLO on epicmafia like 99% of the time, by just forcing them to out two scumreads and then seeing who they pushed on more lol
look you lose to me/alexa something like 600 percent of the time so please maybe think about other players the second paragraph might apply to
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Why's that?

i think we've shown a similar hesitancy to push TSP though is my point? whereas Gira is straight-up locking him as town - and the reasoning i brought up hesitancy on TSP is virtually identical to you
staypositivefriend
Hitman

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:33 pm
Why's that?

look you lose to me/alexa something like 600 percent of the time so please maybe think about other players the second paragraph might apply to
i care more about solving the game correctly than i do about winning
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Why's that?

this is not going to help people tinfoiling us smh
staypositivefriend
Hitman

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:35 pm

Why's that?

i care more about solving the game correctly than i do about winning
actually i guess that's a lie, i care more about winning in the sense that i would rather solve a game incorrectly and still win then solve the game correctly but end up losing

but the fact that you/alexa being the team means that town loses 99% of the time doesnt mean i'm not going to pursue it if i feel like it's true
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

I was going to say he's spouting the team as a joke and it's probably the team in actuality.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

alexa wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:34 pm
Why's that?

i think we've shown a similar hesitancy to push TSP though is my point? whereas Gira is straight-up locking him as town - and the reasoning i brought up hesitancy on TSP is virtually identical to you
yeah, we have shown a similar hesitancy to push on TSP, but i don't really understand the point that you're making. if youre town then FYPOV i guess it makes sense that you might think me/TSP work as a team for similar reasoning that i think you/TSP work as a team
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Like the Esooa/Alexa stuff Day 2 could've been a light distance in that "We're just going to get in a slight battle but back off immediately" type of thing.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

@Gira

When you're back what is your thought on the TSP slot as a whole?
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:37 pm
alexa wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:34 pm

Why's that?

yeah, we have shown a similar hesitancy to push on TSP, but i don't really understand the point that you're making. if youre town then FYPOV i guess it makes sense that you might think me/TSP work as a team for similar reasoning that i think you/TSP work as a team
i mean you're presenting this as me/TSP being W/W because i'm throwing him in a pair without pushing on him while i'm echoing your exact reasonings (Crichard emotional stuff ) for feeling reluctant to push there AND saying that now that it's LYLO i feel like the stakes are higher so i'm looking for additional reasons to townread the slot, like i feel like that is such to a Tee what you just said that you would consider that a bit more and interact with it rather than "Alexa/TSP W/W"
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Lime Coke wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:38 pm Like the Esooa/Alexa stuff Day 2 could've been a light distance in that "We're just going to get in a slight battle but back off immediately" type of thing.
you should reread Esooa ISO then

and tbh my ISO early game
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

isn't it odd that I, self-proclaimed "really good Alexa reader", has not expressed a single read on alexa?
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

also @staypositivefriend you said that w!Esooa hard defends her partners, but Esooa pushed on me early game and kept pulling up reasons not to townread me?
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:43 pm isn't it odd that I, self-proclaimed "really good Alexa reader", has not expressed a single read on alexa?
not really, you didn't express a read on me in pokemash either
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

I should read Esooa's iso tbh.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

shut up partner
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

wait you were in pokemash?
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

this is me viciously trying to defend myself while TSP is making us look more W/W, ok lol
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:45 pm wait you were in pokemash?
as ducklett yes, you subbed in and said "yeah i'm not opening that ISO"
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Esooa was one of the people trying to stop a Wilgy wagon for reasons of "He's always getting yeeted Day 1."

Annnd TSP was calling himself a good Falcon reader and misvoted him.
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

if it wasn't LYLO i would find this pretty hilarious

Return to “Previous Heists”