Cindy Kate & Percy Date Night Mafia <3 [ENDGAME]

Guillotine
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 694
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: King of Bastard Games

Re: Cindy Kate & Percy Date Night Mafia <3 [DAY 2]

Post by Guillotine »

Can you point me to the moment "we agreed" to give him a pass? because I certainly had no say in it.
Spoiler: show
Awards

Played
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 580
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Guillotine wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:04 am
Alison wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:59 am cmon man we agreed to give him a pass for a few days and there's other scummy people to kill
Other scummy people? so you agree that he is scummy and you dont want to pursue it?
In a vacuum he is POE. He hasn't done anything.

The bigger picture is that I did agree to give him a few days to stretch his wings and I also think giving him that space will make his alignment clearer. There are games where he can obvtown himself if you give him breathing room.

In the meantime I am happy to dunk on red checks and obvious scum.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Guillotine wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:05 am Can you point me to the moment "we agreed" to give him a pass? because I certainly had no say in it.
I was talking about me/Mac/Sloon, not you.
Guillotine
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 694
Aka: King of Bastard Games

Post by Guillotine »

Long Con looks bad here, contributes to Made's wagon close to EoD after acknowledging that he is not aware of what Made was being suspected for.

https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewt ... 85#p795385

I've posted this three times, I dont remember him addressing it.
Awards

Played
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1172

Post by MacDougall »

Guillotine wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:09 am Long Con looks bad here, contributes to Made's wagon close to EoD after acknowledging that he is not aware of what Made was being suspected for.

he does but also I made a promise
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 1646
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Guillotine wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:09 am Long Con looks bad here, contributes to Made's wagon close to EoD after acknowledging that he is not aware of what Made was being suspected for.

@Long Con
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

@Owner of a Lonely Heart what made you make made when you could have made nutella?
Kito
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 133
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Kito »

Owner wasn't caught up enough to know the belzy/tangy situation but still managed to clear up her role, the one thing that everyone really wanted to know. Could be directions from scum chat. I'm not sure what townie sees a massive wagon on them, doesn't catch up, and decides the best thing to do is immediately claim, especially when they made a point of being coy about it before.

Claim is real but NAI, waiting on sean.

Also curious whomst the fuck gifted Sloonei, in this case. Fancy targeting me tonight, mystery gifter? If you town read me, of course.
Kito
Stool Pigeon

Post by Kito »

Also @Alison I think Act is a potential candidate for entering the thread and lolcatting. Don't strongly scum read her other than that though.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 685
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Kito wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:15 am Owner wasn't caught up enough to know the belzy/tangy situation but still managed to clear up her role, the one thing that everyone really wanted to know. Could be directions from scum chat. I'm not sure what townie sees a massive wagon on them, doesn't catch up, and decides the best thing to do is immediately claim, especially when they made a point of being coy about it before.

Also curious whomst the fuck gifted Sloonei, in this case. Fancy targeting me tonight, mystery gifter? If you town read me, of course.
I would think the first thing Town Owner would look at would be the half dozen notifications from people telling her to claim in full.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

Nah she came in and wrote a 50,000 word post about the meaning of life. If she's demoralized and detached she has a funny way of showing jt.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Oh fuck I just realized I could have CC'd Owner's claim of setting up Gavial and JJJ on a date and probably goaded her into outing if she's mafia. Too late now I've spewed myself not matchmaker.
Kito
Stool Pigeon

Post by Kito »

Sloonei wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:27 am
Kito wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:15 am Owner wasn't caught up enough to know the belzy/tangy situation but still managed to clear up her role, the one thing that everyone really wanted to know. Could be directions from scum chat. I'm not sure what townie sees a massive wagon on them, doesn't catch up, and decides the best thing to do is immediately claim, especially when they made a point of being coy about it before.

I would think the first thing Town Owner would look at would be the half dozen notifications from people telling her to claim in full.
You think? I ignore every notification and just start reading.

Gotta go work kthx see everyone ~2hrs before EOD
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 685
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Kito wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:31 am

I compulsively check them even if I’m not able to respond.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:41 am
Kito wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:31 am

I compulsively check them even if I’m not able to respond.
yeah they are definitely what I check first and I also had no idea that Tangy was cleared despite replying to a few people so kito is basically an outed mafia for this
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 352
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

I've read up on owners return, she's just obvious outed mafia yeah?
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:08 am I've read up on owners return, she's just obvious outed mafia yeah?
you reckon? we were all discussing how clearly town she is from it actually

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:02 am
Seanzie wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:29 am @Owner of a Lonely Heart you're here!

Did you target JJJ?
I sent a fruit. It doesn't do much. The person I sent it to hasn't brought it up yet.
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:05 am I guess if it was a more important role I would be worried if it didn't go through, but if they didn't get it, it wasn't super important. It would just make the claim more believable.
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:00 am
Seanzie wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:23 am @Owner of a Lonely Heart whom did you target with your fruit of love?
I gave JJJ and Gavial a passion fruit. I can target 2 people each night. I have 3 different 1 shot fruits: passion fruit, banana and pomegranate. I don't know what any of them do, aside from a little description. The passion fruit was lucky. I thought to myself if anyone was to get lucky it had to be JJJ, but then I wasn't incredibly sure who I wanted him to be lucky with. I figured I needed to probably pick someone from Cindy Kate. Yes, this is suppose to be a date between the 2 sites, but I guess I was thinking if this is more like a chat of sorts I want there to be lots of progress made, not to say there hasn't been. I wanted someone who could maybe keep up if it was that sort of thing.

The banana is squishy, and the pomegranate is problematic.

I really assumed that the fruit would have been mentioned. Maybe that's not how it works? I should maybe ask more questions.
Is this not just outing
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:11 am
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:02 am
Seanzie wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:29 am @Owner of a Lonely Heart you're here!

Did you target JJJ?
I sent a fruit. It doesn't do much. The person I sent it to hasn't brought it up yet.
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:05 am I guess if it was a more important role I would be worried if it didn't go through, but if they didn't get it, it wasn't super important. It would just make the claim more believable.
Seanzie wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:23 am @Owner of a Lonely Heart whom did you target with your fruit of love?
I gave JJJ and Gavial a passion fruit. I can target 2 people each night. I have 3 different 1 shot fruits: passion fruit, banana and pomegranate. I don't know what any of them do, aside from a little description. The passion fruit was lucky. I thought to myself if anyone was to get lucky it had to be JJJ, but then I wasn't incredibly sure who I wanted him to be lucky with. I figured I needed to probably pick someone from Cindy Kate. Yes, this is suppose to be a date between the 2 sites, but I guess I was thinking if this is more like a chat of sorts I want there to be lots of progress made, not to say there hasn't been. I wanted someone who could maybe keep up if it was that sort of thing.

I really assumed that the fruit would have been mentioned. Maybe that's not how it works? I should maybe ask more questions.
Is this not just outing
i am not seeing it

MacDougall wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:09 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:08 am I've read up on owners return, she's just obvious outed mafia yeah?
U wot

She read enough to know nutella died but not to see in the SOD post that the people she sent fruit to are going on a date?

Sent A PASSION FRUIT to

How is this not outing, it makes zero sense, and the choice of Jay and Seth is really weird too, think she's mafia that did something bad

I mean I guess its possible she's town but holy fuck dude how is that not scum that got trapped into having to claim

Like look at the first two quotes I pulled, and tell me how they make sense with a) the info that Jay and gav were publicly announced to be going on a date in the sod post and b) the third quote
Dana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 161

Post by Dana »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:22 am Like look at the first two quotes I pulled, and tell me how they make sense with a) the info that Jay and gav were publicly announced to be going on a date in the sod post and b) the third quote
yeah this is concerning for sure. I mean I guess she
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

whoops accidentally hit send to early
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:22 am Like look at the first two quotes I pulled, and tell me how they make sense with a) the info that Jay and gav were publicly announced to be going on a date in the sod post and b) the third quote
Owner comes across like someone extremely paranoid of claiming so it looks like they were just essentially refusing to claim anywhere close to the extent of their role until they had like 11 votes on them or whatever it was at the time... Even afterwards when I asked them to elaborate on whether they are in fact a fruit vendor as she described she instead accused me of rolefishing and refused to claim, even after all this.

Nothing about Owner's play comes across like someone particularly mindful of appearing towny and more paranoid of being soup killed or throwing for town than anything.

I will also grant that I remember playing with Owner before and finding them exceptionally scummy and bizarre and them turning out to be town so I am maybe a little bit bias.
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

Dana wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:25 am
yeah this is concerning for sure. I mean I guess she
I guess she could have later on claimed that that the fruit set up the date when everyone was asking her to claim? but idk that seems like it might be a lot for her to pull out of nothing especially if someone else actually set up their date and was able to prove that claim wrong
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

anyway I guess this means JJJ likely wasn't the nk target so maybe gavial is onto something with hawk... hmm
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

or something else happened that we have no idea about bc theres lots of players and presumably lots of roles going on
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:14 am
U wot

She read enough to know nutella died but not to see in the SOD post that the people she sent fruit to are going on a date?

Sent A PASSION FRUIT to

How is this not outing, it makes zero sense, and the choice of Jay and Seth is really weird too, think she's mafia that did something bad
I thought she was implying that she didn't know they were being sent on a date when she made the action? Where does she say she didn't realise they were on a date til now?
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

MacDougall wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:30 am
U wot

Sent A PASSION FRUIT to

I thought she was implying that she didn't know they were being sent on a date when she made the action? Where does she say she didn't realise they were on a date til now?
if she targeted both of them and then in the morning it was announced they were going on a date, I feel like its not that big of a stretch for her to believe she caused it with her fruit

U wot

Sent A PASSION FRUIT to

This pretty strongly implies that she didn't know if it went through or not, doesn't it?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:31 am
U wot

Sent A PASSION FRUIT to

This pretty strongly implies that she didn't know if it went through or not, doesn't it?
When did she make that post?

Like if you read the sod post and see the people you sent a fucking passion fruit to are going on a date how do you not immediately think "oh I guess that's what it does"
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I actually don't understand what she is saying there from any perspective tbh

MacDougall wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:32 am
U wot

Sent A PASSION FRUIT to

Click the arrow button lol
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:32 am Like if you read the sod post and see the people you sent a fucking passion fruit to are going on a date how do you not immediately think "oh I guess that's what it does"
I can't see how what she said rules out that she did in fact know though?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:33 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:32 am
U wot

Sent A PASSION FRUIT to

Click the arrow button lol
yeah I did that afterwards...
look man i am actually struggling to read that post and understand what she is saying at all can you translate it for me?

Idk man it really reads like mafia forced into claiming before they were ready to

If this is town idek I won't try to make any more reads this game ig
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:34 am Idk man it really reads like mafia forced into claiming before they were ready to

owner has "post nothing for 24 hours straight smd" in their range though so how can they ever actually be forced to do anything before they're ready lol

MacDougall wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:36 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:34 am Idk man it really reads like mafia forced into claiming before they were ready to

owner has "post nothing for 24 hours straight smd" in their range though so how can they ever actually be forced to do anything before they're ready lol
That is a compelling argument actually

Meh I still don't understand it and what I don't understand is scary and evil and must be outing
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

it's not that I can't struggle to read Owner's posts and be like "that's mafia", it's that none of the context makes any sense to me
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

So let's say that Owner is outed mafia essentially red checked by Seanzie and has been for ages today. The rest of the mafia team are already probably hard POE clamped from the day 1 wagons. Owner not only fumbles a claim, but then comes back after like 24hrs of absence and invents a claim like that.... Which would imply mafia organisation but where is the mafia organising this? And why? Because any mafia team that has Owner in it exists in the world where they are also probably hard POE clamped and among those not trying.

Like to me mafia Owner doesn't exist in the gamestate that makes the most sense?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Yet again I find myself unable to reconcile the situation. At least Sloonei and I have some alignment today though which makes me feel a little better.

Ironically though, to me, the only rational mafia teammate that makes any sense is Sloonei because he looks the most like a mafia that is actually involved in trying to save Owner (and was also involved in trying to save Nutella) and the only mafia that makes sense to be involved in the preparation of this claim stuff. So in my perspective anyone pushing Owner should also be pushing into worlds that contain deepwolves of which Sloonei stands out as the only one that actually makes any sense. Which also doesn't make sense. The gamestate feels like it's clamped, but the clamped gamestate feels like one in which Owner is going to be a miss.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Owner is not playing like someone without active teammates operating in a POE clamped state is what I am trying to articulate. They are playing like a detached town that has found themselves friendless. And I intend to be that friend.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[VOTE: hawkataine] aubergine

Ehhhhhh

I think a significant amount of the player list tends more towards individual mafia play than the kind of organized team play you're accustomed to
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:55 am Ehhhhhh

I think a significant amount of the player list tends more towards individual mafia play than the kind of organized team play you're accustomed to
what does this mean?
Alison

Post by Alison »

Refer to the description in pink. Does it make sense to have that thought process, and arrive at Gavial as your final conclusion?
Alison

Post by Alison »

Like JJJ and Gavial have already shown on D1 that their thought processes don't necessarily mesh. If your goal was to maximize progress made with someone who can keep up with him, wouldn't Sloonei be the obvious choice? Or Mac, or myself?

Also, what does "I guess I was thinking if this is more like a chat of sorts" mean?? All Owner knew at the time they made the call to send the fruits was that the passion fruit was "lucky". They would have no information that it would give those two a chat, that's something that we only inferred once we realized the passion fruit sent them on a date together.

The more I look at that claim post the more I feel like it's actually a scumslip.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”