Marmot
No votes
MartinGG99
No votes
sig
67%
TonyStarkPrime
No votes
Merasmus the Magician (Host/Mod/NP/Dead)
25%
Click here to join the spec chat.
No votes

Total votes: 12
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Re: Team Fortress Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Lime Coke »

I haven't made that many reads and I'll get to them in this phase, I've barely been able to sleep this week so my focus is fucked.
Spoiler: show
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Guillotine
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 451
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: King of Bastard Games

Post by Guillotine »

LinearPoint wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:34 am If I thought you were town I'd say you were town.
For that to be the case you'd have to do something that would indicate you were town.
You dont get to null read me and the scum read falcon basing your reads or part of them to scum read someone else.

I've caught a lot of wolves doing that.

You said you dont know me, you said you havent played with me but you are so willing to accept ny read on falcon despite not knowing anything about me to trust that read and you did it anyway.

Pocket denied! Also, if you flip scum, Falcon and I are hard town spewed by you. Thanks!
Awards

Played
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
LinearPoint
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 455

Post by LinearPoint »

You notice how I'm only town reading one person?
I presume everyone is possibly Mafia unless they give me a reason to believe otherwise.
Wiggly's blatant disregard for his own safety by claiming a protective role before day 1 even technically starts is the only thing I see not coming from Mafia. It's so completely reckless that he's very likely to be Town.
You may say you're scum hunting, but so far you've tunneled Sig for what seems to be no real reason and jump on Gav's wagon just to apply pressure to him only to quickly back off.
That is not really something I consider scum hunting. To me that looks like you were pushing a bandwagon only to realize that it might look bad for you and took the copout of needing to policy lynch Sig over Gavial.
ImageImage
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Guillotine wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:39 am
LinearPoint wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:34 am If I thought you were town I'd say you were town.
For that to be the case you'd have to do something that would indicate you were town.
You dont get to null read me and then scum read falcon basing your reads or part of them on mine to scum read someone else.

You said you dont know me, you said you havent played with me but you are so willing to accept ny read on falcon despite not knowing anything about me to trust that read and you did it anyway.

Pocket denied! Also, if you flip scum, Falcon and I are hard town spewed by you. Thanks!
Correction for the bold
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

Guillotine wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:39 am
You dont get to null read me and the scum read falcon basing your reads or part of them to scum read someone else.

You never scum read Falcon so it's not basing my reads on your reads.
I'm basing my read on him on meta. I was just using the meta example you provided in combination with ones I have personally experienced.
ImageImage
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

You're also being contradictory here. Why post something about Falcon's scum meta in the first place?
At best you are shading him by saying he's scummy while active.
At worst you're just trying to setup a double mislynch by pussyfooting around calling him scum and trying to lynch me for actually committing to a meta scumread of him.
Neither of those are something Town should ever be doing.
ImageImage
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

LinearPoint wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:40 am You notice how I'm only town reading one person?
I presume everyone is possibly Mafia unless they give me a reason to believe otherwise.
Wiggly's blatant disregard for his own safety by claiming a protective role before day 1 even technically starts is the only thing I see not coming from Mafia. It's so completely reckless that he's very likely to be Town.
You may say you're scum hunting, but so far you've tunneled Sig for what seems to be no real reason and jump on Gav's wagon just to apply pressure to him only to quickly back off.
That is not really something I consider scum hunting. To me that looks like you were pushing a bandwagon only to realize that it might look bad for you and took the copout of needing to policy lynch Sig over Gavial.
Wiggly could be town fake claiming a protective to bait the kill yes.
Or
Scum, knowing it would give him cred from naive townies and that mafia will not kill him.
or
WIFOMing the hell out of scum if he is town and is the actual protective. Who knows? I dont waste my time reading into that and i just let the claim resolve itself at night and if it does not then i will look into it again.

Your willingness to trust a claim on day 0 is more scum indicative than town because why are you not doubting that claim?
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

LinearPoint wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:47 am You're also being contradictory here. Why post something about Falcon's scum meta in the first place?
At worst you're just trying to setup a double mislynch by pussyfooting around calling him scum and trying to lynch me for actually committing to a meta scumread of him.
Im giving everyone info on my experience with Falcon. MY EXPERIENCE.

Im sorry LP, you made a mistake and got caught, im sorry for your rand and that you had to wolf against me, better luck next time.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

No reason to doubt claims to be honest.
Fake claiming would only result in your lynch.
ImageImage
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

Guillotine wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:50 am
LinearPoint wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:47 am You're also being contradictory here. Why post something about Falcon's scum meta in the first place?

Im sorry LP, you made a mistake and got caught, im sorry for your rand and that you had to wolf against me, better luck next time.
That's not answering the question.
If you don't want people to use info you give, why give it?
ImageImage
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

LinearPoint wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:50 am No reason to doubt claims to be honest.
LOL

You are telling me that you are townreading Wiggle for claiming a protective when it is optimal to not claim it if he is town? If we are gonna use your logic that people wouldnt fake claim here that is.

You ate either naive or scum.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

LinearPoint wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:51 am

Dude. You null read me because you dont know me and you dont know if im latching onto bandwagons or im quirky and yet, you use my read on Falcon to determine that he will most likely flip Mafia. You are not just using my read on Falcon. You are producing a fake read on Falcon using mine.

YOU CAUGHT CAUGHT! LOL
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

Guillotine wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:54 am
LinearPoint wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:50 am No reason to doubt claims to be honest.
LOL

You are telling me that you are townreading Wiggle for claiming a protective when it is optimal to not claim it if he is town? If we are gonna use your logic that people wouldnt fake claim here that is.

You ate either naive or scum.
Someone making a bad play isn't indicative of them being scum or lying.
I have yet to see a reason to doubt his claim so why should I assume he is lying?
ImageImage
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

Guillotine wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:57 am
LinearPoint wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:51 am

Dude. You null read me because you dont know me and you dont know if im latching onto bandwagons or im quirky and yet, you use my read on Falcon to determine that he will most likely flip Mafia. You are not just using my read on Falcon. You are producing a fake read on Falcon using mine.

YOU CAUGHT CAUGHT! LOL
Again you never made a read on faclon.
The only read you made was that he was Town because I'm Mafia.
I did not factor that into my read so saying that I based my read on your Town read of him is stupid. Evenmoreso when you realize that you only gave a read on Falcon after I made a read on Falcon.
ImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 97
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Gavial wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:49 am
Guillotine wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:48 am
Gavial wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:45 am
Guillotine wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:40 am Why are you talking about Legacy reads so early game though.
Because I can die! :p
Do you feel in danger of dying with only four votes against you?
Do you feel those votes hold that much weight and power? Or just some of them?

Is there a hammer in this game?
I feel like I don’t care and people sometimes enjoy MLing me.
They don’t even regret it, ask @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
So melodramatic, my goodness
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Stop twisting shit around. You use my info of my experience with falcon to produce a read on him, taking my word at face value, of someone you dont know.

You die!
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes

LP is IC level town
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Im as confident that LinearPoint is scum here as i was in Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony mafia cafe game when i caught CRichard for similar reasons.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:04 am LP is IC level town
Nah
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

My work here is done for now. Good night.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

Guillotine wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:02 am Stop twisting shit around. You use my info of my experience with falcon to produce a read on him, taking my word at face value, of someone you dont know.

You die!
This is true.
What is not true is you saying I was basing it off your Falcon read.
A read which you did not give.

Now that we finally have agreed on the facts we can go back to the main argument.
Falcon flaked really hard as Town and here he is being extremely active and this is very out of character of him.
Regardless of if you are blatantly lying about a scum game you had with him or not I cannot overlook this extreme change in behavior.
Sure I might be naive for trusting that you wouldn't lie about your past game experiences with him, but I am still basing it primarily of of the Town game I had with him. You sharing your experience only really reaffirms my believe that Falcon is being very out of character for him this game and that he will probably flip Mafia.

Since you've said that if I flip Mafia Falcon is guaranteed to be Town, what about the opposite? Do you think it's still TvS or is it TvT?
As far as I see it you're still dancing around the idea of actually giving a Falcon read so I want it now.
ImageImage
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

LinearPoint wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:08 am
Guillotine wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:02 am Stop twisting shit around. You use my info of my experience with falcon to produce a read on him, taking my word at face value, of someone you dont know.

You die!
This is true.
What is not true is you saying I was basing it off your Falcon read.
A read which you did not give.

Now that we finally have agreed on the facts we can go back to the main argument.
Falcon flaked really hard as Town and here he is being extremely active and this is very out of character of him.
Regardless of if you are blatantly lying about a scum game you had with him or not I cannot overlook this extreme change in behavior.
Sure I might be naive for trusting that you wouldn't lie about your past game experiences with him, but I am still basing it primarily of of the Town game I had with him. You sharing your experience only really reaffirms my believe that Falcon is being very out of character for him this game and that he will probably flip Mafia.

Since you've said that if I flip Mafia Falcon is guaranteed to be Town, what about the opposite? Do you think it's still TvS or is it TvT?
As far as I see it you're still dancing around the idea of actually giving a Falcon read so I want it now.
No, i give reads when im ready to give them not when someone demands them lol. For now im gonna spend the rest of the day pinpointing your scum teammates and Falcon is off the hook for your wolfy push on them.

Welcome to towncore Falcon.

(Inb4 LP was just distancing from Falcon lol)
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

You're being very cautious about giving reads.
I'm fairly confident in a Falcon-Guillotine Mafia then.

First off you're read on me is just bad as it effectively boils down to me being "naive" for null reading you and trusting a past gave experience you shared.
Second you dodged my point about your "scumhunting" just looking like a poor excuse for bandwagoning and backing off when you realized your vote looked bad.
And now you're being overly cautious about Town or Scum reading Falcon whom I've given my reason for suspecting to be Mafia based on their meta behavior.
This all just looks like you are unsure if you want to bus or protect Falcon and are just actively avoiding doing either.
Also a bonus point for you being immature and just laughing about how you found scum and wont even respect me enough to answer a basic question about your reads. No reason for Town to be actively shading for no reason.
For now I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you don't know how to scumhunt and work in the mines due to the sever case of tunnel vision you have, but should Falcon flip Mafia today you will be dying and if not to a lynch I expect the snipers will do their job.
ImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:04 am LP is IC level town
+1
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 113

Post by Dyslexicon »

Lime Coke wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:00 pm @Dyslexicon

Okay so, the one time I caught Seanzie as mafia on this site he literally did next to nothing and basically outed a "This isn't w/w" read, nearly anti-spew at rand.

Is that actually just his mafia game and him actually doing things makes him town, or is he less polarized than I think he is?
He’s less polarized than that.
But I still think he’s town.
I should point out why later.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Seanzie wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:20 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:34 pm
Guillotine wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:07 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:48 pm Sean and Falcon, you should start a town core. You’re both town. I’m rooting for you!
The fuck is this? Why do you post like you shouldnt be in the towncore of those you townread?
I’m not planning to be very active at the start of this.

Thread is quiet and I want the game to have a good start though.

Also, think I’ll exchange my Falcon for Guillo right now.

Sean is town. I know him, this be town.
Tony is town cause I can tell.
Guillo is probably town and Sean thinks so too so that’s good. Work together \o/
Lime is town because he’s cute and also real reasons.

^I think this is a nice town core to start with.
(Dis)agreements?
I could be mistaken, but I don't think you've ever actually seen me as scum, so you're going to have to do more than "I know him" to justify your read on me.

Tell me about Tony. I don't see town!Tony right now. I don't necessarily see scum!Tony either, but I don't see town!Tony. If you do, please elaborate.
No, I don’t.
I’ll elaborate on all reads later tbh.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Guillotine wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:27 am
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:25 pm
Guillotine wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:12 pm By tone and meta i think the following are town

Dolby
Gavial
Falcon

Mixed feelings on Seanzie

Scum

Sig
Dyslexicon
Can you give some details on the tone/meta reads you have on Dolbr, Gav & myself?

Are your scum reads also tone/meta based?
Dolby slanks really bad as town, he is almost inexistent in every game ge plays as town and when he posts, he submits short posts.
When he is scum, he posts walls! That is almost his scum tell, he just tries to appear townie doing busywork.

Gavial as scum acts like he is being forced to play and tries to hide behind gimmicks to avoid engaging with town. Here he is engaging and feels natural.

Falcon is very aggro as scum, ive hosted a game where you played and you were town and difference is noticeable. It’s just two games but I like Falcon here so far.

And no, dyslexicon nor sig are meta reads, they are just scummy.

Dyslexicon is playing like he is in anti-spew mode and if he randed wolf that is the best thing they can do because dizzy always gets a check on night 1, in fact, i hsvent read all the roles that exists but if there are any investigates in this game, do us all a favor and check Dyslexicon because if there is a player that is capanle of snowing us all, it’s dizzy. Don’t understimate them!
Calm down, Brenda.
I don’t think I’ve ever been checked N1 tbh.
I also have never played in anti-spew and am not.

I disagree firmly with your Gavial read.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Gavial wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:33 am
Guillotine wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:04 am And dont get me wrong, if you die and flip town, i will consider your legacy reads but i think it is too soon to start issueing them out unless you believe those four or any of them have the power to get you chopped.
Ah just remember my legacy reads man.
This goes for everyone.

That’s all I ask.
Why would the reads you’re making up right at the start of D1 be worth following?
Do you have experience with that being the case before?
I think not.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Guillotine wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:30 am
LinearPoint wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:24 am
Guillotine wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:20 am
LinearPoint wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:13 am A few other short reads.

Sig has an odd posting style, but I've seen it from Town Sig and nothing stands out as an obvious Mafia tell at the moment.
Dolby is weird. Their either a really ballsy Mafia suggesting a D0 Massclaim or Town since Mafia are going to want to shy away from blatantly saying something that would benefit the Mafia a lot more than Town.
Seanzie I don't know about. On the one hand they jumped pretty quickly on the massclaim idea, but their posts seem to indicate an actual through process was going on and they eventually realized it probably hurts Town more than it helps.
Wiggly is Spy or Pyro, maybe a Spyro. Part of me wants to give him a Town pass just because Mafia hardclaiming immediately is not something I really see them wanting to do especially if they are claiming a protective role like Pyro.
Guillotine feels weird, they are just all over the place and I can't tell if they are fishing to see what people will latch onto and bandwagon with or just a quirky person.
Falcon is oddly very active this game which they were pretty inactive when I've seen them and they were Town and based on what Guillotine said earlier about Falcon's scum game I'd say this is probably going to end up flipping Mafia.
LC and Mac I'm both going to put in the category of I don't want to see an early game lynch of them, they are high prio Mafia kill targets I feel so they'll die off or be revealed as Mafia eventually be it through checking them or living a long time.
Im scum hunting, so you best believe i will be all over the place looking for answers, is that a problem for you?

There is something i dont understand.

First you say that im weird so im guessing you have me as a null cause you can't decide on your read of me but then in your falcon read, you take what i say and conclude that Falcon is mafia. Why would you take the word of your null read as basis to scum read someone else?

Now, THAT IS WEIRD
I don't remember saying I was a normal person, did I?

To be honest its mostly since I've only seen Town Falcon and he was flaky and avoiding talking.
While it may be naive to trust you in saying Falcon is very aggressive as Mafia it would line up with my experience and his current behavior.
I currently null read you because I'm unsure how to really interrupt your whole on and off Sig vote and haven't played with you.
Nah, i think you know im town and accidentally TMIed me as such.

[VOTE: Linear Point] aubergine

Scum

Sig
Dyslexicon
LinearPoint
Gavial?
Guillo. Bebe. Please.

It’s totally fine to factor in something someone said (you saying Falcon is aggressive as mafia) even if you null read that person. That’s not tmi or a contradiction or whatever. People don’t go around and doubt every bit of meta knowledge etc just because they don’t know other people’s alignment. Especially meta knowledge, which is verifiable.

You keep latching onto totally random null reasons and calling it a reason to call someone scum. I can’t stop you, but that is what it looks like.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Lime Coke wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:36 am
LinearPoint wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:44 am
Gavial wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:48 am What are the chances Lime Coke is wolf with Jack?
I mean Jack hasn't posted yet so the only reason for this connection would be LC saying they've never seen Jack as Town which I mean I've not seen Jack as Town either but I don't see LC as using that to justify for or against a Jack lynch.
So like if you're wanting a serious answer it's roughly the probability any 2 specific people both roll Mafia. There's nothing really in LC's post about Jack that would confirm or deny a connection between them in any real way.
Personally I don't really like the arguments of "X is always Y" as a justification for or against anything as probability is a bitch and everything is in isolation with odds of being Mafia varying from game to game.
I can't think of the exact number, but I've had maybe 5 games with JackofHearts. They all have been him randing mafia against me being town.

The first game I'll say that I was 100% fooled, which was the game I linked earlier talking about catching Seanzie as mafia, and Jack hammered Seanzie Day 1 when I was the counterwagon which cleared him in my eyes.

The rest of the games Jack has been mafia and before it became a "streak" I was calling Jack out for specific reasons to be mafia, and then hesitated and pulled back and allowed him to live. Which he would end game every time and mafia wins because of it.

It's probably not a legitimate take or a read on Jack, it's more "I need to make up for not learning my lesson after fucking up a shit ton of times on the same mistake."

And the sad thing is he probably IS mafia this game and he's going to end game and win anyways despite me talking about all of this because the mafia gods fucking hate me.
Jack is me is Jack. Except he rands mafia more lol.

I’ve played a lot with him as town together.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:19 am
Lime Coke wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:36 am
LinearPoint wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:44 am
Gavial wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:48 am What are the chances Lime Coke is wolf with Jack?
I mean Jack hasn't posted yet so the only reason for this connection would be LC saying they've never seen Jack as Town which I mean I've not seen Jack as Town either but I don't see LC as using that to justify for or against a Jack lynch.
So like if you're wanting a serious answer it's roughly the probability any 2 specific people both roll Mafia. There's nothing really in LC's post about Jack that would confirm or deny a connection between them in any real way.
Personally I don't really like the arguments of "X is always Y" as a justification for or against anything as probability is a bitch and everything is in isolation with odds of being Mafia varying from game to game.
I can't think of the exact number, but I've had maybe 5 games with JackofHearts. They all have been him randing mafia against me being town.

The first game I'll say that I was 100% fooled, which was the game I linked earlier talking about catching Seanzie as mafia, and Jack hammered Seanzie Day 1 when I was the counterwagon which cleared him in my eyes.

The rest of the games Jack has been mafia and before it became a "streak" I was calling Jack out for specific reasons to be mafia, and then hesitated and pulled back and allowed him to live. Which he would end game every time and mafia wins because of it.

It's probably not a legitimate take or a read on Jack, it's more "I need to make up for not learning my lesson after fucking up a shit ton of times on the same mistake."

And the sad thing is he probably IS mafia this game and he's going to end game and win anyways despite me talking about all of this because the mafia gods fucking hate me.
Jack is me is Jack. Except he rands mafia more lol.

I’ve played a lot with him as town together.
Can you tell me if he's in his town range right now? 👀
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

You die!
If they did that, there’s literally no problem with it.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Sean is well within town range. He’s done several things I associate with town!Sean. I haven’t played with mafia!Sean, but I’ve read a game where he was mafia. @Lime Coke
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:24 am Sean is well within town range. He’s done several things I associate with town!Sean. I haven’t played with mafia!Sean, but I’ve read a game where he was mafia. @Lime Coke
If you want to describe why, it would be appreciated. If you want to keep a lid on it for reasons I'll try to take your word for what he is.
Dyslexicon
<3

Re: Team Fortress Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by Dyslexicon »

I think Sean is town, because he seems to be actually thinking about the game, and he's having reactions to his own reactions to the game, which I think shows his reactions are genuine.
Seanzie wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:47 pm
sig wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:33 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:22 pm So looking back, I think Linearpoint and Mac are >rand!mafia, but that second one might be mildly fueled by OMGUS.
why?
Linearpoint's first post is the sort of first post that I like to make as scum (I always find the first post the hardest, after getting the first post out of the way, it is much easier to continue. Sometimes I even specifically try to "first" specifically to get the first post out of the way), and while this is not scum-indicative necessarily, it is scum-compatible. Then as others have mentioned, sometimes scum likes to mech-talk to hide, and their posts in regards to my team-claim suggestion feel the most likely to be coming from scum trying to look helpful in a mech discussion.

As for Mac, he called me mafia, so he must be mafia.
This awareness of omgusing and making a joke out of it is an example. He's commenting on how he feels, while at the same time it is how he feels.
Seanzie wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:10 pm
Guillotine wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:12 pm Sig is hardcore obvious scum and im tunneling to their slow and painful death.
I don't know what parallel world I have entered, but I'm like 90% to locking Guillo town on D0 (this is hyperbole, but I do townread Guillo).

I agree on Sig. >rand!wolf for sure.

That't three in the team. Who is the last?
And this is similar. It's having a reaction to himself actually thinking Guillo is town and agreeing with him, which it seems he didn't expect. But at the same time, it is how he feels. As mafia, he would need to make up how he feels. But these reactions seems to show that how he feels is "in spite of" (in spite of not wanting to town read Guillo fully, in spite of not wanting to omgus).

^So that is me explaining a town read, which may or may not make sense to anyone.

But overall, I think Sean is town because he's jumping straight into the action. It just looks like he's really thinking about the game and wants to figure it out. Quite simply. And I've played enough with him that I think I know what that looks like.

@Lime Coke
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Gavial wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:57 pm Not sure why LP be recently been called at as wolf randomly.
Last game they were town and I hard defended them.
Gavial wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:58 pm I don’t find their Playstyle wolfy at all but apparently others do?
This just looks like Gavial is TMI-ing LP town.
He's not digging into why or who sussed out LP.
Or what his own read of LP is, if any.

I think @MartinGG99 town read one of this posts, but it was this that I scum read.

As well as his reads just seems even faker than usual.
I know he pulls out reads of thin air, but he just seems to have an opinion ready on everything, while at the same time, this opinion is based on nothing.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

LinearPoint wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:08 pm As far as setup outing wolves go it's more in the fact that their Mafia unique abilities really outs them.
For example we can really really easily find Spy, Medic, and Sniper scum since their Mafia abilities actively out themselves.
I haven't read the setup really.

Does anyone know if this means if the town versions of these roles can verify themselves? @TonyStarkPrime Mech!

If so, we should do that.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Guillo vs LP:

As far as I can understand, Guillo takes issue with LP using his comment about Falcon's meta to build suspicion on Falcon. According to Guillo, LP should not do this when LP null reads Guillo.

I understand the argument logically, but I think it's faulty.
LP agreed that he did use Guillo's statement, along with their own view of Falcon's meta. So Guillo's statement just built up around what LP was already thinking.
And taking a comment about meta on face value is totally normal, regardless of having a read on the person who's saying it or not.
It's not like mafia goes around randomly lying about people's meta on D1 for shits and giggles.
It's ridiculous to hold everyone to an expectations that they should distrust literally everything anyone says unless you town read them, and if you're not doing that, you have TMI.
And some of us doesn't go looking for things to distrust.
Some people are paranoid like that, which I think Guillo is (and for example Sean to a lesser degree), but I think most players aren't.

Regardless of LP's alignment, I think Guillo's point is faulty, so it doesn't convince me at all.

As for Guillo, I'm holding off a bit on having a read. I don't think he's out of town range, but I also don't remember well the differences among his town or scum game. I'm not agreeing much with the direction he has now, but that's also NAI.

LP is lean town for me. They are town if Gavial is mafia. I think they've talked mech from a town perspective (like if we are going to claim, we should do it later when info roles have some actual info), and looked at solutions to have the setup give town benefit. All their solving posts seems fine to me. I've never played with them, so I'd be interested if anyone has meta/opinions.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

As for Tony, I just like his detached focus on mech specifically. It's weak as an argument, but the feeling is semi strong. I just think that's how town!TSP approaches this. (Also, I may have misread his first post, which is the thing I actually town read, but I want to town lean him anyway)
@Seanzie

All of my takes are early though, obviously.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I'm excited to have @MacDougall @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME and @Jackofhearts2005 to contribute more. I need bounce plz.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:35 am I think Sean is town, because he seems to be actually thinking about the game, and he's having reactions to his own reactions to the game, which I think shows his reactions are genuine.
Seanzie wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:47 pm
sig wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:33 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:22 pm So looking back, I think Linearpoint and Mac are >rand!mafia, but that second one might be mildly fueled by OMGUS.
why?
Linearpoint's first post is the sort of first post that I like to make as scum (I always find the first post the hardest, after getting the first post out of the way, it is much easier to continue. Sometimes I even specifically try to "first" specifically to get the first post out of the way), and while this is not scum-indicative necessarily, it is scum-compatible. Then as others have mentioned, sometimes scum likes to mech-talk to hide, and their posts in regards to my team-claim suggestion feel the most likely to be coming from scum trying to look helpful in a mech discussion.

As for Mac, he called me mafia, so he must be mafia.
This awareness of omgusing and making a joke out of it is an example. He's commenting on how he feels, while at the same time it is how he feels.
Seanzie wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:10 pm
Guillotine wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:12 pm Sig is hardcore obvious scum and im tunneling to their slow and painful death.
I don't know what parallel world I have entered, but I'm like 90% to locking Guillo town on D0 (this is hyperbole, but I do townread Guillo).

I agree on Sig. >rand!wolf for sure.

That't three in the team. Who is the last?
And this is similar. It's having a reaction to himself actually thinking Guillo is town and agreeing with him, which it seems he didn't expect. But at the same time, it is how he feels. As mafia, he would need to make up how he feels. But these reactions seems to show that how he feels is "in spite of" (in spite of not wanting to town read Guillo fully, in spite of not wanting to omgus).

^So that is me explaining a town read, which may or may not make sense to anyone.

But overall, I think Sean is town because he's jumping straight into the action. It just looks like he's really thinking about the game and wants to figure it out. Quite simply. And I've played enough with him that I think I know what that looks like.

@Lime Coke
Okay thank you, this is pretty helpful and I understand what you're saying with the quotes you've provided.

Also makes me feel good about you this game in regards to this and the rest of your process that you've been outing the rest of this page.

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:56 am I'm excited to have @MacDougall @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME and @Jackofhearts2005 to contribute more. I need bounce plz.
Its nice to be wanted
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 313
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:40 am
LinearPoint wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:08 pm As far as setup outing wolves go it's more in the fact that their Mafia unique abilities really outs them.
For example we can really really easily find Spy, Medic, and Sniper scum since their Mafia abilities actively out themselves.

Does anyone know if this means if the town versions of these roles can verify themselves? @TonyStarkPrime Mech!

Yeah I saw the same thing as LP. It’s hard to set up I think. Maybe we can verify a sniper easily though
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Oh there’s falcon discussion
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I’d lean Falcon town with like decent probability here. Not sure but a bit above rand at least
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:21 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:56 am I'm excited to have @MacDougall @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME and @Jackofhearts2005 to contribute more. I need bounce plz.
Its nice to be wanted
You are wanted <3
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:42 am

Yeah I saw the same thing as LP. It’s hard to set up I think. Maybe we can verify a sniper easily though
If we can do it, we should probably just do it. Would appreciate anyone who can figure out if something like that can be done.

Regarding Falcon, can you explain your read on him? My first instinct was town. If Gavial is mafia, I'm more suspicious though, as I think their interaction is particularly bad.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:51 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:42 am

If we can do it, we should probably just do it. Would appreciate anyone who can figure out if something like that can be done.

Regarding Falcon, can you explain your read on him? My first instinct was town. If Gavial is mafia, I'm more suspicious though, as I think their interaction is particularly bad.
There honestly might be something to that regarding a game that just finished.
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 25
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

I, too, have been fooled a few times by mafia jack. I feel like I can never read him. I'm not sure I've ever seen mafia falcon or just don't remember so not sure if there is a difference, but I didn't see anything outright scummy with him so far. Gavial I think is also a bit harder to read. I saw that people kind of jumped on voting him pretty quick into the day.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:48 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:21 am
Its nice to be wanted
You are wanted <3
You know what they say, absence makes the heart grow fonder

Return to “Previous Jobs”