Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: PSY 2310 - Cognitive Psychology [DAY 1]

Post by Alison »

dyachei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:49 pm
Alison wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:47 pm
dyachei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:46 pm i think it's w/v
Why can't it be V/V?
because neither of you are villagery. you least of all
Let's say I flip green right now and my arguments that Gavial has been essentially NAI this game are proven to be made in good faith. Are you going to treat him as outed wolf because we're "W/V"?
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 287

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Alison wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:48 pm
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:46 pm
Alison wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:44 pm What exactly have you done that's out of your wolfrange c4?
This whole damn game

You saw me freeze on every single push I ever made in CoV
You saw me do jack shit to advance jack shit from my worldview in CoV
You saw me shamelessly TMI every controversial name in CoV

How tf
I have no idea what you're talking about.
What

Above: "What have you done that's out of your wolfrange?"
Middle: "Here's what I've done that's out of my wolfrange."
Below: "I have no idea what you're talking about."
Alison wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:48 pm What on earth does freezing on every single push you made or advance jack shit from your worldview even mean
It means freezing every time I make a push and not actually trying to make anything happen that would be good in my worldview what else
Spoiler: show
Progression cases are bad.
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 324
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

Alison wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:50 pm
Why can't it be V/V?
Let's say I flip green right now and my arguments that Gavial has been essentially NAI this game are proven to be made in good faith. Are you going to treat him as outed wolf because we're "W/V"?
no, i'm going to treat him as a wolf because his iso in that other game is a lot villagerier than this game and it's not just about whether he posts or not?

why would you flipping green mean you were right on gavial? you've already shown me you can't compare likes
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 96

Post by Alison »

I caught you in COV because you had terrible associatives with MR. I did not note any particular "freezing" in your pushes or any lack of advancing your worldview. You kinda openwolfed in COV which is why you were caught by association with a red flip, and you pushing me for really bad reasons here is entirely compatible with that play.
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

like i can't wrap my head around why you think these games are anywhere near alike alison
Alison

Post by Alison »

dyachei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:53 pm no, i'm going to treat him as a wolf because his iso in that other game is a lot villagerier than this game and it's not just about whether he posts or not?

why would you flipping green mean you were right on gavial? you've already shown me you can't compare likes
I mean it sounds like you've already made up your mind that we're both wolfy and you're confbiasing the hell out of it then.
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Alison wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:53 pm I caught you in COV because you had terrible associatives with MR. I did not note any particular "freezing" in your pushes or any lack of advancing your worldview. You kinda openwolfed in COV which is why you were caught by association with a red flip, and you pushing me for really bad reasons here is entirely compatible with that play.
"You were wolfy in these two games so they're the same" smh

So is the team exactly me/dya/spf/Zack if the reasons are that bad then? Or is there something specific about the way I did it?
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

Alison wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:55 pm
dyachei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:53 pm no, i'm going to treat him as a wolf because his iso in that other game is a lot villagerier than this game and it's not just about whether he posts or not?

I mean it sounds like you've already made up your mind that we're both wolfy and you're confbiasing the hell out of it then.
you showed me a village game of gav's. that's not his behavior here. therefore he's wolfy rn

you have shown me you're not really paying attention to the game but you're making hard conclusions on it. I'm not sure you give a fuck about this game rn but the thoughts you're providing to the thread are really shallow for you. therefore, you're being wolfy

those things exist no matter what. is it now conf bias to have reads on people?

i'm going to bed
Alison

Post by Alison »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:56 pm
Alison wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:53 pm I caught you in COV because you had terrible associatives with MR. I did not note any particular "freezing" in your pushes or any lack of advancing your worldview. You kinda openwolfed in COV which is why you were caught by association with a red flip, and you pushing me for really bad reasons here is entirely compatible with that play.

So is the team exactly me/dya/spf/Zack if the reasons are that bad then? Or is there something specific about the way I did it?
I think you've pushed the narrative that I am trying to protect Gavial because I'm W/W with him the hardest, which I think is pretty blatantly untrue in both senses. The others may be concerned about my alignment, but they're at least trying to figure me out/reason with me, whereas you're just, like, letting other people pile on and then pointing a finger and going "Alison is so wolfy smhsmh".
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 102
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

mfw when i’m trying to bus gavial and alison won’t let me :fist:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

dyachei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:57 pm you showed me a village game of gav's. that's not his behavior here. therefore he's wolfy rn

you have shown me you're not really paying attention to the game but you're making hard conclusions on it. I'm not sure you give a fuck about this game rn but the thoughts you're providing to the thread are really shallow for you. therefore, you're being wolfy

i'm going to bed
Just to clarify because there's been a lot of talk about how different Gavial was between that game and this. I am not saying that Gavial is exactly the same between that game and this. I actually townread Gavial confidently for being different from Fallout 2 (where he was a wolf) in that game and here I am NAI on him. I am using that link to demonstrate that he can engage in some of the behaviors you're scumreading him for even when he is town. For instance, Amy wrote that she felt that Gavial was just faffing about and doesn't really care about deeply engaging with other players. That's something I think he did in Double Elimination as well, he just pushed his own concerns, told people to fuck off when they were scumreading him and didn't really care to realtime with them or try to seriously evaluate them.

I don't think it's fair or accurate to accuse me of not paying attention to the game. I don't think my thoughts have been shallow at all, and yes I think you're confbiased because you've said that if I were to flip town you wouldn't take my reads and thoughts into account at all. Which is literally confbias, refusing to update your beliefs in light of new evidence.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i finally gave myself a custom undertitle :workit:
Alison

Post by Alison »

Hally wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:06 pm i finally gave myself a custom undertitle :workit:
How do you do that?
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

Alison wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:06 pm
dyachei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:57 pm you showed me a village game of gav's. that's not his behavior here. therefore he's wolfy rn

i'm going to bed
Just to clarify because there's been a lot of talk about how different Gavial was between that game and this. I am not saying that Gavial is exactly the same between that game and this. I actually townread Gavial confidently for being different from Fallout 2 (where he was a wolf) in that game and here I am NAI on him. I am using that link to demonstrate that he can engage in some of the behaviors you're scumreading him for even when he is town. For instance, Amy wrote that she felt that Gavial was just faffing about and doesn't really care about deeply engaging with other players. That's something I think he did in Double Elimination as well, he just pushed his own concerns, told people to fuck off when they were scumreading him and didn't really care to realtime with them or try to seriously evaluate them.

I don't think it's fair or accurate to accuse me of not paying attention to the game. I don't think my thoughts have been shallow at all, and yes I think you're confbiased because you've said that if I were to flip town you wouldn't take my reads and thoughts into account at all. Which is literally confbias, refusing to update your beliefs in light of new evidence.
on gavial? absolutely not going to take your read into account. Never said anything about other players

it's not confbias if I'm literally comparing to village meta
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Alison wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:07 pm
Hally wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:06 pm i finally gave myself a custom undertitle :workit:
How do you do that?
you need to be staff or ask for staff to give you one
Amy
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 291
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by Amy »

eyes glazed over reading this page. ya girl should maybe consider getting more than 5 hours of sleep going forward

i'll check back in alter
hope you're having a good day
Alison

Post by Alison »

I don't feel like people are fairly listening to what I have to say about Gavial. At several points in this conversation I have felt as though my words have been distorted or that the meaning I'm trying to get through isn't getting through. Nor do I have confidence that I'm going to sway you on this.

So let's talk about something else. I raised a read on Visor being townie because he seemed to genuinely believe that my read on nutella's wagon was truly nonsensical, when if he was scum he would know deep in his heart that it made sense. It didn't get much attention and got buried by the Gavial stuff. Can you talk to me about that/Visor in general?
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Alison wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:58 pm
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:56 pm

I think you've pushed the narrative that I am trying to protect Gavial because I'm W/W with him the hardest, which I think is pretty blatantly untrue in both senses. The others may be concerned about my alignment, but they're at least trying to figure me out/reason with me, whereas you're just, like, letting other people pile on and then pointing a finger and going "Alison is so wolfy smhsmh".
I can't tell if this is what you actually mean, but no, my role in this momentum wasn't passive in the slightest.

"You should've tried to figure me out" won't get us anywhere. When I try to figure a player out in a game of mafia, I do it by reading their posts and then stating a read on them. "You should've reasoned with me first" won't get us anywhere. I could say the same about this entire list to Seth, and about, well, most reads in general.

So do you actually just wanna have some kinda fireside chat with me? Damn coulda just asked. About to fall asleep rn though so maybe tomorrow afternoon?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Alison wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:10 pm I don't feel like people are fairly listening to what I have to say about Gavial. At several points in this conversation I have felt as though my words have been distorted or that the meaning I'm trying to get through isn't getting through. Nor do I have confidence that I'm going to sway you on this.

So let's talk about something else. I raised a read on Visor being townie because he seemed to genuinely believe that my read on nutella's wagon was truly nonsensical, when if he was scum he would know deep in his heart that it made sense. It didn't get much attention and got buried by the Gavial stuff. Can you talk to me about that/Visor in general?
i didn’t really get your read on him

i’ve never seen him wolf but i would be surprised if getting indignant about something he thought was nonsensical is out of his wolf range

i get you’re saying “would he get indignant if he knew i was right because he’s a wolf?” and my take is still “yeah, probably”
Alison

Post by Alison »

I think there's a difference between town indignation and wolf indignation. Town indignation is like, "that's absurd, how could you ever believe this pure and lovely push I made out of the goodness of my heart to be backed by an insidious scum agenda?" and wolf indignation is like "are you fucking kidding me, this lucksack pushes on me for total bullshit reasons and happens to be right by pure chance. These reasons are so bad."

I tend towards thinking Visor's indignation was more of the former; he seemed to believe that the push itself was pure, and was less focused on trying to discredit my reasons and more trying to figure out how I could ever think that in the first place.
outed wolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 642

Post by outed wolf »

The real difference is both alignments notice it, village me tries to figure out what it means, wolf me uses it to push you because it's an argument with easy to back up logic
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i don’t really think alison and gavial are w/w

just doesn’t make sense
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

meh, i dunno

i probably shouldn’t underestimate the kind of WIFOM alison can do as a wolf

but she has no issues bussing a slot like gavial’s so she would really have to be banking on getting villa read off this line of thinking, and that doesn’t really feel right to me

but i don’t really like her other posts either, not just re: gavial so i dunno
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i’ve decided to employ the revolutionary tactic of “wait for alison to post more”

truly elite, i know
Arete
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 313
Preferred Pronouns: They/them/theirs/themself

Post by Arete »

Okay I'm several pages behind and I have a bunch of other things to say that I haven't typed up yet but I saw that Alison had linked a Seth towngame as an example of him playing to his wolf meta and in the first five posts of his Iso I found this
Gavial wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:59 am
Alison wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:58 am I think Gavial is town.
Rechecks Rolecard

I think your right!

which makes me really confused as to why Alison is using it as an example of him playing identically to his wolf game when she almost immediately found him as town?? @Alison??
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

arete, what’s your read on gavial?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 600

Post by nutella »

wew i've got a few pages to read, head's been hurting like a bitch all day post vax and i needed to lie down/avoid screens for a few hours

reading up
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Arete
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 313
Preferred Pronouns: They/them/theirs/themself

Post by Arete »

Hally wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:06 pm arete, what’s your read on gavial?
based on what I've seen in the posts I've read (which, again, is not all the posts that exist) I think he's probably a wolf, he's not playing like town!Seth like at all, from what I've seen he's not even making an attempt at pushing any of his scumreads? which is one of the big things I expect from town!Seth

Alison had a post where she said that he plays to his wolf meta half the time as town which I don't think is true, I have actually seen it happen by which I mean 'I replaced in for him in a game where he was the uncontested top wagon for doing that' but I think it's more like ten percent of his town games than half of them? which is a number I completely made up but is probably the right ballpark

also I might be misremembering the details but someone had a post that was like 'why even bother to vote him out if he's a wolf, wolves are just going to bus him for towncred which doesn't help us' (this is a really misrepresentative paraphrase) and I think that's also dumb, wolves dying is always good and the fewer wolves there are the stronger the tracker is (and the fewer wolves need to die to turn the jailkeeper into a cop) (also he could be a wolf PR)

like if we're worried that wolves will just bus him we can just not give people towncred for being on his wagon if he flips scum? duh?

I'm not voting him yet because in the offchance he's not I don't want him to randomly tunnel me for Seth reasons when he gets back, getting tunnelled by Seth for sucky reasons is Not Fun, if he's still being wolfy by EoD then I can just vote him then and my vote will do exactly as much to kill him as it would if I voted now
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

dyachei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:04 pm
bronana wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:59 pm
dyachei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:55 pm
bronana wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:52 pm
dyachei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:47 pm it's super frustrating to finally rand town in a game with visor and zack and have them not even explain their shitty reads on me
there's not much to say and i don't want to get into a fight about it, you just don't seem like town dya so far :shrug: I doubt you will go down today while Gav exists, if you're town I should get there in time.

what are your three strongest reads in either direction?
alison most wolfy - have talked about her

towniest is probably tangy. I had them as sort of towny before but I liked their wall, too. I just think there was a lot of detail in there that wouldn't be if he were a wolf?
I didn't care for alison's posts either, but I know from past experience with her as v/v (admittedly small sample) that I find a non-trivial part of her approach to the game somewhat alien. She's also barely posted and it was all on page 1/2 iirc, hoping to get a better handle on her when she returns.

interesting, I did like tangy's wall and possibly am being unfair with her. lol maybe i'm just used to getting an extensive sampling of 500 posts where i can immerse myself in her mindset and see the villagy POV :ponder:

any thoughts on amy, nutella, or gavial?
i have amy as probably villa. It's kind of a feel thing with amy

nutella actually feels wrong to me. I know I was fucking around with you guys when I said her posts aren't bad yet...but they haven't been good either. I'm not getting that v nutella tone I'm used to seeing. She kind of feels like she did in the game where she was 3p
ok I don't know how to feel about this lol. obviously there's no 3p in this game so it's sort of weird for them to make that comparison, and again my posting is different because it's a light game (plus some timing/investment things i guess)

like my first instinct is you're deciding to say i feel off to you because it'll make you look villagery or something

but also i'm not sure if it's how you would treat my slot rn if you were a wolf (kinda thought you might try to pocket or play up an associative link to me somehow)

mrrr

i can see v dya believing in this read at the moment but nothing particularly makes me feel like they're v, so this ultimately rubs me wrong

Hally wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:26 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:54 pm
Hally wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:34 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:28 pm @Hally Make a read on me, do it for science!
Gavial wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:30 pm What’s your cases on me?
@Hally
@staypositivefriend
you seem like a wolf
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:32 pm Wait lol, Hally and SPF are voting what used to be a 4 post Gavial. LOL

@Hally @staypositivefriend I'm going to crush your dreams if any or both of you are mafia and I get to ever read this game. Terrible votes!
i’m pretty happy with my vote, actually
>> rand scum
hally i feel like your engagement with the thread has been really limited/narrow and it's kinda unsettling; however your gif response here actually reminds me of reflections from the mountaintop where i incorrectly wolfread you from spec (when you were similarly sort of flippantly laughing off/embracing early wolf reads)

just want more from you ig

Alison wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:31 pm
bronana wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:56 pm their posts are indeed posts
Fair enough. I feel the same.
reentry to thread with a fair enough, how fun lol

Hally wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:31 pm
dyachei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:02 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:59 pm @dyachei What is your read on me?

Can you talk about how Alison is your top scum read when she has only 7 posts in the game? I'm not saying it's wrong, and I you probably have talked a lot about it, but if you would restate, I'd appreciate. I did read Alison's ISO btw.
I really like tangy's read of you. I think you've come into the thread with low expectations and have outperformed them to a ridiculous amount. I don't really agree with you on gavial because it seems like he's being antitown at minimum if not outright wolfy. But i think your process feels right to me

i also know that you can be a scary wolf. So i'm calling you light v but I've got the fear
i dunno why but the bolded line feels wolfy to me

just seems kinda fake and like you’re saying stuff you think you should say

but now that i write out this post i don’t really feel strongly about it, meh
do kinda agree with this yeah

Alison wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:51 pm
dyachei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:56 am Alison's post wasn't super great - where she basically accused people of trying to get an easy mis-elim on nutella. Not necessarily because it's within the first 3 hours, but because it feels like TMI on nut. But lets say I'm wrong there...she still left the thread shortly after with no other insight. The alison i know usually has other thoughts on the game.
You're right, I usually have more thoughts on the game. I don't this game though. I opened up by saying I had no reads which is pretty unusual for me.
i'm thinking alison is sliiiiightly heading into a townlean for me as of here

her level of engagement varies a lot based on the game and i've seen her sit back and take stuff in from a distance like this as town more than not i think
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Alison

Post by Alison »

Arete wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:03 pm Okay I'm several pages behind and I have a bunch of other things to say that I haven't typed up yet but I saw that Alison had linked a Seth towngame as an example of him playing to his wolf meta and in the first five posts of his Iso I found this
Gavial wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:59 am
Alison wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:58 am I think Gavial is town.
Rechecks Rolecard

I think your right!

which makes me really confused as to why Alison is using it as an example of him playing identically to his wolf game when she almost immediately found him as town?? @Alison??
I explain it in a post above in this page.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Amy wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:12 pm aight, fuck it

ISOing gavial this game i think it's painfully clear he doesn't give a shit about actively engaging other people except regarding their reads on him - and specifically their scumreads. this on its own is already wolfy in a vacuum - and i realize that gavial is a bit more of an "antitown" player than most, but i don't think the previous sentence applies to his towngame at all. grain of salt because it's been a minute, but last time we towned together he was all over the place trying to correct people's reads and actively advancing his own worldview. it was basically the only thing he actually posted to do lol.

is the difference explainable via activity? i don't think so - i recalled a game on Mafia Colosseum where i made a similar read and went back to doublecheck it. i made this read after he had made four posts. i was correct.

i made my ultimatum yesterday because it already looked like he was trending in that direction but i wanted to give him time to do literally anything resembling his towngame. he didn't. dude's just a wolf
think I agree with this

in modern family hydra he posted more, pushed his takes rather brazenly and was generally more interactive. here it feels like he doesn't know what to respond to and is very in the background
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:21 pm alison's a wolf lol
dyachei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:21 pm
so you agree with me now?
Alison wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:22 pm
I'm not I promise.
this sequence is.......

well. my impression is dya feels like the wolf in it
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

alison would not hesitate to just hellbus gavial here if they were teammates here lmao

i think her approach is town indicative
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

bronana wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:24 pm
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:23 pm
Alison wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:19 pm I'm not closed off to the possibility he's just a wolf.
Someone tell me why I hate this line so much

Is it
The tiptoeing?
The vacuousness?
The fact that this is only coming now from Ms. Akemi "Check The Easy Worlds First" Homura and with so little conviction in the sequence from start to finish?

Your guess is as good as mine.
now that you mention it alison voicing hesitancy over killing a LHF is strange
yeah i guess. the argument against my previous post is if gav is a wolf PR

that could make sense. when alison bussed tim/hk in modern family, the day janitor use was a tradeoff that made it worth it in her eyes. if seth is a pr i can imagine her hard shielding him instead

hm have to think about this a bit more

regardless [VOTE: gavial] aubergine
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

KZA wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:24 pm hot(?) take is that Gavial received way too much heat from too many directions for his 4 post entrance and is probably just town
oh big meh to this pop-in

KZA wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:25 pm
Alison wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:19 pm I'm not closed off to the possibility he's just a wolf.

Is it
The tiptoeing?
The vacuousness?
The fact that this is only coming now from Ms. Akemi "Check The Easy Worlds First" Homura and with so little conviction in the sequence from start to finish?

I don't think it is, she did a similar thing with me in Congress of Vienna where she was town
hey kza

would love if you have some takes that arent direct comparison to previous games, youve done it with your take on spf earlier and now this, and it seems a bit too easy
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Amy wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:29 pm to play devil's advocate:

for alison to have TMI that seth is a wolf, see THAT iso, and decide that she can pass it off as "indistinguishable from his wolfgame" in a manner that would get us to back off of him here requires alison to either think we're REALLY dumb or for her to somehow not see the difference despite having tmi

i guess it could be the sort of outlandishly brazen claim that i've heard w!alison likes to make? dunno. never seen her wolfgame

but on the surface it's such an obtuse point in seth's defense that i'm tempted to call it unaligned as a lv1 read, just because in what universe does that ever work?

(on the other hand if gavial does somehow wind up a villager i kinda just wanna park a vote on alison and go afk for 47 hours 59 minutes)
agree with this

except for the last part. i don't think wolf alison passes up such an easy misyeet lol

idk i just lean v on alison. she could be shielding a wolf PR seth but i'm not convinced
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Arete wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:15 pm
Hally wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:06 pm arete, what’s your read on gavial?
based on what I've seen in the posts I've read (which, again, is not all the posts that exist) I think he's probably a wolf, he's not playing like town!Seth like at all, from what I've seen he's not even making an attempt at pushing any of his scumreads? which is one of the big things I expect from town!Seth

Alison had a post where she said that he plays to his wolf meta half the time as town which I don't think is true, I have actually seen it happen by which I mean 'I replaced in for him in a game where he was the uncontested top wagon for doing that' but I think it's more like ten percent of his town games than half of them? which is a number I completely made up but is probably the right ballpark

also I might be misremembering the details but someone had a post that was like 'why even bother to vote him out if he's a wolf, wolves are just going to bus him for towncred which doesn't help us' (this is a really misrepresentative paraphrase) and I think that's also dumb, wolves dying is always good and the fewer wolves there are the stronger the tracker is (and the fewer wolves need to die to turn the jailkeeper into a cop) (also he could be a wolf PR)

like if we're worried that wolves will just bus him we can just not give people towncred for being on his wagon if he flips scum? duh?

I'm not voting him yet because in the offchance he's not I don't want him to randomly tunnel me for Seth reasons when he gets back, getting tunnelled by Seth for sucky reasons is Not Fun, if he's still being wolfy by EoD then I can just vote him then and my vote will do exactly as much to kill him as it would if I voted now
i feel like you wouldn’t write the last paragraph as gavial’s teammate but that might be too easy, meh
Gavial
Made Man
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Gavial »

Can’t find the quote on the case against me can someone ping me it!?
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

nutella wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:42 pm

Is it
The tiptoeing?
The vacuousness?

that could make sense. when alison bussed tim/hk in modern family, the day janitor use was a tradeoff that made it worth it in her eyes. if seth is a pr i can imagine her hard shielding him instead

I’m not a PR I’m VT. Feel free to vote me.
It’s better then outing an actual PR.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

dyachei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:46 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:44 pm
dyachei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:39 pm
Amy wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:37 pm a bit weirded out that my devil's avocado seems to have gone completely ignored

@dyachei do you have any opinion on the other gavial game, or the meta points i brought up against him?
yeah, he seemed a lot more comfortable there, kind of shot the shit with people and joked around. Here, he's stayed mostly quiet and angry at being a wagon

i feel like every post this game is ok why is x voting him

I think he could easily be a wolf

but alison weirds me out more - like how she thought these games were comparible or her general actions in thread. her catch up also seemed a bit out of order
do you think that gavial/alison are W/W?
i think it's w/v
so.... you think gavial is v then?

i don't understand

you plopped a vote on alison early and have been justifying it ever since, and it seems to me like youve been nodding along with the points against gavial and agreeing hes a wolf, but now you think alison is a wolf and gavial is v

i'm actually bewildered and feel like you're gavial's teammate hoping to push alison through instead
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i don’t think alison would see shielding gavial as a good play even if he’s a wolf PR because it obviously wouldn’t work

but i agree that’s probably the only scenario where her approach makes at least a bit of sense as w/w

if gavial is a goon i think alison is probably just a villager
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Gavial wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:54 pm
nutella wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:42 pm

Is it
The tiptoeing?
The vacuousness?

I’m not a PR I’m VT. Feel free to vote me.
It’s better then outing an actual PR.
picard facepalm x9000
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

I’d suggest the JK to save their shot for tonight and use it Night 2.
And Allow Vigilante and Tracker to use their actions tonight.
Probably at least 1 scum on my wagon so probably Shoot/Track within there. (Or Track out of there to fuck with scum, I enjoy doing that myself!)
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Hally wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:55 pm i don’t think alison would see shielding gavial as a good play even if he’s a wolf PR because it obviously wouldn’t work

but i agree that’s probably the only scenario where her approach makes at least a bit of sense as w/w

if gavial is a goon i think alison is probably just a villager
Well I’m VT, what does that tell yeah?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

gavial, what are your reads? how much have you read?
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Hally wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:57 pm gavial, what are your reads? how much have you read?
Barley anything.
My read is Dizzy is shielding me way more then Alison is.
Then again I haven’t really seen any of Alison’s posts so lol.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

dyachei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:53 pm
Alison wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:50 pm
Why can't it be V/V?
no, i'm going to treat him as a wolf because his iso in that other game is a lot villagerier than this game and it's not just about whether he posts or not?

i feel like dya's narrative doesn't make sense at all

they're trying to find reasons to call alison wolf over gavial while never denying that gavial is a wolf except in the explicit w/v post which doesn't fit with the rest of their posts
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Dizzy has me as lock Town and pulling the sheeping card which I don’t directly mind it but it gives me the Sean!Scum flashbacks.
Although Sean was relatively SLing me at first and then randomly went into a lock town read so I guess that’s different a bit.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Gavial wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:58 pm
Hally wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:57 pm gavial, what are your reads? how much have you read?
Barley anything.
My read is Dizzy is shielding me way more then Alison is.
Then again I haven’t really seen any of Alison’s posts so lol.
then how do you know alison is shielding you less than dizzy? :ponder:

Return to “Previous Rackets”