Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 685
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Cindy Kate & Percy Date Night Mafia <3 [DAY 6]

Post by Sloonei »

I think it’s just Mac.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MartinGG99
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 231
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:05 am
Alison wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:04 am And not claiming is anti town right now so the real question is why aren't you claiming.
I disagree
You say that while a certain recent fallout game had the last wolf coincidentally not claim until essentially, like, day 7 or something very late.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1172

Post by MacDougall »

[VOTE: Gnome] aubergine
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

MartinGG99 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:32 am
Alison wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:04 am And not claiming is anti town right now so the real question is why aren't you claiming.
I disagree
You say that while a certain recent fallout game had the last wolf coincidentally not claim until essentially, like, day 7 or something very late.
And won said game.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 1646
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:31 am Someone explain all three of these things to me
Long Con gave Sloonei a bulletproof vest. That's the most likely explanation for the Night 1 fail.

Gavial sacrificed himself heroically for the greater good so that I may carry on when Owner cupid-arrowed us.

Dana could have saved someone, yes. I think she probably did. I am also enough of a putz to suggest it was most likely me, but I grant that's speculative.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:32 am I think it’s just Mac.
Go off King.
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 260

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I disagree
yes I am aware
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MartinGG99 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:30 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:04 am The holistic production of this review is pretty much a non-decision for Allcrab. My view doesn't change much. However I did highlight the one Made post that speaks to me a good amount, and in Allcrab's favor. I invite perspectives on that one especially.
It favors allcrab fairly (but far from completely).

I think its important to note that Made didn't have a lot of posts (when he has been capable of low and high posting as both alignments) so it may inherently be trying to not show much.

Though it feels like Allcrab did a bit of (metaphorical) dancing on that Made read and not picking a side. If my word is worth anything though, for a long time I only ever slightly town-read Made and wasn't sure of him either though.
Thanks for the response.

@Allcrab could say a little bit about how his feelings on Made developed through the game.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

MartinGG99 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:33 am
I disagree
And won said game.
I am further aware
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Cindy Kate & Percy Date Night Mafia <3 [DAY 5]

Post by MacDougall »

Made wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:02 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:34 pm
Made wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:33 pm What even is a modified tracker?
:shrug: What are your thoughts on the claims of living players? Why have you not claimed?
I think the attention you're putting on me is odd but i kinda appreciate it cuz it grounds my play. The Desperado stuff on you give you a pass for today, but if i were around I'd prob tinfoil at Fx

I like lomo's case on Jay, I think Jay/guilo interactions need to be looked at by non Jay person that's not comf biased as you seem to be on jay. This is doubly true if Martin is town and we're correctly assuming we have 2 scum left. Jay has the gavial hell in the cell working for him, but I do see him being the kind of confident player who would be willing to go for that play for the wifom

I wouldn't put faking mason's past Nanook, it's seeming like this game has a lot of btsc, so the idea of a neutral or evil align btsc sounds, but the case isn't really that compelling to me.

I think Mac's town on tone, he's as meme-y as he was in zelda mash and modern family, in comparison to spiderman where he ignored all my jokes. I think the fact that we're being shipped means we either only have one scum left in a player with less associative reads like martin, or it's just Jay/Guillo. based on my read of threads state, one scum is prob most likely

Allcrab reads fairly clean to me, but that might just be lack of familiarity with the player compared to the

I've already spoken on Alison, and I don't feel like being roasted on TangleStarkPro again. this is all off the top, so if i'm forgetting someone, that person auto sus af for missing my radar

but yeah, sorry for inactivity y'all, i normally don't get too into a game unless we're losing, or i'm getting turbo'd and that didn't really happen till today. I think we still got this tho
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Note: if we started with six mafia (I doubt it), the team is probably Martin/Gnome. Again, I doubt this. Only revisit if it is apparent 5 wasn't enough. Don't you dare revisit this otherwise, stinkers.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

That post was specifically designed to bury me.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I’ve been wondering if I was not in fact the Night 1 kill. It would explain why I’m still alive: I have an in-tact vest and they don’t want to waste a night shooting through it.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

It's very easy to conceive of all of this being mafia Mac. I admire and respect the hustle if so.

To be fair though, I do think his Gnome vote isn't necessarily a terrible one, and Gnome is one I will assess more closely in interactive reviews.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:33 am
Go off King.
You look the least like a person who is earnestly trying to solve the game right now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I have a reasonable secondary explanation actually
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Uh, hmm
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Martin do you think GG is likely a wolf
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:31 am Made was in anti-spew essentially of day 5. Read his posts with that in mind.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Allcrab
The Mark
Posts in topic: 254

Post by Allcrab »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:34 am
MartinGG99 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:30 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:04 am The holistic production of this review is pretty much a non-decision for Allcrab. My view doesn't change much. However I did highlight the one Made post that speaks to me a good amount, and in Allcrab's favor. I invite perspectives on that one especially.
It favors allcrab fairly (but far from completely).

I think its important to note that Made didn't have a lot of posts (when he has been capable of low and high posting as both alignments) so it may inherently be trying to not show much.

Though it feels like Allcrab did a bit of (metaphorical) dancing on that Made read and not picking a side. If my word is worth anything though, for a long time I only ever slightly town-read Made and wasn't sure of him either though.
Thanks for the response.

@Allcrab could say a little bit about how his feelings on Made developed through the game.
Going just by d1 yeah made was wolfy to me considering how they talked about nutella but seeing how wagons ended up d1 and the last two on made being nutella and owner a flipped wolf and someone I was certain was wolf I thought wolves tried to pile on made last minute which made me think they were village and then some posts about alison I reread made me doubt my read and I was fine leaving it there.

Then I didn't think about Made much until d5 where I went with the wagon and stayed with it cuz they didn't really seem to care they were going to be lynched and didn't really seem to be trying much at all so was was like "this either a wolf or a villager I would not want in a lylo situation" so seemed like a win-win either way.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:36 am That post was specifically designed to bury me.
Dunno about that, but I do think that post is a nice look for lost monkey. Made went for the controversial shade on Guillotine and I, and hid behind monkey's conjecture in the process.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:37 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:33 am
Go off King.
You look the least like a person who is earnestly trying to solve the game right now.
wow
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:42 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:36 am That post was specifically designed to bury me.
Dunno about that, but I do think that post is a nice look for lost monkey. Made went for the controversial shade on Guillotine and I, and hid behind monkey's conjecture in the process.
That post is yet another reason to town-read you, but it might be grounds for some gnome skepticism: Made paired you with Guillotine instead of Gnome. Could be because he doesn’t think of Gnome when he thinks of town lover/mason pairings.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:44 am That post is yet another reason to town-read you, but it might be grounds for some gnome skepticism: Made paired you with Guillotine instead of Gnome. Could be because he doesn’t think of Gnome when he thinks of town lover/mason pairings.
I could go either way on that (hard for mafia to not even realize their own teammate is a lover -- seems like it'd be a hot topic in mafia chat). I don't object to you raising the notion though. It's possible.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Made has nothing to say at all about Gnome in that post.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I still think it’s just Mac tho.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:40 am Martin do you think GG is likely a wolf
GTH no, both gut-wise and brain-wise.

I haven't done a lengthy investigation of it though.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Made wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:04 pm Garden gnome missed the radar, smh

@Garden Gnome whatchu bout?
This was Made's follow up to That Post when he realized Gnome wasn't in it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Mac at X:31:
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:31 am Made was in anti-spew essentially of day 5. Read his posts with that in mind.
Mac at X:36, a full 5 minutes later:
We went from "Made was in anti-spew" to "Made was making posts specifically intended to make me look bad" in five short minutes.

If "Made was in anti-spew all of day", then his posts should be treated with more caution than Mac is implying here.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Made wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:09 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:07 pm
Made wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:05 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:04 pm If you think the mason claims can be fake, pairing me with Guillosooa is a bizarre choice.
how so? didn't y'all claim lovers or something?
You're doing it again, I'm afraid.

Gnome and I are casual lovers. Guillotine and Nanook are masons.
do you and Gnome have btsc?
Another one to consider from the perspective of What does Made know about Gnome

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:51 am Mac at X:31:
We went from "Made was in anti-spew" to "Made was making posts specifically intended to make me look bad" in five short minutes.

If "Made was in anti-spew all of day", then his posts should be treated with more caution than Mac is implying here.
Hypocrisy blah blah blah
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

"Casual lovers" is the most unusual claim on the board. But I have trouble objecting to it because I do not see a world in which Jay is mafia. Unless we enter into "lovers of opposite alignments" territory, the only way I can conceive of an argument for either Jay/Gnome to be anti-town is if one of those two is the poisoner and the other is something else not town.

Jay as the poisoner and Gnome as mafia would almost make sense if their mutual claim is less than legit.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:57 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:51 am Mac at X:31:

Hypocrisy blah blah blah
That is not hypocrisy, that is a dishonest mindset.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

It doesn’t work probably, Jay’s incentivized not to poison GG in that spot. I thought of it
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Unless fake poisons which IDK
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Six mafia is reasonably possible if town has two different Mason pairs
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

But I still think in that case the poisoner would have to be mafia and then the Martin/GG thing makes slightly less sense
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Interactions of Made and Garden Gnome

From Made

Made wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 7:48 pm
Garden Gnome wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 7:31 pm
Dana wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 6:26 pm I want to get in a (town) pocket, it sounds so cozy!
I agree. Most of the pockets that I have gotten into have been (scum) pockets. I would much prefer a nice, warm, friendly town pocket!
Made was never the best at meeting new people. But made sure to try to be friendly when the moment allows
Made timidly, yet excitedly wrote: hi! I don’t think we’ve played before, I’m made. I also enjoy friendly pockets. Has anyone pocketed you yet this game?
Made wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:33 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:26 am Interactions of nutella and Garden Gnome

[ANALYSIS SNIP]
Memories flood back from a happier time: A time where Made had been lost, but found the light in JJJ's eyes (eventually...maybe in end game tbh lol).
Does anyone know if JJJ has done one of this crazy play by player anaylsis post as scum? He did this in Bread( or was it Bike?) and I wanted his head for it then
Made wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:52 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:48 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:58 am Act, Gnome, Made, and OC seem to form my premier suspect tier. Allcrab, bad bunny, lost monkey, and MartinGG99 would have to round out whoever's missing. This doesn't take any third party into consideration.

Are at least three mafia not contained above? I ask whoever cares to ponder.
The reason I ask this question is this:

Allcrab, lost monkey, and Martin all look town to me at face value. If I give Allcrab the nod, then I am generally inclined to do the same bad bunny given Allcrab's view.

If all of the above is correct, I need three mafia within [Act, Gnome, Made, and OC] or something has to be incorrect. It could be that three mafia are in that set if we're very fortuitous. These reads aren't without controversy though, especially if your name is Nanook.
Okay, so Act, Gnome, OC. Are we dead in the water if they aren't all scum?
Made wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:57 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:53 am
Made wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:40 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:40 am
Made wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:38 am That said, where is your head on Jay's 4 hit 3?
I have no idea what this means.
Jay's PoE
I am not fully up to date on what names are in and out of it, but if I've learned anything over the last 10 years it's that I probably agree with Jay's POE.
This post is perfectly unhelpful.
the list is Act, Gnome, Me, and OC. The 10 years in agreement this time?

Made wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:36 pm
Garden Gnome wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:34 pm

I got poisoned.
What do you need to know about me?
not much actually! that works out really well lmao. Rough shake tho, I'll catch you in graveyard chat??

There's nothing here that makes me feel anything. They're chummy at times. I think Gnome's style invites chumminess naturally.

~~~

From Garden Gnome

Garden Gnome wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:29 pm
Allcrab wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:55 pm Idk how to phrase this exactly uuuhhhhhh.....is made a brave wolf?
This looks like shade. Can you explain why you think that made might be a wolf?
Garden Gnome wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:22 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:21 pm
Garden Gnome wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:20 pm
Actvscenei wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:00 pm
Seanzie wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:55 pm [VOTE: Actv] aubergine
Wtf...I literally didn’t do anything last night. Either you’re lying or you were given wrong information.
Who do you think killed kito?
it was made i seened him
Should we yeet made?
Garden Gnome wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 11:37 am
hawkataine wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 11:19 am
Garden Gnome wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 11:15 am
Actvscenei wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 7:03 am
Garden Gnome wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:00 am
Actvscenei wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:01 pm @hawkataine, do you really believe your ISO of gnome or...?? Lol the only thing from gnome that feels unlike what I know of her, is the sarcasm. I don’t recall gnome ever being this snarky and sarcastic in past games lol. Like, gnome’s got sass! Lol
It was fun, lol.
:haha:
Aside from Hawk, who else do you think is scum?
Right now, I'm thinking that the scum could include bad bunny, martin, and made.
You think I’m teamed with made and/or Martin?
Maybe. But i have little confidence about this.
Martin did seem like he was distancing from you, so it's possible.
About Made... hmmm. Just don't know.
Garden Gnome wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:49 pm
Made wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:47 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:46 pm Gavial was a roleblocker.
Sonnycrush was a roleblocker.
Lost monkey claims to be a joat who had a roleblock.
have we had 3 flips of the same role yet?
Not really. A joat just has a bunch of one-shot powers.
Garden Gnome wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:07 pm Well, I've just gotten onto Zoom, and I am waiting for my playreading group to start. We are reading Danton's Death by Georg Buchner. Probably not from poison or scum shot, but dead anyway.

Is there anyone who doesn't think that Made is scum? If so, who? And why?
Garden Gnome wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:59 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:53 pm
Garden Gnome wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:50 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:46 pm
Garden Gnome wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:37 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:20 pm
Alison wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:03 am we CFDed sloonei for some reason and I was trying to get you guys to stop doing it because flash wagons are anti town but my internet connection kept dropping so the post wouldn't send, and EOD hit and he flipped 3P poisoner backup
I believe in the power of dreams. [VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine
Why did you serve me poison, disguised as delicious hazelnut truffles? :haha:

You should have known the hazelnut was bad. She flipped mafia on day 1.
It was dark chocolate, and I got greedy! :D
Have you talked about which claims you think are most believable yet?
Not yet.
There have been a lot of claims.
Some of them have to be bogus.
I'm really looking at Esooa because of all of the strange claims that Guillo made. So I need to watch Esooa.
I think that Made is just scum.
Garden Gnome wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:43 pm
Made wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:36 pm
Garden Gnome wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:34 pm

I got poisoned.
What do you need to know about me?
not much actually! that works out really well lmao. Rough shake tho, I'll catch you in graveyard chat??
For sure!
Garden Gnome wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:46 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:29 am POE keeps leading me to the same small piles, so I think I'm just going to have to wait for Made to flip to determine how to proceed. I definitely think Made is the best chop on the board.
I would agree. If Made flips scum, the scramble will be to find Made's scum buddy, as well as the poisoner. My flip will just mean that you're going to have to be more accurate because the opportunity for mischops will grow smaller. If Made flips town, you're really going to have to be super accurate. Also, you need to look at the possibility of a really deep wolf in people who are consistently town read. It's too late to chop people just for playing scummy. You're going to have to put everyone in the PoE. No one should be getting an easy town pass at this point.

There are a few moments here (orange) that could be called "classically suspicious". In a less developed stage of play I'd probably call at least "......hmmmm. Just don't know." a bad sign. I'd like to talk about more concrete things than that on Day 6, but we work with what we have. The red bit shows Gnome joining the consensus at the time against Made. There's too little material for me to trace a tangible progression.

@Garden Gnome I would appreciate if you could talk a little about how your read on Made developed throughout the game.

~~~

Conclusion

There's a case to be made, albeit not the kind that I am going to ascribe a lot of confidence to. I think we're kind of permanently in that place with my dear Garden Gnome though. It's a byproduct of her style. I wouldn't remove her from the POE pool on this basis.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

@Esooa why you silent vote me noob
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:59 am "Casual lovers" is the most unusual claim on the board. But I have trouble objecting to it because I do not see a world in which Jay is mafia. Unless we enter into "lovers of opposite alignments" territory, the only way I can conceive of an argument for either Jay/Gnome to be anti-town is if one of those two is the poisoner and the other is something else not town.

Jay as the poisoner and Gnome as mafia would almost make sense if their mutual claim is less than legit.
Best I can say to this theory is that it'd be a bit wack to make a 3rd party player a lover with anyone. Presumably one of the premier needs of [insert most indy roles here] is to survive -- either for a long enough time to meet some win condition or for the whole game. Lovers explicitly reduce lifespans. I grant in this case they'd have to be activated, but if I am a poisoner with that weird side ability I doubt I ever even use it. I am just too easily killable by any mafia team no matter what I post (and in this game I have begged for it with my posts). The last thing I want to do it make it even more likely by gluing myself to someone else.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:33 pm My claim will make me seem like a wolf.
MacDougall wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:19 pm I am a muse. I target someone every night and it guarantees they get to use their ability (roleblock prevention).

N1 Idled.
N2 I targeted Tangrowth.
N3 Idled.
N4 I targeted Jay.
N5 I intentionally holstered.
Why did you think this claim would make you look bad, mac?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I doubt Gnome is the poisoner for the same reason regarding game design.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:10 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:33 pm My claim will make me seem like a wolf.
MacDougall wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:19 pm I am a muse. I target someone every night and it guarantees they get to use their ability (roleblock prevention).

N1 Idled.
N2 I targeted Tangrowth.
N3 Idled.
N4 I targeted Jay.
I already answered this. I like how you said I looked like I wasn't earnestly solving but hadn't even read the game though. Much open mind.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:08 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:59 am "Casual lovers" is the most unusual claim on the board. But I have trouble objecting to it because I do not see a world in which Jay is mafia. Unless we enter into "lovers of opposite alignments" territory, the only way I can conceive of an argument for either Jay/Gnome to be anti-town is if one of those two is the poisoner and the other is something else not town.

Best I can say to this theory is that it'd be a bit wack to make a 3rd party player a lover with anyone. Presumably one of the premier needs of [insert most indy roles here] is to survive -- either for a long enough time to meet some win condition or for the whole game. Lovers explicitly reduce lifespans. I grant in this case they'd have to be activated, but if I am a poisoner with that weird side ability I doubt I ever even use it. I am just too easily killable by any mafia team no matter what I post (and in this game I have begged for it with my posts). The last thing I want to do it make it even more likely by gluing myself to someone else.
Gnome would be mafia in this scenario. Activating with her reduces the chances of you being killed.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:11 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:10 am

N1 Idled.
N2 I targeted Tangrowth.
N3 Idled.
N4 I targeted Jay.
I already answered this. I like how you said I looked like I wasn't earnestly solving but hadn't even read the game though. Much open mind.
Yup, that's me. The guy who's known for steadfastly reading every post of every game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:11 am Gnome would be mafia in this scenario. Activating with her reduces the chances of you being killed.
I see. Anyway I'm town

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:28 pm It wasn't just the role it was the fact I idled. The role is quite whatever. I also was still thinking we might lose to anti claim up to a point.
prolonged fart noise

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:14 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:11 am Gnome would be mafia in this scenario. Activating with her reduces the chances of you being killed.
I see. Anyway I'm town
I think so too.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Top candidates:

Mafia: Mac, Gnome, Alison

Poisoner: Tony, Mac, Martin

Tinfoil: lost monkey

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I guess I'll do lost monkey interactions instead of just dropping the tinfoil label like a goof.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”