It HAS TO BE BECAUSE OF ME!
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 112
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Cindy Kate & Percy Date Night Mafia <3 [DAY 2]

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:23 am
Guillotine wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:09 am Long Con looks bad here, contributes to Made's wagon close to EoD after acknowledging that he is not aware of what Made was being suspected for.

https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewt ... 85#p795385

I've posted this three times, I dont remember him addressing it.
@Long Con
I can't find this post where he claims I acknowledged unawareness.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Gavial wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:36 am It HAS TO BE BECAUSE OF ME!
No it doesn't.
hawkataine
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 188
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by hawkataine »

Spoiler: show
hawkataine wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:07 pm
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:42 am @hawkataine hey hawk, I was trying to remember but do you just make charts as town? I'm trying to remember if you also do them as scum or not. But I also don't recall a lot of your scum games.
Sometimes I do them as scum for ez town cred but that likely wouldn't work here lol
Also I don't remember how to play scum tbh tbh
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:02 am
Seanzie wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:29 am @Owner of a Lonely Heart you're here!

Did you target JJJ?
I sent a fruit. It doesn't do much. The person I sent it to hasn't brought it up yet.
This definitely implies owner is actually caught up in which case all of my suspicions on her are valid
Sonny wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:27 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:18 am
Sonny wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:16 am Well, unless I'm not following then maybe I'm drunk too
who's maf
I'm bothered by Belzy's lack of well, Belzy, and Owner just pinged me. Still don't know what Bunny is doing.

Hawks vote timing was poor too, but I'm not sold on Made.

Have only been skimming the thread at work so am behind, getting there.
hi this sounds like you know I'm town
Gavial wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:28 am
Guillotine wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 1:30 am Actually, let's just go back to [VOTE: Belzy] aubergine
You and Hawk still have scum equity.
IDGAF what you say.
this is a hilarious concept, I had two whole fights with guillo and everything (ily rly guillo)

gavial around this point is enjoying a very binary view of mafia where everyone who does what he says is town and everyone who doesn't is probs scum. Like I really don't know why he wants me dead this bad, possibly he came up with a genius plan overnight, but surely he has a strong enough grasp on mechanics to know his 'red check' is really not a red check
Gavial wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:38 am If your town and you vote scum.
You’ll have a lesser chance of getting ML’ed.
Just saying.
This is to bad bunny. It's like he's trying to save her except that I'm not gonna flip scum so his world makes no sense. He's actually done a lot of post-me-flipping-scum worldbuilding which is the thing that has me thinking he is town, but also I think I remember seeing that kind of logic in the scum game he was just in on MafC.
Gavial wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:46 am How much do you wanna make a bet one the players visiting Jay was some kind of after death effector but they couldn’t get their kill through due to me preventing Hawk from attacking.
This is like acknowledging that he knows JJJ was the scum NK?? Which doesn't add up because... I didn't go anywhere. So like, what world is this post referring to unless it's a slip???
Sonny wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:57 am Why not. Let's see how this sits.

[VOTE: hawkataine] aubergine
After being told gavial wasn't joking about the red check.
This isn't for reactions because you already said you liked my reaction. So how on earth is gavial's 100th post about this the one that finally tipped tha balance for you?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:23 am Why did bad bunny come to the thread and say things (barely) without so much as acknowledging the severe suspicion heaped upon her?
I mean this isn't true. Admittedly her comments were not compelling but she did acknowledge she was likely to be yeeted at some point

Going back to gavial briefly, he's super keen to come up with elaborate reasons why extra people were visiting JJJ but super not keen to come up with elaborate reasons why I might not have had the NK. Idk what this meaaaaans
Sloonei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:50 pm
Garden Gnome wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:35 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:24 pm I’m developing a new theory, would like some feedback on it:

Owner is town.
Interesting theory. What do you think of the fruit vender thing and of Owner's disappearance in the thread? Could you give some details that would back up the theory?
"Fruit vendor" is an atypical claim to make and the kind of thing that would almost certainly have to be at least somewhat tied to a real role, because it's too bizarre for someone, when pressed for a roleclaim, to blurt out "I gave someone fruit!" when there is an entire world of more common abilities available to players in mafia games.
Owner's "disappearance" can be attributed to anything. I will not provide an answer for her on that question.
Owner is probably the only person I would ever actively expect to claim fruit vendor if pressured fwiw
hey gav pls weigh in on literally any of this ty
Seanzie wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:41 pm
Allcrab wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:40 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:39 pm What Would Hawk Do?
Survive off a diet of mostly small rodents?
[VOTE: Marmot] aubergine
Gavial
Made Man
Posts in topic: 255

Post by Gavial »

hawkataine wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:38 am
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:42 am @hawkataine hey hawk, I was trying to remember but do you just make charts as town? I'm trying to remember if you also do them as scum or not. But I also don't recall a lot of your scum games.
Sometimes I do them as scum for ez town cred but that likely wouldn't work here lol

Did you target JJJ?
I sent a fruit. It doesn't do much. The person I sent it to hasn't brought it up yet.
This definitely implies owner is actually caught up in which case all of my suspicions on her are valid
Sonny wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:16 am Well, unless I'm not following then maybe I'm drunk too
who's maf
I'm bothered by Belzy's lack of well, Belzy, and Owner just pinged me. Still don't know what Bunny is doing.

Guillotine wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 1:30 am Actually, let's just go back to [VOTE: Belzy] aubergine
IDGAF what you say.
this is a hilarious concept, I had two whole fights with guillo and everything (ily rly guillo)

gavial around this point is enjoying a very binary view of mafia where everyone who does what he says is town and everyone who doesn't is probs scum. Like I really don't know why he wants me dead this bad, possibly he came up with a genius plan overnight, but surely he has a strong enough grasp on mechanics to know his 'red check' is really not a red check
Just saying.
This is to bad bunny. It's like he's trying to save her except that I'm not gonna flip scum so his world makes no sense. He's actually done a lot of post-me-flipping-scum worldbuilding which is the thing that has me thinking he is town, but also I think I remember seeing that kind of logic in the scum game he was just in on MafC.
Gavial wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:46 am How much do you wanna make a bet one the players visiting Jay was some kind of after death effector but they couldn’t get their kill through due to me preventing Hawk from attacking.
This is like acknowledging that he knows JJJ was the scum NK?? Which doesn't add up because... I didn't go anywhere. So like, what world is this post referring to unless it's a slip???

This isn't for reactions because you already said you liked my reaction. So how on earth is gavial's 100th post about this the one that finally tipped tha balance for you?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:23 am Why did bad bunny come to the thread and say things (barely) without so much as acknowledging the severe suspicion heaped upon her?
I mean this isn't true. Admittedly her comments were not compelling but she did acknowledge she was likely to be yeeted at some point

Going back to gavial briefly, he's super keen to come up with elaborate reasons why extra people were visiting JJJ but super not keen to come up with elaborate reasons why I might not have had the NK. Idk what this meaaaaans
Sloonei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:24 pm I’m developing a new theory, would like some feedback on it:

Owner is town.
Interesting theory. What do you think of the fruit vender thing and of Owner's disappearance in the thread? Could you give some details that would back up the theory?
"Fruit vendor" is an atypical claim to make and the kind of thing that would almost certainly have to be at least somewhat tied to a real role, because it's too bizarre for someone, when pressed for a roleclaim, to blurt out "I gave someone fruit!" when there is an entire world of more common abilities available to players in mafia games.
Owner's "disappearance" can be attributed to anything. I will not provide an answer for her on that question.
Owner is probably the only person I would ever actively expect to claim fruit vendor if pressured fwiw
Your Right!
Sonny could be your partner!
hawkataine
Stool Pigeon

Post by hawkataine »

Gavial wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:40 am

Did you target JJJ?
who's maf

IDGAF what you say.

Just saying.

Owner is town.
Your Right!
thanks that's cleared a lot up for me and really answered my questions around your play
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

hawkataine wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:42 am
Gavial wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:40 am

Did you target JJJ?
who's maf

IDGAF what you say.

Just saying.

Owner is town.
Your Right!
thanks that's cleared a lot up for me and really answered my questions around your play
Your Welcome!
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Long Con wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:37 am
No it doesn't.
How else you explain lack of Night kill, especially if it happens again tomorrow due to again my night action.
Guillotine
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 694
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: King of Bastard Games

Post by Guillotine »

MacDougall wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:36 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:34 am Idk man it really reads like mafia forced into claiming before they were ready to

If this is town idek I won't try to make any more reads this game ig
owner has "post nothing for 24 hours straight smd" in their range though so how can they ever actually be forced to do anything before they're ready lol
It's called slanking until you develop a cover.
Awards

Played
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
hawkataine
Stool Pigeon

Post by hawkataine »

Gavial wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:45 am
No it doesn't.
How else you explain lack of Night kill, especially if it happens again tomorrow due to again my night action.
again, deeply concerning to me that you think I'd be trusted with the kill again but also have the imagination to come up with a gravedigger or whatever the hell that role speculation was on JJJ visits earlier
like I get literally zero sense that you're hunting a team, and that's an issue

would appreciate some perspective on town!gavial if anyone's got any?
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Guillotine wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:48 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:36 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:34 am Idk man it really reads like mafia forced into claiming before they were ready to

If this is town idek I won't try to make any more reads this game ig
owner has "post nothing for 24 hours straight smd" in their range though so how can they ever actually be forced to do anything before they're ready lol
It's called slanking until you develop a cover.
Like i did in Spiderverse remember?
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 1646
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Still no Seanzie eh
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:51 am Still no Seanzie eh
:werewolf:
Caught Scum he Is.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

No it doesn't.
There are other likely possibilities. I have my own theories. I'm not going to use future speculation in my theories, especially coming from you, because you look more like you're closing your eyes and yelling rather than rationally playing.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The Allcrab/bad bunny interplay is mildly frustrating, but for the moment I’ll just shrug. We’ll see what happens.

Watcher is among the strongest town roles, and its strength is amplified in closed role madness. Two of them is a bit hard to believe.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Long Con wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:53 am
No it doesn't.
There are other likely possibilities. I have my own theories. I'm not going to use future speculation in my theories, especially coming from you, because you look more like you're closing your eyes and yelling rather than rationally playing.
Ok but what if another night kill is stopped right after I target someone.
Then what?
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:53 am The Allcrab/bad bunny interplay is mildly frustrating, but for the moment I’ll just shrug. We’ll see what happens.

Watcher is among the strongest town roles, and its strength is amplified in closed role madness. Two of them is a bit hard to believe.
I mean.
I could see Mafia Watcher/Town Watcher
Or Town Watcher/Town JOAT with Watcher.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@hawkataine why is it so dubious that you’d be trusted with delivering a night kill?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sonny
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 162
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Sonny »

hawkataine wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:35 am @Sonny can you expand on how you progressed from having Owner as town in your nutella interactions post, to voting her in your next couple of posts (admittedly a few hours later) because she pinged you?
The interaction looked okay in my overnight review and I hadn't read anything when I posted it. As I was catching up she had done nothing and her claim tweaked me. There's nothing wrong with a flower vendor claim but I have a feeling she's done it before as a fake claim, the biggest thing that made me side eye is there's no reason not to be clear on yes or no I did/did not target Jay, it was a simple question she couldn't answer which looked to me like she wasn't sure what the "correct" answer was. Pretty sure I explained at the time tho.

I'm about 10 pages behind and not going to catch up tonight as my bf is here, if I've missed questions I'll catch them tomorrow.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

I wonder who Hawk was actually going to attack though.
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

MacDougall wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:22 am
Alison wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:21 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:19 am
Alison wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:18 am What is Allcrab/Fable's alignment?

Open question. I have no strong opinion.
Oh that one too. That one is actually probably mafia exactly for gamestate reasons. I have felt not a single townping from them but every time I articulate suspicion towards them i get shut down in manipulative fashion (or at least it feels manipulative).
I'll take care of him tonight then. If he flips town we sheep his legacy on bunny and blame him postgame if he's wrong.
Wait you're a vigi too? I was going to shoot Gavial tonight and then sheep him on Hawk red if he was town.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:55 am @hawkataine why is it so dubious that you’d be trusted with delivering a night kill?
Oh they want to perform it.
They are trying to push me away but I don’t think that’ll happen
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

@MacDougall
Don’t shoot me tonight.
hawkataine
Stool Pigeon

Post by hawkataine »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:55 am @hawkataine why is it so dubious that you’d be trusted with delivering a night kill?
I mean specifically in gavial's fantasy where he's caught me and I'm quaking in my boots and he's threatening to block me again tomorrow night
his perspective just makes no sense to me
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Or your throwing.
hawkataine
Stool Pigeon

Post by hawkataine »

Sonny wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:55 am
hawkataine wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:35 am @Sonny can you expand on how you progressed from having Owner as town in your nutella interactions post, to voting her in your next couple of posts (admittedly a few hours later) because she pinged you?
The interaction looked okay in my overnight review and I hadn't read anything when I posted it. As I was catching up she had done nothing and her claim tweaked me. There's nothing wrong with a flower vendor claim but I have a feeling she's done it before as a fake claim, the biggest thing that made me side eye is there's no reason not to be clear on yes or no I did/did not target Jay, it was a simple question she couldn't answer which looked to me like she wasn't sure what the "correct" answer was. Pretty sure I explained at the time tho.

I'm about 10 pages behind and not going to catch up tonight as my bf is here, if I've missed questions I'll catch them tomorrow.
I guess I'm surprised that you put owner in the same tier as e.g. nanook in that reads list and yet rescinded so easily
noted
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

hawkataine wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:57 am
I mean specifically in gavial's fantasy where he's caught me and I'm quaking in my boots and he's threatening to block me again tomorrow night
Okay. So to be clear then, you don’t think it’s absurd for someone to believe that you could have tried to deliver the Night 1 kill?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 580

Post by Alison »

dude I'm not gonna swallow one of the most coincidental and convenient role claims I have ever seen which incidentally makes no sense with your past behavior just because you said you breadcrumbed it. Any sane watcher would hardclaim there to avoid getting into the exact same scenario you're in right now and repeating you are clear doesn't make you clear.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 580

Post by Alison »

Show me just one piece of evidence that proves you are watcher other than "I breadcrumbed it" because I've breadcrumbed all kinds of shit as scum.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
hawkataine
Stool Pigeon

Post by hawkataine »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:00 am
hawkataine wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:57 am
Okay. So to be clear then, you don’t think it’s absurd for someone to believe that you could have tried to deliver the Night 1 kill?
I believe I have already said that I wouldn't have agreed to that, but that's kind of immaterial. I don't object to people holding that opinion as much.
But I really am more concerned about his mindset than like actual mechanics and wifom here, this is not a defense or an omgus, this is trying to figure out what his brain is doing
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

bad bunny wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 6:06 am
lost monkey wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:42 am
Sonny wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:41 am
Long Con wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:40 am
lost monkey wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:39 am
Long Con wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:36 am What are you guys saying about bunny's play here? She's a timid wolf?
There was no way she wouldn't have voted made if she was scum. If made is also scum with bunny and nutella, she would have still voted made because nutella being alive would have been more useful for the scum team with what was happening in the thread.
And she voted nutella?
Wait, Bunny voted Nutella?
I think she voted guillo
Wut, I had Guillo as town D1
Why did you have me as town D1? What about D2?
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@bad bunny why are Alison and I a concern to you?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Actvscenei
The Mark
Posts in topic: 303
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Actvscenei »

@Gavial, can you list all the roles in this game and who completed what action last night phase? If not, you cannot confirm that you are the reason no kill happened. So do more than just say you have a red check on Hawk and that we all need to vote there.

I do not believe Owner’s claim. I agree with Nanook that the thought process doesn’t match up. Owner responded to Seanzie’s question about if she targeted Jay with “I sent fruit to someone, but idk if they got it.” It’s a non answer because it doesn’t directly address whether she targeted Jay. “Someone” could mean anyone. Why not say she sent fruit to Jay at that moment? Why be sneaky about that? If Owner did in fact send fruit to Jay and Gavial, upon the start of D2, and seeing that Jay and Gavial are bedding it up tonight, she would know immediately that it was her doing. Because what are the chances the two lovers are the two she sent fruit to? This is a large game. No way she doesn’t know what her fruit has done. So to answer that question so vaguely is not helpful. The only motive I can see is not wanting to claim BUT she did claim so why equivocate there? There’s no need.

Then, she says the person who she sent fruit to hasn’t claimed receiving fruit. The “person.” Singular. In this post, apparently she sent fruit to only one person. And she doesn’t know whether that one person received it. Well, that’s a lie. She did know because like I said before, she doesn’t enter D1 not knowing that info after seeing the date announcement. But also...why reduce her recipients from two to one?

6484784928474 years later, Owner returns with a fully fleshed claim that contradicts what she previously announced. Now she confirms Jay as a target AND Gavial and she did know they received the fruit, although neither of them are aware of receiving fruit (which I don’t take with too much weight because maybe they wouldn’t know).

This claim does not make sense. The only hold up then is...why would Owner create this elaborate claim without knowing if someone could cc the date mechanic? Maybe...

Owner knows how the date happened. I’ve played a game in which lovers engage and then one dies. (Owner was the torturer, I died). Maybe this date setup is a scum mechanic and Owner knows one of Jay or Gavial will die at the end of the date?? Maybe Owner set up the date as scum or maybe a scum buddy did and is in cahoots with this plan to shield Owner.
Actvscenei
The Mark

Post by Actvscenei »

EBWOP: enter D2, not D1
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Alison wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 7:31 am LoMo has also credibly claimed a Watcher type role and has been spewed town from nutella.

So your reads are seriously off the mark and grant no confidence at all that you are a force for good.
Do you mean this in an alignment indicative sense?
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Gavial wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:54 am
Long Con wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:53 am
No it doesn't.
Ok but what if another night kill is stopped right after I target someone.
Then what?
Same answer: your block is one possibility of many, and is not a lock.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Actvscenei wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:07 am @Gavial, can you list all the roles in this game and who completed what action last night phase? If not, you cannot confirm that you are the reason no kill happened. So do more than just say you have a red check on Hawk and that we all need to vote there.

I do not believe Owner’s claim. I agree with Nanook that the thought process doesn’t match up. Owner responded to Seanzie’s question about if she targeted Jay with “I sent fruit to someone, but idk if they got it.” It’s a non answer because it doesn’t directly address whether she targeted Jay. “Someone” could mean anyone. Why not say she sent fruit to Jay at that moment? Why be sneaky about that? If Owner did in fact send fruit to Jay and Gavial, upon the start of D2, and seeing that Jay and Gavial are bedding it up tonight, she would know immediately that it was her doing. Because what are the chances the two lovers are the two she sent fruit to? This is a large game. No way she doesn’t know what her fruit has done. So to answer that question so vaguely is not helpful. The only motive I can see is not wanting to claim BUT she did claim so why equivocate there? There’s no need.

Then, she says the person who she sent fruit to hasn’t claimed receiving fruit. The “person.” Singular. In this post, apparently she sent fruit to only one person. And she doesn’t know whether that one person received it. Well, that’s a lie. She did know because like I said before, she doesn’t enter D1 not knowing that info after seeing the date announcement. But also...why reduce her recipients from two to one?

6484784928474 years later, Owner returns with a fully fleshed claim that contradicts what she previously announced. Now she confirms Jay as a target AND Gavial and she did know they received the fruit, although neither of them are aware of receiving fruit (which I don’t take with too much weight because maybe they wouldn’t know).

This claim does not make sense. The only hold up then is...why would Owner create this elaborate claim without knowing if someone could cc the date mechanic? Maybe...

Owner knows how the date happened. I’ve played a game in which lovers engage and then one dies. (Owner was the torturer, I died). Maybe this date setup is a scum mechanic and Owner knows one of Jay or Gavial will die at the end of the date?? Maybe Owner set up the date as scum or maybe a scum buddy did and is in cahoots with this plan to shield Owner.
Thanks for the recap. If the fruit caused the date, then Owner would have said it was confirmed they received it. [VOTE: Owner] aubergine
Sonny
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 162
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Sonny »

hawkataine wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:59 am
Sonny wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:55 am

I guess I'm surprised that you put owner in the same tier as e.g. nanook in that reads list and yet rescinded so easily
noted
The review was of Nutella posts only like literally her ISO posts, there's been a lot more since then including the D1 wagon review I did where Owner's vote was a ? against her. Tbf there's been 1 thing I'd been expecting to see from Owner that has never come and it's a big long reads lists with weird reads that makes you squint your eyes but shows me she's reading things and considering. I've only seen her in one game recently and I was spectating, but a post just like that was what gave me enough to get a town read on her. She hasn't even come close to that imo. Maybe her role is legit, but I still think it's non-town.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Owner’s role claim does absolutely nothing to make her town, and I agree with the various doubts expressed about the details.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

hawkataine
Stool Pigeon

Post by hawkataine »

Sonny wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:12 am The review was of Nutella posts only like literally her ISO posts, there's been a lot more since then including the D1 wagon review I did where Owner's vote was a ? against her. Tbf there's been 1 thing I'd been expecting to see from Owner that has never come and it's a big long reads lists with weird reads that makes you squint your eyes but shows me she's reading things and considering. I've only seen her in one game recently and I was spectating, but a post just like that was what gave me enough to get a town read on her. She hasn't even come close to that imo. Maybe her role is legit, but I still think it's non-town.
hmkay ty
Can you also explain your vote/progression on me at the start of today please? But also have fun with the bf
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@MacDougall I didn’t follow much of your theorizing with regard to Owner and game state. Could you clarify why you think Owner being mafia suggests someone else is deep?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

hawkataine
Stool Pigeon

Re: Cindy Kate & Percy Date Night Mafia <3 [DAY 1]

Post by hawkataine »

Sonny wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:03 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:00 am @Sonny vote nutella
Lol, sure

[VOTE: Nutella] aubergine

I actually have a meh read on them anyway, only note is the insta town read on Kito which must have been a joke but yall are dropping so many sincere townreads over air so who the hell knows anymore.
Sonny wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:29 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:28 am I suddenly townread nutella
:faint:
These posts have very little of sonny actually talking about nutella in between them and are only 30 mins apart, this succession kinda pings me tbh.

Also every time I read LongCon's posts his avatar looks like a dragon but it's not and I'm confused

[VOTE: owner] aubergine in b4 "hawk's trying to save owner by looking for other suspects", no, I've scum read her since D1, she failed the wagon test at EoD1, her claim is Highly Questionable, all of this has already been said
Allcrab
The Mark
Posts in topic: 254

Post by Allcrab »

Alison wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:02 am Show me just one piece of evidence that proves you are watcher other than "I breadcrumbed it" because I've breadcrumbed all kinds of shit as scum.
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:23 am
Guillotine wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:09 am Long Con looks bad here, contributes to Made's wagon close to EoD after acknowledging that he is not aware of what Made was being suspected for.

https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewt ... 85#p795385

I've posted this three times, I dont remember him addressing it.
@Long Con
I can't find this post where he claims I acknowledged unawareness.
The link is the post....

And you just replied like this instead of actually addressing it? Why did you vote Made instead of voting Nutella if you didnt know what was the case on Made in the first place?
There was ample evidence against Nutella and you made your vote look like you didnt care who was yeeted, so why not place it on Nutella instead of Made who you didnt know anything about?
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

16 vote wagon

do u guise think theres a busser

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Actvscenei
The Mark

Post by Actvscenei »

I might suggest Gavial is scum and is the torturer/neighborizer thingy (like Guillo had in his game this one time lol). Owner is scum with Gavial (and would then know no one would cc her fruit crap). Gavial will choose to kill Jay tonight after their night together.

Owner poisoned Alison with fruit.
Allcrab
The Mark

Post by Allcrab »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:22 am 16 vote wagon

I think it's 50/50.
hawkataine
Stool Pigeon

Post by hawkataine »

Allcrab wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:24 am

I think it's 50/50.
fully thought you meant there were 8 mafia on the wagon then lol
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Love the satirical tone here
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Allcrab
The Mark

Post by Allcrab »

hawkataine wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:25 am
Allcrab wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:24 am

I think it's 50/50.
fully thought you meant there were 8 mafia on the wagon then lol
derp under review.