Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 685
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Cindy Kate & Percy Date Night Mafia <3 [DAY 3]

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:16 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:14 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:11 pm Let’s not forget that the original nutella counterwagon I endorsed was Owner. :meany:

From an external view the cupid effect is unconfirmed, yes.
Did you not say that you and gavial were forced to choose which of you would live or die today? I took that to be the cupid effect.
Yes. Folks who aren’t me can think I’m lying.
Well that doesn’t apply to me.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Guillotine
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 694
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: King of Bastard Games

Post by Guillotine »

What if i to.d you that JaggedJimmyJay is the deepwolf?
Awards

Played
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 531
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:12 pm Also Made can still be mafia. Both confirmed mafia to vote him were also wagons.
Sure, theoretically we have nothing that proves otherwise. What do you think the likelihood of this is though?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

hawkataine
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 188
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Cindy Kate & Percy Date Night Mafia <3 [DAY 1]

Post by hawkataine »

Dana ISO:
Dana wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:45 pmthe wolves are so good at gaining everyones trust :cry: and then they just turn around and kill us all
This was a response to gnome which I think I initially town read Dana for, and I think I'll stick by that for now. I think she gets buddied by gnome quite hard, I can't be bothered to quote them all, and I'm interested to hear from her on why she sussed owner for pocketing her but not gnome? @Dana why did you feel there was a difference there?
Dana wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:54 pm Alison seems to kind of roll up and somehow very quickly get a handle on what's going on. from what I know of her, she seems to be super logical and analytical which makes her a strong player. I trust her for the most part, but still a little warily for now
Alison had stated a town read on Dana before now, very early in the game. I think this is a good look that fits with someone who is like... you're right... but how >_>
Dana wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:09 am
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:06 am
Dana wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:57 am
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:56 am
Actvscenei wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:01 pm
Dana wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:18 pm hello everyone! I'm so nervous but also very excited to make lots of new friends!!
This post has my attention. Don’t like it. Seems scummy.

Let’s get to know each other more so I can get rid of this icky feeling. What are you most excited about and what are you most nervous for?
Oof, this "icky feeling" pinged me...I wish I saved a screenshot of the votes to know if I mind melded with some people
Afaik actv is the only person that's voted me, but I'm happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have!
[/spoiler]

You have a gentle presence. I'm not use it. It feels nice.
Wait that's so kind... Are you trying to pocket me? bc it might be working :puppy:
Dana wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 5:16 am nutella - im very tempted to sheep the ppl who know her better but I feel like there isn't really a consensus on her there so... v confused. Mac seemed to go back and forth a lil bit on her but is currently voting her so maybe the consensus is wolf. idk I am very tired and this is taking too many brain cells

Owner of a Lonely Heart - very very confused about the whole upgaymers/spicy thing. also felt like she might have been trying to pocket me a lil bit which makes me sus. potentially an okay day 1 sheep vote? aaaaaaaaaaaaa
Followed up by an owner vote that was admittedly very late in the day. I could see the angle here that she was trying not to vote nutella, but I really don't think these two posts look like she's teamed with owner, plus not voting nutella achieves pretty much nothing when you vote a different scum buddy instead.

Her read on made from the same post, for reference:
Dana wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 5:16 am Made - we know each other pretty well outside of mafia but im not sure how great I am at reading him in-game. I think the bit is NAI for him though, he is pretty goofy generally and just likes to have a good time, but I think I might need some more posts to go off of to attempt a real read on him. null for now
Dana wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 4:20 pm I still need to catch a few pages up before eod1 but I want to look more into Alison's belief yesterday that Nutella and owner were wolf partners
Yeah I really don't think that's how you enter D2 if you're teamed with both of them, I also like the continuation of the respect/town read of Alison here.

Post 2570: https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic ... 61#p796461 is far too long to quote for what is essentially a comment on vibes, but I really like her progressions here and the posts she provides as evidence which seems like legitimate note taking
Dana wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 1:28 am
Gavial wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 1:25 am Might as well claim it before I go to bed

ME TARGETING HAWK IS THE REASON THERE WAS NO NIGHT KILL LAST NIGHT!

Alright good night everybody!
do you know this or are you just assuming this bc there wasn't a kill so you think it must have been her?
I think this looks good but I understand if nobody else does lmao

TL;DR: I think she has good interactions with owner, especially, and is unlikely to be teamed, as well as showing evidence of consistent though processes and progression. I'd say around 17% mafia.

@Actvscenei I know you asked me about this one
Seanzie wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:41 pm
Allcrab wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:40 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:39 pm What Would Hawk Do?
Survive off a diet of mostly small rodents?
[VOTE: Marmot] aubergine
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Guillotine wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:19 pm What if i to.d you that JaggedJimmyJay is the deepwolf?
I would shake my head and say nah
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 1646
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Seanzie wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:20 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:12 pm Also Made can still be mafia. Both confirmed mafia to vote him were also wagons.
Sure, theoretically we have nothing that proves otherwise. What do you think the likelihood of this is though?
No idea. If I have to guess call it flatly random — mafia-compatible low-key play offset by the possibility that he was a save wagon for nutella/owner/xyz
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Not convinced this game has a “deepwolf” frankly. Folks can entertain theories as they please, but until this game proves to me that it’s worse than it looks I am not worried about it.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
hawkataine
Stool Pigeon

Post by hawkataine »

I forgot to do the third page of Dana's ISO because it was getting too long lol. I have now read it and I don't think I have anything incredibly pressing to add. I think she might have some 3P potential, as someone trying not to draw attention, but nothing too concerning.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

hawkataine wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:25 pm I forgot to do the third page of Dana's ISO because it was getting too long lol. I have now read it and I don't think I have anything incredibly pressing to add. I think she might have some 3P potential, as someone trying not to draw attention, but nothing too concerning.
Worth consideration.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I have a vague impression that sonnycrush is mafia, but I’ve read none of orange’s posts since they subbed in, and I did not spend much time looking at sonny either. This is mostly a POE-derived read.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
hawkataine
Stool Pigeon

Post by hawkataine »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:26 pm
hawkataine wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:25 pm I forgot to do the third page of Dana's ISO because it was getting too long lol. I have now read it and I don't think I have anything incredibly pressing to add. I think she might have some 3P potential, as someone trying not to draw attention, but nothing too concerning.
Worth consideration.
Yes sorry by 'nothing too concerning' I meant there's nothing that would explicitly lead to a 3P read on her. I do feel like she has been asking a lot of mechanics questions which might mean she feels like she has a lot of responsibility, but this really is just a vibes stretch. I'd put her 3P potential at like 35%.
Guillotine
Racketeer

Re: Cindy Kate & Percy Date Night Mafia <3 [DAY 2]

Post by Guillotine »

Kito wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:42 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:39 pm
Kito wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:36 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:20 pm I received [an item] last night. So I would speculate that we have an abundance of gift-giving roles. I do not think I would have been Owner's target. She was more suspicious of me than not on Day 1.
Why didn't you say anything before?
There was no reason to.
And there is now?

Cancel my town read on you, this timing is pretty atrocious
Let's look into why Kito died las night.

Has someone claimed gifting something to Sloonei already? I have not seen it.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sure hawk, I’m just acknowledging what you’d said. I hadn’t thought of Dana in that capacity prior.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Kito wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:28 pm In similar news I'm also a bomb
Did Kito see his death coming?
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Kito wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:56 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:52 pm
Kito wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:50 pm I'm actually more surprised by gnome than sonny there.
I think it's a product of the game state. Enough people seem town to me that there aren't many worlds where the unknown wild card is also town. I have very little confidence in any read on Gnome.
Which is fair, she's that kind of player. After being wrong on gnome several times, I've started reading her more as someone who is more interested in having fun and improving their own play, rather than trying to win as a priority. By that metric she's towny to me right now.

That, and the other three players in your POE have hardly made an effort (if any) to discuss owner, gnome at least entertained the idea and gave her opinion.
What players were JJJ PoE at the time?
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Guillotine wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:31 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:20 pm I received [an item] last night. So I would speculate that we have an abundance of gift-giving roles. I do not think I would have been Owner's target. She was more suspicious of me than not on Day 1.
There was no reason to.
And there is now?

I do not think there has been any reason to claim for the person who gifted me if they are legit.

How do you think this would tie into kito’s death?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MartinGG99
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 231
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

There was no reason to.
And there is now?

My personal opinion/theory is that they believed having Owner + Nutella flip, while Kito having unvoted at EoD1 and his D1 ISO, spewed him very likely town.

I think even more so if Made was town that they were trying to save Nutella on at EoD1. It could still be possible if made were mafia, and just the preferred mafioso to go, but I'm not really feeling that at the moment.

Besides, maybe its a moonshot to encourage friction among the town-read players. Could be my preference or confirmation bias though; I generally favor those kinds of kills if I were mafia and thought I wasn't in a good-enough position to make to an F-X and have a decent chance of winning F-X.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
hawkataine
Stool Pigeon

Post by hawkataine »

MartinGG99 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:08 pm Well, up until a few minutes ago I didn't have any significant interest in anyone in particular being deleted.

I read through Allcrab's ISO and I felt that knowing Owner's alignment could help me get a better idea of whether Allcrab is w/w compatible with Nutella or not. Obviously, if Owner is mafia, then I have doubts that Allcrab is mafia as well.
This is a really weird reason to vote owner and one that I haven't seen him mention at all today
MartinGG99 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:16 pm @Long Con

Unless there's another 1-shot healer, I want to put you on notice that you may be actually dying from poison.

I don't think there's fake poisons given that I'm 1-shot, though I realize that can also be indicative of having the healing ability split up. I doubt that though because there's, to my knowledge, no way to prevent two healers from accidentally healing the same person on the same day.
In which Martin thinks there will be another healer
MartinGG99 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:54 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:38 pm Anyone:

Why is hawkataine town?
Their entrance gave me the impression of being disorganized in a non-wolfy way, such as mentioning that they forgot their town-leans.

They also had similar thoughts as I (though not same reasons) on tangrowth.

However, I haven't found anything positive on them being town as of late. I was mildly disturbed when Hawk last quoted me awhile ago:
hawkataine wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 8:59 am
MartinGG99 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 6:36 pm Anyways I'm caught up, but I think I should re-read some of the last 10 pages tbh since I didn't really feel much progress or inspiration.

Though I would like to know if anyone here could give me a good descriptor of Belzy in general. Or a comparison to another player like them.

Also I'm not sure how to feel about Seanzie's recent jump-in but presuming none of the players who responded to him are mafia I wanna say he's likely town.
I think this is probably a good post that I like? Evaluating Seanzie's alignment dependent on other people seems like a townie idea to have. This is incredibly weak but whatever.
Update: after I finished the thread I came back to write comments and I'm actually more tempted to lean the other way with this. It's strange to imply that seanzie could be teamed with some of these players but not that he could be town while they're mafia? I can't quite describe exactly why this upsets me lol
It felt cheap, but I wasn't entirely sure if this was town just not thinking intuitively or a wolf performance in order to shade. I mean, I've done or thought stupid things myself before.

They also called it incredibly weak but kept on thinking about it with an "update". For which they don't do an "update" for the rest of the original post from where this is quoted from.
I tend to quote every post, write responses as I go, paste into one post, and then proof read. I just didn't know what I had been thinking the first time, hence the update.
MartinGG99 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:30 pm I'll clarify: I don't think there's two healers, much less with different shot amounts.

If the poisoner is 3P, and there's two healers (with a collective 3 shots) for some god-forsaken-reason, then I have no clue why the 3P is granted no meaningful extra-mechanical effect or advantage (towards their ends as a result of themselves) on the game until EoD3. Or, if the healers are town and mafia aligned; and that the mafia healer only heals mafia (either intentionally or per role limitation), then the theoretical 3P Poisoner in a different hypothetical scenario (where both healers had not died before using their abilities) could be delayed up to EoD4.

This could be delayed even more if the poisoner and mafia night-kill happen to coincide.

Which, when considering the above for a game of this size with my limited experience, seems absurd and intends to make the 3P Poisoner a glorified survivor. They could go almost (if not the entirety of) the whole game without having any sort of mechanical effect, and they could just lose the game if they got off on simply the wrong foot. I'm inclined to think the poisoner is Mafia, and they have limited shots just as a 1-shot healer does. That being probably Hawk given their claim.

There's only one healer, and for anyone who doubts me they can test who the real healer is by seeing Long Con die. Me? I don't have to test that. I know who the healer is, and its not Hawk.
I feel like this is an angry 3P post tbh xD cannot shake this tinfoil.

Martin's another one who was off-wagon on D1, and the overriding impression I got from his ISO was that he kept giving out town reads and justifying them by saying nothing other than "ah yes I have also thought this". It's just a real sneaky way of constantly telling you he's town, and it doesn't sit well with me. That said, he doesn't have anything particularly incriminating with either owner or nutella, except voting off-wagon D1. Also Alison town reads him.

TL;DR: I don't trust him, but I don't see much obvious mafia potential here. I think I'm somewhere around 43% mafia, 56% 3P. No, those don't add up. I have no idea what system I'm using.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay was cupidized Night 1 and the mafia team would be unlikely to target him with a kill on Night 2 while awaiting the results of that situation.
Tangrowth was mechanically confirmed town and would be the most likely candidate to attract protective and/or inspection roles last night.
Kito was a claimed town power role with easily-verifiable and generally beneficial abilities.
That's not a no-brainer kill target, but Kito would be on the shortlist for most teams, at least.

And a semi-related thought, I have not ruled out the possibility that my item is counterfeit/fake and was gifted by a mafia gift-giver.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:38 pm
There was no reason to.
And there is now?

I do not think there has been any reason to claim for the person who gifted me if they are legit.

How do you think this would tie into kito’s death?
What do you mean if they are legit? Are you saying you fake claimed receiving a gift?

And Because Kito suspected you, you could be a culprit. Maybe.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:53 pm JaggedJimmyJay was cupidized Night 1 and the mafia team would be unlikely to target him with a kill on Night 2 while awaiting the results of that situation.
Tangrowth was mechanically confirmed town and would be the most likely candidate to attract protective and/or inspection roles last night.
Kito was a claimed town power role with easily-verifiable and generally beneficial abilities.
That's not a no-brainer kill target, but Kito would be on the shortlist for most teams, at least.

And a semi-related thought, I have not ruled out the possibility that my item is counterfeit/fake and was gifted by a mafia gift-giver.
Oh.. so it is an item, did you claim it was an item when you did or a gift?
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 352
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Unless he rescinded it im reasonably sure sloonei's giver did claim lol
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Day 1 wagons with current info:

Made
Voters: JaggedJimmyJay, hawkataine, Sloonei, Tangrowth, Long Con, nutella, Owner of a Lonely Heart

Nutella
Voters: Alison, Sonny, Made, lost monkey, Gavial, NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, MacDougall, Guillotine

Owner of a Lonely Heart
Voters: Dana, Allcrab, Seanzie, bad bunny

No vote: Actvscenei, Garden Gnome, Kito, MartinGG99, Belzy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things I feel good about adding, with purple representing a 50/50 that I think contains exactly one wolf, and orange that is much more tinfoily that I think contains at most one wolf, GTH I'd say contains exactly one wolf, but am not as confident in.

Made
Voters: JaggedJimmyJay, hawkataine, Sloonei, Tangrowth, Long Con, nutella, Owner of a Lonely Heart

Nutella
Voters: Alison, Sonny, Made, lost monkey, Gavial, NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, MacDougall, Guillotine

Owner of a Lonely Heart

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets run this assuming Scum!Hawk first. In that case, there are already 3 mafia on Made, chances of JJJ/Sloonei both being mafia extremely slim there, so I'm going to say in that case they are probably both town? We'll see how LC flips as well, which will be good to add to this.

Made

Nutella

Owner of a Lonely Heart

Now with Town!Hawk. Unfortunately, I don't see a lot of direct information that we get from Town!Hawk, other than Scum!Martin.

Made

Nutella

Owner of a Lonely Heart

In both situations (town or scum Hawk), I find myself thinking that there are probably two wolves I am not seeing on the board. I am wary that perhaps there are actually 6 wolves in this game. 17:6:1.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Guillotine wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:56 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:53 pm JaggedJimmyJay was cupidized Night 1 and the mafia team would be unlikely to target him with a kill on Night 2 while awaiting the results of that situation.

Oh.. so it is an item, did you claim it was an item when you did or a gift?
"an item" was my exact phrase, I view "gift" and "item" as interchangeable here.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:57 pm Unless he rescinded it im reasonably sure sloonei's giver did claim lol
wot where
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:57 pm Unless he rescinded it im reasonably sure sloonei's giver did claim lol
Ok. Mind telling me where exactly?
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 352
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:59 pm
wot where
I mean I just assumed you were lc's target
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Guillotine wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:00 pm
Ok. Mind telling me where exactly?
Actually, never mind
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:01 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:59 pm
wot where
I mean I just assumed you were lc's target
.... geezus
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Sloonei, gifts are what fruit vendor types give.

Items are what armorsmith, inventors and gun givers send.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Guillotine wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:04 pm Sloonei, gifts are what fruit vendor types give.

Oh Guillygoo

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Guillotine wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:04 pm Sloonei, gifts are what fruit vendor types give.

I do not care about this distinction, but for the record I'm pretty sure I've only used "gift" in its verb form: I was gifted an item. So this is a non-issue and a big whatever.

I received a bulletproof vest Night 1. I still have it, therefore I was not targeted.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Ugh, @MacDougall come help. The game is hard already. I can sense it. I don't know why yet, but I don't have a great feeling. Do your magic stuff. Poop on the thread, wipe it off, and reveal to us the wolves please.

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:07 pm

I do not care about this distinction, but for the record I'm pretty sure I've only used "gift" in its verb form: I was gifted an item. So this is a non-issue and a big whatever.

I received a bulletproof vest Night 1. I still have it, therefore I was not targeted.
Ooof, LC claims you shouldn't know if you still have it or not.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Seanzie wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:07 pm

I have not been informed that I do not have it.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:09 pm

I don't think it is uncommon to not be informed of this. Why did you assume you still had it?

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Seanzie wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:09 pm

I don't think it is uncommon to not be informed of this. Why did you assume you still had it?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Damn right
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:10 pm
Seanzie wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:09 pm

This is a non-answer.

Do you acknowledge that it is not uncommon for you to not be informed if you get shot with a BP vest on?

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1172

Post by MacDougall »

Seanzie wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:07 pm Ugh, @MacDougall come help. The game is hard already. I can sense it. I don't know why yet, but I don't have a great feeling. Do your magic stuff. Poop on the thread, wipe it off, and reveal to us the wolves please.
*batman theme starts playing*
hawkataine
Stool Pigeon

Re: Cindy Kate & Percy Date Night Mafia <3 [DAY 1]

Post by hawkataine »

Allcrab wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 11:44 am Bunny and Hawk are village this my village circle so far and I am naming it the animal kingdom in my readslist.
I believe this being two reads fable feels able to make having not read much of the thread or been around that much
Allcrab wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:05 pm Also finished the ISO not super whelmed by lomo the arguments with nutella (I haven't read nutella yet but I don't super like what I've read from them either which makes this weird) were kinda weak and the rest doesn't give me a strong impression. I will say lomo winds up in people's sights very often they're not wrong when they say that so not too interested in hitting the throttle on them but they remain PoE for me.
I think this is probably not teamed with nutella, I don't think you do that weird 'yeah I will scum read nutella' thing if you're a teammate about to bus
Allcrab wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:26 pm Okay nutella's ISO is pretty fluffy for how big it is but it's not so bad as to warrant them being a runaway wagon like this so that's pinging me after I do Owner I need to see what everyone's reasons are for voting there.
Not a good look, but probably a reasonable one.
Allcrab wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:34 pm Owner can definitely be a wolf they're not going after anyone the way they usually do as village and they feel less paranoid than usual.
This is a harsh D1 bus with nutella on the block already. However Fable does then go into some detail on wanting to bus the lower poster mafia (I think, my brain has started to melt a bit), so maybe he's just annoyed here?
Allcrab wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:55 pm Animal Kingdom
Bunny
Hawk
Tangrowth

Kingdom Outskirts
JJJ
Sonny
Gavial

Plants
Lomo
Nutella

Fungi
Owner
Alison
Made

From what I've read so far
I can believe that Fable is sheeping Wisty on the Alison read, and the rest of this looks pretty fine tbh. I think made is so low down because this was post-nutella vote
Allcrab wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:36 pm Still don't think hawk is a wolf tbh I think they've tried to be more fair in their assertations than they normally would be when they do rand wolf.

Does the suspicion on them go past not voting nutella or is there more I don't know?
I'm trying so hard not to just town read the people who town read me
But also I think this is a good post, but also I appreciate that it can totally be argued in the other direction
Allcrab wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:43 am Also JJJ trying to read gnome is hilarious I'm def not good at reading gnome either but I wanna lean village on them I think they feel pretty clueless has to what's going on and would be more aggresive and would give more hints of TMI if they were wolf but that's just a guess.
This feels reasonable and then towards the end stops feeling so natural. I could see gnome/fable tbh.
Allcrab wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:23 pm Hi so it's extremely unlikely owner did what they said they did so that's neat.

[VOTE: Owner] aubergine
I don't know if this claim is at all necessary given it achieves nothing other than bussing owner even harder than before, and just puts fable in the spotlight for duplicating a claim from someone townread.

TL;DR: I'm super torn on this one. I don't have good meta on fable. I think this reminds me of his town play, but I really couldn't swear by that. There's very little here tbh. But I do think some of the more definitive moments of his game (claiming, his D1 entrance) have been pretty town. I'd say like 30% mafia, no comment on 3P.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

like the retro one obviously
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

[ytubehd] [/ytubehd]
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Garden Gnome
The Mark
Posts in topic: 272
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: gnome/gnomey

Post by Garden Gnome »

hawkataine wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:29 pm Aaaaaaand I'm done talking to gnome today, please make her answer my questions once I flip

Next up: Dana
Awesome. I'm looking forward to your scum flip. Enjoy your puzzlehunt this weekend!
hawkataine
Stool Pigeon

Post by hawkataine »

Oh also that one time I was 3P in a game this size that I know Dizzy played, I had a 1-shot BP. So like, yet another theory for where the kill went.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[VOTE: Dana] aubergine

I am a naval explorer from the 1700s
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I do not play many games that feature bulletproof vests, but my impression has always been that the wearer is informed if and when it is spent. That seems like crucial information for a player to have.

Regardless, if you believe that I am lying then it means the mafia team attempted to kill me on Night 1.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:15 pm I do not play many games that feature bulletproof vests, but my impression has always been that the wearer is informed if and when it is spent. That seems like crucial information for a player to have.

Regardless, if you believe that I am lying then it means the mafia team attempted to kill me on Night 1.
This is a better answer, and gives me some pause. I am not sure what I think of you yet, but I don't feel as good about the game today as I did yesterday.

My worry is that you knew you still had the BP vest because you know who the mafia team attempted to kill N1.

Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

There is contradicting stories between what LongCon claimed and Sloonei is saying here.

@Long Con did you send the vest to Sloonei?
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Seanzie wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:17 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:15 pm I do not play many games that feature bulletproof vests, but my impression has always been that the wearer is informed if and when it is spent. That seems like crucial information for a player to have.

This is a better answer, and gives me some pause. I am not sure what I think of you yet, but I don't feel as good about the game today as I did yesterday.

My worry is that you knew you still had the BP vest because you know who the mafia team attempted to kill N1.
Why do you feel less good about the game? It feels like it is going exceptionally well to me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”