(Host/Mod/Dead)
63%

Total votes: 8
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 281

Re: The Hobbit Mafia: Day 12

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:I just have to say that all of you guys were so awesome; sometimes being the Mod means you have to say things to people that they don't like, like, "Chill out, throttle back, STFU!!!!!" and you guys barely gave me and Russti any grief whatsoever when it came to that. We said "Stop" and you did. I have hosted/played games where that was not the case, so please know that I mean it :noble:

There was a high drama level early in the game, but IMO that was all about passion. You guys rocked :)
Can you get Russti to modkill juliets and resurrect me? Thanks. :D
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 31

Post by A Person »

fingersplints wrote:Congratulations juliets! You played a great game!

I loved all my btsc. MM, TH, DP, AP, Kyle. <3 You guys were awesome

bullz, I switched llamas vote. That might have done it
I wish I could've gone down with you guys. :biggrin:
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 84

Post by Leamiteo »

Congrats juliets! And thanks, Russti, for being an awesome host of an awesome game! I had a great time. Space Daisy and rewayS were fabulous teammates; it was so fun to have BTSC as civvies. :D
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 109
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

OH MY GOD I cant believe I won! This is the first time I've had the SK role that I can remember. My plan was to kill in no order that made any sense - basically random killing. It did matter when we got down to the end though especially the last kill. Epig, I tried to second guess you and guessed that you were likely to have a night save so I killed Snowy last. Snowy, are you really upset that I killed you? I hope not and I sure hope you play mafia again. I wasn't unkillable by the way - i was protected some nights and I was protected some lynches but not all of them. I decided to use my money on votes but only when I thought i needed to which wasn't until toward the end.

Russti i told you before we knew how this would turn out that I loved your game and it didn't matter who won I had a lot of fun with my role. Epig, Snowy, Kyle I just didnt know how that would turn out at the end, you were great foes. Ok family time now, I cant wait to see Russti's game breakdown.

Thank you everyone for the congrats!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 152

Post by Dom »

And I didn't say it before, but I'll say it now:

Thank you so much, Russ, for a wonderful game. I had so much fun playing even though I had no team after day three. I tried so hard to win the game, and I regret that Hedgowl NK more than anything. You put so much work into the game, and I appreciate it so so much. I don't care that I lost, and had very little chance of winning. A good enough game makes up for that!

Juliets, I cannot believe how masterfully you played. Well done! I, when I died (didn't follow much afterwards), thought Epig was Smaug. A hundred congrats are in order on your part. Brava!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

juliets wrote:OH MY GOD I cant believe I won! This is the first time I've had the SK role that I can remember. My plan was to kill in no order that made any sense - basically random killing. It did matter when we got down to the end though especially the last kill. Epig, I tried to second guess you and guessed that you were likely to have a night save so I killed Snowy last. Snowy, are you really upset that I killed you? I hope not and I sure hope you play mafia again. I wasn't unkillable by the way - i was protected some nights and I was protected some lynches but not all of them. I decided to use my money on votes but only when I thought i needed to which wasn't until toward the end.

Russti i told you before we knew how this would turn out that I loved your game and it didn't matter who won I had a lot of fun with my role. Epig, Snowy, Kyle I just didnt know how that would turn out at the end, you were great foes. Ok family time now, I cant wait to see Russti's game breakdown.

Thank you everyone for the congrats!
You done GOOD. :slick:
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Boogs »

Yay I can finally talk because my iPad is fixed!

Okay so omg! I did totally lie guys and I apologiZe! I was trying to find a new job and was busy and was not all on the game the beginning, and I admit I am not so good in large games. So, I misread my role when I could talk again which created the lie. But, my power secret as Gaelor was that I have a 1/6 chance of becoming drunk. So, I became drunk which DID make me really silenced and I could NOT vote. I didn't keep my mouth shut which put Bullz and Spaghetti in jeopardy and caused me to be center of all that controversy. But, if I had read my role correctly I could have pulled off my lie that I was drunk from Vitner... But alas we saw how it played out. My lie got me far, but I got lynched sadly :(
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 61
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

God damn, I can't stress enough this really was a great game. I can't believe how much fun I had watching every post after I died, even though my team went down in flames.

So many people played SO WELL this game. The final players, all of you totally deserved to win; it was a shame you couldn't have.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 56
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

This game was amazing, I'm so glad juliets won. :0 I was kicking myself after I missed that vote... I was going to spend all my money on extra votes and hope it was enough to survive. It might not have been but... I had hope. Lol. Anyways congrats Juliet. :)

I loved our team. It was a lot of fun playing with you guys and I hope to team up again soon. <3

Thank you host for an excellent game. :)
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 190
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Thank you all so much! I had a great time hosting (terrific, actually, for the most part), and I was continually stunned and humbled by your involvment and passion for the game. It was extremely rewarding.

I should also say, S~V~S did three times as good a job as mod as I did as a host. She was incredible in every way, and literally deserves a medal. She really made my first game a breeze both beforehand by helping me with the balance, and during by teaching me the mechanics of hosting and keeping drama from interfering with my hostly duties. So S~V~S, I am definitely in your debt big time.

Role list and secret reveals coming now! My run-through of all the events will have to wait until at least the weekend, unfortunately.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

The Hobbit Mafia
Bilbo Baggins -- Mongoose
Possessor of the Ring, which gives him special powers. Also the dwarves' burglar, despite being a homebody. Initially doubted by the dwarves, he continually goes up in their estimation.
Gains +1 vote every 3 Day periods. May have the opportunity to burgle from Smaug. (Would have burgled 2000 gold from Smaug if he had reached the cave.)

Gandalf -- thellama73
Wizard and friend to Bilbo and the dwarves. Known for his smoke rings and fireworks. Wields the sword Glamdring, the Foe-Hammer, known to the Goblin Town Goblins as Beater.
May send messages to players via PM nightly. Also knows magic spells. (Secret - once per game, can turn Night into Day or vice versa. If The Great Goblin attempts to kill him, the kill fails and he recognizes the goblin.)

Bard -- birdwithteeth11
Lake Town resident, charismatic leader, and valiant archer. Owner of a Black Arrow, the only weapon ever to pierce Smaug's armored hide.
(Secret - If attacked by Smaug, he survives, and Smaug loses all protections.)

Thorin Oakenshield -- Vompatti
King of the Dwarves, rightful ruler of the Lonely Mountain, experienced fighter, and leader of the expedition to defeat Smaug. Wields Orcrist, the Goblin-Cleaver, known to the orcs of Moria as Biter.
Protects a player nightly with his oaken shield. (Secret - If attacked by Bolg, he finds out who Bolg is.)

Other Dwarves

Kili -- Captain Bunny Killer
Brother of Fili. The two youngest dwarves have the sharpest eyes of the group.
Uses his good sight to see manipulations during votes. Targets a player once per night and learns what their vote counted for the previous day.

Fili -- DFaraday
Brother of Kili. The two youngest dwarves have the sharpest eyes of the group.
Uses his good sight to see what happens at night. Targets a player and sees who else targeted them during the same Night.

Dwalin -- insertnamehere
Brother of Balin and one of the two eldest dwarves.
Because he is so old and wise, he is an experienced riddler. May receive hints to riddles during the game.

Balin -- juliets
Brother of Dwalin and one of the two eldest dwarves.
Deferred to by the other dwarves. He does not carry a pack and thus walks ahead, receiving information on night polls.

Bifur -- Ninja Blooper
Cousin of Bofur and Bombur.
Is often overlooked, and thus will not be affected by non-kill night powers.

Bofur -- kneel4justice
Brother of Bombur. Often winds up in the rearguard for this reason.
Prevents a player from voting in night polls or answering riddles every night.

Bombur -- Hedgeowl
Brother of Bofur. Fattest, slowest dwarf, tends to sleep through important events.
Forces a player to carry him every night, rendering them incapable of carrying out other night actions.

Dori -- reywaS
Brother of Nori and Ori.
BTSC with Nori and Ori. As long as all 3 brothers survive, they may add 1 to any player's vote total per day. If 2 brothers survive, they may add .5 instead.

Nori -- Spacedaisy
Brother of Dori and Ori.
BTSC with Dori and Ori. As long as all 3 brothers survive, they may add 1 to any player's vote total per day. If 2 brothers survive, they may add .5 instead.

Ori -- Leamiteo
Brother of Dori and Nori.
BTSC with Dori and Nori. As long as all 3 brothers survive, they may add 1 to any player's vote total per day. If 2 brothers survive, they may add .5 instead.

Oin -- Epignosis
Brother of Gloin. Noted for his skill at firemaking.
Lights a fire each night that interrupts BTSC. Targeted player/player's group loses any BTSC for the next day period.

Gloin -- T.H
Brother of Oin. Noted for his skill at firemaking.
Stokes a fire each night, which illuminates clandestine conversation and makes public a random snippet of BTSC.

Indies
Win Conditions: survive to the end.
No BTSC.

Gollum -- Kylemii
A pitiful, miserable creature and the owner of a Ring of Power (these facts are connected). Lives alone in a cave, eating raw fish and practicing riddles.
Secret - Searches every night for Bilbo, either alive or dead. If he finds him, he takes the Precious, gaining a lynch and NK protection. He also has a 50% chance of killing the Hobbit if he is alive.

Mayor of Lake Town -- Snow Dog
Men's hearts are greedy and lust after gold. Their loyalty is for sale. The influential Mayor is no exception.
The Mayor accepts bids for his vote, which is worth 3, nightly. He can use the gold he earns to buy armor and gain protections.

Wood Elves
Win Conditions: Wood Elves begin as an indy team, able to win with any team. Their alignment may change based on Wood Elf Points, which quantify their relationship with other factions.
Have BTSC with each other.

Wood Elf King -- Bullzeye
Ruler of the Wood-Elves, he engages in trade, but is distrustful and slow to form friendships.
Sends Gold to a player of his choice nightly. (Gives Wood Elf points as well.)

Wood Elf Gaoler -- Boogs
Protects the Wood Elves from men and other thieves who would have their treasure.
Jails a player nightly, rendering them unable to post or vote the next Day. Subtracts Wood Elf Points if successful. (Secret - has a 1/6 chance of becoming drunk, making his power useless that Night and rendering himself unable to post or vote.).

Wood Elf Vintner -- >SpaghettiEverywhere
Makes the Wood-Elves' (in)famous wine, the effects of which are notorious.
Invites a player to drink with him nightly. The vintage is unknown to the recipient. Is insulted if a player refuses his offering. (Secret - Actually did not have a secret. I meant to delete this but apparently forgot. Oops.)

Goblin Town Goblins
Win Conditions: Outnumber or kill the Dwarves and their allies, kill the rival Moria Goblins, and defeat Smaug.
Have BTSC.

The Great Goblin -- TH 2.0
Ruler of Goblin Town, deep in the Misty Mountains.
Directs the kill for his team on odd nights. This power will pass to his appointed successor if he dies. (Secret - If he dies, the kills have a 33% fail rate. This does not happen if he has been previously revealed by Gandalf.)

Goblin Torturer -- Kylemii 2.0/A Person
Goblin specializing in making and using instruments of torture.
Insanifies a player each night.

Goblin Thief -- DisgruntledPorcupine
A sticky-fingered goblin.
Robs a player (except Smaug) of their Gold nightly.

Goblin Sapper -- Metalmarsh89
Goblin with an affinity for fire and explosives.
(Secret).

Goblin Inventor -- fingersplints
Goblin who creates mechanical devices with devious purposes.
Creates items such as armor and weapons for his tribe.

Moria Goblins
Win Conditions: outnumber or kill the Dwarves and their allies, kill the rival Goblin Town goblins, and defeat Smaug.
Have BTSC.

Bolg -- Dom
A fearsome albino goblin warrior, who killed Thorin's father outside of Moria.
Directs his team's kill on even nights (the kills continue if he dies, however). (Secret - if he dies, the kill has a 33% fail rate. This does not happen if he was previously revealed by Thorin.)

Bolg's Warg -- Elohcin
Chieftain of the Wargs, the steeds of the goblins. Albino like Bolg, it is a fearsome, wolflike beast.
May injure a player's pony each night. The player will have to walk the next day, and because they lag behind the group their vote will not be heard.

Goblin Sapper -- FZ.
Goblin with an affinity for fire and explosives.
Every night, can plant bombs on other players. These have a 1/3 chance of killing a voter at random if the chosen player is lynched.

The Necromancer -- MovingPictures07
A shadowy, ominous presence that rules the southern reaches of Mirkwood.
Every second Night, may turn his Eye upon a player, learning their role. (Secrets.)

Rogue
Win Conditions: kill everyone to protect your treasure.

Smaug the Dragon -- juliets 2.0/Lizzy
Also known as Smaug the Deceiver, this fat dragon hoards a fortune in gold and precious jewels under the Lonely Mountain. Though only remembered by the dwarves and the oldest residents of Lake Town, this mythical creature is still the terror of the East. He is covered in impenetrable armor and can breathe gouts of flame.
Begins the game with 2500 Gold. (Secrets - NKs nightly beginning on Night 3. Is protected from lynches on odd days and NKs on even nights.)[/center][/quote]
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

That should be it, for now! I have lots to say, particularly to a number of players whom I thought played brilliantly and whom I was sad to see go. I also have tons of riddle answers and game mechanics to explain, so expect a big post from me sometime soon if you're interested in all that!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Snow Dog wrote:was it even possible for Smaug to die.

As a side note if she had killed epi i woud have won too.
Snow Dog wrote:This is why Mafia sucks I quit. So long folks.
I hate to be like this, but I can't resist saying it: if your plan was to win with Smaug, you could've bought protections or votes instead of a dagger, and you could've voted with juliets on the final day to show her you were on her side. You would've been guaranteed victory. You threw your lot in with the civs and it didn't pan out. That's no reason to be bitter. You still played a hell of a game, and the fact that you lost came down to a coin toss. You literally gave yourself a 50% chance to win in a field of 31 players, and that's not half bad.
Dom wrote:And I didn't say it before, but I'll say it now:

Thank you so much, Russ, for a wonderful game. I had so much fun playing even though I had no team after day three. I tried so hard to win the game, and I regret that Hedgowl NK more than anything. You put so much work into the game, and I appreciate it so so much. I don't care that I lost, and had very little chance of winning. A good enough game makes up for that!

Juliets, I cannot believe how masterfully you played. Well done! I, when I died (didn't follow much afterwards), thought Epig was Smaug. A hundred congrats are in order on your part. Brava!
Thanks, Dom! I was super impressed with how hard you fought, given the ridiculous circumstances against you, and you were gracious in defeat as well. More on this later.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 187
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Epignosis wrote: A pity I didn't spend my money more wisely. And I had a lot of it.
I had about 2400 when I died. If I'd been careful I could've been unlynchable at the end. How much did everyone else have? If I sent someone cash it basically meant I liked things they were saying or was trying to hint to them. I sent Snow money on night one to apologise for the random vote during the day, and TH (maybe Dom too?) got some for defending Boogs.
After surviving my first kill, I kept buying leather vests. I was, after my the first attempt on my life, un-NKable. I wasn't expecting MM to fuck up the numbers like he did. Had I never bought another vest, I could have amped up my voting, which might have changed things around.

After juliets tried to kill me, I figured that I didn't need votes, but that someone would NK me again soon. That never happened, and it cost me.
Actually, I was perfectly okay with being lynched, because I knew that I could take two players with me. FYI, the last player that voted me, as well as the player who voted me of my choice were the ones who would die. Juliets did survive the fireworks only because she wasn't chosen, not because of her role.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Hedgeowl »

Dom wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Epignosis wrote: A pity I didn't spend my money more wisely. And I had a lot of it.
I had about 2400 when I died. If I'd been careful I could've been unlynchable at the end. How much did everyone else have? If I sent someone cash it basically meant I liked things they were saying or was trying to hint to them. I sent Snow money on night one to apologise for the random vote during the day, and TH (maybe Dom too?) got some for defending Boogs.
I think that's about what I had (partially thanks to you), in terms of gold.

HEDGIE WHY DID YOU HAVE TO HAVE A DAGGER WHYYYY WHYYY AHHH WHY
I WORKED SO HARD THIS GAME AHHHHH
I'm a lady that can't resist a sale Dom. I spent everything and maybe had 50 coins left. ;) Having that dagger made me feel like this:

That said, I was shocked, SHOCKED, when you NK'd me, because of all the suspicion on me at the time. I thought for sure it would be a waste to kill me. This was probably my greatest civvie contribution in any game ever and shall never be so good again. Too bad we didn't win, but major congrats to juliets for such an awesome win!!

As for voting, total luck picking MP as top voter to start and from there I blocked FZ first night, no death, and then followed my instincts for the next few votes. Not sure if the blocks made any difference though. Thank you Russti for what was an amazingly awesome and complex game. I have no idea how you stayed on top of half of it.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I had you pegged as the mayor Snow Dog, your vote when Llama was lynched made it obvious to me. Why didn't you join us then when we tried to recruit you? Did someone else already nab you?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
After surviving my first kill, I kept buying leather vests. I was, after my the first attempt on my life, un-NKable. I wasn't expecting MM to fuck up the numbers like he did. Had I never bought another vest, I could have amped up my voting, which might have changed things around.

After juliets tried to kill me, I figured that I didn't need votes, but that someone would NK me again soon. That never happened, and it cost me.
Actually, I was perfectly okay with being lynched, because I knew that I could take two players with me. FYI, the last player that voted me, as well as the player who voted me of my choice were the ones who would die. Juliets did survive the fireworks only because she wasn't chosen, not because of her role.
And to be fair, I would have chosen juliets, but I didn't know I was going to be lynched. Because I wasn't online when the lynch post was made, Russti picked a random player (between juliets and Spacedaisy) and SD happened to be the one. Just my luck.

I'm not upset about this, but I just wanted to make it clear that things may have turned out differently.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epi, who'd you target? We lost consecutive BTSC late in the game.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 408

Post by thellama73 »

Good game, everyone! Congrats juliets!

I really thought we could win this one, so I am a bit disappointed, but so many people played brilliantly (Dom and MetalMarsh throwing me off the track, and juliets of course). Great work to all.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 162

Post by fingersplints »

Epignosis wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:This is why Mafia sucks I quit. So long folks.
What?

If I were in Wales, I'd buy you a drink. We did our best and in the end it wasn't enough. I really, really thought I could win this one too, but it didn't happen. I would have had to do something counter-intuitive (I assume), which would have meant you STILL wouldn't have won.

You drove me nuts in this game, I want you to know. :p
I killed bwt over you two because I thought you both deserved the win if we couldn't have it. (no offense to bwt :) )
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I do hope Snow Dog comes back and gives us some insight on what bribes he would have accepted. After Epi accused me of being the mayor I really wanted to get in on the mayor bidding but was rejected ;(
Gro-oo-ovy
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Lizzy »

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH :dance: Bravo, Juliets! :hugs: Thanks for doing Smaug justice!

Heh! I killed Rey because I thought there was a strong possibility he was Bard. Good thing he wasn't. :blush:

Great game everyone! Sorry I had to abandon the game, but it looks like it was an inspired decision. Excellent job host! Not bad for a first timer (ifyouknowwhatimean).
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I neglected to also congratulate Lizzy who did an awesome job of being Smaug before I got the role.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Congrats juliets/Lizzy. I didn't realize you were Smaug until it was too late. Nor did I have any idea you would be that killable.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 19

Post by DFaraday »

Great game, Russ! And congratulations, Juliet!!!

And I have to say, Epi did really well seeing as he had a rather limited role.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 223

Post by kneel4justice »

Congratulations Juliets & Lizzy!
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Epi, who'd you target? We lost consecutive BTSC late in the game.
I had to piece it back together. I targeted:

1. Elohcin
2. Boogs
3. Mongoose
4. reywaS
5. Snow Dog
6. n/a
7. MetalMarsh89
8. fingersplints
9. Bullzeye
10. Snow Dog
11. fingersplints
12. no one

So 7 out of 10 of my targets had BTSC. :)

Also, hey fingersplints:
Epignosis wrote:Okay, you're right. Lots of the same old twaddle.

Here's a novel bit then.

fingersplints filled an "unfilled role" in this game.

The Townie Goblins have 5 roles and the Mostly-Dead Goblins have 4.

I think fingersplints joined up as the fifth Townie Goblin.

;)
:noble:
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I'm glad people didn't follow that. ;) I agonized over how to respond to that accusation.
Gro-oo-ovy
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 42
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Finally got to reliable Internet and can say GREAT GAME! Crazy how that turned out in the end...Thanks for a fabulous, well-done game, Russti! :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 152

Post by Dom »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Dom wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
I think that's about what I had (partially thanks to you), in terms of gold.

HEDGIE WHY DID YOU HAVE TO HAVE A DAGGER WHYYYY WHYYY AHHH WHY
I WORKED SO HARD THIS GAME AHHHHH
I'm a lady that can't resist a sale Dom. I spent everything and maybe had 50 coins left. ;) Having that dagger made me feel like this:

That said, I was shocked, SHOCKED, when you NK'd me, because of all the suspicion on me at the time. I thought for sure it would be a waste to kill me. This was probably my greatest civvie contribution in any game ever and shall never be so good again. Too bad we didn't win, but major congrats to juliets for such an awesome win!!

As for voting, total luck picking MP as top voter to start and from there I blocked FZ first night, no death, and then followed my instincts for the next few votes. Not sure if the blocks made any difference though. Thank you Russti for what was an amazingly awesome and complex game. I have no idea how you stayed on top of half of it.
I carried the kill though. ;) And we killed on even nights, so I don't think your block of FZ stopped anyone from dying. However, I killed you because I knew I would never be able to lynch you. I knew that other people would be far easier to lynch. While you had a decent amount of suspicion, I thought you'd be too hard to take out.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Ok! I have a few minutes here, so I'll post part of my notes from the game. You guys have already figured out a lot, it seems, but I'll put it out there anyway.

Day 1: MP was actually lynched by only one vote more than INH, despite how lopsided this lynch looked. That was partly due to Snow Dog's empowered vote. Today llama called out both Dom and FZ., which was hilarious to me because he kept saying how bad his instincts were and later pulled a complete 180 on Dom.

Night 1: Epi was already on to Eloh. He silenced the Moria Goblins through her, which did not help their already poor chances. The poll for this Night had varying results. Players who voted diary missed a PM from me at some point in the game. The only one whom this really hurt was juliets 1.0. She was supposed to get poll hints as her role power, but didn't one Night and PMed me about it. The others who voted this option either died before they could miss a PM or never got PMs from me (Mongoose, for example, had no Night actions or anything like that).

Probably most importantly for Night 1, Boogs' secret kicked in. This was a reference to the Wood-Elf Gaoler in the book getting drunk and letting Bilbo and the dwarves escape, but I didn't expect it to happen Night 1. He was furious. As Bullz noted, his explanation was probably just a bit too honest and later played a major role in his lynch.

The riddle answer was a snake.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 130

Post by Bullzeye »

Hey Russti, what amounts of Wood Elf points were each group on? Were we close to being stuck with any one particular group?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Juliets I have to ask.... The night I was lynched how many votes did you buy in order to ensure your survival? :0
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Kylemii wrote:Juliets I have to ask.... The night I was lynched how many votes did you buy in order to ensure your survival? :0
Kyle, I thought for sure Epi had more than three votes so I purchased 5. Did you purchase votes as well that night?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Russti I hope you will post more behind the scenes stuff like you did for day 1. Just one day at a time would be fine.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

juliets wrote:
Kylemii wrote:Juliets I have to ask.... The night I was lynched how many votes did you buy in order to ensure your survival? :0
Kyle, I thought for sure Epi had more than three votes so I purchased 5. Did you purchase votes as well that night?
I missed the vote so I didn't get to purchase any, I could only hve purchased 2 with the gold I had, so its comforting to me that I would have still died even if I hadn't missed the vote :0

(at least that's what I'm telling myself lol)
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Russti, will the banners be in this thread?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

juliets wrote:Russti I hope you will post more behind the scenes stuff like you did for day 1. Just one day at a time would be fine.
I will! There's lots more exciting stuff, IMO. I just moved to Cleveland and started a new job, and things are absolutely frantic (and I just got Internet today). But as soon as I get the chance, I will be posting more!

And I am told Annie is working on banners (thanks Annie!) and will be posting them here.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Hi everyone!

I know it has been 2 months since this game ended (which is disgraceful to me). However, I think better late than never to fill you all in on what actually happened behind the scenes of the game. So, here's more wrap-up:

Bullzeye wrote:Hey Russti, what amounts of Wood Elf points were each group on? Were we close to being stuck with any one particular group?
To answer this, the Civs actually ended the game with 42 Wood Elf Points. So they were 8 points away (that is, one Night target from you) from getting special bonuses from your powers. They probably would've made it, if they hadn't kept trying to lynch Boogs. Every vote for him deducted from their score. I know you guys were trying to stay neutral, and I was curious about whether you'd pull it off.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Day 2: Another successful lynch for the civs! At this point, half of Bolg's team was dead, and Elo was already pulling a lot of heat from Epi, who saw right through her (He had targeted her on Night 1, which silenced her team's BTSC. That was especially rough given all the heat they were taking.) I thought for a while that k4j could be lynched, but Lea, Spacedaisy, and reywaS put all their votes (including their extra one) on FZ. to seal it.

Night 2: The poll here Was the first effect of having forgotten something. Sam Gamgee was smart enough to bring a rope in Lord of the Rings, which I was reading at the time, and he waxed on about how essential one is. I tried to make leaving the path sound scary, but only those who elected to ignore Beorn's warning and swim got silenced for the first half of the next Day. Elo was blocked from voting in the poll AND role blocked for the Night. Epi continued his streak of using his power successfully, getting the Wood Elves' BTSC canceled through Boogs. Mongoose accepted a drink from Boogs and would have been silenced by his wine, but she was protected by Vomps. Finally, the riddle was a doozy: only juliets and Vompers got it. The answer was "quill" (and I would also have accepted bird).
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Day 3: This was a hell of a lot closer than it looked. Elo got lynched over Boogs 10 votes to 8, but it would've been 9-8 if her vote block the previous night hadn't been blocked, and 9-9 if Bullzeye had voted. However, those things didn't happen, which left Dom as the final Moria Goblin. Llama, to my utter shock, kind of dropped that suspicion completely.

Night 3:Players who had forgotten food or drink and refused to eat from the (benevolent, as it turned out) Wood Elf's feast got too hungry or thirsty and were silenced for the second half of Day 4. This covered all the groups from the Night 1 poll, so I had to start coming up with new stuff. Everyone who accepted any food or drink, regardless or previous poll answers, got +2 Wood Elf Points, and anyone who refused got -2. The poll confused lots of people because it was originally intended for only people who had forgotten food or drink in the Night 1 poll, and I felt bad about that.

I had fun with this Night. Someone got NKed but I didn't have to say whom (it was juliets, and I was impressed that many seemed to figure that out, since there were a few inactives. The Spiders, some of my favourite Hobbit characters, arrived, and Smaug awoke. I had originally planned to reveal that Smaug would kill nightly when it started happening, but Lizzy lobbied against it and I relented. I thought it would do no harm, because people would figure it out. Turns out I was wrong, and people were still unsure about why Smaug was killing even after I put in it a riddle. So I felt doubly bad about causing so much confusion, even though the story and action were at fun places for me. I was actually glad to see juliets' role go, to be honest. Coming up with hints on every Night poll was tough, and I was glad to be able to keep her in the game as Smaug. TH's role was sad to see go, because I thought it was inventive, and the baddies spent LOTS of time in chats trying to figure out and avoid his power. They kept speculating on who Gloin was and whether he was dead for a bit.

The riddle answer was "time".
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Banners are up! You saw 'em here first. I'm also PMing juliets, and adding mine to my signature.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Russtifinko wrote:Banners are up! You saw 'em here first. I'm also PMing juliets, and adding mine to my signature.
Nobody cares about those. Move along please.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

You are so wrong Epi! :fiesta:

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

juliets wrote:You are so wrong Epi! :fiesta:
That's a lovely piece for your signature.

Right under Castle Grayskull, too!

Return to “Previous Jobs”