Coffia (Coffee Mafia) [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Do you prefer drip, french press, or percolated?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:00 pm

alexa (467)
8%
Gira (330)
15%
Lime Coke (352)
15%
staypositivefriend (389)
No votes
TonyStarkPrime (160)
8%
Marmot (Marmot) (Dead/Host/Mod/Non)
54%

Total votes: 13
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 69

Re: Coffia (Coffee Mafia) [DAY 1]

Post by DrWilgy »

Gira wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:03 pm after some cursory research i have decided fingersplints is all right so far, enough for a town lean
Lmao what research was done?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Gira
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 276

Post by Gira »

he's town because he's bringing the heat
alexa
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 427
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by alexa »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:32 pm
alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:53 pm
Gira wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:45 pm
alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:40 pm
Gira wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:36 pm
alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:27 pm i think giving people towncred for extremely minor things like that is exactly how you misclear wolves

do you have a link to a wilgy scumgame i can look at?
you know i was thinking on the game and this post stuck in my mind

and this is interesting word choice because you're expressing concern over "misclearing" wilgy

but like

didn't you push back when i expressed similar sentiment about people's early reads on Alison

(and also lol at expressing a concern over a misclear while defending lime coke doing what he does - not really alignment relevant, but, like, the irony)
i thought alison was being villagery, though. so to me your thing of "that is so obviously in her scum range" implied that something villagery was in her scum range so that's not a reason to townread her (which, you clarified anyways, so cool). whatever the fuck people were townreading wilgy for read as random crap that shouldn't be considered villagery in any world so "he wouldn't do that as scum" or w/e read very differently
you thought she was being villagery off 3 posts

but are worried about early townreads on wilgy (and i don't think what he's done so far is "random crap" even if it's presented in a jokey fashion - he has reads and is expressing them)

[VOTE: alexa] aubergine
wilgy hasn't explained a single read and has literally just been posting nonsense, what the heck is villagery? alison's content has been good and i've agreed with most of it
Oh no! Out of my few posts which ones do you think are purposeful reads?
why is dizzy scum?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:15 pm @DrWilgy @falcon45ca which one of you two is mafia?
It me.

How are you dad?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 52

Post by falcon45ca »

alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:32 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:31 pm
alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:27 pm mac is probably a villager
But why?
he's a shit wolf
Whoa.

I did not know that
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:34 pm
Gira wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:03 pm after some cursory research i have decided fingersplints is all right so far, enough for a town lean
checked some recent games (2 town and 1 scum)
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

ilario wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:16 pm
Esooa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:14 pm
ilario wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:09 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:45 pm
Esooa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:42 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:41 pm
Esooa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:07 pm

I know right I looked at the poll to vote Dizzy and saw they were silently voting me to which I REALLY voted Dizzy hard
Is there a difference between hard votes & soft votes?
the emotion I feel when clicking the button
Towny response IMO
Mannn I’m really not seeing the falcon trs, like this response feels pmuch nai from esooa (I think she had other posts that I would mention before this one when I’m thinking of towny replies from her this game). And dizzys earlier post that falcon called wolfy also felt like a very nai post to comment on. Does anyone who tr him feel relatively confident in the read? I thought his involvement and him actively posting might be towny for him but I don’t really vibe with the actual content of his posts
Mostly reading Falcon on tone. For example the post quoted below. I did think his response there was weird but I don't have problems with it. Also I want to town lock him for seriously voting a 0 poster cause I think that's funny, and I do think voting a 0 poster is towny
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:58 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:56 pm Anyway
Nanook and Lime are town.
Alison and Alexa both look promising.

zomg everyone's so towny
WTF has Nook done to earn that?
Oh I didn’t realize he voted mac. That might be towny yeah. I’ve noticed the times I saw Mac as scum he took longer to get into the thread
I'll soft defend Mac for 0 posting early. He's been busier than previous.
Image Image Image
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:36 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:31 pm
alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:27 pm mac is probably a villager
But why?
he's a shit wolf
Whoa.

I did not know that
lol you saw him in Philosophy maf

him coming out guns ablazing with his reads (even @ing you/Wilgy asking who the wolf is) is very much >rand town i think
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

also that's not insulting because if he is a wolf here then he can neener neener me
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Gira wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:36 pm
Who else have you done this research?

Why fingers?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:20 pm I think we should abandon all other premise and just murder ilario.
I disagree. I think Ilario is one of my greenest reads.
Image Image Image
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 303
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

Lime Coke wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:08 pm SPF is afraid to give people townreads this game while discrediting a SHIT ton of townreads and wants to give reasons to wolfread people.
can you talk about this more? my perception of SPF's wolf play has been that she is very pockety toward specific people and her being more wary of people as a whole is village-indicative. i know you like, intensely studied her last wolf game or whatever though or W/E, did it seem similar to here?
Read the last wolf game SPF was in on MU, her immediate start is just throwing shade and scumreads, and outed like 1 townread and put a gigantic backdoor to it so that she can keep a ML available.

This game she's come in and started throwing shade often on most of the content in the game, and most of the responses of "Why do you find this person towny for that reason? I think that's rather awkward-" which is discrediting like crazy.

She's not taking firm stances on ANYTHING, she's put 1 person as a strong townread which was Alison and that's relatively it.
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Lime Coke wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:08 pm SPF is afraid to give people townreads this game while discrediting a SHIT ton of townreads and wants to give reasons to wolfread people.
Good. LC is just town again.
Image Image Image
ilario
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 98
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Post by ilario »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:38 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:20 pm I think we should abandon all other premise and just murder ilario.
Really?? Why?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:24 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:19 pm
alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:16 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:07 pm Soooooo

Town:
Alexa
Esooa
Mac
Illario

Mafia:
SPF

[VOTE: StayPositiveFriend] aubergine
this is so shocking LC is literally never mafia
What do you have for reads so far?
Town:
Lime Coke
Dyslexicon
illario
MacDougall
Esooa
Alison

(probably has a wolf but idrc rn)

IDK:
falcon (have had some town pings, but reluctant to move up)
Gira
SPF
Finger
NOOK

Wolf:
DrWilgy
Excuse you? You claim that I make reads without providing reason, how is that anything but NAI at this point in the game?
Image Image Image
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Lime Coke wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:38 pm
can you talk about this more? my perception of SPF's wolf play has been that she is very pockety toward specific people and her being more wary of people as a whole is village-indicative. i know you like, intensely studied her last wolf game or whatever though or W/E, did it seem similar to here?
Read the last wolf game SPF was in on MU, her immediate start is just throwing shade and scumreads, and outed like 1 townread and put a gigantic backdoor to it so that she can keep a ML available.

This game she's come in and started throwing shade often on most of the content in the game, and most of the responses of "Why do you find this person towny for that reason? I think that's rather awkward-" which is discrediting like crazy.

She's not taking firm stances on ANYTHING, she's put 1 person as a strong townread which was Alison and that's relatively it.
Quote some SPFs soft posts plz
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:35 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:32 pm
alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:53 pm
Gira wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:45 pm
alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:40 pm
Gira wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:36 pm
alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:27 pm i think giving people towncred for extremely minor things like that is exactly how you misclear wolves

do you have a link to a wilgy scumgame i can look at?
you know i was thinking on the game and this post stuck in my mind

and this is interesting word choice because you're expressing concern over "misclearing" wilgy

but like

didn't you push back when i expressed similar sentiment about people's early reads on Alison

(and also lol at expressing a concern over a misclear while defending lime coke doing what he does - not really alignment relevant, but, like, the irony)
i thought alison was being villagery, though. so to me your thing of "that is so obviously in her scum range" implied that something villagery was in her scum range so that's not a reason to townread her (which, you clarified anyways, so cool). whatever the fuck people were townreading wilgy for read as random crap that shouldn't be considered villagery in any world so "he wouldn't do that as scum" or w/e read very differently
you thought she was being villagery off 3 posts

but are worried about early townreads on wilgy (and i don't think what he's done so far is "random crap" even if it's presented in a jokey fashion - he has reads and is expressing them)

[VOTE: alexa] aubergine
wilgy hasn't explained a single read and has literally just been posting nonsense, what the heck is villagery? alison's content has been good and i've agreed with most of it
Oh no! Out of my few posts which ones do you think are purposeful reads?
why is dizzy scum?
@DrWilgy you still haven't answered this

and it's AI because one of the reasons i've found you as town in the past is the way you've explained reads
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

not ignoring this btw, looking into it rn
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Esooa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:21 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:20 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:44 pm
Esooa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:33 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:30 pm [VOTE: esooa] aubergine
why this
i feel like you are trying to project towniness harder than the recent towngames ive seen from you, and the post that u made about me when i first started posting felt a little pockety so im voting u and seeing what happens
Bad take.
why is it bad
Projecting implies the forcing of an image. I don't see anything representing that.

You seem to be at baseline hunting and you are clear in your responses to most things. That isn't projecting.
Image Image Image
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:38 pm

Why fingers?
only person in the game i haven't played with like i said, posting style struck me as serious and literal minded, wanted to get a sense for how they play
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Hmmm

My initial thoughts on when I saw lc pushing on spf was “wow this is really towny of him”

But then I thought about it more and like I’ve seen spf been wary of lc early in games and he’s almost never reacted like this, and I’ve almost never seen him hard omgus her or Alexa (though he would do it to me :p but we have a dif dynamic). I started to tinfoil whether or not a scumbro in wolfchat suggested the idea of pushing spf for ez towncred.

But after reading this explanation it makes sense to me and I think I’m back to thinking that lcs push on spf is probs towny of him.
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

ilario wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:49 pm

Hmmm

My initial thoughts on when I saw lc pushing on spf was “wow this is really towny of him”

But then I thought about it more and like I’ve seen spf been wary of lc early in games and he’s almost never reacted like this, and I’ve almost never seen him hard omgus her or Alexa (though he would do it to me :p but we have a dif dynamic). I started to tinfoil whether or not a scumbro in wolfchat suggested the idea of pushing spf for ez towncred.

But after reading this explanation it makes sense to me and I think I’m back to thinking that lcs push on spf is probs towny of him.
he pushed her in that venom game with the guns when she was wolfreading him, i was actually her hardest defender that game
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Gira wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:48 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:38 pm

Why fingers?
only person in the game i haven't played with like i said, posting style struck me as serious and literal minded, wanted to get a sense for how they play
Towny approach IMO
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:50 pm
ilario wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:49 pm

Hmmm

he pushed her in that venom game with the guns when she was wolfreading him, i was actually her hardest defender that game
Did I? I don't remember that at all.

Also @ilario I wouldn't push on a wolf partner capable of holding their weight on the team.

@falcon45ca I'm writing something up now give me a moment.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Does anyone else worry that there are too many cute animal profile pics, and that it'll be harder to lynch Maf hiding amongst the cuteness?
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:24 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:19 pm
alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:16 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:07 pm Soooooo

Town:
Alexa
Esooa
Mac
Illario

Mafia:
SPF

[VOTE: StayPositiveFriend] aubergine
this is so shocking LC is literally never mafia
What do you have for reads so far?
Town:
Lime Coke
Dyslexicon
illario
MacDougall
Esooa
Alison

(probably has a wolf but idrc rn)

IDK:
falcon (have had some town pings, but reluctant to move up)
Gira
SPF
Finger
NOOK

Wolf:
DrWilgy
You left me off your town list, im sure it was just an oversight
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

16/8er -

SPF outs a scumread on Amrock (a villager)
Outs a townread on illwei
staypositivefriend;5426839 wrote:i feel like i should have more reads right now but i honestly dont

i hope people will be around during the last few hours of the EOD, which is the main time ill be able to reliably post in this game
then says this

........ok i see where brad is drawing the comparison tbh lmao

[VOTE: SPF] aubergine
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

town: mac, lime coke, falcon, esooa

in order of confidence

two more and the game becomes easy
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

i thought that was going to lead into me feeling differently about her here but it didn't. i'm not done looking though
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

@falcon45ca

The examples are in the spoilers. There's a lot.
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:32 pm tbh im reading through the game right now and barely any posts are coming off as alignment indicative

im not sure if it's just a me thing or if people just arent really alignment telling
Starts off with "I don't see anything alignment indicative" which is just 0 stance taking in general.
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:33 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:07 am
alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:04 am ok there's a chance this is an awful read but brad increasing the font size and bolding a line he previously wrote as mafia to say jokingly that he's town here may be town indicative

i don't really care about this that much because i'll prob have a solid read on him outside of microtells by EOD anyway but

vibes
It was just copy/pasta I decided to use.

You know how to read me anyways so you'll find me town for other reasons that are correct.
this is probably the closest thing i got to a ping, because i felt like lime coke was talking to alexa in this post like he already knew that she was town. i know that LC tends to be pretty trusting of alexa regardless of her alignment, but i would expect his attitude toward her at the beginning of the game to be a little bit more cynical/suspicious
First thing is shading me for my read on Alexa, when SPF knows how I tend to read Alexa in games, which is relatively the same as how I used to read SPF.
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:34 pm also SO many people townread alison in the last 4 pages for ???? reasons that im tempted to call her threadspewed
This is a townread stance calling Alison "Threadspewed" which the way she does it feels like a discredit because she's saying "I don't get why people are townreading Alison."
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:43 pm

zomg everyone's so towny
this post from dizzy pinged me while i was catching up as well and i tried to type up a paragraph explaining why but the words are not flowing properly from my brain rn

so im just gonna leave it here and then maybe elaborate later
Shade post #2.
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:42 pm
alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:37 pm
alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:04 am ok there's a chance this is an awful read but brad increasing the font size and bolding a line he previously wrote as mafia to say jokingly that he's town here may be town indicative

i don't really care about this that much because i'll prob have a solid read on him outside of microtells by EOD anyway but

vibes

You know how to read me anyways so you'll find me town for other reasons that are correct.
this is probably the closest thing i got to a ping, because i felt like lime coke was talking to alexa in this post like he already knew that she was town. i know that LC tends to be pretty trusting of alexa regardless of her alignment, but i would expect his attitude toward her at the beginning of the game to be a little bit more cynical/suspicious
i mean, i don't think whether or not he adds "iF uR tOWn hehehehehe" to that makes much of a difference, it's kind of assumed, and i talk to people like that as town all the time. whenever people add "if you're town" it feels forced to me, even though i do it sometimes anyways
yeah, you're probably right that there's an implicit "if you're town" at the end of that post - it's just the usage of: "you WILL find me as town" that struck me as off and made me think he might be trying to do some false bravado thing
Alexa defends me, and SPF says "Okay, sure, yeah, I'm still pinged by it though and won't call him town for it."

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:46 pm
fingersplints wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:26 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:21 pm Also, I want to say this: HELP! HELP! I'm an easy target, this game as any. Especially since I won't be around at EoD. I'm so afraid I'll be chopped D1!
Is Dizzy an easy target? I haven’t seen so but others probably have more experience with them than me.
This post is having the opposite effect than I’m sure was intended for me at least. Just seems a bit early for help save me posts
i suppose this post is kind of towny in the sense that it's the first post in the game that feels like a genuine attempt to dig into another persons mindset and figure them out - the rest of the ~scumhunting~ in the thread prior to this point came off as a lot more surface level
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:48 pm
alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:35 pm LC's been fine

i kinda want to call dizzy town too but i'm not sure how well i can read them (:thefear:), BUT i just went back and looked at the start of fleabag mafia and feel like they were much more standardly pockety right off the bat, whereas here they have a similar energy but seem much more careful about their reads, so yeah, would lean town there
how did dizzy come off as being "much more careful about his reads" when he posted a list of 4 townreads (or potential townreads) on page 2? the fact that he was getting so many reads so quickly is exactly why i was worried about him lol
Example of discrediting of "Why is this towny for them? I was pinged by him by it."
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:01 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:57 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:52 pmi tend to be suspicious of people with perspectives that i can't understand. i felt frustrated reading the first 2 pages because of how bland and NAI everything was coming off to me, and you making a post with 4 townreads in such a null threadstate felt like a potential indication that the reason youre not struggling to make reads is because you have TMI
If it's any consolation, I've already tossed those reads out, and I agree that things have been bland.

When Alison pushed Gira, I had half a thought that she did it on purpose to pressure Gira specifically, because Gira is pressure-able (cross referenced in my mind with a different game). And if Alison did that on purpose, it's towny for her. But I'm less convinced it was strategic, and probably just a genuine push. I mean, could be both of course. But why am I even making assumptions about it.

Explaining my thoughts are kind of blah right now, cause I don't feel all that enthused tbh, so it's a lot of maybe this maybe that.
okay i changed my mind, i think that you might be town now but im struggling to explain why i find this post towny because i am also unenthused and my brain is tired
Changes to a townread but doesn't go into the reason why and cites being tired, which feels like her trying to have an escape route to the townread.
why this
i feel like you are trying to project towniness harder than the recent towngames ive seen from you, and the post that u made about me when i first started posting felt a little pockety so im voting u and seeing what happens
I thought SPF townread Esooa at first, but she didn't, and just voted her and outed a reason for a scumread.
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:52 pm
Esooa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:46 pm
why this
in what way am I trying to project towniness
"trying to project towniness" might be the wrong way to put it (i was primarily basing that off of what you said on #168) - your posts just come off as "open" in this game in a way that's distinct from the recent towngames i've seen from you - like in the recent hydra game we played, i felt like you were taking joy in being coy and deflective about your reads and it was part of the reason why i townread you

but i guess the circumstances of this game are so different that it's prolly not a good comparison
Continuation of scumread.
I basically just wolf cased SPF and explained why what she's doing is in her wolf range.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

ilario wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:43 pm
Really?? Why?
Because your entry & agreement with Alison gave me towny vibes and you haven't done anything that I wouldn't read from a town voice? Plus my early scum read voted you so... :shrug:
Image Image Image
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Lime Coke wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:02 pm @falcon45ca

The examples are in the spoilers. There's a lot.
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:32 pm tbh im reading through the game right now and barely any posts are coming off as alignment indicative

im not sure if it's just a me thing or if people just arent really alignment telling
Starts off with "I don't see anything alignment indicative" which is just 0 stance taking in general.

vibes

First thing is shading me for my read on Alexa, when SPF knows how I tend to read Alexa in games, which is relatively the same as how I used to read SPF.
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:34 pm also SO many people townread alison in the last 4 pages for ???? reasons that im tempted to call her threadspewed
This is a townread stance calling Alison "Threadspewed" which the way she does it feels like a discredit because she's saying "I don't get why people are townreading Alison."
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:43 pm

zomg everyone's so towny
this post from dizzy pinged me while i was catching up as well and i tried to type up a paragraph explaining why but the words are not flowing properly from my brain rn

so im just gonna leave it here and then maybe elaborate later
Shade post #2.
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:42 pm
alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:37 pm

vibes

i mean, i don't think whether or not he adds "iF uR tOWn hehehehehe" to that makes much of a difference, it's kind of assumed, and i talk to people like that as town all the time. whenever people add "if you're town" it feels forced to me, even though i do it sometimes anyways
yeah, you're probably right that there's an implicit "if you're town" at the end of that post - it's just the usage of: "you WILL find me as town" that struck me as off and made me think he might be trying to do some false bravado thing
Alexa defends me, and SPF says "Okay, sure, yeah, I'm still pinged by it though and won't call him town for it."

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:21 pm Also, I want to say this: HELP! HELP! I'm an easy target, this game as any. Especially since I won't be around at EoD. I'm so afraid I'll be chopped D1!
Is Dizzy an easy target? I haven’t seen so but others probably have more experience with them than me.
This post is having the opposite effect than I’m sure was intended for me at least. Just seems a bit early for help save me posts
i suppose this post is kind of towny in the sense that it's the first post in the game that feels like a genuine attempt to dig into another persons mindset and figure them out - the rest of the ~scumhunting~ in the thread prior to this point came off as a lot more surface level
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:48 pm
alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:35 pm LC's been fine

i kinda want to call dizzy town too but i'm not sure how well i can read them (:thefear:), BUT i just went back and looked at the start of fleabag mafia and feel like they were much more standardly pockety right off the bat, whereas here they have a similar energy but seem much more careful about their reads, so yeah, would lean town there
how did dizzy come off as being "much more careful about his reads" when he posted a list of 4 townreads (or potential townreads) on page 2? the fact that he was getting so many reads so quickly is exactly why i was worried about him lol
Example of discrediting of "Why is this towny for them? I was pinged by him by it."
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:01 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:57 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:52 pmi tend to be suspicious of people with perspectives that i can't understand. i felt frustrated reading the first 2 pages because of how bland and NAI everything was coming off to me, and you making a post with 4 townreads in such a null threadstate felt like a potential indication that the reason youre not struggling to make reads is because you have TMI
If it's any consolation, I've already tossed those reads out, and I agree that things have been bland.

When Alison pushed Gira, I had half a thought that she did it on purpose to pressure Gira specifically, because Gira is pressure-able (cross referenced in my mind with a different game). And if Alison did that on purpose, it's towny for her. But I'm less convinced it was strategic, and probably just a genuine push. I mean, could be both of course. But why am I even making assumptions about it.

Explaining my thoughts are kind of blah right now, cause I don't feel all that enthused tbh, so it's a lot of maybe this maybe that.
okay i changed my mind, i think that you might be town now but im struggling to explain why i find this post towny because i am also unenthused and my brain is tired
Changes to a townread but doesn't go into the reason why and cites being tired, which feels like her trying to have an escape route to the townread.
why this
I thought SPF townread Esooa at first, but she didn't, and just voted her and outed a reason for a scumread.
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:52 pm
Esooa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:46 pm
why this
in what way am I trying to project towniness
"trying to project towniness" might be the wrong way to put it (i was primarily basing that off of what you said on #168) - your posts just come off as "open" in this game in a way that's distinct from the recent towngames i've seen from you - like in the recent hydra game we played, i felt like you were taking joy in being coy and deflective about your reads and it was part of the reason why i townread you

but i guess the circumstances of this game are so different that it's prolly not a good comparison
Continuation of scumread.
I basically just wolf cased SPF and explained why what she's doing is in her wolf range.
I missed this post entirely but this is the second post SPF townreads, and then cites that the rest of the game isn't going into much since all the reads are surface level.
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

16/8er continued:

>Thinks she probably shouldn't find [a villager's] attitude towny but she does
>Says her #1 wolftell is handling TMI poorly
>Votes Esooa (a villager) randomly/out of nowhere
staypositivefriend;5426903 wrote:[V]Esooa[/V]

uwu

LMAO IM LAUGHING IF SHE'S SCUM AND LITERALLY DID THE SAME TWO THINGS HERE RIGHT AWAY, that almost seems too easy

if SPF is scum, Esooa is even harder town though.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Gira wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:59 pm town: mac, lime coke, falcon, esooa

in order of confidence

Put Alexa in towns and you're on your way to having a correct solve.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:07 pm 16/8er continued:

>Thinks she probably shouldn't find [a villager's] attitude towny but she does
>Says her #1 wolftell is handling TMI poorly
>Votes Esooa (a villager) randomly/out of nowhere
staypositivefriend;5426903 wrote:[V]Esooa[/V]

uwu

LMAO IM LAUGHING IF SHE'S SCUM AND LITERALLY DID THE SAME TWO THINGS HERE RIGHT AWAY, that almost seems too easy

if SPF is scum, Esooa is even harder town though.
OH MY GOD

YOOOOOOOOO!
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

notably Esooa did correctly have SPF as a wolf that game and seems to tr her now though

@Esooa how legit is your SPF townread?
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

Lime Coke wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:08 pm

in order of confidence

but i don't waaaaaaaaaaaaaaanaaaaaaaaaaa
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 174
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:12 pm notably Esooa did correctly have SPF as a wolf that game and seems to tr her now though

@Esooa how legit is your SPF townread?
I dunno, I'll think about it later
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Gira wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:12 pm

in order of confidence

Dooooo iiiiiiitttttt
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:05 pm
ilario wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:43 pm
Really?? Why?
Because your entry & agreement with Alison gave me towny vibes and you haven't done anything that I wouldn't read from a town voice? Plus my early scum read voted you so... :shrug:
kk that makes sense

who else is in ur town pile atm?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

[VOTE: SPF] aubergine
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

mm ok, my overall conclusion is that brad is Valid in saying that spf's play this game compares to her scumplay in 16/8er, there are a lot of glaring similarities, but i'm also not convinced that this is out of her townrange in the way she treats reads when she hasn't fully gotten into a game yet, like in deck mafia when i was tunneling her for what i think is something kinda similar... brad is just solid town for this whole thing, SPF probably null lean scum but not to the never rescind point

also yes brad, you were pushing her on D2 in venom. she had some mech stuff against her but i could still tell she was town
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Lime Coke wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:15 pm
Gira wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:12 pm

in order of confidence

Dooooo iiiiiiitttttt
if gira outed a townread on me ever he'd be basically confirmed wolf tbh
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:23 pm mm ok, my overall conclusion is that brad is Valid in saying that spf's play this game compares to her scumplay in 16/8er, there are a lot of glaring similarities, but i'm also not convinced that this is out of her townrange in the way she treats reads when she hasn't fully gotten into a game yet, like in deck mafia when i was tunneling her for what i think is something kinda similar... brad is just solid town for this whole thing, SPF probably null lean scum but not to the never rescind point

also yes brad, you were pushing her on D2 in venom. she had some mech stuff against her but i could still tell she was town
I got confused, Constant Vigilance came to mind when you said that for some reason. You're right I did push her Day 2 of Venom because of the mech and a microread that made me paranoid about her.
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 345
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

the good news is that lime coke's push on me makes him obvious town but the bad news is that he has absolutely no idea how to read my meta
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:32 pm the good news is that lime coke's push on me makes him obvious town but the bad news is that he has absolutely no idea how to read my meta
:eye: :eye:
staypositivefriend
Hitman

do you want me to lie and make up townreads that i dont actually have? i wasnt gonna force myself to out townreads in the first 4 pages of the game if i didnt authentically come up with any, but that does NOT mean that i'm afraid to make townreads in this game. i called ilario towny and dyslexicon towny and mac towny and that was within the first few hours of the game

accussing me of being afraid to out townreads when ive outed multiple townreads shows me that you arent reading my posts with a careful attention to detail at ALL and are almost certainly overreacting based on the fact that i outed a reason to be mildly suspicious of you within the first few pages of the game (which for the record, i get no benefit from doing as a wolf because i know exactly how it would make you react, and my goal as a wolf would ultimately be to pocket you and try to get you on my good side)

and "wants to give reasons to wolfread people" makes even less sense when ive outed more townreads in this game than i have wolfreads, and the wolfreads that i have outed i have backed away from
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Lime Coke wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:09 pm Also her sus'ing me for townreading Alexa when she knows how I am when she's in the game is wolfy as all hell.
yeah i think this is the real issue here to be honest - you dont think that i could be reasonably suspicious of you for making a post that sounded super trustworthy of alexa on page 1 so you confirmation biased yourself into reading the rest of my posts as wolfy
staypositivefriend
Hitman

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:43 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:09 pm Also her sus'ing me for townreading Alexa when she knows how I am when she's in the game is wolfy as all hell.
yeah i think this is the real issue here to be honest - you dont think that i could be reasonably suspicious of you for making a post that sounded super trustworthy of alexa on page 1 so you confirmation biased yourself into reading the rest of my posts as wolfy
and ftr it is NOT unreasonable for me to be suspicious of you for acting trustworthy toward alexa on page 1 when ive seen you say multiple times recently that youre trying to work on being pocketed less and that you want to avoid townreading players that consistently trick you by default
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:43 pm
Not really, you just had a ton of posts that included shading and scumreading. Even if you take the posts where you're shading me out, and you still have more scumreads in your iso than townreads.

Return to “Previous Heists”