Akemi Homura Mafia [Town Win]

Moderator: Community Team

Who went back through time?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:00 pmPlease note that results are sorted by decreasing number of votes received.

Alison (Host/Spec)
64%
Porscha
18%
falcon45ca
9%
Gavial
9%
CRichard
No votes
Miss Carousel
No votes

Total votes: 11
Gavial
Made Man
Posts in topic: 675

Re: Akemi Homura Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Gavial »

Wait what spots Mac and Falcon from being Partners?
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Ah I guess nothing but we will see.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Also @MacDougall
Why exactly do you think the emoji poster is scum?
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

CRichard wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:37 am That being said, I don't remember Gav as someone who uses WIFOM a lot.
Which is why I'm ok with calling their self vote towny, even though there are better ways to use one's vote.
It was to test something and lol it worked.

Although I should try and take a look to see if Mac had any Vanilla type game scum games in the past to reference this game by but like the fact his scum reads are his voters are lol.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:56 am My thoughts. I am enjoying this game as a change of pace. I don't feel like hyperposting is necessarily a good thing and reads pertaining to it are not solvent to me here. As long as people draw lines in the sand with the directions they take its a fine throwback to what some might say is a better time.

I am concerned about crichard. His tone is off and he sounds like his non town self just on tone and the directions he's taking.
MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:57 am aside from townreading me lol
Now you gonna actually state a full scum read CRich or just state that and ignore him?
CRichard
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 393
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: CRich

Post by CRichard »

Gavial wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:50 am
CRichard wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:17 am
Miss Carousel wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:14 am what are the firmest reads you have right now CR
Mac and Gav are my most confident town reads as of now.
Paopan is my scum lean and I'm voting them.
Still, the lack of activity is a little concerning where I'm at.
By my site standards, I would expect the thread to be about 2x what it is now in an 11p game.
Mac still giving me paranoia and as soon as I have my vote off him he calls me town.
I’m curious what Mac would do if Sig jumped in here plopping a vote down on him.
Valid, if my PoE doesn't end the game then Mac should be reevaluated if they're still alive.
From what I've seen from them, if they're town the mafia probably don't want to play against them for too long.
CRichard
Corrupt Union Official

Post by CRichard »

Gavial wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:59 am Wait what spots Mac and Falcon from being Partners?
If I'm correct in my town list, they can't both be mafia.
CRichard
Corrupt Union Official

Post by CRichard »

Gavial wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:54 am Voting CRichard because I really don’t like their vote on Paopan plus my Paranoia on Mac and somewhat Falcon also has a chance to include CRichard as their partner.
I thought Paopan felt too LAMIST in their opening post so I voted them, and their OMGUS vote doesn't make me a fan of their slot.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 209

Post by MacDougall »

ugh this is so annoying
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

CRichard wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:59 pm
Gavial wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:54 am Voting CRichard because I really don’t like their vote on Paopan plus my Paranoia on Mac and somewhat Falcon also has a chance to include CRichard as their partner.
I thought Paopan felt too LAMIST in their opening post so I voted them, and their OMGUS vote doesn't make me a fan of their slot.
I think that’s more of just a Playstyle thing though?
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:10 pm ugh this is so annoying
What is?
The inactivity?
CRichard
Corrupt Union Official

Post by CRichard »

Gavial wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:12 pm
Even if it's playstyle, I haven't seen anything from them that makes me think "oh they're town".
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Trust me, I’m aware.
Don’t remember if I was town or mafia but I had a recent game on here that was basically that.
I just continue to do what I can and hope others at least sheep me if they don’t wanna be that active.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

CRichard wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:13 pm
Even if it's playstyle, I haven't seen anything from them that makes me think "oh they're town".
Yeah but what makes you think “oh they’re scum”?
LAMIST Opening and OMGUS voting can come from either alignment, or at least the way Paopan went about it.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Gavial wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:14 pm Trust me, I’m aware.
Don’t remember if I was town or mafia but I had a recent game on here that was basically that.
I just continue to do what I can and hope others at least sheep me if they don’t wanna be that active.
@MacDougall
This is directed at you btw.
CRichard
Corrupt Union Official

Post by CRichard »

Gavial wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:15 pm
CRichard wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:13 pm
Yeah but what makes you think “oh they’re scum”?
LAMIST Opening and OMGUS voting can come from either alignment, or at least the way Paopan went about it.
To be clear, they aren't lock scum yet their entrance feels as though they were too concerned about how they appear in thread.
Which is >rand w from experience.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

@CRichard
I know I can’t convince you on Mac but I wouldn’t mind voting Sig since Sig might get replaced and it could help Alison not have to struggle finding a replacement and if Sig’s slot is wolf it could stop a real good player like Marmot or JJJ from replacing into the slot.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Although let’s be honest, marmot is my only exception.
I wouldn’t dare vote for him because he’s Marmot.
CRichard
Corrupt Union Official

Post by CRichard »

Gavial wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:27 pm @CRichard
I know I can’t convince you on Mac but I wouldn’t mind voting Sig since Sig might get replaced and it could help Alison not have to struggle finding a replacement and if Sig’s slot is wolf it could stop a real good player like Marmot or JJJ from replacing into the slot.
I am tinfoiling Mac if I survive and they aren't night killed.
Again I think that Mac gets killed early if they're town.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

I think while it’s probable you can be scum CRichard based on your thread presents RN, I think Mac is more likely scum and Sig has a 50/50 chance plus his slot is basically useless RN.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

GTG cya.
CRichard
Corrupt Union Official

Post by CRichard »

If my solve is correct, then there is at least one wolf in Paopan, Porscha, Sig and MightyQ.
If the above PoE doesn't end the game, then depending on who lives night after night should be reevaluated especially if their name is (Looks up notes) Mac, mayyyyyybe Gav.
Miss Carousel
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 217
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Miss Carousel »

this seems wild to employ as an actual strategy lol. you’re that certain we’ll vote off someone > rand town?
Miss Carousel
Stool Pigeon

Post by Miss Carousel »

CRichard wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:32 pm If my solve is correct, then there is at least one wolf in Paopan, Porscha, Sig and MightyQ.
If the above PoE doesn't end the game, then depending on who lives night after night should be reevaluated especially if their name is (Looks up notes) Mac, mayyyyyybe Gav.
so you feel that this game is all just towns talking to each other?
Miss Carousel
Stool Pigeon

Post by Miss Carousel »

Gavial wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:29 pm I think while it’s probable you can be scum CRichard based on your thread presents RN, I think Mac is more likely scum and Sig has a 50/50 chance plus his slot is basically useless RN.
it is literally not a 50/50 chance. that is not how the math works lol
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 267

Post by falcon45ca »

Wolfiest post of the game
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
CRichard
Corrupt Union Official

Post by CRichard »

Miss Carousel wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:41 pm
CRichard wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:32 pm If my solve is correct, then there is at least one wolf in Paopan, Porscha, Sig and MightyQ.
so you feel that this game is all just towns talking to each other?
It can be, which will either be supported or disproven by flips.
As my town list feels pretty solid.
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 267

Post by falcon45ca »

Miss Carousel wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:42 pm
Gavial wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:29 pm I think while it’s probable you can be scum CRichard based on your thread presents RN, I think Mac is more likely scum and Sig has a 50/50 chance plus his slot is basically useless RN.
No doubt. Gav's strategy is absolutely anti-town
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Porscha
Made Man
Posts in topic: 50

Post by Porscha »

Please explain the terms LAMIST and OMGUS please - not familiar with those terms
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 39
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

Porscha wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:50 pm
Please explain the terms LAMIST and OMGUS please - not familiar with those terms
"Look at me I'm so towny"

"Oh my god you suck" or "Oh my god ur sus" either way it's basically "You scumread me, so I scumread you back"
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
CRichard
Corrupt Union Official

Post by CRichard »

Porscha wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:50 pm
LAMIST = Look At Me, I'm so Town/y and OMGUS = Oh My God You Suck.

LAMIST refers to signalling how towny they are, rather than putting in effort to appear towny such as casing people and pushing scum reads.
OMGUS refers to scum leaning/reading and voting someone mainly/solely because they voted you 1st.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

it seems like I'm one of the few people who are unfamiliar with playing with a lot of you so I won't ever have background experience to back up any position I take. just an fyi. I read through everything and while being aggro to create pressure (especially this early with no total confirmation / deaths), I am having negative gut feelings towards falcon. maybe they just aggro tho.
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
CRichard
Corrupt Union Official

Post by CRichard »

Porscha wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:00 pm it seems like I'm one of the few people who are unfamiliar with playing with a lot of you so I won't ever have background experience to back up any position I take. just an fyi. I read through everything and while being aggro to create pressure (especially this early with no total confirmation / deaths), I am having negative gut feelings towards falcon. maybe they just aggro tho.
Alright how long have you played Mafia for?
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

CRichard wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:32 am If my town list is correct, then the PoE is Paopan, MightyQ, DrWilgy and Porscha.
I'm somewhat confident this has at least one wolf, maybe both and if flipping all of them doesn't end the game then it would be because a wolf slipped into my town list.
I am also leaning more towards:
wilgy being scum - posting, but literally all emojis, nothing with substance - maybe trying to seem present at least to throw off course?
pao - came in and pretty much just said they're town and would liek to be added to the townie list with a cute uwu emoji that everybody here so far has read as not wolfy, but perhaps that's the point? to just come off as ... non wolfy by adding cute emoji? idk I actually read it more as sus, but nobody else seemed to. so maybe i'm wrong there, but I don't have a reason to read them as town.

I think with most others they are at least active and pushing opinions, asking questions, looking at voting, etc.

i'm gonna also come out and say I will probably look pretty wolfy compared to the others on the list if they actually start participating - you guys have a lot more in depth reads than I probably will based on previous experience with other players and more forum experience. but I will do my best to question things that seem off to me and give my thoughts / opinions on who I think is leaning one way or the other.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

CRichard wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:02 pm
Porscha wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:00 pm it seems like I'm one of the few people who are unfamiliar with playing with a lot of you so I won't ever have background experience to back up any position I take. just an fyi. I read through everything and while being aggro to create pressure (especially this early with no total confirmation / deaths), I am having negative gut feelings towards falcon. maybe they just aggro tho.
I've been playing mafia since 2014 but I'm new to this board and don't have a ton of experience with forum play but I've done a few.

ps. gonna add a profile pic here shortly so I can be more easily recalled in game play. thanks
CRichard
Corrupt Union Official

Post by CRichard »

Porscha wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:06 pm
I've been playing mafia since 2014 but I'm new to this board and don't have a ton of experience with forum play but I've done a few.

ps. gonna add a profile pic here shortly so I can be more easily recalled in game play. thanks
I see. Welcome to Mafia Syndicate.
CRichard
Corrupt Union Official

Post by CRichard »

Porscha wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:05 pm
CRichard wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:32 am If my town list is correct, then the PoE is Paopan, MightyQ, DrWilgy and Porscha.
I'm somewhat confident this has at least one wolf, maybe both and if flipping all of them doesn't end the game then it would be because a wolf slipped into my town list.
wilgy being scum - posting, but literally all emojis, nothing with substance - maybe trying to seem present at least to throw off course?
pao - came in and pretty much just said they're town and would liek to be added to the townie list with a cute uwu emoji that everybody here so far has read as not wolfy, but perhaps that's the point? to just come off as ... non wolfy by adding cute emoji? idk I actually read it more as sus, but nobody else seemed to. so maybe i'm wrong there, but I don't have a reason to read them as town.

I think with most others they are at least active and pushing opinions, asking questions, looking at voting, etc.

i'm gonna also come out and say I will probably look pretty wolfy compared to the others on the list if they actually start participating - you guys have a lot more in depth reads than I probably will based on previous experience with other players and more forum experience. but I will do my best to question things that seem off to me and give my thoughts / opinions on who I think is leaning one way or the other.
I see what you mean on Wilgy. The only thing I remember them doing is posting emoji and then disappearing.
Regarding Paopan, that's why I have them in my scum pile. Their entrance felt as though they were more interested in appearing town, rather than help town find the mafia.
Get my drift?
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

CRichard wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:09 pm
Porscha wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:05 pm

I see what you mean on Wilgy. The only thing I remember them doing is posting emoji and then disappearing.
Regarding Paopan, that's why I have them in my scum pile. Their entrance felt as though they were more interested in appearing town, rather than help town find the mafia.
Get my drift?
ah yes, pao feeling LAMIST, I see. gotta use my newfound vocab lol. but yes I see.

I feel like I should add something towards my initial distaste for falcon - they initially said early they felt wolfy vibes from gav, but when gav pushed back on the lack of vote, falcon insisted that if their read on gav being wolf was wrong then it means falcon is wolf. which doesnt seem true. what if falcon was just a townie who made a wrong read? I dunno. falcon just seems forceful but I'm not sure if that's their playstyle or just aggressively trying to appear town
CRichard
Corrupt Union Official

Post by CRichard »

Is that you Marshmallow Marshal?
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 39
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

Porscha wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:06 pm

What mafia style have you played?
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
CRichard
Corrupt Union Official

Post by CRichard »

Alright if Porscha is who I think they are, I think that they should make themselves obvious town if that's the alignment they randed this game.
CRichard
Corrupt Union Official

Post by CRichard »

Still I think that Porscha is more likely to be town, because they share similar concerns that I have on Pao and Wilgy.
CRichard
Corrupt Union Official

Post by CRichard »

Porscha wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:19 pm I feel like I should add something towards my initial distaste for falcon - they initially said early they felt wolfy vibes from gav, but when gav pushed back on the lack of vote, falcon insisted that if their read on gav being wolf was wrong then it means falcon is wolf. which doesnt seem true. what if falcon was just a townie who made a wrong read? I dunno. falcon just seems forceful but I'm not sure if that's their playstyle or just aggressively trying to appear town
Does Falcon lean town to you or not?
I'm interested in your answer.
CRichard
Corrupt Union Official

Post by CRichard »

Alright guess I'll wait for answers from Porscha.
Gav wanting Sig eliminated D1 is a little out there to come from mafia, though I'm willing to admit that could be my bias on town!Gav showing through.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

CRichard wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:28 pm Is that you Marshmallow Marshal?
Lol no it isn’t but I find it funny how instead of their normal wooper avatar @Porscha chose to use the same avatar Marshmallow Marshal uses.
CRichard
Corrupt Union Official

Post by CRichard »

Gavial wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:11 pm
CRichard wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:28 pm Is that you Marshmallow Marshal?
Lol no it isn’t but I find it funny how instead of their normal wooper avatar @Porscha chose to use the same avatar Marshmallow Marshal uses.
Oh I see.
So much for that idea.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:45 pm
Miss Carousel wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:42 pm
No doubt. Gav's strategy is absolutely anti-town
It was just a suggestion because in the long run would you rather have a slot do nothing?
And if someone replaces into that slot that’s a power play would you want them to be given a wolf Rolecard?
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Power Player*
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

I don’t understand how you can read someone who’s posting in emoji’s other then their actions.

And btw their actions are more Townie then wolfy.

It’d be nice though if they could drop with the emoji’s because they should know at this point that their little gimmick isn’t helping them or us that much.
@DrWilgy
Can I ask what your initial plan was and why you decided to do this gimmick and what your thoughts are regarding what has transpired so far especially with other’s opinions regarding your gimmick.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Like I know sometimes I like to do gimmicks day 1 and it isn’t fun getting ML’ed because of it.

Like if you guys look at wilgy’s actions it is actually Townie.

His vote on me and his rotation towards Mac looked good IMO considering with him doing the emoji’s he isn’t really capable of doing much else then voting to show his alignment.

Return to “Previous Hustles”