Moderator: Community Team

Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 106
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Bird Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Alison »

hollowkatt wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:05 pm
Alison wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:04 pm Why do you care if I believe your survivor claim or not
I don't, I'm educating you because clearly you have no idea how I play, what I'm capable of, or what motivates me. Hopefully this works to clear up future misconceptions.
I choose not to believe bald assertions from the outed 3P.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
hollowkatt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 128

Post by hollowkatt »

Alison wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:06 pm
Alison wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:04 pm Why do you care if I believe your survivor claim or not
I don't, I'm educating you because clearly you have no idea how I play, what I'm capable of, or what motivates me. Hopefully this works to clear up future misconceptions.
That's funny, because you're asserting you know my mind and how I'd play/approach a 3p rand. Enjoy!
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu wrote:fluffy furry
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Wiml
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by Wiml »

Alison wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:05 pm
Wiml wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:54 pm
Alison wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:51 pm 3Ps should always be voted out the moment they're exposed, especially if they can easily be mafia or hostile 3P, what kind of crack are you smoking
Pretty much what I just said.

I don't mind agreeing to policy the slot later on todag but we have more than a full 24 hours and I'd prefer we don't waste the day just parked on a 3p claim
I'm always voting HK no matter what. Any vote elsewhere would be symbolic at best. I'm down to talk about my suspicions for D2.
I'm down with that (and will more than likely vote HK before EoD myself unless I'm very confident I have a wolf).

My issue is that half of the players in the game are already coasting hard and I don't want to let a lot of these people drop a policy vote on the 3p claim and do no other solving for the rest of the phase.
Alison

Post by Alison »

hollowkatt wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:10 pm
That's funny, because you're asserting you know my mind and how I'd play/approach a 3p rand. Enjoy!
Yeah, I'm making a read that you have a decent chance of being wolf pretending to be a 3P. Why should I believe you when you claim otherwise?

It's like if someone baldly says they're out of their wolf range when I suspect them, it's entirely self serving. You are definitely not the same alignment as me and have no reason to tell the truth.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 78

Post by sig »

I like leaving third party around since it’s more fun
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Wiml wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:46 pm
sig wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:38 pm
Don Wurzeloni wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:20 pm As I’m new to this server I thought it would only be fair to give you some info about me.

I play at CFC on MU as Wurzel Scummidge. I only started playing this year and this is my 7th game.

Of the other players in the game, this is my 6th game with WIML, 5th with Esooa and Nanook and 3rd with Alison and Dolby

Also just to let you know about my day 1 meta:

1st half of D1 – be a bit jokey and RVS
Mid D1 – start speculating about the set up. Initial thoughts (NOT reads)
About 3-4 hours before EOD – provide proper list of reads. Make serious vote

Please shout if any questions. Also I am based in the UK so off to bed soon.

Oo scum vibes right here heavy scum vibes :werewolf: :werewolf: :werewolf: :werewolf:
You'll have to check with him but I'm pretty sure the bulk of this post is a copy paste from something he said D1 in a recent town game.

Regardless, this is a normal post from Wurzel.

I mean if he was mafia wouldn’t he still copy the post over?
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Long Con wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:51 pm
sig wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:18 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:17 pm
Creature wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:14 pm
sig wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:13 pm Also I don’t recognize like half this player list
I don't recognize you either
Me neither. I recognize you, though other than in passing in a mash we've never played together I don't think.
Psh all these TS young guns, I can be the grumpy old vet in this game then
I... can make room on the porch.
Yessss I’m LC approved
ImageImage
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

sig wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:24 pm
Wiml wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:46 pm
sig wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:38 pm
Don Wurzeloni wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:20 pm As I’m new to this server I thought it would only be fair to give you some info about me.

I play at CFC on MU as Wurzel Scummidge. I only started playing this year and this is my 7th game.

Of the other players in the game, this is my 6th game with WIML, 5th with Esooa and Nanook and 3rd with Alison and Dolby

Also just to let you know about my day 1 meta:

1st half of D1 – be a bit jokey and RVS
Mid D1 – start speculating about the set up. Initial thoughts (NOT reads)
About 3-4 hours before EOD – provide proper list of reads. Make serious vote

Please shout if any questions. Also I am based in the UK so off to bed soon.

Oo scum vibes right here heavy scum vibes :werewolf: :werewolf: :werewolf: :werewolf:
You'll have to check with him but I'm pretty sure the bulk of this post is a copy paste from something he said D1 in a recent town game.

Regardless, this is a normal post from Wurzel.

I mean if he was mafia wouldn’t he still copy the post over?
Yeah, the post is probably NAI.
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Alison wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:13 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:10 pm
Yeah, I'm making a read that you have a decent chance of being wolf pretending to be a 3P. Why should I believe you when you claim otherwise?

It's like if someone baldly says they're out of their wolf range when I suspect them, it's entirely self serving. You are definitely not the same alignment as me and have no reason to tell the truth.
Cool, idgaf
You asserted in the below post how I'd play as survivor. I'm merely educating you where you are wrong.
See my chop through to the end for sure, but when I flip 3p survivor take that flip, my play here, and update your personal mental database to include that this IS how HK can approach a survivor rand so that you don't make the same mistake twice.
Alison wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:56 pm The last five people who claimed 3P were either mafia or hostile.

Survivor doesn't go balls to the wall pushing a policy exe D1, they either claim first thing or UTR the whole game, HK's play makes 0 sense as survivor and we lose nothing even if he is tellinf the truth, he can easily mafiaside to spite Gavial even. Holy shit guys.
Because again, I am completely capable of playing an entire mafia game based on spite
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

I'm not sure what to make of his lower activity than usual though, worried he's struggling to post.
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Wiml wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:13 pm
Alison wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:51 pm 3Ps should always be voted out the moment they're exposed, especially if they can easily be mafia or hostile 3P, what kind of crack are you smoking

I don't mind agreeing to policy the slot later on todag but we have more than a full 24 hours and I'd prefer we don't waste the day just parked on a 3p claim
I'm always voting HK no matter what. Any vote elsewhere would be symbolic at best. I'm down to talk about my suspicions for D2.
I'm down with that (and will more than likely vote HK before EoD myself unless I'm very confident I have a wolf).

My issue is that half of the players in the game are already coasting hard and I don't want to let a lot of these people drop a policy vote on the 3p claim and do no other solving for the rest of the phase.
you have gavial to thank for that
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

hollowkatt wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:29 pm

Tbh the whole situation tanked my WIM too.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Oh nvm Wurzel said why he wouldn't be around so his posting volume is probably NAI.
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Wiml wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:30 pm

Objectively I'm the only chop that should be considered today when we get to the end of the day.

My advice would be, if you are town, make real reads and real pushes towards people you think are wolves so that there's things to build on D2. If you're a wolf obvs that advice changes, but only superficially lol
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

hollowkatt wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:35 pm
Wiml wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:30 pm

Objectively I'm the only chop that should be considered today when we get to the end of the day.

My advice would be, if you are town, make real reads and real pushes towards people you think are wolves so that there's things to build on D2. If you're a wolf obvs that advice changes, but only superficially lol
Yeah I feel bad about it but at the same time I'm definitely in agreement.

Also agree that it's important to solve outside of you and I'm not letting anybody just skate by with a vote on you and nothing else.
Don Wurzeloni
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 101
Preferred Pronouns: He/him//his
Aka: Wurzel

Post by Don Wurzeloni »

Evening All!

I had a very nice day with my grandmother but feel I am slightly paying for it now.

Wow, this game is intense! I think a typical CFC game would only have about half as many posts by now. I do feel a lot more confident that we are going to win vs a CFC game though. CFC are generally bad at towning.

I did manage to read a bit when I' wasn't driving but I am still on page 14.

I'll post my thoughts when I've caught up.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Don Wurzeloni wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:25 pm Evening All!

I had a very nice day with my grandmother but feel I am slightly paying for it now.

Wow, this game is intense! I think a typical CFC game would only have about half as many posts by now. I do feel a lot more confident that we are going to win vs a CFC game though. CFC are generally bad at towning.

I see how it is Wurzel!
Don Wurzeloni
Stool Pigeon

Post by Don Wurzeloni »

EnderWiggin wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:31 am
Esooa wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:04 am I think it's notable how ender has shied away from saying things that reflect a town mindset

"ender caring about poking inactives is town indicative"

"nope it's nai"

"what did you hope to rand and how is it?

"nothing but I got wolf"

or whatever.

idk what to say about it but it's notable. The "I randed wolf" thing I dislike because it's easier for wolves to say that, but at the same time it'd be pretty simple and probably beneficial enough for wolf ender to answer along the lines of "I wanted town and I'm very glad I am," similarly with the it'd be easy and beneficial enough to not say that him caring about inactives is nai, which he's done at least 3 times now
I mean, I'd be a little egotistical to say none of that is AI ever for me.

But I'll say that my previous meta as town was very open to making silly jokes. I actually got picked off as PR a few times because I had a bad habit of NOT being jokey when PR.

That being said I'm also 6 years from my last game of mafia so who knows how terrible I've gotten at pretending to be town now.
I know Ender is generally being town read and is posting a lot but this post pinged the hell out of me: "pretending to be town" :fist:
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

GTH this isn't town
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Wurzel do you have any reads currently that you'd mind sharing?
Don Wurzeloni
Stool Pigeon

Post by Don Wurzeloni »

hollowkatt wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:26 pm
Gavial wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:06 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:55 am [VOTE: hollowkatt] aubergine

been fun gavial. never playing with you again, you make games miserable. sincerely hopeful which ever team you're on gets curb stomped.
Dude like I can’t really see any world you aren’t the big red wolf.
:shrug:

Keep in mind:
If a wolf gets sus’ed by me and in response the wolf tries to push me back trying to go into a 1v1 against me. A wolf can never win that fight because doing so you reveal to me your wolf and if I know someone is a wolf I do whatever I can in my Arsenal to get rid of them. Honestly if I had vigilante none of this would have happened because I would have just said nothing and plopt a fake town read on you then shot you during the night.
Hi gavial, I'm being exceedingly polite because I like the syndicate and don't want to be banned for the things I truly think about you, your game, and your attitude. You could be the greatest wolf hunter the world has ever seen, and as long as you continue playing with the attitude and style that you have nobody will care, and nobody will listen.

There is no crowded gate of Valhalla you'll pass through at the conclusion of this game. There is no choir of angels singing your praise, there is only regret, sadness, and the feeling of what might have been.

Your arsenal reminds me of what mine used to be: full of gloating, vitriol, and aggression. And those tools can take you far. What they don't make you though, is friends, and good memories of post game cool down where we're all joking and having a good time.

I don't play mafia because I love the thrill of lying to people, or the rush of finding and killing a wolf. I play to have fun, make some memories, and enjoy time with my friends. I had anticipated doing that this game. Unfortunately that isn't happening.

To be completely and brutally honest, I dislike you. A lot. On a personal level. Has nothing to do with the game, or my alignment, or yours, it's just you. You play as if you were the kind of person who always has to one-up, always has to be "the best", always has to have the coolest story, or the loudest laughs at his jokes.
People like that, in my experience, are sad people to be around. I feel badly for you gavial, I really do.

So enjoy your life, and I hope sincerely we never cross paths again.

So here's my claim, and why I was hoping this would be fun. I'm 3p LOLOL GET FORKED
I win with which ever faction wins. So chop me, do your victory dance and gloat, I literally have run out of fucks to give.

To repeat: I'M THIRD PARTY THERE IS NO SPEW GET FORKED
This is a really strong post. I'm getting good vibes from HK now (although not completely sure about the 3p claim for reasons I will come to)

I have unvoted him
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Did Herm quietly move his vote to HK at some point without saying anything?
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 206

Post by Duskfall »

Yeah we kill the survivor claim now sad
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

Rolling survivor is such a tough break if true, Im guessing there's more to it though
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

Having to deal with Seth this entire game is gonna kill my wim likely I'm already dreading the remainder of this game
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

Oh and he's gone nvm I'll hard carry trust me guys
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Duskfall wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:59 pm Rolling survivor is such a tough break if true, Im guessing there's more to it though
there's literally not lol, that's the funny part.
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 184

Post by falcon45ca »

[VOTE: HERM] aubergine
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

hollowkatt wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:04 pm
Duskfall wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:59 pm Rolling survivor is such a tough break if true, Im guessing there's more to it though
there's literally not lol, that's the funny part.
If true i feel bad for you lmao, regardless correct play is you must die sorry fren
KZA
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 75
Preferred Pronouns: Any
Aka: KZA

Post by KZA »

always kill outed 3P in a closed setup
KZA
Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am eating an entire sandwich is not that hard
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

I 100% agree always kill outed 3p in a closed setup.
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Guys, what should we do about the outed 3P?

Keep in mind this is a closed setup
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:10 pm Guys, what should we do about the outed 3P?

Keep in mind this is a closed setup
let the 3p live, I promise to shiptoast the entire game and not vote!
Who wants dinosaur memes for the next 5 days?
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

This game is cursed
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:13 pm This game is cursed
I'm convinced it's me tbh
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Don Wurzeloni
Stool Pigeon

Post by Don Wurzeloni »

I've finally caught up. What a crazy day on here!

It's at this point that I normally like to look at the setup:

17 players naturally falls out as 13 town and 4 wolves. If HK is claiming 3p then that suggest 12/4/1 (which feels like it is slightly anti-town) or 13/3/1 (which feels too anti-scum). Or there are two 3ps. I have played in two Syn games before and he didn't use 3p in either of those

@hollowkatt - can you clarify are you hard claiming 3p as there seems to be some uncertainty?

I'm gonna hard defend hk
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

12/4/1 is easily balanced by power roles btw

My role is a one shot day cop I targeted hk and it said he was town, I asked and was told I'd be informed if he was 3p so
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:14 pm I'm gonna hard defend hk
Lol Marl.
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:15 pm My role is a one shot day cop I targeted hk and it said he was town, I asked and was told I'd be informed if he was 3p so
Let's flip Nanook to confirm?
Don Wurzeloni
Stool Pigeon

Post by Don Wurzeloni »

hollowkatt wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:28 pm

GTH this isn't town
Don't you visit relatives sometimes? She is 99 and I hadn't seen her in 7 months. She lives 2.5 hours away.
Alison

Post by Alison »

wurzel has come back and has not made any good posts yet
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Don Wurzeloni wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:14 pm I've finally caught up. What a crazy day on here!

17 players naturally falls out as 13 town and 4 wolves. If HK is claiming 3p then that suggest 12/4/1 (which feels like it is slightly anti-town) or 13/3/1 (which feels too anti-scum). Or there are two 3ps. I have played in two Syn games before and he didn't use 3p in either of those

@hollowkatt - can you clarify are you hard claiming 3p as there seems to be some uncertainty?
I feel like I'm reading a PSA ad with your posts, or some corporate training video.

They don't seem genuine.
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Don Wurzeloni wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:17 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:28 pm

GTH this isn't town
Don't you visit relatives sometimes? She is 99 and I hadn't seen her in 7 months. She lives 2.5 hours away.
all my relatives are dead or too far away.
It wasn't anything to do with the relatives though, it was the CFC comment.
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Don Wurzeloni wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:14 pm I've finally caught up. What a crazy day on here!

I mean I did say in my claim post that I was hard claiming 3p, so yes, I'm still 3p
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Don Wurzeloni
Stool Pigeon

Post by Don Wurzeloni »

Duskfall wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:15 pm 12/4/1 is easily balanced by power roles btw
Maybe this is the most likely set up then as lots of people have mentioned PRs.
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:14 pm I'm gonna hard defend hk
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:15 pm My role is a one shot day cop I targeted hk and it said he was town, I asked and was told I'd be informed if he was 3p so
ily nanook
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official