Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 106
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Bird Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Alison »

Wiml wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:14 am
Alison wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:11 am
Wiml wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:10 am Yeah I agree with Ezooa's take on Wurzel. He makes himself obvious town as town.
so why is wurzel not making himself obvious town this game and has instead posted awkward self aware shit followed by dipping
I'm pretty sure SoD is after he usually goes to bed (he's a fellow brit). He's self resolving and out of the 5 or so people I have no real read on he's the one I'm least concerned about right now.
oki doki, let's save him for later then.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 112
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

Alison wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:14 am
Esooa wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:28 am being annoyed at creature is NAI because I get annoyed at stuff creature does regardless of my alignment. I still want townies to play even if I'm mafia. I'm saying why I feel that way because it probably applies to Ender too
I don't, I feel warm and happy inside when townies troll the game and I am wolf.
I think ender poking inactives so often the way he does indicates he feels differently regardless of alignment
Spoiler: show
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Alison

Post by Alison »

duskfall is probably town for being stubborn about pushing his reads and interrogating those who believe otherwise
Alison

Post by Alison »

Wiml wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:17 am
EnderWiggin wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:15 am
Wiml wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:14 am I'm not confident HK is town but I don't like his wagon and I certainly wouldn't go there today.
Who would you go for?
ATM? Herm.
because of what esooa said or what
Alison

Post by Alison »

Wiml wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:53 am I think his entrance was really awkward (particularly the "what kind of scum are you?" question as well as "Damn son!"). Feels like he's trying way too hard to try to fit in and failing (which was why I made my original vote since I never explained it at the time).

I also don't like his reaction to my vote. Given that myself and Herm have never spoken or interacted at all before this game / my vote on Herm, the fact that Herm doesn't ask me for any sort of clarification on my vote but immediately says that I'm wilding (I'm not quote sure what he means here but I'm assuming it means that my vote is crazy) but not any sort of scumread on me if it's a bad vote feels really ingenuine to me (and I'm pretty sure this TMIs me town if Herm is a wolf) and then the insistence that I would come round on him (again, despite never having interacted with me before this exchange - I had barely posted at this point either and could be any random) doesn't feel like a genuine thought process at all.

Also something I thought was interesting from Herm's reaction was that he seemed to have implicitly known my vote on him was serious without any sort of explanation (and overreacted)? This is weak but it makes me feel like Herm is already feeling guilty/paranoid about posts they've made (which fits my narrative of struggling to fit in as a wolf) and reacted weirdly as a result?

Not as much to say on his later posts but a lot of of them (almost all of the earlier ones) are awkward-feeling fluff, questions that don't really go anywhere or just commentary. I also think that having his only scumreads being pretty much "because Gavial said so" is nagl (especially because I might be missing this but I don't think Herm actually outed a TR on Gavial anywhere?).
probably too convoluted to come from scum
Alison

Post by Alison »

[VOTE: hollowkatt] aubergine
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Alison wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:20 am [VOTE: hollowkatt] aubergine
that sheeping didn't last long
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Alison

Post by Alison »

[VOTE: nanook] aubergine

actually

he's naked voting orange btw
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

wanna do me a favor and remove a couple vanity wagons by continuing to sheep me onto lc
Alison

Post by Alison »

Esooa wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:20 am
Yeah I sheeped you and then you moved off Herm so.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Esooa wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:21 am wanna do me a favor and remove a couple vanity wagons by continuing to sheep me onto lc
what's your case on LC
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Alison wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:22 am
Esooa wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:20 am
Yeah I sheeped you and then you moved off Herm so.
he already responded to my case. It got boring
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Esooa wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:21 am wanna do me a favor and remove a couple vanity wagons by continuing to sheep me onto lc
what's your case on LC
I'm not really interested in talking about it right now. I want more from him in general

what do you think of him
Alison

Post by Alison »

my case on nanook is that he said "we're probably gonna lose" which I think he's more likely to do as mafia than as town and then he made a naked vote on LHF

I also still suspect HK but that wagon obviously doesn't need my involvement to grow
Alison

Post by Alison »

Esooa wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:23 am
what's your case on LC
I'm not really interested in talking about it right now. I want more from him in general

what do you think of him
I don't think anything he's done has been particularly AI.

If HK is scum which I think is entirely possible then his sheep of my HK push looks good.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

I think he's made AI posts. Though you're right he's probably not with HK
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

what was your read you realized was wrong?
Alison

Post by Alison »

I would like to explore nanook for a bit.

If you think you've got something more concrete on LC, or when you feel ready to case him, let me know and I'll decide if I want to follow you onto him.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Esooa wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:27 am what was your read you realized was wrong?
huh?
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

your way of reading lc
Alison

Post by Alison »

Esooa wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:29 am your way of reading lc
I felt like I could read him because I nailed him early in seventh saga and called him out as 3P in shadow corridors, but haven't been able to comfortably and confidently call out his alignment since then, which made me consider that maybe I was just lucky in those games

for example in the cindy kate and percy date game I literally big shrugged on his alignment and said I'll just pretend he's locktown until d4 and then reassess because I don't have anything better to do with his slot. and if I'm doing stuff like that it makes me think my read on LC is not that far above rand.
EnderWiggin
Made Man
Posts in topic: 201
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by EnderWiggin »

Esooa wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:16 am
Alison wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:14 am
Esooa wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:28 am being annoyed at creature is NAI because I get annoyed at stuff creature does regardless of my alignment. I still want townies to play even if I'm mafia. I'm saying why I feel that way because it probably applies to Ender too
I don't, I feel warm and happy inside when townies troll the game and I am wolf.
I think ender poking inactives so often the way he does indicates he feels differently regardless of alignment
Just quoting to confirm.
We can only trust the truth. Everything else is a lie.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Alison wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:16 am duskfall is probably town for being stubborn about pushing his reads and interrogating those who believe otherwise
I have a feel that I disagree with this but don't have anything solid against Duskfall.

Is it just because he aggressively defended his question on Esooa when I attacked it?
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Alison wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:13 am
Wiml wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:23 am Wrt my hk read:

It's mostly for meta/tone reasons. I've been looking for another HK wolf game to compare it to but you can't find them through his MU account for whatever reason.
Gavial is obvious town and HK is pushing him for bad reasons.
I actually agree with this read.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Esooa wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:11 am if it matters the town read on me I dislike the second most is actually enders. His reasons were fine but not something I found to be justified under any real scrutiny. Though that's sometimes just how early game reads go
I'm glad people are thinking about me. =P
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

I think it's notable how ender has shied away from saying things that reflect a town mindset

"ender caring about poking inactives is town indicative"

"nope it's nai"

"what did you hope to rand and how is it?

"nothing but I got wolf"

or whatever.

idk what to say about it but it's notable. The "I randed wolf" thing I dislike because it's easier for wolves to say that, but at the same time it'd be pretty simple and probably beneficial enough for wolf ender to answer along the lines of "I wanted town and I'm very glad I am," similarly with the it'd be easy and beneficial enough to not say that him caring about inactives is nai, which he's done at least 3 times now
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

EnderWiggin wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:58 am
Alison wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:16 am duskfall is probably town for being stubborn about pushing his reads and interrogating those who believe otherwise
I have a feel that I disagree with this but don't have anything solid against Duskfall.

Is it just because he aggressively defended his question on Esooa when I attacked it?
don't you already have an explained reason you didn't like it. What happened to that
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 206

Post by Duskfall »

I actually found your attack on it weird, not scummy just a weird form of attack that was kind of unwarranted still
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

I think most my concerns with ender are actually not important enough to mean anything outside of worry tbh. I think he's at worst=rand town. Possibly more just because of his depth of engagement in reads. However he's supposedly good and a largely unknown quantity so yeah
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

I think if lc or Herm are scum then Alison is likely not with them. With the things I and wiml have said about Herm she'd probably care more (however that was brought out) and honestly I think Alison probably respects me enough to care more about my LC vote too (considering I said I read some of his games and he has been AI). At least enough to accept my sheep offer to try and pocket me
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

I also think these two players are scummy enough that Allison's anti associative with them alone makes her recently <rand town. I also think her not sheeping after my offer is towny on it's own
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

I will use this space to say esooas posting is very very bad and their scum equity is rising

Thank you for listening
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Duskfall wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:16 am I will use this space to say esooas posting is very very bad and their scum equity is rising

Thank you for listening
but how mad are you
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

Esooa wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:19 am
Duskfall wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:16 am I will use this space to say esooas posting is very very bad and their scum equity is rising

Thank you for listening
but how mad are you
I can assure you I won't be the mad one at end game :keys:
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Duskfall wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:23 am

Thank you for listening
but how mad are you
so you admit to being mad
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

My unrelenting power over the force will bring you down with lord

Or something
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

that was an intentionally Ben Shapiro sounding post before hk mentions that cause it was funny
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Duskfall wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:24 am My unrelenting power over the force will bring you down with lord

Or something
I promise you I'm never getting yeeted this game
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

Esooa wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:23 am

Thank you for listening
but how mad are you
Are we playing a good natured game of mafia or starting a cat fight I'm confused get on with the game friend no need to make it personal
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Esooa wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:06 am

don't you already have an explained reason you didn't like it. What happened to that
I have an explained thing I don't like, but that isn't a definite scumtell. So I'm not treating it as one.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Duskfall wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:24 am

Thank you for listening
but how mad are you
Are we playing a good natured game of mafia or starting a cat fight I'm confused get on with the game friend no need to make it personal
I'm saying that to discredit your read because I'm a wolf
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Duskfall wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:06 am

I actually found your attack on it weird, not scummy just a weird form of attack that was kind of unwarranted still
I still find your question useless and trap-worthy. Please provide a 5-page thesis on why "Is it possible" is at all relevant and how it provides town info to ask.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Esooa wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:09 am I think most my concerns with ender are actually not important enough to mean anything outside of worry tbh. I think he's at worst=rand town. Possibly more just because of his depth of engagement in reads. However he's supposedly good and a largely unknown quantity so yeah
Supposedly good is an apt description for it.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Esooa wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:26 am
Duskfall wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:24 am

Thank you for listening
but how mad are you
I'm saying that to discredit your read because I'm a wolf
I appreciate that my strongest townread is the first to join me claiming wolf. Viva la revelucion
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Esooa wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:04 am I think it's notable how ender has shied away from saying things that reflect a town mindset

"ender caring about poking inactives is town indicative"

"nope it's nai"

"what did you hope to rand and how is it?

"nothing but I got wolf"

or whatever.

idk what to say about it but it's notable. The "I randed wolf" thing I dislike because it's easier for wolves to say that, but at the same time it'd be pretty simple and probably beneficial enough for wolf ender to answer along the lines of "I wanted town and I'm very glad I am," similarly with the it'd be easy and beneficial enough to not say that him caring about inactives is nai, which he's done at least 3 times now
I mean, I'd be a little egotistical to say none of that is AI ever for me.

But I'll say that my previous meta as town was very open to making silly jokes. I actually got picked off as PR a few times because I had a bad habit of NOT being jokey when PR.

That being said I'm also 6 years from my last game of mafia so who knows how terrible I've gotten at pretending to be town now.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Also when I don't have work (weekend in Aus) I am engaged. Expect to see my post quantity drop a little during the week.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

I don't know why I said "weekend in Aus" as if it's not a weekend elsewhere as well....
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

EnderWiggin wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:27 am

I still find your question useless and trap-worthy. Please provide a 5-page thesis on why "Is it possible" is at all relevant and how it provides town info to ask.
It wasn't a literal is it possible, it was a do you think this situation is likely, I believe the context of me asking for someone's opinion on it makes it clear I wasn't actually asking is this literally possible in any world

Unless I'm the biggest idiot in the world (possibly) I obviously knew this was possible, therefore you must apply context to what I actually mean in this instance. As far as I can tell the only person who actually didn't understand what I meant was you, consideirng esooa or no one else so far has even agreed with you or mentioned something similar to what you are saying now. Esooa went down the cool not bothered to interact route.

The problem here isn't my question, it's that you appear to take everything absolutely literally which is ok but displays a general lack of comprehension in my opinion. Not trying to be toxic about it but you're digging deeper so it forces me to point it out atp. When speaking human communication often has incidences where what someone says literal and the clear intention are different, it is up to the reciever to grasp what is intended relevant to the context and respond. Clearly you could not do this here and to be honest that a big load of not my problem. Unless you vote me. That would be my problem. Dont vote me please.
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

EnderWiggin wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:27 am

It wasn't a literal is it possible, it was a do you think this situation is likely, I believe the context of me asking for someone's opinion on it makes it clear I wasn't actually asking is this literally possible in any world

Unless I'm the biggest idiot in the world (possibly) I obviously knew this was possible, therefore you must apply context to what I actually mean in this instance. As far as I can tell the only person who actually didn't understand what I meant was you, consideirng esooa or no one else so far has even agreed with you or mentioned something similar to what you are saying now. Esooa went down the cool not bothered to interact route.

The problem here isn't my question, it's that you appear to take everything absolutely literally which is ok but displays a general lack of comprehension in my opinion. Not trying to be toxic about it but you're digging deeper so it forces me to point it out atp. When speaking human communication often has incidences where what someone says literal and the clear intention are different, it is up to the reciever to grasp what is intended relevant to the context and respond. Clearly you could not do this here and to be honest that a big load of not my problem. Unless you vote me. That would be my problem. Dont vote me please.
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

Oops double post sorry

Return to “Previous Jobs”