Racketeer
Posts in topic: 694
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: King of Bastard Games

Re: Cindy Kate & Percy Date Night Mafia <3 [DAY 2]

Post by Guillotine »

Dana wrote:
Guillotine wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 10:06 am
hawkataine - I like her posts a good amount. im here for the tone and the casualness yet still trying to clear things up, ask questions, etc. good vibes all around, so gonna give her town

Kito - first impression is pretty good vibe and tone in posts. v slight town read
Again very vague, i need to see you are not manufacturing your reads here. What posts you identified as town indicative from them?
hawk posts I initially liked: #930 | #932 | #989
though upon review im not sure there’s quite as much there as i previously thought. I feel like maybe we have similar writing styles too which might be making me a lil bit biased.. hmm. i do also like some of her later posts too though from after my reads list, like her ISO of Nutella here which I think looks kinda good for her given nutellas flip

kito posts I initially liked: #1254 | #1268 | #1274
I feel like he’s just generally kinda chill but still portrays a lil bit of confidence in his reads. I dont feel super strongly abt him or anything but enough to think he’s alright
Ok, i like this, this is what ive been asking for. Why didnt you do the same for Act and Belzy?
Spoiler: show
Awards

Played
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 685
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Cindy Kate & Percy Date Night Mafia <3 [DAY 1]

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:34 pm
Tangrowth wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:32 pm Right now if I did GTH:

Actvscenei - scum
Alison - scum
Allcrab - N/A due to lack of posts
bad bunny - scum
Belzy - town
Dana - town
Garden Gnome - town
Gavial - town
Guillotine - town
hawkataine - town
JaggedJimmyJay - town
Kito - town
Long Con - town
lost monkey - scum
MacDougall - town
Made - town
MartinGG99 - scum
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME - town
nutella - town
Owner of a Lonely Heart - town
Sloonei - town
Seanzie - scum
Sonny - town
Tangrowth - the best

Well, that was interesting.
I think other than alison these pretty much all line up with where I'd land as well though some of them are very barely
Noting this post separate from the rest of my nutella ISO because it'd bog me down if I dove into all of it right now.

It is an interesting post because there are a number of reads in Tangy's list other than Alison which nutella had previously expressed the exact opposite read on (Martin, Act, Nanook, and Long Con stand out on a glance). Goofy.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 1646
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Gonna start my interactive reviews with Belzy just because that name is stuck in my brain. I won't go in alphabetical order this time and probably won't get to everyone. Priority or some sense thereof dictates the order I go.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 531
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

Actvscenei wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:24 pm
Seanzie wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:27 pm Okay, I lied, I kept reading. People from MafC still seem to keep saying "oh, that is just Actv". As of Page 18, the only posts by Actv that look like town!Actv are with regards to Dana. Her interactions with everyone else do NOT look like town!Actv. Actv knows her meta, and I think she came in deliberatly trying to fake her paranoia/weird questions thing with Dana, but hasn't kept up with it with anyone else. I don't know anything that has happened after Page 18, but a lot of MafC players are saying "that's just act" early on, and I disagree.
Do you have a more concrete reason for scum reading me (to then vote me) other than meta? I don’t buy this as a real read considering you hardly know my meta lol.

Please quote where I’ve been paranoid with Dana.

What are my weird questions? Can you quote those as well?

What specifically am I doing that you believe is scum motivated?

Our first game together, you came at me with paranoia and weird questions, and I just responded with "I like you" or something like that, because you were obv town to me. I haven't always successfully read you since, but I feel I have at least as good a grasp on your meta as the average grasp of the people who have said "oh, this is just typical Actv". Also, unless you're playing on sites other than MafC (quite possible, but somehow I'd guess you aren't), I've probably been in all, or maybe all but one of your games since you've been back from your long hiatus, so aside from pre-hiatus friends, I know your meta as good as anyone.

Dana came in with an in-flavor fluff post that you made a big stirr about early on. That looked a little like town!Actv, but imo it rang hollow (meta-replication rather than actual Actv paranoia/suspicion). I'm not going to go quote stuff right now because I still have something like 25 pages to read, which takes precedence right meow.

Not sure, I'm not fully caught up. The fact that you seem to still be pushing Dana seems pretty bad since she looks pretty towny in the first 24 pages, but maybe Dana goes way downhill in the second half of D1? Who knows? (everyone except me:P) Either way, my scumread on you isn't based on seeing an agenda, my scumread on you is based on the fact that you don't look like town!Actv, and that your interactions with Nutella look w/w. You have ZERO of your patent Actv paranoia with regard to her, and while I was reading at the beginning (like pages 3-10 or something), her early push on you just screamed w/w (I mean, I had TMI on Nutella so it was probably easier for me to see than others who read it D1), and it was like a bad movie where you can guess the ending when she backed off of you for bad reasons. It reeks of distancing.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Seanzie wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:38 pm
Seanzie wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:27 pm Okay, I lied, I kept reading. People from MafC still seem to keep saying "oh, that is just Actv". As of Page 18, the only posts by Actv that look like town!Actv are with regards to Dana. Her interactions with everyone else do NOT look like town!Actv. Actv knows her meta, and I think she came in deliberatly trying to fake her paranoia/weird questions thing with Dana, but hasn't kept up with it with anyone else. I don't know anything that has happened after Page 18, but a lot of MafC players are saying "that's just act" early on, and I disagree.
Do you have a more concrete reason for scum reading me (to then vote me) other than meta? I don’t buy this as a real read considering you hardly know my meta lol.

Our first game together, you came at me with paranoia and weird questions, and I just responded with "I like you" or something like that, because you were obv town to me. I haven't always successfully read you since, but I feel I have at least as good a grasp on your meta as the average grasp of the people who have said "oh, this is just typical Actv". Also, unless you're playing on sites other than MafC (quite possible, but somehow I'd guess you aren't), I've probably been in all, or maybe all but one of your games since you've been back from your long hiatus, so aside from pre-hiatus friends, I know your meta as good as anyone.

Dana came in with an in-flavor fluff post that you made a big stirr about early on. That looked a little like town!Actv, but imo it rang hollow (meta-replication rather than actual Actv paranoia/suspicion). I'm not going to go quote stuff right now because I still have something like 25 pages to read, which takes precedence right meow.

Not sure, I'm not fully caught up. The fact that you seem to still be pushing Dana seems pretty bad since she looks pretty towny in the first 24 pages, but maybe Dana goes way downhill in the second half of D1? Who knows? (everyone except me:P) Either way, my scumread on you isn't based on seeing an agenda, my scumread on you is based on the fact that you don't look like town!Actv, and that your interactions with Nutella look w/w. You have ZERO of your patent Actv paranoia with regard to her, and while I was reading at the beginning (like pages 3-10 or something), her early push on you just screamed w/w (I mean, I had TMI on Nutella so it was probably easier for me to see than others who read it D1), and it was like a bad movie where you can guess the ending when she backed off of you for bad reasons. It reeks of distancing.
Whoops, accidentally misspelled yellow. Fixed.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Actvscenei wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:19 pm So that couldn’t have been the motive. General curiosity? Probably, but you had the entire night phase to ask questions of the game mods. Coming into the game thread and asking that question as one of your first posts into D2 has me thinking you know what that role is, consider it pretty unique, and asked the game thread as a sort of fake derp. All that aside, the general tone and timing of it don’t sit right with me. Call it vibes. To help quell my suspicion on you, can you explain your purpose for asking that question?
Act, why anyone would the host about other people's roles. We all know those kind of questions get ignored. Dana asking in the thread for info about such role is fair in my opinion.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
Actvscenei
The Mark
Posts in topic: 303
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Actvscenei »

Guillotine wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:40 pm
Actvscenei wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:19 pm So that couldn’t have been the motive. General curiosity? Probably, but you had the entire night phase to ask questions of the game mods. Coming into the game thread and asking that question as one of your first posts into D2 has me thinking you know what that role is, consider it pretty unique, and asked the game thread as a sort of fake derp. All that aside, the general tone and timing of it don’t sit right with me. Call it vibes. To help quell my suspicion on you, can you explain your purpose for asking that question?
Act, why anyone would the host about other people's roles. We all know those kind of questions get ignored. Dana asking in the thread for info about such role is fair in my opinion.
It’s not really about whether the answer would be given, but more about the necessity to ask it. Honestly, the vibes of the question get me the most. It just doesn’t feel genuine. Idk, maybe I’m stuck in this tunnel, but I do think Dana is scum here.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1172

Post by MacDougall »

Nut interactives page 1 - Nanook is lack claire and anyone suspecting him henceforth will be hung drawn and quartered
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:57 pm
Gavial wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:55 pm Everyone quick vote AllCrab before he gets into thread!
If he’s yeeted Anyone who voted them gets free town credit tomorrow!
okay so for those of you who don't know gavial

just do the opposite of what he says, ez win
good look for gavial maybe a little bit sus for allcrab
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:58 pm why allcrab tho
this is maybe a little bit too clumsy if teammates tbh
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:42 pm
Garden Gnome wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:40 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:24 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:23 pm It occurs to me that my typical first date experience is often a lot like my typical Day 1 experience in Mafia -- I feel like I have to do most of the talking to keep things moving, and it usually ends with me losing.
You’ve probably just been dating a lot of wolves. Don’t let them fool you.
Is dating a lot of wolves like kissing a lot of frogs before you find your one true love?
If so, I've dated too many wolves.
They've sweet talked me.
Let me know that I was their one and only.
And then, they made me cry.
I still believe in love and I hope that, in this lovely new place, I can find my one and only.
Who is it?
is this a riddle
a lil awkward
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:06 pm Guillo you agree with actv re: dana? I had the opposite reaction, I thought dana's tone was more villagery and actv's game me awk vibes
I doubt actv is a wolf based on this and some earlier posts. This means little for Dana, maybe a mildly good look if anything.
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Actvscenei wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:33 pm
I don’t know how to chunk things up neatly, so I’m going to broadly speak about this post here:

You explain your read on me and it indicates you’ve read my posts in concentration (you’re familiar with my ISO) but conclude by saying you’ll read my posts over again. This language is notoriously scum in my experience. It’s pretends to be productive. Why would you spend all that time going back through my ISO after coming off a night phase when you would have had the time to do so? Up until just now, I hadn’t posted anything new. Nothing new happened. Unless you just have a fancy for reading my posts many times over, I don’t see anyone actually doing that. So in this case, that assertion reads like fake productivity to me.

Your answer about Alison is uninformative and dismissive. You may as well have not said anything there.

Your read about Guilltine is not unique and Guilltine has SO much content this game, that this response feels uninspired.

The rest are non-committal. It’s “I like them, but I don’t, but I guess they’re okay” which has been something I’ve noticed in almost all of your posts.

I don’t believe you’re scum hunting. You’re being quite productively unproductive, from what I’m seeing in your posts.
This pretty much sums up my feelings about Dana's answers to me and the readlist i questioned her for.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:09 pm
Guillotine wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:08 pm
nutella wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:06 pm Guillo you agree with actv re: dana? I had the opposite reaction, I thought dana's tone was more villagery and actv's game me awk vibes
Dana wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:18 pm hello everyone! I'm so nervous but also very excited to make lots of new friends!!
why would a wolf say that lol
again this is probably too much for a teammate defense, particularly that early and this stark, if nutella is playing like this then it makes it more likely that she's playfully distancing with teammates at this point of the game if anything
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:21 pm [VOTE: actvscenei] aubergine

got the sense she had tmi on tangy and then walked it back a little
laying this on pretty thick, the fact that it kinda went nowhere is a bit weird, it feels weirdly defensive of tangy too like she wants to portray tangy as TMI worthy to affect the thread meta or something I dunno fuck you
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

if there is a deepwolf based on nut's game start it's probably tangy
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

actv is just town tho, nut was genuinely trying to chop the perceived lhf lol nutella spew is real
Actvscenei
The Mark

Post by Actvscenei »

Okay, but I asked you where I was paranoid with Dana. You said I was, I disagree, so I’d like to know where you see that paranoia.

I don’t think I’ve made a “big stir” about anything. I questioned Dana on an early entrance post, people questioned me, I answered the questions. Can you explain how it was a “big stir?”

What is the logic on scum continuing to push a generally town read player? You bring it up as being scummy, but I’m not sure how.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 6:49 pm
Tangrowth wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 6:42 pm I think I like Mac, but I'll inevitably tunnel him at some point.
this is the way
kinda wanting to kill tangy more every time i see them interact
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 6:49 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 6:44 pm
Kito wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 6:42 pm If act has a read on gnome already she's a hot stinking liar
opportunistic
.....wat
[VOTE: kito] aubergine
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:10 pm
Guillotine wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:07 pm So Gavial townreads me for my reaction to Nutella but townreads Nutella anyway?
is there a problem with that? I think your tone/approach looks like town even if I disagree with your takes, and I think Jay expressed a similar view
guillo is nanook level clear
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:46 pm
Guillotine wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:40 pm
Actvscenei wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:38 pm
Guillotine wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:36 pm
Actvscenei wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:33 pm Wait, @Guillotine, did you answer why you suspect Nutella?
nutella wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:16 pm Guillo's perspective is wack to me but in a town indicative way
For this. She townread me followed by a discredit.
What was the discredit?
That I'm town but my perspective is wack. Feels like a gaslight, the kind of read that tells the thread that I could be town but my reads cannot be taken serious.
It's just my thoughts dude, I can think youre town while also thinking your perspective is misguided
more guillo madness
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Actvscenei wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:52 pm

Okay, but I asked you where I was paranoid with Dana. You said I was, I disagree, so I’d like to know where you see that paranoia.

I don’t think I’ve made a “big stir” about anything. I questioned Dana on an early entrance post, people questioned me, I answered the questions. Can you explain how it was a “big stir?”

What is the logic on scum continuing to push a generally town read player? You bring it up as being scummy, but I’m not sure how.
You can go read the first 10 pages if you want to see what I'm talking about. I don't have time to fight about it since I am way behind. Fight me later, k?

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:49 pm
hawkataine wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:47 pm Okay anyway yes hi all I am v excited to be here which is dampened only slightly by how much y'all post lmao

Act and gnome are weird as players, can confirm, haven't really seen any suspicion on them yet that hasn't seemed like a reaction to their standard posting style

Idk if anyone was playing on MU when it first launched in like 2015-16 ish but possibly paths have crossed????? idk I very vaguely recognise some names and it's very offputting xD
I don't believe we've met but I'm enjoying your posting so far
lol ok
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Interactions of nutella and Belzy

From nutella

nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:05 am Meh talk to me about belzy i dont have a good handle there
nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 3:27 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 3:25 pm
nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 3:24 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 3:21 pm @nutella there's a very good chance your dead. Legacy?
made sloonei lm are scum reads
strongest town reads?
Guillo, sonny, belzy, Dana, maybe alison and tangy but with reservations
nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 3:42 pm Town
Guillo
Sonny
Belzy
Dana
Tangy
Kito

Slight town/reservations
Jay
Alison
LC
Martin
Hawk
Gav

Mixed feelings or little impression
Allcrab
Gnome
Actv
Sean
Owner
Mac

Scum lean
Nanook
Made
Lost monkey
Sloonei
Bunny

Well that was brief. nutella didn't mention or acknowledge Belzy until the third page of her ISO with a non-read. Then toward day's end her "legacies" featured Belzy among her strongest town reads.

There's plenty of wifom in that. I'm at least logging it as weird.

~~~

From Belzy

Belzy wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 4:44 am
Gavial wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:06 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:03 am
Sonny wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:03 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:00 am @Sonny vote nutella
Lol, sure

[VOTE: Nutella] aubergine

I actually have a meh read on them anyway, only note is the insta town read on Kito which must have been a joke but yall are dropping so many sincere townreads over air so who the hell knows anymore.
Nutella in dissaray
Honestly though I’ll vote Nutella on one condition.
If they flip Town we vote either Actv or JJJ tomorrow.

As there is one wolf within there for sure.
You down to agree to my terms?
Do you even scumread Nutella? And why are you so sure about scum being within JJJ, Actv and Nutella?

(okay, such a shame; my previous post had my words in Gavial's quote; please respond to this one)
Belzy wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 4:51 am
Gavial wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:13 am @Dana
Save Owner, Vote Nut.

Nut can actually give us allot to go off of here regardless of alignment after flip.
Owner can really do as much with it.
So you wanna flip Nutella for information?

Who would you consider being scum so far? Ignoring the probability of that person being lynched day 1, and the information stuff.
Belzy wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 6:43 am
Dana wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 5:16 am here's some preliminary day 1 "reads" (not sure how read-y they will be bc I feel like I never have super strong feelings.. im sure some of you might not particularly appreciate that but its just how it be sometimes early on, im sorry)

[SNIP]
I really like your read list. It isn't empty, not even half empty. You give actual reads, and I have a suspicion on all of Gavial, Guillo and Tang, so I appreciate reading you have also on the first two, and show some second guessing on Tang as well. Owner and nutella you got as supisicious and confusing respectively, and I am still listening and reading about what people have to say about them. And of course, the are still a lot of people who need to post more, who are in your null list. I would rather place Seanzie in that list, who you got as slight town, while as far as I know he simply entered the thread, but has pretty much not done anything [AI] yet.
Belzy wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 6:50 am
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:14 pm First date icebreaker question for everyone: what’s your favorite trip you’ve ever been on?
Norway, Oslo. It was for a few days, and I arrived at a small airport in a small town nearby Oslo, in the woods, taking a train trip to the centre of Oslo. I went back home through the bigger airport in Oslo, and I got to meet Dyslexicon with whom I stayed with.
nutella wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:16 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:14 pm First date icebreaker question for everyone: what’s your favorite trip you’ve ever been on?
tie between Taiwan and Japan
Those two countries are definitly on my bucket list.
Belzy wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 7:24 am
nutella wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:31 pm
Alison wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:30 pm Sloonei/JJJ/Dana are town.

Tangrowth is a maybe but I'm leaning town there.

nutella remains to be seen but will self-resolve.
Tangy's just town, sloonei is more of a question mark for me but thats also just a meme at this point isnt it
Why exactly was Tang just town, and how is your read on him now?
nutella wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:16 pm Guillo's perspective is wack to me but in a town indicative way
Do you still feel this way about Guillo (being wack and townly), or how do you read him since?
nutella wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:21 pm [VOTE: actvscenei] aubergine

got the sense she had tmi on tangy and then walked it back a little
I did not see any TMI, and how was it different from your 'Tangy's just town' post?
Belzy wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 7:30 am
nutella wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:34 pm
Tangrowth wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:32 pm Right now if I did GTH:

[READS LIST SNIPPED]
I think other than alison these pretty much all line up with where I'd land as well though some of them are very barely
Is it common on Syndicate to just agree with a read list, without any explanations or further thoughts (in the read list, and as well for the most part in the response)? To clarify: I tend to give more thoughts or ask questions, because anyone could just place the words town and scum next to a name, and just blend in, without having to show your actual thought process behind them (which are the most AI thing, in general).
nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 3:16 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 3:11 am Feedback requested:

Is lost monkey's read on Owner TMI
maybe
Maybe? Why maybe?
Belzy wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 7:32 am
Alison wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 5:41 am As of mid page 31 I strongly believe nutella and Owner are wolf buddies.
So far I have been more intrueged fishing in a pile of Nutella, Tang, Guillo, and Gavial (in random order).

I am on board with Nutella having scum potential.
Belzy wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 8:19 am
bad bunny wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 8:03 am
Alison wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:13 am POE: Allcrab, bad bunny, Kito, lost monkey, nutella, Owner
so mostly the percy people randed scum lmao
I have a list with also some Syndicate players:

Tang
Bunny
Actv
Guillo
Gavial
Nutella

Are suspicous to me. In random order!

Belzy's interest in figuring out nutella seems to track generally with the motion of the game (and for someone that doesn't know nutella that's not necessarily a problem). All of these posts come within a window of 11 to 7 hours prior to the Day 1 deadline. This is essentially when the nutella wagon had swelled to size, I believe initially peaking at a 7-2 or 8-2 lead. So it makes some contextual sense for Belzy to look into her.

I would say that Belzy's digging is a bit flat. The questions she hurls nutella's way (orange) are relatively token surface-level digs. On that front I don't struggle to believe that this could be distancing. That Belzy arrived at a final suspicion of nutella, but within these broad "randomly ordered" sets of names, doesn't amount to a push of much severity.

Also note that Belzy's final vote of Day 1 rested alone on Guillotine.

~~~

Conclusion

While there isn't a ton to discuss here, I do think these two can be teammates. This isn't an interaction that sets off screaming sirens, but nor is it one that inspires any confidence in me. That off-wagon Guilltone vote stands out to me too. Belzy is a suspect.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Actvscenei
The Mark

Post by Actvscenei »

Seanzie wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:57 pm

You can go read the first 10 pages if you want to see what I'm talking about. I don't have time to fight about it since I am way behind. Fight me later, k?
I know my posts lol, and I disagree with what you’re saying. Your read on me doesn’t feel real, and I’m asking you to defend it. So far, you haven’t been able to.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

My CTRL+F methods for analysis will lead to me posting this wifom post-poll reads list in every review, so I am just not going to. It's redundant and also care must be taken before decided to care about any of this anyway. I'll post it here on its own as a general reference.

nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 3:42 pm Town
Guillo
Sonny
Belzy
Dana
Tangy
Kito

Slight town/reservations
Jay
Alison
LC
Martin
Hawk
Gav

Mixed feelings or little impression
Allcrab
Gnome
Actv
Sean
Owner
Mac

Scum lean
Nanook
Made
Lost monkey
Sloonei
Bunny

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 4:05 am Strong town
Jay
Sonny
Guillo
Tangy

Town leans
Gnome
Alison
Martin I guess sheeping alison
Dana
Mac
Sloonei
Hawk? Liked their style
Act maybe at this point

Gav Nook LC are more tbd
Dont remember anyone else

Going to sleep for like 12 hours gl
There is 1 wolf between Jay, Sonny and Tangy. Nutella had more deep and meaningful interactions with Tangy than Jay and Sonny up to this point. She made no effort to defend Jay from me when I tried to push him nor did any kind of "Jay is just town" deflated shit so that means she probably was enjoying him getting pushed and just townreads him here to pocket him. So the mafia between them is probably Sonny.

In the leans I would say that Martin, Hawk and Act are probably not mafia because she would be too conscious of over-elaboration as a tell. There is probably 1 mafia in this list though and it is probably Garden Gnome.

There is probably one between Gavial and Long Con also.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 4:09 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 4:07 am
Jay
Sonny
Guillo
Tangy

Town leans
Gnome
Alison
Dana
Mac
Sloonei
Hawk? Liked their style
Act maybe at this point

Gav Nook LC are more tbd

I think if Jay is mafia then you are mafia
If not q then not p ez
I think Nutella was actively trying to tie Jay to herself when she was engaging me. Which makes me think she had been in anti spew since the middle of day 1.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 4:14 pm Alison what do you think about lost monkey?
Nutella spews Alison and Lost Monkey both town here.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella continues talking to people
nutella wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 3:59 am [VOTE: lost monkey] aubergine

you seem to be in neutral commentary mode, let's see some reads
Beep boop vote for lost monkey. Meh. This could very easily be a teammate prod. It could just as easily be an easy observation to direct toward a low key civilian.
Jay
Sonny
Guillo
Tangy

Town leans
Gnome
Alison
Dana
Mac
Sloonei
Hawk? Liked their style
Act maybe at this point

Gav Nook LC are more tbd

Juicy. A reads list. Sonny gets places in the "Strong Town" pile after appearing only once previously in this ISO, when nutella simply agreed with someone else's town read on them. I am inclined to say that's a good look for Sonny: sometimes mafia members will effortlessly adopt firm town reads on town players that are not suspected by anyone because there's no sense in pushing on them. I don't feel like nutella would place her teammate on such a high pedestal out of the blue like this.

Intriguing town leans: Gnome, Martin, Dana, Hawk, Act. Both Hawk and Act get slight quibbles, which is something I could see nutella attaching to a teammate. Martin also gets a caveat about sheeping Alison, but that's not as much of a concern. If Alison is town and nutella has assigned town-read status to her, she is almost forced to also assign a town-read to Martin.
Dana and Mac both came up a little bit earlier on in this ISO but with no firm conclusions. I have no immediate concerns about them here. I would not be surprised if there is at least one teammate in nutella's "town leans" pile.
Gavial, nanook, and Long Con all get suspicion hurled at them for no stated reason. Noted. I don't remember any notable mentions of or interactions with LC prior to this.
nutella wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 4:08 pm
Alison wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 4:03 pm I think Act's posting has improved in recent times. I'm willing to give her some space and see how she uses it.
I liked her dismissive response to you asking for a read list tbh
Noting that nutella has now substantiated a town read on Act. Coolio.
nutella wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 4:14 pm Alison what do you think about lost monkey?
Prompts Alison to talk about lost monkey. Inclined to call that a good look for our monkey friend.
nutella wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 4:25 pm
lost monkey wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 1:56 am
Tangrowth wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:58 pm
Actvscenei wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:54 pm
Disney World/Disney Cruises. And you?

Follow up, why did you choose to ask this particular question?
Hi!

To the PerC people and/or anyone else who wants to answer:

1) what do you think you bring to a game when you're town?
2) what do you hope to accomplish this game?
1. My town reads.
2. Win with town.
lost monkey wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 2:09 am
Sonny wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 2:01 am Finding someone genuine?

Unrelated, screw nested quotes. Really.
yeah lol
lost monkey wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 3:17 am
nutella wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:11 pm Not really the only reason no I just sort of generally toneread you as wolfy/found your approach disingenuous, starting with the dana read (bc again I'm a defender of hedginess and didn't see it your way). But as you've posted more it seems like that's just your style and you are poking in various places and have solvey intentions. I could move off you but don't know where
You could just unvote? There is no compulsion that a person needs to be voted. This I could move off you but don't know where stuff I don't buy it and seems fake. Leaning scum here.
lost monkey wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 3:29 am Allison like an evolved form of alana lol.
lost monkey wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 3:45 am
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:33 am
Tangrowth wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:02 pm Hello, I'm Tangy and this is my first mafia game.
:haha: Hi Tangy. This may be one of my final mafia games I play. I have been considering retirement. Not, to rain on the date though, I just feel as though I can't mod how I want to mod anymore, which is my main appeal to the game in the recent years.
Owner you should try modding games here owner. Some of the setup i have seen here are right up your alley.
lost monkey wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 2:28 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 2:20 pm
lost monkey wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 2:17 pm What do you want me to expand?
lost monkey wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 3:22 amIf I didn't play a game before this one, I would been the same way as act and you on dana.
It'd be super to know what made you feel this way, and what playing a game before this one did to change your perspective.
The playstyles are mainly the reason if I have to say. Certain things which you guys see as townie are not seen as townie thing over there. Now lets take act what you guys saw stilted and acting scummie from act we consider as something normal from her. This is her playstyle this is how she plays regardless of alignment. Similarly to what you felt with gnome. I felt the same way when I saw syn, mac play. Dana coming in and saying i am nervous and stuff if i didnt see others play last game even i would have felt it was scummie.
Like my impression is most of LM's posts are comments on things that don't actually have bearing on the game itself, there's a couple like the discussion of act's style that could come close to giving a read but avoid actually doing so. There's a hint of a scumread on me, and some interaction with Jay and that's it. I feel like they're hesitant to actually get into the meat of the game.
Okay. By far the most substantial post in the first 24 hours of the game from nutella is a mini-case against lost monkey. That is a good look. This feels much more like "I have identified my Day 1 target and will begin pushing them here" rather than "I better start shading my partner."
nutella wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 4:31 pm I thought Owner was sort of off-topic/not into the game yet in a more similar way to Gnome (which I found townier than LM's borderline approach)
By contrast, here's a not-good look for Owner. And maybe a good look for Gnome? Owner starts to receive some heat, and nutella comes to her defense promptly, and cites another player (Gnome) whose style Owner is reminiscent of. It's possible that Gnome is town and nutella chose this particular association (Owner -> Gnome) so that the towny goodness of Gnome could be transmitted to Owner in turn. The unprompted dig at lost monkey is also another good look for them, and gives this post an air of slight anxiety: nutella wants attention on monkey and off of Owner.
nutella wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:55 pm ......kito? wat why
This is in response to Guillo placing Kito in their list of Top 3 town reads. It's an easy question to ask. It might be easier if Kito really is town. But it's still easy even if Kito is nutella's partner. Meh.
nutella wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 9:30 pm
Sonny wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 9:19 pm Funny thing, when I woke up one of my first thoughts was I bet LoMo would be leading the votes and lol, here it is, should be fun to catch up. 2 is meh, but it tickles me that I saw that one coming.
do you have a read there?
Unless lost monkey specifically requested to be bussed Day 1, this is too aggressive to be distancing. I don't think that is likely.
nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:05 am Meh talk to me about belzy i dont have a good handle there
After several posts going back and forth with Guillo (town), nutella asks for some talk about Belzy. This is Belzy's first appearance in nutella's ISO. Neat.
nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:44 am
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:33 am @Alison So my comment about nutella's first post feels similar to the interesting tell. "Upgaymers" feels like a filler word. In a previous game on here I picked out Sloonei saying "spicy", which apparently people on here and MU both use. I'm trying to keep an open mind that it could very well be a community clash. But at the same time, it feels like it is something that wouldn't necessarily be said. I don't know if it could be too scummy to be scum or if the context of it is just this site players that commonly use words I'm not use to, which typing them feels of note, as it is uncommon for me to see it in game. But for me, it feels off. It's not directly aligned with a specific tell though.
wait this is the funniest thing ive ever seen
Does this read from Owner exist if they are partners? It was a bit goofy from the beginning. I don't know Owner well enough to say whether or not she would produce this read on her teammate. Nutella's response is nothing.
nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:16 am
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:06 am
Tangrowth wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:54 pm How does one catch Alison as scum anyway? This is not a rhetorical question.
I don't know. I think you need to explain her playstyle or look for patterns in her playstyle over time.
Huh

Why does this post exist
Why does this post exist?
nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:18 am
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:16 am
Alison wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:12 am
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:45 am not sure, how I feel about all the lomo votes...hmm...I'm not caught up. But it seems like I keep seeing PerC wagons as if we are unwelcomed on someone's home turf...adk
I really hate this AtE.

[VOTE: Owner] aubergine
It's not AtE. It's I see 4 votes on lomo that look steady or have been there for a period of time. Generally like 4 or 5 votes on someone is like there is probably scum in that wagon. Or it could mean like a cop check or something, but generally day 1 a wagon that size and potentially unmoving is kind of meh for me.

So from that point of view, I think he might be town, but I have yet to read his posts, so I don't know yet.
lalala dadv isnt real it cant hurt me
Owner objects to the monkey wagon, and nutella playfully shoots her objection down. Meh. I can go either way on this.
nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:23 am
Alison wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:20 am
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:16 am
Alison wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:12 am
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:45 am not sure, how I feel about all the lomo votes...hmm...I'm not caught up. But it seems like I keep seeing PerC wagons as if we are unwelcomed on someone's home turf...adk
I really hate this AtE.

[VOTE: Owner] aubergine
It's not AtE. It's I see 4 votes on lomo that look steady or have been there for a period of time. Generally like 4 or 5 votes on someone is like there is probably scum in that wagon. Or it could mean like a cop check or something, but generally day 1 a wagon that size and potentially unmoving is kind of meh for me.

So from that point of view, I think he might be town, but I have yet to read his posts, so I don't know yet.
"PerC players are being wagoned by unwelcoming Syndicate players" -> "This specific wagon on a PerC player is probably scum-driven because of its static nature" doesn't connect. If you don't like the LoMo wagon because there's no resistance, say so. Framing it as a PerC vs Syndicate thing reads as fishing for an appeal to emotion, and doesn't really make sense if your primary concern was the size and fluidity of the wagon. It does make sense if you have TMI on LoMo so I'm very happy to vote you.
mmmm spicy
At the very least, nutella is no longer uncomfortable with people talking about Owner. I still don't know if anything here suggests that they are not compatible though.
The way nutella is handling Alison looks very good for her.
nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:40 am Like mafia mac or nook could be pushing me because I'm not literally the top poster and they think they can look good for not just admitting I'm obv town already
nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:40 am But I'm not afraid of mac staying on me for more than like five minutes regardless of his alignment
I think nanook is just town here. I am more iffy on Mac, but this second post feels like it's meant to be a playful taunt to disarm Mac slightly. That would be a good indicator for him.
nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:43 am
Alison wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:37 am I feel like town nutella would be fiercer and less deflective here.

I'm torn about whether to vote Owner or nutella.
The people voting for me are mac, nanook, and guillo

I'm not concerned lol
I have deemed this response to be Fake. Nutella is concerned. She is concerned because all three of these people are town and their votes are Legit.
nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:49 am
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:44 am
Hi!

[VOTE: Tangy] aubergine Same reasons as voting for Sloonei...it's a tell. This questionnaire feels more agenda based than Sloonei's did. It feels like you are really looking to see where everyone is at. It's like you are specifically fishing for something. There is a motive behind this.

It kind of looks like you are trying to be on good graces, but to me it feels like you are searching for reasons to keep or not keep someone in the game. It is troublesome.
hmm

going for the big fish here eh
Not feisty enough.
nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:55 am
Sonny wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:47 am
nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:43 am
Alison wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:37 am I feel like town nutella would be fiercer and less deflective here.

I'm torn about whether to vote Owner or nutella.
The people voting for me are mac, nanook, and guillo

I'm not concerned lol
Why do the people voting you matter here?
for mac see my last post, for nanook and guillo basically I always expect us to suspect each other
It's always town in sonnydelphia.
nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:07 am
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:01 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:56 am
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:54 am
Sonny wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:41 am Oooh, Nook isn't self voting anymore.

Owner, please just catch up. All this talk about not being caught up is shady.

I'm like not caught up most games. I don't get why people keep calling it that way when it happens like every game. It's like no one remembers this...though we haven't really played together lately so I guess that's it.

smh
got anything to say about nutellagate?
What's a nutellagate? Is is a gate made of nutella? I feel that's too on the nose to be it. They are there. I don't recall their playstyle. I feel like I should know more about their music tastes from all the walrus' we've been in together.

They are an elephant in this room, but I don't feel like they are the loudest or most memorable one here.
[VOTE: owner] aubergine

say something game related or die
Owner's response to the prompt for a comment about nutella looks super uncomfortable. Nutella responds by prodding her to say something more substantive. That could easily be A Teammate prodding Another to lean into the distancing act, rather than avoiding it. In fact, I might be inclined to say that it is. If Owner is town, she is at least passively resisting the wagon on nutella. Why does Mafia Nutella respond to that by calling Town Owner out like this?
nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:10 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:03 am I'm not sure I've seen this version of nutella before, with this sort of flippant reception of suspicion/votes. Wack. I'm just gonna stare at these a while and let my brain sort:
Jay
Sonny
Guillo
Tangy

Town leans
Gnome
Alison
Dana
Mac
Sloonei
Hawk? Liked their style
Act maybe at this point

Gav Nook LC are more tbd

Oh I did put mac on that list huh. Must have felt stronger at the time, when i was comparing tangy's gth reads to my own mac was one of the harder ones
Both Jay and Mac are town here. Jay read super 100% confident, though I was already there before. But since this is easy to substantiate, I'll articulate it here in case anyone is still on the fence and somehow reading all of this: nutella is very much caught off guard by Jay digging this list up and waving it in front of her to highlight the contradictory nature of her handling of Mac at the present compared to a few hours earlier. Jay has caught nutella in an inconsistency. Nutella is flustered. They are never teammates in this exchange.
nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:16 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:10 am
nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:10 am Oh I did put mac on that list huh. Must have felt stronger at the time, when i was comparing tangy's gth reads to my own mac was one of the harder ones
Please tell me about Gnome.
eh, I want more from her but her entry sounded more comfortable than not on a tonal level from what I know of her, even if she didn't really get into the game at all.
I have no clear read on Gnome here, but it exists. She was specifically prompted to justify a town-read on Gnome, and I have previously felt like that town-read looked good for Gnome, as a "too town to be suspected, so let's just move on" slot.
nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:25 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:19 am
nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:17 am
Guillotine wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:12 am Not gonna lie, owner’s reads based on personality traits, anti-immigration sentiment and other non game related subjects is starting to ping me hard
Yeah I don't mind a few off topic comments but it's getting pretty excessive.
Wot
Like it's not banter she's pretending stuff is alignment indicative that is very not and it's jarring
Nutella is leaning more heavily into the Owner suspicion now, which could be a sign that they are not teammates. But the progression up to now has looked like potential distancing to me, and Owner's behavior in some of the posts nutella has criticized would be impossible not to criticize, tbh. nutella would look worse if she had produced a town-read on Owner here.
nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:27 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:22 am Owner has a unique way of looking at games, and it is typical of her to make reads on the basis of things most people would not. At face value that's fine.

What's problematic to me is that it doesn't seem to be leading somewhere yet, with the exception of some reads that I just don't think are appropriate (e.g. Tangy mafia for a questionnaire).
I thought the tangy one was actually one of the more intriguing ones, I want more from her on that
nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:31 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:27 am
nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:25 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:19 am
nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:17 am
Guillotine wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:12 am Not gonna lie, owner’s reads based on personality traits, anti-immigration sentiment and other non game related subjects is starting to ping me hard
Yeah I don't mind a few off topic comments but it's getting pretty excessive.
Wot
Like it's not banter she's pretending stuff is alignment indicative that is very not and it's jarring
Pretend they're onion soup reads

Its just her thing, and as we say

Everything is game related
Okay but she said upgaymers is a filler word so I can't take anything she says seriously
These two posts back-to-back gave me mild whiplash. "Owner's read on Tangy is intriguing, actually." 4 minutes elapse. "I can't take anything Owner says seriously."
At the very least, this is a bogus read on Owner. But we kind of already knew that.
nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 3:01 am love that like a third of the players aren't doing anything d1

i forgot LC was even in this game
nutella had previously listed LC as one of her three strongest suspects. If they are partners, I feel like she does not so easily forget Distancing Plan #1 ("call him a suspect") before initiating Distancing Plan #2 ("pretend to forget he exists"). Tentative good look for LC.
The rest of nutella's posts came in a flurry at the end of the phase when she had All The Votes, or during twilight. I'll dig into those separately if I feel like it, but for now I'm leaving this as it is.

Loose tier rankings based purely on this ISO, tiers not internally ranked:

Very Town
Jay
Guillotine
Tangy
Sonny

Largely Town
Mac
Gavial
Alison
Nanook
lost monkey
Gnome

A Little Town
Martin
Long Con
Dana

Suspect or Intriguing
Actvscenei
Owner

Not Enough To Form A Clear Read
Allcrab
bad bunny
Belzy
hawkataine
Kito
Made*
Seanzie

*Made was the counterwagon to nutella at the end of the day, and I have not reviewed her posts from that time yet.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 4:25 pm
lost monkey wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 1:56 am
Actvscenei wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:54 pm
Disney World/Disney Cruises. And you?

Follow up, why did you choose to ask this particular question?
Hi!

1. My town reads.
2. Win with town.
lost monkey wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 2:09 am
Sonny wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 2:01 am Finding someone genuine?

Unrelated, screw nested quotes. Really.
yeah lol
lost monkey wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 3:17 am
nutella wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:11 pm Not really the only reason no I just sort of generally toneread you as wolfy/found your approach disingenuous, starting with the dana read (bc again I'm a defender of hedginess and didn't see it your way). But as you've posted more it seems like that's just your style and you are poking in various places and have solvey intentions. I could move off you but don't know where
You could just unvote? There is no compulsion that a person needs to be voted. This I could move off you but don't know where stuff I don't buy it and seems fake. Leaning scum here.
lost monkey wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 3:29 am Allison like an evolved form of alana lol.
lost monkey wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 3:45 am
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:33 am
Tangrowth wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:02 pm Hello, I'm Tangy and this is my first mafia game.
:haha: Hi Tangy. This may be one of my final mafia games I play. I have been considering retirement. Not, to rain on the date though, I just feel as though I can't mod how I want to mod anymore, which is my main appeal to the game in the recent years.
Owner you should try modding games here owner. Some of the setup i have seen here are right up your alley.
lost monkey wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 2:28 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 2:20 pm
lost monkey wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 2:17 pm What do you want me to expand?
lost monkey wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 3:22 amIf I didn't play a game before this one, I would been the same way as act and you on dana.
It'd be super to know what made you feel this way, and what playing a game before this one did to change your perspective.
The playstyles are mainly the reason if I have to say. Certain things which you guys see as townie are not seen as townie thing over there. Now lets take act what you guys saw stilted and acting scummie from act we consider as something normal from her. This is her playstyle this is how she plays regardless of alignment. Similarly to what you felt with gnome. I felt the same way when I saw syn, mac play. Dana coming in and saying i am nervous and stuff if i didnt see others play last game even i would have felt it was scummie.
Like my impression is most of LM's posts are comments on things that don't actually have bearing on the game itself, there's a couple like the discussion of act's style that could come close to giving a read but avoid actually doing so. There's a hint of a scumread on me, and some interaction with Jay and that's it. I feel like they're hesitant to actually get into the meat of the game.
this game is over lol
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:55 pm ......kito? wat why
kito firming up as today's huckleberry
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:51 pm actv is just town tho, nut was genuinely trying to chop the perceived lhf lol nutella spew is real
all of nutella's act suspicion was very early on when no one was actually at risk of being chopped.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

@Sloonei I am sorry but your reads list is hot garbage. There is no way that Sonny, Jay and Tangy can be your top towns off Nutella interactives. We must be reading entirely different games.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:16 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:51 pm actv is just town tho, nut was genuinely trying to chop the perceived lhf lol nutella spew is real
all of nutella's act suspicion was very early on when no one was actually at risk of being chopped.
it doesn't matter nutella is transparent when she is trying to chop someone earnestly, it's the same with lost monkey
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Actvscenei wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:03 pm
Seanzie wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:57 pm

I know my posts lol, and I disagree with what you’re saying. Your read on me doesn’t feel real, and I’m asking you to defend it. So far, you haven’t been able to.
Nah, you're not asking me to defend myself, you're asking for something to defend against. Good try though.

MafC folk who have said Actv is just being Actv, go find my first post (it is easy to find since my ISO is so short [to find my ISO click the "posts in topic: #" number thingy if you haven't figure this out yet]), and then read the posts by Actv right beforehand. Tell me that is paranoid town!Actv interacting with people she doesn't really know.

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I remain entirely unconvinced that Jay is town but for the benefit of the doubt I will give him some time to end up on the right side of the ledger. Giving him a clear based on his play to now is ridiculous and disrespectful to his wolf game. I don't care about your meta Sloonei, Jay has played enough games with you to be able to fool you.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:17 pm @Sloonei I am sorry but your reads list is hot garbage. There is no way that Sonny, Jay and Tangy can be your top towns off Nutella interactives. We must be reading entirely different games.
Feel free to tell me why. I thought her early-early interaction with Tangy looked confused. I thought the way she handled and reacted to Sonny looked like she just accepted that he was going to be town-read, and then her response to some of his prods had the look and feel of a mafier responding to a townie. Jay is just town all the time no matter what, I didn't need to read any nutella posts for that read.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

In particularly I have no idea how you can claim he is townier for having read the Nutella interactives as it is just making me more paranoid if anything. Every time I see a post of his in her ISO it is soft defense of her and subtly trying to push onto the same LHF that she is.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:17 pm
it doesn't matter nutella is transparent when she is trying to chop someone earnestly, it's the same with lost monkey
Is she incapable of distancing?
What about her Owner read?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Gavial
Made Man
Posts in topic: 255

Post by Gavial »

@hawkataine
Did you receive a result with your no visit?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[VOTE: owner] aubergine
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:20 pm In particularly I have no idea how you can claim he is townier for having read the Nutella interactives as it is just making me more paranoid if anything. Every time I see a post of his in her ISO it is soft defense of her and subtly trying to push onto the same LHF that she is.
This is true if you ignore the posts where it's not true.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Gavial
Made Man
Posts in topic: 255

Post by Gavial »

Sloonei wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:22 pm [VOTE: owner] aubergine
Did you mean [VOTE: Hawk] aubergine
?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Interactions of nutella and hawkataine

From nutella

nutella wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:49 pm
hawkataine wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:47 pm Okay anyway yes hi all I am v excited to be here which is dampened only slightly by how much y'all post lmao

Act and gnome are weird as players, can confirm, haven't really seen any suspicion on them yet that hasn't seemed like a reaction to their standard posting style

Idk if anyone was playing on MU when it first launched in like 2015-16 ish but possibly paths have crossed????? idk I very vaguely recognise some names and it's very offputting xD
I don't believe we've met but I'm enjoying your posting so far
Jay
Sonny
Guillo
Tangy

Town leans
Gnome
Alison
Dana
Mac
Sloonei
Hawk? Liked their style
Act maybe at this point

Gav Nook LC are more tbd

nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 3:25 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 3:22 pm
hawkataine wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 3:21 pm I'm kinda down with a made vote

[VOTE: made] aubergine

I'm pretty chill with nutella dying as well but this is spicier

owner I would like to give more time
I still have vague feelings that hawk is mafia.
lol no you don't
nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 3:30 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 3:28 pm I have vague impressions of purity from hawk. Too little time to expand just a vibe.
Yes

I don't care about the first post; it's meaningless. The orange question mark in the second post made me laugh. Part of me thinks she did that on purpose. I'll relax such assumptions.

It's the two posts at the end that mean most to me. At the very end of the day when Sloonei was voicing some vague concerns about hawk, nutella snapped a big NO at him. I don't think this needs to be interpreted as defending a teammate, because hawk was not remotely in danger of being chopped. Instead my first instinct here is TMI. nutella wanted to smear Sloonei, and one way she did so was to discredit his incorrect vague suspicions of town hawk (as a part of her broader propaganda that Sloonei wasn't making an impact or committing to reads).

From hawkataine

hawkataine wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:43 pm
nutella wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:29 pm not having a postcap is kinda scary with you here but at least hally isn't also playing
I have no idea who y'all are but this comparison instilled dread in my heart
(jk ily hally)
Dana wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:45 pm the wolves are so good at gaining everyones trust and then they just turn around and kill us all
I think I've decided to townlean you for this because you remind me of rubberduckdudette
that's it that's my reasoning
Tangrowth wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:58 pm Hi!

1) Fairly level-headed and open-minded I think?? solid mechanical grasp (sometimes), sometimes I make charts but probs not this time because the voting system looks whack xD
2) Making lots of new friends awh how wholesome
Kito wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 6:28 pm
nutella wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 6:24 pm
Kito wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 6:14 pm what the frick frack snick snack is going ON fellas
town
nice. we can be friends

also jesus you guys ramp it up quickly on D1
townlean here
Tangrowth wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 6:53 pm I think I could better read Act if she were to get herself an avatar.
here's a townlean which I'm already judging myself for
hawkataine wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 7:10 am Lil bit sus of a couple of syndicate players who were like "yeah I like hawk's style she can be vague town"
Like how do you know if my style is AI at all? I've made ~four posts. For a site where the strat is forming early towncores, this seemed generous.
I don't remember who the culprits were, maybe nutella and someone else, I think I did forgive nutella at the time due to context but then I remembered it wasn't just her so big shrug.
hawkataine wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 9:32 am
Garden Gnome wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 9:24 am
hawkataine wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 9:04 am For random context on Owner, here are two anecdotes

One time we played a 24-player game where everyone was town on D1. Owner got yeeted.
One time Owner subbed in as scum in F4 and spent the whole time slowly catching up and playing in the past to avoid suspicion in the present.

I'm reminded of both of these scenarios atm and idk what to make of that. I can absolutely understand being behind on this monstrous thread xD but also I want her to play with us in real time </3
Are you suggesting that she catch up later? That's a challenging way to play. Can you provide a synopsis of what happened for her and for me? (I am finding this forum hard to read.)
No, I mean that I would be suspicious of Owner if she continued to play in the past. I just remember from that game she was responding to fluff/RVS posts in literal F4 and we couldn't do or say anything to make her catch up faster, and it was basically a defense from having to deal with the actual game at hand

But also it's super unfair of me to be like 'work faster' so I absolutely don't want to cause that kind of pressure. I just wanna see some realtime owner content sooner rather than later y'know the feel

So far what's happened... TS players have posted lots and it's been established that meta here is to make large town pools on D1 and then yeet out of the PoE. Act had a wagon early on D1 that seemed mainly to be a reaction to her blunt playstyle, then LoMo got some attention again for his playstyle, then nutella has quite a large wagon that I don't really understand how that happened but I'm about to go ISO them and I'll let you know lol.

This is really not a comprehensive summary but those are the events that have registered in my brain I guess xD
hawkataine wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 10:19 am
Sonny wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 10:17 am
hawkataine wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 10:08 am Sonny sorry if you've already weighed in on this but what are your current takes on LoMo and Owner?
LoMo's feels okay to me, I thought his call out on Nutella and the 'could unvote' thing was good. I'm still waiting to see town!Owner, I don't care about the wording stuff, that's Owner being Owner, she just feels 'not here'.
Cool I'm on pretty much the same page so that's reassuring

Just wanted a perspective from someone who knows them and is caught up lol
hawkataine wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 10:33 am Idk anything about nutella's meta and I'm having a hard time separating the play from the memes but I had a go at ISOing them and here are some observations:

- They call out LoMo for not wanting to get into the meat of the game but overall that's the impression I get from their own ISO, there's lots of one-word responses and memes that make it hard to spot much content
- Town reads both me and Kito very early based on very little
- Has a couple of odd interactions with guillo where town reads him strongly but then says he 'enjoys twisting things', also there's another weird bit where she's like 'probs best to drop it' when guillo is being suspicious of her?? I didn't really understand this interaction, it's around post 1320 if anyone wants a look
- Weird comment about scumreading Alison only if she includes her in her PoE - there's quite a lot of this kind of general deflection and "yeah I'm town it should be obvious 'nuff said"
- Also votes so far have been Act at the start, then LoMo and Owner more recently - all very lhf at this point

So conclusion is that yeah I don't really mind the wagon here tbh, although any meta perspective people can give me would be appreciated
hawkataine wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 11:11 am Interested in nanook's progression on nutella if he fancies sharing at any point

Also just to say this forum has had a great vibe so far so ty for being great to play with! <3
hawkataine wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 3:17 pm Okay scratch that this thread is growing faster than I can read it so I will read from both ends xD I got this far with my notes

- Fable's entrance seems pretty good around 1805
- Wisty's talking around nutella seems bad if nutella flips town
- Guillo's reads in 1819 look pretty unobjectionable (except Belzy) but tbf his town pile is smaller than lots of other peoples'
- Speaking of which I would like to hear more from Belzy and I hope she's not just skating by on the town cred she got early on
- And Act?? Oh wait she's back nvm
hawkataine wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 3:21 pm I'm kinda down with a made vote

[VOTE: made] aubergine

I'm pretty chill with nutella dying as well but this is spicier

owner I would like to give more time

The orange highlights here are just to make the relevant content easier to find in the posts. hawk had little to say regarding nutella during the early stages of Day 1, probably because she doesn't know her. Fine. Once the larger wagon had formed she decided to take a closer look, and she emerged with a relatively shrug mindset along the lines of "okay sure, she can be a wagon". This is similar to Belzy's content about nutella, but a bit better developed. There's a little green moment at the end that looks decent to me from a mindset perspective -- I can believe town hawk having this thought (I don't know who Wisty refers to, so it's a general notion). It's a small point.

All that said, the Made vote exists. It must be acknowledged and considered.

~~~

Conclusion

This is a bit of a challenging case where I really don't feel hawk as a nutella teammate -- but I also cannot say with confidence that she isn't nutella's teammate. That's my gun-to-head take. The Made vote on its own power is enough to leave room in a broader POE effort for her though. Probably projects as a back-end suspect.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:20 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:17 pm @Sloonei I am sorry but your reads list is hot garbage. There is no way that Sonny, Jay and Tangy can be your top towns off Nutella interactives. We must be reading entirely different games.
Feel free to tell me why. I thought her early-early interaction with Tangy looked confused. I thought the way she handled and reacted to Sonny looked like she just accepted that he was going to be town-read, and then her response to some of his prods had the look and feel of a mafier responding to a townie. Jay is just town all the time no matter what, I didn't need to read any nutella posts for that read.
Right, sorry it seemed like you implied that your town read of Jay was related to the interactives.

There is no inherent value in Nutella locking Sonny in as town the way she did. Sonny might have been towny but she was being pushed, and he is a player for whom she has no meta and he was attracting easy townreads. It would be much easier for her (and her team) to promote him as a null/cast some doubt on that slot simply mathemetically. There is agenda behind her acquiescence to the thread considering him town.

There is however, only one between he, Tangy and Jay imo because I doubt Nutella lumps all three of them into the top tier as town along with Guillo if two of them are mafia. Nutella is a typical wolf that way. She will scatter her wolf teammates around in her readslists. She will also seek to ensure that one of them is always positioned to run deep with her.

The question is, is it the one that she had some awkward interactions with that make no real sense (Tangy) or the one that she locked as top town based on thread sentiment despite the fact that they sheeped me asking them to vote her?

I mildly lean towards Sonny.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:21 pm
Come on Sloonei.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Gavial wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:24 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:22 pm [VOTE: owner] aubergine
Did you mean [VOTE: Hawk] aubergine
?
I was gonna, but she's got lots of votes already so there's no need for me to contribute more pressure there.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:24 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:21 pm
Come on Sloonei.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”