Cindy Kate & Percy Date Night Mafia <3 [ENDGAME]

Guillotine
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 694
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: King of Bastard Games

Re: Cindy Kate & Percy Date Night Mafia <3 [DAY 2]

Post by Guillotine »

Belzy wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:58 pm If I drop dead, Tang is confirmed town. Otherwise, she will drop dead instead and flip as scum, and I will be confirmed town. Stay tuned.
Comeback! Explain! You don't get to vanish for a full day and then come back with just this and go again.
Spoiler: show
Awards

Played
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 685
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I looked back at my reasons for giving Sonny a firm town read based on nutella interactions, and I care less about them today than I did yesterday. That does not equate to suspicion. I'm just less willing to argue in his favor now than I was before.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 35
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Something has happened!

The thread is locked momentarily.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 35
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Blood is also red
Spilling out of you

@Belzy has died!
She was a Town 1-Shot Desperado

The day continues. Please do not vote for Belzy. Any vote for Belzy in the poll at the end of the day will be considered an unvote.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Beesparado

Tangy confirmed town now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Belzy wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:58 pm If I drop dead, Tang is confirmed town. Otherwise, she will drop dead instead and flip as scum, and I will be confirmed town. Stay tuned.
Marmot wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 1:16 pm Roses are red
Violets are blue
Blood is also red
Spilling out of you

@Belzy has died!
She was a Town 1-Shot Desperado

The day continues. Please do not vote for Belzy. Any vote for Belzy in the poll at the end of the day will be considered an unvote.
"Desperado" is a vigilante role that dies if it targets a civilian, to those who've not seen it before. Belzy told us she was targeting Tangy. Belzy died. Tangy is mechanically confirmed as not mafia.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

OMG why Tangy though? Tangy is obvious town!!
Why not Owner or Hawk or Act? Geezus Christ!
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 531
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

Well, that was unfortunate. I guess the good news is that I'm less likely to die in the night now since Mafia has bigger tangys to fry.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 531
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

Guillotine wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 1:23 pm OMG why Tangy though? Tangy is obvious town!!
Agreed.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 352
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Still think its best to kill hawk tbh
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 1646
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Well that’s unfortunate.

Clears up Belzy though. Onward.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

We have two people basically chewing their own arms off with excitement about voting two different players and eating the thread in the process.

I’m mildly annoyed.

They may both be right.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage

Kinda wish the shot hadn't been wasted on the second most obvious town in the game but

Mafc gonna mafc
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Oh well. Thanks for playing with us @Belzy you’re neat!

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Cindy Kate & Percy Date Night Mafia <3 [DAY 1]

Post by Sloonei »

Trying to articulate some of my Day 1 concerns about Hawk. My initial alertness to her was prompted by this post for early-Day 1 reasons that aren't worth digging into right now. My more substantial concerns started later, after we started interacting a bit more. But I don't know hawk, so I can't be too confident that this particular line of suspicion carries much weight.

In general, I felt like Hawk's posts were lacking in a clear direction. There were reads and thoughts which were expressed well enough, but they seemed a little bit rough and uneven, if that makes sense. Like she was jumping from one idea to the next without a clear progression from one thing to another. A few examples:
hawkataine wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 7:01 am Okay let's try for some reads then

Guillo: can't tell if it's the game size that's drowning him out but sensing far less thread presence than that one time he was town on PerC and dominated the thread (not in post count just in, like, weight of opinion xD). Would appreciate some syndicate weigh-ins on this point because maybe it's just a more active site and he was like this in spiderverse or whatever?

Alison: seems to be calling confident reads very early and I can't tell how serious it is and it's very strange (this is a null read I'm just confused)

Sonny: frustration at not being able to use the forum seems like he does want to solve and is a little overwhelmed

Belzy: quite liked her Alison read in her entrance in 864 - less on a mindmeld basis but more on a 'seems like what town!Belzy would think' basis. Very gamefaced and little fluff but I don't remember what that means in Belzy terms whoops. Also liked her follow-up and stuff.

LoMo: fairly happy with his play so far, provided he keeps it up
hawk "tries for some reads" and pulls out five players that do not strike me as the five most obvious candidates to be receiving reads in such an exclusive list as this. 4 of the 5 are MafCafe residents, so I will grant that familiarity is likely to be a factor here. But this post almost feels arbitrary, as if Hawk was conscious of a need to provide evidence of reads being formed and so she just burped up this list of five unrelated names. But maybe this is just a product of hawk's solving process.

hawkataine wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:33 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:29 pm
hawkataine wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:26 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:13 pm At this point I could see myself voting for hawk, alison, mac, and maybe guillotine.
that sure is a list
you planning to interact with me or nah?
Do you object or agree with any of the non-you names in my player salad?
I've been going back and forth on mac, by which I mean I liked one post that happened before I'd read enough to get a grasp on the roster and then forgot what it was, and then everyone talked about how confusing he was to read for a bit and I lost confidence
Do you think you can read him well?

Alison I have as slight town tbh because it just really seems like she believes what she's saying and the daykill claim is a very strange D1 scum play imo

guillo is probably reasonable to have there even if I disagree, I haven't really decided if I'm concerned by him or not yet. Have you played with him on syndicate before?
hawkataine wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:48 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:39 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:13 pm At this point I could see myself voting for hawk, alison, mac, and maybe guillotine.
that sure is a list
I've been going back and forth on mac, by which I mean I liked one post that happened before I'd read enough to get a grasp on the roster and then forgot what it was, and then everyone talked about how confusing he was to read for a bit and I lost confidence

Alison I have as slight town tbh because it just really seems like she believes what she's saying and the daykill claim is a very strange D1 scum play imo

guillo is probably reasonable to have there even if I disagree, I haven't really decided if I'm concerned by him or not yet. Have you played with him on syndicate before?
I have played with mac for about 10 years now, but he’s not a player I read exceptionally well. I think I can get a feel for him once the game has progressed some. Here, I have felt like he was knocked off balance right out of the gate and is having a hard time getting back on track. Some of his recent posts have looked like they were made by an alien in a Mac suit.

Your initial response to my reads suggested that you took issue with the list itself, but that does not seem to be the case from this response. What is your objection to my reads, if you have one?
Interesting r.e. mac, ty

By "that sure is a list" I was kinda just commenting on the naked list-ness of it because I haven't really noticed much explanation or build-up to it (especially not r.e. me lol) from you and I do loosely have a town read on alison at least
I haven't been taking your vote on me particularly seriously because I assumed you were reaction fishing or something, given you asked people to ask about it and then when sonny asked about it you were like nah trade secrets m8
So I guess I find it just a bit of a strange/inconsequential list given all the above
I was mainly just saying something to make you actually talk to me lol
This exchange came after I'd prodded hawk with a vote and vague suspicion. Quick point independent from the rest of my argument in this post: the way Hawk handles Guillo in her response to me and her reads list in the first post I cited are compatible with a hypothetical wolf trying to leave the door open on a potential mischop candidate.

But on my larger point, Hawk's initial response to my Player Salad was suggestive of skepticism or dissatisfaction with my treatment of her to that point (a little bit of snark directed at my list of names, and a verbal eyeroll about my lack of engagement). I would expect a player with these feelings to want to take her turn interrogating me a little bit. Hawk has shown us in posts like this and this that she's not afraid to pursue answers her own answers to her own questions. But when I initiated an interaction, Hawk's response was the bare minimum, only answering exactly what I asked of her and not seeking to interject her own influence into the conversation. She gave me a couple generic prompts about the players I had expressed reads on, but I read that as a somewhat lethargic continuation of the prompt I had offered, and not her own thing.

The second response again feels like Hawk is doing nothing more than answering my questions exactly as they were asked with no additional progression. I particularly do not love her comments about her responses to my pressure. "I haven't been taking your vote on me particularly seriously" does not fully align with her apparent displeasure with my vote at the beginning of this exchange. She seemed bothered by it then. That doesn't mean she was necessarily "taking it seriously", but it reads as at least a little disingenuous for her to suggest here that the vote meant little or nothing to her, when she had previously made comments which suggested otherwise.

"I was mainly just saying something to make you actually talk to me lol" gets at the heart of my issue here: Hawk's words suggest she's looking for a meaningful exchange with me, which suggests that she's hoping to develop some sort of a read on me in this moment. And yet the direction of her posts suggests she is making no effort to read me. I did not feel like hawk was developing any ideas about me. I simply felt like she was checking off boxes in response to my questions.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Guillotine wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 1:23 pm OMG why Tangy though? Tangy is obvious town!!
Looking on the bright side: we can eliminate any silly tinfoil paranoia about deepwolf tangy. Some of that did exist prior to now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Sloonei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 1:48 pm
Looking on the bright side: we can eliminate any silly tinfoil paranoia about deepwolf tangy. Some of that did exist prior to now.
Did it really

That's silly
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sure okay

[VOTE: hawkataine] aubergine

*Seanzie’s eyes explode from their sockets*

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re:

Post by Sloonei »

bad bunny wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 8:30 am Wolfy:
Alison
JJJ
Tangrowth
Is this a list of suspects that a mafier would produce on Day 1?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Cindy Kate & Percy Date Night Mafia <3 [DAY 1]

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 10:28 am bad bunny rejoining the game after 10 years and deciding the game's two most active hunters and its most active overall player are her three mafia reads is so bad I have to wonder if it can even be bullshit. Is this a player known for contrarianism (or undue paranoia of effortful hunters), PerC people?
2MafiaPlayers1Brain
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 432
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey everyone! I'm not sure when I'll be around consistently, but I'll poke around in weird bursts.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Tangrowth wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:01 pm Hey everyone! I'm not sure when I'll be around consistently, but I'll poke around in weird bursts.
Someone tried to kill you. :biggrin:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Tangrowth wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:01 pm Hey everyone! I'm not sure when I'll be around consistently, but I'll poke around in weird bursts.
You are now mechanically confirmed as town, so... use that to your advantage however you please, I guess.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:02 pm
Someone tried to kill you. :biggrin:
LMAOOOO
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Allcrab wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:51 am I don't think sloonei is that village tbh, they seem kinda uninvolved and aloof.
Hi allcrab let's talk about this. Does this read apply to Day 2 Sloonei or just Day 1 Sloonei?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:02 pm
You are now mechanically confirmed as town, so... use that to your advantage however you please, I guess.
Oh my god.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

QUEEN TANGY, TOWN CLEARED

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Anyone:

Without looking, tell me an Actvscenei read other than “Dana is mafia”.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I have not paid enough attention to act individually to know what reads she does or does not have.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

That was... a really something use of a shot, like this is why you don't hero shot IMO. But you know, I don't want the thread to spend time criticizing Belzy, there is still a whole scum team to find, and... I wouldn't want to tell anyone how to play. Just, something to consider for future role usage here.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Unfortunately, time is a limited resource of mine right now, but considering the urgency with which I now have to play this phase, I'll see what I can do.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Oh hey, guess I don't need to do that Belzy analysis now, huh, wowee.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I like Belzy’s solving style. Clinical, level-headed, and clear. I’m glad Belzy played in our Mafia game.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:12 pm I like Belzy’s solving style. Clinical, level-headed, and clear. I’m glad Belzy played in our Mafia game.
Me too! It's really been a pleasure to get to see different approaches and perspectives in my first game back.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Just reading back right now, I'll post more thoughts as I'm multitasking here in likely random intervals.
Gavial
Made Man
Posts in topic: 255

Post by Gavial »

Sloonei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 1:17 pm Beesparado

Tangy confirmed town now.
NICE!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Tangrowth wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:11 pm Unfortunately, time is a limited resource of mine right now, but considering the urgency with which I now have to play this phase, I'll see what I can do.
Time is always a limited resource, I left out the word "particularly".

TANGY CAN CONTROL SPACETIME ITSELF
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Tangrowth wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:17 pm
Tangrowth wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:11 pm Unfortunately, time is a limited resource of mine right now, but considering the urgency with which I now have to play this phase, I'll see what I can do.

Reset the Day 2 timer please.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:18 pm

Omg that'd be amazing, I totally would.
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:08 pm Anyone:

Without looking, tell me an Actvscenei read other than “Dana is mafia”.
"Guillo read on Nutella is weak but not of his playstyle"
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Tangrowth wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:19 pm

No point.
Sloon is just brain dead trying to save Scum!Hawk.
Rather they are misguided Town or shielding scum is beyond me though.
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Gavial wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:21 pm Sloon is just brain dead trying to save Scum!Hawk.
Comments like this are unnecessary
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Gavial wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:21 pm

No point.
Please don't make posts like this.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Also, sticking purely to gameplay, I just made a big post casing Hawk. It's on this page.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I agree, let's keep this thread fun and respectful!
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Guillotine wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:22 pm
Gavial wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:21 pm Sloon is just brain dead trying to save Scum!Hawk.
Comments like this are unnecessary
My bad.
I tend to get annoyed and start saying stuff a little aggressively.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Sloonei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 1:46 pm Trying to articulate some of my Day 1 concerns about Hawk. My initial alertness to her was prompted by this post for early-Day 1 reasons that aren't worth digging into right now. My more substantial concerns started later, after we started interacting a bit more. But I don't know hawk, so I can't be too confident that this particular line of suspicion carries much weight.

In general, I felt like Hawk's posts were lacking in a clear direction. There were reads and thoughts which were expressed well enough, but they seemed a little bit rough and uneven, if that makes sense. Like she was jumping from one idea to the next without a clear progression from one thing to another. A few examples:
hawkataine wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 7:01 am Okay let's try for some reads then

Guillo: can't tell if it's the game size that's drowning him out but sensing far less thread presence than that one time he was town on PerC and dominated the thread (not in post count just in, like, weight of opinion xD). Would appreciate some syndicate weigh-ins on this point because maybe it's just a more active site and he was like this in spiderverse or whatever?

Alison: seems to be calling confident reads very early and I can't tell how serious it is and it's very strange (this is a null read I'm just confused)

Sonny: frustration at not being able to use the forum seems like he does want to solve and is a little overwhelmed

Belzy: quite liked her Alison read in her entrance in 864 - less on a mindmeld basis but more on a 'seems like what town!Belzy would think' basis. Very gamefaced and little fluff but I don't remember what that means in Belzy terms whoops. Also liked her follow-up and stuff.

LoMo: fairly happy with his play so far, provided he keeps it up
hawk "tries for some reads" and pulls out five players that do not strike me as the five most obvious candidates to be receiving reads in such an exclusive list as this. 4 of the 5 are MafCafe residents, so I will grant that familiarity is likely to be a factor here. But this post almost feels arbitrary, as if Hawk was conscious of a need to provide evidence of reads being formed and so she just burped up this list of five unrelated names. But maybe this is just a product of hawk's solving process.

that sure is a list

hawkataine wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:48 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:39 pm
that sure is a list

I have played with mac for about 10 years now, but he’s not a player I read exceptionally well. I think I can get a feel for him once the game has progressed some. Here, I have felt like he was knocked off balance right out of the gate and is having a hard time getting back on track. Some of his recent posts have looked like they were made by an alien in a Mac suit.

Your initial response to my reads suggested that you took issue with the list itself, but that does not seem to be the case from this response. What is your objection to my reads, if you have one?
Interesting r.e. mac, ty

By "that sure is a list" I was kinda just commenting on the naked list-ness of it because I haven't really noticed much explanation or build-up to it (especially not r.e. me lol) from you and I do loosely have a town read on alison at least
I haven't been taking your vote on me particularly seriously because I assumed you were reaction fishing or something, given you asked people to ask about it and then when sonny asked about it you were like nah trade secrets m8
So I guess I find it just a bit of a strange/inconsequential list given all the above
I was mainly just saying something to make you actually talk to me lol
This exchange came after I'd prodded hawk with a vote and vague suspicion. Quick point independent from the rest of my argument in this post: the way Hawk handles Guillo in her response to me and her reads list in the first post I cited are compatible with a hypothetical wolf trying to leave the door open on a potential mischop candidate.

But on my larger point, Hawk's initial response to my Player Salad was suggestive of skepticism or dissatisfaction with my treatment of her to that point (a little bit of snark directed at my list of names, and a verbal eyeroll about my lack of engagement). I would expect a player with these feelings to want to take her turn interrogating me a little bit. Hawk has shown us in posts like this and this that she's not afraid to pursue answers her own answers to her own questions. But when I initiated an interaction, Hawk's response was the bare minimum, only answering exactly what I asked of her and not seeking to interject her own influence into the conversation. She gave me a couple generic prompts about the players I had expressed reads on, but I read that as a somewhat lethargic continuation of the prompt I had offered, and not her own thing.

The second response again feels like Hawk is doing nothing more than answering my questions exactly as they were asked with no additional progression. I particularly do not love her comments about her responses to my pressure. "I haven't been taking your vote on me particularly seriously" does not fully align with her apparent displeasure with my vote at the beginning of this exchange. She seemed bothered by it then. That doesn't mean she was necessarily "taking it seriously", but it reads as at least a little disingenuous for her to suggest here that the vote meant little or nothing to her, when she had previously made comments which suggested otherwise.

"I was mainly just saying something to make you actually talk to me lol" gets at the heart of my issue here: Hawk's words suggest she's looking for a meaningful exchange with me, which suggests that she's hoping to develop some sort of a read on me in this moment. And yet the direction of her posts suggests she is making no effort to read me. I did not feel like hawk was developing any ideas about me. I simply felt like she was checking off boxes in response to my questions.
Sooooo, you read them as??

Naw you're gonna be doc protected

Gavial wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:21 pm

No point.
Hey don't call people brain dead, thanks

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”