Cindy Kate & Percy Date Night Mafia <3 [ENDGAME]

Allcrab
The Mark
Posts in topic: 254

Re: Cindy Kate & Percy Date Night Mafia <3 [DAY 4]

Post by Allcrab »

[VOTE: orangecrush] aubergine

I am ready to be taken on this ocean of flavor.
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 580
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

[VOTE: orangecrush] aubergine
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Also wait.

Mac you said you have a heal, are you counterclaiming Martin or did you get the heal some other way?
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 531
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

Alison wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:15 pm
orangecrush wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 5:32 pm Actually self admittedly shit posting is anti town because it disrupts the thread which could be used for good solving discussion and it clogs up the thread with stuffs that we don't need. Like I've already said Gavlis did this in the last hame I played exactly the same and yes he was scum

Fake red checking someone if you are town would be hilariously anti-town so the question is Just how bad are you as town because if the answer is not very then the plausible explanation is anti-town you is not actually town this game.

Any reasonablly good town lplayer doesn't have to fake check someone to get people to vote them too they can get those votes anyway, wouldn't you agree with that?
lets kill this

Sonny's posting plummeted after a bad start to the game by scum and now his replacement is trying to get mac run up for shitposting and faking checks
Just to give some context, this is like Orange's 4th or 5th game. She is very good for how inexperienced she is, but she hasn't played a lot. To my knowledge, if she is wolf, this will be her first game as wolf.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Actvscenei
The Mark
Posts in topic: 303
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Actvscenei »

[VOTE: Orange] aubergine
Guillotine
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 694
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: King of Bastard Games

Post by Guillotine »

orangecrush wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 5:32 pm Actually self admittedly shit posting is anti town because it disrupts the thread which could be used for good solving discussion and it clogs up the thread with stuffs that we don't need. Like I've already said Gavlis did this in the last hame I played exactly the same and yes he was scum

Fake red checking someone if you are town would be hilariously anti-town so the question is Just how bad are you as town because if the answer is not very then the plausible explanation is anti-town you is not actually town this game.

Any reasonablly good town lplayer doesn't have to fake check someone to get people to vote them too they can get those votes anyway, wouldn't you agree with that?
lets kill this

Sonny's posting plummeted after a bad start to the game by scum and now his replacement is trying to get mac run up for shitposting and faking checks
Just because he is against fake claiming as town does not mean he is scum. I've met players who policy yeet other townies for the same.

Do you townread Mac?
Awards

Played
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
orangecrush
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 63

Post by orangecrush »

lets kill this

I can't speak for sunny but I do stand by my reads and am confident in them despite the hawk flip and in my head it makes a lot of sense that such play would be by a scum player, especially after recent games I played. I totally understand voting me though and to be honest I've had a hard time catching up with the game
Guillotine
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 694
Aka: King of Bastard Games

Post by Guillotine »

orangecrush wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:23 pm

lets kill this

I can't speak for sunny but I do stand by my reads and am confident in them despite the hawk flip and in my head it makes a lot of sense that such play would be by a scum player, especially after recent games I played. I totally understand voting me though and to be honest I've had a hard time catching up with the game
How long have you been playing Mafia? @orangecrush
Awards

Played
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Guillotine wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:22 pm

lets kill this

Just because he is against fake claiming as town does not mean he is scum. I've met players who policy yeet other townies for the same.

Do you townread Mac?
yea

he got nutella whacked and was happy to go along with owner even as early as d1
Actvscenei
The Mark

Post by Actvscenei »

lets kill this

You say you understand why people are voting you. Why do you think people are voting you?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1172

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:21 pm Also wait.

Mac you said you have a heal, are you counterclaiming Martin or did you get the heal some other way?
Oh it was a typo, I meant heel. I have a heel. Like the heel of my foot. But only one.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 685
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Hello. I was a 1-shot universal backup. Now I am a 1-shot desperado. I wanted this to happen yesterday, but a roleblock prevented me.

I intend to shoot today. I may or may not still be protected by LC’s vest. So, who do I shoot?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 1646
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:34 pm Hello. I was a 1-shot universal backup. Now I am a 1-shot desperado. I wanted this to happen yesterday, but a roleblock prevented me.

I intend to shoot today. I may or may not still be protected by LC’s vest. So, who do I shoot?
I suggest orangecrush. Many will say Martin. I am personally more confident about orangecrush. I’d suggest taking your time.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:34 pm Hello. I was a 1-shot universal backup. Now I am a 1-shot desperado. I wanted this to happen yesterday, but a roleblock prevented me.

Shoot guillo
Alison

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:34 pm

Oh it was a typo, I meant heel. I have a heel. Like the heel of my foot. But only one.
I have two, you got scammed.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:37 pm

I suggest orangecrush. Many will say Martin. I am personally more confident about orangecrush. I’d suggest taking your time.
This is the first time I have heard you say this.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:37 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:34 pm

I have two, you got scammed.
well ain't that a sumbitch
orangecrush
Stool Pigeon

Post by orangecrush »

Actvscenei wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:31 pm

lets kill this

You say you understand why people are voting you. Why do you think people are voting you?
The games I have played I have been able to make people know I am town but these games I have been caught up and this game I know I'm still not even half way through the thread and I've been trying to catch up but I've also been busy , I was wrong about hawk being scum which sucks too and look bad but the things I have noticed and pointed out are things I hope are considered because I have died early last few games and it is very frustrating seeing things and not being able to point them out
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DeeEEEEeeesperadooooo

why don't you come to your seanzies
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:37 pm

I actually have few beefs with Martin beyond today’s snap TMI accusations. I’ve been calling OC mafia for a while.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I don’t think duplicate claims are a great reason for a chop. That’s casing the hosts.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:39 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:37 pm

I actually have few beefs with Martin beyond today’s snap TMI accusations. I’ve been calling OC mafia for a while.
Alrighty
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Martin's claimpost makes it look very much so like he was expecting another healer claim. He claims this is not the case, but honestly I don't believe him. Couple that with the fact that two 1-shot town healers just seems weird, Martin's claim is dubious af.

Couple that with lackluster play throughout the game, and a super shady uncalled vote on Owner with a defensive remark after I called him out on it, and I think Martin is an extremely good shot.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:39 pm I don’t think duplicate claims are a great reason for a chop. That’s casing the hosts.
I think it's pretty obvious Martin isn't a healer lol.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Seanzie wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:41 pm

Martin's claimpost makes it look very much so like he was expecting another healer claim. He claims this is not the case, but honestly I don't believe him. Couple that with the fact that two 1-shot town healers just seems weird, Martin's claim is dubious af.

Couple that with lackluster play throughout the game, and a super shady uncalled vote on Owner with a defensive remark after I called him out on it, and I think Martin is an extremely good shot.
what he said
Alison

Post by Alison »

I had the exact same thoughts as Martin and I don't have TMI so I see no reason to think he has TMI either
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:39 pm I don’t think duplicate claims are a great reason for a chop. That’s casing the hosts.
What about Martin seeming to know that there was going to be a second claim?

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:41 pm
I’m open to hearing about it. No clue why he claims the save on Alison if not.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I am not entirely sure I want Sloonei to fire at all.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Seanzie wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:42 pm
What about Martin seeming to know that there was going to be a second claim?
I think your beef is valid but also presumes things about Martin’s language that don’t have to be presumed. There’s no necessity that he had to mean another healer exists.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:42 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:41 pm
I’m open to hearing about it. No clue why he claims the save on Alison if not.
Ok maybe he is a healer.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Two one shot healers is indeed weird. That is the strongest case against Martin. Why have two when they'll both heal me D2 and waste their shots? Frankly I don't know. I concede this point.

I don't know why Seanzie thinks Martin was baiting out the healer claim, please elaborate on that. What does he have to gain by it?

I care 0% about his uncalled vote.
Actvscenei
The Mark

Post by Actvscenei »

orangecrush wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:38 pm

lets kill this

The games I have played I have been able to make people know I am town but these games I have been caught up and this game I know I'm still not even half way through the thread and I've been trying to catch up but I've also been busy , I was wrong about hawk being scum which sucks too and look bad but the things I have noticed and pointed out are things I hope are considered because I have died early last few games and it is very frustrating seeing things and not being able to point them out
Okay, here are the problems I’m seeing with this post...I asked you why you thought people were voting you because you made the statement that you understood why people are doing that. Instead of answering the question, you’ve used this as a chance to appeal to emotions. Nothing here actually answers the question and it’s a very political response. I didn’t ask you about how busy you’ve been or your frustration level this game.

You did mention a wrong read about Hawk. Am I to assume that’s why you think people are voting you? Because you read Hawk wrong?
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Alison wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:43 pm Two one shot healers is indeed weird. That is the strongest case against Martin. Why have two when they'll both heal me D2 and waste their shots? Frankly I don't know. I concede this point.

I don't know why Seanzie thinks Martin was baiting out the healer claim, please elaborate on that. What does he have to gain by it?

I care 0% about his uncalled vote.
I don't know his intent, all I know is that his claim post reads a WHOLE LOT like he knows there is going to be another healer claim. If I had to guess at a scenario in which Martin may claim the way he did, he is a mafia healer, knows the poisoner is not mafia, and assumes there is also a town healer, either by just guessing, or because perhaps he didn't heal you. Claiming the heal gives his claim more credibility than the other healer claim he was expecting.

He was afk for most of D2 iirc, so him popping in 4/5 the way through to place a vote on Owner and leave without saying anything is shady. I don't care if you don't care, it is.

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

@Sloonei who do you want to fire at?
orangecrush
Stool Pigeon

Post by orangecrush »

Actvscenei wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:45 pm

lets kill this

Okay, here are the problems I’m seeing with this post...I asked you why you thought people were voting you because you made the statement that you understood why people are doing that. Instead of answering the question, you’ve used this as a chance to appeal to emotions. Nothing here actually answers the question and it’s a very political response. I didn’t ask you about how busy you’ve been or your frustration level this game.

You did mention a wrong read about Hawk. Am I to assume that’s why you think people are voting you? Because you read Hawk wrong?
No actually it is the fact that the poor grasp I have on the game currently is not enabling me to offer as much as I feel like I'm usually able to. I keep seeing things mentioned in the thread that I had no knowledge of happe ING and are things that would be sure to sffect my reads

The hawk read I had didn't help though, but I know it's OK to be wrong about things too

Can someone explain what is a desperado
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

If Martin is mafia I think he’s a mafia healer. It’d essentially mean we got yesterday backwards.

I don’t think this situation is a red check or anything like that. If Martin can’t be town, then Allcrab/lost monkey can’t both be town either (hence Nanook’s perspective).

I think hawk left us with an important legacy point though: if the duplicates are just auto-split between alignments, then that’s outing. It’s a silly way to build a game, and I think going that way by default is iffy.

I do think Allcrab is independently suspicious and that a valid case can be made for Martin. So the conclusion is okay even if I don’t vibe with the process.

I think OC is the most independently suspicious player in the game though, and by a decent margin. Bad bunny would be up there if not for Allcrab conflicts.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

orangecrush wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:51 pm

lets kill this

No actually it is the fact that the poor grasp I have on the game currently is not enabling me to offer as much as I feel like I'm usually able to. I keep seeing things mentioned in the thread that I had no knowledge of happe ING and are things that would be sure to sffect my reads

The hawk read I had didn't help though, but I know it's OK to be wrong about things too

A desperado is a role that in the day phase, they target someone. If their target is mafia, their target dies. If their target is town, the desperado dies. It is a variation on the vigilante roll.

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I dunnooooooo Sonny did just yolo his vote onto nutella then bail
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

what happens if the desperado shoots a 3p? does it act like they shot a mafia or they shot a town?
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Cindy Kate & Percy Date Night Mafia <3 [DAY 1]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sonny wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:03 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:00 am @Sonny vote nutella
Lol, sure

[VOTE: Nutella] aubergine

I actually have a meh read on them anyway, only note is the insta town read on Kito which must have been a joke but yall are dropping so many sincere townreads over air so who the hell knows anymore.
Doesn’t make me feel much

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

MacDougall wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:55 pm what happens if the desperado shoots a 3p? does it act like they shot a mafia or they shot a town?
I asked the hosts and they said that I am not meant to know.

orangecrush
Stool Pigeon

Post by orangecrush »

Seanzie wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:53 pm
lets kill this

A desperado is a role that in the day phase, they target someone. If their target is mafia, their target dies. If their target is town, the desperado dies. It is a variation on the vigilante roll.

So it mitigates the loss if the shot goes wrong, I think if I'm the most suspicious player then it makes sense to use it on me because that way it solves me for people and I can continue to help the town. It wouldn't be optimal to use it on me as I not mafia but I don't think it would be unhelpful
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Seanzie wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:56 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:55 pm what happens if the desperado shoots a 3p? does it act like they shot a mafia or they shot a town?
I asked the hosts and they said that I am not meant to know.
@Sloonei are you meant to know?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Cindy Kate & Percy Date Night Mafia <3 [DAY 1]

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:56 pm
Sonny wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:03 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:00 am @Sonny vote nutella
Lol, sure

[VOTE: Nutella] aubergine

I actually have a meh read on them anyway, only note is the insta town read on Kito which must have been a joke but yall are dropping so many sincere townreads over air so who the hell knows anymore.
Doesn’t make me feel much
Pretty sure this vote took Nutella from 1 vote ahead to 2 votes ahead btw.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

orangecrush wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:56 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:53 pm

So it mitigates the loss if the shot goes wrong, I think if I'm the most suspicious player then it makes sense to use it on me because that way it solves me for people and I can continue to help the town. It wouldn't be optimal to use it on me as I not mafia but I don't think it would be unhelpful
"help the town"
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Orange helping the town and tunneling Mac are mutually exclusive sorry
Allcrab
The Mark

Post by Allcrab »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:53 pm If Martin is mafia I think he’s a mafia healer. It’d essentially mean we got yesterday backwards.

I don’t think this situation is a red check or anything like that. If Martin can’t be town, then Allcrab/lost monkey can’t both be town either (hence Nanook’s perspective).

I think hawk left us with an important legacy point though: if the duplicates are just auto-split between alignments, then that’s outing. It’s a silly way to build a game, and I think going that way by default is iffy.

I do think Allcrab is independently suspicious and that a valid case can be made for Martin. So the conclusion is okay even if I don’t vibe with the process.

I think OC is the most independently suspicious player in the game though, and by a decent margin. Bad bunny would be up there if not for Allcrab conflicts.
Have sloonei shoot me then, solves two people if they telling the truth.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

I think people should only give suggestions for wolves for Sloonei to shoot. None of this "oh shoot me, it will do us good" crap I'm seeing from Orange and AllCrab. Unless you're admitting to a wolf, you should give a target that you think is a wolf to help Sloonei decide and to help us read you.

Allcrab
The Mark

Post by Allcrab »

Seanzie wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 8:17 pm I think people should only give suggestions for wolves for Sloonei to shoot. None of this "oh shoot me, it will do us good" crap I'm seeing from Orange and AllCrab. Unless you're admitting to a wolf, you should give a target that you think is a wolf to help Sloonei decide and to help us read you.
Allow me to reiterate.

@Sloonei

hey sloonei I think you should shoot me.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”