Total votes: 13
EnderWiggin
Made Man
Posts in topic: 395
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: basic mafia [END]

Post by EnderWiggin »

Sall good.

At least you can hold your head higher than my 20something rereads of the thread and driving myself crazy
We can only trust the truth. Everything else is a lie.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 190

Post by MacDougall »

remember when I thunderdomed you
EnderWiggin
Made Man
Posts in topic: 395
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by EnderWiggin »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:46 pm remember when I thunderdomed you
I was fucking right.
We can only trust the truth. Everything else is a lie.
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 243
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

I thought Lu Ren was obvious town and she was also right about everything.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 23
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: basic mafia [DAY 3]

Post by Marmot »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:58 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:56 pm how is falcon clear again?
How he talked about the replacements
This is an angleshoot read Axe, and one of the reasons I modkilled falcon.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 97
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Tbh the falcon thing seemed fine to me
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 85

Post by DaughterOfOmega »

Alison wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:06 pm Wolves played great. I never thought Mac would tiebreak in favor of Bo over me after I suspected Dizzy and nook early on. Dizzy played wonderful too, keeping up the tension between the two of us and delaying resolution of the thunderdome by manipulating townies to push elsewhere instead. Nook preying on town vulnerabilities as usual. Really solid wolf play, and a great team I'm not ashamed to lose to.
When you were key in the loss, I'm glad you shifted to how great the mafia team was over how badly you played.

There's not a next time for me, so I feel alright in being pretty harsh. Since you seem to care a lot about these games, you need to be more understanding of others. Not only will you someday improve your ability to read the game, others might actually enjoying playing around you.
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

Was hoping for a different experience in my last syndicate game, but what happened this game is not really a surprise. At least I didn't suffer through more harassment.
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

the game was clearly lost by me and NAA smh alison did fine
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:57 pm the game was clearly lost by me and NAA smh alison did fine
I'm not in the mood to post again in this thread. Derailing me from the game immediately, as a fellow towny who could have solved this game, means Alice played horribly. I was not allowed to play this game comfortably or hell at all. I wanted to play and read, just relax and not feel harassed for signing up to a game of mafia. If you are ever the cause of making a town member feel this and not play the game, you have created a massive issue. We lost so much EV from a day one lynch that nobody even cared about, not a single town even tried to reengage with me. Town played so badly day one, that honestly didn't deserve to rebound.

I'm not going to argue further because it's obvious, and telling people truthful takes seems to be difficult here.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

whew feels glad I was a d2 sub after reading back that d1 just now
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 97
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Yeah d1 wasn't fun for either team
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: basic mafia [DAY 3]

Post by MacDougall »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:34 pm
EnderWiggin wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:33 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:24 pm I want Falcon reads. Dude's been parked on me all day.
Town.
Maybe I am the wolf after all. :ponder:
Alison

Post by Alison »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:44 pm
Alison wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:06 pm Wolves played great. I never thought Mac would tiebreak in favor of Bo over me after I suspected Dizzy and nook early on. Dizzy played wonderful too, keeping up the tension between the two of us and delaying resolution of the thunderdome by manipulating townies to push elsewhere instead. Nook preying on town vulnerabilities as usual. Really solid wolf play, and a great team I'm not ashamed to lose to.
When you were key in the loss, I'm glad you shifted to how great the mafia team was over how badly you played.

There's not a next time for me, so I feel alright in being pretty harsh. Since you seem to care a lot about these games, you need to be more understanding of others. Not only will you someday improve your ability to read the game, others might actually enjoying playing around you.
I had 2/3 mafia on D2 and tunnelled them to the end of the game. I don't think getting rid of a neg utility townie makes me key in the loss.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Personally I enjoy a reasonably strong degree of success in mafia and people generally enjoy playing with me and invite me to their games. On the other hand you have been permanently banned from one mafia site (including a recent attempt to evade that ban) and are now stating your intentions to leave another. I don't think you're in a position to be telling me what is the best way to play games in a way that makes others not dislike playing with me.
Alison

Post by Alison »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:03 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:57 pm the game was clearly lost by me and NAA smh alison did fine
I'm not in the mood to post again in this thread. Derailing me from the game immediately, as a fellow towny who could have solved this game, means Alice played horribly. I was not allowed to play this game comfortably or hell at all. I wanted to play and read, just relax and not feel harassed for signing up to a game of mafia. If you are ever the cause of making a town member feel this and not play the game, you have created a massive issue. We lost so much EV from a day one lynch that nobody even cared about, not a single town even tried to reengage with me. Town played so badly day one, that honestly didn't deserve to rebound.

I'm not going to argue further because it's obvious, and telling people truthful takes seems to be difficult here.
You need to stop treating being called scum as a personal attack. Nobody insulted or harassed you, you were just voted off because most players in this game thought you were scum. I don't consider your death to have been a great loss for town either since you weren't scumhunting at all and were just posting song lyrics.

On the other hand based off D1 dynamics I was able to identify both Dizzy and nanook as scum on D2, so I don't think it was a failure of the day.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

the sun sets, the tides rise and fall, and w!dizzy sweeps 👍
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

Alison wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:32 pm Personally I enjoy a reasonably strong degree of success in mafia and people generally enjoy playing with me and invite me to their games. On the other hand you have been permanently banned from one mafia site (including a recent attempt to evade that ban) and are now stating your intentions to leave another. I don't think you're in a position to be telling me what is the best way to play games in a way that makes others not dislike playing with me.
Imagine posting this.

I can't imagine how much of a douchebag that I'd need to be to ever bring this up to someone in a discussion of my own negative behavior.

I take things personal? Hmm. Maybe someday when you drop act Alice, and you become self aware of your actions toward others, you can become a decent human being. LMK when

Bringing up a former ban, my past, and issues. Go the fuck outside sometime in your life
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

Alison wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:32 pm Personally I enjoy a reasonably strong degree of success in mafia and people generally enjoy playing with me and invite me to their games. On the other hand you have been permanently banned from one mafia site (including a recent attempt to evade that ban) and are now stating your intentions to leave another. I don't think you're in a position to be telling me what is the best way to play games in a way that makes others not dislike playing with me.
If you're going to be a douchebag, get your facts straight about my ban before ever talking about me again. Or you can just shut the fuck up about things you have no clue about, I'm glad you made things personal with shit you have no idea about, just show your well put together personality.
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

I'm glad the modstaff on this site are fine with what you posted Alice, and the use of my past to harass me. Gives me a good feeling that I was right in not playing again. Thanks for pushing me away from mafia, I needed more motivation
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

Pretty pathetic staff response. Don't worry staff allowing BenjiAO to get abused is pretty classic. Peace, glad that was my last memory
Alison

Post by Alison »

I think your posts have only proven and reinforced what I've said about you.
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

Alison wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:17 pm I think your posts have only proven and reinforced what I've said about you.
Alison. You brought up something from 3 years ago, that you have no idea about. Just to devalue my feelings and opinions. This is fact. Now instead of being like this, how about we be a real discussion, and explain to me why you think what you just posted was okay about me?

Do you want to have a serious discussion, or do you want to just be a robot who personally dehumanized me because I critiqued your behavior in a forum game?

I'm good to go. I've had to play with plenty of people like you who have abused me by using my past against me. I don't mind keeping this going.
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

Oh no you wouldn't want to do that Alison. You went so far as to using my past when you weren't around to belittle my humanity and feelings about what you did.

Instead of telling me why what you did was fine and the correct way to do things, you relied on putting me down and hurting me. That's what you did, not me. You are defending your actions with telling me how bad of a human I am.

So I guess as long as the other person made mistakes in their life, you can justify anything you have done. Good
Alison

Post by Alison »

I brought it up because it is evidence that you aren't a good source on how to get along with others in mafia. What do you think was objectionable about broaching the subject? What I said was factually accurate and cogent to the discussion at hand (what is and isn't an acceptable way to behave in mafia games).
Alison

Post by Alison »

I don't think it's particularly dehumanizing to bring up your ban Rachel. Being banned doesn't make you less of a human being, and virtually nobody would suggest otherwise. As for the accusation that I am attacking your character rather than defending my own actions, I've done plenty of that. I've shown, for example, that the D1 exe on you wasn't particularly detrimental to town insofar as you weren't putting forth a terribly large amount of effort to solve the game, and that the wagon dynamics generated by your exe actually helped in identifying mafia. So personally, I think my play this game was fine, and I parked my vote on a mafia member every day after D1. That's my argument as to why what I did was correct.
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

Alison wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:24 pm I brought it up because it is evidence that you aren't a good source on how to get along with others in mafia. What do you think was objectionable about broaching the subject? What I said was factually accurate and cogent to the discussion at hand (what is and isn't an acceptable way to behave in mafia games).
So because a mafia site banned me 3 years ago, means I don't have a good understanding of what it means to be a good person

Oh wow, I didn't know.

Do you know why I was banned Alison? Go read the Mu ban log for your first hint, but let me layout the last event. It's similar to right now, someone like you was doing negative things in a mafia game, bullied me, and then I said "you make me want to cut myself"

My ban had nothing to do with being disliked, or not knowing how to be a decent human. I was banned for being mentally unstable and being bipolar.

I'm glad that mental illness for you is a reason for you to label me as dumb and not having any value.

Here's a tip, when everyone hates you, you learn more than anyone else on what it means to be a good person. I had to learn every aspect of how to treat people better, and I shared with you some of the things I learned during my time.

It's kind of ironic Alison, because how you acted this game and in the post game would draw a lot of similarities to a person named BenjiAO from Mu during 2018.
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

Alison wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:27 pm I don't think it's particularly dehumanizing to bring up your ban Rachel. Being banned doesn't make you less of a human being, and virtually nobody would suggest otherwise. As for the accusation that I am attacking your character rather than defending my own actions, I've done plenty of that. I've shown, for example, that the D1 exe on you wasn't particularly detrimental to town insofar as you weren't putting forth a terribly large amount of effort to solve the game, and that the wagon dynamics generated by your exe actually helped in identifying mafia. So personally, I think my play this game was fine, and I parked my vote on a mafia member every day after D1. That's my argument as to why what I did was correct.
See, you really do remind me of Benji from 2+2

Your perspective is wrong, which makes every conclusion following also incorrect. You are valuing YOUR READS, RESULTS, over the emotions/feelings of people who signed up to play a GAME.

Someone told you how they felt after what you did, and your response was "Well I ended up finding mafia, that's all that matters"

I don't know if you are a sociopath, or slighted toward that, but if so try and read about emotions some.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

It may not seem like it to you Rachel but you are the one being aggressive and insulting not vice versa. Alison is just defending herself. Just take a break please this isn't pleasant to read.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Well, it's not just the ban 3 years ago. You've made periodic attempts to evade that ban using alternate accounts. When these alternate accounts are discovered to be your alts, they're re-banned, and this is logged in the Ban Announcement Thread on MU. This is important because it suggests an ongoing pattern of behavior, rather than a mistake 3 years ago that you've learned from. The last banned alt was a mere 6 days ago - so your problematic behavioral patterns don't extend to the past, but rather continue on into the present. This, too, is something I brought up when I initially mentioned your ban.

Saying that you want to cut yourself as a result of what goes on in a game of mafia is, I think, an excellent illustration of my point that you get overly emotional as a result of being scumread and respond with toxic and negative behavior. Threatening self-harm as a result of what goes on in-game is terrible behavior, and adversely affects everyone in the game. This is why you were banned, and whatever the cause of this behavior, it's unacceptable both on MU and on virtually every game in the Syndicate. I had a game that explicitly allowed extreme AtE, as an experiment, and I would have modkilled anyone who tried this, for instance.

It's interesting, then, that you draw a comparison between me and yourself from 2018. I'm not mentally unstable or bipolar - the things that you said got you banned in 2018. Nor do I react emotionally or threaten self-harm when things don't go my way in a mafia game. Nor does "everyone hate [me]" - a characterization that you claim describes yourself back in 2018. I'd love to hear what similarities you're finding between me and you from 2018, but all the things you've mentioned about yourself from that time period don't track with what I'm seeing from myself.
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1

Post by tutuu »

alison has aspergers, her brain is wired in a different way (as is yours, as is mine). u wont get anywhere with this DOOM, ive been in a similar situation as u are. from your pov she is being passive aggresive and is just trying her best to bring u down, from her pov she is just saying everything that makes sense. best to just drop it and quit mafia, its not rly for emotional people like us i dont think. find a non-mafia community to chill with and socialize, i bet theres 1 million discord servers out there. i got a girlfriend for the 1st time 1 month after i quit mafia. guaranteed success

swag
Alison

Post by Alison »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:33 pm Your perspective is wrong, which makes every conclusion following also incorrect. You are valuing YOUR READS, RESULTS, over the emotions/feelings of people who signed up to play a GAME.

Someone told you how they felt after what you did, and your response was "Well I ended up finding mafia, that's all that matters"

I don't know if you are a sociopath, or slighted toward that, but if so try and read about emotions some.
1) That's correct. I am aware that you are upset about me pushing you D1. I value my results over this feeling, and that seems obviously correct to me. If I were to drop my scumread on someone every time someone got upset at me for it, I would never be able to push scum. Conversely, I would suggest that it's the responsibility of the player not to get angry at other players for playing the game, and to refrain from excessive displays of AtE. I do not see it as unjustified for me to have a suspicion in a mafia game and act on it, and while it's unfortunate that you had such a strong emotional reaction to it, I'm not going to let it stop me from playing the game. You are always welcome to either a) sub out of the game or b) speak to the moderator on duty if you feel that the game is negatively affecting your life. Otherwise, the job of other players is to advance their win condition, not protect your feelings.

2) This is not what being a sociopath means.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Hey yall chill pls
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

Alison wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:36 pm Well, it's not just the ban 3 years ago. You've made periodic attempts to evade that ban using alternate accounts. When these alternate accounts are discovered to be your alts, they're re-banned, and this is logged in the Ban Announcement Thread on MU. This is important because it suggests an ongoing pattern of behavior, rather than a mistake 3 years ago that you've learned from. The last banned alt was a mere 6 days ago - so your problematic behavioral patterns don't extend to the past, but rather continue on into the present. This, too, is something I brought up when I initially mentioned your ban.

Saying that you want to cut yourself as a result of what goes on in a game of mafia is, I think, an excellent illustration of my point that you get overly emotional as a result of being scumread and respond with toxic and negative behavior. Threatening self-harm as a result of what goes on in-game is terrible behavior, and adversely affects everyone in the game. This is why you were banned, and whatever the cause of this behavior, it's unacceptable both on MU and on virtually every game in the Syndicate. I had a game that explicitly allowed extreme AtE, as an experiment, and I would have modkilled anyone who tried this, for instance.

It's interesting, then, that you draw a comparison between me and yourself from 2018. I'm not mentally unstable or bipolar - the things that you said got you banned in 2018. Nor do I react emotionally or threaten self-harm when things don't go my way in a mafia game. Nor does "everyone hate [me]" - a characterization that you claim describes yourself back in 2018. I'd love to hear what similarities you're finding between me and you from 2018, but all the things you've mentioned about yourself from that time period don't track with what I'm seeing from myself.
See I can tell how biased you are here. You have an assumed idea of who I am, or how things went down. Let's go break down where you make wrong assumptions here.

"Well, it's not just the ban 3 years ago. You've made periodic attempts to evade that ban using alternate accounts. It shows a pattern of behavior"

Well you also assume something here, that ban evading has anything to do with me being a bad person, or harassing others. I have never been coached, infracted, or warned on any of my alts. Actually I was once nominated for award on one alt, called "the best new member" by a mod staff member. Dya said "Bruce, I hope you stick around, I'm glad to have you. You are what I want more of on MU" regarding my first alt account. So you assume my ban evading is a pattern of some negative behavior, when in reality my ban evading was always attached to me showing the modstaff how I had returned a stable mental condition, and I used the alts to try and get an appeal to my permanent ban. Recently I was told I'd not recieve an appeal, so I asked for an IP ban and won't ever ban evade again. See how since you know nothing, your assumption just made you wrong?

"Saying that you want to cut yourself as a result of what goes on in a game of mafia is, I think, an excellent illustration of my point that you get overly emotional as a result of being scumread and respond with toxic and negative behavior."

Oh no, another ignorant assumption. A user had been harassing me in game, was asked to stop, and then he doubled down with a gif, and then did it again. He was actually town reading me for a decent portion of the game. See how wrong you are?

"It's interesting, then, that you draw a comparison between me and yourself from 2018. I'm not mentally unstable or bipolar"

The comparison I made was this. I used to put mafia over the feelings of others. Which is what you are putting value in
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

locking temporarily to shut down... whatever this is. seems like something that should be resolved privately and shouldn't take over postgame discussion. I'll leave reopening to @Marmot's discretion.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 4
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

If this thread is reopened:

- Do not discuss site bans for any user, regardless of the site.
- Do not engage in public dispute that can even be interpreted as personal. Contact the staff.
- Blame losing only on the team that won.
- Respect each other, respect Marmot, respect the game, and respect the community.
- If any of the above cannot be achieved, contact the staff. Feel free to contact me.

Multiple people are in the wrong here. I’m not interested in assigning blame beyond that. Further conversation must be constructive. Thank you.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 4
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Marmot agreed to reopen the thread. Please do not carry on the discussion that led to its being locked. Celebrate the winners!
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 68

Post by fingersplints »

Good game everyone. I was quite surprised by my NK. I thought at that point Mac and Dizzy had to be mafia, and while I don’t think I voiced it I was starting to believe I was probably wrong in my town read of nanook. I almost certainly would have wasted quite some time going after tsp though XD

Thanks for the game @Marmot :hug:
Gro-oo-ovy
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

The main thought behind it was that I needed a kill that cleared me because I had every intention of just hellbussing Dizzy that day. Luckbox kept pushing FS/Mac as w/w and I wanted his gamestate to get rocked also. Not that I cared about what it would do to him. I just wanted his confidence to be undermined.
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 283
Preferred Pronouns: HE

Post by NotAnAxehole »

I could have got there, but partially didn't re-read because I thought it would point to a conclusion that I couldn't be bothered pushing.

Anyway, I didn't take over the game thread, and didn't read... So I definitely feel like I can consider myself void of blame. TBH, this one is on Alison.
Russian Machine Never Breaks 769 #3
2022 Stats
| Overall 4-6 40% | Town 4-6 40% | Mafia 0-0 - |

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
| Overall 6-5 55% | Town 4-5 44% | Mafia 2-0 100% |
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Oh, sorry... Just read.

Good Job Nanook
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
Alison

Post by Alison »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:40 am I could have got there, but partially didn't re-read because I thought it would point to a conclusion that I couldn't be bothered pushing.

Anyway, I didn't take over the game thread, and didn't read... So I definitely feel like I can consider myself void of blame. TBH, this one is on Alison.
How's it on me? I pushed Dizzy/Nook every single day while you were talking about how they should never be exed because Dizzy is cleared by vote movements.
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Alison wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:51 am
NotAnAxehole wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:40 am I could have got there, but partially didn't re-read because I thought it would point to a conclusion that I couldn't be bothered pushing.

How's it on me? I pushed Dizzy/Nook every single day while you were talking about how they should never be exed because Dizzy is cleared by vote movements.
You took over the game, and never successfully killed mafia.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Also, I don't think this discussion is appropriate Alison, if you need some pointers, you can reach out on discord.

Good job Nanook
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
Alison

Post by Alison »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:55 am
Alison wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:51 am

You took over the game, and never successfully killed mafia.
Oh, I see. So if one person loudly and correctly proclaims who the mafia are, and the rest of the thread stubbornly refuses to listen, the game's loss is the fault of the first person.

Why are there so many people coming into postgame to blame the loss on me after I was proven right? You don't see me going around claiming we lost because you were 100% convinced nook and Dizzy were town, do you? I praised the mafia team's performance and left it at that. Don't be a sore loser.
Alison

Post by Alison »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:57 am Also, I don't think this discussion is appropriate Alison, if you need some pointers, you can reach out on discord.

Good job Nanook
Don't fucking come into the thread blaming me for the loss after JJJ specifically instructed people not to blame each other then.
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Alison wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:59 am
NotAnAxehole wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:57 am Also, I don't think this discussion is appropriate Alison, if you need some pointers, you can reach out on discord.

Good job Nanook
Don't fucking come into the thread blaming me for the loss after JJJ specifically instructed people not to blame each other then.
Sorry, I didn't read that part.

Good Job Nanook
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Alison wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:58 am You don't see me going around claiming we lost because you were 100% convinced nook and Dizzy were town, do you?
I independently scum read Dizzy and Mac, the issue is I came into the game with the assumption that Nanook is town, and he town read his two partners, so it was unwinnable for me.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
Alison

Post by Alison »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:55 pm Image

Something... Something... Something... DaughterOfOmega.

Is Dizzy just confirmed town?
NotAnAxehole wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:32 am I feel like this thread has been just a wolfy circle jerk for the past couple pages. Dizzy is almost cleared inno child by vote logic, so naturally, they are going to die today.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Again. Don't blame me for your own mistakes. You misread Nanook, and that caused you to misread Dizzy and Mac. You had an argument based on vote logic that Dizzy was town. Own up to your beliefs, own up that your reads were wrong, and stop being so egoistical that you blame the person who actually had correct reads for the loss simply because you refused to believe her.

Return to “Previous Heists”