Cindy Kate & Percy Date Night Mafia <3 [ENDGAME]

JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 1646
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Cindy Kate & Percy Date Night Mafia <3 [DAY 4]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I can see arguments for Martin or Allcrab shots. I trust your own judgment on those options, Sloonei. Between them I take out the crab first.

I comfortably prefer OC followed by Act over both.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 531
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

List of shot targets for Sloonei:

Seanzie: OC, maybe Guillo
Jay: OC or Made???
Martin:
Guillo: Guillo
Alison: OC>Gnome>Actv
OC: OC???
Bunny: Martin >OC???
Actv: None found.
Allcrab: None found.
Gnome: None found - Read OC as town (perhaps worth noting since OC seems the consensus)
LoMo: OC???
Mac: Guillo???
Made: None found.
Nook: Martin? (perhaps worth noting, Nook said not OC)
Tangy: None found.

@Actvscenei @Allcrab @Garden Gnome @Made @Tangrowth please give a target if you havent.

Others, please correct this list if I got something wrong.

There were a few times I guessed when skimming people's ISO's, so sorry if I am misrepping anyone here.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

OC is my preference. I’m not giving Sloonei a tie.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Seanzie wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:16 pm List of shot targets for Sloonei:

Martin:
Gnome: None found - Read OC as town (perhaps worth noting since OC seems the consensus)

@Actvscenei @Allcrab @Garden Gnome @Made @Tangrowth please give a target if you havent.

There were a few times I guessed when skimming people's ISO's, so sorry if I am misrepping anyone here.
Looking at this, OC may be vocal minority consensus rather than true consensus, but the non-vocal majority doesn't seem to have a united target (or any target?).
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Allcrab
The Mark
Posts in topic: 254

Post by Allcrab »

Seanzie wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:40 pm
Allcrab wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:37 pm 1. leaving plenty of time to adjust reads after the shot.

2. waiting for every single person to give input about the shot.

pick one.
Hey, I'd still like to hear from you about the points I made earlier.
what points?
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

UpdatedList of shot targets for Sloonei:

Jay: OC
Martin:

[/quote]

Allcrab
The Mark

Post by Allcrab »

Also don't shoot guillo and don't shoot gnome otherwise I don't care who sloonei shoots just shoot someone.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 231
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Sloonei wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:46 pm Look, I want to shoot at a reasonable time and give everybody a chance to adjust to the results.

But put yourselves in my shoes here: I have had next to zero time to actually play this game over the last 4 real life days. I'm careful and deliberate by nature. I'm not about to dive blindly into this shot when it could end my time in the game if I'm not right. I do not think it is unfair or unreasonable for me to want to have a chance to make myself comfortable with the decision.

And I am not asking you all to "play my game" or any sort of selfish manipulation like that. I am seeking input from others because I am treating this shot as a second chop for the day. I am trying to be democratic.
idk about all yall but if OC (or really anyone else) gets shot I don't think that really shifts reads imo so I don't find the point of "Oh we need time to adjust our reads" to be all that concerning.

if the target is town then *woops* Sloonei died or not-died if vest. Chance's are whoever we shot we might not even listen to their reads for a bit. This doesn't include third-party paranoia, since desperado checks if not-mafia afaik.

If the target is mafia then "oh okay so we just furthered our town advantage over the scum and so we have plenty of time to think it through over night"

I don't mind if @Sloonei even holds his shot till the last minute. At most getting someone green-checked by desperado stops most pressure on them. If they're red-checked, well they died and so now we have more time to catch scum before the apocalypse hits.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Allcrab wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:19 pm
Seanzie wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:40 pm
Allcrab wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:37 pm 1. leaving plenty of time to adjust reads after the shot.

2. waiting for every single person to give input about the shot.

pick one.
Hey, I'd still like to hear from you about the points I made earlier.
what points?
This I think is the main point Sloonei (and definitely me too, but yeah, I don't have a gun) was interested in:
Seanzie wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:39 am So I just found something interesting... D2, Allcrab votes Owner, citing that it is unlikely that Owner did what they said they did. At this point, all Owner had claimed was that she was a fruit vendor who gave a fruit to someone.
Allcrab wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:23 pm Hi so it's extremely unlikely owner did what they said they did so that's neat.

[VOTE: Owner] aubergine
After Owner comes back to the thread and tells everyone she targeted JJJ and Gavial, we get an explanation from Allcrab.
Allcrab wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:49 am Oh just read Alison wants to do some dumb shit to me overnight w/e then I'll just say it though y'all dumb enough to probably be like "no way that true OMGBBQWTF he lying so hard" but yeah I'm the same role as Lomo I can verify his information is correct because I had the same target I was rolling around what this means for Lomo and how likely it is we really have two villagers with the same role he's definitely not lying because we got the same results and if we assuming JJJ was the kill target last night why tf would wolves watch the kill target seems like a waste so I'm like 95% on Lomo being a villager, lolme if I'm wrong tho.
Allcrab wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:52 am This why Owner is very unlikely to do what they said they did btw.
The issue? Well, Owner didn't claim to target JJJ back when it was "extremely unlikely Owner did what they said they did". I asked her if she did, but she didn't answer.

Allcrab dripping with TMI.
Idk if Sloonei is interested in my other post to you, but I sure am since you really seemed to want townpoints for your D1 Owner vote:
Seanzie wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:44 am Allcrab REALLY wants me to give him townpoints for his Owner vote D1. Here is what I can find in his ISO about owner:
Allcrab wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:26 pm Okay nutella's ISO is pretty fluffy for how big it is but it's not so bad as to warrant them being a runaway wagon like this so that's pinging me after I do Owner I need to see what everyone's reasons are for voting there.
Allcrab wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:34 pm Owner can definitely be a wolf they're not going after anyone the way they usually do as village and they feel less paranoid than usual.
These posts look fine, nothing I would clear someone over, but sure, Allcrab expressed suspicion on Owner.
Allcrab wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:59 pm [VOTE: Owner] aubergine

Unless I read through someone and feel stronger about it.
Super duper weak vote though. Literally, Allcrab was primed to move away from Owner if the opportunity presented itself. Townpoints? meh.

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:22 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:46 pm Look, I want to shoot at a reasonable time and give everybody a chance to adjust to the results.

But put yourselves in my shoes here: I have had next to zero time to actually play this game over the last 4 real life days. I'm careful and deliberate by nature. I'm not about to dive blindly into this shot when it could end my time in the game if I'm not right. I do not think it is unfair or unreasonable for me to want to have a chance to make myself comfortable with the decision.

And I am not asking you all to "play my game" or any sort of selfish manipulation like that. I am seeking input from others because I am treating this shot as a second chop for the day. I am trying to be democratic.
idk about all yall but if OC (or really anyone else) gets shot I don't think that really shifts reads imo so I don't find the point of "Oh we need time to adjust our reads" to be all that concerning.

if the target is town then *woops* Sloonei died or not-died if vest. Chance's are whoever we shot we might not even listen to their reads for a bit. This doesn't include third-party paranoia, since desperado checks if not-mafia afaik.

If the target is mafia then "oh okay so we just furthered our town advantage over the scum and so we have plenty of time to think it through over night"

I don't mind if @Sloonei even holds his shot till the last minute. At most getting someone green-checked by desperado stops most pressure on them. If they're red-checked, well they died and so now we have more time to catch scum before the apocalypse hits.
The bigger issue is having enough people present in a small window to actually place votes. No way to know who won’t show up

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Allcrab
The Mark

Post by Allcrab »

Oh I'm being accused of TMI....again.

meh.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:23 pm
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:22 pm

The bigger issue is having enough people present in a small window to actually place votes. No way to know who won’t show up
Okay, well that's valid. I'm ignorant of that because I've been watching thread to some degree at every EoD lol.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Allcrab wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:24 pm Oh I'm being accused of TMI....again.

meh.
Yeah, but this isn't TMI because of a read, this is TMI because you seemed to know who Owner targeted. Not meh.

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 352
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:05 pm @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME what would you say is the point of your Sloonei doubting this phase?
I'm flirting with the idea he doesn't actually have a shot

More seriously, he claimed something that initially looked like it couldn't be true, so far hes been using the threat of the shot in a fairly anti town manner (forcing discussion on the shot target and swallowing up a lot of time on that while also holding the shot)

I don't really think hes mafia but I am annoyed
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Allcrab
The Mark

Post by Allcrab »

Seanzie wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:26 pm

meh.
Yeah, but this isn't TMI because of a read, this is TMI because you seemed to know who Owner targeted. Not meh.
That's just sloonei misrepping the situation owner had claimed to target JJJ by then.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Seanzie wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:19 pm UpdatedList of shot targets for Sloonei:

Martin:
It should say OC on my spot for the record. Though I don't think it really matters since I've @ sloonei with my reasons earlier today among other stuff.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Allcrab wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:28 pm

meh.
That's just sloonei misrepping the situation owner had claimed to target JJJ by then.
It would be me misrepping if anything, but NO.

She had not claimed to target JJJ by then. All she claimed was that she was a fruit vendor, and that she had given a fruit to someone. Timestamps my crab, timestamps.

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:28 pm
Seanzie wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:19 pm UpdatedList of shot targets for Sloonei:

Martin:
It should say OC on my spot for the record. Though I don't think it really matters since I've @ sloonei with my reasons earlier today among other stuff.
Yes, I didn't bother to look at your ISO to find yours since Sloonei said he already had your preference. Next time I get another update, I will add yours to the master list.

Garden Gnome
The Mark
Posts in topic: 272
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: gnome/gnomey

Post by Garden Gnome »

Seanzie wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:16 pm List of shot targets for Sloonei:

Martin:

I would suggest shooting Martin.
Allcrab
The Mark

Post by Allcrab »

Seanzie wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:29 pm

meh.

She had not claimed to target JJJ by then. All she claimed was that she was a fruit vendor, and that she had given a fruit to someone. Timestamps my crab, timestamps.
oh correction then you're misrepping.

meh.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Updated list of shot targets for Sloonei v3:

Martin: OC
Gnome: Martin

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Allcrab wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:31 pm

meh.

meh.
Seriously though? Is this your only defense? Because literally, when you made the original post about Owner not doing what she said she did, she had not said she had targeted JJJ.

Allcrab
The Mark

Post by Allcrab »

Seanzie wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:32 pm

meh.

meh.
Seriously though? Is this your only defense? Because literally, when you made the original post about Owner not doing what she said she did, she had not said she had targeted JJJ.
She did tho.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Allcrab wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:33 pm

meh.

meh.
She did tho.
Timestamps my crab, timestamps.

Please prove it. Quote Owners post where she says that so we can compare timestamps to yours.

Allcrab
The Mark

Post by Allcrab »

I remember cuz before I posted that I glazed over several posts about apparently JJJ said they never got a fruit.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Allcrab wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:34 pm I remember cuz before I posted that I glazed over several posts about apparently JJJ said they never got a fruit.
I also didn't get a fruit. Does that mean that Owner said she targeted me?

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I said I didn’t receive fruit before Owner clarified that she’d sent me fruit.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 685
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:26 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:05 pm @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME what would you say is the point of your Sloonei doubting this phase?

More seriously, he claimed something that initially looked like it couldn't be true, so far hes been using the threat of the shot in a fairly anti town manner (forcing discussion on the shot target and swallowing up a lot of time on that while also holding the shot)

"Forcing discussion on the shot target" is the same as "Prompting discussion about the thread's top suspects." What else are we supposed to be talking about in here?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Allcrab
The Mark

Post by Allcrab »

Seanzie wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:37 pm
Allcrab wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:34 pm I remember cuz before I posted that I glazed over several posts about apparently JJJ said they never got a fruit.
Maybe.

Sloonei wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:37 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:26 pm

"Forcing discussion on the shot target" is the same as "Prompting discussion about the thread's top suspects." What else are we supposed to be talking about in here?
We presumably have two deaths today, forcing discussion onto one is fine...if there's enough time left to figure out the second. Which two hours before eod does not qualify as.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Allcrab wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:37 pm
Maybe.
Did you read that interaction at all before claiming that Owner didn't do what she said she did?

Allcrab
The Mark

Post by Allcrab »

Seanzie wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:39 pm
Maybe.
Did you read that interaction at all before claiming that Owner didn't do what she said she did?
Nope like I said I glazed over it and everyone was talking about JJJ and fruit so I inferred that's who Owner said they targeted.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Seanzie wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:34 pm
Allcrab wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:33 pm

meh.
She did tho.
Timestamps my crab, timestamps.

Please prove it. Quote Owners post where she says that so we can compare timestamps to yours.

Preety strange for Owner to decide to say that to a question asking if they targeted JJJ...
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:02 am
Seanzie wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:29 am @Owner of a Lonely Heart you're here!

Did you target JJJ?
I sent a fruit. It doesn't do much. The person I sent it to hasn't brought it up yet.
Instead of any other question she could have responded to.

Also imo preety easy to glance over it and read it as claiming to target JJJ.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:

I think interpreting that as claiming to have sent fruit to Jay is a not unreasonable thing, especially if fable was skimming
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Legacy thoughts on the player list:

Actvscenei: I am able to articulate an argument for Act to be both town and mafia at this stage. I think she has appeared to demonstrate an active, constructive mindset throughout this game. That is the hallmark of a good civilian game. But I also feel like I can see a savvy mafioso behind several of her posts. See my analysis of her nutella/Owner interactions from Day 1 for a major point of confusion for me.

Alison: Even if I rule out poisoning as a mechanical-confirmation that Alison is town, my attempt to tinfoil her turned up very little. If she is mafia, she has trapped herself in a corner in such a way that would be wildly un-Alison. This is to say nothing of the generally pro-town vibes she is putting into the thread.

Allcrab: Response to Seanzie pending. I have felt vaguely good about allcrab for most of the game, based in part on mechanics. Last night I highlighted a brief moment in his ISO that I thought looked like he was not teamed with nutella and owner: the way he crammed a couple of unrelated comments/reads on the two of them into consecutive posts looked like a micro-moment of being totally unconscious of the significance of either of their names at the time. If allcrab is their teammate, I expect him to be more deliberate about how he discusses each of them.

bad bunny: is about to flip today unless there's another healer out there, so I honestly have not given them any thought.

Garden Gnome: I lean vaguely toward a town read if I absolutely must take a stance, but Gnome has not done anything that makes her off limits as a suspect to me. If I survive, I would like to see how nutella and Owner (and my shot-target, I suppose) treated her when they were alive. Gnome strikes me as the kind of player who will always be at least a little suspicious to some folks (meaning no offense to her at all!), so she's a viable low-hanging fruit option. But wolves don't necessarily like to push those options right out of the gate. Good to leave those option on the table for mid-game.

Guillotine: My town read on Guillo is shrinking ever so slightly, with the caveat that I have not fully read today's events. But every time he shouts at me to shoot him, it makes me think he is a brazen mafioso trying to use reverse psychology on me. There is absolutely zero benefitting to anyone imploring me to target them. If you are town and you want me to shoot you, you are telling me that you want me to die. That only benefits players whose win conditions require lots of dead civilians.
For the most part, I have read Guillo as town based on his tone and the direction of his posts. He has been like a more reserved Gavial, and at times I have felt like the sincerity of his reads is glaring and obvious. But I have never played with Guillo before, so I am unsure how much I should really care about this. Strategically speaking, his play is not out of line with what I might expect an aggressive mafioso to be doing in this game. I do not remember what role he played in the nutella or Owner wagons.

JaggedJimmyJay: I am nearly fully confident in my town read on Jay. For a number of reasons. I have stated several already. A few off the top of my head: He does not take such a passive approach to EoD1 if two of his teammates are on the chopping block. He does not propose and consent to the Night 1/2 "Cupid" plan if he is mafia. His handling of me in particular this game is very much in line with how I feel he should be handling me. I sensed that he was starting to doubt me as I lurked in the shadows on Day 3. Scum Jay probably does not bother to hint at those concerns, however minor they may have been. And lastly, this dude's been traveling across the United States of Murrica all week but has been compulsively stirring things around in this thread to keep it from stagnating all the while.
If this is your first game here, know that Jay and I are regarded as having "god reads" on each other. I am not demanding that my read be taken as gospel, and I want everyone to pursue their own ideas and suspicions to whatever extent they desire, but also I would urge everyone to remind themselves that I very very firmly read Jay as town before you begin to indulge in any serious suspicion against him.

lost monkey: nutella wanted him dead on Day 1. I think that was plain and obvious. lost monkey also seems to have a roleclaim in his favor. lomo is town.

MacDougall: After briefly entertaining some tinfoil about Mac last night, I decided I was being silly. I might be interested in picking it back up much later on if town loses all its momentum and Mac is at the center of that failure, but I don't really see that happening and think that he is just town. his and nutella's treatment of each other on Day 1 did not look like a teammate pairing.

Made: I do not actually think there is anything from Day 1 that makes it impossible for Made to be on a team with Owner and nutella. They were the only three wagons, and both flipped wolves ended up on Made, but that does not mean a whole lot in a world where all three of them are mafia. nutella/owner would have had no town options in that world. I do not feel like Made has done anything pro-town since then. His general lack of awareness of major thread events from last night should be looked into more, either as a point against him or in his favor. TBD.

Martin: If I am being honest, I think his reaction to hawk's claim looks legitimate. I don't think Mafia Martin goes all scorched earth like that if he's the mafia healer, and I think it makes a hell of a lot more sense for him to have been sincere about his suspicion. I also thought he responded very well when I put a little bit of pressure on him last night. I would call Martin a moderate town read at this point, but that is not a lock.

Nanook: Feels town because of Day 1, and his humbugging over my play this phase feels sincere. But I am historically not the best at reading nanook. I have not been concerned about him at any point this game.

orangecrush: meh whatever I'm just gonna shoot OC. So we'll have this slot resolved shortly after I hit Submit on this post.

Sloonei: I will also be resolved shortly after I hit Submit on this post.

Seanzie: Not counting Jay and the mechanially-confirmed Tangrowth, Seanzie is my most confident town read. I feel like he has been the most proactive player in this game. His reads have been nuanced far beyond the scope that I would expect from a typical mafioso. His insight and the content he has helped to generate are some of the best in the game to this point.

Tangrowth - Is mechanically confirmed town thanks to my desperado predecessor.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

IIRC most of PerC crew not used to this level of activity?

And that was day 2.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Allcrab wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:41 pm
Maybe.
Nope like I said I glazed over it and everyone was talking about JJJ and fruit so I inferred that's who Owner said they targeted.
So just to be sure, you strongly scumread Owner, but didn't bother to carefully read her posts about a particular event before claiming partial mech info on her and that particular event?

I can't really reasonably refute the idea that Allcrab is just being lazy!town here, but like... wtf?

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Also a quick note about the results of my shot: If I die, it means that my vest has been spent elsewhere already. This could very well mean that I was the Night 1 kill target. That would be my first guess, at least. It is not a guarantee, but it's a reasonable bet to make. I'm noting this just so that it is not lost later on, since I won't be here to point out it if it is the case.

If my target (gonna be orangecrush) dies then hooray. If nothing happens then I would assume that means OC is town and my vest is still in tact. I certainly hope there is at least host-confirmation that a shot has taken place if this happens, or else I will have no way of proving to you all that this was not a big ruse.

@orangecrush sorry! I will admit that part of the reason I am choosing you over Made is that you are from PerC, and if you are town then I want to give you the opportunity to play the rest of this game without any pressure on you. So there's that! And if you're mafia, no hard feelings, obviously. A townie's gotta do what a townie's gotta do.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Bless, Sloonei. I hope this goes our way and that's not your final post, though I appreciate the legacy.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Allcrab
The Mark

Post by Allcrab »

Seanzie wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:47 pm
Allcrab wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:41 pm
Maybe.
So just to be sure, you strongly scumread Owner, but didn't bother to carefully read her posts about a particular event before claiming partial mech info on her and that particular event?

I can't really reasonably refute the idea that Allcrab is just being lazy!town here, but like... wtf?
I heard owner claim fruit vendor and that was enough for me to not look into it further that's one of her favorite roles so ofc she fakeclaimed that lol.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I am underwhelmed with allcrab's responses to seanzie thus far.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 35
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Something strange has happened.

The thread will be locked momentarily.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 35
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Poor orangecrush. Her friend Sonny had to bail on a blind date, and asked her to fill in his place. But when she arrived, her date had flaked completely! She was left all alone in the Citrus Tavern, sipping a pomegranate painkiller in the corner...

@orangecrush has died. She was a...

Mafia Roleblocker

Day 4 continues. You may now post again.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Allcrab
The Mark

Post by Allcrab »

ez games.
Allcrab
The Mark

Post by Allcrab »

gj sloonei.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nice.

hey guys im town lol
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
orangecrush
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 63
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by orangecrush »

Thanks for having me everyone
Allcrab
The Mark

Post by Allcrab »

how many left? 2 give or take?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

That'll work. I was a bit nervy there.

First thought is that Garden Gnome looks like a teammate just from today's shenanigans.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Fuck yeah!

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”