TonyStarkPrime
No votes
Vulgard
27%
No elimination
No votes
No vote / unvote
9%
The institution of sports (host/dead/non)
55%

Total votes: 11
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 259
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Buckets: War of the GOATs [Day 2]

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:09 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:08 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:07 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:06 am fwiw the fact that the two people with the least interest in playing the game are the only ones who find mac towny is probably ... not a good sign for mac (sorry mac)
Absolutely pointless read unless your agenda is just to bury me off nothing. Weak as fuck. Get gone.
interpret as you will
tell me what compelled you to make this statement from the perspective of a town townreading me?
i thought it and then said "hmm i wonder how mac would react"
ilario
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 544
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Post by ilario »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:08 am
ilario wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:07 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:03 am
ilario wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:00 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:56 am
ilario wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:52 am Also that poe from nanook is just yikes

It shows almost no critical thinking. Seems like he named the slots he felt easiest to yeet. How can he logically have me and tsp in the poe together when tsps only contribution to d1 was to park a vote on me. Also I tried to suggest a tsp wagon eod d1 and nanook defended him, so it’s weird that he poes tsp now all of a sudden
and yet he is making the most challenging read in the game.... Town on me lol

I’ve found u towny more times than Ive found u scummy
And to be quite honest if Alison hadn’t mentioned that you had a big scumrange I’d have probably just kept u as a townread, but I can’t ignore the fact that the two people who know u quite well in this lobby keep calling u scum. I also can’t ignore the fact that when you make reads it really feels like ur just throwing names out there every single time. The amount of times I’ve seen u call someone town only to start pushing them a few pages later is just absurd.
Well again you are mistaken I have played more mafia games with tsp and nanook than anyone else here. Alison third then Esooa. Wiml and Ender like less than 5 games

And me changing my reads is entirely normal for me. Anyone here who has played with me will admit that. And I often get scumread wrongly for it also.
Let’s say ur town and u had two days, no pressure at all, do you think town!mac could comfortably solve this game?
more often than not yes
Cool, then stop worrying about being yeeted

As long as u don’t fos me or push me you’re not going anywhere in these next two days as long I don’t get nkd (which atp is like <2% chance), so go ahead and do your thing
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:11 am
ilario wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:01 am

It shows almost no critical thinking. Seems like he named the slots he felt easiest to yeet. How can he logically have me and tsp in the poe together when tsps only contribution to d1 was to park a vote on me. Also I tried to suggest a tsp wagon eod d1 and nanook defended him, so it’s weird that he poes tsp now all of a sudden

And to be quite honest if Alison hadn’t mentioned that you had a big scumrange I’d have probably just kept u as a townread, but I can’t ignore the fact that the two people who know u quite well in this lobby keep calling u scum. I also can’t ignore the fact that when you make reads it really feels like ur just throwing names out there every single time. The amount of times I’ve seen u call someone town only to start pushing them a few pages later is just absurd.

On a surface level ur towny
You say some towny shit
Beyond that I don’t understand what ur gamesolving process has been as it looks like performative and hard to follow
performative and hard to follow is a better descriptor of my town play than wolf play tbqfh
no it's not
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 460
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

fwiw one of the reasons I town read ender is I feel like he's just

being way too background for his wolf game

and I believe him

like I get the feeling he cares about what I say even though he's not tried to vocalize that much to buddy me. And he's mentioned one or two times in passing he's working on his non-partnered graph but it's just like. A thing he's doing to solve. Nothing more. I don't feel his voice in anything I've done has been opportunistic and I get his stuff re: wiml. I still think his thinking on "hey cool I town read transcend" into remembering "ah wait I got tilted into scum reading him" was really towny. Like if he had a read that's what he remembers but getting tilted into a scum read sometimes just happens and the fact he forgot it makes me think it was genuinely tilting into a scum read as it was a temporary emotional thing, which is why he didn't remember immediately.

I just feel a lot of general townyness from him
Spoiler: show
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 737

Post by MacDougall »

you can literally verify what I said by asking people. Alexa has zero benchmark for reading me. She appears to be defaulting to scumreading the three players she has the least meta of which is a pretty big clue that she's flailing in general and probably fallen into the pocket of someone who knows how to play around.

Esooa routinely reads me wrong.

Ender also has consistently misread me when he has been town against me.

Lime Coke played one game with me where I was town and he was wolf. He has no idea how to read me.

Wiml actually reads me okay tbh but he has limited exposure to my town game.

Alison has been fooled by me constantly lately and was entirely desperate to be right on Mac wolf here and tunneled me badly.

Nanook and TSP both have the most experience with me but of course yall won't sheep there because that's the POE.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:14 am

You say some towny shit
Beyond that I don’t understand what ur gamesolving process has been as it looks like performative and hard to follow
performative and hard to follow is a better descriptor of my town play than wolf play tbqfh
no it's not
yes it fucking well is
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

EnderWiggin wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:11 am

You say some towny shit
Is that why Esooa townread you in African Birds.
When I am wolf I just play against whoever is likely to simp for me the most and protect me from other town. So I do what I feel they need to see.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

i'm glad you think so but that'd be like me saying "top posting and exercising thread control to chop wolves is a better descriptor of my town play than wolf play" and it's not... wrong? but it's also false
alexa
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 892
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by alexa »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:15 am you can literally verify what I said by asking people. Alexa has zero benchmark for reading me. She appears to be defaulting to scumreading the three players she has the least meta of which is a pretty big clue that she's flailing in general and probably fallen into the pocket of someone who knows how to play around.

Lime Coke played one game with me where I was town and he was wolf. He has no idea how to read me.

Alison has been fooled by me constantly lately and was entirely desperate to be right on Mac wolf here and tunneled me badly.

Nanook and TSP both have the most experience with me but of course yall won't sheep there because that's the POE.
The fact Alison was the n1 kill reinforces there’s scum in my pool

Also I had Alison as a top townread when I have very little meta on her
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

This may be a mistake but I want to say mac is town
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:15 am you can literally verify what I said by asking people. Alexa has zero benchmark for reading me. She appears to be defaulting to scumreading the three players she has the least meta of which is a pretty big clue that she's flailing in general and probably fallen into the pocket of someone who knows how to play around.

eh

pretty sure I ended town reading you in scythe

I forget

syndikate I don't feel bad about my read on you at all

the mash I wolf read you

African birds was a really bad read by me but you also spent the game trying to pocket me and I was tilted af

not gonna care to think about more
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

like if i put all the mac games in a row and I select the mac games where I think he's hard to follow and feels like a lottery wheel of chaos those are more often than not the wolfy ones
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

ilario wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:18 am This may be a mistake but I want to say mac is town
If Alison and Mac were t v t why don’t wolves leave Alison alive to keep tunneling Mac?
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

I am literally one of the only people who care about dead villager reads
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

n1 nka when the kill was on the strongest player is zzz
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

alexa wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:19 am
ilario wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:18 am This may be a mistake but I want to say mac is town
If Alison and Mac were t v t why don’t wolves leave Alison alive to keep tunneling Mac?
Alison also scumread wiml

I saw that when I was rereading
Lemme go find it
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Esooa wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:20 am n1 nka when the kill was on the strongest player is zzz
She tunneled a villager who you defended all day one. She was far from the obvious nk
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:18 am like if i put all the mac games in a row and I select the mac games where I think he's hard to follow and feels like a lottery wheel of chaos those are more often than not the wolfy ones
lottery wheel of chaos is a stretch from performative and hard to follow dude.

lottery wheel of chaos is not what this game has been.

lottery wheel of chaos is like pyre.

this game is my normal town game which is performative and difficult for people to follow.
EnderWiggin
Made Man
Posts in topic: 532
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by EnderWiggin »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:15 am Ender also has consistently misread me when he has been town against me.
Is this a perspective slip?
We can only trust the truth. Everything else is a lie.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

alexa wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:20 am I am literally one of the only people who care about dead villager reads
I iso read both dead villagers please
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

alexa wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:21 am
Esooa wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:20 am n1 nka when the kill was on the strongest player is zzz
She tunneled a villager who you defended all day one. She was far from the obvious nk
I am town and I predict who will die each night phase to see how accurate my thinking is and I predicted it was decently likely to be alison

wasn't hard
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

EnderWiggin wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:21 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:15 am Ender also has consistently misread me when he has been town against me.
omfg i quit mafia that'll do.me
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:21 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:18 am like if i put all the mac games in a row and I select the mac games where I think he's hard to follow and feels like a lottery wheel of chaos those are more often than not the wolfy ones
lottery wheel of chaos is a stretch from performative and hard to follow dude.

lottery wheel of chaos is not what this game has been.

lottery wheel of chaos is like pyre.

this game is my normal town game which is performative and difficult for people to follow.
eh difficult to follow ~= lottery wheel of chaos but what I call difficult to follow might be different from what other people call difficult to follow
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:22 am
Is this Mac thinking I'm serious with a meme?
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Esooa wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:22 am
alexa wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:21 am
I am town and I predict who will die each night phase to see how accurate my thinking is and I predicted it was decently likely to be alison

wasn't hard
Cool well Im town and I was surprised by the kill (and actually grateful for it) which is very rarely how I feel about NKs so I’m not gonna ignore it
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

in any case you don't need to tell me you're in town meta because i agree
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

why are you surprised by the kill Alexa
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

okay well I actually am the person who knows how this site works

but sure continue
ilario
Racketeer

Re: Buckets: War of the GOATs

Post by ilario »

Alison wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:45 am Wiml is pretty scummy.
Alison wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:53 am
ilario wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:48 am
is this ur first game with him?

i had a slight ping with him over something minor but ill give him time to catch up first, if hes town hes good at obv-towning himself
His catchup felt like he was holding back and a little nervous, which I'd expect him to be if he rolled wolf in this playerlist. He also shrank away from taking firm stances; I think the strongest read he had was that Transcend seemed excited to play and that was townie. Which is a pretty meh read.
Alison wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:41 am
Wiml wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:28 am
Alison wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:53 am
ilario wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:48 am
is this ur first game with him?

i had a slight ping with him over something minor but ill give him time to catch up first, if hes town hes good at obv-towning himself
His catchup felt like he was holding back and a little nervous, which I'd expect him to be if he rolled wolf in this playerlist. He also shrank away from taking firm stances; I think the strongest read he had was that Transcend seemed excited to play and that was townie. Which is a pretty meh read.
This is false. I've read up to page 3 of the thread and I've externalised exactly two reads: Transcend being town from his entrance (one reason for that is what I mentioned to illario because it was relevant to the conversion from his entrance) and alexa being town as well. Those are literally the only stances I've made so saying I've shrank away from making firms ones is incredibly disingenuous.

Saying I'm nervous is also just blatantly untrue and I'm interested in hearing how you could get that impression from my posts?
You're doing a lot of commenting on things without giving opinions on them and that concerns me. My read that you're nervous extends from that: it's like you're afraid to put yourself out there. Like, using the post I'm responding to as an example, you're using a lot of language that seems to point towards me being scum: "this is false", "incredibly disingenuous", "blatantly untrue". But you're not actually voting me or pushing on me. There's a hesitation there.
@alexa

these are some of the things she had to say on wiml
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

EnderWiggin wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:24 am
this has happened to you more than once this game so maybe you're not as obvious with you memes as you think
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:26 am
EnderWiggin wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:24 am
this has happened to you more than once this game so maybe you're not as obvious with you memes as you think
Apparently not.
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:24 am why are you surprised by the kill Alexa
I still thought she was village but the transcend town flip made her be the townread I questioned the most

Every game I’ve had with me/LC/ilario as v/v/v one of us has died n1 because we just clear each other easily which is hard for wolves
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

alexa wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:27 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:24 am why are you surprised by the kill Alexa
I still thought she was village but the transcend town flip made her be the townread I questioned the most

Every game I’ve had with me/LC/ilario as v/v/v one of us has died n1 because we just clear each other easily which is hard for wolves
has this led to you doubting your reads on lc/ilario?
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

So basically this implies either there’s a wolf in LC/ilario or someone who knows Alison specifically fear killed her. I was questioning the former at first (specifically for LC) but decided it’s more likely the latter
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Alexa you're basically being surprised about an early SPF or shady night kill cause they're wrong on their day 1 read

that's just like, not that important when factoring in the night 1 kill

doesn't matter if these players are wrong day 1. They will make your wolf game harder

also trying to NKA with one night kill and no scum flips isn't very easy, there's too many directions to take it

the best approach here is to say "Alison is good so I want to sheep her confirmed town reads"

but not any NKA imo

at least only in decent moderation
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I still don't get how you have this perspective but immediately scumread me and vote me for having the same opinion.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

alexa wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:28 am So basically this implies either there’s a wolf in LC/ilario or someone who knows Alison specifically fear killed her. I was questioning the former at first (specifically for LC) but decided it’s more likely the latter
and my original scumread was esooa which you also screamed at me for
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:28 am

has this led to you doubting your reads on lc/ilario?

true, but keep in mind all 3 of us trd alison/essoa, i feel as though the 5 of us all had each other in their town circles, so atp alison given her clout and everything else makes sense as a nk
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Back to thinking it’s

Wiml/nanook
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Esooa wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:29 am Alexa you're basically being surprised about an early SPF or shady night kill cause they're wrong on their day 1 read

that's just like, not that important when factoring in the night 1 kill

doesn't matter if these players are wrong day 1. They will make your wolf game harder

also trying to NKA with one night kill and no scum flips isn't very easy, there's too many directions to take it

the best approach here is to say "Alison is good so I want to sheep her confirmed town reads"

but not any NKA imo

at least only in decent moderation
StayPositiveFriend
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison only makes sense as a nk specifically to make me look like shit. Her d1 reads were both town. She wasn't being a threat to the wolves. Which is why my first inclination was that her death spews Nanook/Esooa as always having one between them.

But you all can't get there because you don't have my alignment. Which against was why I just wanted to be flipped so you could see it.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[VOTE: Nanook] aubergine fine.
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:33 am Alison only makes sense as a nk specifically to make me look like shit. Her d1 reads were both town. She wasn't being a threat to the wolves. Which is why my first inclination was that her death spews Nanook/Esooa as always having one between them.

But you all can't get there because you don't have my alignment. Which against was why I just wanted to be flipped so you could see it.
Why does it make specifically essoa and nanook look bad?
Wiml
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 705
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by Wiml »

EnderWiggin wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:17 am
Wiml wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:50 am
ilario wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:46 am
Wiml wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:44 am I posted to early oops.

Just wanted to laugh at illario wolfread me for not writing enough walls this game. Don't tell him lol.
its not that, i just dont really see u solving any alignments

if ur town the best thing u can do here is to just ignore all the pressure and figure out who else is scum
You have correctly identified that I do zero solving while asleep.

If this is about me being in the thread yesterday, I already said I was not intending of playing the game until after I got up in the morning and only chimed because 1. Whatever Mac was doing was incredibly bad if town and I couldn't hold my tongue and 2. I stuck around purely for the sake of alexa and that's why I only responded to her questions.
Can you give me a current POE/Gamesolve? (Ignore if you already have, I'll see it on catchup)
I think you/Mac/Nanook/TSP probably wins us the game. If I'm misclearing somebody outside of that pool I'm 80% sure it's LC and he's the main person in my TRs that I want to look at again.

Ideally I want to narrow that down to just three names though.

As for the others, alexa I think is just hard town from stuff that happened last night that I'm not really going to get into tbh. illario I think is just completely out of his wolf range tbh. I'll look at him again at a later point in case he's revolutionised his wolf game but he's almost always just town. I think his EoD was towny as well. Esooa I was worried about misclearing too easily going into D2, especially with Alison flipping, but she's just been overwhelmingly towny today.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

in a recent wolf game I actually night killed ender specifically because his reads were wrong

that wasn't the main reason but like

I wanted to kill him to make him leave an incorrect legacy before he got to it and solved the game

it's actually good sometimes that good players are wrong early lol

like it's not a frame kill it's just.. premptive

what game will wolves not want to kill Alison?

Almost always she's killed unless she's being hard scum read persistently

so like they just do it
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:33 am Alison only makes sense as a nk specifically to make me look like shit. Her d1 reads were both town. She wasn't being a threat to the wolves. Which is why my first inclination was that her death spews Nanook/Esooa as always having one between them.

yes and guess what

she's gonna revaluate the game with a flip

wolves don't want that
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:29 am

I still don't get how you have this perspective but immediately scumread me and vote me for having the same opinion.
because FMPOV you're top on the list of people who would kill Alison obviously
but it's not like i've expressed any degree of certainty on you
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

ilario wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:35 am

Why does it make specifically essoa and nanook look bad?
They are the only players who kill Alison here when she is misreading the game. None of the rest of you have any reason to. Nanook and Esooa know the value of the play.
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Esooa wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:36 am

yes and guess what

she's gonna revaluate the game with a flip

wolves don't want that
people very rarely re-evaluate after flips
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

like my read on SPF in deck mafia was she was town because of NKA and you completely ignored it

i get that you don't like analyzing NKs esooa but i think you ignore it way too much when wolves pick night kills for a reason

Return to “Previous Heists”