Total votes: 10
cassandra
The Mark
Posts in topic: 313
Preferred Pronouns: she

Re: Philosophy Mafia 2: Electric Boogaloo

Post by cassandra »

leetic wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:24 pm
cassandra wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:23 pm JJJ hasn't rolled wolf in 5 years and suddenly has a game where he seems so completely different than his previous games?

idk, seems odd.
He's roled wolf on Bulbagarden circa 2019, and I believe he mentioned having a wolf game after that?
i thought someone said 5 years earlier lol

still he doesn't have much recent experience afaik
ilario
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 195
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Post by ilario »

Anne’s frustration in the game wasn’t even scummy, her assessment imo was very accurate in calling the game bad. The level of quality of players is high but the level of play was Incredibly low because everhone was just sitting and waiting for someone else to do something, or just content waiting till 2. There was hardly any relevant game related discussion and the day was a total waste full of people shrugvoting, barely anybody projected towniness to any worthwhile degree and the people who were posting the most were just spamming the thread with nonsense to hit post cap. With all these things considered I have no problem with how anne was reacting to the game and if anything I side-eye anyone who thinks this d1 was remotely productive
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 320
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

i think that wilgy is the type of player that people might find easy to push on regardless of his alignment, and i also would be lying if i said that ive gotten anything alignment indicative out of his posts

the real reason that im voting for him is because he has a vested interest in maintaining an active presence in this game, but he does not appear to have a vested interest in solving the game. when someone cares a lot about a game but that "caring" doesn't translate to any visible scumhunting, then it can be indicative of the person playing in a wolf mindset
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 340
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

I think Illario's observation of JJJ being content with any wagon that isn't him has some weight to it tbh.
Spoiler: show
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 310
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

I have decided more strongly that I actively want to flip anne based on a couple things in the last couple pages
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
staypositivefriend
Hitman

and also yes, i recall wilgy making perfect sense in the other game(s) ive played with him, so the stuff he's doing right now is clearly a stylistic choice
staypositivefriend
Hitman

nutella wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:25 pm I have decided more strongly that I actively want to flip anne based on a couple things in the last couple pages
can you talk about that a bit more please?
iaafr
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 371
Preferred Pronouns: any/especially "big chungus iaafr"

Post by iaafr »

cassandra wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:24 pm
iaafr wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:23 pm jay/nutella/wilgy/x teams on the mind

big shrug
why nutella?
shes had a few nuanced posts that ive been inclined to townread and shes posted meldy stuff a lot with me but

thats not usually how she towntells? kind of concerned about the lack of ferocious tunnels? the anne vote feels super shruggy and something she'd have more conviction in as town at eod1?

we're agreeing more than i'm used to and there is a memorable 2 posts jay made about liking the me/nutella synergy which highly activates the tifoil
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 157
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

ilario wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:25 pm Anne’s frustration in the game wasn’t even scummy, her assessment imo was very accurate in calling the game bad. The level of quality of players is high but the level of play was Incredibly low because everhone was just sitting and waiting for someone else to do something, or just content waiting till 2. There was hardly any relevant game related discussion and the day was a total waste full of people shrugvoting, barely anybody projected towniness to any worthwhile degree and the people who were posting the most were just spamming the thread with nonsense to hit post cap. With all these things considered I have no problem with how anne was reacting to the game and if anything I side-eye anyone who thinks this d1 was remotely productive
I spammed very little nonsense, excuse you
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

oh also [VOTE: masterradishes] aubergine

to validate marmot's investigations (idk how strongly i agree but i also disliked the posts marmot pointed out)
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 299
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

Marmot wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:24 pm Can people look over these MR posts with me? I think this is a wolf.

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:01 am Mac's story doesn't feel like a lie? When mafia lie about mechanics they tend to either keep it simple ('I'm a cop') or overly complex ('I'm a cop on Nights that fall within the fibonacci sequence but I only get a result if its a 3P who has activated their ability and I get a double cop on N1'). Mac's story is specific in a different way ('after 26 hours I got fed up and used it') that is unlikely to be fabricated.

Or it is just a clever lie I guess, which is also a possibility because uh we're starting to reach peak 'confirmed town' in a game that's supposedly not bastard, so I can only imagine the power Mafia have here.

This is MR's response to Mac/falcon's claim. He immediately followed it up with a vote for Anne.

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:04 am [VOTE: Anne] aubergine
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:57 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:30 pm How is Anne better than NAA? In what ways is Anne scummy to you?
Dunno but I'm sure I'll think of reasons eventually.
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:39 pm I don't like any of the current wagons. I didn't intend to sit on my vanity wagon but I may just do it anyway.

This is a lazy read for someone who has been putting forth some effort. 42 posts thus far. The timing of it with Mac's claim, the lack of reasoning behind it (even up to this point), and given that he's interacted with several other players since, I'm surprised his vote is still here.
Yeah, this is one I can go with. [VOTE: Master Radishes] aubergine He feels way to comfortable with the thread state. His contributions are also way too minmal compared to his activity.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 270
Preferred Pronouns: HE

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Lime Coke wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:24 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:23 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:20 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:19 pm
cassandra wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:19 pm if JJJ is maf i'm locktowning SPF for making me realize i shouldn't vote NAA because i can't think of concrete reasons other than him not being as extra as last game
Last game was bastard.
Bastard or not, you literally poisoned the player that was obvious town.
Oh well, if I opened the day saying I poisoned JoH, they would have said I poisoned an obvious town *shrug*. Bastard game, I was in the drivers seat due to having the PR and I was wrong... I had the potential teams right, but my evaluation of the bastard mechanic and how I tried to identify it was wrong.
JoH wasn't obvious town at fucking all he barely did anything.
Anyway, let's just agree that short of winning, any actions I took with my PR would have been viewed by you as throwing because you need a punching bag.
Russian Machine Never Breaks 769 #3
2022 Stats
| Overall 4-6 40% | Town 4-6 40% | Mafia 0-0 - |

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
| Overall 6-5 55% | Town 4-5 44% | Mafia 2-0 100% |
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:26 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:25 pm I have decided more strongly that I actively want to flip anne based on a couple things in the last couple pages
was debating whether to hold this til d2 but

iaafr is blatantly teamed with her
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 459
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Marmot wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:24 pm Can people look over these MR posts with me? I think this is a wolf.

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:01 am Mac's story doesn't feel like a lie? When mafia lie about mechanics they tend to either keep it simple ('I'm a cop') or overly complex ('I'm a cop on Nights that fall within the fibonacci sequence but I only get a result if its a 3P who has activated their ability and I get a double cop on N1'). Mac's story is specific in a different way ('after 26 hours I got fed up and used it') that is unlikely to be fabricated.

Or it is just a clever lie I guess, which is also a possibility because uh we're starting to reach peak 'confirmed town' in a game that's supposedly not bastard, so I can only imagine the power Mafia have here.

This is MR's response to Mac/falcon's claim. He immediately followed it up with a vote for Anne.

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:30 pm How is Anne better than NAA? In what ways is Anne scummy to you?
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:39 pm I don't like any of the current wagons. I didn't intend to sit on my vanity wagon but I may just do it anyway.

This is a lazy read for someone who has been putting forth some effort. 42 posts thus far. The timing of it with Mac's claim, the lack of reasoning behind it (even up to this point), and given that he's interacted with several other players since, I'm surprised his vote is still here.

Quoting this again for visibility.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
cassandra
The Mark

Post by cassandra »

[VOTE: DRWILGY] aubergine
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

And let's stop discussing that game lel
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:25 pm i think that wilgy is the type of player that people might find easy to push on regardless of his alignment, and i also would be lying if i said that ive gotten anything alignment indicative out of his posts

the real reason that im voting for him is because he has a vested interest in maintaining an active presence in this game, but he does not appear to have a vested interest in solving the game. when someone cares a lot about a game but that "caring" doesn't translate to any visible scumhunting, then it can be indicative of the person playing in a wolf mindset
I’m voting him because I don’t have a better vote and I don’t have time to sit and decipher his gimmick, and the few reada he gave felt off to me. The chance of it being scum is exactly rand
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Marmot wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:27 pm

Quoting this again for visibility.
I agree with you
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 69

Post by DrWilgy »

Wasing the wondering; Notting the one curse suggestion.

Odd.

Oh well. Ising this the save of wolf.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
cassandra
The Mark

Post by cassandra »

nutella wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:27 pm

huh
you wolfread iaafr now?
wtf
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

LMAO
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i could be wrong about this, but i think that as a general principle, anne is more likely to get frustrated and demotivated with games as a wolf than as a villager. i can distinctly recall her outright giving up before as a wolf, but i'm not sure if i've ever seen her give up as a villager. the fact that she appears to have no interest in playing this game is ARGUABLY wolf-indicative for her

but what i dont understand is how so many people without the same meta as me are suspicious of her as well - my thoughts about her are similar to NAA in the sense that i think she ~fits~ as a possible wolf, but im dumbfounded by where the suspicion is coming from
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I could just be to locked into Mac possibly being scum, which is why I'm reading into the timing and manner of MR's posts.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:27 pm Wasing the wondering; Notting the one curse suggestion.

Odd.

A lot of people are willing to vote you, why do you appear to be unconcerned?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

lmao nutells is town

but wrong

u might be right on iaafr idk, but i dont think anne is maf
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i am extremely interested in this read
cassandra
The Mark

Post by cassandra »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:28 pm i could be wrong about this, but i think that as a general principle, anne is more likely to get frustrated and demotivated with games as a wolf than as a villager. i can distinctly recall her outright giving up before as a wolf, but i'm not sure if i've ever seen her give up as a villager. the fact that she appears to have no interest in playing this game is ARGUABLY wolf-indicative for her

but what i dont understand is how so many people without the same meta as me are suspicious of her as well - my thoughts about her are similar to NAA in the sense that i think she ~fits~ as a possible wolf, but im dumbfounded by where the suspicion is coming from
low key that's outdated meta, though
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

cassandra wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:27 pm

huh
you wolfread iaafr now?
wtf
contingent on anne flipping red yes.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

@DrWilgy claim
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:27 pm Wasing the wondering; Notting the one curse suggestion.

Odd.

Are you saying you have been cursed by something?

By another player?

Or your own role?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

leetic wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:28 pm

Odd.

A lot of people are willing to vote you, why do you appear to be unconcerned?
Notting of the concerned. Notting my problem.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:28 pm i could be wrong about this, but i think that as a general principle, anne is more likely to get frustrated and demotivated with games as a wolf than as a villager. i can distinctly recall her outright giving up before as a wolf, but i'm not sure if i've ever seen her give up as a villager. the fact that she appears to have no interest in playing this game is ARGUABLY wolf-indicative for her

She can get demotivated as town too. Her activity basically tanked during Champs but Different after her efforts got shit on by everyone.
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

ugh finding it hard not to confbias this nutella take as one she'd make up as w just to seem like v!nutella

like bruh i dont have TMI on anne's alignment and if she were my partner id probably have shown it to some extent
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

ilario wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:29 pm @DrWilgy claim
Ising the 1 shot Vigilante.
Image Image Image
cassandra
The Mark

Post by cassandra »

i'm so flummoxed by nutella and iaafr turning on each other tbh
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

cassandra wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:28 pm

That post is scummy which is giving me pause to being on the drwilgy wagon since she was one of the first voters lol
cassandra
The Mark

Post by cassandra »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:30 pm
ehh
could be either alignment ig?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i have gotten the impression that jagged is struggling to make more holistically focused posts - he posts a lot of observations that generally Sound Good, but i am finding it more difficult than usual to see how those observations inform and shape his worldview, and i feel like i am unable to see the gears moving in his brain in a similar way that ive seen them move in previous games. when im a wolf, i know that i struggle to make posts with a "wide" scope, and i have theorized that jagged is a wolf going through a similar struggle. i don't think he's the most optimal d1 chop, though
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Btw I mean the post that alexa quoted from spf, not alexas post
cassandra
The Mark

Post by cassandra »

ilario wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:30 pm
cassandra wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:28 pm

That post is scummy which is giving me pause to being on the drwilgy wagon since she was one of the first voters lol
eh? i don't think it's that scummy from SPF
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Lime Coke wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:30 pm

She can get demotivated as town too. Her activity basically tanked during Champs but Different after her efforts got shit on by everyone.
actually i vaguely remember that happening, so you and cassandra are probably right about the meta not being accurate
staypositivefriend
Hitman

im mafia uwu
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:30 pm
Who would you shoot?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

honestly, nutella has made some posts that have given me the "nutellas just town" sort of instant reaction so shes probably just town

and if she is i dont even have moral highground cuz im linking her with jay
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

[VOTE: Master Radishes] aubergine

If that's true don't shoot Anne.
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

@DrWilgy

Gimme a list of 3 names u plan to shoot and explain why and I’ll consider taking my vote of you

Of you don’t use the word ising or wasing for the rest of eod then I’ll definitely take my vote of you
cassandra
The Mark

Post by cassandra »

don't vote MR imo
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 157
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Jay and sloon are both acceptable kills as well

Sloon is busy i get it but even busy town sloon tries to make at least one read imo
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Wanting of flipping Anne. Ising trusting of Nutella.
Image Image Image
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

if im in a maf chat with anne and she feels this way about the game i probably just bus her while looking like i dont know

but looking like i dont know while i know probably looks different from actually not knowing (like i actually dont know rn)

Return to “Previous Rackets”