Re: Cindy Kate & Percy Date Night Mafia <3 [DAY 2]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Interactions of nutella and Garden Gnome

From nutella

Spoiler: show
nutella wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:42 pm
Garden Gnome wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:40 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:24 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:23 pm It occurs to me that my typical first date experience is often a lot like my typical Day 1 experience in Mafia -- I feel like I have to do most of the talking to keep things moving, and it usually ends with me losing.
You’ve probably just been dating a lot of wolves. Don’t let them fool you.
Is dating a lot of wolves like kissing a lot of frogs before you find your one true love?
If so, I've dated too many wolves.
They've sweet talked me.
Let me know that I was their one and only.
And then, they made me cry.
I still believe in love and I hope that, in this lovely new place, I can find my one and only.
Who is it?
is this a riddle
nutella wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:42 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:38 pm
Garden Gnome wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:19 pm Hi, I am a Gnome! I spend a lot of time in the garden so I don't go out on very many dates. I understand about feeling nervous and excited and about the need to have a healthy dose of paranoia because I too get pcoketed a lot by eager scum! They are so charming that I end up on :cloud9: and I am not even aware of all of the noisy howls :werewolf: It is very sad. I am looking for a sweet towny date and feel nervous and excited about finding romance, despite the presence of scummy scum scum!
I'm torn about this post more than I'd typically be for some early Day 1 thing.

Some part of me appreciates this pointed effort from Garden Gnome to reach across the site aisle to offer Dana encouragement, and the enthusiasm is nice. The language bears that sort of surface appearance that often gets people into trouble (e.g. scummy scum scum), sometimes rightly and often not.

Seeking opinions
Having played with Gnome before I'm not specifically concerned, her tone is just like that regardless of alignment
nutella wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 4:05 am Strong town
Jay
Sonny
Guillo
Tangy

Town leans
Gnome
Alison
Martin I guess sheeping alison
Dana
Mac
Sloonei
Hawk? Liked their style
Act maybe at this point

Gav Nook LC are more tbd
Dont remember anyone else

Going to sleep for like 12 hours gl
nutella wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 4:31 pm I thought Owner was sort of off-topic/not into the game yet in a more similar way to Gnome (which I found townier than LM's borderline approach)
nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:16 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:10 am
nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:10 am Oh I did put mac on that list huh. Must have felt stronger at the time, when i was comparing tangy's gth reads to my own mac was one of the harder ones
Please tell me about Gnome.
eh, I want more from her but her entry sounded more comfortable than not on a tonal level from what I know of her, even if she didn't really get into the game at all.

Bunch of nothing really. nutella's town read on Gnome is an outlier for the game in general (not sure most people have a clear read on Gnome either way). I don't know if I care about that much. It could be TMI, but I feel no urge to call it that.

~~~

From Garden Gnome

Garden Gnome wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:57 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:23 pm It occurs to me that my typical first date experience is often a lot like my typical Day 1 experience in Mafia -- I feel like I have to do most of the talking to keep things moving, and it usually ends with me losing.
Is dating a lot of wolves like kissing a lot of frogs before you find your one true love?
They've sweet talked me.
I still believe in love and I hope that, in this lovely new place, I can find my one and only.
Who is it?
is this a riddle
Nope. Just looking for my true love who is not a wolf!

Gnome did talk with nutella a little bit during the wifom trolling period, but I have left that out. So there's nothing here.

~~~

Conclusion

Entering this review, Garden Gnome was the game's biggest shrug for me.

Leaving this review, Garden Gnome is the game's biggest shrug for me.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 531
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

@Owner of a Lonely Heart you're here!

Did you target JJJ?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 90
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Made figured it was time to make his move. Self doubt crept over him like a cold river in abandoned gold mine boom town. "but what if I'm rejected?". He always had difficulty dealing with rejection. Almost being jected out of the thread had done nothing but increase his anxiety. But he knew that the only way love can find a way, is if you make a way for it.
Made stuck out his chest, held his head high and wrote: Are we really not ez voting Owner here?? that last minute vote swap was scummy as shit, there's no way there wasn't a save attempt here. It also would explain the rush of votes on me instead of owner who at least had votes early in the day. Can't really speak on thread discussion around him and momentum there tho. was Owner defended by anyone at the time? when I left thread I had no votes, came back and I was even with nutella. I don't think I was even talked about before that point??? Somethings not right here.
Meanwhile, Owner's votes didn't seem to move much. Were owner voters locked in at that point or did there votes get replaced by people who switched? that could be a good place to look for info on the two wagons
Pov: you reading my takes
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 90
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:26 am Interactions of nutella and Garden Gnome

From nutella

They've sweet talked me.
Who is it?
is this a riddle
nutella wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:42 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:38 pm
Garden Gnome wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:19 pm Hi, I am a Gnome! I spend a lot of time in the garden so I don't go out on very many dates. I understand about feeling nervous and excited and about the need to have a healthy dose of paranoia because I too get pcoketed a lot by eager scum! They are so charming that I end up on :cloud9: and I am not even aware of all of the noisy howls :werewolf: It is very sad. I am looking for a sweet towny date and feel nervous and excited about finding romance, despite the presence of scummy scum scum!
I'm torn about this post more than I'd typically be for some early Day 1 thing.

Some part of me appreciates this pointed effort from Garden Gnome to reach across the site aisle to offer Dana encouragement, and the enthusiasm is nice. The language bears that sort of surface appearance that often gets people into trouble (e.g. scummy scum scum), sometimes rightly and often not.

Seeking opinions
Having played with Gnome before I'm not specifically concerned, her tone is just like that regardless of alignment
nutella wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 4:05 am Strong town
Jay
Sonny
Guillo
Tangy

Town leans
Gnome
Alison
Martin I guess sheeping alison
Dana
Mac
Sloonei
Hawk? Liked their style
Act maybe at this point

Gav Nook LC are more tbd
Dont remember anyone else

Going to sleep for like 12 hours gl
nutella wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 4:31 pm I thought Owner was sort of off-topic/not into the game yet in a more similar way to Gnome (which I found townier than LM's borderline approach)
nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:16 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:10 am
nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:10 am Oh I did put mac on that list huh. Must have felt stronger at the time, when i was comparing tangy's gth reads to my own mac was one of the harder ones
Please tell me about Gnome.
eh, I want more from her but her entry sounded more comfortable than not on a tonal level from what I know of her, even if she didn't really get into the game at all.

Bunch of nothing really. nutella's town read on Gnome is an outlier for the game in general (not sure most people have a clear read on Gnome either way). I don't know if I care about that much. It could be TMI, but I feel no urge to call it that.

~~~

From Garden Gnome

Garden Gnome wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:57 pm
They've sweet talked me.
Who is it?
is this a riddle
Nope. Just looking for my true love who is not a wolf!

Gnome did talk with nutella a little bit during the wifom trolling period, but I have left that out. So there's nothing here.

~~~

Conclusion

Entering this review, Garden Gnome was the game's biggest shrug for me.

Leaving this review, Garden Gnome is the game's biggest shrug for me.
Memories flood back from a happier time: A time where Made had been lost, but found the light in JJJ's eyes (eventually...maybe in end game tbh lol).
Does anyone know if JJJ has done one of this crazy play by player anaylsis post as scum? He did this in Bread( or was it Bike?) and I wanted his head for it then
Pov: you reading my takes
Guillotine
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 694
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: King of Bastard Games

Post by Guillotine »

[VOTE: Hawk] aubergine

I got it now.
Awards

Played
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 83
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Cindy Kate & Percy Date Night Mafia <3 [DAY 1]

Post by Owner of a Lonely Heart »

Garden Gnome wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 1:29 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:49 pm
Belzy wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 6:21 am Also hi, JJJ,

What exactly do you expect from a scum!Tang having an agenda, and having a lower comfort level, so far at a Day 1?
I will preface this by saying pure meta reads don't tend to play a huge role in my views, outside perhaps with Sloonei. So I can assign some "expectations" to a mafia-aligned Tangrowth, but take the following with many grains of salt. I would hardly build a case on this basis:

~ In the past, mafia Tangrowth has had a greater tendency to play with a tone of severity -- not necessarily "hostile", but more aggressive and less accommodating.
~ In that way, there'd be inherently less appearance of comfort and more of a sense of immediate and undue urgency.

Again, I don't care much about these notions. But I wanted to answer your question.
Are you saying that Tangrowth looks happier and more confident as town? Because the "sense of immediate and undue urgency" seems to imply a level of anxiety about being scum. But whenyou say that you don't care much about meta, are you suggesting that Tangrowth could simply be trying a different play style? And, if so, how are you reading Tangrowth right now?
I think Gnome could be town. I have not really used this read before, but I think as she scum is more fluffy or lacks questions that go somewhere. Most games she will talk about irl regardless of alignment, but I think as town she has some posts that are less scummier than others if that makes sense...idk, I dislike the number of times gnome gets misyeeted as town for just being herself

---

@hawkataine hey hawk, I was trying to remember but do you just make charts as town? I'm trying to remember if you also do them as scum or not. But I also don't recall a lot of your scum games.

---
Belzy wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 3:17 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 3:09 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 3:07 am man you can't think you've solved these people in half a gameday you are not that naive
"solved" no, but I do think I can achieve an acceptable level of Day 1 comfort to orient the game toward dead mafia on the basis of reads like that. I am often wrong about at least someone though, so it's worth asking
You and Tang are dominating the thread, at least when it comes to post count.

It took me forever to catch up. And by doing so, I have noticed that:

Tang: post count leader, has got a high potential of busy bee-ing. I see a lack of actual reads and game solving. Rather agrees with someone when someone is being called town by another than question others himself much or frequently.

JJJ: you are the second post count leader. You got at least some involvement, which is a better look. You give a lot of easy townreads however, including on Tang, and I would appreciate you delibating that read because I don't see it.

Alison: is not even in the top 5 post count (but 6th), but feels most 'presense'. Gives a lot of reads, and sometimes also create overview by saying what the thread its general reads are. Very helpful, and I like Alison's early point on Tang.
I agree with you on on Alison's presence. It looks like we differ a little bit on Tangy though. I scum read her more on a feeling, while you called her out more on lack of reads and game solving.

---

I just found out that Allcrab is Fable...I didn't know that until this moment.

@Allcrab

Also, why are you in some peoples' POE? I'm asking for a friend.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1172

Post by MacDougall »

for a second i had some thought that gavial and guillo might be wolf teammates but then i realised that is such a beautiful possibility i don't even want to interrupt it
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

What does Mac bussing look like? Also, Mac looks town af on page 30 based on Nutella shit. Also, what does Mac look like when bussing?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Seanzie wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:29 am @Owner of a Lonely Heart you're here!

Did you target JJJ?
@Owner of a Lonely Heart can you answer this before you leave please?

Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

MacDougall wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:44 am for a second i had some thought that gavial and guillo might be wolf teammates but then i realised that is such a beautiful possibility i don't even want to interrupt it
Dude, you already know I'm not scum.

Do you still remember what I would do if I was scum and you were town? The very first thing I would do?
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Seanzie wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:45 am What does Mac bussing look like? Also, Mac looks town af on page 30 based on Nutella shit. Also, what does Mac look like when bussing?
I'll tell you this. He busses, but he'd never buss Nutella.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Guillotine wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:52 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:44 am for a second i had some thought that gavial and guillo might be wolf teammates but then i realised that is such a beautiful possibility i don't even want to interrupt it

Do you still remember what I would do if I was scum and you were town? The very first thing I would do?
Make sweet love to a photo of me
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Guillotine wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:53 am
Seanzie wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:45 am What does Mac bussing look like? Also, Mac looks town af on page 30 based on Nutella shit. Also, what does Mac look like when bussing?
ehhhhh
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

it's a pretty weird question, when I bus it looks the same as when i am town and i suspect someone, because I am the mafia god
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

MacDougall wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:55 am
Guillotine wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:52 am

Make sweet love to a photo of me
Yuck
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

MacDougall wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:57 am
it's a pretty weird question, when I bus it looks the same as when i am town and i suspect someone, because I am the mafia god
Thanks for your input. Also, for everyone else:

What does Mac bussing look like? Also, Mac looks town af on page 30 based on Nutella shit. Also, what does Mac look like when bussing?

Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

ehhhhh
eeeeh what?
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Guillotine wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:00 am
ehhhhh
eeeeh what?
I think bussing nutella is in my range lol
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

Did you target JJJ?
I sent a fruit. It doesn't do much. The person I sent it to hasn't brought it up yet.
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

MacDougall wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:01 am
Guillotine wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:00 am
ehhhhh
eeeeh what?
I think bussing nutella is in my range lol
Meta updated! Thanks!
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 1646
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I don’t think there’s a catch-all answer for that. A Mac bus looks however Mac thinks it should on a case by case basis.

If you think he looks town af, I suggest just going with that. I’m not worried about Mac at all.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

I guess if it was a more important role I would be worried if it didn't go through, but if they didn't get it, it wasn't super important. It would just make the claim more believable.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:02 am

Did you target JJJ?
I sent a fruit. It doesn't do much. The person I sent it to hasn't brought it up yet.
You sent a fruit to JJJ?

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Seanzie wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:14 am

Did you target JJJ?
You sent a fruit to JJJ?
@JaggedJimmyJay did you recieve a fruit?

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

[VOTE: owner] aubergine

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Seanzie wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:16 am @JaggedJimmyJay did you recieve a fruit?
No. I only received a date night with Gavial. Apparently that wasn't something Gavial targeted me with though, so maybe fruit = date. It'd be a pun. :shrug2:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

@Owner of a Lonely Heart whom did you target with your fruit of love?

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 685
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I don’t think we’re going to solve this game through mechanics right now.
I don’t think we need mechanics to solve the game right now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Sloonei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:42 am I don’t think we’re going to solve this game through mechanics right now.
I don't think you should be voting anyone other than owner right now.

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Seanzie wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:44 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:42 am I don’t think we’re going to solve this game through mechanics right now.
Oh, you already are. Carry on.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 685
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Seanzie wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:45 am
Who are owner’s teammates?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

23 alive

most sensible mafia number would be 5, with 1 dead

I'll say 2 independents just because it seems prudent

17:4:1:1 -- this is an estimation, don't take as gospel

Ordinary kill progression of one per night allows 6 mischops, as with yesterday. I don't believe the stopped kill changes that. Alison being poisoned could be a wrinkle, so I will drop a mischop to be safe.

5 mischops + 4 mafia = POE pool of 9. Make it 8 if you want to be even safer for a larger mafia team, or just in case of mechanical nonsense. I'll just roll with 9 for now.

Who should be in a POE pool of 9?

Actvscenei
bad bunny
Belzy
Garden Gnome
hawkataine
Kito
Long Con
Made
Owner

I just went through a literal process of elimination in the moment and ended up here. The last name I dropped was Dana.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Sloonei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:48 am
Seanzie wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:45 am
Who are owner’s teammates?
The wolves.

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

By the way if there's a poison healer out there they should heal Alison.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:50 am 23 alive

Ordinary kill progression of one per night allows 6 mischops, as with yesterday. I don't believe the stopped kill changes that. Alison being poisoned could be a wrinkle, so I will drop a mischop to be safe.

5 mischops + 4 mafia = POE pool of 9. Make it 8 if you want to be even safer for a larger mafia team, or just in case of mechanical nonsense. I'll just roll with 9 for now.

Actvscenei
bad bunny
Belzy
Garden Gnome
hawkataine
Kito
Long Con
Made
Owner

I just went through a literal process of elimination in the moment and ended up here. The last name I dropped was Dana.
1. You havent analyzed me yet.

2. Why aren't I in that pool? It is hot, and I want to be invited to the pool party.

3. What do you think about Owner being a fruit vendor who may or may not have given you a fruit that was apparently not recieved? Upset at the delivery driver?

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I'm not entirely sure how prudent it is to out yourself as a tracker on day 2 in this way but as the kids say, yolo.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Seanzie wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:58 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:50 am 23 alive

Actvscenei
bad bunny
Belzy
Garden Gnome
hawkataine
Kito
Long Con
Made
Owner

1. You havent analyzed me yet.

2. Why aren't I in that pool? It is hot, and I want to be invited to the pool party.

3. What do you think about Owner being a fruit vendor who may or may not have given you a fruit that was apparently not recieved? Upset at the delivery driver?
Wait, what? What is this "make it (paraphrased)smaller if you suspect more people(unparaphrased)" business? Who are you even? I feel like I've been catfished.

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Seanzie wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:58 am 1. You havent analyzed me yet.

1. I don't feel the need to pull out half your posts and analyze. I read you as town after our previous exchange, and that was strengthened when I looked into the work you did and found a nearly identical read on nutella/Act to my own. Yours came before mine, so that's a totally independent mind meld.

2. Because of #1

3. She didn't say she gave me a fruit, so I dunno. If she did, I didn't explicitly receive a fruit-thing. I only received news of my date with Gavial. I don't know if that would somehow be related to the fruit. I'll reserve judgment on that until Owner clarifies her target, unless you have some reason that doesn't matter. Also be aware that I trust mechanics about 8.3% in these games. Regardless of all that, Owner is a high-end suspect and could absolutely be chopped fruit or not.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sonny
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 162
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Sonny »

Did you target JJJ?
Question dodged. Noted.

Just reviewed day end votes and you never posted your Made vote in thread, why not?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Seanzie wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:00 am Wait, what? What is this "make it (paraphrased)smaller if you suspect more people(unparaphrased)" business? Who are you even? I feel like I've been catfished.
A bigger mafia team means we have fewer mischops available means a smaller POE is needed for a solve.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sonny
Stool Pigeon

Re: Cindy Kate & Percy Date Night Mafia <3 [DAY 1]

Post by Sonny »

hawkataine wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 4:09 pm niiiiiiiice

I would like to start today by apologising for generally explaining nothing at the end of yesterday, I was very overwhelmed by the thread speed and things happening irl around me xD sometimes I just vote to make things interesting and it looks bad but uh now I have sus on owner so that's something that's come out of it at least

good job everyone who stayed on nutella lol
Why did you switch to Made?

(If you've already answered, I'll get there)
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

hawkataine is probably my biggest "I read this player as town, but don't even care about my read from a POE perspective and am way open to contrary views" read.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:02 am
Seanzie wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:00 am Wait, what? What is this "make it (paraphrased)smaller if you suspect more people(unparaphrased)" business? Who are you even? I feel like I've been catfished.
A bigger mafia team means we have fewer mischops available means a smaller POE is needed for a solve.
Was your list PoE, or townclears? There is a difference, and I want to make sure I'm not misunderstanding you.

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Seanzie wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:06 am
Was your list PoE, or townclears? There is a difference, and I want to make sure I'm not misunderstanding you.
The list of names I gave in that post were the suspects I had left over after I removed all of my hard town reads first and town leans next until I only had 9 left.

They're suspects.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:07 am
Seanzie wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:06 am
The list of names I gave in that post were the suspects I had left over after I removed all of my hard town reads first and town leans next until I only had 9 left.

They're suspects.
Okay... so like... if we have a bigger mafia team, we need more people in the PoE (which is the opposite of what you said). An easy example to see this is that if we had 20 mafia (absurd, but proving), then your PoE is not sufficient. Are you drunker than I am? Because I'm pretty drunk and I feel like you're wrong here but should know more than me about this.

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Seanzie wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:11 am Okay... so like... if we have a bigger mafia team, we need more people in the PoE (which is the opposite of what you said). An easy example to see this is that if we had 20 mafia (absurd, but proving), then your PoE is not sufficient. Are you drunker than I am? Because I'm pretty drunk and I feel like you're wrong here but should know more than me about this.
To solve a game with a POE pool, you are required to have the entire mafia team contained in the pool. To determine how big that pool must be, you just follow this formula:

# of mafia alive + # of mischops available before limlo

A bigger mafia team maps to a smaller number of mischops available. Sometimes that just offsets to flat zero, but it depends on the numbers and various mechanical factors. To be safe, one would want to assume the minimal number of mischops available, which results in a smaller value produced by the formula.

A bigger team is harder to solve, and a smaller POE is harder to get right. They go hand in hand.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sonny
Stool Pigeon

Post by Sonny »

I feel like you both agree yet are saying entirely different things.

Sean: PoE larger with more scum
JJJ: Misyeet options fewer with more scum

YW
Sonny
Stool Pigeon

Post by Sonny »

Well, unless I'm not following then maybe I'm drunk too
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sonny wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:16 am Well, unless I'm not following then maybe I'm drunk too
who's maf

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

@Actvscenei you keep getting floated as hard poe and I am townreading you so please demonstrate your townie flair and do townie things like giving me all your reads

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”