staypositivefriend
No votes

Total votes: 3
Gavial
Made Man
Posts in topic: 60

Re: PSY 2310 - Cognitive Psychology [DAY 1]

Post by Gavial »

I mean Nanook could be scum, but I’m leaning Town on them.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

As for Scotty though hmm...
Might be willing to vote there.
Arete
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 313
Preferred Pronouns: They/them/theirs/themself

Post by Arete »

okay wait

am I dumb/failing to know about nicknames or did Seth just state reads on three people who aren't in the game
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 96
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

sunbae wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:18 pm dyslexicon is posting how i post when i begrudgingly join a game because the player list looks fun, rand town, decide to just mess around, then find myself actually trying to solve things because i cant help myself and kinda hate myself for it a little but its too late im in now
sunbae wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:21 pm gut reaction to this was its a series of posts a wolf makes because they think itll look towny
These were the two posts that pinged me from sunbae. I don't feel like sunbae is interested in these reads and just wanted to toss them out and move on. Compare this to their SPF read which they went in depth to and went back and forth with SPF about. I also don't really agree with the basis of the reads, insofar as I don't really get the impression sunbae's playstyle is similar enough to Dizzy's to really draw direct comparisons between their town entrances like that, and I definitely don't agree with the shade on Marl because I think Marl has been pretty townie and those posts aren't reflective of his scum play at all.

The other thing that bothers me about sunbae was their willingness to just let go of something they found townie about me once other people started scumreading me. If it was a gut or meta read, I could see it, but they had a fairly convoluted thought process/logic behind why they townread me, and they just went "oh well, everyone else hates her, I guess I'll throw that logic away".

sunbae isn't egregiously wolfy, but I've been pinged by at least a couple of their takes and I think they deserve more scrutiny.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
outed wolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 642

Post by outed wolf »

I think he's.... Talking about the spectators?

So either it's a joke or made up reads

Does Seth make jokes?
Alison

Post by Alison »

Arete wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:23 am okay wait

am I dumb/failing to know about nicknames or did Seth just state reads on three people who aren't in the game
I recognize some of those names; I'm pretty sure he posted to the wrong thread. Probably best to talk as little as possible about those posts in order to avoid ongoing games influence.
Alison

Post by Alison »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:19 am i actually was getting pinged by dyachei a couple of hours ago when you were facing a lot of heat, and that's what prompted me to question them in the first place. i felt like dyachei was a little bit overeager to use the heat on you as validation that their read was "correct", and the way they worded their read on you in this post in particular: https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewt ... 55#p798955 had "am i right, fellow villagers?" energy to me

i don't really know what my read is on you right now, but i overstated my scumread on you earlier
Okay.
Amy
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 291
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by Amy »

Gavial wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:18 am IDK Marmot’s Town I guess
this post killed me instantly
hope you're having a good day
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 102
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

they’re all voting in the poll as spectators but aren’t playing

he’s lolcatting with words
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

oh he's

lolcatting?

maybe?

idk man i regret refreshing thread tbh
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Amy wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:26 am
Gavial wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:18 am IDK Marmot’s Town I guess
this post killed me instantly
I made that purposely! :D
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 102
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

i’m taking this as a sign it’s time to sleep

:offtobed:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Amy wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:27 am oh he's

lolcatting?

maybe?

idk man i regret refreshing thread tbh
:shrug:
I mean if you can LolCat as Town then I guess I am.
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 531

Post by staypositivefriend »

i think that nutella, marluxion, vulgard, amy, tangy, and c4 is a pool of names that has one wolf maximum. that's my village core for today. starting to feel less confident with my solving in the people outside of that core, but this is a fine start
staypositivefriend
Hitman

hally, before you go, mind giving me a quick overview of your reads rn?
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:29 am i think that nutella, marluxion, vulgard, amy, tangy, and c4 is a pool of names that has one wolf maximum. that's my village core for today. starting to feel less confident with my solving in the people outside of that core, but this is a fine start
You forgot Marmot.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 600

Post by nutella »

Alison wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:24 am
sunbae wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:18 pm dyslexicon is posting how i post when i begrudgingly join a game because the player list looks fun, rand town, decide to just mess around, then find myself actually trying to solve things because i cant help myself and kinda hate myself for it a little but its too late im in now
sunbae wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:21 pm gut reaction to this was its a series of posts a wolf makes because they think itll look towny
These were the two posts that pinged me from sunbae. I don't feel like sunbae is interested in these reads and just wanted to toss them out and move on. Compare this to their SPF read which they went in depth to and went back and forth with SPF about. I also don't really agree with the basis of the reads, insofar as I don't really get the impression sunbae's playstyle is similar enough to Dizzy's to really draw direct comparisons between their town entrances like that, and I definitely don't agree with the shade on Marl because I think Marl has been pretty townie and those posts aren't reflective of his scum play at all.

The other thing that bothers me about sunbae was their willingness to just let go of something they found townie about me once other people started scumreading me. If it was a gut or meta read, I could see it, but they had a fairly convoluted thought process/logic behind why they townread me, and they just went "oh well, everyone else hates her, I guess I'll throw that logic away".

sunbae isn't egregiously wolfy, but I've been pinged by at least a couple of their takes and I think they deserve more scrutiny.
hm, i thought those takes were fine and real

i understand your gripe with his walkback on you but i think it's reasonable for him to defer to people who have played with you?

generally i think his transparency and thought process has been really villagery and like he really wants to solve, and taking other people's views into account is part of that

Hally wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:26 am

they’re all voting in the poll as spectators but aren’t playing

he’s lolcatting with words
this lol
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Alison

Post by Alison »

I really don't get the scumreads on Marl in particular. It would be great if sunbae could elaborate more on those, because I think Marl has been pretty broadly townie this game.
Alison

Post by Alison »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:29 am i think that nutella, marluxion, vulgard, amy, tangy, and c4 is a pool of names that has one wolf maximum. that's my village core for today. starting to feel less confident with my solving in the people outside of that core, but this is a fine start
Exclude c4 from this and I would be ok with this list.
Arete
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Arete »

I have a hot take that Seth probably doesn't randomly make the spectator reads and insist that it's a super funny joke as wolf

he takes the game ... seriously? ... as wolf, which to be clear is not the same thing as 'being good at it' or 'not outing his entire team with spew' or 'not pinging the lost wolf with a poem that spells out WE R IN TOWNCORE with the first letter of every line as an elaborate form of signalling, without consulting his teammates' but he has a conception of himself as a good scum player (specifically thinking of an FoL wolfgame, Wild West, where he was super insistent on trying to bus Moleland, his partner, on the grounds that he was a better wolf than Moleland (which is not true)) and I don't think his self-conception of himself as a good scum player is consistent with making that sort of joke

and if it were just actual lolcatting I don't think he would deny that he's lolcatting
staypositivefriend
Hitman

gavial's most recent posts have been vibrant enough for me to at least consider exploring outside of him today
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

So. Dya then?

Where else we thinking
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

if gav is town my desire to kill alison rises exponentially
Alison

Post by Alison »

Amy wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:05 am if gav is town my desire to kill alison rises exponentially
Me being right about people is a towntell, not a scumtell.
Arete
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Arete »

Vulgard wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:12 pm Arete, do you have any reason to think c4 is town beyond the readlist thing?
no
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:13 pm I HARD SHIELD GAVIAL.
...why? like I get not being confident either way on him but he really hasn't done anything villagery
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:28 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:15 pm
do you think his posts are town-indicative, or is this a meme
I think they are null indicative and he should stay in the game. :beer:
again, why is that a reason he should stay in the game
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:02 pm
Marluxion wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:54 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:15 pm
do you think his posts are town-indicative, or is this a meme
it's a meme
he hasn't towntold even remotely yet
Gavial is a bad chop regardless of if he has town told or not.
I would be much more comfortable to give him space and time.
I think he's an easy read over time.
This is why I hard shield him.

I'm a good chop strictly strategically, because I'm a very hard read if I was mafia here.
However, I am town.
If you believe Gavial is mafia, we should chop someone on his wagon right now. There will be mafia there if Gavial is mafia.
I guess that kind of answers my question :upside_down:

I'm happy to give him until the end of day to towntell, in my experience when he's V he can usually be obviously in his town range by the end of the day

also, preflipping him scum and chopping on his wagon on the assumption that there are bussers is silly, if he's a wolf then killing him ... kills a wolf, which is good, and also makes the tracker more powerful
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:10 pm I hope that Arete will accept her nick name, Aroot, from now till eternity. What to you think, @Arete ?
it's been a nickname of mine for a while! because I'm Atree, see
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:22 pm
Gavial wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:17 pm I think SPF is scum over Hally.
[VOTE: SPF] aubergine
the extent to which Dizzy is aligning with Seth (to the point of sheeping him?) is really weird

right now I'm at 'probably not W/W, otherwise baffling regardless of Dizzy's alignment'
Tangrowth wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:26 pm I'm perhaps not going to come close to matching a fair portion of this playlist through sheer reads and/or solving methods. That's not really my strength, especially this early on, and even more so with people I don't know and entering a tense environment with an intimidating playerlist that I felt and feel more so on the outer edges of for the most part. I understand why people are explaining pleasantries as things I do, and I appreciate the kind thoughts that underlie such an association, so thanks, really. It is very important to me that people are having fun, particularly with such an enamored group of players, but I do think I may have been less concerned about the discordance in such a way that it would be easier to find my footing if I had TMI right now, even if I'd still try to put everyone at more ease publicly. As it stands... I just sort of feel like I'm dipping my toes in the pool, trying to get a feel for things, and if that means people are going to be hesitant to town read me because I'm hurling softballs or whatever, that's fine I guess, but I just don't feel like waiting for me to produce is a good way to find me as town. I guess I don't know where I fit in with this town at all yet, and that's not a comforting spot to be in... I like feeling like I have a specific purpose. I realize someone could just say well, make reads, do your own thing, but I am not going to force reads that I don't have (hence the questions), and I don't function well in a corner. I'm not expecting anyone to help me with that, it's my place to try to optimize how I can help win us this game, just musing aloud about it. I'm probably >rand in terms of being a self-oriented person, and I'll try to keep such perspective to a minimum and let you all figure me out or find me however you'd like, but I have a direct responsibility to make myself easier to find from my end too, and I wanted these things said nonetheless because I feel like at least some players will struggle to find me based on what's been said already. Anyway, without further ado, a reads list.

Strong town
Dizzy - As the player I know the second best out of everyone here, it's natural that I have thoughts here. Dizzy could do anything as scum, I'm convinced, and he could do anything as any alignment to some extent, lol. Wide range is accurate. He's fooled me embarrassingly before, but I don't know, I think the universe in which Dizzy assessed his place in this game with a town role card better matches his behavior thus far than if he were scum. This is mostly driven by a self-centered read actually, so I suppose while it's close to strong now it could also be the most subject to volatility with additional factors, but he and I have a long-standing joke about how we never role the same alignment (I swear it's true though), and I was anxiously awaiting how he would interact with me with an entrance here. I think the way he played to me here reads pretty genuine. The way he played to the thread is worthy of a light town read (update: with his recent posting, I probably feel even better about this particular assessment, he seems carefree). I also think this re: Gavial seems unnecessary if he's scum. I'm not worried about Dizzy right now, even if I maybe should be.
nutella - I wouldn't say nutella has an "easy" meta by any means because I think that's disrespectful to her abilities to play a variety of approaches as a seasoned vet, but she does have a tendency to just scream I'M A VILLAGER to me emotionally (and apparently to others whether through emotions and/or her methodology) when she actually is, and it's understandable that she has a hard time matching that as scum fairly often. To say the least, town nutella, that's what I'm seeing here. She is just oozing genuine emotion about the game, her position, I already thought she was seeming town given the "situation" earlier, but ever since then a lot of her posts have spoken to me. I can try to elaborate upon this when I have more time if it's warranted, but yeah, I'll just play the "I've known nutella for over 10 years and I trust myself enough at this point to be able to read her" card whenever I do feel strongly about her alignment, and that is the case right now (insert disclaimer about reassessment). Please do not yeet her.

Moderate town
Vulgard - This is the solving that just seems... very natural to me. I guess I'm not the only one, so I'm probably sheeping that to some extent too, to what degree I'm not sure. I agree with him about Arete seeming cautious, and I share some of the same concerns (Hally) and I think the recent approach towards spf seemed >rand hard to fake. I also like the lines of questioning, like here. Sort of a no-brainer town read, but not willing to put him up in strong yet.
Zack (bronana) - Zack seems fine, I need to interact with him to better sort him, but I skim through his ISO and it seems believable enough as solving (and shitposting), but this is my favorite Zack post for sure, it just smells like the town Zack indignation I'd expect. I suppose it helps that I don't currently have a town read on c4 myself. I don't sense an agenda in Zack's posts.

Light town
Alison - This is an incredibly light read, but between Alison's declaration of no reads and the way came to the discussed suspicion here are believable as genuine town Alison thoughts. I think she may feel more pressure to tryhard if she were scum. However, she also can and will throw out town reads like they're candy and come to some unique perspectives when she's town from what I've seen, so I don't want to unfairly hold her to a standard, but I am sort of checking my watch waiting for her to get truly invested to assess a better read.
dya - I read their frustration as genuine even if I'm not sure if it's really alignment indicative at all. Beyond that, I see enough "poke" statements for lack of a better term that I like that GTH I'd sort them as town.
spf - Lots of genuine gear turning and poking and pushing the thread, and based on what has been said about her (more "words" as scum), this seems to align more with a theory of town spf.
Visor (outed wolf) - As much as I've interacted with Visor from time to time, have we actually played together? I can't remember. Anyway, Visor seems legit. This is probably the most reliant on soul read of my light towns.

POE
Amy - Amy's doing things and I feel this placement is sort of unfair to her, but I'm just not getting there on her at all yet, and that's probably a me problem, and I'd like to bridge the gap. Her tone is fine, she has made some efforts to solve, I just don't see them as genuine or anything yet and I can't place her emotions anywhere. I'm still sort of clueless as to why she's getting townread. She has 35 posts and I can't really tell anything AI at all in them personally, and that's a bit concerning.
Arete - I don't know whether I buy Arete's push on me or not still, something isn't squaring with me about it and I'm not sure how to clarify. The policy push on Dizzy is just bad at face value, but I'm not sure whether it makes them wolfy.
c4 - I think I can get somewhere to find c4, but as of now nothing. The reads list is somewhat opposed to mine, I'd like to try and figure out and reconcile some differences of opinion.
Gavial - Yikes, this ISO is a nothingburger. An easy d1 yeet candidate. I just don't think alignment can be assessed unless Gavial (Seth?) steps up his game. I also defer somewhat to you who know him better.
Hally - I'm sad to report this, but I'm not feeling Hally yet and I really need to talk to them. I appreciated their explanation of Arete's push of me but I'm having trouble seeing eye to eye with them about that. We agree about nutella and Vulgard, but I'm not really sure how Hally reached those conclusions enough to make a determination. I might GTH them town so they're probably the person in my POE I least want to vote out right now, but I still couldn't place them in the above category.
KZA - I'm not sure what to do with this ISO at this time. Help.
Marluxion - I'm not sure what to do with this ISO at this time. Help.
sunbae - This is the battle of my brain and my heart... for sunbae. My brain says sure, he's town, but my heart says no (and whacks the town read away), so I guess he drops to here? I'm not sure where to place him, maybe he needs his own "sunbae???" category. There are complex thoughts and gears turning, but I don't sense a town agenda yet. I'm not sure how to explain it, but it feels off to me, he doesn't emotionally match what 1 day we had in the Voxx 9er and I'm not sure I believed his thoughts on spf were real. I don't need him to like, spend time convincing me, I'm hoping and assuming a light switch will go off at some point.

I don't have enough of a sense to sort within tiers, so they're alphabetical for now. Maybe I'm concentrating too much on people I know and being fooled, lol.

These feel mostly like foggy thoughts outside of nutella, so this isn't presented in a way that's supposed to be anything but ranting (and trying to keep it short, oops) about a lot of cogs in motion, but due to the nature of this game and the post cap, I thought it'd be better to spectate and at least try and collect my thoughts to create a reads list and say some things, and then try to interact and post in a more preferred way.

Also, hi @Dyslexicon! I'd say sheep nutella if you'd like, I trust her and she seems to have an increasing handle on the game affairs. I am really excited to be on the same side here... I think it's true!? I hope.
I think this readlist makes me feel a bit better about Tangrowth

the part at the beginning about not really being sure what role to take on/what to do was something that really resonated with me, and mirrored a lot of what I've been feeling this game, which maybe isn't a good reason to townread her but I still feel like it's townie

then there are a couple takes in here that just feel like a villager bouncing back and forth between thoughts -- the Sunbae one is the one that really stuck out to me, as seeming like genuine villagery uncertainty of trying to figure out a read while conflicted
bronana wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:08 pm goofy thought alert

sunbae immediately reading spf's self-meta wall from offsite but not reading tangy's whole reads wall is because sunbae/tangy are wolves and spf is town

this read is stupid and i debated whether or not to post it, then decided i'd go for it on the off chance someone calls me villagy for it
the bolded is villagery

yes this is a stupid read

yes I believe it anyway

Sunbae has a long string of posts that I'm not going to quote all of where he goes deeply into a previous game where SPF talked about how to read her in order to argue that SPF is fitting the description of her wolfgame, I think the level of ?detail?/nitpickiness (not really sure how to explain it) is very townie (when I try to explain it the closest I can get is 'a wolf wouldn't put in all the effort to do that' which I don't think would apply to Sunbae given that he's supposedly really good, but I think my actual point is a little different and I just can't come up with the right words to express it)

I also kind of like them talking about how they're forcing themself not to tunnel out of guilt (?) for a previous game but that's more of a gutread
Tangrowth wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:08 pm
bronana wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:59 pm why is arete town?

I just get the sense they're the reasonable sounding wolf who is not actually that villagy once you step back and think about it
I agree totally.
on the other hand this from Tangrowth is kind of weh, it feels like they went from putting me in her PoE and vaguely hedging on me (which isn't an unreasonable perspective for a villager to have in her position and makes sense with her previously expressed read on my push on her) to just sheeping it when someone else makes a point against me, which feels sort of opportunistic given that I had been pushing her
Amy wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:16 pm
bronana wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:14 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:09 pm here's a bold and innovative read: i have no idea what hally's alignment is
their "a bunch of lazy townreads, call the lowest hanging of fruits a wolf, a few easy questions" seems like straightforwardly wolfy play

they've had relatively slow starts in the couple games i've been v/v with them, but we've been in the game long enough now and if hally's town i'm just not seeing it yet

there i said it :keys:
this is p much where i'm at

the actual biggest issue i have with their earlygame, beyond even the "tmiing zack v" thing (which i concede may be me nitpicking myself into oblivion), is that they wolfread me in the exact spot where i think a wolf usually throws an easy townread at whichever villager's decided to do slightly more than the bare minimum on page 1
confused Arete noises
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:52 pm
Alison wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:48 pm
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:46 pm
Alison wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:44 pm What exactly have you done that's out of your wolfrange c4?
This whole damn game

You saw me freeze on every single push I ever made in CoV
You saw me do jack shit to advance jack shit from my worldview in CoV
You saw me shamelessly TMI every controversial name in CoV

How tf
I have no idea what you're talking about.
What

Above: "What have you done that's out of your wolfrange?"
Middle: "Here's what I've done that's out of my wolfrange."
Below: "I have no idea what you're talking about."
Alison wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:48 pm What on earth does freezing on every single push you made or advance jack shit from your worldview even mean
It means freezing every time I make a push and not actually trying to make anything happen that would be good in my worldview what else
the fervor with which c4 seems to believe that he's out of his wolfrange feels genuine to me, which makes me think he's more likely to be town as wolves obviously rarely genuinely believe that they're out of their wolfrange
Hally wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:01 pm mfw when i’m trying to bus gavial and alison won’t let me :fist:
is there a reason you keep openwolfing

I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt but I do still think it's >rand W!!!

---

and that gets me back to caught up! yay!!!!!!

additional takes that I have after reading that aren't in response to specific posts:

- my gut is telling me Alison's a villager, I literally do not have any actual reasoning there which is unusual (when I say a gut read I usually mean 'I have a reason but it's bad so I'm not going to say it' but here I just do not have a reason) but it's a take that I have. everyone else seems to disagree with me which kind of makes me doubt myself, but.
- Vulgard is almost certainly a villager, I'm going to try and explain this before EoD because I think 'high confidence correct reads on Vulgard' is about the most valuable thing that I can provide in terms of reads, this isn't exactly an unusual read but he seems like the sort of slot that people could plausibly turn on in midgame if he's wrong a lot and I want to be sure that doesn't happen
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

Alison wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:07 am
Amy wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:05 am if gav is town my desire to kill alison rises exponentially
it's not about you being right

it's the fact that, at the time you posted that other gav iso, there was exactly NOTHING i detected in that iso that was at all similar to how he was playing this game

and i think the simplest explanation as to how you're seeing something that isn't necessarily there is that you have TMI that you're looking at 2 villa isos
Arete
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Arete »

Amy wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:10 am

it's the fact that, at the time you posted that other gav iso, there was exactly NOTHING i detected in that iso that was at all similar to how he was playing this game

and i think the simplest explanation as to how you're seeing something that isn't necessarily there is that you have TMI that you're looking at 2 villa isos
why can't she be a villager who was seeing something different from the specific things you thought were salient?
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

Arete wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:22 am

why can't she be a villager who was seeing something different from the specific things you thought were salient?
if she is, then she's failed to adequately explain what exactly it is that she saw
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

why is marl villagery to people idgi
sunbae
The Mark
Posts in topic: 278

Post by sunbae »

outed wolf wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:59 am So. Dya then?

Where else we thinking
kza?

enter thread -> couple quick town reads -> pop out -> pop back in d2 to say gav has gotten too much heat to be wolf -> a quick question -> pop out again

Seems like a reasonable posting sequence for a wolf thats just gonna kick back for a bit and let people yell at each other and go through some general motions for a bit
Arete
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Arete »

outed wolf wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:51 am why is marl villagery to people idgi
he feels like a Marl rather than a pale imitation of a Marl

realistically I probably shouldn't be townreading as hard as I am when he hasn't really made any major pushes (the manner in which he pushes people is very AI for him although the results of said pushes are not)
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

i mean im not saying marls a wolf i just dont see anything that makes him such an obv villa

havent known kza to be particularly engaged in games iirc but could see it
sunbae
The Mark

Post by sunbae »

Lots of posting since I left

Gonna stew on it some.

I feel like C4's sequence of "do you really think I can do this as a wolf" is the type of indignant thing villagers say when they've been taking a game serious and are shocked someone actually has them as a wolf.

I feel like Alisons frustrations with me are relevant to her alignment. Like, being frustrated about me having a specific read and walking it back after others disagree feels like a villagery thing to me? I'm afraid of this being a thing where I have zero experience with someone, find general things towny, but others with experience just find her wolfy and I'm wrong thing. But like, I didn't mind her posting here either even though others went at her for it.

I have no idea what Gav is doing with the giving reads on people not in the game thing. I've always struggled to separate trolly town and trolly wolves apart (last turbo had this issue d1 too). I think there's been some weird defenses of Gav and I can't tell if it's wolfy tmi or not.
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

just gonna float this one out there for the talking heads

theres a confidence to amys posting that rubs me the wrong way

just a nebulous sort of thought thats been gnawing at me
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

i feel i should add that i jumped on amy in a somewhat recent game due to a perceived tonal wolfiness in posting so i would take anything i say with a grain of salt here (but i think amy would also admit it wasnt a completey regular amy game)
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

oh and i may or may not show up for eod, we will see, i will vote whoever i think is most likely to flip wolf before i go anyway, regardless of wagon formations
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I think you're still misunderstanding her point, she wasn't ever calling it similar to this game she was calling it similar to seths wolfrange in general

Also why do you think wolf alison would shield town gav idgi
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

sunbae wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:51 am
outed wolf wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:59 am So. Dya then?

Where else we thinking
kza?

enter thread -> couple quick town reads -> pop out -> pop back in d2 to say gav has gotten too much heat to be wolf -> a quick question -> pop out again

Seems like a reasonable posting sequence for a wolf thats just gonna kick back for a bit and let people yell at each other and go through some general motions for a bit
yeah kza can def be a wolf here, was hoping for more actual takes from him but he hasn't delivered

I think dya is my preferred chop atm but I would support a kza wagon as well
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
sunbae
The Mark

Post by sunbae »

My hottest take after those pages is that Dya/Alison is v/v. I think Dya truly believes that Alison is a wolf for the way she's handled Gav and the other game. I also believe that Alison strongly believes that Gav is town. And these two thoughts are clashing past each other. I also think I entirely follow Dya's reasoning for pressing Alison over Gav and it's not some sinister "parters with Gav" thing where she's calling Gav a wolf but pushing Alison first. I think Dya is pushing Alison first because she thinks regardless of Gav's role, Alison is full of it here (either as teammates defending or as a wolf with tmi) and is more likely to flip W.

I feel ... medium ... confident about it
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I've gotten to townleans on all of arete, hally, spf, and c4 at this point

Could be a wolf in there but I'm happy to table them for now
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

The fact that dizzy wolfreads hally is perhaps significant cause for concern though
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
sunbae
The Mark

Post by sunbae »

nutella wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:09 am I've gotten to townleans on all of arete, hally, spf, and c4 at this point

Elaborate on Arete please?
Also Hally?
sunbae
The Mark

Post by sunbae »

This is either one of those games where I'm doing a good job of recognizing when to back off and play peacemaker (spf, dya, alison) or its one of those games where the thread as a whole has locked in on a wolf or two and I'm just not doing a good job of following it (alison, gav, dya)
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

why is dya in 2 different positions in that post

2nd in the first brackets and 3rd in the second
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

sunbae wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:10 am
nutella wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:09 am I've gotten to townleans on all of arete, hally, spf, and c4 at this point

Elaborate on Arete please?
Also Hally?
Aretes catchup posts and recent takes, their input on gav etc, have just vibed well to me, I see the gears turning and think they're genuinely trying to solve people without tmi

Hally is my weakest in those 4 for sure, just thought I saw a glimmer of what I misread them for in reflections that may just be indicative of their more low key village game, plus have agreed on a couple reads (but wary of them pocketing me that way)
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
sunbae
The Mark

Post by sunbae »

Because the bottom list is in the order of me not understanding the case on them (alison least, gav second least due to the way it was piled on before the recent stint of posting, dya i totally understand given i was on it for a while) whereas the first list was in order of my making peace with them (spf earlier,dya/alison now) dont ask why my brain works the way it does, idk either lol
Marluxion
The Mark
Posts in topic: 332
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Marl

Post by Marluxion »

Amy wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:15 pm wolves are in gavial/dya/hally/arete/alison/kza??? with a side helping of "i haven't done due diligence on visor yet"

marl could also be a wolf but i lean v for now

nobody else activates my fight or flight when i call them town so
brain says the list has all the wolves but my heart says that has to be way way way too easy
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

interesting that you have a reason for ordering, i honestly expected you to reply "no reason lol" or "just the order they came into my head"

i know when i do walrus reveals when it comes to top 3 and bottom 3 i try to make the order unclear and mess with it, and when giving lists of names for whatever reason as a wolf i try to be conscious of what i am saying with each list and so on
Marluxion
The Mark
Posts in topic: 332
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Marl

Post by Marluxion »

i also dont really townread the swagged-out lissa clone, they kinda feel like they're just there
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

(as in the only reason i care about any potential ordering is when i care about what other people will think when they read it and that only as a wolf)

wonder if you felt like you had to justify yourself there for whatever reason or just a quirk of yours

something to think about i suppose

Return to “Previous Rackets”