The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 60
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: PSY 2310 - Cognitive Psychology [DAY 5]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The day phase will remain at 48 hours.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 600
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Syn wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:11 pm absolutely tanking my win-con, because, uh... I'm expecting you guys to eventually settle on the right layer of WIFOM to derpclear me? Or something?

what is the game plan here
yeah it's probably p much exactly that
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 120

Post by Syn »

at least in post-game no one can give me shit for shielding dya if that's the town consensus you can muster up

ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 481

Post by Dyslexicon »

@Syn I think you are town. Can you please point me to the direction of the last wolf? Please share your wisdom.
Dyslexicon
<3

Re: PSY 2310 - Cognitive Psychology [DAY 1]

Post by Dyslexicon »

Vulgard wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:23 pm I'm finally on my PC and can look at Tangrowth's ISO.

Early on, she seems withdrawn from the game. She hasn't stuck her head out for anyone. She hasn't been involved in a controversial argument. Nothing. She's just been off by the wayside, doing her own solving. She adopted the role of thread moderator in a notable part of her ISO. I don't MIND that, but it's something a wolf can easily do because it doesn't force them to take stances.

A good thing is that her tone has been super friendly, but I'm trying to look past that. This playerlist is stacked, which is why I'm not giving anyone easy townreads/clears. And when I look past her tone, what I see is someone who hasn't taken any notable stances early on. Aside from easy posts like "nutella town," "why is Amy town."

This ends with her readlist and that's why I townread said readlist. Not only is there a read on every player in the game, some of them are very well-reasoned. There are also takes I consider contrarian. For instance, hard town on Dizzy back when nobody knew what to do with them and how to read their attitude. The reads she feel the strongest about have believable-looking reasoning behind them. Dizzy and Nutella reads in particular.

The Dizzy read especially looks like something you wouldn't bother with as a wolf. If Dizzy's your partner and they're inviting people to vote them... Hard shielding doesn't seem like the best of ideas. If Dizzy's town, they're misyeetable if they continue playing like this. In that case, shielding them isn't advisable, either.

I also townread the fact Tangrowth has Dizzy as "strong town" but uses language like:

"the read is subject to volatility"
"light town read"
"not worried even if I should be"
"the read is self-centered'

These parts imply different strengths / qualities of the read. A wolf wouldn't bother. Even if they wanted to fake nuance, they wouldn't decide to make their read so all over the place. It's your fake top townread, just label them as strong town and move on. What Tangrowth does instead is simultaneously express doubt and comfort. This isn't an agenda read, whether whiteknighting or townreading a partner. If the wolf goal was "pocket / defend Dizzy for townpoints," the read wouldn't need to be this way. If the wolf goal was "shield my partner Dizzy," the read STILL wouldn't need to be this way.

The introduction to the readlist also looks very hard to fake from a wolf POV. It goes on about far more things than it needs to. If Tangrowth is a wolf, she decided to produce a high-quality wallpost for no reason. The only suspicion she faced at that point was a weak push from Arete and nobody asked for a readlist.
Tangrowth wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:35 pm
nutella wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:33 pm
Tangrowth wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:26 pm I'm perhaps not going to come close to matching a fair portion of this playlist through sheer reads and/or solving methods. That's not really my strength, especially this early on, and even more so with people I don't know and entering a tense environment with an intimidating playerlist that I felt and feel more so on the outer edges of for the most part. I understand why people are explaining pleasantries as things I do, and I appreciate the kind thoughts that underlie such an association, so thanks, really. It is very important to me that people are having fun, particularly with such an enamored group of players, but I do think I may have been less concerned about the discordance in such a way that it would be easier to find my footing if I had TMI right now, even if I'd still try to put everyone at more ease publicly. As it stands... I just sort of feel like I'm dipping my toes in the pool, trying to get a feel for things, and if that means people are going to be hesitant to town read me because I'm hurling softballs or whatever, that's fine I guess, but I just don't feel like waiting for me to produce is a good way to find me as town. I guess I don't know where I fit in with this town at all yet, and that's not a comforting spot to be in... I like feeling like I have a specific purpose. I realize someone could just say well, make reads, do your own thing, but I am not going to force reads that I don't have (hence the questions), and I don't function well in a corner. I'm not expecting anyone to help me with that, it's my place to try to optimize how I can help win us this game, just musing aloud about it. I'm probably >rand in terms of being a self-oriented person, and I'll try to keep such perspective to a minimum and let you all figure me out or find me however you'd like, but I have a direct responsibility to make myself easier to find from my end too, and I wanted these things said nonetheless because I feel like at least some players will struggle to find me based on what's been said already. Anyway, without further ado, a reads list.
this is SO MANY words and i dont have a GODDAMN clue what it says
????? okay, that's fine I guess. You don't really have to. If it's helpful to someone, great, if not then whatever.
This looks genuine. Genuinely deflated. Doubly so when you consider the context. Nutella had been one of Tangrowth's top townreads, and here she's mistreating Tangrowth. Or rather, doesn't seem to be taking Tangrowth's content very seriously. Instead of wolfreading her for it, or changing her read, Tangrowth just seems sad. ...This isn't a wolf reaction. Because it doesn't look fake. Tangrowth looks genuinely hurt by this post.

I'm not continuing with this ISO, I don't need to. Tangrowth is a villager.

Needless to say, I take back my earlier comment. Her posts didn't leave an impression on me because I didn't really look at them.
This really does not seem like someone talking about their teammate.
Vulgard was leaning the way of distancing and critical questions towards his other teammates (and then didn't vote them when it came down to it). He was riffing more and longer and detailed about his correct town reads, like his read on me.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Nutella town, SPF town, Arete town, Marl town, Syn town.

Two of Visor, Zack and c4 are town. Please let me know who.

Vulgard's posts are too long. But I don't think he talks about Tang or Chloe at all like they are partners. Really just reads to tmi them town. I have found no clearing and in same cases awkward interaction between Visor, Zack and c4 and Vulgard.

I'll continue this later.

I don't really get the sureness on Syn at all here.
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:41 pm @Syn I think you are town. Can you please point me to the direction of the last wolf? Please share your wisdom.
it's unhelpful but I have no idea beyond gut

I am pretty solidly set, I think, on you, zack, and marl town

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

oh yeah nutella is town too

ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

reminder that this post is fairly strong evidence for c4 not being the last wolf unless you want to ultra mega wifom read it lmao

Vulgard wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:38 am c4, dya and KZA are in the "no impressions made" club and I would like them to play the game. I do not townread c4 for a carefully voiced scumread (?) on SPF. That's in any average wolf's wolfrange and I think SPF is too quick to clear them regardless of alignment.

dya and KZA just haven't talked about the game much yet. Dya got offended based on a single accusation if I read that correctly, and KZA 5-posted and dipped.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Syn wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:09 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:41 pm @Syn I think you are town. Can you please point me to the direction of the last wolf? Please share your wisdom.

Alright. Why me as town btw? I thought you said you had some reason to suspect me earlier, or was maybe last game day?

Interested to hear if you can articulate your read on Zack
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

dizzy i just don't really agree that that's not vulgard talking about a teammate re: tangy there, imo it seems like he goes in and finds reasons to call her town like "a wolf wouldn't put in the effort of that readslist" etc that's actually fairly weak. he had previously kinda shaded her for not making an impression and when prodded goes in and "finds" reason to call her town

idk, i can see it either way but i think there's a lot that looks bad collectively for the slot over the course of the game more than anyone else atp
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

nutella wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:12 pm reminder that this post is fairly strong evidence for c4 not being the last wolf unless you want to ultra mega wifom read it lmao

Vulgard wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:38 am c4, dya and KZA are in the "no impressions made" club and I would like them to play the game. I do not townread c4 for a carefully voiced scumread (?) on SPF. That's in any average wolf's wolfrange and I think SPF is too quick to clear them regardless of alignment.

dya and KZA just haven't talked about the game much yet. Dya got offended based on a single accusation if I read that correctly, and KZA 5-posted and dipped.
I mean. Devil's advocate.

1. He already did put 2 of his three teammates there.
2. Dya brought it up as evidence themselves.
3. Earlier, Vulgard made a reference to a past scum game of his where he purposefully treated teammate Alison in a way that made her go deep. So I don't think it's out of his range to plot in exactly that way.

But otherwise sure.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

nutella wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:14 pm dizzy i just don't really agree that that's not vulgard talking about a teammate re: tangy there, imo it seems like he goes in and finds reasons to call her town like "a wolf wouldn't put in the effort of that readslist" etc that's actually fairly weak. he had previously kinda shaded her for not making an impression and when prodded goes in and "finds" reason to call her town

idk, i can see it either way but i think there's a lot that looks bad collectively for the slot over the course of the game more than anyone else atp
I don't think both Vulgard and Dya lolcats if Syn is the last wolf.
Vulgard calls Tang/Chloe 100 % town later too. It reads very tmi to me, and he hasn't treated his other teammates like that at all.
So yeah, I don't think it's Syn.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

[VOTE: Visor] aubergine
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:17 pm
nutella wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:12 pm reminder that this post is fairly strong evidence for c4 not being the last wolf unless you want to ultra mega wifom read it lmao

I mean. Devil's advocate.

1. He already did put 2 of his three teammates there.
2. Dya brought it up as evidence themselves.
3. Earlier, Vulgard made a reference to a past scum game of his where he purposefully treated teammate Alison in a way that made her go deep. So I don't think it's out of his range to plot in exactly that way.

But otherwise sure.
mmmm i guess

it would be pretty wild considering that before the jk he was pretty set to be the deepest wolf so idk if he'd 4d chess his spew like that but. maybe
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:14 pm

Alright. Why me as town btw? I thought you said you had some reason to suspect me earlier, or was maybe last game day?

when I subbed in and had my neighbour chat with SPF, I placed special suspicion on the people who were flying under the radar during the day with Vulgard caught and dya next on the block, with my logic being that a wolf would want to not try and rock the boat

c4, you, and SPF were on that list

but then you showed up, and you were townie, and you also mentioned that your absence was an actual absence, i.e., you couldn't have been here even if you wanted to be, whereas c4 and SPF were here but choosing not to post

that by itself is meaningless. I lurk all the time. but my worldview was that dya was town and there was a concerted effort from the wolves to keep things muddied, and sometimes the best way to do that is to let town be town

I am not 100% certain on that worldview anymore since activity levels have mostly matched what they were when I subbed in, and if it was c4, I suspect he would have used my posting and town's response to it to elevate his town equity instead of continuing to float. he was solidly POE'd, and letting me bite the bullet for one day's chop wouldn't be enough to let him endgame without other work put in

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:14 pm

this will sound stupid but I feel like zack and visor are opposite alignments, and of the two I like zack more

there's no real robust reasoning to be found here tbh

ImageImageImageImage
bronana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 488

Post by bronana »

[VOTE: outed wolf] aubergine

"et tu, bronana?"
Vulgard wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:18 amI've been thinking about Zack lately (no sexual).
outed wolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 642

Post by outed wolf »

What the ever loving fuck are you guys doing

Syn hasn't even given a reason for pushing me

Do you honestly think I push dya from the start of the game and fake mock vulgard for the gavial stuff?

Honestly.
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

At least if arete doesn't defend me we know he's a wolf lmao
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

you never voted dya when it mattered and sure you could fake mock vulgard? you still townread him and it was just playful ribbing

I don't know wtf you were doing yesterday, it was wack and out of character, felt like wolfy trolling
Vulgard wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:18 amI've been thinking about Zack lately (no sexual).
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

Lmao
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

still thought visors stuff about dya yesterday was more likely real than not

but i have had a few reservations on him throughout the game

shrug, still want to go syn today
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

Of course I townread vulgard. I townread him for the same reason you and everyone else did because of the arete vulgard stuff

The only time my vote mattered was the d2 vote on dya and I got battered around for pushing dya mid d2 to the point where I said if you won't go dya then go Amy

I ended up on Alison and regretted it when I had no posts left to switch but Alison decided to not play the game so who cares now

Yes my stuff yesterday was stupid, I panicked and it was dumb
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

I am just saying you mocking vulgard isn't clearing like you suggested it should be
Arete
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 313
Preferred Pronouns: They/them/theirs/themself

Post by Arete »

bronana wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:22 pm I am just saying you mocking vulgard isn't clearing like you suggested it should be
I think I was the one who suggested that actually
Arete
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Arete »

like even if you think that's NAI the conclusion that makes sense to have is 'arete is making reads for dumb reasons' not 'visor is trying to get people to clear him for dumb reasons'
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

Arete wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:31 pm like even if you think that's NAI the conclusion that makes sense to have is 'arete is making reads for dumb reasons' not 'visor is trying to get people to clear him for dumb reasons'
???

it was a direct response to 4220

"Do you honestly think I push dya from the start of the game and fake mock vulgard for the gavial stuff?

Honestly."
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

'visor is trying to get people to clear him for dumb reasons'

that is a misrepresentation anyway

he asked if I thought he would ever do that as w/w, I said sure. nowhere did I say visor is trying to get people to clear him for dumb reasons, that is a grossly editorialized summary

holy fuck this site is so frustrating to try to write posts on mobile
Arete
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Arete »

bronana wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:36 pm
Arete wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:31 pm like even if you think that's NAI the conclusion that makes sense to have is 'arete is making reads for dumb reasons' not 'visor is trying to get people to clear him for dumb reasons'
???

it was a direct response to 4220

"Do you honestly think I push dya from the start of the game and fake mock vulgard for the gavial stuff?

Honestly."
apparently I can't read

weh
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

writing posts here is kinda frustrating but i actually like the regular mobile theme for posting on here compared to the desktop mode and id never thought id say that for a phone

mus sucks
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

er for reading not posting

lol
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

honestly i am sick of trying to sift through whose baffling behavior is from a villager and whose is from a wolf
outed wolf wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:47 pm writing posts here is kinda frustrating but i actually like the regular mobile theme for posting on here compared to the desktop mode and id never thought id say that for a phone

mus sucks
when i use the full editor on mobile 90% of the time it will start deleting random shit when i try to backspace at the end of a post. drives me crazy.
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

this site does load much faster on mobile than mu does for me at least
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

honestly i am sick of trying to sift through whose baffling behavior is from a villager and whose is from a wolf

we all do dumb shit now and then

assuming you're a villa, 7 other players from your pov are villgers so most of the baffling behaviour is from villagers
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

outed wolf wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:50 pmassuming you're a villa, 7 other players from your pov are villgers so most of the baffling behaviour is from villagers
thats what makes it frustrating :noble:
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

bronana wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:49 pm this site does load much faster on mobile than mu does for me at least
ya thats the big reason posting on mu from phone is such a nightmare

that and when you load it up it jumps after a short period of time and you end up clicking a link or going back and its so annoying
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

you still at syn/arete glgl?
Marluxion
The Mark
Posts in topic: 332
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Marl

Post by Marluxion »

[VOTE: Syn] aubergine

We can start here imo
tryharding starts if this is wrong
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 531
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

bronana wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:11 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:26 am arete the wolfiest thing about you today is the fact that i'm even in your POE lol
allow me to have my moment of town entitlement :P
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

i was wondering when you were gonna show up marl lol

re arete/syn idk, yes i guess. i spent some time thinking about what i would do if both of those flipped villa but i wrote it off figuring id be dead pretty soon given i seem to be p much townread outside of syn (that seems to be not quite teh case i imagined so a little more worried here lol)

im not gonna panic and do what i did yesterday so im likely gonna stick with syn today regardless. if the game is still going after that ill have to have a harder think about whether i think we should kill arete.

the problem is if both of those flip villa idk where to go next.

(assuming im dead for greater coverage)

zack
nutella
c4
dyslex
marl
spf

now one of those will also be dead villa at that point, but its at this point shit gets real tricky. most people have a decent amount of stuff going for em
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

feels like a lot of players haven't seriously talked or tried to do much of anything since d3 (or even d2)

this is excruciatingly boring, i don't want another week or whatever of this shit if we're wrong, this mix of boredom and stress is awful
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

feels like a lot of players haven't seriously talked or tried to do much of anything since d3 (or even d2)

not wrong really lol

we were so caught up in killing dya after killing dya and vulgard people hadnt been talking about othe r things, so most of the rest of the playerlist has been untouched
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

what about you

you gonna go syn/arete and then think later?
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:59 pm
bronana wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:11 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:26 am arete the wolfiest thing about you today is the fact that i'm even in your POE lol
allow me to have my moment of town entitlement :P
any thoughts?
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

i mean i guess

vul/dya/syn has been my team for almost a week irl now and there's no rational reason not to continue with it when it's 2/2 so far

whenever i try to discuss anything else it's either ignored or shot down immediately anyway
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

did you read those arete wolfgames?
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

i mean syn has been pushing me for two days and i still cant even tell you the slightest reason why he thinks im a wolf

he just went off and voted me

i mean:
i dont think nutella is a wolf at all
i dont really think youre a wolf even though i should omgus to tilt you :P
i guess i dont think the marl/vulgard stuff is a gambit
i guess i dont think c4 treats dya the way he did as a wolf
i liked spf at the start of the game?
i am perhaps giving too much credit to dizzys vulgard post/crankiness

-----
syn has done basically zero solving?
arete has stopped solving now vulgard is dead?
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

bronana wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:08 pm did you read those arete wolfgames?
i skimmed them. in one he posts 5.6k wall as a wolf as to why they should kill this other guy but kill him first. it seemed like some kind of hail mary

he certainly seems capable of pushing/voting his bros from what i can tell (that was the main thing i wanted to see)

Return to “Previous Rackets”