Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 243

Re: Bonk Mafia (Day 1)

Post by tutuu »

Mizery wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:38 pm
tutuu wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:35 pm
Mizery wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:33 pm
tutuu wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:30 pm
Mizery wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:28 pm Can mafia not target the other mafia members?
nope, says in OP, and yet another town point for blue fren

i really wanna squeeze out that value of getting a town peek on the target mafia is forced to pick with their power. not only they can't choose a buddy but they can't holster after n1 (they gotta use n0 or n1 iirc). it'd be a shame if we didn't acquire the free peek coz of lack of organization or smth
I mean i wouldnt give someone town points for an inability to read the rules but boy is this refreshing!
why not? theres lotta ways to form reads imo. inability to read rules sounds funny/silly but chances are if u was mafia u'd be a tad more familiar since u'd have discussed the rules and mechanics in a private discord chat with 2 other peeps and the host at hand. there aint alot of people who fake derp clears, sometimes scum do real derp clear (they legit dont read shit), most of the time iss just a towntell doe
Clarification: i wouldnt give *me* a townread based on that. But you dont know me so thats fine and is why its refreshing lmao. I am also so used to people jumping to the thought that i am trying to fake a derpclear so- lol.
ive had ppl jumpin me for fAkInG dErPcLeAr even if they never seen me do it and it been years since i last done it, they just dont wanna get cucked and refuse to just take the easy simple townread on me, smh. iss like that insecure partner that goes thru ur phone coz they 24/7 afraid u cheatin, they sabotagin their own relationship yeah fam
Mizery
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Mizery »

Also though that mafia could just kill the town...roled...person...or whatnot, cant they? Otherwise why not just have the prs holster two cycles, have the PR...giver...outer.. out who they targeted, then they know who has the solid abilities or whatnot?

Do the PR...giver....outers...have to use their ability? Otherwise a wolf could just say they were targetef and then that conftown is really just a wolf, no?
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:41 pm
Mizery wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:38 pm
tutuu wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:35 pm
Mizery wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:33 pm
tutuu wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:30 pm
Mizery wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:28 pm Can mafia not target the other mafia members?
nope, says in OP, and yet another town point for blue fren

i really wanna squeeze out that value of getting a town peek on the target mafia is forced to pick with their power. not only they can't choose a buddy but they can't holster after n1 (they gotta use n0 or n1 iirc). it'd be a shame if we didn't acquire the free peek coz of lack of organization or smth
I mean i wouldnt give someone town points for an inability to read the rules but boy is this refreshing!
why not? theres lotta ways to form reads imo. inability to read rules sounds funny/silly but chances are if u was mafia u'd be a tad more familiar since u'd have discussed the rules and mechanics in a private discord chat with 2 other peeps and the host at hand. there aint alot of people who fake derp clears, sometimes scum do real derp clear (they legit dont read shit), most of the time iss just a towntell doe
Clarification: i wouldnt give *me* a townread based on that. But you dont know me so thats fine and is why its refreshing lmao. I am also so used to people jumping to the thought that i am trying to fake a derpclear so- lol.
You know, I see you as trying to fake a derpclear so I think you are bad.

[VOTE: Mizery] aubergine
Fo sho bro tbh lmao
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Mizery wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:42 pm Also though that mafia could just kill the town...roled...person...or whatnot, cant they? Otherwise why not just have the prs holster two cycles, have the PR...giver...outer.. out who they targeted, then they know who has the solid abilities or whatnot?

Do the PR...giver....outers...have to use their ability? Otherwise a wolf could just say they were targetef and then that conftown is really just a wolf, no?
"Do the PR...giver....outers...have to use their ability? " - yes, both town and mafia. they can pick to use the first shot on N0 or N1. the second they must use the night after. the pr receiver cant reject it, they have to take it and pick one of the two variants, but they can holster the actual shot indefinitely

and like yeah iss tricky. some info can get lost in the shuffle by lack of organization. lemme think if mass claiming day 1 could be good and could be something other people could be convinced of
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

I think *if* mass claiming, then d2 would be better as long as people got shots tonight tbh
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

Mizery wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:46 pm I think *if* mass claiming, then d2 would be better as long as people got shots tonight tbh
But also mass claiming stratsbare eek tbh
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

Mizery wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:46 pm
Mizery wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:46 pm I think *if* mass claiming, then d2 would be better as long as people got shots tonight tbh
But also mass claiming strats are eek tbh
Ebwop
Thats embarassing
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

1. both givers holstered. we mass claim. mafia kills our town PR tonight. IF we play it right on the next day we get a conf town (the mafia target) + we have a safe sane ability to use/leash. but there is potential for outplay by maf coz i think it relies on us not being dumb

i hope town pr giver gave shot n0 coz i think thats better

2. both givers gave shot. we mass claim. we have 2 confirmed town immediately (assuming no cc), we have a safe leash on sane PR. thats best case scenario, so much good stuff

3. town pr gave shot, scum pr holstered. dass reasonable i think, i dont think they can fuck with us too hard. we still get our peek tomorrow i think

4. town pr holstered, scum pr gave shot. this is uh bad. we get a peek but mafia can kill it tonight. we dont learn shit.

i think that if the town PR gave their shot on N0, they should say so and lead the mass claim, because good stuff will follow. if town PR didnt give their shot on N0 we should stay quiet coz its bad. what yall think of my genius plan?
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 80
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

tutuu wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:51 pm 1. both givers holstered. we mass claim. mafia kills our town PR tonight. IF we play it right on the next day we get a conf town (the mafia target) + we have a safe sane ability to use/leash. but there is potential for outplay by maf coz i think it relies on us not being dumb

2. both givers gave shot. we mass claim. we have 2 confirmed town immediately (assuming no cc), we have a safe leash on sane PR. thats best case scenario, so much good stuff

3. town pr gave shot, scum pr holstered. dass reasonable i think, i dont think they can fuck with us too hard. we still get our peek tomorrow i think

4. town pr holstered, scum pr gave shot. this is uh bad. we get a peek but mafia can kill it tonight. we dont learn shit.

i think that if the town PR gave their shot on N0, they should say so and lead the mass claim, because good stuff will follow. if town PR didnt give their shot on N0 we should stay quiet coz its bad. what yall think of my genius plan?
I agree with this.
Spoiler: show
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
RondoDimBuckle
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 178
Preferred Pronouns: Rondo/RondoDimBuckle
Aka: Rondo

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Lime Coke wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:52 pm
tutuu wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:51 pm 1. both givers holstered. we mass claim. mafia kills our town PR tonight. IF we play it right on the next day we get a conf town (the mafia target) + we have a safe sane ability to use/leash. but there is potential for outplay by maf coz i think it relies on us not being dumb

I agree with this.
I am a contrarian and disagree with this

[VOTE: Lime Coke] aubergine

But actually I dont agree with this, the fact that a wolf can get a town role means your whole theory is hoping a wolf isnt picked. Sure the % chance of picking a town at random is high but not guaranteed. This seems like a way to get a wolf deep lime and tutuu w/w? :think:
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
I'm not dumb I just don't know things.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:00 pm

I agree with this.

But actually I dont agree with this, the fact that a wolf can get a town role means your whole theory is hoping a wolf isnt picked. Sure the % chance of picking a town at random is high but not guaranteed. This seems like a way to get a wolf deep lime and tutuu w/w? :think:
man u trippin

i never said that im hoping that a wolf isnt picked, read it again

i said "leashed" - as in - it will be publicly outed who has a sane power given by the town PR, and regardless of their alignment they're gonna be forced to use it in the way we tell them to. so obv we would take into account that they could be wolf, dass part of the leashing
motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 89

Post by motel room »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:29 pm
motel room wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:51 pm Who took the bonk?
What's a bonk?

Are you maf?
No idea. Something to do with Discord?

Nope, town. What about you?
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

Let me get the dumb questions out of the way - what is a vote for Sleep?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

motel room wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:23 pm Let me get the dumb questions out of the way - what is a vote for Sleep?
no chop / day kill, go straight to bed
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

tutuu wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:24 pm
motel room wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:23 pm Let me get the dumb questions out of the way - what is a vote for Sleep?
What's a No Vote then?
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Its where you sit before you vote so you can see the poll

[VOTE: motel room] aubergine
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 152
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

motel room wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:26 pm
tutuu wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:24 pm
What's a No Vote then?
The same as an unvote--youre not voting for anything, including sleep
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 152
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

[VOTE: rondo] aubergine
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

Righty-o, thanks. Vote noted Rondo.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

motel room wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:31 pm Righty-o, thanks. Vote noted Rondo.
Last sentence mega towny imo

Rondo feels jestery to me, not sure if townreading or scumreading them iss the right play. If i knew more about them more would be helpful, if anyone knows anythin im all ears
TonyStarkPrime
Posts in topic: 98
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

i think if no shots were given n0 then we should leave it be. if anyone got a shot they should claim it first. but like. that's about the same as your strategy
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

it would also be a serious mafia misplay not to use their power on n0 so i suspect someone got a power
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

I haven't played with most people here fyi, only Mac, dunya and dyson, maybe scotty in a game like 4 years ago. So I wont be doing much of the meta-read thing.
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

Wait also good because if town pr doesnt claim then the person who got shots will know their shot may be faulty

Am i just slow
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

well that's a thing too actually
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

yeah i think like tutuu's plan and my ideal plan are approximately functionally identical.

so here's where we're at:

IF YOU RECEIVED A POWER, CLAIM IT

and

2) IF YOU GAVE A POWER, CLAIM THAT TOO
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

outside of that we should stop talking about mech for now
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 80
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:49 pm yeah i think like tutuu's plan and my ideal plan are approximately functionally identical.

so here's where we're at:

IF YOU RECEIVED A POWER, CLAIM IT

and

2) IF YOU GAVE A POWER, CLAIM THAT TOO
Agree with this...

I feel like the person that received should claim first (Preferably in the first post), then giver confirms it.

If giver accidentally gives to mafia, and claims first, the mafia member could be like "Oh, yeah, I received and did this!"
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

yes i agree
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 185

Post by MacDougall »

Hey
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I am a bit busy atm I'll come back to this game a bit later. I'll find you one town to sheep that's not me first hang on.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Noone go rambo mode and hold back info pls the setup can be pretty townsided if we all are just on the same page and listen to each other
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Probs tutuu. Just chop whoever she says to unless she names me.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:57 pm Probs tutuu. Just chop whoever she says to unless she names me.
Pattie pattie :p
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Its 6 am i aint gotten in. Bed sitting here playin mafoa im monkry ass brain
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 92
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

I hate work. There, I said it. I tired.
dunya wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:48 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:07 pm so I was doing some thinking in my study last night and realized that if you receive a role in the night, odds are greater that it is a sane role, considering the 25% chance of insanification. So it makes sense to use it IF you use probability as the main factor. Anyone disagree?
me.

prerand, alison said the best chances for town in this setup is if town DONT use the prs and play this mountainous--which is by far the best setup anyway.
I understand Alison said that, but Alison isn’t my mom

At least I hope she’s not.

:scared:

If we don’t use the roles afforded to us, why not just play mountainous? I still think the odds are ever in town’s favor and it would only help, not hinder, especially if using the cop/tracker which do no killing. Just my two pence
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:23 pm It is supposed to be a gif of the whole of Shrek

https://preview.redd.it/4vwc2telggr21.g ... d71e9f339b

Also anyone above 11 posts I am suspicious of since we have 48 hours to post and it seems like its anti town to lock yourself out of responses.

Also since I HAVE to declare who I am voting for I will say I am voting for one of:
dunya
Master Radishes
TonyStarkPrime
Lime Coke
lost monkey
RondoDimBuckle
falcon45ca
Scotty
motel room
NotAnAxehole
tutuu
Dyson sphere
Mizery
MacDougall

That is all
wtf is this

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

So I’m not used to the whole massclaiming atmosphere- I really only have experience playing games holding cards close to your chest, but ima be honest witcha. I think this is a bad idea. At least until D2. But what do I know

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

lol tutuu out here throwing around townreads on everyone like a Mardi Gras bead queen on Fat Tuesday.

Between that mizery/tutuu interaction tho, I think mizery looks super town. I appreciate the humble attitude about not wanting to be read town for asking mech questions.

I don’t know how tutuu usually plays, but if they’re wolf, they’re trying to D1 power wolf, and power wolves make my head hurt

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

tutuu wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:44 pm
Mizery wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:42 pm Also though that mafia could just kill the town...roled...person...or whatnot, cant they? Otherwise why not just have the prs holster two cycles, have the PR...giver...outer.. out who they targeted, then they know who has the solid abilities or whatnot?

"Do the PR...giver....outers...have to use their ability? " - yes, both town and mafia. they can pick to use the first shot on N0 or N1. the second they must use the night after. the pr receiver cant reject it, they have to take it and pick one of the two variants, but they can holster the actual shot indefinitely

and like yeah iss tricky. some info can get lost in the shuffle by lack of organization. lemme think if mass claiming day 1 could be good and could be something other people could be convinced of
Seems like you listed a bunch of prethought reasons to claim, and now that Miz is poking holes in your “plan”, you’re backtracking.

Who’s to say that if wolves holstered on N0, and we do all claim if we received a shot, a wolf doesn’t also claim to have received a shot? Too easy to attempt to clear.

Unless they claim, we believe them/don’t believe them, and go down the inevitable lynch one or the other loop on d3…

Ah man I shouldn’t think through this at night, I’ma rethink about this tomorrow when I have a night of sleep

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:00 pm

I agree with this.

lol I agree with what rondo is saying here, but lol this seems a little too kneejerk accusatory

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Yea, ima tie it up

[VOTE: Rondo] aubergine

Will reassess tomorrow but I don’t like rondo’s entrance

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

tutuu wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:36 pm
motel room wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:31 pm Righty-o, thanks. Vote noted Rondo.
Last sentence mega towny imo

Rondo feels jestery to me, not sure if townreading or scumreading them iss the right play. If i knew more about them more would be helpful, if anyone knows anythin im all ears
no jesters here, and you know this

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

motel room wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:43 pm I haven't played with most people here fyi, only Mac, dunya and dyson, maybe scotty in a game like 4 years ago. So I wont be doing much of the meta-read thing.
I don’t even remember playing with you. Do you recall which game? Grandpa doesn’t hVe the memory he used to

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I love talking to myself, it’s like I’m celebrating my 11th birthday all over again, where no one came to Dave n busters and I just played videogames and spent $30 to have enough tickets to buy a kazoo or some shit

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Or shoot I dunno maybe we should claim.

Tutuu maybe you already solves the game

RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Scotty wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:12 am Yea, ima tie it up

I agree rondos entrance sucked. Lets get him out.

[VOTE: Rondo ] aubergine
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Rondo hella reactionary though. Can’t shake this feeling, hackles standing up.

But I suck at D1 so maybe I should just pull a Mac and sheep the consensus town

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:23 am
Scotty wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:12 am Yea, ima tie it up

I agree rondos entrance sucked. Lets get him out.

[VOTE: Rondo ] aubergine

motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

Scotty seems towny to me at this early stage. Tutuu seemed good too but that jester comment is actually saying nothing now that you point it out.

Return to “Previous Rackets”