No votes

Total votes: 3
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 481

Re: PSY 2310 - Cognitive Psychology [DAY 2]

Post by Dyslexicon »

dyachei wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:23 pm
bronana wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:20 pm why is it weird that dya is saying the same thing about alison now?

they went hard after alison d1, alison is still alive and has not really changed in any significant way since then so ... ?
exactly
The most interesting find I had last night, imo, is this. I think this kind of interaction is basically never w/w. Dya is piggy backing off of a (reasonable) defence of them that Zack has. I think this kind of "exactly" is wolf using a town voice. So that strengthens my belief that Zack is town.

Nut is also highly likely town. I think Dya also had posts that spewed her town at the start of her ISO, like the other two scum. I don't know why Dya was so mad at Nut at times, which had pinged me previously. Buuut, I feel Nut should just be town here, so I'm landing on this too.
Dyslexicon
<3

Re: PSY 2310 - Cognitive Psychology [DAY 6]

Post by Dyslexicon »

@outed wolf and @staypositivefriend Do you have a conclusive read of me? I feel like you should have some thoughts that aren't nebulous and idk, but maybe that's unreasonable for me to expect. So I'm interested to hear.
outed wolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 642

Post by outed wolf »

not particularly

i havent played with you for like 5 years

so metas no help, and its hard for me to be confident in your posting this game - there are things i think are villagery about you, but not enough or that i have enough belief in that i feel i can clear you
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I'm currently considering if it could just be Arete. Their interaction with Vulgard is very over the top and bizarre. I think if they are wolf, it would be a case of deciding to town read each other and hard defend each other, given their (apparent???) history together in reading each other. I gather that they are friends outside of mafia perhaps?

The thing is that I've seen Arete jump to Vulgard's defence in ways that are just absurd. "Being wrong is NAI for Vulgard" is one example. Because being wrong is obviously NAI for anyone.

Hopefully I can do work to clear others. Nut spoke about Visor going after Dya in our night chat, and I'm pretty ok to follow on this. I haven't read those parts yet. Tbh, there's still much I haven't read.
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 531
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:25 am
dyachei wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:23 pm
bronana wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:20 pm why is it weird that dya is saying the same thing about alison now?

they went hard after alison d1, alison is still alive and has not really changed in any significant way since then so ... ?
exactly
The most interesting find I had last night, imo, is this. I think this kind of interaction is basically never w/w. Dya is piggy backing off of a (reasonable) defence of them that Zack has. I think this kind of "exactly" is wolf using a town voice. So that strengthens my belief that Zack is town.

Nut is also highly likely town. I think Dya also had posts that spewed her town at the start of her ISO, like the other two scum. I don't know why Dya was so mad at Nut at times, which had pinged me previously. Buuut, I feel Nut should just be town here, so I'm landing on this too.
good catch - i had this on my mind yesterday as a possible reason why zack/dya weren't w/w, but i totally forgot about it today lol
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

i think you have an interesting perspective on the game dys, so id really appreciate your overview when you get to it
staypositivefriend
Hitman

@Arete ftr, i thought that the point where you said that dyachei looked wolfier "in hindsight" was before vulgard had started lolcatting - i was under the impression that you still believed that vulgard was town at that point and that your concern was about dyachei setting themselves up to push on them. your response is acknowledged

im also tempted to find it villagery that you disliked my post about you so much that it appears to have heavily factored into you scumreading me, because i tend to unconsciously do the same thing to people who wolfread me, lol
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

wheres your head at spf
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i don't really know who the final wolf is yet. but i'm getting there
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:27 am @outed wolf and @staypositivefriend Do you have a conclusive read of me? I feel like you should have some thoughts that aren't nebulous and idk, but maybe that's unreasonable for me to expect. So I'm interested to hear.
your presence has been low enough in the most recent days that my brain doesnt really have a confident solid impression of you, even though there's one post from particular from you on d1 (where you bring attention to the idea that vulgard/dyachei could be teamed) that i think looks villagery for you
staypositivefriend
Hitman

outed wolf wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:37 am wheres your head at spf
i feel like i can talk myself into townreading any player in this game if i think about it hard enough

i think that i'm going to have to solve this game by POE instead of by looking for the individual wolf (which is a revelation that i had earlier today, but it's really sinking in now lol). my strongest and most confident townread is nutella. i'm still working on the rest
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:40 am
i feel like i can talk myself into townreading any player in this game if i think about it hard enough

i think that i'm going to have to solve this game by POE instead of by looking for the individual wolf (which is a revelation that i had earlier today, but it's really sinking in now lol). my strongest and most confident townread is nutella. i'm still working on the rest
yeah me too lol.

and agreed. i said earlier that i think this one is gonna come down to f3. everyones got something for em, so i guess its about trying to find who has the best stuff, who ya feel most confident about
staypositivefriend
Hitman

outed wolf wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:43 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:40 am

yeah me too lol.

and agreed. i said earlier that i think this one is gonna come down to f3. everyones got something for em, so i guess its about trying to find who has the best stuff, who ya feel most confident about
give me 2 names that u would currently bank the game on being town
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

NOONE

zack
nutella

probably
Arete
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 313
Preferred Pronouns: They/them/theirs/themself

Post by Arete »

outed wolf wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:05 am arete i dont think its hyperbole to say your solvingness has basically tanked since vulgard died

you wanna talk about that?
- I was wrong about a major read which was demotivating
- a lot of my previous focus had been on Vulgard because I was less sure how to read other people. when Vul died I was left with basically only people where I was like 'they're a good player and I don't know how to read them.'
- everyone else is posting less so I have fewer things to respond to
Arete
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 313
Preferred Pronouns: They/them/theirs/themself

Post by Arete »

(it's super late so if you have more questions for me I'll try to get to them tomorrow)
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

outed wolf wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:30 am not particularly

i havent played with you for like 5 years

so metas no help, and its hard for me to be confident in your posting this game - there are things i think are villagery about you, but not enough or that i have enough belief in that i feel i can clear you
I'll list out what I feel are things that I wouldn't or even can't do as scum:
- I actually thought Gavial was highly likely mafia when I entered the game, but I felt it was a mistake to wagon him when he had like four or five posts. I have just played a game where me+Gavial was the scum team, and he was extremely obvious in how he spewed me as a teammate. So I felt that if he was mafia, it was unironically worse for town to just shut him down immediately. I wouldn't have this approach as mafia. I also think this thought process can be tracked in my post.
- Pointing out a very specific word usage read, connecting Dya and Vulgard is, as Nut points out, strictly outside my wolf range and strictly within my town range. I'm actually pretty good at reading interactions specifically, and I've had many similar finds in other games. (Also, re Syn slot who I thought was obviously not teamed with Vulgard from interaction, and it's even more apparent in Dya's ISO. But that is moot.) In any case, I would never bring up something that nobody else would ever notice about that pairing just to do it. Vulgard was a consensus town read at the time. I also town read Vulgard, mostly directly from that consensus and from Arete. Dya, however, was likely to go down either that day or soon. There would be absolutely no need for me to tie Vulgard to a wolf soon going down if they were on my team. It's not a matter of if I bus or not. I bus if it's necessary. But I would never needlessly put shit like that on my teammates that would just hurt us in the long run when nobody else has noticed the same thing.
- The day the jailkeep happened, I thought I had really solved that it must be Marl or Vulgard as one of the scum. I solved that forgetting that scum would not be free to kill Amy as they pleased, which I didn't think about. That in itself you can call a derp moment, but I'm fine if people want to wave that off as NAI. What is AI imo is that I had a real reaction to thinking this and then realising my mistake. I also had a real reaction to Marl going off at me and immediately realised that Marl was not it. The thing is that I wouldn't have a reaction to this in real time if I was scum and already knew. And then there's the discrepancy between my inner experience and what I express. But I think my reaction can be traced with how I post.
- I have never ever phoned in or not read part of a thread in a scum game. I'm super neurotic as scum and plan everything and need to know everything my teammates are doing etc. If people are ticked off by me being a bit here and there and everywhere, then that is just more signs I'm town.

So these are some of the strongest town signs imo.
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

i hate saying this but i still don't want to consider zack clear because im not a particularly confident zack reader but i think on balance he would be one of the people i would be least surprised if he flipped village

if he flipped wolf i guess it would mean i underestimated how much he was willing to bus and would have to change my mental view of zacks play (i mean he defended dya a bunch i guess - so the argument does exist - but he has positive interactions with vulgard and was on kza early and did express some issues with dya too)
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:38 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:27 am @outed wolf and @staypositivefriend Do you have a conclusive read of me? I feel like you should have some thoughts that aren't nebulous and idk, but maybe that's unreasonable for me to expect. So I'm interested to hear.
your presence has been low enough in the most recent days that my brain doesnt really have a confident solid impression of you, even though there's one post from particular from you on d1 (where you bring attention to the idea that vulgard/dyachei could be teamed) that i think looks villagery for you
Well, I think my presence shouldn't be that relevant. But maybe I'm wrong.

Also, it will continue. I'm currently at work, so bye for now.
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

i think most likely to flip wolf rn is: c4/arete

and it feels super cop outy to say it, but c4 just hasnt solved the game for days and arete did arete things

i keep coming to reasons to townread the other people itg and its bugging me cause i think i should be wrong somewhere
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

i mean i have reasons to townread c4/arete too

arete - absurdity defence
c4 - pushed dya

but c4 didnt super SOLVE dya

but he has good interactions there

so idk what to think bronanas

either aretes a wolf or someone dug deep into their pal
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 600
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

outed wolf wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:52 am i think most likely to flip wolf rn is: c4/arete

and it feels super cop outy to say it, but c4 just hasnt solved the game for days and arete did arete things

i keep coming to reasons to townread the other people itg and its bugging me cause i think i should be wrong somewhere
yeah feeling about the same rn

@c4e5g3d5 hello what you got
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Arete wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:15 pm anyways

I also have no idea what to look at to figure it out beyond 'reading people's posts' which is super vague

so if anyone has something in particular that they want someone to look into but don't actually want to look into themself, let me know and I can try to look into it?

um also I won a 'single post in day phase following death' prize back on night 1 so if I get voted out then tomorrow if people have any questions for me you can post them in the thread and I'll do my best to answer them
Some things I wanted to look into:
- What went down with the Dya/Alison chop. I remember c4 being on Dya all day (I think). So would be interested to see if he argued for a Dya chop over Alison hard. Come to think of it, I do think he argued Alison was PT and shouldn't be chopped. And I also think that is towny.
- I'm also interested in what happened around Vulgard-gate on D3. Particularly if someone had TMI that Vulgard was caught mafia. I don't actually expect mafia to hard defend Vulgard there.

Maybe these are vague. But it's stuff I hope I'll look into myself, but it depends on if I get the time. I barely have time to even life these days.

Right now I'm going to catch up on this day, and I also want to look into Visor on Dya interaction.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:49 pm-i accidentally included amy on two tiers on one of my readslist on d2. does that mean that i'm partnered with amy? what is my wolf motivation for putting vulgard twice on the same list by accident? that doesn't even make sense lol
I mean, this is a super nit pick detail thing, but do you know why it happened at all?
I've seen people accidentally put a name twice in different tiers before. It surprises me a bit from you, because I see you as a pretty systematic player.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

bronana wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:06 pm arete hard-defended and "godread" vulgard town, which they've never ever been wrong on before, has otherwise been thoroughly underwhelming (I can't recall them doing much other than talking about vulgard, casing tangy a bit d1, and popping in to call people town)

d3 they instantly voted c4 when marl claimed JK, then when sunbae CC's and accuses vulgard in a way that makes zero sense ever coming from a wolf, goes apeshit accusing him of being a wolf and declaring vulgard a "99% villager" despite being effectively redchecked, which is just insane regardless of any townread you have on him? Then once people started townreading arete for their reaction, and it became clear vulgard was going down, arete starts backtracking and vulgard starts trolling.

all arete can talk about is why all these villagers are villagers

what am i missing here folks?
:ponder:
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:07 pmEvery time you say "Dizzy doesn't bus", and every time I say "but that's not bussing", we explore no new ground. Is there some nuance here I'm not picking up? Like I said, my hand is yours to hold.
That's not what either me or Nut have been saying though. I do bus if it puts my team in a good position. But I don't connect a widely town read teammate to a widely scum read and likely to go down teammate for absolutely no reason when I don't have to. That is outside of what I would do as mafia. The read is just genuine, and in fact a very typical discovery for my town game. I think Sunbae to actually dare to go for it more than I did at the time.

I don't understand why you're voting me or what problems you have with me exactly. So let me know what more I can do, if anything, about that.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

*Thank Sunbae
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

outed wolf wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:50 pm ya got a similar vibe too

i tried reading the cov game but that thing was basically a mash

unusable
I think Dya used this game to town read c4 quite early. If the game was very different in nature, that's weird. But it probably says more about Dya's alignment than c4's lol
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

nutella wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:29 pm mmmm im convincing myself that spf and arete both look ok from dya spew and want to vote in c4/visor
How does Arete look good? I didn't read from D3 out, but early on Dya barely interacted with Arete, but still put them really low in the read list. I should check if Arete had any reaction to this.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

outed wolf wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:37 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:32 pm i think my thing with your dya stuff is like.... in a way it mirrors my own a lot, in that we were both pushing them pretty hard all game but had moments of doubt

but if you were to graph it, my moments of doubt were more frequent but softer, while yours was a sharp 180 and part of me wonders if that extreme-ness was performative
see this is a reasonable query i think

i can def be performative as a wolf but the question is: did i need to be performative?

what was the purpose of me being performative there. i was already treated as lock clear by everyone in the game. all its done is increased doubt on my slot, and i didnt need that to survive as i could kill you and zack and people arent going to go well obv nl is still alive he has to be a wolf because people also v read both you and zack

frankly, if im a wolf the game is v close to a win if i just ride the dya credit train to glory

and i dont do unncessary shit like that at this stage of the game, i am a clinical wolf, i do the most i can with the smallest amount of effort lol. theres no way i would play it up for no gain. there has to be an endgame to everything i do as a wolf and this has zero purpose given my state in thread. if i was being wolfread at the time, i think you being worried over this would be more fair cause i could do that to try and appeal to absuirdity

but i was lock clear and treated as such so...
I kind of want to buy this.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

nutella wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:12 pm i still just..... dont think its arete

i think their treatment of dya wasn't teammatey, i think they genuinely hoped syn would end it, i think they made a good solve with good insights on things that look villagery for you/zack/etc, plus marl's legacy is that theyre town

maybe you're right and you can lolnutella postgame but neither i nor dizzy felt like going there today
I think I changed my mind.

Tbh I haven't paid much attention to Arete in this game in general. There's a few things I want to look into.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:22 pm the thing that concerns me the most about the arete/dya stuff is that arete didn't really mention dya much at all until they became the center of conversation, and i don't really see a clear thought process for how arete's read on dya shifted as the game went on

arete voted for dya on https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic ... 03#p803603, but all of arete's thoughts about dya up until that point were: "null/no stance". i don't understand why arete felt inclined to vote someone that they presumably didn't scumread just to get them to answer a question faster - that doesn't really feel like arete's style as a villager from what i've observed from them

i have a similar issue w/this post https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic ... 07#p803607 - arete says that amy being tracker doesn't influence their read on dya even though their read on dya was totally non-existent up until this point. if this post is implying that arete was wolfreading dya, then where did the wolfread on dya come from? they seemed perfectly neutral about them in every post leading up to this point

https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic ... 24#p804124 - this post from dya's side of things is really weird too - dya accuses arete of "trying to find reasons to keep them as a wolf", but arete literally did not explicitly wolfread dyachei at any point. their vote on them wasn't even a wolfread, presumably. so why does dya react like that?

arete's progression on dya gets even more confusing when they state a reason to townread dya on https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic ... 68#p804868, and then ends up voting them again on https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic ... 48#p809148 because of their read on vulgard being wolfy "in hindsight"

i dont really feel like arete authentically tried to figure out dyachei's alignment from an uninformed perspective at any point in this game - their wolfread on dya appeared and disappeared out of nowhere, and their overall read on dya seemed to fluctuate with the thread consensus

im still exploring and thinking things over, but i wanted to get these concerns out of the way now
This convinces me some, also because I noticed Dya not talking about Arete, then having them very low on read lists anyway.
bronana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 488

Post by bronana »

I don't see myself ever voting Nutella, visor, or dizzy.

I think SPF is a villager and don't find the case against her particularly convincing. the thing about SPF is her playstyle is one where she: makes an effort to be nice and diplomatic to others, thoroughly explains herself, keeps an open mind, brings up valid points for and against her reads. (incidentally, it's reasonably similar to how I think I'd play if I wasn't an impatient, lazy asshole.) some of these are things I think people just inherently find suspicious on some subconscious level based on expectations of how most villagers play. it doesn't help that SPF herself admits she busses hard and is a very capable wolf.

all that said, I can easily follow her thought process this game and see her pov, she's been pretty transparent with her thoughts, Sunbae cleared her if dya flipped wolf (after he re-read the thread). I just don't think she's a wolf, but it is possible.

c4, basically here I have SPF/Mark's meta-read and vulgard's treatment of him didn't seem w/w. I don't know how much he busses as a wolf, when I glanced at cov it seemed like "very little" but who knows. I think nothing of how dya turned on him, that is within w/w range for them, especially when he was pushing dya first.

I think it's arete and have already talked about this at length
Vulgard wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:18 amI've been thinking about Zack lately (no sexual).
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

nutella wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:26 pm
Arete wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:17 pm the wording things Dizzy just pointed out are NAI at worst

like I am not Vulgard and he can correct me if I'm wrong but the thing about Dya repping a scumread is just ... him not endorsing the position that Dya believes it, rather than him endorsing the position that Dya doesn't believe it

and the defensive attitude post is like 'Dya has a defensive attitude [which would normally be wolfy] but they've done it before as town, so it could be NAI,' it has an implicitly encoded assumption that a defensive attitude is wolfy rather than an implicit assumption that Dya is a wolf
heh, this is not good

@Dyslexicon :omg:
Honestly, it just confuses me. Cause if Aroot is wolf, then why do they absolutely need to speak for Vulgard and not just let him speak to it himself? If Aroot is wolf, it's like they purposefully decided to mutually town read each other. But it's WEIRD.

"Let me get into this discussion about the link between my two live scummates and defend this a bit" is actually not something I'd expect from any mafia there. Unless Aroot is the ride or die kind of teammate.

So this actually just makes me doubt again. :omg:
Dyslexicon
<3

Re: PSY 2310 - Cognitive Psychology [DAY 1]

Post by Dyslexicon »

nutella wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:33 pm
Arete wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:11 am
Vulgard wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:09 am
Arete wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:38 am
Vulgard wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:36 am
Arete wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:33 am
Vulgard wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:38 am c4, dya and KZA are in the "no impressions made" club and I would like them to play the game. I do not townread c4 for a carefully voiced scumread (?) on SPF. That's in any average wolf's wolfrange and I think SPF is too quick to clear them regardless of alignment.

dya and KZA just haven't talked about the game much yet. Dya got offended based on a single accusation if I read that correctly, and KZA 5-posted and dipped.
since I feel like no one actually reads my wallposts I'm just going to highlight this post as super important if Vul flips wolf (which, to be clear, I still don't think he will! just. acknowledging the possibility.)

like I feel like I've seen a lot of ambient 'the team is probably just Vul/c4/Dya' floating around and ... no, that's not a thing.
meow
uh

what does this post mean
I'm katze

katze in what way
oh my god this exchange about the c4 post oh god
That is actually legit oof
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

outed wolf wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:36 am i think you have an interesting perspective on the game dys, so id really appreciate your overview when you get to it
Well, it doesn't feel easy. And I'm a player who tends towards wanting to town read people. I'm pretty over my Nut suspicion that I actually did have (Dya was so mad at Nut and went against consensus town read on Nut, which I felt was weird in a bad way). But after reading more and just seeing how Nut posts today, Nut is just town. All flipped scum seems to TMI Nut town in the beginning of their ISO.

I think Zack is town. I had a feeling Zack was not teamed with Dya even before Dya flipped. As I've mentioned before, I think scum was kind of happy to let me be suspicious of Zack in the beginning, and neither Dya or Vulgard said much about it, and I think they would if Zack was teamed, cause he did get some attention then. Also, the post I just pointed out, where Dya follows a defence on them with "Exactly" reads very much like scum piggy backing town.

There's things I like and some things I remember not liking from SPF. I didn't like her posts at the start of D3. I distinctly remember all of her posts reading to me like she just softly town claimed, and that was kind of it. All of her posts were basically "Well I don't know since I'm town" (this is from memory and how I took them). And to be fair, town can also post like this. It's also just the fear. But then, her posting today has been good imo. I did share her thought about Dya/Alison being a possibility earlier in the game, she now says she had the same catch about Zack that I had (which I believe, cause it's just very abnormal for scum to lie like that). I don't know. I could definitely see her posts and perspective coming from her as town here.

Nut has said nice stuff about you and how you went after Dya. So I'll check that myself. I haven't read that yet. When I read (parts of) Vulgard's ISO, I couldn't clear you off of it. Same for Dya really. So the jury is out, but at the same time, I feel I've had ok reasons to town read you throughout the game, particularly, I've felt like you've actually have been interested to solve me and don't know my alignment. I also am quite ready to buy your explanation about the freakout being unnecessary if scum.

c4 is definitely solving the least, yes. He did say he was busy with we-know-what. I don't understand why he votes me or think it's me. It started off with "Why is Dizzy not in the PoE", which have been answered. And today I'm apparently the one. So I would like to know more about that. I think the bigger reason to town read him is actually how he thought Alison was going to claim PT and how he went about that, and this may sound dumb, but I'm not sure why I think that's towny lol. It just seemed a bit out there and weird. But yeah, I'll check again how much c4 tried to get Dya chopped on D2. I remember him being the sole vote on Dya at one point.

Arete, I haven't paid to much attention to before now. I find their posts a bit difficult to digest tbh. I tried reading their post about the Syn slot last day, and I just didn't follow. I've asked a couple of times about their relation to Vulgard, but I don't think I've gotten an answer. There's obviously a relationship there. I wonder if it's like me/Hally or something. The overt defence is absurd, and maybe absurd enough to be two wolves deciding to hard town read each other throughout the game. But I think Arete did it quicker and harder than Vulgard did. I want to check their reaction to Dya having them towards the bottom of their read list when they hadn't interacted much before that.

So... this is not very conclusive. And it's also kind of dumb, and imo not even all that good for cohesion/working together, to list people in most to least town, when in fact there's just one mafia, buuut, I think the way I listed in here is how I might list it in my head right now. Not quite sure between Aroot/c4. You and SPF higher and interchangeable, probably town. Nut and Zack should just be town.
Dyslexicon
<3

Re: PSY 2310 - Cognitive Psychology [DAY 3]

Post by Dyslexicon »

dyachei wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:45 pm arete has the want I think

But that was not what I was looking for.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

dyachei wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:51 pm Villa to wolf list
Amy
Tangy/chloe
Vulgard
visor
Sunbae
nutella
bronana
spf
marl
Dizzy
Arete
C4
Alison
So to be real real, it's probably one of c4 and Arete. This was D2, and Dya was quite heavily suspected. I don't expect them to put both mates more towards townland here, and rather towards distance land. Not that it's conclusive, but it would be very typical.

Now to see what Arete (and c4) had to say about this.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 60
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Just letting y'all know that the original poll deadline had been incorrect (set to end today), so I have corrected that. It'll end tomorrow at 6:01 PM EDT, a minute late because I was a slowpoke.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

I'm exactly in the middle of that list

therefore I'm town :ponder:
Vulgard wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:18 amI've been thinking about Zack lately (no sexual).
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I tried to check the things I wanted to check about Aroot and c4, but it was too hard for my brain and eyes. So

@Arete Did you ever react to the way Dya was reading you? How would you describe your interaction in general?

@c4e5g3d5 Did you work hard to get Dya chopped on D2?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:48 pm Dya/c4 w/w boom
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

I somewhat suspect vulgard made a point of calling my overnight wall not villagy because he knew the reads I expressed in it were utter crap
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

Vulgard wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:19 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:46 pm
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:43 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:42 pm
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:35 pm Imagine I'm voting spf for the first time
town
This mean you know why?
not really - i just see that you're being coy about your reasoning for finding me suspicious and keeping your cards close to your chest, which is the direct inverse of how you approached the early game as a wolf in CoV, which makes me think that youre probably just playing from a villager mindset

(you also agreed with me about arete's vote being vaguely towny even though i did not put that thought into the thread and decided to keep it to myself)
This is too far out there. Her extrapolating so much from that post looks like TMI. Saying SPF is sus for not selfvoting was a meme, but her being quick to townread both c4e and Hally is wolfy. Neither deserves early townreads for their posting. Especially not Hally, who SPF has experience with as both alignments.

Zack notices that about SPF, but his take is "wolf writes a post they think sounds good," not "wolf TMIng c4e/Hally (?)." Still like the fact he chose to point that out, though he isn't committing. V lean.

SPF calling nutella nervous also feels like a conclusion drawn too early. It being instantly sheeped is another thing.
the bold/underlined has been in the back of my mind as a strange thing for vulgard to say

it feels a bit w/w with SPF but it's also in his first post where he writes a million words about SPF in a way that seems w/v so :confused:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 600
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

bronana wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:05 pm his first post where he writes a million words about SPF in a way that seems w/v
I've brought this up a few times but I sorta disagree, I think his early engagement with spf can be w/w because he throws a bunch of shade on her for things that he might be attuned to looking bad on her, and then spends a couple posts saying he's meta-diving her for the purpose of hunting down a reason to call her town and back off. Like I can see it either way but I don't think it's totally out of this world to believe that could be early distancing/theater to look like he's really solving her when he isn't.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Can I have Arete/c4/SPF as my chosen "PoE", though I kind of hate it since two are definitely town, but can I have that?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I want the game to end today, but I don't know who to vote today. Town, be town.

I want to talk to c4 about his read/thoughts on me.

I want to talk to Arete about how they felt when Vulgard was mafia.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

dyachei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 1:30 pm c4 seems much different that CoV. They aren't fucking around as much as they did there
dyachei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:30 pm c4 had a lot of agenda'd posting and joking around in CoV, sunbae. Like a lot of it. It was easy to call him out as a wolf after the first wolf flipped.
dyachei wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:24 pm i actually kind of like her posts. why is she a wolf?
it's worth mentioning that dyachei's treatment of c4 in the first couple pages of the game was fairly friendly - dya immediately brought up that c4 was playing differently from CoV (where he was a wolf) and they prodded at c4's early read on me

im leaning on these posts spewing c4 as town - i think it would be easy for dya as a wolf to get their head into the game by calling out the obvious meta differences between c4's play in this game and his play in CoV, and the way that he prompted c4 to explain his read on me felt like they were TMI'ing both of us as villagers
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

when sunbae broke the game open but i made a few posts vaguely shading wolves at some point in time

staypositivefriend
Hitman

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:19 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:49 pm-i accidentally included amy on two tiers on one of my readslist on d2. does that mean that i'm partnered with amy? what is my wolf motivation for putting vulgard twice on the same list by accident? that doesn't even make sense lol
I mean, this is a super nit pick detail thing, but do you know why it happened at all?
I've seen people accidentally put a name twice in different tiers before. It surprises me a bit from you, because I see you as a pretty systematic player.
in both cases (amy and vulgard), it was because i was actively debating between putting them in two tiers, made up my mind, and then forgot to remove them from the other tier. just stuff that i do when im sleep deprived lol

Return to “Previous Rackets”