Moderator: Community Team

Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Backyard Baseball

Post by Scotty »

Backyard Baseball

The Original(TM) Baseball game for kids, starring kids! (Except for the occasional 46-year-old Hall of Famer)

A light nostalgia game from your childhood, with some baseball thrown in.
Post limit: 100/day.
24+24/24 phases (wtf does that mean Scotty? Read further)
Plays between 14-18. Will pick randomly between all 30 playable kids. Alignments of characters will be randomized.

Everyone basically starts vanilla, but all players have performance attributes based on their character.
3 Town members will start with a different beneficial duplicate item from the “store.”
X mafia have minor harmful abilities, and slightly better stats than town. They will be given a cover character to claim.

Role claiming is allowed.

-48hr day phase split into two: 1st 24hr picking defense and offensive actions, 2nd 24hr lynching.
-24hr locked Night Phase

Gameplay:

Every player has access to 1 of 2 swings on offense:
Power and Contact
And 1 of 3 fielding positions:
Infield, Outfield and Pitching

Every day phase, players are randomly slotted into 2 non-alignment-indicative different teams: “offense” and “defense”. This will change every day, depending on different factors (see detailed breakdown below). But players will know which side they are on at top of day.
Spoiler: show
Maximum 9 players on defense, 7 players on offense. I will equalize teams between cycles, which will change up initial teams. Uneven count priority goes to offense. Early on, there will only be multiple people covering multiple positions, as 9 people will not always be on defense. If all available players on offense are on base when a new at-bat comes up, a non-player character will pinch-hit to move runners over or else to just hit. Their choices will be purely randomized. Other players may score from these hits, but the NPC does not benefit from scoring or getting on base.
Some players may ultimately be on offense multiple days in a row as numbers dwindle. Priority will go to players that haven’t been on offense as long as others, and batting order will change as such too. At least 1 player will always be left on defense.

Baserunning rules:
Players advance on base exactly the number of bases hit. A player on 2nd will advance only 1 base on a single. A walk will not advance a player on 2nd unless they are forced from a player already on 1st. No stolen bases. No sacrifice flies. No productive outs: if a player gets out, it never advances the runner.

The first poll of the day will show all possible fielding positions (9). Each player on defense must select positions so that only 1 player is occupying each position. (Players may select multiple as the numbers dwindle). If someone does not select, or if there are multiples on one, I will randomize those until there is 1 covering each position.
At the 24 hour day mark (halfway point), all players must have selected a type of hit and a type of position in defense.
Simultaneously, everyone on offense must PM the host 3 times any combination of “Power” or “Contact”. Power sends a ball to the outfield, Contact sends a ball through the infield.
The host will simulate the goings on as if they are commentating a game inning. Batting order will be randomized. Host will roll a d10 with each hit and defensive play.
Batters square off against the pitcher, and a d10 is rolled. A tie results in a ball. (4 balls is a walk.) If the pitcher rolls higher than the batter 3 times in an at-bat, it is a strike out. If the batter rolls higher at all, they move into the Hit phase.

In the Hit phase, the batter will hit the ball to either the outfield (if using power) or the infield (if using contact), rolled randomly by position. The batter’s roll must match or surpass the defense of a player to get on base. <5 more is a single. 5-7 is a double. 8-9 is a triple. 10+ is a HR.

If 3 players get out on offense, the “inning” will end in my commentary. If all players bat 3 times, their selections will repeat.

The lynch poll will go up 24 hours into the day, and will last 24 hours, at which point the highest vote-getter will be lynched.

Night Store:

There is a “point” system in place: if a player gets on base or scores on offense OR gets an out on defense, they receive 1 point. These points can be used to purchase advantages during the Night Phase, or can be used to boost base stats and are usable at night by every player that has them. Points are cumulative.

You may increase attributes 1:1 point-
-base proficiency in each fielding position (max level 5)
-base proficiency in contact (max level 5)
-base proficiency in power (max level 5)

Purchaseable Items
(You may use these the phase they are purchased, if you wish. You may not have multiples of the same item)
1:
-first dibs (first come first serve)
-juice box
-flat brim cap

2:
-walkie talkie (4)
-cool glasses (2)
-snapwatch (3)
-bubblegum (3)

3:
-mom’s credit card (2)

4:
-scouting report (2)
-bandaids (1)

5:
-premium spitball (2)

Power-ups:
(You may only have 1 batting and 1 pitching power-up active at a time. Most recently purchased will be active unless you notify host)
-Batting power-ups
-Crazy Bunt
-Aluminum Power
-Screaming Line Drive
-Under Grounder
-Sonic Boom
-Rubber Bat
-Geyser Hit
-Jumping Bean Bunt
-Lightning Bat
-Piñata Bat

-Pitching Power-ups
-Crazyball
-Big Freeze
-Elevator
-Corkscrew
-Zigzag
-Slowmo
-Spitball
-Fireball

-Mafia Items (only available to Mafia):
???
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Backyard Baseball

Post by Sloonei »

Let me be the first to say: dibs on Pablo.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Seems complicated

I can't wait
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:29 pm Let me be the first to say: dibs on Pablo.
I’m still debating if I’m allowing him in.

He is ranked as the most OP character of all time in some circles, so it would take some balancing
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:09 pm Seems complicated

I can't wait
It’s actually just a lot of upfront reading but won’t be that complicated for the players. I’ll be doing all the rolls

Definitely want to keep it “light”
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Mafia Game Submission Archive”